Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final

LucicEmelin

Bring on the Rangers

Saturday, 1 p.m. at the Bell Centre.

Book it.

Carey Price made 29 saves. Between Sochi and the playoffs, he's allowed two goals in five elimination games .. and won them all.

Tuukka Rask was beaten three times on 18 shots.

Dale Weise, Max Pacioretty and Daniel Brière scored for the Canadiens.

A power-play goal by Jarome Iginla made it 2-1 late in the second period, but the Canadiens held the fort.

The President's Trophy winners are toast.

And the Canadiens advance to the Eastern Conference final for the first time since since 2010.

Brière sinks the dagger

daniel Brière, who had played six seconds in the third period, banked one in off Zdeno Chara to make it 3-1.

The Bruins were done.

Good Max, bad Max

Max Pacioretty made it 2-0 as exhausted Boston defenders couldn't get out of their zone after an icing call.

But with the Canadiens cruising late in the period, Pacioretty took an O-zone penalty.

On the subsequent power play, Jarome Iginla redirected Torey Krug's shot past Carey Price. – first goal against him in 103:46.

Shots were 13-8 Boston, 22-14 on the game.

Canadiens will begin the third period on a power play.

Fourth line scores

Dale Weise completed a superb passing play with Daniel Brière and Brandon Prust, barely two minutes into the game.

It was Weise's third goal of the playoffs.

The Bruins began the game sluggishly but ended the first period with pressure, as Carey Price had to make a big stop on Carl Sodergerg.

Boston outshot the Canadiens 9-6.

Win or go home

Game 7.

Need more be said?

OK, maybe a little more:

Carey Price has played four elimination games in 2014 – three at the Sochi Olympics, one in this Eastern Conference semifinal series against Boston.

The Canadiens goaltender has faced 97 shots. He's stopped 96 of them.

The only player to score on Price in a 2014 elimination game is Lauris Darzins.

He doesn't play for Boston.

Price is 1-1 in Game 7s against the Bruins. As a 20-year-old rookie, he posted a 5-0 shutout to eliminate the Bruins at the Bell Centre in 2008. Three years later in Boston, Nathan Horton beat Price 5:43 into Overtime in a 4-3 win that launched the Bruins on their Stanley Cup run.

Tuesday night in Pittsburgh, Henrik Lundqvist stood on his head to send the Penguins packing.

The Canadiens may need similar heroics from Price at the TD Garden.

Epic rant by Chris Nilan

Your pregame laugh

Shakeup in Pittsburgh?

2,229 Comments

1. monmick says:

Game on; mes ami(e)s…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

2. hansolo says:

Mr. Boone, as someone said last night, it’s “Win AND go home,” as in home-ice advantage over the Rags.

Minnesota has lots of cap space for Vanek. It begins with Heatley’s 7.5M subtraction. They only need to find another 500 grand.

24.4 Cups

4. The Gumper says:

I think if I was given the option to sell my soul for victory tonight and let the chips fall where they may for the balance of the playoffs, I would do it in a heart beat. Let’s hope we’re all singing a few hours (or sooner) from now! Go Habs Go!

5. davecessna says:

Is anyone else having trouble with the CBC.ca stream? I.E. not working.

6. habs-fan-84 says:

As a result of crappy weather in Southern Ontario, my satellite is cutting in and out, lame. Looks like I’m plugging the laptop into the TV and streaming, sigh.

7. w.p.d says:

I spend every day working with pissed off and envious Leaf fans. I need this win !

8. the habinator says:

Nerves are shot.

9. UKRAINIANhab says:

so frickin pumped. Have not been like this since I played soccer way back when

10. SC27 says:

Is it alright to be more scared than the players playing the damn game??

11. WindsorHab-10 says:

Sick to my stomach.

I guarantee that we will win tonight.!! You can take it to the bank!! Sure hope it does not take a bad bounce!!

Mike Boone has invited all HIO members to watch the game in his basement, if you bring a 6 pack!! What a leader!!

Refereeing will dictate the winner!!

13. UKRAINIANhab says:

%#%^ why game 7′s i hate them… GHG

14. BCG says:

” Jeez, they could watch with me in my basement for a six-pack.by mike.boone 6:16 PM”

Not sure you’d want all of us at your house after a Montreal loss, ;) But it would be spectacular if you held a Watching of The Game at a local watering hole. I would drive to Montreal for that!

15. JohnBellyful says:

If the refs put away their whistles I’d like to tell them where.

16. Say Ash says:

…and I’m numb with 20 to spare! GHG!

17. habs-fan-84 says:

Just opened a 28 of Budweiser to find a bright red Habs coloured Hockey Night in Canada T-shirt. Regardless, of how you feel about HNIC, I like the omen!
    GO HABS GO!!

18. Danno says:

Hey! Now I’m logged in as CJ! WTF?

EDIT – It’s all good now.

19. CJ says:

It’s been quite the day….

I forgot my personal cell phone at home this morning. I had three separate meetings, no lunch, some HIO conversation and time at the casino, all leading up to 5:00….

Well, I dashed out of work this afternoon, fleet afoot, reminiscent of the last day of school or the opening of bass season. I didn’t make it 30 feet before I realized something was wrong with my car. Low and behold, a flat tire! So, in a three piece suit, I changed the tire in record time and proceeded home.

So, the day might not have started out the best, I might have gotten a flat tire, the bacon in my BLT sandwhich for dinner might have been burnt, but so long as all is well that ends well, who cares right?

Tonight we right a wrong. 2011 is still a sore spot. We were so close. Now we have a chance to put the league back on it’s proper axis. I hope those blood thirsty fans, led by Rene Asscourt, are at their rabid best. It will be oh so sweeter when PK shuts them up.

I’m ready. I’m pumped. Our little guy has his uniform PJ’s on and is in bed. I have the exact same thing on tonight as Monday night. I’m about to take my seat and crack a pint. I don’t want to watch an epic game, I want a win. I don’t care if it’s 1-0, 7-0, or 9-8. A win is all I want. Let’s get this party started!!! Go Habs! Cheers, CJ

20. Danno says:

We need a much stronger reverse-jinx than that!

Come on Mike, you can do it!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

21. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

That crazy robin bird has woken me from my post poutine slumber.
    A deer visited today and did not run away.
    The birds are singing and the frogs are croaking.
    The Buddha resting comfortably outside as the snow has finally departed.
    Jumpin Jesus, it’s time for hockey.
    Playoff’s game 7 fuc*in hockey.
    No holds barred hockey.
    Winner take all.
    Go Habs GO!!! Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!Go Habs GO!!!

22. Un Canadien errant says:

I think to ask the question “What’s wrong with Sidney?” is to answer it. He must be injured in some way. His performance didn’t drop off so much because he wants it less, or lost his timing. The rest of the NHL treats him with something that borders on contempt, bash him at every turn, that’s going to take a toll.

Leave it to the NHL to tilt its rules towards Brandon Dubinsky over Sidney.

23. Chris says:

Women with Irish, Scottish or Spanish accents enjoy a ridiculous advantage over their compatriots.

Women with New England accents…that’s like a cold shower. Man. :)

• Un Canadien errant says:

My postulate has always been that an accent is an advantage for a member of the opposite gender. For a person of the same gender, you think that she’s a beeyatch, or he’s a tool. Evolutionary psychology deeply ingrained in our genes, that promotes a more diverse gene pool, limits inbreeding, and eliminates competition for mates.

But beyond that, yes, some accents are really cute, whereas some sound a little more harsh.

24. Un Canadien errant says:

I think I may not have the fortitude to wait until an hour after puck drop to fire up the PVR. I’m leaning towards watching the game live, commercials be damned.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

• frontenac1 says:

The only thing you should fire up is a Blunt UCE. Watch it live. It is all good amigo.

• johnnylarue® says:

So let me get this straight–you give me a hard time for sacrificing half of Game 7 to look good–or at the very least, normal–while you were going to PVR this game and watch it later just ’cause you hate commercials?

I’m at a loss for words.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Again, you’re using definite terms, while I’m using modifiers, words like ‘may’ and ‘leaning’.

Reading comprehension ain’t what it used to be at HIO. Sinners with itchy stone fingers, ready to cast stones at the first cursory perusal.

And, I have it down to a science, where I can finish up the third period just as the game itself is winding down. So you Northern Spillway-Ford Recalls-Ronald McDonald House of Exploited Foreign Workers monkeys are no further ahead than I am.

Of course, if I want to avoid the Benoit and Mario intermissions, I need to give the game a much longer head start.

• johnnylarue® says:

Sounds like splitting hairs to me… to use a topical phrase.

Oh, and don’t kid yourself: those commercials will colonize your subconscious just as effectively in fast-forward.

• frontenac1 says:

Johnny! Give yourself a slap! It’s Game7! UCE has seen the error of his ways. Watch the game. Invite your friends over to your penthouse pad. Let The Mojo take control.

25. hockeydoc says:

No matter what happens tonight, no matter the score the boys have done Montreal proud!!!!

26. Danno says:

30 minutes to go…

I can’t stand it!!!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

27. Big Buffy Boat Club says:

I’m in the Calgary airport right now (crikey) and my flight will probably take off when the 3rd period starts. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WESTJET HAS A LIVE FEED FOR HNIC ? ? ?

-FREAKIN’ THE HELL OUT

———————————————————————————-
    “Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of the women.”

28. habsfan0 says:

I feel remarkably calm.

Burp..

29. gordispitz says:

I AM LOOKING for a statement game from our stars and young players.. we have been waiting for this opportunity for a few years…
    markov, gionta, plelankec,, ,,biere.. of, course , price and subbantor will be their too.. this is their time, their history…. bring it on,,,,, we are good,, but this will not be easy,,,,

30. The Teacher says:

Buck Foston Timo. Buck Foston.

31. Subban in Sochi says:

P.K. Subban poked countless bears after the Habs’ game 6 win by hoping for a loud ‘n’ nasty environment in TD Gahden. P.K. assumed the role of Pied Piper to Bruins’ fans. Let’s hope the Bruins players-and especially rats like Marchand-heard his tune too.

And if any hibernating bears needed additional “poking,” Chris Nilan rounded them ALL up yesterday on TSN690 radio with his bear baiting “The Bruins ARE the Bad Guys” crusade. Which, of course, is factual.

As for old saws and bon mot about bears-to include their toiletry habits-let’s hope that we discover that bears do not defecate in the woods. Rather we’ll let’s hope we have video documentation that they do their # 2′s on the ice…

I adore the “Poke the Bear” strategy, but it is just verbal jousting.

Tonight’s game will be won by the team who imposes its will; plays its game. Let’s hope that what is “willed” tonight is solid forechecking, speed, quickness, and opportunism. If so, the Canadiens will be on the winning side of the post-game handshakes…

“Cannonading drive!!”

32. Chris says:

After a whole day where my television’s picture was pixelated and snowy (even on the start-up screen), it has suddenly jumped back to normal.

Good omen #1 for tonight, folks. (Unfortunately, I don’t dare do anything for fear of losing it again, which means I’m stuck watching Foghorn Leghorn in the 1st intermission.)

Now to figure out the jersey situation…do I go with the Koivu white that gave us Game 6, or the classic red. Hmm.

33. Phil C says:

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I’ve got so much nervous energy, I think I’ll have to go run myself for 20 minutes like I do with the dog when she gets too hyper.

34. Storman says:

First goal on the way to victory tonight, Plekanec goes into a revolving door behind Chara and exits ahead of him and scores..

35. billylove says:

This is going to be so crazy! I smell marinated bear meat doing a slow cook. Should be ready to serve in a couple of hours.

36. Storman says:

Holy Crap guys I am so hyped, feel like could lace them up.. GO HABS GO

37. Mavid ® says:

What a long day..I had zero motivation this afternoon…less than an hour to go..cautiously optimistic..we need to get the first one..GO HABS GO….
    º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤ºWeed Wacker Grandma Smurf

38. hansolo says:

Upon reading that piece about the Penguins, I can’t help giving in (I know, it’s smug of me) to some schadenfreude. Ray Shero was GM of the year a couple of seasons ago, partly because of all those players he magically found to “help” his club at the trade deadline. The Penguins played an uptempo, possession style game, for which their coach was lauded. Their mix of players, their emphasis on skill, and their system, were worthy of universal admiration. In the meantime, MT (who couldn’t get Pittsburgh to the promised land – that was all Bylsma) has gotten short shrift from many (myself included) for being a dour man who preached character while his team got outshot regularly. He also was obviously mishandling PK, Lars Eller and numerous others; equally obviously, he lost the room quite some time ago. MB and Dudley also were unimaginative men who also preached character and sometimes ignored skilled players to get less talented ones with that “character.”

Yet, which team would I rather be behind now? Which team am I today proud to be a fan of? Which team gives its best more often?

Sid and Geno thought practices were too long and too hard, and that there wasn’t enough fun. Really? Bylsma called them out too often. The Pens drafted small skilled players who didn’t have enough grit or sandpaper.

Well, stats and skill are important, but aren’t the only important factors. Heart and grit (“character”) do count for something (size does too, but it’s size of the heart, not necessarily physical stature). When we read about how players are handled, there’s a lot more that we don’t know.

We have, for the first time in years, people at the top who know what they’re doing and who don’t pander to the lowest common denominator. Regardless of the result tonight, good job, Mssrs. Molson, Bergevin and Therrien. You’ve made me proud to be a Habs fan this year. And MB, keep dancing, swearing and otherwise wearing your heart on your sleeve when you’re in the pressbox suite. It helps us to know you’re as passionate a fan as any of us.

39. Butterface says:

Hi-Yo ! Silver ! Away !

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

40. Cal says:

Gimme a Go Habs Go!

41. Prop says:

Probably the only way I’ll be able to sleep tonight…

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

42. smiler2729 says:

A lot of signs point to Montreal winning this, not so many point to Boston…

_______________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam.
    Gary Bettman is a bobblehead.
    The “CH” in CHOKE stands for Toronto Maple Leafs.

43. Danno says:

One hour to go…

I’m going bananas here.

Just sayin’

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

44. Gerry H says:

My son is over for the game (as he has all series), four awesome filet mignons in one hand, four Beau’s Fesitvale Ales in the other. Barbie’s up to temp and I just realized my stomach’s doing so many flip-flops, I’m not that hungry.

I’ll just have to muddle through.

Enjoy the match, mes amis.

45. stevieray says:

The only think that worries me tonite is if the refs put the whistles away early and the Bruins get away with all kinds of their normal shit !…to me obvious penalties need to be called ,at least for the first 2 periods..and from then on let the score dictate things .

We have shown we can play with them ….if the palying field ( ice surface ) is level …

Who’s doing the game ??

46. Cal says:

Book of Hab
    Chapter 14
    p.11

And lo, multitudes of The Faithful gathered in The Temple under the Mount
    To watch the Blessed Ones by the means of their day.
    They awaited the Fate of the Ste-Flanelle, who stood
    Before The Beast in Its very lair.
    Rumour was upon everyone’s lips;
    Many gathered there spake
    Of the Fires of Hell in Its eyes.
    Yet the Blessed Ones blanched not
    And prepared to issue their Doom.

So Sayeth the Book of Hab

47. Mr. Biter says:

Been texting between my cousin in Boston all day. The talking heads down there are all hyping a Bruin win, but the regular fans are very scared of a Habs victory and even he (A big Bruin fan) thinks Habs 2-1. Only one thing to say……. GO HABS GO.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

48. johnnylarue® says:

Re: Haircutgate

I appreciate your concern and support, folks. It’s all very touching, really. ;)

Rest assured, I’ll be tuning in for the end of the second period onward–also known as “the part that actually matters”.

And anyway, with the insane amount of hype surrounding this game, we all know there are only two ways it can go: either one team chokes in an epic manner and the game is decided very early on, or it’ll go a minimum five overtime periods.

Either way, I’m perfectly okay with missing Rene “the Wax Dummy” Rancourt’s flailing vibrato. And the Liveblog will catch me up on everything else.

Oh, and as for the hair, I’ll stop short of posting a pic, but suffice to say I’ve just spent the last month looking like a guy who lost a drunken bet. Need to look respectable for a thing this weekend.

(Thanks for understanding.)

49. byebyegomez says:

The jersey is on. The beer is in the fridge. I am ready for a great game and am cautiously optimistic. Go Habs!

50. Say Ash says:

OK. Work’s done. 90 minutes to get numb enough to be able to watch the game. Wish me luck!

I’ve been out playing (alas, shitty) golf all day so the best I have is a re-post I made at 7AM this morning. For what it’s worth!

The boogeyman for past Hab teams has been their inability to get past physical, dirty teams that play on the edges of the rulebook. Teams like Boston and Philadelphia. Boston plays with a lot of bravado and confidence knowing that they can flaunt the rules other teams play by and somehow get away with it, both in the eyes of the refs and the league. That confidence has now been shaken twice in this series when they were dominated by the Habs. Both times were on Montreal’s home ice so the true litmus test will be on Wednesday in the unfriendly confines of the Boston Garden.

I think there are a few differences from the past. The Carey Price of today is much more confident than the one from the past. The Habs are legitimately able to roll four decent lines and are also getting stellar support from Dmen such as Gorges and Emelin who are playing at the height of their games. The team is also able to generate more offense as witnessed by the play of MaxPac and Vanek in game six. To be fair, it also helps that the Bruins have some key players experiencing major slumps as well as the dozen Bruin pucks that have hit the iron. However, the Habs seem to be firing on all cylinders right now as witnessed by the play of lesser lights such as Weaver, Weise, Bournival and Bourque.

Scoring the first goal will be crucial for the Habs. More so than Boston. That statement may be a cliché but it’s also a truism. A level playing field with unbiased referees would also give the Habs a chance to show it’s true colours. Much like golf, a 7th, deciding game is all about what is going on in a player’s head. The Habs, who just put forth an all-out clinic on how to beat the Boston Bruins, now must believe more than ever before that there is no reason why they can’t be the team, that after 20 years, is truly ready to accept the passing of the torch. Each player will have to excel in their specific role that they are assigned, to capitalize on their natural skill and experience and display the heart to want it more, no matter what that may take at any given point in the game. Even though Boston will be favoured in game 7, as they should be, Montreal’s players need to reach back into the team’s rich history of 24 Cups to find that spiritual and mental edge that will once again return glory to our beloved team.

Carey! Carey! Carey!

24.4 Cups

52. Grabbed The Cup says:

I didn’t think I could love Chris Nilan any more than I already did, but what a rant!

You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can’t stand little notes on my pillow. “We’re all out of cornflakes. F.U.” Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Unger!

53. DipsyDoodler says:

Hey remember 4 days ago when the Pens were up 3-1 and people were writing articles about Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, and Boston, and how they were “successful franchises”? And how you had to copy them. etc …

And now Shero and Bylsma might get the boot.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• Habcouver says:

I will always remember how adamant Bob Cole was, saying the Rangers are done.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

• gumper says:

Although in Bob’s defence, he really thought it was going to be Pitt’s fourth win. So, it was a case of elderly confusion, not arrogance.
        The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        Mark Twain

• kevin says:

I don’t know, Shero has a pretty good team, not sure if he signed Fleury to that miserable contract, but just missing a few pieces. But i all reality, they’re screwed, they can’t maintain that core of players with the salary cap. And that’s why MB has to be very careful the next couple of years. It’s ok to have a couple or few stars as a foundation, but if you can’t surround them with players that can win, you are in trouble………….hence, Pittsburgh, Washington and now Toronto with Kessell, Clarkson and Phaneuf. There is and will be a fine line.

PEIKC

54. JUST ME says:

Going out for a walk. Need air,need to change my mind and need to kill time badly !

55. DipsyDoodler says:

Those of you who think it’s fun to watch game 7, please teach us how you do it.

—–
    Seeking. Enlightenment.

56. Habcouver says:

Does Julien ever ever ever stop whining about officiating?
    Someone just slap him, please.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

57. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

In the beginning where the Words, and the Words were with God, and the Words were Habs WIN.

58. Danno says:

Here we go! Game Seven!

Tonight’s The Night

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

59. BJ says:

Mike in answer to your question. I will maintain my ritual of bedtime one hour before game time. I will work to support the Habs from the astral plane and will watch my nights work at roughly 9:00 am German time (3:00 am Montreal time). Some of us have to support from another plane of awareness and I volunteered.

60. Storman says:

John Fogerty blasting getting me amped ,

61. Storman says:

OK i wanted Team Canada to win Gold as bad as possibly can be,, but I dont think it is possible to want a win more badly than i do for tonight.. GO HABS GO,,

62. JUST ME says:

I think that the other 28 teams are with us tonight, the Leafs want to see how you win a game 7 and the NHL would not mind seeing the Bruins being thought a lesson however tight that serie has been.

I see so many reasons why we will win it`s unbelievable.
    Whatever happens this team has reached a new plateau and as a bonus lets us see that the future looks promissing.

63. HabSgt says:

Gotta do everything exactly the same as I did for game six…see you all at McKibbins…

Winter is coming.

64. mark-ID says:

speaking on last thread of Bob Cole……nothing gives me goosebumps like listening to him call game 2 vs the LA Kings in the finals. DEESSSSJJJAAARRRDDDIINNNSSS!

This is how we will feel tonight!

65. Storman says:

Put me in coach i am ready to play today,, GO HABS GO

66. Chrisadiens says:

On the topic of superstition and sports.

In 2000, the NY Mets had one of their few magical playoff runs. I was watching the game with my father. It was a close game, back and forth. Who they were playing escapes me but I think it was the NLCS. My father was a wreck. He was dripping sweat with a towel over his head, rocking back and forth like a mental patient. I had to use the bathroom, so off I went. While in the bathroom I heard my dad scream with joy.

I opened the door and asked, “What happened!?”
    “Stay in the bathroom! Mets are rallying” My dad screamed at me.
    “Really!?” I asked.
    ” Yep!” He replied with a laugh.

I had to stay in the bathroom for about 15 minutes until the rally was over. As if some magical force was instilled in the Mets by me staying in the bathroom. The Mets won that game and the series, only to lose to the Yanks in the World Series.

I’m seriously debating staying in the bathroom for the game tonight.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

67. secretdragonfly says:

OK, those GP musings are classic – cheese puffs, lol.

68. Prop says:

Win or lose, I’m proud of the Habs.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

69. PK says:

Go Habs Go!!!

Habs 3
    Bruins 1

>>>>> Les Canadiens sont là

70. FB says:

2 hours…. GO HABS

71. Habcouver says:

We should be proud the Habs are exceeding our expectations!

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

72. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!
    GO Habs GO!!!

73. B says:

No matter what happens tonight, how many fans or pundits expected Montreal would be taking the Presidents’ Trophy winners to a game 7 in round 2? They have continued to exceed expectations and hopefully tonight will be more of that. I am really enjoying the ride.

–Go Habs Go!–

74. Just A Guy says:

90% of referees don’t even know charging is in the rule book. It would be like travelling in the NBA if it wasn’t so damned dangerous.

75. UKRAINIANhab says:

76. Da Hema says:

Yep. And he proudly asserted Chara did that when “he was mean.”

77. monmick says:

Yes. Not sure werher he mis-spoke. Try to correct himself by saying “I don’t think Chara meant to do it…”

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

78. UKRAINIANhab says:

Not buying it. Maybe the refs are starbeings?

79. Da Hema says:

Cherry talking out of both sides of his fat mouth. He can’t consistently hold Chara “didn’t mean to do it” and also state Chara did that “when he was mean.

80. Adidess says:

Yes, it was!

81. piper says:

yes, Plek too.

82. Et le but says:

Thanks for your deep insight…

83. D Mex says:

See that door over there – don’t let it hit you in the @ss on the way out. OK ? Thanks …

84. twilighthours says:

Please stop.

85. johnnylarue® says:

YOU know wham talkin’ about.

86. D Mex says:

Sounded like ” awww ” about his stick being held

87. Fansincebirth says:

88. Flanelette says:

you don,t think?

89. habstrinifan says:

I am beginning to think you are a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90. monmick says:

Moron…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

91. chesterfiled says:

Booo!

92. habsfaninboston says:

We knew you could do it.

93. twilighthours says:

Go away

94. jctremblay says:

And then the village idiot has to have his say…lol..Oh please ..DOOOO go on..

95. Et le but says:

TMI bro, TMI

96. Ozmodiar says:

He’s a paper tiger, IMO.

97. Mr. Biter says:

Lucic is a sheep waiting for his Arab sheep herder to console him.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

98. Adidess says:

I don’t think I quite get your schtick. And doubt I’m the only one.

So serene

I’d rather Ram It Down

101. Prop says:

PAINKILLER

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

102. Ton says:

7th best canadian of all time………woh! only canadian team left and he’s wearing a boston bruin suit tonight!!! Hum!

103. TheLogician says:

i agree…too bad we’ll never get to see kordic, vukota, and gazdic unite and steam roll him, oluja style!

104. Ron says:

When is Vancouver part of Serbia ? He maybe nuts and a pig but your ethnic reference is in bad taste.

105. sevenman says:

When the fans on Ste. Catherine start Living after Midnight there might be a little bit of Breaking The Law but not to worry ’cause we are all United………..
    ( British Steel, greatest heavy metal album of all time )……

_________________________________

YES!!!! Best metal song ever!!!!

107. HabFan in Edmonton says:

Don’t worry, I won’t tell anybody.