Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 3: Canadiens win 4-2, take series lead

PKCelebrate

Ginette is undefeated in the playoffs

Ginette Reno sang O Canada for the third time in the playoffs.

The Canadiens have won every game.

The latest was a nailbiter.

First-period goals by Tomas Plekanec and P.K. Subban gave to Canadiens a lead, and Dale Weise made it 3-0 in the second period.

A remarkable redirection by Patrice Bergeron set up a tense third-period.

Andrej Meszaros made it a one-goal lead with 2:16 left. But with Tuukka Rask on the bench for an extra attacker, the Canadiens held the fort and got an empty-net goal by Lars Eller.

Boston outshot the Canadiens 28-26.

Never easy

A late goal by Andrej Meszaros made things interesting.

But the Canadiens withstood two-plus minutes of Boston pressure, and Lars Eller potted an empty-netter to seal the deal.

Third period should be special

Dale Weise took a great head-man pass from Daniel Brière and beat Rask to make it 3-0.

But with a shade over two minutes left, Patrice Bergeron redirected a Torey Krug point shot past Carey Price.

Shots in the period aere 12-12.

Hang on to your hats for the third.

Dangerous lead?

The Canadiens withstood an early Boston surge and got goals from Tomas Plekanec and P.K. Subban to take a 2-0 lead.

P.K.'s goal was spectacular. Fresh out of the penalty box, he took a Lars Eller feed and deked Tuukka Rask.

Canadiens outshot the Bruins 10-9 and outhit them 17-11.

Must-win?

It's not an elimination game.

But after being outplayed twice in Boston – while gaining a split – the Canadiens will have to be better on home ice in Game 3.

Carey Price has been superb in the series, as has P.K. Subban. The Canadiens' power-play has clicked on four of its nine advantages, and the penalty-kill is is 6-for-6.

But the Canadiens are strugling at even strength. And the top line of David Desharnais, Max Pacioretty and Thomas Vanek has underwhelmed. Boston's comebacks in Games 1 and 2 have included long stretches of chaos in the Canadiens' defensive zone. And Price's heroics have been accomplished despite a parade of Bruins crashing the net and effectively screening point shots.

Crease-clearing defenceman Douglas Murray is expected to draw in for Francis Bouillon.

Puck drops 7:10ish.

Check back later for live game blogging.

• Ominous stat, courtesy of my man Paul Antoniadis: Since 2010, Boston has won 12 straight Game 3s.

1,559 Comments

1. UKRAINIANhab says:

Kelly Hrudey is a very good analyst

2. montreal ace says:

When Murray hits its what I call a hit, too many contact touches are called hits

3. ffenliv says:

Anyone who reads me here knows I love the CBC. I can even tolerate Stock, though I firmly believe they could replace him and not miss a beat.

Earlier, though he was just moronic. Says he doesn’t like the +/- stat – a fair opinion; I’m not wild about it either.

Then he uses it to bash Plekanec because it’s the only thing he can find to do it with.

Basically, he said “I don’t think this stat means anything at all, except in relation to this guy, who obviously sucks because of it.”

• Butterface says:

I would take no stock in what he says.

***********************
      If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
      ***********************

4. johnnylarue says:

“Through 55 playoff games, teams have come back from two-goal deficits 11 times. In all of last year’s postseason, it happened eight times.”

This has happened in 20% of all playoff games this year!? Bonkers.

5. WindsorHab-10 says:

Don’t mean to be rude but I’m so nervous that my balls are beating because that’s where my heart is. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!

6. Marc10 says:

Bourni and Gallagher eh. Speed kills. Go kids go!

7. Habitant in Surrey says:

…if Craig Simpson is ‘shocked’ about Murray playin’, I’m traumatised

8. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

Make me forget the last game.

GO Habs GO!!!

9. UKRAINIANhab says:

Cbc is “shocked” Murray is in. give me a break…

10. Marc10 says:

Listening to Aboriginal music here in Sydney on a beautiful morning. I’m summoning the ghosts and sending them your way. Go Habs Go! Tonight we feast on Bear!

11. UKRAINIANhab says:

Prust better not play.

12. Danno says:

That’s a killer stat Boone brought up:

Boston has outscored the Canadiens 8-3 at even strength.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

13. Butterface says:

I just ordered and ate 1/2 a Hab Pizza….

(Hot peppers, Ananas, Beef (gound beef).

About to pour myself a rum and coke.

I have CBC on …. they still haven’t fired Glen Healy. Too bad.

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

14. montreal ace says:

Lets hope our coach drives the team to a great result

15. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Brad Marchand, answering to Scott Oake the Bruins need to have more ‘discipline; ‘yeah We may need to play more within the rules…’

Did Boone say this will be the first time Peel/Rooney effed Boston? If so, I’m good with that!

17. Dougie Hamilton, you should have kept your mouth shut!

Take it to em Canadiens, right off the Bat, three goals in the 1st, 1 in the second, and 1 in the third!

GO HABS GO

Shane Oliver
    @sholi2000
    A Little fun during the Intermission
    Brandon Predators

18. monmick says:

Game on; mes ami(e)s…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

19. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

If Ryan White is not good enough to play against the Bruins with injuries to the vets, then what is the point of having him on the team? Give him a shot already…

20. Habcouver says:

What a weak statement from Dougie (you’re an adult, “Doug” is more appropriate) Hamilton about Pricey’s weakness down low. Even Julien discounted such a stupid claim.

21. UKRAINIANhab says:

Pj stock chirping Plekanev YET AGAIN. F you Pj ya Turd

What the Hell does PJ Stock know about a player being a shutdown player.

23. BCG says:

As much of the Habs fan I have been lo these 40 years, let me just say that Boston is a better built team than the Habs. They have a little bit of everything (speed, grit, size, quickness) while the Habs have alot of some (speed, quickness – a bit of grit). But – I feel the Habs are better at discipline thanks to…wow.. Therrien. So THAT said….

The Habs will need to continue their game plan, but for the third, if the Boys have the lead then what I feel they need to do is exploit their good PK by… and this will sound counter-intuitive – goading the Bruins and taking penalties. The Bruins have a game plan in the third that thrives on focus – throw them off. Poke. Prod. Nudge. Get in their skin and then batten down the hatches. It occurs anyways, but a) you can ice the puck and b) hopefully their focus is off winning and on revenge.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Bear in mind also (sorry!) that the league-leading Bruins have been playing at full capacity and yet achieved only a split in Boston while Montreal’s play has been seriously under-par.

Tonight we play way better — and at home — while they play the same….

• BCG says:

(Making this statement with a 2-0 lead) I think those terms are relative – Bruin fans may make the opposite proposition. Honest – Montreal played great games, except for the third when they couldn’t control Boston and Price showed his passive youth.

24. Danno says:

I’ve been keeping stats.

The Habs do better when there is visible cleavage behind Michel Therrien

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

25. Danno says:

I wouldn’t say it’s a “must win” game.

But it surely is a better-win-it type of game.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

26. Dunboyne Mike says:

@WVHabsfan.
    Fair play to you!
    By coincidence, the current Sunday Edition from CBC includes a 22-minute segment which might help/encourage you. I just heard it today, thought it was great. Best of luck! Here it is:

• Maritime Ronn says:

As expressed previously…
      If Dunboyne Mike (aka Ireland Mike) would be Secretary General of the UN, this world would be a better place…

27. Danno says:

Let’s get this party started…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

28. Maritime Ronn says:

Dear Mr. Boone

A special Call-Out….. to YOU specifically, before this crucial and critical game!

Lost in so much of this fun stuff and exchanges, has been this creation of a very special platform provided BY YOU for so many to share, exchange, and get to know one another – be that at a Summit, or via email exchanges for those who may have missed…or just by simple expressions of opinion and exchanges of posts.

BRAVO to you, Mr. Boone!

29. RockinRey says:

Habs could have dressed 7 d! The last couple games bournival and someone else played sparingly. If you feel like Murray is not working out at least a guy like beaulieu and his mobility could help.

——————————————————————————————————
    ‘This organization going forward must set its sights on competing for the game’s ultimate prize every season — and no lesser standard should be accepted.’
    —Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president

30. montreal ace says:

Here we are, names have been call, and these players will be put to the test tonight I want to see total effort, every shift, this is when players repay, the loyalty and trust given to them by the coaches and management. I relate to effort, as its something I see in faces, and I can see when a man is working hard

31. RockinRey says:

Over/under on number of times cbc flashes to MB?

——————————————————————————————————
    —Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president

• habcertain says:

every time the Habs score, looking forward to a full fledged Riverdance concert

• RockinRey says:

We know he is living and dying with each goal

——————————————————————————————————
        —Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president

• Dunboyne Mike says:

HC. Eye-to-eye is good. Cheers.

On a separate matter, are you and I really the only posters advocating hitting Chara in the corner every time? ie. not trying to run him (who could?), but just making that physical contact to which his entitled ass objects so strongly. I’ve seen it put him off his game so many times….

32. RockinRey says:

Briers,eller pleky,and patches have to step up! It’s amazing how much having chunky in the line ups the skill level in the lineup(something the organization has to continue to draft to replace vanes and otherwise make it more difficult to play against)

——————————————————————————————————
    —Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president

33. maciekhockey says:

Murray ? We need luck tonight

34. Mondou6 says:

Who’s representing HIO at the game tonight?

35. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Huge game tonight. If the Habs can’t slow down the Bruins fore-check at home with the match-ups, they are in trouble. On the other hand, if Rask lets in the first goal, he is going to get roasted by the crowd. Will he collapse afterwards…hope so.

36. WVHabsfan says:

@Hobie. I am sure I will make an ass out of myself sober!! Ha ha ha

37. habsfan0 says:

Tuukka Rask’s record vs the Habs 4-11-3.

Just score early on this guy to put him in the proper frame of mind and 4-12-3 will be his updated record.

38. Adidess says:

Positive thoughts ahead of tonight’s game.

1. Last game was first Habs loss in the playoffs and it nearly wasn’t one. Being in the middle of Round 2 and having lost one game in total means zero reason to panic.

2. In 8 periods of playoff hockey against the Bruins, they have led all of 11 mns. They’re the ones who should consider themselves lucky.

3. Bell Center is homecourt advantage with this crazy crowd, and we only need to protect homecourt to win the series.

4. We’re 4-2 against Boston this year and have yet to lose to them at home this season.

5. We can score on Rask. He’s an excellent goalie but he’s almost never a difference maker for Boston when we play, at least not in the positive sense.

Let’s go boys, we can win this one. I will have to miss the first quarter, maybe the first half of the game, but positive vibes all the way!!!

39. Da Hema says:

Boone wrote: “Ominous stat, courtesy of my man Paul Antoniadis: Since 2010, Boston has won 12 straight Game 3s.”

Isn’t 13 unlucky?

40. Cal says:

Book of Hab
    Chapter 14
    p.7

And so the multitudes gathered under the Royal Mount
    At the preordained place and time.
    The Faithful had waited lifetimes and were
    Prepared for The Beast and its minions.
    And lo, a clear voice rose into the heavens
    And the Faithful joined in, knowing they
    Were on the edge of the knife.
    Yet they sang and rejoiced, for The Beast
    Had no power over them.

So sayeth the Book of Hab.

41. RockinRey says:

I would have subbed beau lieu in font Frankie!
    Habs have to stand up at their blue line and close gap between forwards and d! And they have to stop falling all over the place and be firmer on skates.
    I see 3-2 habs win!

——————————————————————————————————
    —Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president

42. Da Hema says:

My greatest hope is that Marchand is a “Starley Cup Champian” this year….whatever that is!

43. WVHabsfan says:

Thanks for the encouragement!! It is appreciated!’

44. Marc10 says:

College Boy is going to take the Bruins to school tonight. Patches for the win (in OT no less). Go Habs Go!

• Le Jadester says:

I hope so…….cause that stat from Paul the Greek (12 game 3 wins in a row) is scary!

If we win tonight?……..I think we steal the series in seven!

Habs, OLE !

45. WVHabsfan says:

Off topic. Is anyone out there a former drinker? I need to quit and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and go Habs go!

46. Hobie says:

The Boston defence is no pushover. Tukka Rask is a good goaltender.

Flip to the playoffs. There is no Dennis Seidenberg or Adam McQuaid. Two defencemen that helped them win the cup and make it to the finals, missing! Rask is shaky at best against Montreal.

Putting up good numbers in the regular season is one thing, when teams are giving it anywhere from 60% to 80%. This is the playoffs, teams are going at 100%. Bruins defence hasn’t looked good.

47. Chris says:

Nervous night…two must-win games.

Montreal cannot lose Game 3 on home ice. I don’t like their chances if the Bruins win this one. The Bell Centre is going to be absolutely crazy, so the big question is whether the Habs can harness that energy in a good way, or if they are going to try to do too much. They have to avoid giving up any early goals that sap the momentum the crowd is going to try to give them.

Meanwhile, Guelph heads up to North Bay tied 1-1 in the OHL finals. The Storm offence has been sluggish in this series, struggling to get their passes through the jungle of limbs and sticks that they’re seeing in the North Bay zone. Guelph hasn’t lost consecutive games since November 7-8, a run of 71 regular season and playoff games. Now would be a really bad time for that rather amazing run of resilience to end.

North Bay, a good hockey town celebrating a surprise run to the Finals in the first season since OHL hockey returned to the city, is going to be absolutely nuts tonight. The Storm have their work cut out for them.

Time to warm up my channel-flipping thumb. :)

• UKRAINIANhab says:

Wouldn’t call it a must win. But it if we lose game 4 would be a must win.

• Chris says:

I honestly think this one is a must-win. The Bruins comebacks have to be worrying the Habs, so they need a strong game tonight to get their confidence back.

If the Bruins win tonight, it will be really tough to get doubt back into their minds. That was why Game 2 was so disappointing. The Bruins were frustrated, angry and losing focus. But by winning that game, they got the gift of knowing that they can win even when they aren’t playing their best after losing when they did play their best (albeit with some bad luck).

• JohnInTruro says:

Chris 100% agree. You could almost feel it (certainly see it), we certainly had them losing their minds and gripping their sticks. If we could have sealed up that game it would have been devastating to Boston. We absolutely need to win this tonight. Our success against the B’s has been our ability to frustrate them. a B win tonight and their arrogant confidence will be almost too strong to contend with…

• habcertain says:

did they play in Brantford before?

48. habstrinifan says:

Just when I was thinking “Man it’s lonely being a HABS fan in Basel, Switzerland….. up pops this German speaking guy ..pointed at me and blurted out…

“Sie haben einen guten Hut”

Already in a kick-arse frame of mind, I went into my ‘zulu attack crouch’ when I realized he was smiling from ear to ear and I remembered I was wearing my HABS hat.

As my new BFF might say “Wir sind eins, und wir sind überall.”

We are one and we are everywhere.

Gutes Spiel tonight boys!!!!!!!!.. You too Boone…. I need you tonight.

• UKRAINIANhab says:

If you plan to go to Bern take in the clocktower and Bear zoo (yes the bear zoo, it was really cool)

• habstrinifan says:

Thank you. We were just looking at Bern attractions an hour or so ago( I am actually staying in Neuchatel). We will be going to Bern tomorrow if it is not raining or Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up re the clock tower especially.

• Fransaskois says:

I tried to convert as many locals as I could while I was living in Germany. They do seem to prefer soccer though…. Something about the total lack of excitement on the field always had me watching Classic Habs replays by the end of the night….

49. Psycho29 says:

Rod Francis‏ @InRodWeTrustMTL ·4 mins

McGuire says Bruins engaging in major trash talk targeting Pacioretty..players saying “he’s a college boy and a pretty boy.”

50. bjmmn says:

12 straight Game 3’s for Boston, eh, Boone? Seems we busted a 12-streak not too long ago…

51. The Teacher says:

Tonight will be a real solid win for us.

52. Butterface says:

Rask is really ugly. Maybe he should play without a mask for the next few games. Might improve his look.

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

53. Habitant in Surrey says:

Embellishment City, Part 2: Boston Bruins’ hypocrisy on diving goes viral (VIDEO); credit to a Canucks Fan, MAKAVELI719696, …and Comedy Central

…a few gasps and yuks before game time …(as if We need more red-meat to raise the hostility to a D-Day level :) )

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

54. Danno says:

Therrien has the last line change. The first line will be able to play when Chara is off…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

55. montreal ace says:

The timeline for the series has benefited Boston quite a lot so far, they have had quite an edge, as far as routine goes. I think the series starts tonight, as far as game reediness is concerned. I know as a fan who was just watching, everything was off kilter.

We can, and we will.!
    Winner of tonight’s contest will win this series.
    The better team so far have been those dirty bears.

I am going out for some single malt.
    I met a great HIO AND Hab fan today at the bank! Joe B. from Tweed!
    Sorry Joe B. I forgot your last name my friend. Enjoy the game.

57. B says:

Save%s so far this series: Price .917 Rask .885

–Go Habs Go!–

• Chris says:

In this case, I’m not sure that the numbers are all that revealing. Both guys have probably been better than the number. Rask has given up one soft goal out of 7, and Price has given up maybe 1 or 2 (and both are arguable) that he might want another crack at. The rest were unstoppable or just flat-out stupid luck.

• Singaporehabsfan says:

I am not so sure about Rask. He let in a five holer and a couple of wrist shots from the blue line…

Pathetic leafs flatulent bruins

• Chris says:

Both of Vanek’s were deflections, Weaver’s came after some goaltender interference by Prust (far worse than what had Palat’s goal called off, truth be told), Bouillon’s was unstoppable as he couldn’t see it.

Subban’s second was a slap-shot that he couldn’t see and that deflected off Chara in front of him. His first was a wrist-shot through Chara that he never saw.

The only one I thought was soft was Bourque’s.

58. Cal says:

It’s Gally birthday, and JB’s great story bears repeating.
    Have a belly laugh before the game at: http://johnbellyful.weebly.com/

59. montreal ace says:

I am really starting to miss Chucky, the teams seems to be more exciting when he plays.

60. Garbo says:

I am ready for win number 2 of Habs five game series win.

61. RetroMonkey says:

Tonight, your Habs start to feel the pain of playing the Bruins.

??Bruins will win with Rask in nets??

62. Psycho29 says:

They mentioned on Melnick’s show that Annakin Slayd will do the opening for HNIC tonight and he managed to take a shot at Cherry and McLean which the CBC execs Ok’d….

Here’s his latest video: Rock the Sweater

63. Forgive the comment Boone et al, but Price has been Superb? Two games and nine goals (albeit one empty net) does not warrant a “superb” comment. Geez… he’s been good, but didn’t see the Dougie shot going the other way, didn’t close the gap between the post and was down on Paille and well, I can get picky but won’t since he saved plenty of good scoring chances, but superb? Nope.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• montreal ace says:

Oldschool, Price has out played Rask by a large margin

• Chris says:

I wouldn’t say that. Rask has stopped everything you can expect him to stop, with the exception of the Bourque goal in Game 1.

Price has stopped everything you can expect him to stop, with the possible exceptions of the Krug goal (and that was a tough one) or the Hamilton goal (which he probably didn’t see).

Basically, both guys are dialed in and playing well. This one is unlikely to be decided by a goaltender cracking, so the players are going to have to work for the wins.

• habcertain says:

you have to watch the games…1st was around 50 shots, 2nd was stellar save thru the first 2 periods just to get us to the 3rd. Bruins have dominated territorial play and an avalanche of point blank slot shots.

64. Habfan17 says:

The Habs do have some players with size. They don’t have to go around trying to throw BIG hits, they do need to finish their checks with some authority and use their size and speed to force their way through checks.

If Bourque, Eller, Patches and Vanek step it up tonight, the Habs should be in good shape! That isn’t to say the other players don’t have to raise their game for 60 minutes, just that these guys can be difference makers and some, like PK, have already raised their game!

Habfan17

65. scrotchland says:

well tonite is the all important game.
    like I said before I hope Im wrong but I said bruins 4 straight and that starts tonight….
    Rah rah georges should have been taken out of the lineup, way too much money for a shot blocking cheerleader.
    and that genios therian will find a way to lose. back to unemployment after this series.
    Look for the bruins to extract revenge on the much smaller smurfs.

66. silverfox says:

Lets go

67. johnnylarue says:

Anyone else feel like these playoffs have already been going on forever? And it’s Round 2, Game 3??

I don’t know how much more punishment my nervous system can handle–and we’re not even at the halfway mark yet!!

• DipsyDoodler says:

Dont worry. The Habs are past their halfway mark.

Sadly.

—–
      Moving. Forward.

• johnnylarue says:

Yes, and thankfully I’m already too much of a wreck to feel any heartbreak at this point.

Gonna try muting the TV and playing “Spanish Fly” on repeat to keep things light for tonight’s game.

• habcertain says:

you can’t be 1st to post then be Debbie Downer, I will await the outcome of this game, but I am very afraid.

68. Colombiahabs says:

Ya I think some added muscle is necessary about now.
    Too bad about Prust we need him at his best against these clowns

69. Danno says:

DROP THE PUCK!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

70. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Boston has won 12-straight game 3’s. Earlier this season we ended their 12-game winning streak. So what’s the problem?

X X X X X 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

71. DuckDodgers says:

Hello hockey fans from coast to coast.
    And if the esteemed Danny Gallivan were alive today, he’d say welcome to Habs fans beyond Canada’s shores.

72. DipsyDoodler says:

Who’d a thunk it?

—–
    Moving. Forward.

73. DipsyDoodler says:

Nurse!

—–
    Moving. Forward.

74. Captain aHab says:

Man that weather must have played havoc with the Sens’ golf game.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

75. ont fan says:

I wish the refs would call all 18 penalties against the Bruins instead of just a token 6.

76. CalgaryHab says:

Don’t you need to go and tweet something about PK?

77. Agreed! Should have been on his ass

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

78. Deflected

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

79. Haberoooo13 says:

Strengthening his Bruins one as a punk whiner

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

80. Marc10 says:

They’re all a bunch of whiners. What a hit!

81. CalgaryHab says:

He tarnished it as soon as signed with the B’s.
    May the cup forever elude him.

82. port elgin says:

He tarnished himself by going to the Bruins

83. twilighthours says:

Hey Jon! Haven’t seen you in a while! I trust you learned something about offside?

84. DipsyDoodler says:

Don’t be so passive-aggressive.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

85. Chris says:

I liked Murray a few years ago, when he played for the Sharks. I just find him painful to watch now.

86. Colombiahabs says:

we drafted one last year .. he is on his way!

87. Chris says:

Cheeky. (But I’m laughing.)

88. Dunboyne Mike says:

I wanted him in tonight, but I knew what the tradeoff would be. However, I forgot how terrifying it would be! Nearly every time Boston controlled the puck in our end. Felt like about 3 weeks.

89. frontenac1 says:

The Bruins find him painful too amigo.

90. Chris says:

front: He had some nice hits. But let’s not sugar-coat it…the cycle was most active in his corner, and he was running around badly a few times.

He played well when the play was coming at him…but at soon as the cycle was set up in the Habs zone, he was scary for both teams.

91. Ron says:

He has had his monents Chris but he has not seen game action for some weeks now. I honestly think he will be better as he plays more.

92. chesterfiled says:

Nah! Bruins cycle was much more panicked, puck still in CH zone too long, but my eyes saw pressured passing with much less creativity. Respect for for big 6, who may be slow, but who puts their their body parts near an active crankshaft

93. twilighthours says:

Cheers!

I doubt I’ll get a response. After all, I know nothing about hockey.

94. Max says:

Pig Julien oink oink.Whiney potato headed fool. Have a box of donuts sir.

95. chesterfiled says:

He is just playing with hurt feelings of being fired from a previous CH management. If the Bruins lost overtime or eliminated easily in round 2 of ’11, he would be current coach of CH. Yikes, I prefer MT 2.0

96. habs-fan-84 says:

No he didn’t; rookie year and started off with a separated shoulder.

97. twilighthours says:

Great! Good to have you around.

98. habstrinifan says:

CRISP!

99. Mr_MacDougall says:

Ehhh ohhhh

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

100. chesterfiled says:

Oh la!

101. dr. schmutzdeker says:

Bootiful

102. Storman says:

I have been saying it all year,, the all star game a couple of years ago he was lights out skilled to the max in skills contest

103. DipsyDoodler says:

If you have 5 average D men plus a Norris winner, you’re doing well.

But I would take Krug and Hamilton on our team.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

104. Cal says:

1P 16:40 Two good blueline plays by Murray

105. twilighthours says:

I dislike your posts, Scotland.

But we share a common bond.

106. Dunboyne Mike says:

I share the feeling, Scot, but have to believe Tinordi isn’t ready. Boston is superb at pressing us in our own zone — I would foresee Tinordi as out-of-his-depth even worse than during the season. But his day will come.

107. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I think it will happen next year as Tinordi will play with PK. As for now, Gorges is the best option to play the tough minutes with PK even though he is not a top 2 D-man.

108. SnowManHabs85 says:

I dislike how “calm” Gorges seems to be at “passing” the puck to Bruins and how more “alert” he is to blocking the shot more than not giving it away..

Win is a win, but I hope we win.

109. chesterfiled says:

You should of deleted first paragraph. It reads like like you are a damaged adult. Agree with the rest

110. Mr. Biter says:

I agree. Believe he had the highest faceoff win/loss % on Habs but who to take out. Nice to have depth.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

111. punkster says:

Thing is those face off numbers are due to him being a 4th liner, facing off against 4th liners. How do you think he’d do against the br00nz top 3 centres?

Release the Subbang!!!

112. frontenac1 says:

Granlund with a beauty. Wild 2-0 in 3rd.

113. Cal says:

Yup. He gets no respect. Murray played like a bull in a China shop tonight. Weaver did great, too. The best, by far, was PK.

114. twilighthours says:

Corrected? That seems to happen to you.

115. JohnBellyful says:

GREAT WHAAAAAT???
    Oh, flick. Uh, yeah.

116. Mr. Biter says:

Thank God Lee was not Refing.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

117. Cal says:

You’re killing me, JB. :D

118. Mr. Biter says:

During the regular season White took many faceoffs while on the PK.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

119. JohnBellyful says:

Don’t be blamin’ me.
    But if I end up in court, I’ll plead not guilty by reason of inanity.

120. Say Ash says:

Lol slow down man! Thursday!

121. twilighthours says:

You are so up and down. I can’t keep track.

122. Dunboyne Mike says:

Please reassess next season, Dan. Knee rebuilds REALLY slow a guy down and require much adaptation and patience.

123. Cal says:

Think he’s BiHabular?

124. chesterfiled says:

Every game. This until 26 is the new mole hill.

Weise did after his goal.

126. Mattyleg says:

I WISH ELLER HAD THUMPED HIS CHEST.

GRAMMAR, PLEASE.