Miracle on Ice?

With Alexander Ovechkin loafing, Tomas Plekanec wins the game.

How’s José Theodore feeling about that?

Wow!

1,178 Comments

1. patrice brisebois says:

He also can’t be flushed.

2. TOEmastro says:

said it before , Say it again, EXCI phys, downtown, 9am…nuff said

3. TOEmastro says:

THE GOAILE!!!!!!

4. Danno says:

What about Sergei and Andrei Kos***syn?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

5. cautiousoptimist says:

Me too, but hoping never got me anything, so I’m gonna go out on a limb and say I know we’re gonna win tonight. : )

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  6. g says:

i hpe your right

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

7. king ddd says:

a bit off topic here but i was reading this thing on the upcomiing world championship. apprently canada is sending a  young group this year names included( stamkos, tavres, ott, neal, beauchemain, perry, whitney & hell even eberle) i was just wondering why does nathan horton nor stephen weiss ever get considerations to these kinds of events.. i mean its not like they arent good hockey players

.::moen for captain::.

8. avatar_58 says:

Good it will make firing the coach much easier when he lets us lose by not trying a goalie swap

9. yukonhab says:

ITs good to be finally here…Playoffs!

GO HABS GO!!!

I’m behind you…

10. cautiousoptimist says:

Fearless Game 1 prediction: both teams come out with a ton of energy. Montreal scores first, ten minutes in, and doesn’t relinquish the lead in spite of some WAS golas off defensive lapses and a hairy last five minutes in the 3rd.  Halak stands on his head.  Moen turns into a wrecking ball, Gill fights, and our D hits like we’ve rarely seen this year.  For the first time in years, we’ve got a bunch of guys who understand that the playoffs are to the regular season what U.S Open tennis is to whiffleball — and Washington doesn’t.  This is gonna be a helluva lot more interesting than most people think.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  11. captaink4life says:

IT’S KNUCKLE PUCK TIME

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

12. cautiousoptimist says:

CANADIENS!  WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!!!

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  13. PattyBoy31 says:

Mighty Ducks style! I like this

14. captaink4life says:

A goalie that’s an offensive threat…. I like it!!!!

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

15. andrewberkshire says:

Not laughing, just happy I don’t have to do Calc. As for divorce, not worried.

16. captaink4life says:

What if Halak gets injured….

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

17. captaink4life says:

LOL!

I like the way you think (because I have tickets to Game 6)!!!

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

18. captaink4life says:

ya triple integrals with polar coordinates are the devil!!!

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

19. JIMVINNY says:

Unreal, huh?

20. Tis Himself says:

Don’t laugh! You will if you ever get divorced!

21. Jordio-oh says:

ugh. International Relations papers. i do not miss them.

22. Hockey Socks says:

the habs better win so that I go into tomorrow’s accounting exam with positive energy

23. cautiousoptimist says:

You know there’s somthing wrong with the filtering system here when you can’t even mention the great Dick Irvin, but you can type Rejean Houle and Mario Tremblay as much as you like.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  24. andrewberkshire says:

I’m so glad that I haven’t needed to take math since highschool!!

25. ooder says:

haha lol… aa man..

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

26. yathehabsrule says:

So the Habs come out and light up Theodore, shutting the Capitals down to just 20 shots.

Of those 20, on over 15 of them we see Halak stand on his head.

Habs win 5-1 and Martin channels Dick Irvin to motivate his squad to a six-game upset.

And still…..Exit716 will blast the incompetence of Habs management all the way down to Frank Selke.

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

27. zozotheclown says:

I feel the same way, but the rectal bleeding is due to deformable solids

Sry for the imagery, go habs go!

28. ooder says:

freaking sucked man.. so many long integrals i’m bound to have screwed ups ome of them..

as well as the cylindrical and spherical coordiantes…

i’m in freakin software engineering i don’t even need it lol

——————

29. Smiss says:

Open Door Theodore?

30. captaink4life says:

ahh ok

did that one already haha

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

31. ooder says:

sort of like cal 3 but from hell.

in concordia it’s engr 233 (applied advanced cal)

——————

32. yathehabsrule says:

Habs in six.

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

33. t1tan5 says:

AdCal is cal 4. Come on, get with the program!

34. vin23 says:

Make us dream!!!

35. jbroderi says:

I never got raped by calculus.  I knew the outcome before I started the course so I just kept quiet, bent over, and took it.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

36. jbroderi says:

hahaha’

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

37. captaink4life says:

urghhhh sorry to hear that 🙁

cal 3??

I have a dynamics final tomorrow at 2 :S

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

38. makka83 says:

you can’t rape the willing!

39. nick says:

Even when Markov was gone…

40. Will Longlade says:

Turtleneck power!

41. ooder says:

got raped by my advanced cal final..

the habs better win.. i need some cheering up

——————

42. B says:

Montreal did alright against Washington during the regular season with Ovechkin in the lineup.

43. jbroderi says:

what do you think the chances are of Ovie getting so worked up before the game that in the first period he does something really dumb and dirty and gets tossed?   One can only hope

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

44. jbroderi says:

sorry,

Smurf Power!!!

haha

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

45. Lap4Cap says:

Something to do with Jose Three-or-More?

Hello, I’m Jordan and I hate Julie…

46. jbroderi says:

He doesn’t even really coach.  his only responsibility is to make sure they don’t get penalized for too many men.  If the habs come out gunning to start, he might have to take his mind off the post-game meal and try to respond, which I am not sure he is that good at.

I also hated when he defended Ovies dirty plays, acting like a spoiled little child.  It wasn’t that bad, it should be no suspension wha wha wha!!

We have Grimace from the old McDonald’s commercials as a coach (did you notice how much JM wears purple?)  He’ll earn his stripes!!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

47. Rudy says:

I mean a positive one to put up to the glass during their warm up.

48. jbroderi says:

f*CK You Ovechkin

Go Habs Go!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

49. TOEmastro says:

Got any shoe polish?

50. TOEmastro says:

Habs in 3…2….1! GO!!!

51. Rudy says:

I need a sign for the warm up tonight to encourage the Habs, any suggestions?

52. ShangaDoo says:

Definitley not ;D, it’s just another fact we can rub in the face of a Leafs fan.

I am surrounded by Leafs fan and the way they belittle the Habs like they’re any better is annoying.

53. Big Ted says:

Bruce Boudreau seems like he was one of those kids who whined about everything and ran to tell the teacher every time something bad happened. That guy complains about everything. At least when Brian Burke complains, it’s funny. Boudreau just comes off as being sore. If he can’t stand a little heat, he’s in the wrong profession. That’s why I’ve said over and over that a strong performance in the first game might really rattle Washington up. They don’t have thick skin at all.

54. Habscore says:

Geez! Probably worse than my 30-page paper on the Sunni-Shia conflict in Iraq.

55. captaink4life says:

Habs in 3

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

56. TOEmastro says:

anyone else thing it’s sad that we get 10 new players, and blow up the team and STILL make the playoffs while the leafs haven’t been there in 5 years?

57. TOEmastro says:

Exercis physiology and neurophysiological basis of movement, BOO!!!

(no multiple choice)

58. habsoul says:

Although the odds are long, I am much more hopeful about this years opening series than last season’s disastrous tilt against the Bruins. With the Habs best defender (Markov) and scorer (Lang) out, Montreal could offer Boston little more than token resistance. And who knows what Gainey was thinking by not giving Halak a single start even though Price was flailing in the nets.

This time around everyone except Metropolit and Mara is healthy and there is at least potential for success. The two advantages that Montreal has are the PK and goaltending. If they can also convert on the PP, the games will be close.

Regardless of what happens, my expectations are under control and I’m looking forward to some top-notch hockey.

GO HABS!!!

59. cautiousoptimist says:

You know what, this is when Gainey’s pick-ups are going to bear fruit — he went out and got proven clutch guys, heart guys, character guys that will chew through steel to win.  Guys like Gionta and Moen that we didn’t have last year.  Guys like Gomez and Cammy who can elevate their games to something really truly special when it’s needed.  Gill too was born to play the PK against a team like Washington.  A healthy Mara also factored into the plans, a vocal grizzled vet who’d sooner drink molten lava than go down without a fight.  Character guys, identity guys, joining a team that sorely lacked both those things.  Last year, we weren’t nearly as good as everyone thought.  This year, we’re a far better team than anyone gives us credit for.

The hell with the pundits and their predictions (sorry Boone).  We’ve got at least as much shot at Washington as Colorado did against the might Sharks last night.  I’d say more.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  60. Habscore says:

LOL! I’m having too much caffeine these days and not enough sleep (papers, papers, papers!!), I feel like I’m hallucinating 8-\

61. TOEmastro says:

go habs go! 16 and oh!

(I gotta stop smoking before exams)

62. AH says:

As we saw last night, things are a lot tighter in this league than many may think. On paper the Habs should get blown out…but…..

Wiil they win? highly unlikely, but possible. If they don’t win, all I hope is that they at least show up, COMPETE, and don’t roll over! Play hard, play tough, play big, and leave it all on the ice!, and if the CAPS win at least let them know they were in a frickin battle!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

63. jimhasbeen says:

or long drawn out:

GO–LI–ATHHHHH    GO-LI-ATHHHHHHH

64. jimhasbeen says:

i thought of a good chant for the home games:

DAVID! DAVID! DAVID!

(get it? its biblical)

65. jimhasbeen says:

lets get 2000 posts today!!!!!!!

66. jbroderi says:

lets have fun with this..  If we lose, big deal.  We didn’t sit in the cellar year after year, draft in the top 5, then trade jagr and get a bunch of picks.  I just hope the Habs put in the effort we have seen glimpses of this year and then it will take care of itself.

One thing I hate is when you watch the previews, they won’t say anything about “the habs have to do this or that”  they just say “caps are too big and strong, not even close”

that may be true, but for god’s sake, Montreal was closing in on 3rd in the conference before they hit a bit of a rough patch.  If the habs had one the last 2 games 4 to 1 but still played washington, what would the experts say then.

I think the issue with the Habs this year is that they are a bit of an unknown.  How will they come out, will they follow the system?  Maybe, maybe not.  I just hope they play well, get lead by the guys with cup rings, and get good goaltending.  If they do all thoses things and still lose, I’ll hold my head high anyway.

GO HABS GO!!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

67. avatar_58 says:

Of course I saw the teams outworked and out-muscled….something the habs usually don’t do

68. Habscore says:

CKAC radio guy and a group of guys at l’Oratoire for some prayers..lol

69. Big Ted says:

Phoenix has home ice but to me they are no question the underdog when you look at the team they’re playing. It says nothing about how good a season they had, only that the team they’re playing has been the most dominant team in hockey over the past ten or so years, that they have been to the finals the past two, and that they have a lot more collective playoff experience than the Coyotes.  On the one hand, Washington may be more ready for the Habs after having seen other top seeds lose the opener, but on the other maybe there will be more doubt in their heads about their own chances. The Habs need to take the game to the Caps tonight, if anything, last night’s games show that it is possible to knock off anyone.

70. jimhasbeen says:

we’re all gonna get laid!!!

71. Jbell10 says:

Highlarious

72. bigjack says:

Great Photoshop Job! But why did you leave Jacques’ real ears in the picture….oh wait…

73. Habscore says:

LMAO! This pic just made me spills my cappuccino! Nice

JM better be our saviour for Christ’s sake!