It’s officially UGLY

PenguinsNealHIO

No Crosby?
No Malkin?
No Letang?
No problem.

The tougher, faster, hungrier Penguins skated circles around the Canadiens, smacked them all over the ice, forced errors and won with dismaying ease.

Pathetic and depressing.

Scary to think what the score would have been if Crosby et al had played.

1. piper says:

Molsons….Get rid of PG and JM right now and let the new guy have a fire sale.

2. habsfan0 says:

Counting the pre season, Habs are now 3-11.

3. Captain aHab says:

I don’t get why people feel that playng pluggers with a minute left will teach the scorers a lesson….the pluggers didn’t play either tonight. The time to teach a lesson is during practice tomorrow not when you’re trying to score.

4. Danno says:

Is there a mutiny afoot on the SS J-Mart?

Looks like the team put on an effort in the last 90 seconds just to show him how it would be, if only…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

5. daveho29 says:

That was painful to watch.

6. JayBee says:

I’d like to throw my hat in the ring for the Habs coaching gig.

*down 6-0*
    *scribbles something on grocery receipt*
    *adjusts tie*

I can do it!

7. twilighthours says:

So it seems the general feeling out there is to fire the coach. I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

————————————–
    If you’re sick of not being able to view the HIO comment structure from your iPhone, try downloading Mercury browser. If you have alternative suggestions, please send them along!

8. Ozmodiar says:

Looks like the team had the same itinerary to get to Pittsburgh as Mr Boone…right down to the bar still being open on arrival.

9. Chris Higgins says:

This team has been so irrelevant to the NHL for so long now, aside from sending money down south, who cares?

In other news the Caps start the season 6-0.

• Chris Higgins says:

And will go out in round 1 when every other coach in the league realizes that Boudreu’s only game plan is to double shift OV. Scotty tissue can outcoach this guy!

• HardHabits says:

I was going to comment that it would be funny if that 8th place team to knock them out was going to be the Habs.

But I think tonight’s tilt was between the Eastern Conference finalists to be this year and I don’t mean the Habs and the Pens.

11. OneTimer says:

o god. this game made a habs optimist a pessimist for the night. groan.

heading to the bar for a solitary drink

12. zozotheclown says:

Now it not the time to ***** about pluggers in the last minute, it was 3-1, they weren’t there to score, they were there to show other players that if they don’t play hard they won’t play when it counts.

13. lavie says:

This team sucks deep:

No real NHL cal. coaching; no real leadership; no step-up players.

14. danhabsfan says:

If they can start the next game where they ended this game… it might be worth watching.

15. morivera says:

Well, at least by springtime I can watch the Expos at the big O..

16. HabCez says:

umm darche moen engq?
    did JM give up?

17. JayBee says:

Darche and Moen on the ice. Martin you ***** joke

18. t1tan5 says:

The fact that they try now is even more infuriating. Where were you guys for the last 59 minutes?!

19. roady says:

D’arche & Moen…brilliant…! less than a minute to go…

take your drink to the end of the bar,buddy…come on now don’t be a fool…

20. rogieshan says:

Darche and Moen – the big guns!

21. morivera says:

That was the most important goal since Lafleur scored on May 10 1979 against Boston.

22. habsguru says:

team spends more time on their website than D zone break out. half face of Gill and Gionta still only = 6’1″ this sucks

23. kyrest says:

A couple of things: 1. Emelin on the PP (ITS ABOUT F**KIN TIME) 2. I HATE and i can’t say it enough HATE 1-2-2 It’s so elementary/boring 3. WHY JACQUES do you keep breaking up the only lines which function, its like the lets keep Andrei off the scoreboard game! I love how Sergei had an “attitude” problem who couldn’t make it in the leage and is now a Pt per Game player…. and finally although I love Darche’s can’t die attitude, he’s not a powerplay guy, he’s at best a third liner. We need a 4th line guy, in the NHL you need guise that can hit and turn the momentum, every1 says you need an enforcer: bollocks; the only thing you need to change momentum is a couple of big hits and a faceoff win now and again…Can anyone help Gauthier spell Zenon Kenopka a

24. Captain aHab says:

What the fock is Engqvist doing on the ice with a minute to go down 2 goals? Fire Martin please!

25. habsfaninmd says:

…clearly, Muller’s presence on the bench as the X’s n O’s guy, as well as all the other intangibles is sorely missed.

26. homerbowen says:

Yes, it’s time to move the coach but as I have been saying for 2 – 3 years we can’t finish at the net because we lack serious hockey talent. We are in tough shape this year and for many to come.

27. roady says:

think it’s a little late there fella’s…

take your drink to the end of the bar,buddy…come on now don’t be a fool…

They’re rioting in Montreal.

29. Danno says:

Ca sent la coupe!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

30. zozotheclown says:

“3P 2:00 What’s to say? It can’t get worse, can it?”

A loss to the leafs…

Hey a goal… too little too late make me happy

31. HabComplex says:

Whad I say? Asham could have scored a couple tonight. Come back Aaron, we’re short on who play like you do.

32. habzfan2003 says:

AND THERE IT IS!!!!

*DOES A JIG*

33. since1988 says:

When can we start getting optimistic about next september?

“I savour it every day, sometimes before practice I’m skating around and I’ll look at the logo on my jersey – I’m playing for the Canadiens!”
    - Mathieu Darche

34. morivera says:

(casting my vote for the 3 stars) Does Cole spell his name Eric, or Erik?

35. Captain aHab says:

If they’re not bag skated tomorrow, then we can confirm this is a country club.

36. king ddd says:

are we like last in the standing now

37. MasterHab says:

At this rate Carey Price should finally win his 100th career game around the same time as he registers his 100th career loss (if he hasn’t reeled that one in already)

I can see it now. Martin will get desperate and beg Gauthier to demote Gomez to Hamilton. Gauthier will ask Molson for permission and within a day or so, Gomez will be riding buses in the AHL. And with all that new-found cap space, Gauthier will do…..nothing. The money saved will go into Molson’s pocket.
    Then, Martin will get fired (and naturally Perry Pearn will follow) One of the remaining assistant coaches will be named as interim coach. Then, one by one, an Expos-style fire sale of all the vets will occur. The youth movement will be in full swing. It’ll be just like the Oilers only without any 1st overall picks of course.

And a year from now we’ll all be longing for the “good old days” of Corey, Houle and Tremblay.

• Bill says:

…. mmm not to get technical but Molson still has to pay Gomez even if the money isn’t on the “cap”. Sucks to be him. Haha, not really, he’s filthy rich.

Full Breezer 4 Life

38. habzfan2003 says:

Habzfan2003
    ^
    <=====================|

Just itchin' for the habs to pot one so he can jump back on the bandwagon…
    NEEDS THE BANDWAGON!

39. rogieshan says:

Would le petit tigre consider coaching again?

40. Sean Bonjovi says:

Weber sucks, no one covers him on the PP because he can’t get open. The habs PP is really just 4-4 when he’s on the ice.

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
    - Sean Bonjovi

41. DEANDALLEY says:

Would some reporter grow a pair & ask after the game “How long do you think till you get fired Jacques”?

“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing”

42. king ddd says:

folks hate to say it i dont think jm is getting fired.. and even if we fire him theres there is no francophone coach around, and pleas no rookie coaches.

i really dont get this language thingy, i mean if the english national team can have an italian soccer coach why in the blue hell cant the ahbs have an english speaking coah

43. twilighthours says:

I’m not really a Martin hater but comparing Martin to Bylsma is laughable. One’s a guy who wants his players to collapse on D and chip the puck on offense, and the other is a proper NHL head coach. You figure out which is which.

————————————–

44. kenzie420 says:

Fire the coach fire him fire him fire him fire him fire him

When times get tough, just remember, at least I’m not a leafs fan!! go habs go

45. RiverviewCanadien says:

I REFUSE!

…to believe that this team, these players, are this bad at playing hockey.

Honestly, do you really think they ALL play lethargically because that is their style?

Tonight I bought a First Class ticket on the “Get Rid of Jack” Wagon. Screw the coaching staff in place, there are a number of good players on this team, and I will not attempt to convince myself these players can’t win.

Or maybe I am just delirious…must be, I tuned into the BOS/TOR before the 3rd period was at the halfway mark.

• twilighthours says:

It’s true. There are some serviceable-to-good-to-great players on this team. It shouldn’t be this bad.

————————————–

46. habsfaninmd says:

Let’s get Kirk Muller back, NOW!

JSK

47. Captain aHab says:

Eller and Price are the only guys trying tonight.

48. kyrest says:

SOOOOO I think it’s time to play every Habs fans favourite game: Next Coach!

49. Bill says:

BYLSMA called a time out? What do you suppose each team was talking about?

Bylsma: (to Pens) Okay, I know you guys want to hit your bonuses, but this one is over and I don’t want you running up the score against these pathetic a**holes, okay?

Martin: (to Habs) What’s he doing? Time-out? What’s a time-out? Okay, new line: DD, Weber, and my pet hamster!!

Full Breezer 4 Life

50. 11habs11 says:

This is sad

51. Laramy87 says:

Maybe Martin wants to get fired?

52. AK_PK_Usay says:

This game is a sad affair. Price saved so many crazy goals, but the team looked lost even in the warmup :S

WTF did JM tell them? “play well or im getting fired”

53. JFriedman says:

Jacques Martin is trending on twitter and not for a good reason… Everyone wants him fired.

54. deuce6 says:

This team needs a change..Not in player personnel, but management…Clear the entire lot…We need a fresh start..This team, as is, is going nowhere…Bring Muller back as a HEAD COACH..

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

55. morivera says:

(next TV stoppage).
    JM: OK guys, here’s a new plan I drew up to hold Pittsburgh to only 3 goals.

56. habsfan0 says:

So, who will be the next francophone coach of the Habs
    after JM is sent packing? My vote is for Bonhomme Carnaval.

57. Chris Higgins says:

So long as Gomez is on this team, the Habs will suck badly. Get rid of him and they will merely suck!

58. Bill says:

… was that a time out?

Full Breezer 4 Life

59. Cam_1 says:

For the love of god man just fire JM please. Don’t make swear…Molson brothers…F’ing FIRE JM ALREADY !!!!! DAMN !!!!!

60. morivera says:

Is Mario Tremblay available to coach? I can’t recall he did anything wrong. (rolls eyes)

61. JayBee says:

Is there still a hole in the roof?

62. Habitant in Surrey says:

…out-coached and checked-into-the-ice against a Penguin’s team that have much more reason to be fatigued
    …I’m yet to count Us out this season …I’ve seen this Team bounce-back too many times the past couple years
    …BUT !, We sure have dug Ourselves one Hell of a deep hole to crawl out of

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

63. Chris Higgins says:

Even when they get pasted, the freakin’ Leafs can at least score a goal!!!

64. Captain aHab says:

Pull Price now. Can’t be any worse.

65. rogieshan says:

Just out of curiosity, how many years left on Martin’s contract?

66. Danno says:

Looks like a shutout for Fleury

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

67. morivera says:

Habs are playing like a topless woman in a men’s gay bar, No scoring at all!

68. habsolutely says:

Carey Price is a stud. F*ck all those who can’t see that.

• DEANDALLEY says:

Dude, I really like U this season …

“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing”

• twilighthours says:

The reporter’s wife couldn’t see it, and Gainey called her out.

————————————–

69. C_exacte says:

Captain Kirk to the bridge, even Shatner would do!! He could teach them the flying dropkick and how to fight Gorns.

70. danhabsfan says:

thanks Price

71. The Dude says:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

72. danhabsfan says:

On a completely different note: My profile pic disappeared, and I can’t seem to put it back. Any ideas?

73. OneTimer says:

is it just me or does the ice quality look really shitty tonight

74. roady says:

PP….this should be good……D’arche …good one Jacques…

take your drink to the end of the bar,buddy…come on now don’t be a fool…

• piper says:

followed this team faithfully since 1970 but thats it. until they hire the best GM and coach available regardless of language ive had it.
      what a bunch of pussies these guys have assembled.