Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend

CelebrateBuff

Four big points

Dale Weise and Brendan Gallagher scored first-period goals and Dustin Tokarski made 29 saves to record his first NHL shutout as the Canadiens completed a four-point weekend.

The game wasn't as exciting as the Saturday night miracle against Ottawa. But a win is a win, and the Canadiens seem back on track.

Done and dusted

Shots were 11-6 Buffalo.

So what?

Enroth out

A quiet second period featured the departure of  Jhonas Enroth.

The Sabres goaltender was banged up in a collision with onrushing Brendan Gallagher and replaced by Nathan Lieuwen, making his NHL debut.

Canadiens outshot the Sabres 15-9.

No letdown

The reconfigured forward lines are looking good in Buffalo, as is Dustin Tokarski.

The goaltender stopped Drew Stafford on a breakaway before Dale Weise scored his first goal as a Canadien, deflecting a David Desharnais shot past Jhonas Enroth.

Brendan Gallagher, with his 17th, doubled the Canadiens' lead.

Canadiens outshot the Sabres 11-9.

Anticlimax?

How will the Canadiens and Sabres top what Carey Price aptly labelled a "gong show"?

They probably won't ... and that's a blessing for the cardio-vascular health of Habs fans.

Fearless prediction: If a team is leading by three goals with less than four minutes to play at the First Niagara Center Sunday night, it will win the game.

The Canadiens are 2-0 against the Sabres this season, winning 3-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 27 and 3-2 at the Bell Centre Dec. 27.

While the Canadiens were mounting their ridiculous comeback against Ottawa, Buffalo was losing 4-1 to the Islanders. The Sabres have the fewest points in the NHL and the league's worst goal differential: minus-68.

Carey Price did not make the trip. Peter Budaj starts.

Puck drops 7:10ish. Check back later for live game blogging.

• I wonder how this will play in the room. P.K. has his own website

1. Max says:

Vanek has teeth….nice to know.

Good save by Toker.

3. Danno says:

Toker! Toker!! Toker!!!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

4. Sal from the Hammer says:

Eller foot speed not that good!

5. WVHabsfan says:

Oh well. Thanks. I guess Gionta is just an older version of Gallagher

6. Sal from the Hammer says:

So happy Habs don’t succumb to the cheesy third jerseys. Don’t need that there!

• D Mex says:

How does anyone explain what the Sabres are wearing ?
      Habs ‘ 3rd jerseys ‘ are a classy variation of the present-day road whites.

ALWAYS Habs -
      D Mex

7. Storman says:

I think Douglas Murray has a better chance getting his first goal as a healthy scratch

8. db says:

We looked like we had a PP before this PP where it doesn’t look like much of a PP..

9. HabsKid says:

I live in Florida so I am getting the Buffalo home feed. How exactly do you become ” the official cheese of the Buffalo Sabres?”

• Strummer says:

In the Sabres case it must be Limberger this year
      ______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion- I could be wrong”

10. Storman says:

Buffalo wearing their Husky Snow jerseys

11. WVHabsfan says:

I see Gallagher out with Plek and Briere. Is the EGG line no longer together?

Replay RDS showed is pretty clear puck was far from frozen by Lehner last nght.

13. PrimeTime says:

OK. It’s stupid time. I’m out

********************************************************
    “Fans are entitled to express their opinion, but most of the comments on talk radio and on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out website ranged from the mildly uninformed to the outrageously stupid” – Pat Hickey.

14. habsfan0 says:

Houde must have had a nice ride from Toronto to Buffalo earlier today.
    Beautiful day for it.

15. CJ says:

Just enjoyed a nice Chicken pad Thai, green curry, sticky rice take out meal. Sens are down 2-0. Leafs lost 4-2. Tinordi is back in….

Long way of saying I’m very happy. Now, let’s see Vanek open it up tonight. Go Habs!

16. Storman says:

Hope everyone is wearing the same underwear as yesterday

17. D Man says:

Regulation win, pleeese.
    You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

18. Rugger says:

Okay, I feel silly, I shut off the game at 4-1 last night to watch Animal House and didn’t feel up to reading about it on “about last night”. Just saw highlights to find out the Habs won! Guess i missed a great last 5 minutes.

19. gordispitz says:

i can faintly remember , back in the day, when i wore little man clothes,, the habs down 5 to zero, 8 minutes or less left to go in the third , , in L.A.,, days of jean, yvan and frank and j.c.. i cannot remember, if we won it or tied..

20. Haberoooo13 says:

Not saying I agree with the new Gio-Eller-Galchenyuk combo but it did work late yesterday…

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

• Marc10 says:

He’s playing the lines that won the game… Why not? They got it done…

I’m not worried about this one. Fearless prediction: Vanek is going to put on a show tonight (and it will help that clutch man DD is going to be feeding him all night.)

• Haberoooo13 says:

I agree…it’s just like there was no way any coach would bench a guy who scored the winner in overtime.

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

21. Alex says:

Also nice to see that Tinordi is back in. Having Weaver, Boullion and Murray all playing in the same game makes for a pretty weak defense. I know Tinordi is a rookie and has made mistakes, but he has been solid and it is the only way a player can develop. I would like to have Beaulieu up with the big club as well, but I don’t think both will be up at the same time. Maybe next year we can see them up together, I think they would be a significant improvement on our D.

Regardless I’m looking forward to seeing Tinordi play tonight, he will be hungry to show he deserves to be in the lineup.

22. scamorza says:

Good Sunday every team that we want to lose has done so and habs will take the sabres tonight as long as tokarski doesn’t implode. As we await the game and sticking with goalies name 3 of the 5 top all time assist leaders; 1 clue one is still playing ( that shouldn’t be hard to figure out) bonus to name the top goalie and BTW googling just means you’re cheating yourself
    come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

23. Vanek says “he’ll finish the year with Montreal” in his Buffalo interview. So if there is any confusion, he just made it clear he is looking forward to July 1 and a new, bigger paycheck. Hope MB gets what he can for him before he runs, not walks from this organization. So far, nothing to look at from his performance. I believe someone was right when they said, he’d be playing not to get hurt so his value was optimal July 1.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

24. Donkey Hoat says:

We constantly bemoan the lack of opportunity given the rookies, but everyone has a hissy fit now that Tokarski is given the start against a last-place team.

• That would be Rookie starters and players like Beaulieu and Tiny even Pateryn who have more intensity, size, two way skill and eve than Gorges, Frankie (despite his goal last night), Weaver and unfortunately Emelin (what’s UP with him anyways?!). I do like Murray though, in certain situations.

Let’s not even get started about his mismangement of Eller, Chucky, White, PK, et al…

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

25. Alex says:

Interesting to see Gallagher with Briere and Plekanec. I wonder how that plays out, I don’t know how Gionta will fair with Eller and Galchenyuk though.

• scamorza says:

Like the lines and we can thank the “3rd” line for last night’s win

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

Checked out PK’s website, really can’t see how this plays bad in the room. If anything will just be some fuel for locker room jocularity between the boys. DOn’t see it being a distraction in a negative manner.

27. Perfect example of MT’s ineptitude. He puts Gionta with Eller, takes Gally and puts him on the shut down like with Pleks and sits White and plays Moen! WTF! Why is Moen playing at all? At least White can score and create something… Why take mighty mite Gally and move him to a shut-down line? Really. I think MT is totally lost.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• BCG says:

MT is playing a video game version of hockey. One where his persona is not part of the performance. Is Robinson still available? Would like his calm demeanor and his knowledge.

I don’t see starting Tokarski as a slap in Budaj’s face. Budaj got the lion share of the starts in Carey’s absence. Budaj didn’t play all that well in those starts, Tokarski got one start and won it.

I see this more as a shot in the arm for Tokarski, perhaps to give him reason to want to stay in the organizaton, he is an RFA this coming offseason and perhaps can help the negotiation, and along the way he has played well and deserves a crack with the big boys.

Love Boone, like all he does for this site, but he is indeed the master Sh#t Disturber.

29. Al Burtlap says:

I hope someone has the same talk with Prust that they had with Ryan White last year…turn him back into the hockey player he has forgotten he is and needs to be

30. JohnInTruro says:

Boone, it must have been great to experience what it was like last night live, when MTL tied up.

31. Alex says:

I am still excited about last nights comeback, here’s hoping we can play with the intensity of the last 4 minutes for an entire 60 tonight. Buffalo is a weak opponent, however we cannot afford to overlook anyone. We need two points tonight to pass the Leafs, and continue winning to stay ahead of them. I hope this game can be used to build on the confidence on some of our players who may be lacking it right now, hopefully Eller keeps it going and I would love to see Vanek get his first as a Hab against his former team. I’m really looking to see Subban play the caliber he can on back to back nights, need him playing his best hockey from here on in.

32. the_larry says:

I like the Tokarski start. Give the kid some good NHL experience – beneficial for the long-term. We are playing Buffalo after all, its not like we’re facing the Pen’s offence and require a brick wall in net. This is a good game, and late in the season, to give Toke’s some extra big-league experience for him to take back to Hamilton for their playoffs, and of course to add some more notches on his belt.

• DominicanHab says:

The extra big-league experience would be extremely beneficial for Hamilton’s playoff run.

Now if only they weren’t dead last in their conference…

• the_larry says:

Are they really? I probably should have looked it up before making an assumption. How is Hamilton so bad? I guess I juts assumed the Bulldogs were a good team again, since the Habs have a pretty solid young core coming up. I have to admit, I really could care less about the AHL, so I didn’t pay attention.

My point still stands about the NHL experience for Tokarski! :p

33. slapshot777 says:

Happy Birthday to Prust. 30 today.

34. Boone, I agree about the Tokarski start, although the Commentariat seem to be harsher on Buds than I. Can’t be easy for Buds to be sitting tonight, despite the one good game Toker had against Anaheim.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

35. Hobie Hansen says:

Eric Engles, Sergio Momesso and Bobby Dollas, all former NHL players, consistently give Michel Therrien votes of confidence on the radio on TSN 690.

• I can’t see why… his line juggling, bench riding selections, like Buds not starting tonight, preferance for weak veterans over skilled, but green rookies, etc… are all suspect. I hate to say it, but we traded Julien and would you consider him a good coach now? Is it the players he has, or can he out maneuver MT?

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• Hobie Hansen says:

I guess it involves getting a mediocre team to play above it’s head. Fans seems to get upset that the coach doesn’t treat their favorite players like little babies I guess?

• PrimeTime says:

+ 100

********************************************************

• Mike Boone says:

Yes, Eric had a great NHL career.

Mike Boone
      Hockey Inside/Out blogger

36. jimmy shaker says:

Ovechkin, backstrom and green a combined -75 or somewhere near there. WOW! No wonder this team will never go anywhere! Hopefully Jaro moves back to the west, next season for my sake and his!

Shaker out!

37. habs001 says:

Last year Hamilton was bad and posters adv they should be much better this year but they are 27th overall..same comments for next year?

• slapshot777 says:

The only thing changed for the Hamilton team really was new defensemen came in not much I the way of offensive talent. Hopefully next season the new players coming in are mostly forwards so we should see a better Hamilton team.

• JohnInTruro says:

I think they were better than last year. They were up near the top for the first quarter of the year. I find the coaching down there is similar to the big club. Weird scratch your head lines that you would think the coach doesn’t know hockey type of combos.

38. Hobie Hansen says:

Seems like the posters in HIO give Therrien a lower approval rating than people who cover the game for a living. Big surprise.

• Frozen Village says:

Not so much, we understand the idiosyncratic-ness of the post

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

• BCG says:

Can’t tell if that’s sarcasm. It isn’t a surprise given that modern sports reporters rely on public interest in the team(s) that they cover and therefore aren’t exactly impartial.

P.S. I find Boone, Todd and Fisher, (when he was around) to be/have been great old time sports reporters. I probably missed someone there…

• Thomas Le Fan says:

Yeah well unlike “experts” who cover the game for a living … WE CARE! ;) Go Habs!

Hockey isn’t everything … it’s the only thing … except for beer and guitars!

• We’re just more passionate than the talking heads, about our Habs. Consider if you will the fine coverage our Habs get on HNIC. God I miss the days Dick and Danny were calling the games…

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• scamorza says:

Very nice clip thanks

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• BCG says:

Watched your link oldschool – this struck me:

Irvin: It’s interesting that Danny Gallivan, in his 32 years as the play-by-play voice for the Montreal Canadiens, was in their dressing room twice. And…. he didn’t want to associate with the players in that way. Today – the HNIC announcers are expected to be at every morning skate talking to every player and every single coach….

Irvin: Not that Danny wasn’t ready for the broadcast – he just wanted to distance himself. And it certainly didn’t hurt his work.

Wise words from the greatest.

39. Frozen Village says:

7 French Canadians of which 5 where born in Quebec, la presse was off a bit, unless of course this year meant just 2014. ( that, then would exclude, St.Pierre(Ottawa born) , Leblanc (vrai), Dumont, the other 4 have been spoken about and yes Brooklyn Bouillion, makes the grade despite his incredible southern tan.

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

40. Sportfan says:

GO HABS GO!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

41. PrimeTime says:

@Scotland
    Your best ever post!!!

scotlandMARCH 16, 2014 AT 5:57 PM
    Just goes to show you that “in the room” supposed problems are all usually created by lines like that from media guys.

Boone : “wonder how PK’s website plays out in the room”

Translation : players in the room dont get along with PK Subban.

Reason media guys do that: Envy (best guess)

42. jimmy shaker says:

Everybody all together now…….1, 2, 3….Thank you Jaro for the W!

Shaker out!

43. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I was driving around downtown last night, and all these totally dejected, depressed, Timo-esque fans were stumbling up Rene Levesque like the living dead. I was sure the Habs had taken a serious kicking.
    Then I realized they were the ones who had left early and missed all the fun. I was sorry I had missed the entire game, but not as sorry as the crowd who left early probably are….

44. Danno says:

This might not be a measuring-stick game, but it sure is another one of those must-win games.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

45. Someone please explain to me the rational of playing Tokarski in nets instead of Budaj? I like Buds. He plays his role, was good for four games when the Olympics break was over and then let in some softies, just like Price does, yet everyone on here wants to hang him. He is a very good back-up goalie and now Tokarski? Really? Buds has one more year and unless he is primed for a trade, don’t we want a solid back-up going into the playoffs, if we get there?

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

46. Hobie Hansen says:

Abe Hefter ‏@hefteronthehabs 3m
    My pal @EricEngels gives M.T. a B-plus for his efforts behind the #HABS bench. I agree with that assessment. How about you! @TSN690RadioMtl

• B+? No way… he gets a C. The guy is lost against good coaches, mishandling the youth which is why he was brought in. Playing the veterans to the detriment of the whole team. the defense is a mess most nights and PK is also mishandled instead of nurtured and cajoled as a thoroughbred should be.

Some will say it’s the best he can do with the assets that we have… well we have some great assets like Prust, who has been invisible for most of the year. Chucky, who has been prevented from breaking out. The constant line shifting which doesn’t let anyone form any chemistry except for the protected DD with a whopping 13 goals this year. Moving Gally around and frankly he makes anyone look good with his spark-plug like play. Eller, poor fellow. Instead, he uses “hands of Moen” instead of Weise who is a better skater and shooter by a long shot. He moves out Tinordi for Smurf Weaver, Need I go on?

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

47. habs001 says:

Time to end the 9 game winless streak in regulation…

48. the_larry says:

I dont understand, are players not allowed to have their own website? Mike Fisher has one, Marty Brodeur has one, Claude Giroux, Nicklas Backstrom, Brent Burns, and even Mika Zibanejad has his own website. I don’t see why PK can’t.

Is this just because it falls under the label of “PK is doing something everyone else does, so let’s make a bigger deal out of PK’s way of doing it, and then over-scrutinize it until he feels bad for doing it”? Because I feel like that’s what this is about.

• PrimeTime says:

How does Boone ” I wonder how this will play in the room. P.K. has his own website” mean PK can’t gave his own website.?? I don’t think his teammates will care.

********************************************************

• the_larry says:

Then why the comment about it, if its no big deal? Why not just post it simply as “PK has a new website up – Give it a look!” rather than beating the dead horse (which has been dead for some time) by saying “I wonder how this will play in the room.”

49. Haberoooo13 says:

1st period of Sens game…Tied 4 to 4 after 1
    That’s 4 shots each!

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

50. habbernack says:

Does colorado have a better team or a better coach??

51. DipsyDoodler says:

I mistranslated the La Presse question to the chiefs. It was name 2 of the 4 Quebecois players, not Quebec-born, so Frankie B is a correct answer.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• Frozen Village says:

You forgot, Leblanc and St.Pierre, actually the paper itself is unsure of their own, so again that would be 6 québécois whom played for the habs this year.

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

52. habstrinifan says:

So which is correct?

“les chefs des quatre principaux partis politiques se sont prêtés” or

“les chefs des quatre principaux partis politiques se sont prêté”

53. FormalWare says:

Well done, Caps!

Habs: Your turn.

WWSD (What Would SubbieDoo?)

54. slapshot777 says:

Leafs just lost 4-2, now comon guys lets get the win tonght

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

55. habsfan0 says:

To paraphrase Harry Caray:
    “LAFFS LOSE! LAFFS LOSE!”

56. Hobie Hansen says:

Leafs losing 3-2 late in the 3rd…

57. Mr. Biter says:

Habs have to win tonight. If they can’t beat Buffalo for which should be 2 easy points, MT did not motivate his team for tonight.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

• Hobie Hansen says:

It would be all Therrien’s fault for sure!

• PrimeTime says:

Why not let game be played before criticizing anyone

********************************************************

• Mr. Biter says:

Prime Time, not criticizing anyone. When you come back from a high as per last night and are facing someone you should beat, MT has to make sure the Habs come out hard and fast like last night, and not take a 30 minute break and then wait till the last 3:30 of the 3rd period.

Mr. Biter
        No Guts No Glory

• habsfan0 says:

I predict Bouillon scores the OT winner tonight.

PK is playing up front tonight with Gionta and Plekanic.!!
    Therrian finally gets it together.!

59. Sportfan says:

Who cares if PK has a website a bunch of players in the league have them…

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Morenz7 says:

Not sure about “Subbanation.” Plays into the hands of critics who say he’s narcissistic.

But whatever. He’s building his own brand, which is smart in today’s NHL. I wish the Habs would show some enthusiasm for that part of his persona. Would he do stuff like this if they embraced his popularity, and marketed him more aggressively?

• Captain aHab says:

The simple act of creating a website, a twitter account, a blog, whatever is narcissistic. It assumes people give a s____ about your life.

—————-
        Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• Morenz7 says:

And in PK’s case, about 338K do. I see nothing wrong with harnessing it, and I think he should be the face of the team, from a promotional perspective.

60. Sportfan says:

Yay Toker gets the start haha

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

61. Hobie Hansen says:

It’s great that Tinordi is in but unfortunately Weaver and Bouillon are on par with Murray in terms of being a liability.

62. Psycho29 says:

Avalanche goalie just froze the puck and Denis Potvin said, “Why don’t they just run over the goalie? Maybe the puck was loose”

• I just can’t believe that Potvin was one of the greatest D-Men of all time. How can someone be that great yet be such a bore on TV and radio? Like I say to my wife it’s a good thing you’re pretty…..:lol:

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Congrats Carey Price and PK Subban, Montreal’s Gold Medal Members!

• Hobie Hansen says:

Dean Brown said the referee (same as last night) is giving the Sens some makeup or non calls. Denis Potvin then says, that’s Montreal for you. It was always like the in the 70′s.

How would PK’s site play out in the room? Why would anyone give a F that PK has a site? Everyone can have a website, just like everyone can have a blog. Personally I am looking to a PK Babes gallery section.

• PrimeTime says:

Because players are to be focused on the team, not the players.

********************************************************

• Captain aHab says:

Oh FFS, a large group of them have twitter and instagram accounts, including the Captain himself. Why does it not matter when they do it but when PK does it, it’s bad? Can’t possibly be cause he’s black, right? Of course not.

—————-
        Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• PrimeTime says:

Not for self promotion. This is hockey, not basketball

********************************************************

• Captain aHab says:

Oh, please…they all talk about themselves…just say it, buddy, it’ll feel better: I don’t like Subban cause he’s _ _ _ _ _.

Subban’s fan club raises money for charity.

—————-
            Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• PrimeTime says:

You couldn’t be further wrong. And I’ll accept your apology now

********************************************************

• Captain aHab says:

Yeah, good luck with that.

—————-
            Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• RockinRey says:

Should not be an issue . Get as much attention as you can, build as many business relationships as you can . Plus proceeds are going to charity!!!!

Thats’ one of the problems with hockey doesn’t do nearly as good a job as the other sports at promoting its players. I am certain it wont hurt his overall profile beyond hockey to promote himself…

Though, I have a feeling that Gorges would be the one guy with his nose out of joint about it. After all wasn’t he the guy who was quoted as saying it was selfish of PK to sit out for the start last year when he was without a contract?

——————————————————————————————————
            You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong.

• boing007 says:

Try RussianBrides. Lots of Babes. They love to Hump.

Richard R

64. Psycho29 says:

Great Habs win last night; I can only assume that Manny didn’t go to that game! Oops I mean Matty ;-)

65. jols says:

Kris Letang cleared to resume play. Good for him and good for the Pens.

66. Haberoooo13 says:

Tinordi and Tokarski in

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

• CJ says:

Just saw that. Clearly not confident with Budaj. Wonder if this might hold ramifications going forward? Toker needs a big win tonight.

Mike Condon is having an excellent first pro season. Very likely will be Hamilton next year.

Tinordi in over Murray is a no brainer.

• thebonscott says:

thank you hockey gods, budaj is terrible, i would have scratched bouillion but i’ll take it

C’mon guys this is not rocket surgery!!!!

• Haberoooo13 says:

Agreed but you pretty much have to reward a loyal guy who scored the winner.

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

• Mr. Biter says:

Thought they might give Tokarski the start tonight and yeah taking Cube out after scoring the winner would have had the natives restless on the site, but before Eller and Cube scored late in the game for our great comeback, both sucked. Also kinda funny many posters favorite whipping boys (Eller, Cube, Gio and DD) got the Habs their 2 points.

Mr. Biter
          No Guts No Glory

• Timo says:

Glad Tiny is in… not too happy that it is at expense of Murray. But like I said last night, it will take a miracle to take Bouillon out of the line up now… Therrien will play him 30 minutes a game from now on.

• Ian Cobb says:

Tokarski is our future, he is going to be a great one for us.! Happy he is in.

67. jols says:

Dawgs/Marlies game is a total snooze fest. Switching over to the Avs/Sens game. Hopefully the Avs kick the Sens right in the junk while they are down.

PK web site has been taken down.???? maybe by the club!

69. PrashadHabs says:

I was at the game last night, and I stayed until the end. I have not been to a game in 4 years (live near Toronto). That was such an incredible ending, and the building was insane. I will never forget this game ever!!!

70. CJ says:

Anyone remember Raphel Diaz? Jokes aside, remember the stink that was raised by some old friends regarding our inability to identify a puck moving defenceman? The corsi-fenwick and zone statistics…..

Following his trade to the Rangers, Diaz has been a healthy scratch in EVERY game.

I said it then (when he was first dealt to the Canucks) and I’ll say it again, Diaz will be playing in Switzerland within 2 years.

71. Max says:

It’s true that the Sabres are awful,but these are the types of teams that the habs have trouble with.Buffalo still has some good individual talent and I hope they don’t take them for granted and come to play hard.It’ll still be a tough two points.

72. Captain aHab says:

Here’s a working link to Subban’s website: http://pksubban.com/

Says he’ll donate profits from his fan club to charity…how dare he?

And OMGZ Captain Gio has a twitter account where he has the balls to talk about himself and promote stuff he does…I wonder how the rest of the team feels about that.

Yet another example of Subban getting double standards.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• jols says:

The Subbanation fan club. That is hilarious.

• Captain aHab says:

It gets worse: he even has an instagram account. I’m sure he’s the only guy in the league with one of those.

—————-
        Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• jols says:

I love it. Any revenue created by his fan club goes to charity. PK is a beautiful individual.

• Captain aHab says:

It feels like media and some fans want him to leave so they’ll then be able to say that they knew all along he was a flake.

If they keep going, maybe they’ll get their wish.

—————-
            Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

73. habulations says:

Leafs will lose. We’ll win in Buffalo and move up in the standings!

74. Captain aHab says:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh Subban has his own website…it’s not like most players already have a twitter account.

Why would the rest of the players give a damn about Subban having a website?

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

75. careysubban3176 says:

first?

Stop blaming the goaltender! He can only do so much.

76. Frozen Village says:

He is made redundant, because we truly coach the team from here.

More Swedes for the Lions in Winter

77. jimmy shaker says:

Both goalies played quite well actually!

Shaker out!

78. scrotchland says:

I agree. no-one wants to come to this political hell hole of hockey..

79. db says:

I dont think they care about Dagostini that much heh

80. Harditya says:

Gallagher for sure at 0.685 M. Subban is an absolute steal at 2.875 M as well.

81. Marc10 says:

Danny B? DD?

82. Danno says:

It’s gotta be Gallagher

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

83. SPATS says:

The other PK (PKP) is unintentionally crashing the PQ partay. Most don’t want out, just the old crusty Marois types. Canada is not Ukraine

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH

84. Strummer says:

Salary cap may be only $68 million next year so PK may have to lower his expectations next season

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion- I could be wrong”

85. DipsyDoodler says:

Good for PKP.

No appetite for independence anyway. PQ won because the Liberals got lazy and corrupt and the 3rd party is a joke.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

86. slapshot777 says:

Cap is expected to go to 70 million. Even if it goes to 68 million like you say it might. Gionta 5 million will go to Subban so really team is only paying out an extra 2-3 million.

87. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

That still wouldn’t get anyone to ‘like’ the team.

88. CJ says:

Most business people don’t buy businesses that lose money. Hockey in Ottawa is not easy. You would need to be prepared to lose millions.

Ha!

Herve Villachez was quite the star in his day.

91. D Mex says:

LOL – ‘ what is ‘eez vantasy boss ? ‘ …

92. Savardian Spin-o-rama says:

The vikings got zero hockey sense. The right play on that wraparound was a pass to the dman in the high slot, not that lame writer.

93. Mike Boone says:

I’ll try to remember that on the next “Elar” breakaway.

Mike Boone
    Hockey Inside/Out blogger

94. ffenliv says:

That’s what happens when you’re amazingly unproductive. Gionta is the same Gionta from 10 years ago, but he’s still been more useful than Lars lately.

95. Storman says:

well I am wearing my big boy pants

96. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Uh oh… internet tough guy syndrome warming up here…

97. Max says:

Paul Maclean,is that you?

98. jctremblay says:

Yep..no way I pay him that next year..especially after what we’ve seen so far from him..he may be past his best before date..

99. Mr. Biter says:

Rumor has it that what Herve lacked in height he made up in length on another part of his anatomy.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

100. morivera says:

Mike Milbury just caught your attention. Price and MaxPac as a throw in with Gallagher for Clarkson, he tells me.

101. D Mex says:

No thanks.

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

102. jctremblay says:

I put that “If” in to scare ya…lol

103. Et le but says:

Was thinking the same thing

Thinking and posting are two different things. ;-)

105. habsfaninphx says:

I’m guessing you’re not really a Habs fan.

I was trying to track down your comment from last night about Red Storey being fired rather than quitting. Where did you find that because everything I’ve ever seen disagrees with you. I tried googling it after reading your post and couldn’t find anything. Do you have a source for it?

106. CJ says:

Waited for your reply last night….

Hope you can make time tomorrow morning. I’d love to have a go. I was under the impression you were a Sens fan, but perhaps I’m mistaken?

In any event, I’m looking forward to the exchange. It’s nice having the opportunity to exchange witticisms with new members, be they fans of the Canadiens or otherwise. Cheers, CJ

107. Sportfan says:

Just a troll ignore them and they go away

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

108. Adidess says:

Listen, if people can guess what you’re going to post after every game before you even post it, you have no credibility whatsoever. Last night you had a case, as the officiating in the Ottawa game ended up being quite biased in favour of the Canadiens. But you’ve cried foul so often, people would not even engage with you, knowing your agenda and your extreme bias.

There was nothing to see tonight, move along. You are an articulate poster, I think you’re really doing yourself a disservice sounding like a broken record every night. Cheers!

109. chesterfiled says:

AAgh! You are chum (not that radio station) in water, I bite! Have no idea what you writing after seeing and pretending to insinuate… lache le, le gros, t’as l’aire d’un baveu Spezza avec ca

110. CJ says:

I agree. It is one of few glaring errors Murray has made. Goaltending is a very important portfolio and I thought, as you suggested, that Anderson would end up being the odd man out.

Cheers, CJ

111. habsfaninphx says:

Interesting – I’ve never heard it that way before. I’ve always heard that Campbell was on the phone apologizing to Storey before the newspapers even came out, saying he’d been taken out of context. And that Conn Smythe and others begged Story to come back.

Thanks for sharing.