Liveblog: Shootout loss

394796-carey-price-attrape-rondelle-vol

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Josh Gorges | Max Pacioretty

Plekanec: Four dekes and a save

Vanek: Wrister goal

Max-Pac: GOAL!

Boyes: Deke and an easy goal

Gionta: Save

1. habsperspective says:

I really though the Morons were going to completely screw that up.

2. DEANDALLEY says:

WAY TO GO COLE …

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

3. 24moreCups says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PK TO COLZEEEEE!!!!!

4. habsfaninboston says:

Sweet!

5. durocher says:

A PP goal? Well I’ll be….

6. JIMVINNY says:

Sold that one… Palushaj is getting good at drawing penalties.

7. DEANDALLEY says:

PP ….. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

8. DEANDALLEY says:

Cammy’s invisable tonight!

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

9. habsrpast says:

can someone tell me what i can get on apple tv2 in terms of sports ? can I get NHL center ice, sunday ticket NFL?
    it looks to be a great thing.

Well the play has been much better. Kids are playing well.

Except for Plekanic on the point again. He nearly gave up his 5th goal against us with the power play. As it was, he gave them a power play instead this time.

Why coach, why?? You burn Pleks out. Have a little faith in the bench coach. Play the kids!

11. badbalance says:

Dont worry guys, soon Emelin will be told to “chill out” and he will be forced to lower his hits per game to 2.

12. Pucknut says:

Nice play by Gomez from behind the Sabres net!! He tried to ease out a pass in front of the net & not fire it out into the slot to create a possible odd man rush to end the period.

13. JIMVINNY says:

Anyone else unable to get to the main site?

14. scrowe21 says:

Alexei Emelin had four hits and a blocked shot.

Four hits, that would be a year total for Gill.

15. alfieturcotte says:

I am at work in New York and seeking a link to the stream for the game. Anyone have it?

16. 24moreCups says:

Just started watching at the end of the period how’s Emelin looking so far?

17. DEANDALLEY says:

Habs biggest problem is they can’t shoot!

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

18. alfieturcotte says:

I live in New York, does anyone have a link to a live stream of the game please. Thanks.

19. JD_ says:

Good thing Buff eventually managed to put a few on Price.

Ruff doesn’t need any additional first-intermission incentive.

20. habsperspective says:

Im done pumpin other teams goalies tires, our scorers have to score.

21. durocher says:

Pierre McGuire with useless background information each player, where they went to junior, their hometown, etc. He needs a girlfriend badly.

22. Danno says:

No way that was icing

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

23. badbalance says:

Emelin benched aain? Subbie with Josh now

24. habsperspective says:

That second Cole shot has to go in, hes still squeezing too hard. His shots to goal percentage is way to low.

25. Danno says:

Enroth again

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

26. olematelot says:

Cole is snake bit

27. habsperspective says:

This game is putting the crowd to sleep!

28. ooder says:

how is emelin not playing every game… this guys is playing really good out there
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

29. Mattyleg says:

Good Checkin’, Emelin/Yemelin!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

30. Captain aHab says:

Engqvist was trying at least.

31. durocher says:

Nokia double shifted with Pleky out… plan the parade

32. Pucknut says:

I’m likin’ Emelin so far. At least the Habs won`t be outhit by 10 to 1 tonite.

33. Lap4Cap says:

Anybody have a link? Mine just went offline!

Thanks,

J

34. Collision with a linesman? Are you serious?

35. JIMVINNY says:

No way that came all the way out. Diaz’s stick was never more than an inch or two past the blue line. with a three inch puck, that can’t be offside.

36. DEANDALLEY says:

That puck was not out!

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

37. Chuck says:

Watching the RDS feed… won’t those ads painted on the end glass obscure the view of the folks in those expensive seats behind the net?

38. habsperspective says:

How many injuries can this team deal with? Well if its considered they have been actually dealing with things. Lately maybe more so.

39. JIMVINNY says:

DD’s stick slashed out of his hands…

• ffenliv says:

I’ve always found that a funny call (or non-call, in this case). I support the ‘you broke his stick, you go box’ call, but I’ve never thought that someone having a weak grip on their stick was grounds for slashing. It may be under the rules; I haven’t read them. But if it is, I think it should be taken out of there.

40. Chris Higgins says:

Martin just never ever throws in the towel on a “special” idea!

41. Mattyleg says:

We gotta start moving our feet.
    Lots of stick-reaching.
    Echh.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

42. habsperspective says:

Hurry back Markov!?

Out since the spring doesnt constitute long already?

43. DEANDALLEY says:

When will Martin get it that Pleks should not be on the point on a PP!

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

44. durocher says:

- Unbelievable that Lucic didn’t get a fine or suspension — the Bruins will continue to do whatever they want without any consequence.
    - the Pleks on the point experiment has to end
    - why is 63 in the lineup? 45 should be there instead. ANYONE should be there instead

45. RC-51 says:

It’s obvious the PP is NOT working with Pleks playing on the point! Just wondering WHY is he?

46. Chris Higgins says:

Plekanec is a waste of Time at the point on the PP.

47. JIMVINNY says:

Those rushes into the O zone seem to be the only thing Diaz is good at.

With each passing moment I getting more and more disgusted with the NHL. What’s worse is the Habs management think that playing nice with thugs and bullies is going to work.

For what its worth I could care less about suspensions. What I care about is not seeing my home team get mauled. Let’s build a team of bruisers that can dish it out. How many more injuries until it is figured out what doesn’t work in the NHL?

49. Captain aHab says:

Oh goody Pleks on the point.

50. UK-HAB says:

uh-oh
    A POWER PLAY!!!!

51. DEANDALLEY says:

Why do the Habs always get kicked out of the faceoff circle?

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

52. JIMVINNY says:

WTF is wrong with these linesman? DD gets tossed because Roy falls on his face.

GREAT hustle by Cole.

53. Captain aHab says:

Holy crap Cole is fast.

54. Captain aHab says:

Maybe the Habs should take a run at Enroth? ;-)

55. GenerationYHabs says:

Diaz- Emelin pairing scares me.

56. jbroderi says:

I don’t want to dwell on the Miller Lucic thing, but for Christ’s sake. Just give him 1 or 2 games and the message is sent. He had no chance of retrieving that puck, and for the last 30 feet, he was staring at Miller. It really makes a guy wonder, but if you say something about Boston getting preferential treatment, it is like punching a sacred cow in India. The NHL has to let teams win by playing well, not goonery. That behavior is not appropriate in society, nor should it be in hockey. Lucic, Campbell and Thornton, in my opinion, are likely wife beaters.
    “I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

57. G-Man says:

And so Shanahan fails to protect the players from themselves. At the same time, he green lights running goalies who venture from their crease. After a promising start, we see Colin II emerging, and it’s not looking pretty.

58. Un Canadien errant says:

Man, is the cupboard bare. We keep going back to the source and coming up with Mr. Palooshaj and Mr. Engqvist. We need to restock in a big way.

———————————
    How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

59. Habitoba says:

I can’t find the initial comment anymore but I never thought there should have been a suspension on Lucic. I hate the guy but Miller left his crease to play the puck, it was a race to it. Same thing happens along the boards all the time, just this time it seems out of place because Miller’s a goalie. Penalty yes, suspension no, as it should be. Go Habs!!!

60. Captain aHab says:

If I’m Price I’m staying in the crease tonight….Because if I’m Ruff I call the league’s BS immediately and run a goalie to dare them to suspend my guy.

61. DEANDALLEY says:

Shanny is a Puckin goof like Buttman & Campbell!

Boston gets away with thier Shat again & again & again!!!!

“If you’re not first, you’re last”

Well here’s hoping habs play good team game tonight and get a win. May eat these words but rather face a hot Enroth than a hot Miller.

Getting kind of worried about AK one of our best finishers, cheers everyone enjoy the game! I am gonna miss most of it.

63. Everlasting1 says:

Likely posted already..NHL rule 42.1 “However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease” nhl.com
    Regardless of intent and Lucic’s past infractions, the hit was not deemed suspension worthy. The outcome (concussion) however has ruffled many feathers. Therein lies the real controversy. Most unfortunate for Miller.

——————————————————————-
    Thus sayeth the Lord, “Destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks.” Amos 2:9

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Chuck says:

Thing is, Lucic’s contact was anything other than incidental.

• Big Ted says:

That’s the issue. It was clearly not accidental and THAT is why this deserved a suspension.

• Everlasting1 says:

Coming way out of his crease, playing the puck made him ‘fairer’ game. Always risky. The intentional hit is certainly penalty worthy, but grounds for a suspension? Why? Cos of the ensuing concussion? Sh!t happens.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Habitoba says:

It was a game of chicken between the two. Miller lost. Turn the page. You’re going to call intent to injure every time two guys hit each other when racing for the puck? Gimme a break

64. EricMelvin says:

What is it about Bruin players and not being aware of their postion on the ice?

65. twocents says:

Berkshire asked me who could replace Martin.

As far as I’m concerned, if they win I don’t care if Jacques stays, I don’t feel the need to like the coach. And, I pretty much don’t like Martin, though I had an open mind for the last two and a half years. They win, he can stay.

But, if he needs to be replaced, I’d be fine with Hartley. I don’t much like him either, but he has extracted results in both his stints in the NHL. Different bars, but results none the less.

• Hartley was the guy I thought of when someone asked me a few weeks ago as well. He’s won at every level after all. But he seems a little unstable. We’ll never be 100% happy with a coach.

______________________________
      Seriousfan09 has started a Movember team named McPhee’s Irregulars. Donate to him, or me or the team to raise money for a great cause!

66. EricMelvin says:

Maybe if DD wears his quantum skates he can be at every point on the ice simultaneously and catch one of Gomer’s passes.

67. sampson12 says:

So who is out of the lineup?

I’m gonna read closer next time before I ask questions..

68. Pre-game reading: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2011/11/14/2555086/where-do-we-stand

______________________________

69. twocents says:

Boy that tanking stuff is really comin’ up aces for them Isles.

Sure fire stuff, clearly

70. Duke_Rauol says:

Haven’t been impressed by Engqvist this year, would like to see another Dog get a shot.

——————————————————————-
    We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold……

• SlovakHab says:

A team that loses every game is probably not stacked with too much talent. Engqvist, as bad as he looked so far, is still probably the best Bulldog forward. Unfortunately.

71. The Cat says:

I think Lucic shouldve gotten at least 1 game, he had plenty of time to try and avoid Miller.

72. TommyB says:

Should be interesting to watch Ruff work the refs tonight. He’s one of the best under even the usual circumstances. He’ll probably up his game tonight.

73. Bugs says:

I’ve always maintained that to state something equivalent to “anyone who doesn’t see things the way I see things is clearly a so’n'so” means you’re either a weakling who can’t debate, or a weakling who’s afraid to lose the debate, whether in the right or wrong, or even worse, when there IS no right or wrong. I’ve always had that position; it’s never changed as you all know.
    You wanna contend? Hit me. But gimme sumpin I can use and save the self-serving sh*te if you could. Much appreciated.
    Point 2 (related to subject but not to remonstrance) Concerning “what we saw Lucic doing”. I didn’t see him “lift his elbow into buddy’s face” to paraphrase what I’m reading over the matter of his “intent”. Not at all.
    We see his arm being “pushed away” AFTER impact, which, imo again, further demonstrates the contact with Miller as him “bracing for impact” such as we see when two skaters are involved in a chase-down. One is not trying to get suspended by attacking the other, no, they’re BOTH going for the puck.
    I believe this explanation fits more closely with what we saw than the (cold-blooded; doesn’t care about the puck) head-hunter theory.

Back from the Brink’s boasts L. B. Potter, esq.

• TomNickle says:

Players with no malice in their intent don’t typically smile like a child who stole something after having committed their crime. They don’t question a lack of retribution and they don’t generally have a history of trying to injure opponents by way of immoral acts.

But if you really believe that Milan Lucic is the kitten cuddling, rainbow admiring joy joy presence that Brendan Shanahan would have you believe that he is, I suppose you’re in line for some zen.

• christophor says:

“to state something equivalent to ‘anyone who doesn’t see things the way I see things is clearly a so’n’so’ means you’re either a weakling who can’t debate, or a weakling who’s afraid to lose the debate, whether in the right or wrong, or even worse, when there IS no right or wrong… save the self-serving sh*te if you could.”

…and anyone who doesn’t see things on this matter the way you see things is clearly a so’n’so’. In your case, “so’n'so” = “one full of self-serving sh*te”.

Add reflexivity to your criteria for good-points-to-be-made and you’ll do just fine, as usual.

• twilighthours says:

It’s not just that I like you (I do), or like what you say (I do, mostly), it’s that I like the way you say them.

Got a beef with that?

74. filincal says:

Buffalo’s gonna come out with a big head of steam tonight. I don’t think they’ll be taking runs at anyone, but I’m sure Ruff lit a fire under their wimpy a$$es.

Last SUMMIT news post of the day!

Today I received a signed team stick and a game sweater for the Charity Raffle. From the Belleville Bulls of the OHL. Thank you Belleville Bulls.!

Also today I received by courier, a Cary Price game Sweater for the charity raffle. Thanks Cary!

Everyone that is going to the raffle and pre game dinner is asked to donate a gift. Thousands of dollars of donation so far. Everyone will go home with a nice memento of the 2011 Summit
    What are you bringing.?

Rejean Houle will be bringing to the Baton Rouge a team signed stick from the Canadien players for the raffle.

Raffle tickets are $20ea. or 3 for $40. Get them at Hurley’s or the Baton Rouge.

Kerry Goulet will be arriving in Montreal with his donations to the raffle as well and with other concussed players for the presentation delivered by Keith Premeau and press conference at the Novatel hotel at 1pm Saturday 19th.

They will also be at Hurley’s pub Friday to mingle with the HIO group.

Kerry Goulet