And a brawl.

They may be in first place, but Boston is the Habs’ bitches

1. TripleX says:

Since “tank” had nothing to do with the original thread sir.  I feel it is you who have trouble following the lead.

But then again that is understandable, since you never lead a thread, only contribute semi witty bon mots to what others have contributed.

What do you really think about the Habs?  Of course making that known invites critical responses.  Better to sit on the sidelines.  Eh?

“I don’t like to keep kids like that out of the lineup. They need to play; that’s how they’re going to get better.” Jacques Martin

2. TripleX says:

Oh really?  You are certain this team is better without these players?

Punkster, you really do yourself a disservice wasting your valuable insights on HIO, when it would be better served in some NHL management position.

G&G made the decisions to dump these aforementioned players so it is a certainty it was correct?  Here I thought only God was infallible.

3. punkster says:

Better off without them, that’s certain.

4. punkster says:

(sigh) You can’t even follow the conversation TX.

5. avatar_58 says:

Nag is right, all you do is nag nag nag about the same thing

6. TripleX says:

Some are easy to please.

You would make a great Leafs fan.  Although I suppose when you set your sights so low it is difficult to ever be disappointed.

There are still a few Hab’s fans that do demand a bit more.

7. TripleX says:

Which team Punkster?

The Leafs after half the season have only 4 more losses than the vaunted Habs.

Yet the Leafs are a poorly run franchise and the butt of jokes by the majority of HIO posters.  And the Habs?  Oh the Habs are on the cusp of greatness by the hands of G&G.

4 more losses!

It seems the measure of greatness has taken a big tumble since the days of Bowman and Pollack.

Tanking?  G&G may do it inadvertently.  LOL

8. HabFanSince72 says:

Didn’t Gainey build the 2008 team that led the league in scoring?

I think in the cap era you build whatever team you can build.

9. TripleX says:

I take it you feel strongly that the current Habs roster is?

Do you spend a lot on lottery tickets?

10. punkster says:

Trend continues and we’re 8 fewer losses for the season.

Just sayin’.

11. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

Larock on the bench was already enough….just his presence in the lineup was enough, 2minutes / game was enough…. his role was prevention….recall the term i coined… the “Larock effect”…

now we are the least feared, puny team…and that doesn’t matter? I am baffled.

12. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

boy were we tough with MANson… Souray was another Manson…

we have so many certified blueprints of success from the past.. I am baffled how management has turned us into the smallest, least feared team in the league…. what a shame…

13. kevin m says:

He meant Manson

14. punkster says:

Yep, with those 5 in your lineup you’re Cup bound for sure.

15. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

over Dishwasher in a second…

16. habs-hampton says:

17. punkster says:

Well I guess they better tank then, right TX?

18. punkster says:

There otta be a law against TV like this.

19. itpf says:

Don’t forget #4. Bring back Kovalev NOW.

20. showey47 says:

The only partner he was willing to “dance” with was anabelle langlois.

21. punkster says:

I apologize for calling you a jack***.

1: Only wins will bring us respect. 2: There is no conspiracy. 3: White or Shultz?

22. Chorske says:

Tonight’s game will be reffed by STan Jonathan. True story.

23. Chorske says:

24. habs001 says:

good points but now we have 140 games to see that either because of our forwards or strategy we will be a very low scoring team…

25. Chorske says:

I missed you so.

I love love LOVE that you have added SPEED to your NAG thing.

And I am amazed and the fact that you can spell ULANOV but not DESHARNAIS. Or LAROCK (can you list one thing LAROCK did for us while he was here besides watch as Lucic effectively neutered Komisarek?).

26. Willy the bum says:

27. Propwash says:

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

28. Flabadagub says:

Jrunk already?

29. SeriousFan09 says:

On the road to their 2nd Consecutive appearance in the Cup Finals in the 08-09 season, the Red Wings were shut out 8-0 by Nashville and than blasted 8-2 by Columbus in less than 10 days. Nashville missed the playoffs and CLB was swept by the Red Wings in the 1st round.

Any given night in the NHL, no matter how good a team is, they can be destroyed by a non-contending squad. Leafs got lucky neither ATL goalie could handle a beach ball on that night.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

30. Shiloh says:

Ever since we won the Cup in 1993 with a defensive team, we have built teams which are not suited for firewagon hockey. I thought we were finally escaping that mode when we got Kovalev, but with Gainey and now Martin we are going to continue to put teams out there which are chiefly defensive. I wish we would go offensive.

31. Ron says:

We all have to remember that this was done to one of burkies gentleman players. I watched the game and I do think that earlier Armstrong tried to check one of the Thrasher d and extended his leg which would have been knee on knee in doing it. He missed his pray and later in the period Ben set the deed straight. I don’t like the so called sucker punch but I think Ben tried to get him to fight. Armstrong is a dirty hockey player and gets away with a lot since he went with the laffs. If this was orr or another of the stooges on the laff team would they have got as much ?

32. Exit716 says:

I miss Laraque. Especially the way he’d waddle around the ice and never bother to get involved when the situation warranted it.

33. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

Why is 3 foot Desharneir in over LARS? why wasn’t WHITE called up? why have we not traded for some size? we have lost LATS LAPS OBYRNE LAROCK, ,, all players over 200lbs and 6′ and they are replaced with DESHARNIERS…my God what is going on with this team of midgets shrimps…

and spare me your B.S. being a point out of 3rd B.S., I WANT A CONTENDER for the CUP…REMEMBER that symbol that lived in our barn… where the HELL IS SKRUDLAND/MASON/NILAN/FERGUSON…heck even ULANOV…. we need power to go along with our skill..otherwise we are THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THIS LEAGUE.

1:The N.A.G.S. (North American Grit Speed) Youth Movement will bring us respect. 2: The NHL-REF-SYNDICATE will do everything in its power to deny us the cup. 3. up WHITE/SHULTZ/PAX now.

34. kempie says:

I’m gonna say that tonight  should be a measure of this team’s testicular response quotient.

35. Danno says:

Maybe the Habs should start eating what the Leafs have for breakfast.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

36. topher5468 says:

I will follow Boones game blog but I dont want to get aggravated if i cant comment so i probably wont try to.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”