Liveblog: Another lead blown, but a Shootout W

MarkovBack

MORNING SKATE AUDIO: Andrei Markov | Josh Gorges | Randy Cunneyworth

Two leads, actually.
1-0 and 2-1.
It’s that kind of season.

Shootout

Max-Pac: Save

Michalek: Sprawling stick save

DD: Backhand goal

Spezza: Save

Markov: Save

Alfredsson: SAVE!!

1. temekuhabs says:

How do you say “fook You” in Danish??

2. JIMVINNY says:

Yep, Karlsson’s a b*tch. That was lapierre-esque. Not in a good way.

3. alwayssunny says:

Wow is Erik Karlsson amazing or what? I hope someday we draft a defenseman with the potential to be a player like him. Please don’t make a fool of yourself and mention Subban in the same breath.

4. Kimberly2u says:

Karlsson is a dick wad

5. Bill says:

… what was that little slap-fest?

Full Breezer 4 Life

6. Stev.R says:

9 games and counting that either Pacioretty, Desharnais or Cole has registered a point.

7. Habbu says:

All year long……so many poor decisions when they have possession of the gd puck

8. Bill says:

Haha, unfortunate snot-shot there for Karlsson on the tube.

Full Breezer 4 Life

9. I’m not a Price hater and I know our defense has sucked crow for the better part of the year, but Price has been average with the poor defense. Kinda just looked behind hi expecting it to be there. Sigh…

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• L Elle says:

So Karlsson isn`t a good player, with a great shot? I see.

Maybe over the summer, this bad habit of dissecting Price might end.

Love when people start with…Ì m not a Price hater…`

10. savethepuck says:

Whitey needs to get a little practice blocking shots, all that does is screen the goalie.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

11. scavanau says:

Our nemesis, period 3.

12. Adidess says:

Pricey, hmm. Haters will have a filled day talking about that other goalie we traded last night :)

13. slychard says:

hold your hats kiddies the tank is back on…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

14. There ya go! Can’t get it out and they stand in front and it’s in. So I won’t have to worry about them getting too many wins before the end of the year. I know some of our guys deserve better. Next year then!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

Phew!!!

16. danhabsfan says:

3P 10:42 I think they need another one, just to be on the safe side

No Boone – we need to tank

17. Adidess says:

I’ll be honest. Been kinda sitting on the tankwagon half-assedly. This is the first game I really feel I’d rather take the loss.

Being 1 pt behind the leafs with 11 games remaining really scares me.

LOL the buffalo fans thought it was hat trick threw all the hats, to no avail. Haha, another big fire in North Tonawanda , 3 alarm fire tonight.

Edit, if you get Buffalo news you know about what that mean.s

19. Captain aHab says:

Somebody explain to me why St. Denis keeps being sent down. He played very well when he was up before and is playing quite well tonght. I trust him more than Weber.

—————-
    **DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a real pirate despite having been blown ashore many times.**

20. danhabsfan says:

I’m worried that we are gaining too many points… but Budja in for injury

21. Still need the high draft. Would love them to win all the games that remain, but won’t help us one bit, except maybe for the players psychology. What say ya’ll?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• Boomer says:

Agreed. We’re not making the playoffs this year. Of course it would be nice to see ‘em win them all but if we lose at this point its not a bad thing. The last top 5 pick we had was Price, before that who knows?? lol

• Stev.R says:

If we draft anywhere in the top 8 we’ll get a solid pick, so I say go for the wins. Our team is young so they need to learn to play 60 minutes 82 times.

• danhabsfan says:

I’m with you… finishing out of the playoffs and not low enough is a real waste. maybe lose all the road games from now on, maybe that would help

22. Boomer says:

I hope Louis hits the weights and gets a bit stronger and Geoffrion improves his skating…

23. Chuck says:

Bishop has looked like he’s been fihgting the puck all night.

___________________________________________________

24. Mattyleg says:

We’re looking good.
    Go Habs!

I’ve been saaaaved!!
    —Hope Springs Eternal—

25. Mondou6 says:

Hello, 10th place in the East.

Goodbye, Nail, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Faksa, Galchenyuk.

26. Adidess says:

Sens would tie Boston for the division lead with a win tonight? Hmm, nothing easy this year including enjoying the rare win :-)

27. That’s how you score on a 6’8″ monster

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

28. HNS says:

This sucks, I want them to win but want them to lose too for the draft pick. It’s like watching Gomez play and then I feel like I have the concussion.

• Muckbringer says:

there you go. Happy?

Conan: Almost 20 years of pitiless cumber! No rest, no sleep like other men. And yet the spring wind blows, Subotai. Have you ever felt such a wind?
      Subotai: They blow where I live too. In the north of every man’s heart.
      Conan: It’s never too late, Subotai.
      Subotai: No. It would only lead me back here another day. In even worse company.
      Conan: For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.

29. L Elle says:

Habs didn`t get the memo about Tanking. They dislike the Sens as much as I do.

30. slychard says:

DD seems to be a keeper. The little train that could. Good for him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• Chuck says:

No if’s, and’s or but’s about it.

___________________________________________________

And the march to the 10th over-all draft choice picks up speed.

32. Thanks Mavid Ross and prop dude. Just got on to see Subban put it by the monster. He’s good at those in the beginning of the period.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

33. Muckbringer says:

I THINK IT MOVED A LITTLE!!!!!

34. habsfaninboston says:

Yeah, Double D.

35. Kimberly2u says:

Boone is so predictable with his next goal wins …lol

36. Muckbringer says:

Q:who has been the best/worste 5 in value this year? (including injuries)

heres the reference:

37. ffenliv says:

There’s something I hadn’t thought of before about next year: TSN is reporting that the big sticking point for a new CBA is the owners might push for a percentage closer to 50%, in terms of money spent on salary out of all revenue.

This is 7% down from now, meaning a big chunk of cap space may be gone.

How do you go about trying to sign your UFAs with that over your head?

The Habs could sign a big UFA like Weber or Parise, only to find out they have to basically give away another big-name player to get back under the cap.

38. Bill? A suave and deboner guy like you watching teen tv and judging American Idol contestants? How far the Habs have fallen for you to be commenting on someones vocals on that show!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

39. Mavid says:

Kirk..don’t spoil Idol for me..

Yes Mike Johnson is decent…

40. slychard says:

I took the night off so I could see Markov’s return at the bell only to see him take a puck to the face. It’s crazy there must be a bruin fan somewhere with a voodoo doll on him.

I missed the first period… I’m sure the crowd gave him a warm welcome.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

41. Anyone have a feed that works? TSN and Justin TV both don’t for me. Just got in and figured a little pain is good before going to sleep. Glad Cole scored, he should hold his head high and um… why is the Goat still our GM?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

42. duffy says:

I am finding it much nicer to listen to TSN tonight with Mike Johnson rather than that goof Ferraro.He’s about as annoying as McGuire.Haven’t used the mute once.

43. Bill says:

American Idol needs a new Simon to tell this girl that she was flat all over the place on that Bryan Adams song, and her timing was messed …

Full Breezer 4 Life

44. Adidess says:

@ Mavid LOL!

45. immortalhab says:

Quite an intense game. It sure looks different without AK, Gomez and Cammy.

46. topher5468 says:

Not impressed with any part of Bourque’s game. Come to think of it, I can’t even differentiate any part of his game. I hope he plays with some intensity next year

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

• Muckbringer says:

its sucked but maybe its because it means nothing to the season so far. maybe he could be the next cammi in the playoffs, who knows? there must be a reason hes paid 3.3m for four years.

• Greg says:

And Cammy has 6 goals and 11 points for Calgary since the trade. What a bum. Nice trade PG. Hope that 2nd rounder comes up large.

47. I heard Tyler Myers jerseys were flying off the racks at the Bell Center the last two days!

48. Adidess says:

Take away my fingers, I am not even a poster!

49. Malreg says:

Bourque is having one of his better games so far with the Canadiens.

Eller has been pretty bad tonight.

50. Mavid says:

better be careful what you eat Cedric…

51. Mavid says:

just a few..and they are annoying as hell…

52. Adidess says:

Puck in the face, phew!

53. Adidess says:

Not watching for a moment. What do you mean Markov is cursed!!!?

54. ogilthorpe says:

Maybe we can throw a few refs to the lions…

55. jedimyrmidon says:

So many good chances.

56. slychard says:

Markov is cursed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

57. jedimyrmidon says:

Ouch…

2nd time Markov gets a stick in the face since his return.

59. Mavid says:

hahaha you should hear these stoooopid sens fans..calling price a diver..and bitching STILL about Cole high fiving the ref…man oh man someone may get hurt tonight..

Foligno doing what Foligno’s do best. He does know his role well.

61. HabFanSince72 says:

Boone: “Game needs a goal”

HF72: “Season needs to be over.”

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

62. Muckbringer says:

every time they show maclean i think of george harvey.

63. Mr. Biter says:

Without his devestating hits Emelin is an average defense man.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

Without Bossy’s goals he was just another forward.

• Bill says:

Point? Without his courage and determination Josh Gorges is an average defenseman.

Sorry to be sarcastic-seeming, but you take away any player’s strengths and what’s left?

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Malreg says:

You do realize Emelin isn’t even playing, right?

• Mr. Biter says:

I was wondering why his name hasn’t been mentioned. Is he injured? I was stating an opinion as he seems to have quit hitting lately and his game and staying in the NHL depends upon his wicked and legal hits. And yes when you take away any players strength there may not be much left and they are soon out of the NHL or traded to someone who may take a chance on them. Allways someone waiting to take your place.

Mr. Biter
        No Guts No Glory

64. tbonesr says:

Palushaj is useless. Would rather have pyatt

I sense a Staubitz fight soon. It’s nice to finally know how the Romans felt during the great Gladiator days.

66. Adidess says:

@ffenliv

why is anybody a moron bc they happen to think Price may have embellished that a bit?

Why are people so quick to call others morons on a message board just bc others express opinions they happen not to share?

67. joedacrabb33 says:

Now that I think of it, The best trade Gainey ever made was in 2007, when he gave the Sharks Rivet and a Fith round pick for Gorges and a first round pick ( Max Pac)…
    Rivet doesnt play in the nhl anymore and the fifth rounder was Demers, an average defenceman

68. Bill says:

DD literally suspended in air for about ten seconds there by Ottawa player … lol, how much does he weigh?

Full Breezer 4 Life

69. Adidess says:

This team has so much structure, is so smart and disciplined on the PK. How can the same team be so bad on offense, outside of our top line?

70. faninCalgary says:

Serie A? Maybe English Premier League after watching Drogba today

71. HNS says:

How did Bourque miss that???? How?

72. tbonesr says:

I like the fact st denis is not adraid to shoot the puck.

73. L Elle says:

LMAO, I’m watching Swan Lake.