Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2

Bourque

He's human!

The great Martin Brodeur was beaten three times on a mere 17 shots.

Rene Bourque's sixth goal of the season, in the second period, erased a 1-0 lead fashioned by Steve Bernier in a first period dominated by the visitors.

After red-hot Max Pacioretty's 10th made it 2-1, Michael Ryder tied it up six minutes into the third period.

Then a bizarre sequence of bad passes ended with Alex Galchenyuk – benched for the third period against Toronto on Saturday – using his great hands to tap the winner past Brodeur.

Carey Price made 27 saves and preserved his stellar 2.00 GAA.

The Canadiens' penalty killers threw another shutout at NJ's three power plays.

Kid bags winner

Against Toronto on Saturday, Alex Galchenyuk spent the third period on the Canadiens' bench.

Against New Jersey, the 19-year-old scored the winning goal.

Martin Ryder had tied the game at 2-2.

.600 save percenatge

The great Martin Brodeur faced five shots in the second period.

Two went in.

Rene Bourque's sixth got the Canadiens on the board.

Then the home team went without a shot on goal for more than eight minutes before the red-hot Max Pacioretty blasted a power-play feed from Andrei Markov past Brodeur.

Shots were11-5 for the visitors ... exactly what they were in the first period.

Total domination

New Jersey outshot the home team 11-5 and got the only goal of the first period when Steve Bernier tipped home Marek Zidlicky's point shot.

The Devils had wide-open looks from the slot all through the period, as the Canadiens stumbled around their own end, unable to win puck battles.

Michel Therrien will have much to say between periods.

Him again

Martin Brodeur grew up in St. Leonard, a multi-ethnic district of Montreal.

His late father, Denis Brodeur, was a photographer for the Journal de Montréal.

But through the course of a first-ballot-cinch Hall of Fame career, the  New Jersey Devils goaltender has displayed little nostalgic affection for his hometown ... or at least for fans of the local hockey team.

Brodeur's lifetime statistics against the Canadiens: 44-18-6, 9 shutouts,1.83 goal-againstaverage, .930 save percentage.

And some of Brodeur's  best performances are on Montreal ice.

So despite recent stellar play by NJ heir apparent Cory Schneider, who posted a shutout of Buffalo on Saturday, the homeboy starts when New Jersey visits the Bell Centre Monday night.

The Canadiens begin a busy week: four games in six nights, including a return visit to New Jersey on Wednesday and Boston at the Bell Centre on Thursday.

Michaël Bournival draws back in for George Parros and will play with Brandon Prust and Travis Moen.

1. Bill says:

Rugger, good call on Peter Green! He was great. I remember reading Mick Fleetwood’s book: said Green had never cashed his royalty cheques in twenty years or something. Crazy story. Don’t do drugs.

2. WVHabsfan says:

F Martin F!!! Go Habs Go!!!

3. Et le but says:

Evening HIO…GREAT feeling about the game tonight.
    Forum Ghosts in the house to banish jinxes and stats…4-2 Habs

4. smiler2729 says:

El diablo is in town… tabarnacle

_______________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam.
    Gary Bettman is a bobblehead.
    The “CH” in CHOKE stands for Toronto Maple Leafs.

5. haballmylife says:

Time to turn the tide on Brodeur’s success in Montreal

6. Say Ash says:

Oh, yeah, Boone. Pour it on!!!

7. Bill says:

And Twi, even if you don’t like Santana … how can you not like the guitar solo in Black Magic Woman?

Someone below mentioned Peter Green, I believe that is his song, isn’t it?

8. Bill says:

Twilight. You don’t like Santana?? Tell me that wasn’t you who was slamming Eric Clapton in the summer … was it??

9. HabFab says:

Dave Stubbs -

Scouts with seats for #Habs #NJDevils tonight: Colorado, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Buffalo, Vancouver, St. Louis, Columbus, Calgary

So where are the scouts from Washington and Dallas?
    Oh yeah… Bouillon is not playing tonight.

10. aHabGrowsInBrooklyn says:

First time MiBo’s opening gambit has been “Good eveninbg”. We’ll have to see what effect it has on the outcome of the game.

Go Habs!

11. RAM_TOUGH says:

I hope that dreaded Molson Cup was awarded to Max this afternoon!

Guts-Glory-Ram

12. AliHaba says:

That must be the biggest line the Habs have had in years…..Eller, Galchenyuk, and Bourque. And I hope sincerely that they won’t be called the BEG line.

13. 4loorplay says:

Going out on a limb here. Mtl gonna break the NJ @ Mtl jinx tonight

Mtl-3 NJ-2

Nirvana is earned…

14. jols101 says:

Go Habs Go!!!

15. Bill says:

Has it really been five and a half years since the Habs beat the Devils in Montreal? Jeez.

• Marc10 says:

Yes. In 08 I recall the Kovalev Crew put on a masterclass of a game at home and blanked the Devils 4-0 (or thereabouts). Around the same time they had smoked the Wings in a similar fashion with a puck possession lesson.

Following those games we had high hopes… And then came the Flyers in the postseason and RJ Umb… ugh. (Just threw up a little bit…)

16. Bill says:

Just to temper all the jinxy optimism around here, let me once again remind everyone that the Habs never beat Brodeur and that they are due for a stinker. I’ve got a bad feeling about this one!

17. Say Ash says:

“The Canadiens haven’t lost in regulation since the Rangers beat them 1-0 on Nov. 16. In their last 10, the Canadiens are 7-1-2 and haven’t given up more than two goals in any start.”

This has got to be Boone’s reverse-reverse jinx.

18. Bill says:

Twilight: Santana “Black Magic Woman”, Eddie Van Halen “Panama”, John Lennon “I Want You” … those are some great tones/solos!

19. HNIC Leafs Nation 24/7

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 1.29.31.33

20. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I have nothing to say …or, at least, no time to say it

…except, …

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

…and, last, but not least: Go Habs Gooo0 !!!

21. twilighthours says:

Are we still doing guitar solos, etc? Because the solo in Mark Knopfler’s Tunnel of Love is my all time favourite.

22. Bill says:

Hobie, were you one of the ones envying the Leafs over Clarkson? He’s the most overrated UFA signing I can remember. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.

23. Hobie Hansen says:

Good article by Jack Todd on the PRO Leafs attitude on HNIC. We can only hope that guys like Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Glenn Healy have their roles dramatically reduced, if not in some cases, completely removed.

MacLain is a nice guy, I’ve watched him for 30 years, but I’m so f*&^ing sick of watching him gloat about the Leafs and putting them way ahead off all the other Canadian teams.

We can only hope that this Rogers deal evens things out and Saturday night in Canada between 7:00 and 10:00 isn’t purely dedicated to the Leafs anymore.

• AliHaba says:

I watch on RDS whenever I can. The pro-Leafs crowd on CBC is indeed sickening excepting Andi Petrillo.

In case some of you have not seen this one:
      The Toronto Maple Leafs are just like my artificial Christmas tree….come January it’s back in the basement where it belongs.

24. John Q Public says:

Billy Mumphrey was a simple, country boy—some might say, a cockeyed optimist—who got caught up in the dirty game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

GHG

25. Bill says:

UCE, about your comment on trilogies on the last thread: Lord of the Rings is actually a single book that was broken up into a trilogy over Tolkien’s wishes.

Or more accurately it is six books in one, but wasn’t intended to be split up.

26. Edman says:

This team not only looks good lately, but the numbers show it’s not a fluke.
    -Total GA 2nd in the east behind only BOS
    -3rd rank PP behind STL and PITT
    -5th rank PK behind VAN, NJ, DET, BOS

This team keeps this up and i think we might actually turn some media heads @ TSN and CBC….maybe

So is it Murray or Bouillon tonight?

28. AliHaba says:

I have the same good feeling that I had before the Leafs game. The Habs are a team that is becoming increasingly hard to keep under wraps. A chance for offense from each line. I’m happy to see Bournival back in. He gives them a little extra.

Go! Habs Go!

29. Bill says:

Twilight, thanks for the link below, great stuff!

30. Mattyleg says:

Oh man, is Pierre McGuire a douche…
    Listened to him on TSN690, and he is such a self-serving creep.

Talking about Jagr, and had to say “I’ve skated many, many laps with him, played lots of one-on-one with him, done shooting and passing drills with him…”

Hold on, Pierre, weren’t you just asked how he fit in on the Devils?

“Why is Jagr doing so well now compared to his late-90s, early 2000s form?”

“You wanna know why? M-A-T-U-R-E. What does that spell? Eh?”

“Uh, mature…?”

“Yeah.”

Total douche.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

31. B says:

Jérémy Grégoire’s isn’t on Canada’s radar for the WJC, but his team mate (and his captain in Baie-Comeau) Félix Girard is on the invite list. Is Girard a better all around player than Grégoire? Is Grégoire considered a risk defensively? Not having seen them play much, I am curious why the less productive of the two got the nod. Perhaps it is Girard’s previous experience playing for Canada?

Tid Bit: I did not realize until checking out his numbers today that Grégoire played most of last season (and the season before that) on the same Chicoutimi team as Hudon

–Go Habs Go!–

• ffenliv says:

Sometimes it’s not about production. They can’t invite 4 lines full of top-notch scoring talent. There have to be some guys who can play the game at a high level, but also bring a physical element that a lot of your sniper-types often don’t.

Now, I don’t know anything about these two players, so this is just a shot in the dark.

It’s also possible one has previous international experience but the other doesn’t?

• B says:

I realize it is not all about numbers, that is why I am asking about the other differences between the two players. I guess I wasn’t very clear about that in my original post.

–Go Habs Go!–

• ffenliv says:

It could also be that I was a total failure in the reading comprehension department. I just got home from work. Brain is a bit …. off.

Again, not knowing them, I wouldn’t be surprised if one was invited over the other because of perceived ability to play an unfamiliar role, with fewer shifts.

• B says:

No worries, its’ all good. They have a lot of offensive players to choose from and Girard may indeed be better regarded to fill a different role.

Grégoire may not be considered a scorer (despite his quick start this season) and there may also be questions about his skating (as HabFab pointed out) that left him out of consideration for a supporting role. I still hold out hope that Grégoire may end up with more of a scoring touch than he was originally scouted for. Some confidence and success in that department could help produce a later (if not unexpected) bloom in that area for him. Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

–Go Habs Go!–

• HabFab says:

Gregoire is a Ryan White type player, who is having a good offensive start. I didn’t find him that fast during the Subway series, so not surprised at his not being included.

• B says:

The younger Grégoire also slightly out produced Girard in last season’s playoffs (while taking less penalties). Perhaps that gained him a spot on the top line this season (which could be helping to pump up his numbers so far this season)? Girard may not be a top line player and therefore may not be getting the offensive support that has benefited Grégoire so far this season? I am totally making guesses here.

I have read some more on Girard, he is the Drakkar’s captain because he leads by example in the work you ass off department.

–Go Habs Go!–

• HabFab says:

Have not seen Gregoire play much so watched him closely during the Subway games… played smart up and down hockey but wasn’t impressed with speed or quickness. Hopefully he learns from Girard. I would have the Habs send him to skating school like they did Pateryn last summer. His skating really improved.

32. aHabGrowsInBrooklyn says:

Man alive, I have a great feeling about this game! Habs are going to really REALLY win this one. What say ye, Mr MiBo?

33. Alvin says:

Poor old Marty is gonna get creamed tonight.They’ll have to pull his sorry ass. Well at least Bournival is playing but its such a waste of talent when he has to play with Prust and Moen.

34. Habilis says:

Sportsnet panel saying that Price is still lackadaisical and that nobody has stepped up among Canadian goalies…

Shouldn’t you have to watch hockey (other than the Loafs) to qualify as an analyst?

• habsfan0 says:

Have they anointed Bernier or Reimer as the starting goalie for Team Canada?

• Habilis says:

Nah they didn’t embarass themselves to that degree. They just basically said how early on it was Luongo, then it was Mike Smith, now it’s Carey Price who looks the best. No one favorite, stuff like that. Then MacLean noted that Price is still considered “lackadaisical” and that nobody has confidence in any Canadian goalie. He based this on the fact that Price let in 2 goals in 22 seconds on Saturday.

If any one of these morons had watched even half of Carey’s games, they’d know that consistency from night to night has been his greatest strength this season. He’s been on since game 2 and he hasn’t missed a beat.

Unfortunately, game 1 was against the Loafs and as such probably the only time they saw him for the first 20 games. This is the future of hockey broadcasting in Canada. Awesome.

• ffenliv says:

I’m all on board the Price train for the Olympics, but his consistency really only has been this season. It’s been several years since you could call him consistent. So 20-some games isn’t really going to make people excited.

• Haberoooo13 says:

Platooning

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

• Ktowner says:

Well it certainly shows that most sports commentators know absolutely nothing about the sport. On top of that so few real hockey people actually know enough about the goaltending position to offer an intelligent and relevant opinion. I almost always defer to my son, a goaltender with considerable experience, when it comes to discussions about the most difficult position in sport and he thinks that Price is playing the best he ever has and that no other goalie in the league right now is at the same level.
      I have faith in Yzermam, Babcock and their staff when it comes to player selection for team Canada and trust that Price will be on the team.

35. Hobie Hansen says:

It was about time someone from the Habs popped Nazem Kadri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydbIbcPpC10.

Great job Crankshaft!

36. Did it guess, preciousss? Does it know the anssswer? Check down to my postses at ssssix o’clock, precious. Yesssss… ;)

DDonais

37. BigB says:

With apologies to all the posters on this page…I have a rather silly question. What are the correct nicknames for our players? I understand that, at the end of the day, this is a personal preference but then again I wanna make sure I have them like the majority do:
    - Is it pleks, or plekky? Plekky sounds better?
    - Why “Chucky”? There is no Chuck in his name!
    - What’s Prust’s nickname?
    - Is there an official list we can refer to? Is there concensus on any one player? :)

Habs forever!

Alright folks. I am outta heah. Go Habs!

39. FlyAngler says:

Has any one noticed that sometimes when David Clarkson is staring straight ahead his gaze bears a striking resemblance to Charles Manson’s?
    Just sayin’………
    “Elever le flambeau!…Raise the Torch!”

40. Fred D says:

It will be an interesting evening in our house. My wife’s name is Gilliane BRODEUR. She is normally a Montréal fan. Guess who she is rooting for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crappy ass weather in Calgary… a blizzard, cold, traffic sucks. Wonder how long it will take me to get home where normal commute time is about 12 minutes.

42. ffenliv says:

Boring as they can often be, I’ve always looked forward to seeing the Devils in Montreal.

I think it’s the effect of Brodeur’s life-time record against the Habs. I always want them to stick one to him, to get just one back against his rather staggering number of wins.

43. slyCH says:

I come back from the gym and see I missed a discussion on LOTR in the last thread. Looks like I left in time. Here’s the extent of my knowledge on that subject.

In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
    But Gollup, and the evil one, crept up and slipped away with her, her, her, her, her, yeah.

Insert Jimmy Page guitar plucking here.

44. Marc10 says:

Just a quick observation before the Devil Snooze Fest… Markov and Pleky are playing some of their best hockey. So is Patches. I hope that’s enough to beat old man Brodeur. Let’s go boys! Let’s take this train right to the top of the division.

45. Ktowner says:

This will be a real test for our Habs coming off a great win over the Leafs riding a 5 game undefeated (in regulation or OT) streak, finally healthy and playing to their potential. This is the kind of game that veterans such a Gionta and Markov need to shine. Price will be Price (the best goaltender in the league), PK will need to keep playing smart and Gally, that buzz saw of energy can be the difference. I expect the Devils to key in on Plecs and why not, he is on quite the roll so guys like Eller and Chucky should seize the opportunity to step up.
    I am looking forward to another win something like 3-1.

46. Hobie Hansen says:

Not sure if anyone listened to the TSN 690 Irish Embassy Pre Game show on Saturday? That was me in the Prust jersey challenging the Leafs fan in the Domi jersey to a scrap live on the air. Abe Hefner was doing the play-by-play.

47. commandant says:

Scouting the 25 young men selected to the World Junior Selection Camp.

Interesting… 20/22 players I picked for my squad in early november made it to the selection camp stage (Max Domi, Matt Finn).

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

48. JF says:

We have to get to Brodeur early. He said a couple of years ago that it takes him longer now than when he was young to warm up and loosen up once the game starts. He gets sharper as the game goes on. If we don’t score on him in the first period, we likely won’t at all.

49. DipsyDoodler says:

From Stu Hackel’s NY Times article on PK and Sochi:

“Babcock, who prefers right-shooting defensemen playing the right side, is probably considering four right-handed veterans from his 2010 team: Shea Weber, Drew Doughty, Dan Boyle and Brent Seabrook, along with Alex Pietrangelo and Subban. ”

The only player in that group who you might take over PK is Shea Weber (not that I would mind you). Doughty maybe because of past achievements. But Boyle, Seabrook and Pietrangelo? It’s not even close.

• Bill says:

Seabrook has a lot of street cred as the best two-way dman in the NHL. I’m not sure I see it, but that is what people say.

Pietrangelo is viewed much the same way. He’s basically a PK Subban playing the White Way, so to speak.

Can’t see Boyle making it over Subban though. Do they want to win or what?

If you’re gonna win on the big ice, you need guys who can skate, and not many defencemen can skate with PK!

Full Breezer 4 Life

• twilighthours says:

Seabrook is looking good based on being partnered with Keith.

50. VancouverHab says:

Best comment in a while here came a day or three ago: “when does Galchenyuk get Gallagher on his line to revivify his play, or is that reseved only for Desharnais?”

And that is indeed the problem. Patches could score with Douglas Murray as his winger: Gallagher is there entirely to make up for Desharnais (clearly, the two of them are carrying Desharnais.)

Bournival on a Patches-Bourque line, and White on Moen-Prust killer fourth line.

Win.

51. spos080808 says:

Player A: 27 GP, 9-9-18, +7, 50% FO %, 7 PP pts, 1 SHG, 4 GWG, 69 SOG

Player B: 27 GP, 8-5-13, +8, 60% FO %, 1 PP pt, 1 SHG, 2 GWG, 74 SOG

Player B is discussed throughout the national media nonstop and is always talked about as being one of the, if not THE best two way player in the world. Nothing negative is ever spoken about him. I could go on and on.

Player A = Plekanec
    Player B = Patrice Bergeron

52. Bripro says:

It’s remarkable to watch young Gallagher go.
    He’s my son’s age. I wish the latter had the same work ethic.
    He’s driven, incessant, and won’t take no for an answer.
    Even if he didn’t have that hockey ability, I’m convinced he would still succeed in life.
    They interviewed him after the game on L’AntiChambre on saturday night. He said all the right things.
    Right now, IMO, he ranks as one of the most indispensable players on the team.

• Steeltown Hab says:

Gallagher and Subban are the kind of players who give your team an identity

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Emelin – @J_Perez22

• on2ndthought says:

I hope your son finds what will cause him to give that effort. My 20 year old just started back at school, works weekends (is ‘no fun’ according to his 18 year old sister); all this after just scraping through high school and being underemployed for two years. They just need to find what turns their crank (culinary school for mine). Keep encouraging him to find it. When he does you are going to love it!

“a cannonading drive”

53. 100HABS says:

I’m in Chile. They don’t have RDS here. How can I stream this one game with decent quality?

At NHL.com you have to buy a full-year package it seems. I don’t mind payuing a little, but $169.

• Habilis says:

I use this to watch other teams on occasion. They have links to every NHL game though. It’s 100% free but there are ads. Quality is not amazing, but not bad either, especially considering the price.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I can also endorse firstrow, 100Habs.
        I’ve been using it for a couple of years, enduring those ads, but just recently downloaded ad-blocker and my life is transformed. Enjoy!

• HabsFansince49 says:

i agree about First Row Free. Also check different links in a game. Sometimes quality better in one than others.
      When the Habs are playing I watch RDSHD (never CBC or TSN) although I am not bi-lingual and if the Leafs are playing the same night I watch them on my computer in First Row Free

54. donmarco says:

Ok, I like the 4th line, nice blend of speed and grit, but who is the Center? I’m not sure if any of them are natural centers

• shiram says:

Prust will take draws.
      Bournival was a center at one point.

• Habilis says:

Bournival is a natural center, or was before this season anyhow. Prust has played there before, more with the Rangers than with us but he’s capable.

Still, it sucks for White. He’s been playing the best hockey of his career lately, IMO anyhow.

• Steeltown Hab says:

Bournival and White seemed to have nice chemistry as well. Looked like White was getting his okay offensive instincts back that he had when he broke in.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Emelin – @J_Perez22

So, what’s harder… to win the stanley cup or be first on Boone’s blog?

56. Steeltown Hab says:

Cannot wait until we get De la Rose and Hudon in this lineup.

Aside from the AHLers I think they’ll be the first two to make it.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Emelin – @J_Perez22

57. donmarco says:

28th.

58. CH Marshall says:

Jeez, even the NY Times is writing on Subban and Sochi. I hope he goes, because I’d like to see what his game is like on that larger ice.

59. Dunboyne Mike says:

@ Just a Habs Fan.

You’re almost certainly factually correct about the fights helping to “grow” the game. Bettman’s vision is not without commercial merit.

But he could almost certainly also grow the game with topless ice girls, encouraging Rogers to expedite the departure of Cherry and Maclean and replace them in Coach’s Corner with topless ice girls, and ensure all intermission and post-game locker-room interviews were conducted by topless ice girls. Also the national anthem, the refs, Youppi, the head of Player Safety, and the back-up goalie (when on the bench) could all be replaced with topless ice girls.

Viewership would spike. No one would even get brain injury. Pee wee players wouldn’t imitate goons. And the money would flow.

My naive hope is that some day the NHL will have faith in its own product and promote the very best of hockey and not dilute it with a) dangerous; and b) often ridiculous (eg. Orr’s initial refusal Saturday) side-shows.

(No disrespect, Hobie. And tbh, I probably would have been hollering along with everyone else had I been there).

• Bill says:

Let me be the first to propose that the NHL formally replace fighting with topless ice girls. I can get behind this movement 100%. I am sure Timo is with me as well.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Dunboyne Mike says:

The interesting thing (well apart from all the toplessness) is that the driver for the furious response that would ensue would be the same as it ought to be for fighting: moral outrage. Unfortunately, we are bizarrely more militant about naked breasts than about brain injury and violently dubious role models for our kids.

• Just a Habs Fan says:

Thanks for the comments Mike…..not often do I get a reply. The topless ice girls may do that. My thoughts in a serious way though is the game is beautiful when the intensity is there such as the playoffs……but believe me that pace can’t be maintained over the long haul. So then you are left with a few ( too many ) New Jersey type teams. I mean there are opinions and I have one….I respect all opinions……well most of them. Again thanks for your reply to my post. Go Habs

60. SteverenO says:

Last season the Habs scored a goal every 27 minutes when Markov was on the ice and allowed a goal every 21 minutes at even strength

This year the team is scoring once every 18 minutes and allowing one every 34 minutes with Markov on the ice at even strength.

Some may say it is because he is playing with Subban, but looking at Subban’s numbers last year they scored every 19 minutes with Subban and allowed one every 29 minutes. This year his numbers are almost exactly the same. One goal scored every 20 minutes and one GA every 29 minutes.

Since Subban has proven that he can be just as effective when playing with another defence partner, is it not time to see what a healthy, and in shape, Markov can do without Subban at his side?

Easier to compare this way;

2012-2013 season:
    MARKOV; GF PER 27 minutes ; GA per 21 minutes
    Subban: GF per 19 minutes ; GA per 29 minutes

2013-2014 season:
    MARKOV; GF PER 18 minutes ; GA per 34 minutes
    Subban: GF per 20 minutes ; GA per 29 minutes

regards,

Steve O.

• krob1000 says:

Holy crap..we agree on something!!! Not based on the stats but just because I have always believed it makes more sense to have an elite dman on the ice for 50 mintues a game instead of having two for 26 minus together. Especially now that Emelin is up to speed I think this more than the right decision. It makes it tough to get them both on the pp though together though…doubt you see many 2 min pp’s for them anymore if they go that route.

I am glad the team has divided its strength offensively and put a sparkplug type guy on each line and now the last piece of the puzzle IMO is this move but it is too hard to argue with the success right now. IF the team goes into a funk I bet you see Markov-Emelin but until then he can’t make a change that dramatic and why would he at this point.

• SteverenO says:

Maybe instead of using three different forward lines on the PP we can start to use a forward such as Eller, or Galchenyuk, on the point, at least for the second wave.

I know, I know, we are 5th best on the PP but there is plenty of room for improvement. Washington scores a PP goal every 5.5 minutes and we score one every 7.4 minutes.

yes, we are a lot better than Florida , one PPG every 17 minutes or Winnipeg, one every 19 minutes, but why not shoot for the top?

regards,

Steve O.

Best coach’s quote I ever heard : ” it’s amazing what a team can achieve if NOONE cares about who get:s the credit.” John Wooden

• Habfan10912 says:

Steve – I love that stat.and I don’t care who gets the lions share of credit. They have become a great tandem.

• habtastic74 says:

Interesting points. As long as we’re winning I wouldn’t mess with it. Might be something to look into next time we start slumping though.

Here’s an update on the Devils during the month of November.

Here’s the game preview from the New Jersey perspective.

In terms of direct head-to-head competition for a playoff spot, the Habs can knock the Devils out of the race during the next 48 hours.

62. Sportfan says:

Does anyone know if we’ll see any Devils fans like this in Montreal tonight?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

63. CH Marshall says:

Nice article by Stubbs on Murray

64. Sportfan says:

I’m hoping our boys can give Marty another loss and make a mark on that record against us.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

65. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Brodeur to Boone seems like Newman to Seinfeld…

66. DipsyDoodler says:

Happy to see the Devils playing their number two goalie.

67. rhino514 says:

Do my eyes deceive me or does Therrien have Galchenyuk playing right wing and Gionta playing left wing…both on off wings at the expense of two other guys who are also playing out of position.
    Coincidentally, Galchenyuk and Gionta are slumping. That´s just crazy to play them in such a way.

68. Jed says:

Wow, loving our fouth line. Prust and Bournival would not look out of place on any team’s top 9. Knock wood, we stay this healthy for a while – and rotate our violent gentleman in when we need to quiet down the Colton Orrs of the league.

69. habs-fan-84 says:

Re-post from previous thread:

I can now fully appreciate why so many “goons” or fighters have suffered depression and or drug problems. Although Parros has been doing it most of his career, it must be tough to be sitting in the pressbox one game and the next night being forced to fight (as long as he wants to stay in the lineup/NHL).

Ya I get that he’s paid well, but as a human being it must be tough knowing you’re being used like that.

I don’t want to start another fighting debate. As someone who has supported fighting I simply wanted to throw it out there that perhaps I am softening to the idea.

70. Bripro says:

Seventh!
    This is crucial because it’s my lucky number.
    They’ll add another 2 points tonight.
    You’ve read it here first…. (I hate saying that.)

71. rhino514 says:

Didn´t think they would let Bournival play centre. Awesome that he´s back in. That fourth line is almost as a good as some third lines in the league. The only problem is, can he take a faceoff?

72. Scout says:

Lets hope Fatso doesn’t pitch another BC shutout eh.

Scout

73. MannyR says:

Looking for another solid outing tonight by Price.
    Should be a close game.

74. bwoar says:

Curious what Marty’s numbers are the last 3-4 years at the Bell Centre.

“thoroughbred”

75. Reflektor says:

I’m sure there’s a few Tranna lurkers in here (eg. that Jay Em guy) or even so-called Habs fans that are actually fake fans and actually cheer their Leaf first and foremost.

76. twilighthours says:

It’s also rambling on.

77. slyCH says:

I told you I know nothing of the books. Time for me to ramble on to work now. It’s sure to be more exciting then tonight’s game. Enjoy y’all.

78. Bill says:

That’s a tough read for elementary school!

Full Breezer 4 Life

79. Rugger says:

As my son says “no one has ever read the whole thing, but everyone’s father claims to have had to read it in college”

80. FlyAngler says:

Doesn’t he already have a whole bunch of brides?

“Elever le flambeau!…Raise the Torch!”

81. Marc10 says:

It’s relative of course… He’s a spring chicken by our standards… :)

82. Blondie says:

Very nice :)

I’ve got the same sunburst but with a maple neck.

Edit: Lol, It didn’t occur to me that you could see that in my avatar.

83. Bill says:

Sweet Blackface, man.

Full Breezer 4 Life

84. Blondie says:

Nice collection – I’d never know which one to pick up. :)

85. duffy says:

The Broduer Jinx continues, sure hope he retires soon.

86. Blondie says:

Ha Ha – I’ll bet.

Do you ever keep one or two in an alternate tuning? Save a lot of time.