Never in doubt

Can’t this team do anything easily?

First consecutive wins in a month.

1. Mike Boone says:

Put a cork in it, Tubbo!

2. petrov14 says:

Yea, thats where im at. Groan…..

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

Never in doubt

Closer than it should have been

1. keepthefaith says:

Exactly. How about anyone instead of AK and we are nt even having this conversation

2. punkster says:

I’m in!!!

3. zak says:

The problem is poor picks. there have been good choises in the positions we in but we picked the wrong players. David fisher who we didn’t offer a contract to instead of David Perron.BG an Timmons seemed to like US college guys.

4. andrewberkshire says:

Also always liked Davidson. He used to be one of the lone brightspots on CBC during the satellite hotstove. And you’re right, he definitely deserves his job with the Blues, which he proves every year as that team keeps getting better (injuries this year are a set back).

5. HFX-HabFan says:

So true.  People in Halifax vote against anything that will bring even the smallest form of change.

6. andrewberkshire says:

Sent you an email, Dave.

7. Sheldon says:

You’re spot on. I do, however, miss John Davidson doing color, but given his knowledge of the sport he now has the gig he deserves.

8. andrewberkshire says:

Of all the local tv sports broadcasters I find the MSG guys to be some of the best. When a penalty is deserved by the Rangers, they say it. When the other team is playing better, they say it. None of the BS like you get from Edwards at NESN or the idiots who do the Penguins broadcasts.

9. PeterD says:

Remember the “wave”…what ever happened to that…so amazing to watch the crowd do that spontaneously during a game.

10. zak says:

Veteran guys like MAB and Picard eh.

11. keepthefaith says:

Oh my god i am sick of hearing this same crap over and over. Stop living in the past man. This is a salary cap world we live in. Montreal doesnt just get all the best players anymore . There are more than six teams in the league now in case you didnt notice. We are missing our top 2 defenseman and people want us to beat every team 5 or 6 nothing everynight. Montreal has a hard job luring the big free agents, how do you expect we compete every year for a cup? We spend to the ceiling of the cap. Do you think they are wanting to lose on purpose?

12. PeterD says:

I am as upset as you to see the floundering of our once mighty and proud team.

Problem is we always finish too high in the standings to get the #1 overall pick which typically can be a “franchise player”…I think we either need to get incredibly lucky with our trades to arrange for a deal like hte one that got us Lafluer back in the day or like Boston did to get Sequin last year…otherwise the best we can do is try to be respectible year after year and never be able to get the franchise player to build around.

13. Sheldon says:

I hate them singing ole, ole. It often marks a turning point against the Habs. Leave it where it belongs, i.e. at Real Madrid. And, Na, Na, Na should be reserved for the playoffs. The problem with that, however, is given the performance of the team since ’93, they would rarely get the chance to sing it at an appropriate time.

14. zak says:

Robert Mayer is not having a great year with the Dogs so they could send him there for a couple of years.

15. Graves says:

To be fair, I could well be looking at the trade with rose-coloured glasses on simply because I really don’t want to think about the possibility that the Habs let O’Byrne go for nothing. But I like what I’ve read of Bournival. No-quit attitude, extremely hard worker, nearly made the WJC team this year, and he’s steadily improved every year since he was drafted. As for him being drafted in the third round, well, so was O’Byrne himself. And Tomas Plekanec, for that matter. Obviously I’m not saying he’s going to be as good as either of those players, but counting him out because of when he was drafted isn’t exactly fair. I can’t argue with you about the certainty factor though.

Like I said in my original post, I really don’t know why the trade was necessary in the first place. Now that it’s over and done, I’m just trying to find the positives in who the team ended up with.

16. Sheldon says:

Crap, just got kicked off the HNIC feed. Gonna have to watch the Rags guys. Well, they ain’t so bad. Sam Rosen is not f’n Jack Edwards!

17. PeterD says:

Sorry…that song does nothing for me..may be because I am not a Rangers fan…but I do love the Bell Center faithful singing Ole, ole, ole…and at the right time (when the gameis over and we win) the Naa Naa Hey Hey Goodbye song…but that one I hate when they start singing before the game is actually over…I remember the very untimely singing of that and we actually ended up losing the game…very bad form (and bad karma) to sign a victory song until the final buzzer goes.

18. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hopefully Cammy will pot a couple tonight.

Was on a 10 game goal-less drought prior to his injury. He really needs to come out of his slump, the Habs desperately need his scoring. And AK46’s too.

These two guys and Gionta are supposed to be our big-time scorers. Really need them to contribute a lot more.

Check out my new ‘Top 10 Saves of the Year’ video.

19. Habnofear says:

Here’s a thought….It’s been 19 years now that the Habs have been to the big show  and back then if you told any Habs fan it would be 24-5 years before the next play-off final (?)for our beloved Montreal Canadiens I would of simply laughed in your face.And when Gainey then Gauthier took over all you could hear fans saying  was 5 year rebuild  and then the Cup!And even now it’s have patience ,we’re 3 years away! Do any of us really see this ? A nd why is it during all this effort  other teams seem to  or have gotten their ship right and sail full speed towards the cup?Some might say  in those arena’s if there’s not a very strong team the team will fold so the owners have no choice and in Montreal  win or lose fans will show up and yell to the sky of their passion for the Habs regardless of their meritocracy and I find that ..well,selfish.3year plan or 5 or 20 …it’s bullshiet!!! Every year the MONTREAL CANADIENS should be contenders  ,AFTER ALL THIS IS THE TEAM OF ALL HOCKEY and for a fan to accept any less and based their belief on a fantasy rebuild  while the team flops around like beached flounder and a cup appearance  no where in sight make’s me sick.Remember  this Montreal Canadiens …some of your biggest fans don’t have one year  left in them,never mind  three or five and they deserve MORE THAN THIS…way more! FIX THIS TEAM NOW!

20. Sheldon says:

Evidently, it was written in 1940 and the Rangers never won another Cup until its lyrics were rediscovered and sung by the fellow who does the anthems at MSG. Makes me want to don a fur coat!

21. punkster says:

And I get a kick every time you post it. So 1930s-40s college fight song. Hopr they never change it.

Never in doubt

1. B says:

There are many ways to slice up stats, but there is no such thing as a tie in the NHL anymore.

2. B says:

“And does anyone actually believe that any journalist has that kind of influence?”
    Red Fisher?

3. Dave Stubbs says:

Wow. A guy expresses an opinion that he’s paid to do, suggesting the coach could have publicly stated the booing of his goalie was uncalled for after an excellent performance, and people have this “chimp” trying to orchestrate the coach being run out of town. What did I miss? And does anyone actually believe that any journalist has that kind of influence?

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter:

4. Jbird says:

HAHA.  Its not that bad!

5. makka83 says:

and Halak lost to them 3-0… your point?

6. habsperspective says:

That’s a tough arena to wear any opponents jersey, I remember game 3 very well in 2008, make sure your in numbers!!!!

The sea of Orange can be quite intimidating, especially after we crush them!

7. Mr.Hazard says:

I wouldn’t be surprised. And then we’ll suck for another game or two (hopefully not).

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

8. punkster says:

Loved the heart and soul of the guy though. Couldn’t help but.

9. Fool of Chu says:

Well, obviously this does not only interest Chris.

I can’t hear this anymore. Goalie bandwagoners trying to prove why *their* goalie actually would work better in the playoffs.

Halak is unproven in the playoffs as Price’s playoff record is downright awful. And yes, I know, the entire team in last year’s playoffs was not legitimate. Apart from Kovy at least.

The only thing I hope for right now is: If we make the playoffs, we should show up for the games, and win one or two.

10. light_n_tasty says:

Who happen to be the lowest scoring team in the NHL…

11. Habscore says:

Have fun buddy!

12. JD_ says:

At least he’d plow through Boucher on his first shift, then do that “whazzat?” thing as he’s sent to the box, before coming out and pounding some Flyer’s fist with his face.

13. makka83 says:

Carey F. Price?

14. andrewberkshire says:

Good luck, Mike!!!

15. coachdoug says:

I like the optimism Dan…Fans need a good old fashioned smackdown to drown the sorrows of the the last few games…

“At least we are not the Laffs…but we might be heading that way.”

16. ebk says:

since Feb 1st(vs Playoff Teams)

Halak  3 wins and 4 losses(42%) and has lost 4 of his last 5.(20%)

Price 2 wins -1loss -1 tie(62.5)

17. J.J. of Turku says:

We win 5-1.

18. B says:

The point was simply that you have to make it to the playoffs first. The Habs are not there yet. I am not sure why pointing that out involves straw grasping.

19. Fargo Habs Fan says:

Yes, but with your brother’s baby.

“The good thing about drinking during games is if they lose, you’re too drunk to care during and too hungover to care after.” – J.T.

20. Danno says:

Hear me now, believe me later…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

Never in doubt

Against the worst team in the NHL.

Plekanec: Esay save

Potulny: Four great moves and Jaro saves

Gomez: Save

Horcoff: Save

Gionta: Backhand wide

Brulé: Post!

Pouliot: Save

Nilsson: Save

Gagner: Wide

Never in doubt

First win in the west.

Second win in regulation.

19th great game for Tomas Plekanec.

Never in doubt

Ho-hum, another loss in New Jersey.

Not pretty … and a few worries heading into the All-Star break

Never in doubt

A good, hard-fought W.

Check the main site for audio.