Liveblog: Game 73 – Budaj brilliant, Galchenyuk’s Shootout goal beats Bruins

MarkovKrejci

Heroic

Your Montreal Canadiens lost 2/3 of their fourth line in the first period.

They took four penalties and blew a 1-0 lead in the third period.

But Peter Budaj was a wall in the Shootout.

And Alex Galcghenyuk beat Tuukka Rask to secure two unlikely and very valuable points.

Shootout decides it

The Shootout:

Bergeron: Easy save

Vanek: Easy save

Iginla: Save

DD: Save

Marchand: Save

Briere: Save

Krejci: Save

Galchenyuk: GOAL!

Parade to the box

The Canadiens took four third-period penalties, and it finally cost them.

Patrice Bergeron deflected Dougie Hamilton's point shot past Peter Budaj: Boston's 27th shot.

On to OT

Amazingly, no goals

The Canadiens wasted a 5-on-3 power play late in the period.

But they were better than in the first.

Peter Budaj made huge saves on Dougie Hamilton and Milan Lucic.

Mike Weaver hit the post on Tuukka Rask.

Boston had an 11-10 shot advantage.

Should be a great third period.

One goal, two losses

Alexei Emelin scored the only goal of the first period when his power-play point shot changed direction off the stick bl;ade of Chris Kelly and beat Tuukka Rask.

The Candiens lost 2/3 of their fourth line on one play:

After rugged Bruins defenceman shoved Dale Weise heavily into the boards, Travis Moen dropped 'em with Miller.

Bad idea.

Moen was knocked woozy and joined Weise in the Canadiens room.

Boston outshot the Canadiens 10-5, and Patrice Bergeron hit the post late in the period.

A biggie in Beantown

The calendar says it is spring, but you wouldn't know it by the frigid temperatures and snow accumulation in Montreal.

The one sure sign of spring, however, is an important hockey game between your Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.

The Bs – a bona-fide Stanley Cup contender – will be riding a 12-game winning streak when the teams hook up Monday night at the TD Garden.

The Canadiens are pursuing a playoff spot and, ideally, home ice in the first round, which would be the reward for finishing runner-up to Boston in the Atlantic Division.

This is the fourth and final regular-season meeting between the teams. The Canadiens won the first two on goals by Max Pacioretty, but Boston was a 4-1 winner at the Bell Centre on March 12.

For reasons known only to Michel Therrien, the Canadiens' star goaltender will not be facing the NHL's hottest team.

2,014 Comments

1. PrimeTime says:

I don’t see MT name being bandied about as it was before the game? Posters too busy chewing on crow?

********************************************************
    “Fans are entitled to express their opinion, but most of the comments on talk radio and on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out website ranged from the mildly uninformed to the outrageously stupid” – Pat Hickey.

2. GGtheHab says:

I see we are over 2000, and I made nary a peep…did not want to get drawn into the why is Price not starting debate…anyway, since 1500 is the norm on Game night..I guess 500 were the retractions from the naysayers….now we are going home with our number one starter…after that he cn play thurs in det then Tues in TB…lets leave the coaching to MT..we were 5 lines deep and now all of a sudden that depth is being tested…

3. NLhabsfan says:

Considering 3 of the 4 PP’s the Bruins got were gifts from the refs.Montreal were outplayed only because some very questionable calls. We beat these guys at their game getting into their heads that we can play under any circumstances for the win.This loss will be one the Bruins won’t soon forget.

4. Storman says:

Markov played like a true leader tonight,, GREAT GAME by Markov

5. JohnBellyful says:

Are we waiting around to be first for ALN?
    To do the honour justice, we should be working on something pithy, to set the tone for the next thread.
    Bruins suck! works for me.

6. Storman says:

I wonder what Media, Stock and or Don Cherry’s would have to say of the Lucic love tap,, if roles were reversed and it worked the other way around,, Emelin takes a legit hip check early in the game from Lucic,, and then retaliates later by giving him a sherwood tap to the pills from behind

7. CJ says:

Great win. Led by great goaltending and oodles of character the boys earned those two points. The challenge ahead will be rising up and not letting two points slip away against the Sabres.

Full credit to Therien and his staff. The boys had a plan and once again bent, but did not break. As other’s have mentioned, full credit to Weaver who played his best game with us this evening. Hopefully there are more ahead. Despite injuries, the bench was shortened further. Not sure what that says for Briere and Bourque who hardly played in the third. Bournival, despite it being his first game back was much better than either.

I like Chucky with Pleks and Galley. If everyone was healthy I wonder if our best lineup might be;

Max DD Vanek
    Chucky Pleks Galley
    Prust Eller Gionta
    Bournival White Weise

Moen, Briere, Bourque and Parros would be spares.

Anyway, great win. Looking back, we not only beat the Senators and destroyed their season in the process, but we might have irrefutably damaged the Leafs and dented the Bruins psyche. Now that’s a great week! Have a good night everyone. Cheets, CJ

Any chance we start trusting MT with some of his choices?

• Lafleurguy says:

The elite experts are re-evaluating their approach to toppling MT. I think they’re studying how Sarah Palin does Dr. Seuss incantations.

• CJ says:

Echoing my comments above, full credit to MT. I’m not hiding from the fact that I said Frankie is a liability and that I feel Tinordi is the better all around player. As I mentioned this morning, I’ve given up the youth movement. I clearly don’t see the game through the same lens and defer to the coaching staff. I believe it comes down to trust, and MT simply trusts Frankie more so than he trusts Tiny.

Again, I don’t think it’s unfair to voice suggestions. When the puck drops I’m always firmly behind the team 100%. I hated to see us get hurt like we did tonight, but we don’t have anyone currently capable of standing up to Lucic, Miller or Thorton. I hope that changes next year, but fact is we beat them where it mattered most – the scoreboard.

• jlgib1019 says:

If PK got hurt from that dirty Boychuk hit,would the 2 pts be worth it. Plus we lost our 4th line. Like it or not Parros and White needed to be dressed for tonight

jr

• GGtheHab says:

I like those lines, the PEG line offers some of everything..

• HabsPooch says:

Not sure what made you like the Chucky Pleks Galley line? I thought both Gally’s were weak defensively and didn’t contribute much offensively. The same could be said for the top line as well.

8. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Greg Wyshynski ✔ @wyshynski
    I refuse to acknowledge the end of the Bruins’ streak until they lose playing hockey. #SkillsCompetition

Well Greg, I refuse to acknowledge the Bruins’ 12-game streak because it contained a shootout ‘win’. #SkillsCompetition

9. HabsPooch says:

Great games tonight by Plekanec and Gionta and a gutsy effort by all the defensemen. I would hate to see what this team would be without Pleks. He might not be having a great offensive season but his defensive game, penalty killing and faceoffs are just a treat to watch. He was 16-11 in faceoffs, the only Hab with a winning faceoff record.
    It was pointed out here a week ago that his importance wasn’t equal to Subban and Price. I think that is hogwash. He’s just as important and has been the glue for this team for a solid 4-5 years now.
    I was not impressed with Vanek and Pacioretty. Vanishing Vanek and Pretty Pacioretty have to start playing with some authority and fierceness. They looked scared to get engage in battle and were quick to dish off the puck to someone else.
    These guys are our game breakers and need to produce or at least be threats out there consistently.
    A courageous effort tonight and a very entertaining game. You couldn’t ask for more. Proud to be a Hab!

10. Dunboyne Mike says:

[please excuse my capitals:]

MODS!
    MODS!
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDS!!!!!!!!

[Edit: Merci bien]

Hate to see Moen suffer what must be a concussion, he was defending a teammate after a dangerous/dirty hit. Being a teammate and perhaps just ended his season and perhaps more. Seemed it took him almost a full year o recover from his last concussion. An honest hard working player, underrated also.

Wish him and Weise all the best.

12. kempie says:

I have tickets for tomorrow night against the Slugs and will be making the trek. I’ll be as tired as Markov but I’ll get through it as well as I can. Just like AM79.

Awesome win. In their heads. Terrible officiating as usual.

13. Dunboyne Mike says:

CJ! Including his team-mates? Go on!…

• Lafleurguy says:

Dun, did you note my early morning Ode on a Grecian Urn that foreshadowed a victory? 3 for 3 and I’m getting superstitious. Got nothing for Buffalo, so I’ll eagerly see what results.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Sorry Laf. Missed everything posted today except for the liveblog. And now it really is the time you originally suggested it was an hour ago! Good night!

• Lafleurguy says:

A fearsome rival hosts* Habs today
          I’ve never liked how Bruins play
          Chara’s ire found Max’s head and neck
          Pacioretty helpless on the deck
          A fight broke out between big and small
          Spacek, Hamrlik, Pyatt couldn’t stand tall
          Brashly, Thomas invited Price to dance
          The redneck goalie didn’t stand a chance
          Like a rodeo calf, but really more goat
          Carey could’ve tied him with a rope
          Max gave long recovery a pass
          Recchi showed he had no class
          Recall the Laycoe-Richard disquiet
          The infamous St. Paddy’s Day riot
          When Jonathan re-arranged Bouchard’s face
          Forever fans felt mortified disgrace
          G. Lupien was our pre-historic Chara
          Recently the best we had was Paul Mara
          Another scene etched in our brain
          Is Subbie giving Marchand pain
          But onto tonight and I must confess
          Methinks the Bruins should come out best
          But Les Boys have Price and they are chaste
          His Vezina feats they will not waste
          So tonight’s victory we will exalt
          Lest tomorrow’s ALN will fill with salt

• CJ says:

Hi Mike. My wife’s cousin played with him for a year, and a good buddy played with him for 2+ years. He’s a lunatic. He fights in practice and is dirty as heck. I have detailed stories, which I will share at the next summit. Off the ice, he is a regular church goer (same as Mike Fischer) and is an all around nice guy. I’ve had him sign stuff for charitable events and he’s very kind. On the ice, the wires cross. I grew up with a guy who was the exact same way.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Wow, CJ. His own team-mates — what does that say? Thanks for the info. IMO, no amount of off-ice niceness and piety off-sets barbarity on the ice.

14. Chrisadiens says:

Seriously, are there mods here anymore? Getting ridiculous around here.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

And so now that screaming lunatic kouleos calls the Lucic spear a how do you tap. Amazing how no one at tsn or CBC can criticize a bruin.

• The_Truth says:

The play by Lucic wasn’t a big deal honestly. It was, just a tap. I guess he got him in the exact wrong place.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

If it’s reviewed, you’d be hoping they won’t be measuring how big of a deal it is, but rather whether or not he broke the rules. Reckon he did.

• The_Truth says:

Could have been a penalty sure, but isn’t a suspendable offence. It really wasn’t more than a poke. Unfortunately in the wrong place.

What do you mean wrong place? You don’t think he knows where he was “tapping”?

Wow it is like spitting on someone, not an accident, but rather the response of a doorknob.

• The_Truth says:

I don’t know his intentions, but It wasn’t hard at all. Like I said, no way he gets a suspension from that.

Okay but I am pretty sure I have an idea regarding his intentions.

• Phil C says:

Yes, very unfortunate, a completely random event. What was Emelin doing putting his nutsack in the way of Lucic’s stick anyway? Very unfortunate, poor Lucic.

• kempie says:

It was a spear from behind to the testicles. About as dirty as it gets.

• Adidess says:

Lucic got him in the exact wrong place? What do you think Lucic was trying to do: compliment Emelin for a game well played? Yeah, there was no malice at all, he does this to his teammate Chara all the time.

Uhmm I think all us guys know a tap hurts in that area. Dirty cheap play by a guy who is better suited to sleep in a zoo than a house.

• twilighthours says:

Kouleos is a big Hab fan. Uh oh.

• robdoobs says:

Yup, it’s disgusting none of them even mention the spear, if that was Crosby or Malkin going down, it would be a black-mark on the game, and they would want a national discussion on violence in hockey!

We pulled thru with a tough win, lost our 4th line, still need secondary scoring, but the PP has to start clicking, in the playoffs, its huge!

Great win by the guys non the less, screw the Bruins, they will be out first round!

• PrimeTime says:

Did you see the rest of the segment? If so, why not comment on the positivity of a potentially dangerous playoff team?

********************************************************

16. Dunboyne Mike says:

Mrs Bruin: How was your evening, dear?
    Bruin: We lost to Montreal. Again.
    Mrs Bruin: Never mind, honey. 3rd longest streak in franchise history. How about that, tiger? Here, have some live crickets.

17. Thomas Le Fan says:

Ta da!

Hockey isn’t everything … it’s the only thing … except for beer and guitars!

18. PJ Stock is a NeanderTroll.

Defense wins championships

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

19. Strom Man says:

I’m so angry that this team keeps winning! There have to prove me right sooner or later!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH !!!!!! I hate MT!!!!

20. CH Marshall says:

BUCK FOSTON. Thst is all

21. Mattyleg says:

Oh Storm Man…

I guess you missed me defending you earlier today to your alter-ego and saying that you didn’t deserve that.

You can go back and check it out.

It’s the last generous gesture you’ll get from me.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

22. 4m3y2j says:

Watching Mike Milbury on NBC is unbearable.This piece of shit does not even bother to hide his contempt for the Montreal Canadiens.At the beginning of the broadcast he outright stated they started Budaj to make an excuse for losing .This first class prick is an embarasment to broadcast journalism .
    john slattery

23. The Gonk says:

Wonderful win tonight. Hope Travis and Dale are back soon. Great game by Budaj – tremendous display after some so-so results. Murray was a beast! Tonight those folks at EOTP can choke on their steroid statistics. Great game by Weaver too. MB deserves a lot of kudos and as much as pain me, MT does too. We probably won’t make it to the SC finals, but this team right now sure wouldn’t surprise me if it did. I can say I haven’t had that feeling since 93. Go Habs go.

24. Marc10 says:

I hope Weise and Moen recover quickly. I would assume Lucic gets a $5k fine/slap on the wrist from the League office for his cheapshot spear on Yemmy. Unreal what guys are getting away with again in the lead up to the playoffs.

Shanny-sham is really getting told what to do by Daddy Campbell and the Jacobs mafia. Karma is going to be a bitch. It would be ironic if Sonny Boy Campbell ended up on the receiving end of a $5K fine infraction.

25. SC-24 says:

sometimes it makes you wonder about the referring. Two good teams going at it tonight hard with pretty even play, at times it got a little dirty I will admit but I couldn’t believe the 3rd period referring. all the penalties to the Habs to try and help the Bruins win. What a way to ruin a pretty good game, can’t believe it.

In any case I’m glad the Habs won without the help of the Refs. Great Goaltending and the penalty kill is what won it for us tonight. Great Game Guys all the way round.

26. Dunboyne Mike says:

Now scooch up there, Bruins cortices! There should be enough room:
    the Montreal Canadiens are squeezing in beside you inside your neanderthal crania. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

27. Psycho29 says:

Is Lucic on drugs???

Retweeted by Dave Stubbs
    DJ Bean‏ @DJ_Bean ·5 mins
    Lucic on Emelin: “Whether it’s fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn’t scared, he would stand up & hit me and not go after my knees. It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down”
    “It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you’ve got to keep your guard up at all times.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Very reminiscent of how he spoke after taking out Ryan Miller.

• CJ says:

He is a bully. Plain and simple. When bullies get pushed back they become confused and react in unprecedented manners. In this instance, he is confronted with a question and goes immediately on the offensive. This is usually done in an effort to distract the audience from the underlying issues, like the spear. That was a gutless play, by a gutless player. Lucic has many of the same qualities Chris Neil exhibits, which is to say they are among the most despicable players in the game today.

• Chris says:

Milan Lucic is a genuinely loathsome human being on the ice. I’m sure he’s a decent enough guy off the ice, judging by some of his charitable and community endeavours, but there is enough smoke around that guy to suggest that he is a little unhinged.

• CJ says:

Exact same as Neil. He is a great guy off the ice, but is generally disliked by everyone, including his teammates when he laces them up.

• Ozmodiar says:

>I’m sure he’s a decent enough guy off the ice

Ya, sure….

• Chris says:

Didn’t want to go there, but I was aware of it. There was also the argument outside the bar in Vancouver where he also displayed his own particular narcissistic tendencies… “Do you know who you’re _______ with?”

He’s pure gold, that one.

• Ozmodiar says:

If Lucic is trying to send a message to Emelin through the media, then someone should tell him:

a) you just played against him, and could have sent the message then, sans groin poke
      b) Emelin is bat-sh!t crazy, and not as easily intimidated as you might think
      c) Emelin doesn’t understand a freekin’ word you’re saying

28. FanSince1969 says:

Hi team. I caught the third period and heard we lost Moen and someone else to injury. Can you update me on who we lost and injuries? Thanks and apologies in advance if this was already answered.

29. PrimeTime says:

Any point in reviewing today’s earlier posts? I bet they don’t reflect tonights result!

********************************************************

• frontenac1 says:

I said the Habs would win tonight! But then again, I say that every night. Hey what’s the word on Wiese? Pretty sure Moener has a conky after that bomb of a facial punch.

• CJ says:

I wish we had somebody in the lineup tonight so Moen would not have to face a clearly superior opponent. Miller is no daisy. He knows what he’s doing.

We have to stop trading for or signing old heavyweights. I hope next year we add a young buck with knuckles of steal and a jaw to match. I would love to swing a deal for Gadzic. Bourque or Briere, the Oilers can choose. Heck, they can have both if they want.

• frontenac1 says:

I’d make a play with the Flames for Big Mac.

• Chris says:

MacGrattan will be 33 next season. I wouldn’t go near a 33 year old goon with a 100 foot pole…his career is going to be over sooner than later.

CJ’s point was to avoid the old heavyweights. There are sadly a ton of kids who are willing to fight their way to the NHL, so if people must have one, better to develop from within.

• CJ says:

Chris, your point is spot on. You need to target the 28 and under crowd. Biz nasty would be at the older spectrum. Otherwise, I’d try for Gadzic.

• Ozmodiar says:

Sure, go 4 it.

30. Storman says:

LOL oops my bad

31. Da Hema says:

The English language has no word to accurately describe PJ Stock’s stupidity. Can anyone think of words from other languages that capture his idiocy?

32. HABitat4humanity says:

Murray’s puck skills scared me tonight but as always i love his physical play.

Emelin needs to continue to hit players. Weaver has a gionta body, gallagher heart and hits like the emelin of old.

Cant stand milbury & the commentators bash the habs.

So glad to see chucky put them away. He needs more ice time & developement time.

subby played a great game. & budaj suprised the crap out of me. My only wish was to c marchand pummled by Subban again.

• wings says:

Murrays game is best without the puck but he plays within himself ..he is very effective..even Chara knows where he is on the ice..love this guy..dollar for dollar worth every penny

Marky played with more intensity than I have seen in some time,
      Weaver and everyone else on D had great games..

hopefully Emelin is building on this game moving forward to playoffs..

GO HABS GO!!

33. shiram says:

Credit to Therrien, who managed his bench without 2 players and still pulled out a win.

A lot of players played long tough minutes to pull of this win.

• BriPro says:

Which begs the question, how much will be left in the tank against the Sabres, who are playing some decent hockey lately?

• shiram says:

Good thing Price will be fresh, and White and Tinordi will draw in, maybe a call up from Hamilton, maybe Eller plays.
        Good time to try to give more ice to the rookies

• Dunboyne Mike says:

That all sounds extremely sensible, Shiram. Good point on MT’s usually much-maligned in-game bench management. He pretty much had to tear up his game-plan after 60 seconds.

• Adidess says:

And he still put Briere out there for less than 13 minutes. And 10 of those minutes, Brière didn’t quite deserve.

I thought MT was too tough on Brière at the beginning of the season. Now I see what the coach sees. Brière has nothing left, including heart and desire to go after it.

34. Clay says:

So now the longest current streak in the NHL goes to Toronto, by virtue of their 5 losses in a row.

__________________________
    ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

35. The Jackal says:

That Storm Man parody account is out of control tonight

36. Lafleurguy says:

Habs have the fewest goals scored among the East’s playoff teams, and only 4 Eastern teams have scored less. Someone should tell Therrien he has a grinding team.

37. Vanek was fairly invisible. Looked quite disinterested, no?

Defense wins championships

• Adidess says:

As a professional hockey player, you can’t really be disinterested in a game like this, on a bench so alive.

Ineffective is probably a better descriptor.

• I don’t know. His body language seemed to say “I’m just going through the motions.”

I keep going back to what Knuckles talked about. I hope he’s not going to mail it in for the last few. I was just warming up to the idea of MB luring him away from Minny.

Defense wins championships

• Thomas Le Fan says:

A banker may be disinterested, a hockey player may or may not be uninterested.

Hockey isn’t everything … it’s the only thing … except for beer and guitars!

• johnnylarue says:

He’s downright Kovy-esque on his off-nights, for sure.

• Yeah. That’s a very fitting comparison. And somewhat frustrating. =/

Defense wins championships

• jacquesthemonkey says:

Just resting up for the playoffs.

38. Mark C says:

Another great might to be at the Garden! Not sure what was sweeter Chuckys smile after the SO winner or all the sad whiny B’s fans.

39. Storman says:

Vincent Lecavalier hit the old post- crossbar- post trifecta on the same shot tonight

40. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

The best thing that I like about the Bruins is the part where they suck.

41. marvin20 says:

looks like Montreal exposed a weakness of boston to night. It appears they really do not like being hit. When they get hit they are easily taken off their game. typical bully mentality dish it out but can not take it.

42. Mattyleg says:

Holy Moses.
    Lucic calls Emelin a chicken for a legal check, and then goes on to demonstrate great courage by spearing him in the plums.
    From behind.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

43. habkin says:

Pathetic play by Luchooch. I hope Parros is healthy enough to fight still. Or Murray takes him on when we meet in the playoffs. Habs punctured a hole in another laff tire to catch up to us. GHG!

44. Chris says:

Ontario Hockey League round-up…

Sault Ste. Marie beat Owen Sound tonight to go up 2-1 in their series, while Saginaw upset Erie 7-6 to cut Erie’s series lead to 2-1.

The Soo and Erie are getting all they can handle from the Attack and Spirit so far. And Erie’s Austrian-born Swede Andre Burakowsky is busting out, having now scored 5 goals in the first 3 games of that series. Looks like the Capitals might have found a keeper there.

• Storman says:

Burakovsky Washington has another good one there..

• Chris says:

McDavid is the wild card. He is a bit streaky, but man does he score when he goes on a hot streak. In his last 9 games of the regular season when Erie was chasing down Guelph, all he did was post 9 goals and 20 points. That kid is going to be a beast next season.

45. icemachine says:

Enjoying some victory Scotch – Aberlour Double Cask!

46. JohnBellyful says:

I don’t know how long Weise will be out but given Montreal’s remarkable record when he’s in uniform, I think he should suit up for the next match, even if he isn’t playing.

47. Luke says:

What a wild, stressful game. Hope Weissey and Moener are ok.
    Sabres game has Trappopotamus Rex written all over it.
    Gotta get refocused. Well, they do. We can celebrate.

Suck it Bruins!
    Woo!

48. Oh yeah, and MB–please sign Weaver for a couple more years. Great game from him, and a good time of the year for him to show he’s still got something in the tank.

Defense wins championships

• 123456 says:

I’d rather focus on getting PK and a solid #2 signed

• I think we could use a bottom six guy who’s tough and reliable, as long as Weaver can keep it up. I don’t think he’d cost us PK or another #2 Dman.

Defense wins championships

49. habsfan0 says:

If Carey Price is still fighting an injury and is not 100%,would you come back with Budaj tomorrow night given his performance tonight?

50. 123456 says:

Patches played great – hard back checking (might be due to vanik’s inability)

Gionta played very good – and I have been on his case

Budda – WOWZERS

Freaking bruins are classless aholes – hit from behind on Weiss was a cheapshot and then monkey marchant takes a dive to draw a penalty

While I a bitchin – in NY I am stuck watching games on NHL Network (I get the HNIC feed) or NBCSN – with milburied and jones in between periods….. it’s so biased it makes you sick.

Anyway – Habs were not the better team then entire game but enough to get the 2 pointgs

51. Time to rackout and get ready for the big bad Sabres!

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Congrats Carey Price and PK Subban, Montreal’s Gold Medal Members!

52. danhabsfan says:

any news on the injured guys?

53. Psycho29 says:

Retweeted by Conor McKenna

DJ Bean‏ @DJ_Bean ·10 mins
    Lucic calls Emelin a “chicken,” adds “I did not spear him.”

54. Andy and the habs says:

Please please please someone give PJ a love tap

55. I predicted 6-5 Habs, what’s wrong with these guys?

Bruins suck, they really really suck! Bruins suck, they really really suck!

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Congrats Carey Price and PK Subban, Montreal’s Gold Medal Members!

56. CHicoHab says:

I’ll bet anyone here a coupla drinks or more that on this Saturday night Cock Roaches corner doesn’t lead off with ” now listen up kids!! You never ever never do what Lucic does here to Emelin with this tailbone spear “

57. laGrandeTerreur says:

Do we really have people questioning the coach and suggesting who should have played instead of whoever else 15 mins after a win against possibly the best and hottest team in the league? With 10 forwards? This community is F’d up.
    Where’s Timo and Storm, they may as well join these lunatics.

58. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

I think that PJ should have to take a “love-tap” between his legs.

59. Storman says:

Are they talking about the spear , how is he defending that

60. DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

PJ Stock is an idiot.

61. gmur says:

Now Stock’s calling Lucic’s spear to Emelin’s nuts a ‘love tap’. I guess Lucic loves those kinds of taps…

‘Honestly, there’s nothing there.” He ridicules Emelin’s reaction after getting speared in the nuts. Lucic is ok…

Damphousse just told him he still has the Bruin’s logo tattoed on his heart. Stock thinks hooking should be allowed now in this sissy league. That’s because today he would be a career minor-leaguer…

62. Danno says:

PJ Stock calls the cheap shot Lucic put on Emelin a “love tap”

This guy is an embarrassment and RDS should fire his stupid @ss

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

63. I hope you mean PJ. I don’t think PK talks pidgin French. ;)

Defense wins championships

64. Samovich says:

” Love tap”!!! P.J Stock on Lucic spear. What a douch!!

65. laGrandeTerreur says:

I went on record supporting Budaj’s start… just for the record!

66. Mattyleg says:

A) I love the fact that the Bruins fans were pretty much certain that we’d break their winning streak… and we feckin’ did.

2) Loved the Chucky-Plecky-Gally line.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

67. Adidess says:

You probably mean PJ. Yeah, just heard him on RDS. Shameful!

• Mattyleg says:

Whoops, typo.
      Yes, PJ Stupid.

He’s talking now about the game being too soft.
      A stick in the plums, and he thinks it’s okay.

What a bloody imbecile.
      There are no words.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

68. Lafleurguy says:

Having Miller eliminate two guys from the game with a dirty play and Moen`s suspect fighting skills shows how inane fighting is to Habs` success. Parros wouldn`t have helped, `cause he`s too risky for more than 2-3 minutes. (Computer hackers are like the Bruins)

69. Storman says:

Budaj in the shootout looked so ultra confident nothing was getting by him,, sports man being in the zone rocks..

70. HabsKid says:

I agree with Mr. Biter. Whitey is untapped talent and Parros would have added muscle.

71. HabinSquamish says:

My 4.5 year old son doesn’t get hockey, but he knows what “Le But!!!” means, scares him every time, but he knows daddy is happy.

• wings says:

this has to be the best rivalry in hockey..really do have hate on for Boston..more about how they play and goon it up…with playing shorthanded for half the third period we still beat them..

if we do meet them in playoffs they will be terrified
      would be a great series!!
      my man Crankshaft was awesome tonight..

GO HABS GO!!

72. slapshot777 says:

Indeed, but Lucic would not fight Mac, he knows he would get pummeled. Just like he wouldn’t fight big George when he was challenged, piece of chicken sh!t.

73. habsfan0 says:

5 straight victories by the Habs in Boston.
    I don’t think any other team in NHL matches this.

74. On L’Antichambre, Francois Gagnon thought that Gionta’s play during the many shorthanded situations merited a second star of the game. I’m inclined to agree. Do you think he’d sign with us for less money and term as a 3rd liner and PK specialist?

PK and Emelin were in the Bruin’s minds all night, especially Boychuck and Lucic, respectively. I was pretty disgusted at Lucic’s cheap shot retaliations. Big baby.

Kudos to Murray as well. He went up against the Bruins’ biggest and didn’t falter. I’m kind of glad he didn’t go with Chara, only because we don’t need another dman out–even if he got a draw with Chara, I think he’d be out for a few with some type of injury.

And credit MT with clairvoyance or something. Budaj was on tonight. He’s great in the shootout.

And what a move by Chucky!!!! C’est le but!!!!!

Go Habs, Go!

Defense wins championships

• Adidess says:

Listen, I really like Gionta. He played a terrific game tonight and is a warrior on the PK and the checking line. But there are some problems with resigning him.

1) He’s not getting any younger and you want to improve and get bigger. Keeping him means you don’t get any of these two things.

2) Gionta is the Captain. Keeping him means he stays on as Captain, even with diminishing skills and role on the team. I feel it’s time for a changing of the guard on the team to give some of our young studs a bigger role.

3) You’re going to pay him a minimum of $5 M, out of respect. That money could be used to get younger.