Liveblog: Another blown lead

CelebrationinPitt

Scott Gomez in a Shootout?

Shootout:

Letang: Save!

DD: Save

Malkin: Goal

AK46: Broken stick!!

Neal: Save

Gomez: Save

1,018 Comments

1. PrimeTime says:

Boone,
    After the puck drops for the 3rd, can you please tell us what line is on.

• Jim Edson says:

Should be the same line that started the game.

———————————————————————-
      What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

They tell him what they want done and he works to make it happen through his subordinates while making sure that individual franchises play by the rules.

******** Translated if you haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 40 years your NHL team is becoming irrelevant in a sports mad city long behind MLB, NFL and NBA teams, you just tell the commissioner(who you gave a new contract at 7 plus million per) to make it happen and the rules are bent sufficiently to action the command.

• zorro says:

I loved watching the replays of Markov and Kovalev, when we had a real PP.

2. temekuhabs says:

Like how many fights Brunet had?? Tool

3. Jim Edson says:

Subban all show and no go!

Denis makes excuses for him but he clearly didn’t look and blindly threw that backhand pass directly to a Pittsburgh forward.

Then he goes for the big hit misses and allows a 2 on 1.

Never changes! Never learns!

YA YA he’s only 21!

———————————————————————-
    What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

• aj says:

Honestly, I’m starting to believe what JM said about him in L’Antichambre.

• Jim Edson says:

Is it over confidence or just plain stubbornness/stupidity?

———————————————————————-
        What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

• Mad Habber says:

To me it looks more like frustration.

Personally I think he has a bit of that ‘losers mentality’ that Cammalleri was talking about. Why wouldn’t he? He has been a target for media, and opposition players since he stepped into the league. Remember the it PK’s fault crazy from last year? Now add into a struggling team, a struggling player and what do you expect?

Keep in mind he is only 21, and you all are expecting him to act like a 35 year old.

• zorro says:

Those types of plays are unacceptable.

I still think the Habs are going to finish between 10th and 12th in the East, but they’re playing a good game tonight. Two brain fart defensive zone lapses less and it’d be 4-0.

5. slapshot777 says:

Looks like Adams just picked up a misconduct penalty at the end there for punching at Patches. Pittsburgh are so childish when they are losing. Letang is a dirty player yet he can give it but can’t take it.

6. aj says:

Watching RDS feed right now. By the sound of the Bell, you can see RC’s face really pissed off while watching his team go back to the dressing room. That tells something. Oh Boy! Subban is really going to have it I guess….

7. CharlieHodgeFan says:

PK isn’t playing himself out of his sophomore slump. He will, but since he keeps freezing and doing the opposite of what the coaches must be telling him to do, they should bring Brisebois in to explain the fine points of playing NHL defence to him.
    Every time he handles the puck under pressure deep in his own zone, I feel like I’m being chased by a giant winter tree and I discover I’m driving a Kia.

8. HabsFanMTL says:

should always put our bad boys out there in the last minute! ……..oh wait we don’t have any………come on ryan white!!!

9. Frank2468 says:

Wow I can’t believe PK, talking back to Cunneyworth and trying to explain why he screwed up so much on that play. That’s a recipe for trade he needs to keep his mouth shut. Theres no excuse for that mistake. Just like the other night yelling at Karberle for not shooting. He may be right but its not his place to yell at a vet like that. Maybe that’s why Gill has given up on talking to him and trying to teach him. If he keeps it up won’t be surprised if he’s traded at the deadline.

• EricInStL says:

Correct, someone has to step in, fast. Too bad, nobody will do it from management. By being a temporary coach RC has no credibility or authority to discipline him. We’ll see.

10. TomThompson says:

Hahaha there’s so much booing audible from the RDS box.

11. riddler says:

Decline the penalty!!!!

12. Mondou6 says:

I’m stuck watching the Pittsburgh feed, these two asshats are only better than the Bruins’ announcers.

It’s like watching the Home Shopping Network. They have been hocking cheesey sports bags all game long. Hurry, only 10 left! Oh wait, we just made 200 more available…Hurry! Order now!

How do people in Pittsburgh watch this crap?

13. HabsFanMTL says:

Yemelin is a keeper!

14. topher5468 says:

Pittsburgh Announcers making excuses about the Pens playing last night while we rested, thats to damn bad. I hate Bob Errey and Douche Steggy

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

Habs have some good size on the wings with Cole, Pacioretty and Kostitsyn, Bourque, Blunden.

16. Mad Habber says:

That drunk that has been roaring over Randorf and Turco all night on TSN finally found the mike.

17. HabsFanMTL says:

don’t see Arron Asham out there tonight

18. LL says:

The dislike for PK by some of his teammates is obvious.

As good as PK can become one day, he’ll run out of teams to play on if he can’t mature.

• ffenliv says:

This growing dislike for PK is a funny thing. A year ago, PK was hated by fans of other teams for being selfish, cocky, arrogant, and running his mouth. Everyone rushed to defend him after Mike Richards commented on this.

Now, a year later, it seems that the PK that other players might have been seeing on the ice is percolating up through the television to the fans.

I love the kid. I love his flair. I do not love what I see as his refusal to back up his mouth, or his hits, with other physical play, and his penchant for making lazy and arrogant mistakes is pretty annoying.

I hope they hold onto him, and that he can figure it out. If he is playing like this by this time next year, can his ass.

• EricInStL says:

It’s the new management team which will have to put PK in his place and put the others in their place when the NEW team will be in place after this season.

• LL says:

I love the kid too, but this season, he reminds me of a 10-year-old.

The stuff on the ice doesn’t bother me as much as the fact he’s disliked by his teammates, it affects the game.

No matter how “professional” they are, how can they have team chemistry if they have feuds with each other? It forces people to take sides. Horrible.

Like you said, if they can’t fix this and fast, I’m afraid he’ll be gone.

• Mad Habber says:

” his mouth, or his hits, with other physical play”

What are you looking for? He doesn’t need to drop his gloves. That is just the moronic Bruins brigaides yakking.

“his penchant for making lazy and arrogant mistakes is pretty annoying”

I agree, but I would rather watch PK make the mistakes than a guy that has been in the league for 10 years.

“If he is playing like this by this time next year, can his ass.”

I think that’d be a mistake, he needs to be relied on less.

• PrimeTime says:

“genius” is hard to accept. Right HH?

• aj says:

I think Cunneyworth should have a word with him in the 2nd Intermission.

• vanderglenn says:

He’ll mature. I know he has a tendency to run his mouth but when you’re the most sought after player by the opposition night after night, it’s tough to be in a good mood.
      I realize he brings some of that on himself but I still feel he’s handling himself okay.
      In terms of making bad plays, he’s the most pressured d-man we have and the stuff he creates to get out of bad spots is, at times miraculous. Bad plays will happen with him because of how often and hard he is confronted.

• LL says:

Luckily, Immaturity is fixable.

I agree, he has no business playing top minutes yet, but such is the state of the team. It would be a great waste if he doesn’t make it.

19. lavie says:

Cole and Max types of players are what Habs should sign and draft in the future.

20. Duracell3 says:

Fleury has 39 starts……wtf are you doing starting him back-to-back?

21. SmartDog says:

Hey HabsFanSince72,

I gotta admit, you’re one of my favorite posters. Don’t let it go to your head.

But when you posted today about MaxPac not being that good or whatever…. I couldn’t disagree more. The guy is big, finds GREAT position, and has great hands. He’s Cole 2.0. And at only 23, you never know, he could be even better.

SD
    ————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

22. Cape Breton says:

Pk is getting worse every shift.

• aj says:

Like I said, Subban needs to get benched tommorrow. He’s getting way out of his head. The Leafs won’t take him lightly and they’ll take his stupidity at their advantage.

23. brandonhab19 says:

Cole, DD, Patches, Price, Gorges, Eller and Bourque. Let the rebuild focus around them, everyone else show the door. It’s time to get this team good again. And they are the only players on this team worth a damn.

24. slapshot777 says:

I guess Letang didn’t like that Cole pass for a sweet goal. He punches Cole in the back shoulder. Gutless puke. Letang was afraid to fight Patches. Yet he can cowardly punch someone skating away .

25. cmaddy says:

LOL Charliehodgefan

26. TomThompson says:

Crazy sequence there, big hits (and misses), end to end rushes going both way, and finishing with a goal. I like Cole and Patches together.

27. JIMVINNY says:

Looked like patches said something to letang there.

28. temekuhabs says:

4G on 10shots

29. Kimberly2u says:

Budaj will get a goal before Price

30. ffenliv says:

I’d heard people complaining about the colour guy they have on TSN Canadiens, but would never have believed he was THIS bad. Does anyone know his name?

31. aj says:

Max Power is really putting the pump out of his right wrist. I think he’s injured when he scored.

32. Stu says:

It’s a good thing Cole is playing the way he is this year.

• Strummer says:

otherwise what?- We’d miss the playoffs?

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”
      -Dennis Miller

33. Cape Breton says:

I kinda hope the team loses most nites for the rest of the way. In exchange the Ghost gets a lottery pick.

The truth is, we’ve been bad for almost 20 years, but now we’ve hit rock-bottom. It’s time to start from scratch.

34. topher5468 says:

DARCHE, saves PK, what a back check

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

35. slapshot777 says:

I know Subban should have took a look before passing the puck, but where is the winger on that play.

This is the problem this year and it’s the biggest of all. No trust at all for any player to be in a certain area. No one is covering for each other. This is the basics for any hockey and these guys are professionals and just seem to forget it.

36. VancouverHab says:

Cole and MaxPac!!

And WHAT A SAVE to start it off by Budaj!

37. EricInStL says:

Can the team please give the C to Cole ?????

38. madmac says:

Sunbeam was on the ice for that ! Wow

39. temekuhabs says:

Patches!! What a pass by Cole

40. Danno says:

Poetry in motion!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

Budaj has more points than Gomez tonight.

42. Marc10 says:

What the heck has gotten into Plekky. He completely hung PK out to dry on that play. And now Cunney puts him on the ice again. Unbelievable.

43. cmaddy says:

Dear Montreal Canadiens, in addition to the three bottles of rum you are costing my fellow Habs fan, you will also cost us a 55 can case of beer , and a case of immense shame should the dreaded Toronto maple leafs finish with more points than you. DO NOT let this happen.
    Love always,
    Cmaddy

44. madmac says:

Pl had all kinds of time . He did not have to play the puck that way. He deserves to sit.

45. Adidess says:

Subban has no business making that pass to nobody. That said, in practicing the PP you expect to have support there. You have more players than the other team for God sake.

46. TomNickle says:

For those of you who told me today that Jared Tinordi isn’t good offensively and doesn’t have the upside of a Gormley or Gudbrannson. I pray that you get to see him skating and stickhandling through four Owen Sound players on one rush through three zones.

This kid is special. And shame on anyone who says he’s only a big checker.

47. TomNickle says:

This kid is special. And shame on anyone who says he’s only a big checker.

48. piter says:

You gotta look up to see who/where you’re going to pass or clear too.

49. dudurules says:

12 pouces $5

50. EricInStL says:

Subban is explaining that everyone was on the same side and he figured someone would be there.

He is right, but he should not have hurried it. By trying to explain it on the bench, he’s alienating his teammates (whoever is left)

• aj says:

Could he expect for his teammates to be on their side that fast when that’s a PP situation?

Of course, his teammates are waiting for him to make a long pass.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

PK never shuts up long enough to listen – he looks like he’s waiting for the coach to shut up so he can have his say. Does he think the coach can’t see why he did it?
      The kid needs a blabectomy, though it may mean he misses a few games recovering.

51. D Mex says:

Just checked into a hotel in the BC Kootenays : RDS = not likely.
    Grateful for an online game link if anyone has one / thanks :-)

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

52. TomThompson says:

Wow. wtf is pk arguing with the coach about? I love the guy but it makes me nervous when RDS keeps cutting to them gesticulating.

53. VancouverHab says:

“It’s easy to blame the guy who makes the mistake.”

Gee, thanks Mr. TV Colour Commentator Man…..

54. Danno says:

PK is a mess

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

55. duffy says:

Time to put Subban in the stands for a couple .

56. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Does PK miss Hamilton?

57. Chuck says:

For the life of me I can’t figure out why PK would try a no-look pass like that when the team is on the powerplay.

58. PrimeTime says:

And fans think we can get what for Suban??

Subban. Just wow.

60. cmaddy says:

Ok brain dead there

61. VancouverHab says:

Ouch! Subban buddy….

62. Bill says:

Spacek’s comments are honest, legitimate, and unsurprising. Should be sobering. We need a total change of atmosphere. Starts with someone standing up to French media.

Full Breezer 4 Life

63. PrimeTime says:

Halak is amazing!

64. HabsFanMTL says:

can’t wait to get white back, he’ll ram some bodies around

65. habsfan0 says:

Fleury is putting up Price-like numbers tonight.

66. temekuhabs says:

Won’t hear Gionta bashing from me.. Heart of a lion

• HardHabits says:

I agree. Great skater too. One of the best. He’s small though. I am not sold on his captaincy either. IMO he’s also redundant with DD on the team and Gallagher coming up.

67. CharlieHodgeFan says:

We have to give Kaberle credit on that feed to AK. Heads up play.

68. PeterD says:

AK should show PK Subban how to take a wrist shot on the PP instead of those stupid attempts to overpower the shot with a slapper all the time…

69. habsfan0 says:

Habs just scored on the PP. Must be the reverse Boone jinx.

70. temekuhabs says:

What a shot

71. Danno says:

AK is OK again

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

72. citizenSanto says:

nice. AK makes it look easy!

Shout out to citizenSanto.

Your tank program was missing a line of code

you forgot

#include “tank.hh”

74. Chuck says:

And he’s willing to take a hometown discount? Sign him!

• HardHabits says:

I take back any notion I ever had of trading this guy.

• Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

I’m a fan of the guy, and I can’t figure him out. Just dumped him from one of my fantasy teams.

____________________________________________________
        Dear Mtl Canadiens,
        Please beat Boston to tie the season series. You are about to cost me three bottles of rum in a little over a year.
        Love,