One W away

van-top_81484

Photo by Rich Lam/Getty Images

Roberto Luongo, who was brutal in Boston, is victorious in Van and rings up his fourth shutout of the playoffs.
It was an excellent Game 5.
Maxim Lapierre scored the game’s only goal. He had three SoG and four hits in 12:39 ToI.
Looooo made 31 saves.
Canucks outhit the Bruins 47-37.
Alexander Edler had 10 of those hits.
Tim Thomas’s SO streak ended at 110:42.
Vancouver has scored six goals in the finals and are leading 3-2.
And their GWGs have been scored by Raffi Torres, Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre.
Sedins the best Vancouver brother act?
Nah.
The Luongo boys.

1. cvfvghghgf says:

Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF
    COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you
    ur friends’adress by EMS,DHL,UPs
    click my link under here!

• sally122 says:

I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Andromeda2002 on–s’e'ek’c'ou’ga’r.c óm–.it is the first and best club for y’ounger women and old’er men, or older women and y’ounger men,to int’eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch’eck ‘it out or tell your friends!

2. Habinator Smith says:

I keep hearing how Boston is more Canada’s team than Vancouver, is this true??

Habinator Smith

3. Marc10 says:

Thanks Max. Just got home from a nice long break to see your goal. Do that again and finish the bastards off in their barn. I want Neely to see a Montrealer walk out of the building with it.

4. dudurules says:

GOD I HATE THOSE BOSON BRUINS & JIM HOUSTON

5. RetroMikey says:

Anybody that can’t acknowledge on this site that the Bruins are a very good hockey team should get their head checked and give credit that the Bruins are a good hockey team with skill!
    Come on people! The Bruins are playing great hockey and after last night;s game losing 1-0, they have been playing more consistent hockey than those knuckle heads in Vancouver!
    They are a very good team and coached by a damn good coach in Claude Julien!
    It;s not over, everybody thought Vancouver would dominate the series and that is not the case!
    Bruins deserve to win the Cup.
    Now Monsieur Pierre Gautier will have to work extra hard and see that firewagon hockey was a thing of the past with our club and that you need players that are big and physical to compete in today’s NHL and in the long haul in the playoffs!
    Most jump the bandwagon here when SeriousFan09 hates the Bruins, then everyone hates them!
    Not me!
    I’d like to see if Milan Lucic or a Brad Marchand represented Team Canada….would you root for them or for the Swedish Meatballs in the Sedins or Kesler or Higgins for the States in international competition?

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• naweed235 says:

I don’t see how a real Habs fan can not Puke in their mouth when the words Boston Bruins are mentionned… after all the B.S we’ve been through b/c of these Ahole this year to say that you are ok with them is beyond me

• AK_PK_Usay says:

The Sedins have more class than the whole boston team put together… if you can’t see that, you have a serious issue…

Yeah i root for Canada, at the olympics. And i would rather root for St-Louis and Stamkos than Marchand and Lucic.

Remember when Canada beat USSR by breaking the others team leg? I definitely didnt feel prowd, and NO ONE should.
      Patriotism is great, blind patriotism is idiotic.

——————————————————
      when all think alike, no one is thinking very much

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

You’re a F’ing idiot.

• issie74 says:

Compete Yes.Hooliganism No Thanks.

NorthTOHab

• Caballero says:

The Bruins are a good team, they deserve to win the cup as much as the Vancouver Canucks because both made it to the final. So ultimately deserve has nothing to do with anything because both teams deserve it up until one team wins 4 games. Then they deserve it a little more and they get the trophy. That’s how sports works Mikey.

6. Psycho29 says:

From an article over at NESN….Good thing Ference, Marchand and Horton never dive:

Lapierre played parts of six seasons with the Canadiens, and he was one of the Habs’ great agitators during their many great battles with Boston. At times, he was the poster child for their diving ways, and he’s been guilty of it during this month’s reunion with the Bruins — including the first period of Game 5 when he acted like he was shot by a cannon after a relatively trivial poke from Zdeno Chara. Following the game, Lapierre ignored a reporter who asked him how he was able to respond after he acted like he was “mortally wounded” after the incident.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Anyone ever ask the Mountain that Skates Zdeno Chara how a little cross-check from Lars Eller sundered him?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Caballero says:

Boston is a diving, dirty team like all the rest. Julien and company should remember what Confucious said: If you see someone who you deem uworthy, look within. In other words, Bruins suck!

• RetroMikey says:

Confuscious say Habs fan like you who can’t accept defeat lightly and stand on toilet…….is high on pot!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• Caballero says:

Mikey, you really don’t get it do you. I can accept that Boston eliminated us, but what I don’t accept is the way they imply that the Habs are a dirty diving team that stirs up trouble after the whistle etc….Boston is all about that as you can see. That’s why their coach’s comments about our team remind me of the way a woman will start slamming another who shows up at a party wearing the same dress.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Haha, that’s gotta be burning up a few people in Beantown with Lapierre scoring the GWG. Works for me, if he scores the Cup Winner, we’re practically guaranteed spotaneous human combustion with Mike Milbury AND Ray Ferraro.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

8. WindsorHab-10 says:

Bruins, dirty & classless no doubt. Referees need to wake up & start calling Boston’s crosschecks, hooks & spears. Only way they can win a friggin game.
    Tim Thomas on Luongo: “We didn’t make him work hard enough for the win”. Bruins have a tough time giving their opponents credit but are definitely full of excuses and other stuff.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

9. punkster says:

Just got home from a stag. We didn’t catch the game but got an email on the winning goal. Excellent!

Who’s Paul?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

10. CHsam says:

Canucks…. For the love of the Rocket, please win the Cup! Please put an end to these flea-like Bruins trolls coming to this blog. They’re not so much a pestilence as they really are dog feces

11. daytona hab says:

Let’s not downplay the significance of Max’s goal. Most guys in the NHL will never get one that important. If Vancouver loses
    game 6 that goal got them into the 7th game of the Stanley
    Cup and if they win it in 6 he got them there. I’m happy for him. He’s shown good moves. He should score more. He will get better. And oh by the way when are the Habs going to game 7 of the Stanley Cup? Ans: 2012

12. Vid says:

you know what this means…Higgins for the cup winning goal.

13. kakey says:

I guess the CBC will be less likely to mis-call him Maxim Laperrière now.

14. arrow says:

It takes an ex-Hab to beat Thomas!

PK

15. Habitoban says:

I never liked Laps chirping but there was no question that he had good hockey attributes. So what is it about our coaching staff that would make him want to leave? Why are we dreaming about the potential of AHL players or Europeans who don’t shave yet, when we have proven players with size and energy.

The same inability to manage players will likely drive the potential of a Pouliot to flourish elsewhere.

I”m not sure that our staff are able to manage individuals. There is a mold — there is the system — if you can”t fit it then you are gone.

• habstrinifan says:

Well said and a dilemna that may skewer the habs future for next decade.

• solomio says:

Aww… will you guys give it up already? Mouring the loss of yappy? yappy was crappy and still is. Every dog has their day.He scored a goal. Like wow. Somebody has got to.How easily you forget how useless and embarraasing he was / is. And you’re mouring Higgy too?I think you’re just looking for excuses to have a beer…… to cry in.

• habstrinifan says:

I am NOT mourning Higgins. I f you read my posts carefully you would see I am scoffing at those who touted Higgins play above Max.

• LA Loyalist says:

Well none of our dogs have scored a finals goal in 18 years, so give the guy some credit. It was a lovely goal, he was patient and showed soft hands.

Scott Gomez hasn’t scored that goal in his life :-)

• Duracell3 says:

While I don’t think he is overall that great, I do wonder how much of his talking after breaks is emotion, and how much is strategy. Some nights he seems very much in the opposite team’s heads to great effect. Game 5 from what I saw he seemed to be very busy with it but kept himself distanced and focused on the play and after was just an extension of his job rather than it being reactionary.

• Malreg says:

Because Pouliot really flourished with Minnesota?

Laps can be a very solid hockey player, when he wants to be, but let’s face it, he’s a 3rd/4th line center. He was averaging over 10 mintues a game here, was never made a healthy scratch, was loved by most of the fan base, yet he demanded a trade because he wanted more playing time? I seem to recall him being given more than one chance on the 1st or 2nd line as a winger as well.

No thanks, good riddance. Don’t need that attitude.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I was sorry to see Lapierre go, even with the constant chirping and diving. I was encouraged at the start of the year when he said he’d been spending a lot of time in the gym so as to back up his trash-talking, but it didn’t have a great effect on his deportment, it was the same story this season. Eventually, there had to be a parting of the ways, that PG only got a fifth-rounder tells you how poor a hand he was dealt, he was over a barrel and the Ducks obliged. If Lappy wasn’t under such a microscope as a local-hero-to-be, and there wasn’t such a spotlight on the Canadiens, they might have been able to sit on him for a season or two and wait for him to turn around.

Some guys thrive under the pressure and welcome it, like Cammalleri and Gill. Others take time (AK46) before they bloom (Carey).

Which brings us to Pouliot. Benoit had all the chances in the world, had loads of time on the top line that he didn’t deserve considering his lack of production. Martin showed lots of patience, waiting for the potential to become ‘actual’, so to speak. He has size and great hands, and a bit of a mean streak which can come out at the right time, kind of like Mahovlich or Bobby Smith. Now comes a time when we have to wonder if he’s never going to live up to his draft status and tools. If PG decides that he can’t keep him on the roster, stalling the development of younger, more eager players in the system, I won’t fault him.

Another poster commented on how it’s hard for us to judge the situation from the comfort of our couch. It may be that Benoit is kind of getting sidelong glances from his teammates in the dressing room, and that removing him will improve team morale.

Ultimately, if a player is producing and delivering, he doesn’t get traded away for a 5th rounder. Management has to assess the current situation, make an educated guess about the future, act, then keep moving forward.

———————————
      “I hate the Bruins more than the Nordiques, who I hate more than the Flyers.”

• The Cat says:

Well said. I dont get how theyve completely turned their backs on players who DELIVERED in the playoffs (Lapierre, Moore and Halak). It makes zero sense to me.

• HabFanSince72 says:

You have identified Jacques Martin’s biggest flaw. He is a very good coach, but he has a real problem with young players who are slight misfits, lack confidence, or are having temporary problems with their game.

He’d much rather have players like Tom Pyatt, who do what they’re told, than mavericks like Sergei or Lapierre.

That being said, Lapierre’s on-ice behavior is less than what I expect of someone wearing the noble C-H.

• issie74 says:

Chirping is not a bad thing if you can back it up but when you can’t and have a brawl break out,your team has a right to be upset.
      Max is not a fighter.It takes a lot of energy to keep him focused while still playing with an edge.

Good job by Vigneault

NorthTOHab

16. Habitoban says:

I”m not sure that our

staff are able to manage individuals, There is a mold — there is the system — if you can”t fit it then you are gone.

17. Habfan4lfe says:

How nice that someone who we got literally nothing for scores the winner eh. Good job Jacques! Way to go Gauthier! You both are doing an impeccable job.

18. ProHabs says:

Atta boy Max. And anyone who thinks the Habs should get Higgins back is crazy. He still can’t score to save his live. He Tom Pyatt reincarnated.

Way to go Vancouver. I hate the Bruins so much. The only team I hated more that this years Bruins was the Habs Centennial team.

• habstrinifan says:

I agree but there were few posters already makingline combinations featuring Higgins. And they all but ignored Max. If we were to have one of them back, I want it to be Max.

19. RiverviewCanadien says:

So a former Hab scores an ever so important goal…I have seen this before, from the same player.

You look at the talent on TV. As a fan, we have no idea what these players are like with their team mates. And will never know.

Decisions are made from smart hockey people. Sorry if you don’t agree that Bob Gainey knows more about hockey than any windbag here posting opinions and criticisms.

Hats off to the Habs cast-offs. Good players.

• Brinkley says:

Gainey did not trade Lappy – PG did!

As far as teammates are concerned, right now I think it’s safe to assume that Lappy is appreciated by his (teammates)…could be wrong though!

Gainey did trade FOR Gomez…enough said!

Is there any truth to the rumour that NY Rangers are now going to buy-out Chris Drury’s contract because they tried to trade Drury to the HABS but discovered that Gainey has retired?

20. Everlasting1 says:

Way to go Laps. My bad for questioning Loo’s ability to bounce back at home. One more to seal it.

——————————————————————-
    ” That the Sons of God saw the daughters of man, that they were fair and took them wives all of which they chose.” – Genesis 6:2

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Duracell3 says:

Interesting to see Lou, next game will be as well. I am happy that if game 7 is required it will be played on ice instead of slush.

• Everlasting1 says:

Not to put it all on Lou..even if he was stellar in Boston, it would still have been lost causes.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

21. HabFanSince72 says:

HA HA. Don Cherry is so sad.

22. Keith says:

MacLame is soooo…LAME!

How surreal to watch Lapierre get the game’s 3rd star.

Habs get a 5th round pick in 2012.

Ducks get a 3rd round pick in 2012.

Canucks get a 4th line turned 3rd line centre who scores the only goal in game 5 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.

• JayBee says:

Are you saying that the Habs got fleeced on another deal? Shocking!

• Brinkley says:

Yeah, Pierre Gauthier – has somewhat less than a stellar track record as a NHL GM!

And here he is….. GM in Montreal, no less.

• JayBee says:

I’ve said several times…I have no faith in Gauthier. He’s done nothing his entire GM career, and yet he’s heading up one of the most storied franchises in all of sports.

• OneTimer says:

You guys are waaay too harsh on PG. He’s doing a great job of getting things done this off-season. When we succumbed to injury after injury last season, he patched things up enough for us to finish 6th in the East (with major injuries Markov, Gorges and Pacioretty) and take the SCF finalist Bruins to Game 7 in overtime (with major injuries to Markov, Gorges and Pacioretty).

I know, I know, PG didn’t get Corey Perry + a 1st round pick for Lapierre. He isn’t fit to “head up one of the most storied franchises in all of sports”.

Oh and on Lappy, ya he’s the hero tonight, and he had a great game no doubt. But before tonight, he had 3P in 22 playoff games. That’s the same ol’ Lappy we always knew: bursts of brilliance once in a while, but lots of suckitude in between.

I mean, at least PG should have gotten Cam Fowler for Lapierre right??!

• habstrinifan says:

I think he is doing ok so far this summer. But he has to fill the holes that the team has had for ages. Just my opinion but PG is doing better so far this year than last year. Still I wish he hadnt traded Max Lap.. but then again I put that on JM.

24. habstrinifan says:

You see if Lappierre had done some of the antics he did here in Montreal this is what would have happened.

Gomez would have skated by and shown him up.

Gill would have thrown a towel at him.

Martin would have said “Well MAX is a young man and we need to teach him how to be a professional”.

And Max would have to fend of the Bruins media and players and TSN/CBC all by himself.

Here’s what I think Alain Vigneault did before tonight’s game.

First not one peep showing anything but TOTAL support for Max. Like he did for Luongo yesterday.
    Then he sat him down.. privately and said OK Max let’s get back to hockey eh! Your teammates are behind you. And follow it with a pat on the back.

And Max goes out and plays one of his career’s best game.

Oh yeah when last my fellow HIO posters have you seen Gomez impact a game like that. But of course Gomez and JM and all the other insufferable ‘turn the other cheek’ a-holes are honourable men and know how to be good professionals.

25. LL says:

Happy for Yappy – who gives a F about Floppy. haha

26. DearyLeary says:

Thank you, Van City. Please, just one more. Preferably on Monday night.

27. HabFanSince72 says:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

HabFanSince72 June 10, 2011 3:47 pm at 3:47 pm

“Anyone still think we got fleeced when we let Lappy go? His behaviour has been somewhat less than dignified in the playoffs, and he has all of one goal and 2 assists in 22 games.”

Phew! FU, Bruins.

29. habstrinifan says:

Habs karma is alive and kicking!

30. Sharks9 says:

Great game! If the Canucks PP can click in Game 6, they’ll win the cup.

25 before 14

31. Keith says:

YES!!! Eat it gooins!!!

32. Keith says:

Great game!

33. _Habsoloutly_ says:

WoW. Lappy is havin himself a good game.

34. NLhabsfan says: