Liveblog: Playoff Game 4 – Pacioretty propels Canadiens to Round 2

GoalCelebrate

More hockey in Montreal

REALLY good time for the first playoff goal of Max Pacioretty's career.

Specifically, 19:17 of the third period in a 3-3 game.

Bring out the broom.

The Canadiens swept Tampa Bay out of the first round of the playoffs, but it wasn't easy.

After skating off to a 2-0 lead on goals by Daniel Brière and Lars Eller, the Canadiens surrendered a second-period fluke by Ondrej Palat before Brendan Gallagher restored the two-goal lead.

Then in a shade over two minutes during the third period, the resurgent visitors gtied it up, on goals by Vitcor Hedman and Tytler Johnson, and seized momentum.

The game looked destined for OT until Cedric Paquette tripped Michäel Bournival in the Canadiens zone with two minutes left.

Max pacioretty, quiet through the series to that point, beat Kristers Gudlevskis to win the game ... and the series.

Max! Finally!!

Credit Tampa Bay.

Down 3-1, the Lightning fought their way back into the game on goals by Victow Hedman and Tyler Johnson.

Not a dry seat in the house at the Bell Centre.

Then Cederic Paquette took a terrible offensive zone penalty with a shade over two minutes left.

And off passes by P.K. Subban and Thomas Vanek, Max Pacioretty squeezed the puck past Kristers Gudlevskis to win the game.

Rally snuffed

Ondrej Palat scored a shorthanded goal off a dog's breakfast scramble in Carey Price's crease, and it could have sparked a Tampa Bay comeback.

It didn't.

After scoring, the Lightning went more than 10 minutes without getting another SoG.

And Brendan Gallagher converte a sweet Tomas Plekanec pass to end Anders Lindback's night in the TB net.

Kristers Gudlevskis came on and made some nice stops at the Canadiens held a 14-7 shot advantage, 29-13 on the game.

A perfect period?

Pretty darn close.

The Canadiens outshot Tampa Bay 15-6, dominated in all three zones and got goals from Daniel Brière and Lars Eller.

Is 2-0 the most dangerous lead?

We'll see.

It beats 0-2 when you're 0-3.

Broom at the ready

It's been 21 years since your Montreal Canadiens held a 3-0 lead in a playoff series.

On May 8, 1993 in Buffalo, the Canadiens edged the Sabres 4-3 – that was the final score of each game in the series – to sweep and move on to the Eastern Conference final.

Will Tampa Bay be swept out of the 2014 postseason?

It won't be easy.

The Lightning played their best game of the series Sunday night. And their disallowed goal will be the subject of sports bar debates for years to come.

Nor will it be easy, however, for the visitors to stay alive in the frenzied postseason atmosphere of the Bell Centre.

The Canadiens are playing superb hockey. Coach Michel Therrien is getting smart, disciplined play from four forward lines, P.K. Subban is turning into a postseason beast and Carey Price is ... Carey Price.

On the other hand, we have the Chris Lee factor.

The Canadiens have lost the last five games in which they've drawn Lee as a ref. Since 2011, they are 3-12 in with this particular zebra.

•  •  •

• Wasn't that Mikael Granlund goal a beauty?

• When is the NHL going to give Matt Cooke the lifetime ban he so richly deserves?

1,695 Comments

1. The Jackal says:

Well, I’m going to skip the first period in keeping with what I did for game 3.
    Hope we can wrap this up tonight and stay healthy.
    GO HABS GO!!!

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

2. monmick says:

Game on, mes ami(e)s…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

3. MICP says:

Thanks Boone.
    I’m paranoid enough that bishop will come in and win the series and then you make the comment re the pens.
    Please end this tonight habs

4. RetroMikey says:

At the game tonight with clients taking my wife and I here in Montreal on business.
    No matter how negative I am on this site, Montreal has the best vocal fans in the NHL!
    The atmosphere is amazing here in the Bell Centre!
    Wow!!!
    Let’s sweep!

5. Storman says:

When playing Tampa bay in the playoffs where the score in the series is 3-0, the Habs are 0 and 1.. time to repay them and even up another useless stat.

6. MICP says:

Rene Bourque=Mr. April

7. UKRAINIANhab says:

I want to see Bork have a fight.

8. Da Hema says:

Does anyone know the name of the linebacker-sized anthem-singer who did the Habs games in the 1980s and early 1990s? He had a great voice I thought.

9. piter says:

I’m not liking our record when Lee refs. I knew we had a bad record with him refereeing, but I didn’t know it was that bad. The Bolts must be thrilled he’s in tonight.

10. boing007 says:

Lee should be stripped of his stripes. At center ice, before the game starts. Sort of like a military court martial.

Richard R

11. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I just watched the knee on knee of Matt Cooke on Tyson Barrie

…I tell You, even if I was Cooke’s team-mate, I would take him in the shower and break his neck

…this guy is psychotic

…so would I be if I did such a thing, but …enough is enough

12. UKRAINIANhab says:

Subban snipe tonight

13. Prop says:

GO HABS GO!

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

14. Storman says:

I like when they let the crowd sing the anthem.

15. Habilis says:

Gudas out tonight. Big loss for them. Must take advantage.
    Go Habs Go

16. Danno says:

LOL!

Barberio said “Go Habs Go!”

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

17. habsfan0 says:

So,if Habs win tonight with Ginette Reno singing,does that mean she gets the gig permanently?
    What happened to the Habs regular anthem singer?

18. Habcouver says:

Does Reno have a number on her jersey?

19. Storman says:

Wakey Wakey Boone

20. UKRAINIANhab says:

Sorry guys Habs win in Tampa

Bolts 4
    Habs 1

Series Habs 4 Bolts 1

21. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Win it for Matty!!! #GHG

22. topher5468 says:

Hey Boone, your man Arpon Basu interviewing Gallagher on NHL live, Gallagher is a good kid, nice job by Basu

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

23. boing007 says:

Great photo. Hope it turns out just like that.

Richard R

24. mark-ID says:

I’m still optimistic tonight, even though Chris Lee is reffing.

I think it helps a lot with the game being played in MTL. It is also a lot harder to call a bunch of BS penalties in the playoffs then it is in the regular season. With the games as important as they are…..MT and the coaching staff won’t let him get away with much. Their might be one or two chincy calls, but I don’t see there being 9 minors like the last time he reffed these two teams.

If it was in Tampa, I would be much more concerned.

25. dhenry1234 says:

WATCH ABOVE VIDEO

It’s time to show the world who the kings of the Jungle are!
    Patches gets 2 tonight and the Habs stomp the Bolts Triumphantly to come out with a 4-0 series sweep with a score of 4-0!!!

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

26. Fansincebirth says:

Are the reports of Tiny playing tonight true?

27. UKRAINIANhab says:

Chris F Lee

28. Ozmodiar says:

Just saw Tinner heading out on the ice for warm-up.

Anyone hear anything? Maybe it’s just for warm-up.

• mark-ID says:

Tin man also dressed and warmed up last game if I’m not mistaken. Pretty sure they showed him in full gear.

29. DipsyDoodler says:

OK I redid the stats including this season.

With Lee: 3-12
    Without: 103-94

Chi Squared = 5.8

P value = 0.015

Even more significant.

We’ve got him.

Boone – please get your paid intern to get me the data on penalties.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• mark-ID says:

yea, that is such a dramatic difference. Unbelievable. Someone send this crap to the NHL. Molson…..get this guy fired for f sakes.

30. Danno says:

We need the Mother-of-all BRJ© for tonight

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

31. habcertain says:

3-12 with Lee as the ref is a disturbing stat. I predict a +3 shorthanded situations in the 1st period.

32. Looking for a goal from 1st line tonight. Pacioretty, Desharnais or Vanek would set the stage for a sweep. Briere with the game winner and tell Chris Lee to have a nice day.

Go Habs Go!!

33. Strummer says:

Lots of attention on Toronto sports radio- Lois Jean was on yesterday, Renaud Lavoie and Marc Denis on today.
    I thought no-one cared.

____________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion- I could be wrong”

34. habsfan999 says:

Agreeing here about Cooke. Rather I think the league in general is a joke when it comes to protecting players, or pardoning criminals. Maybe criminals is a strong word, but you can do things in hockey that get five minutes that would get you five years in the real world.

Like the Seabrook hit on Backes. Clear intent to injure in my opinioin.

Intent to injure should come with an automatic 50, yes 50 game suspension.

• JUST ME says:

One must not forget also about the NHLPA and the general managers who are powerful lobbies that are influencial towards the main direction the league takes.

I find that the lack of respect between the players is even more outrageous.

35. Danno says:

Chris Lee?

Doomed.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

36. piper says:

Hope someone takes out chris lee early in the game so we still have a chance. An errant clearing attempt maybe. There is no way he doesnt have it out for the Habs.

• boing007 says:

Put Lee in the quiet room before the game starts and lock the door.

Knuckles Nilan just said that he would like to mug Lee, roll him up in a rug and carry him out of the building.

Richard R

37. Storman says:

My girl just said too much hockey
    Too much hockey? What’s that mean?
    It’s like too much money, there’s no such thing
    It’s like my girl bringing me too many beer or too many wings,, I sure hope she is up to the task
    while Wearing her skimpy Habs Bikini wiggling her cute little as..
    Its like The Habs being too lucky, or scoring too fast
    No matter what she says I do or I have done
    Watching too much hockey and the Habs sweep the bolts will be so much fun

38. JF says:

Habs will have to be disciplined. We know we’ll be getting a bunch of marginal calls, so we can’t afford too many real ones. The Bolts have scored twice on six chances in the series.

39. Habitoba says:

I actually had a dream of Michel Therrien last night. He and I, along with a cousin of mine were walking with our gear to a pickup game and he went on to play like a beast. Don’t remember much else from the dream. I also don’t know why I’m sharing this useless tidbit but here’s hoping the Habs sweep it like some sort of kick ass janitor!

40. Danno says:

Fantasia on ice…

Who will be at their most magical tonight?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

41. gumper says:

I’m thinking the Vanek line will break through tonight. May be needed with the double hex of Chris Lee, and perhaps a lingering feeling on the part of the boys in stripes that the Bolts inadvertently got skeerood last outing. Boys will have to be better tonight than they have been so far if they hope to sweep.

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    Mark Twain

42. Da Hema says:

I am not a conspiracy guy at all — I think most of the bad officiating in the NHL is the result of mediocre to incompetent officials — but one would assume the NHL might think it prudent to scrutinize what is going on when a good team like the Canadiens has a 3-12 record with one particular person officiating.

43. Fansincebirth says:

2 – 0 Habs end of 1st3 – 1 Habs end of 2nd
    5 – 2 Habs end of 3rd and Tampa Bay!

44. JUST ME says:

So far this season the Habs met all the challenges however big they were.

So I hate Chris Lee as a ref. The worst of all. Bring him on.
    Habs have nor swept a playoff round in 21 years. Let`s refresh the record book.
    Max pax has not scored in any playoffs game he took part in. Tonight is the night.

A win tonight means a couple more days at home ,lots of practice time and plenty of time to heal whatever injury bugs them.

Should not be difficult to get motivated .Habs will play their own game and dictate how it ends.

Go Habs Go !

45. GoldenSeal says:

Let’s hope the boys bring it from the opening face-off. If they start playing rope a dope hockey they’ll give the game to Tampa and tell every other team in the playoffs that they really do not have killer instinct. I do not mind if they lose the game so much as they show up tonight and make it a real game.

• JUST ME says:

What`s with the negative scenario ? One loss and they are doomed and will not be able to face anyone further on?

Tampa only knows the end to end sniper type of hockey and at this game the Habs are better and can add finesse,skills and conststency.

Habs only has to cover their number one line. Tampa has 4 lines to be worried about.

Shall we compare goalies ? I didn`t think so either…

• GoldenSeal says:

Habs are the better team. No doubt about it. What I am saying though is this game will be a good indicator of how far this team will go in the playoffs. If they continue playing with the same intensity and purpose as the first three games the Habs are likely to go deep into the playoffs. If they take their foot off the gas pedal, I’d expect that they will go out in the next round where the competition is likely to be much more stiff. I want to see the Habs show everyone clearly that they mean to end this tonight. How they play tonight will show us how good the leadership on this team really is.

46. The Jackal says:

Help me HIO.
    Last game, I didn’t watch the first period, then watched the rest of the game.
    Should I do the same tonight?

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

47. DipsyDoodler says:

So, while we are on the topic of statistical improbabilities, what is the likelihood that almost all the commentariat members who do nothing but criticize the team (you know who they are), all HAPPEN to be without Internet access this week?

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• Prop says:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were all Rogers internet subscribers…

____________________
      DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• DipsyDoodler says:

Take, for example, Steeltownhab. his last post here was:

“Prust will be game-time decision for Habs in Tampa (with practice video) (2014-04-15 14:46:58)
        Prust on the second line..like why? If you want a shutdown line okay, maybe you ice him with Plekanec and Gionta. But if you’re using Gallagher and Plekanec expecting offense than adding a 4th, maybe 3rd liner to the equation that has shown doesn’t transition up the ice offensively well, what is the rationale? Also don’t understand how Bourque earns a third line spot over Briere or Bournival, both are way better. Do we not want White in the lineup? – ”

As soon as we start winning he’s gone. Not even a hey glad we won, I was wrong!

—–
        Moving. Forward.

• JUST ME says:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were all Rogers internet subscribers…in Calgary.

• twilighthours says:

I redid your experiment, below.

Also, how long did you have to look for Steeltown Hab’s last post? That dude hasn’t spent much time on this joint since it became clear that DD wasn’t The Worst Player Ever to Play for the Montreal Canadiens.

48. Cal says:

Book of Hab
    Chapter 14
    p.4

And lo, the Prince of Darkness was made arbiter
    And the Faithful did howl in their misery and unease.
    Yet the rain did not abate for the hockey gods were with them
    And the Blessed Ones rode the inundation deep within enemy territory.
    There they met with Thunder and Lightning and the Faithful roared with One Voice.

So sayeth the Book of Hab

49. Rudy says:

What about the icing calls against Ottawa last year. Karlsson was even laughing that he got away with the last one

50. GoldenSeal says:

All joking aside, the stats do bear out the fact that Chris Lee has a bias against the Habs. I’d like to see Emelin knee this turkey to the head and save the whole league whole lot of grief.

51. JF says:

One of the worst-officiated playoffs games I’ve seen in recent years was our Game four against the Penguins four years ago. The refs (one of them was Stephen Walkom, I forget the other) let four or five blatant fouls by the Penguins go, while making absolutely marginal, not to say fictional, calls on us. One of the most egregious non-calls came halfway through the first period, when a Penguin hauled down Andrei Kostitsyn at the Penguins’ blueline. Even Don Cherry and Ron Maclean were indignant.

That night we beat the Penguins and the refs. We’ll have to do the same tonight.

52. Habitant in Surrey says:

…if We can handle the pressure, and have what it takes to finish-off 4-straight a very young but well-coached, fast and skilled team like Tampa Bay, it should mean We are one of the serious pretenders to go all the way

…it would have been more convincing doing same with a Bishop in Tampa’s nets, but …still very impressive

…like I’ve said many times, I prefer meeting da Beans rather than the Wings

…winning the 25th Cup whilst going through the da Beans on the way, would be something that would make Our Team legendary for years to come :)

…anyhow, better not get ahead of myself, tonight we’ll either come back down to Earth, or We win and Our egos will go cosmic :)

…Matty ? …You carry a HEAVY burden tonight, My Friend :)

• Habitoba says:

The Beans give me gas though I won’t get into details about what hot Wings can do to me… I may actually be with you on that one. We have their number this year.

53. 24AW says:

keep Putting the puck in the net that’s the way to solve Chris lee.

54. Storman says:

Pierre Mcguire the complete donkey just said Emelin’s knee was the result of emotions running high in playoffs, players losing it a bit in situations, and he thought Emelin’s knee was an example of that, his actual words was the play was reckless on Emelin’s part,, what a complete …., and Melnyk who did not agree let the statement go could have had a chance to push the debate for some good radio,, and less kiss a..ss stuff, but no he let it go,,

55. Captain aHab says:

Take us to the promised land Ginette!!

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

56. Danny Briere just slammed the media. “We’re aware all season, we know what’s going on, just like those who predicted we’d not make the playoffs, we use that for motivation.”

EXCITED!

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    A Little fun during the Intermission
    Milan Lucic Has a Severe Problem

57. DipsyDoodler says:

So, since 2011.

With Chris Lee: 3-12

With no Chris Lee: 57-58

Any stats geeks should do a quick test on the statistical probability of this, and forward it to the league.

(I could but I’m busy)

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• DipsyDoodler says:

OK scratch that I just did it.

The probability of getting this result by chance is p = 0.03.

In other words, a typical scientific journal would accept the conclusion that Chris Lee is disadvantageous to the Habs.

Now if we had the data on penalties. Someone?
      —–
      Moving. Forward.

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Wow. That’s… highly improbable. Looks like the Habs won’t have to beat just the Lightning tonight.

X X X 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• ffenliv says:

I think we also have to allow for other factors, like strength of opposition, and who else was officiating. I’d also like to see numbers for how the habs fare with all current refs who have done x number of games.

It looks bad, but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t another ref or two out there with whom we fare almost as badly, but no one really notices.

• twilighthours says:

I used a binomial experiment (probability of success – winning – being 57/115) and got a 1.5% chance.

• Haberoooo13 says:

The best from last game were the the ROC fans talking about the ref being French-Canadian so a natural bias towards the Habs…so then how many would have a natural bias towards the Leafs??

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

• mark-ID says:

Sorry Dipsy what do your records here represent? 57-58…..what is that? Not the Habs record…..?

• DipsyDoodler says:

Yes. Since 2011 we are 3-12 with Lee and 57-58 without him. I include OT losses as losses.

Remember this includes the last place season.

—–
        Moving. Forward.

• athanor says:

But that’s only 130 games. There have been 82+48+82 (212) games in those three (2.5) seasons.

• mark-ID says:

I was going to say…..don’t we have a winning record, considering this year and half a season last? Anyways….the stat still speaks for itself. We aren’t just being paranoid when we say Chris Lee hates the Habs!

58. BigB says:

Go Habs….let’s do it.
    But if the sweep doesn’t happen, we as the fans promise not to get upset…we promise to remain positive <3

Habs forever!

59. Luke says:

Have agreat night folks!

Enopy the game!
    (You can do it Matty!!!!!!)

60. bwoar says:

That Mikael Granlund goal was a beauty.

61. Prop says:

Fun fact: Chris Lee called 9 penalties against the Habs the last time he reffed a game between the Habs and Tampa Bay.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

62. Here’s the link to the NHL refs website. Let’s send them complaints about Chris Lee before the game so that we can all seem prescient when the game slips from the Habs grasp with a bunch of random and phantom calls.

I already sent a question comment to them. If we get enough people to crash their email, maybe they’ll pay attention!

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

63. bwoar says:

Liveblog, now that’s what i’m talkin’ about. Go Habs Go!

64. johnnylarue says:

Boone’s Photoshopping skills still disturbingly effective… like the obsessive magazine clippings usually found lining the walls of serial killer’s lair on TV.

65. HabFab says:

So Matty is going to the game, being refereed by Chris F Lee and against a desperate Tampa team. Trying to be positive and and… wonder what is on TV tonight? Got a couple of movies I hadn’t watched yet.

66. scrotchland says:

well well, up 3-0, it’s a sure fire done deal for us hab fans!
    but one loss tonight and its a new series. dont count out the lightening yet my friends.
    that idiot therian will find a way to screw up, just like my pal jlgib90210 says.
    like the great martin luger king once said, “dont look back, someone might go gainey on you”.

67. Phil C says:

Just watched the Cooke video linked above. Cooke had his knee out way early, it’s not like he stuck it out at the last second. Obvious attempt to injure.

68. laRacaille says:

@The Jackal from last page…

c’monnnnn! lol The most profitable team in this league is an absolute joke! it’s been nearly FIVE decades since theyve won!

Look at other sports, baseball for instance… less than half the teams have any chance of making the post-season, EVER. and it’s not an ebbing and flowing thing… same teams suck every year.

Winning is only the goal if it is necessary to make $$$. Sometimes it’s not. Sometimes, you just have to win ‘enough’. Habs can do that with a bilingual coach any given year.

• The Jackal says:

Eh, that’s too cynical a view for me!
      Money is obviously a big factor but you don’t get any of that without fans, and fans want to win.

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

69. Alex says:

Chris Lee, we meet again. If we win with him calling the game, there can’t be any reason for other teams fans complaining about referee bias.

70. Donkey Hoat says:

Chris Lee should be kept far away from anything that uses the words “playoff” or “hockey”.

71. Boone… When is Chris Lee going to get the NHL ban permanently? It’s bad enough the zebras blow calls, make random make-up calls, etc… on a nightly basis, but this guy is a total puke!

I hope some fans bring some rubber ducks to throw at him when he makes the phantom calls he is so good at.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

72. Say Ash says:

Non, rien de rien
    Non, je ne regrette rien
    Car ma vie, car mes joies
    Aujourd’hui, ça commence avec toi

Git’r'done!

73. shiram says:

Oh man, the photoshop is strong with this one!
    it’s magical!

74. Am I first?

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

75. Luke says:

Let’s go Habs!

You can do this! Close it out!

In fact, I’ll even extend my positive vibes. I think the Habs will hang in there all night. They’ll keep it close, and once Matty gets kicked out of the arena, they’ll finish the Lightning off!

76. Captain aHab says:

You’ll hear about that goal until we win the Cup and beyond….better get used to it.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

77. Haberoooo13 says:

And the whistle on Bourque’s 2nd goal…TB barely touched puck, definitely nowhere near control

Hab Haters and logic don’t mix

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

78. D Mex says:

No … I … please, no (gasping / sweaty palms) … Noooo !!! :oops:

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

79. Fansincebirth says:

Wow….you got that out of your system :)

80. Danno says:

Oooh! Ahhh!

Habs on the warpath!!!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

81. habsfan0 says:

How many series sweeps do the Laffs have?

82. D Mex says:

Forget Lee : try to enjoy / Habs came to play – again !

83. duffy says:

Does MF stand for Montreal Friendly ?

84. danhabsfan says:

Canonizing shot

85. slapshot777 says:

The CBC crew as a love in with Tampa. I think they are hoping for the Habs to get eliminated.

86. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

That cracks me up

87. Danno says:

Ooooh! Ahhhhh!

Habs on the warpath!!!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

88. athanor says:

But only once on the knee

89. db says:

He picks fights, doesn’t fight them…

90. ont fan says:

I’ m surprised too.

91. justwow says:

Because he’ll never fight. He hides behind his teammates. Completely despicable rat.

92. AH says:

Because the big ape is always there to save his arse.

93. hablifting says:

If you say so ;)

94. AH says:

The nhl is a joke goon league, 2 mins for tripping 0 for punching a guy in the face, pathetic.

95. D Mex says:

WTF – I’m in – lol !

96. danhabsfan says:

We doing play that kind of game, score, that will hurt more

97. UKRAINIANhab says:

Hello leaf fan :)

98. twilighthours says:

Let’s go sens!

99. slapshot777 says:

Beautiful wasn’t it. Don’t you just love it. Lol

100. UKRAINIANhab says:

Grrrr….

101. UKRAINIANhab says:

Too bad they have no chance :)

102. danhabsfan says:

I agree

103. danhabsfan says:

With an “errant” shot

104. D Mex says:

Aw WTF I’m in !

105. on2ndthought says:

yea

“a cannonading drive”

106. UKRAINIANhab says:

Its great

107. Marc10 says:

Damn straight. But they’ve been running the Pavel-Hendrik show for a couple of years now. They’re getting on and they didn’t replace them with Parise or another high priced UFA. So it’s going to be all on the kids like Nyquist, Tatar and Jurco. Could work… But it’s a big ask.

108. LeGrosBill says:

With short memories

109. LeGrosBill says:

No we do not. We are up by two with 20 mins to play against a team that has only taken 13 shots in 40 mins

110. dr. schmutzdeker says:

We can dream

111. LeGrosBill says:

They’ll need to take more than 13 shots…

112. db says:

__________ < — you crossed that. ;)

113. Danno says:

whoa…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

114. danhabsfan says:

Too far

115. Mondou6 says:

Cooper should be fired for not playing Gudlevskis after Game 1.

116. dr. schmutzdeker says:

no…cbc will do it for him

117. Et le but says:

Get lost sore loser!

118. Routs says:

Nah, you don’t need Emerg to change your dirty shorts…

119. UKRAINIANhab says:

Stamkos is a toddler comrade. So is Callahan and the whole Lightning team.

120. Ktowner says:

In fairness, I think Stamkos was playing hurt. He was not as quick as he was before the broken leg and the collision with Emelin knocked him for a loop.

121. The Jackal says:

What did he do? I did not watch the game (you’re welcome btw lol)

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

122. Psycho29 says:

Too bad so sad…..The better “team” won

123. UKRAINIANhab says:

No worries Man! Ghg

124. CH Marshall says:

ever heard of the Boone reverse jinx?

125. habsfan0 says:

Not if the Habs play Detroit which I predict they will.

126. slapshot777 says:

Not if the Wings beat the Bruins.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

127. Chrisadiens says:

You sure about that? I thought the Wings would win when the series started but they have only managed to score 2 goals in 3 games. I think they’re done.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

128. habsfan0 says:

Rask will fold.

129. Clay says:

I don’t know about that. As hard as it is to think, he just may be the best goalie in hockey right now. Here’s hoping though.

__________________________
    ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

130. habs_54321 says:

cant disagree with anything you said, was very unimpressed with stamkos i’ve never been a huge fan of his yes he’s humble and has a good one timer and has good stats and i’d take him on my team but i just find something is missing in his game, like a killer instinct or something can’t put my finger on it

131. Adidess says:

I want to congratulate you tonight on a great post. I don’t have to agree with it, but at least you are reasonable. You write well, so I prefer not being able to predict what you’re going to talk about (i.e. conspiracy, referees). Good post!

Go Team CHanada!

132. Storman says:

Weak on Gorges and Emelin’s part maybe,, I still cant believe Gorges thinking on diving into the crease like that

133. AceMagnum says:

Yes, that’s how I wanted to celebrate….ogling a half naked Freddie Mercury.

—————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

134. Clay says:

He is just coming back from a very serious jury though. Takes time to be the player he was.

__________________________

135. AceMagnum says:

I’m not afraid of losing to Boston, I think we can beat them….but they are dirty and will target our guys. I know we have good depth but I don’t wanna see Pacioretty or Emelin taken off on a stretcher while Lucic and Thornton laugh on their bench. I will explode

—————————-