Liveblog: Bruins stay alive with OT win

Krejci

Tyler Seguin scores in overtime to secure a 4-3 wiun and send the series back to Boston for Game 7.
Washington fans may have seen their last game of the season, but it was a good one.

Earlier on Sunday afternoon:

First shift of the game: Claude Giroux belts Sidney Crosby.
Thirty-two seconds in, Giroux scores.
The Flyers never looked back.
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, and Marc-André Fleury was weak.
The Flyers blocked 39 shots – six each by Matt Carle, Andreas Lilja and Braydon Coburn.
They’re going to be a tough out in the Eastern Conference.

The Stanley Cup champions (pause while 90 per cent of the Commentariat expectorate) face elimination in Washington in Game 6, beginning at 3 (CBC).

The tripleheader concludes in Vancouver, where the Canucks and Kings play Game 5 at 8 (CBC).

1. shootdapuck says:

What a joke, Stock yapping about thicker players!

He must be the thickest!

2. shootdapuck says:

Do those towel waving left coasters look programmed or what?

Spontaneity no no no!

3. Adidess says:

I can’t believe there are so many people unimpressed with the talent and skill levels of the Sedin brothers. These guys are a joy to watch. Oh yeah, they don’t fight.

• smiler2729 says:

They’re great when they’re great but they’re invisible when they’re not…

Which one sleeps on the top bunk?

*Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes*

• Propwash says:

If they are ever traded away separately, I bet they wouldn’t be on a first line.

_____________________________
        “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
        Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

• banjo bernie says:

HEY SMILER 2729, YOU WON’T BE SMILIN’ AGAIN IN YOUR LIFETIME AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN THE OBVIOUS JEALOUS “DELUSHINOID” YOU FRIGGEN ARE…….IF ANYBODY’S GUTLESS IT’S YOU AND YOUR CRAP BULLSHIT TEAM……JEALOUSY WILL GET YOU NOWHERE…RECOGNIZE TALENT WHEN YOU SEE IT AND YOU MAY ACTUALLY BE FORGIVEN AND BE WELCOMED INTO THE FOLD…………GFY.HAHAHAHAHA

4. EricInStL says:

Who do you think Vancouver can trade Luongo to ? I mean they cannot keep him right ?

5. shootdapuck says:

Nice to see the NHL handicapper doing what it can to keep Vancouver alive!

6. smiler2729 says:

The Semen Twins just shot one in
    1-0 for the V

*Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes*

7. Adidess says:

@Stormin

Love the idea. There have been some great Semin lines from yesterday on to today. You don’t wanna let all that good stuff go to waste…

8. ont fan says:

Watching London, Kitchener game. Tinordi looks pretty good. Skates better than I thot.

• ZepFan2 says:

Tied for 1st with a +39 rating. Nice.

———————————————————————-
      “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• citizenSanto says:

hey Zep,
        love Page/Plant for bringing us some of the greatest rock from the late 60s and 70s (if not all time)…
        but let’s give credit where it’s due for “bring it on home

d(-_-)b

first song I learned to play on the harp.

• ZepFan2 says:

I’ll let Jimmy take this one.

“The thing with “Bring It On Home,” there’s only a tiny bit taken from Sonny Boy Williamson’s version and we threw that in as a tribute to him. People say, “Oh, ‘Bring It On Home’ is stolen.” Well, there’s only a little bit in the song that relates to anything that had gone before it, just the end.”

And if were getting even more picky. Willie Dixon wrote it.

———————————————————————-
          “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• citizenSanto says:

Plant is a huge blues aficionado and gave props to his idols. Some (not me) criticize plenty of British acts in the 60s for “ripping off” the originals. Strangely enough, the early blues artists generally hail the British groups for turning a new generation of fans on to their music.

They’re all greater gods in the pantheon of Blues and rock, IMHO.

d(-_-)b

• ZepFan2 says:

I hear ya’!

The thing that bugs me about Plant is when some new band sounds a bit like Zeppelin, he gets all pissed. He’s the opposite of when he was young. Maybe getting sued by Dixon soured him.

———————————————————————-
            “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• citizenSanto says:

yes! same with Jagger and those “bitter sweet symphony” kids

d(>_<)b

• DorvalTony says:

We???

tony-mclean.blogspot.com

9. Stormin says:

I think as some point maybe after the Caps and Semin get jacked from the playoffs, we should all resubmit are favorite Semin lines for a true top ten list. Although at this point it may be a top 100 list. Not sure i would like to see the trophy we could design for the winner of the Semin contest.
    ______________________________________________
    “Hockey Night in Canada, The Forum, New Years Eve
    Topps or O pee chee Hockey Cards & stick of gum”

10. L Elle says:

Been out all day, semens like I missed a lot around here.

11. Les Canayens says:

How fitting it would have been if Pouliot costed the Bruins both games with his late penalties.

Also I was gonna say they really miss Kaberle….if they were eliminated tonight.

12. Bozo McBozo says:

I am kind’a liking this years’ playoffs. Don’t have to waste no time spankin’ it over a BS Montreal team. Actually quite liberating!

13. smiler2729 says:

Los Angeles takes this game tonight… buh bye Schneiderman, Schneiderman, does whatever a Schneider can.

*Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes*

14. smiler2729 says:

I guess I’m the only one who knows the Craps will take Game 7
    _______________________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes

15. Mike Bone says:

Stupid Bruins. I was hoping Marchand’s dive would be the beginning of the end for them.

I have to say I am dissappointed this video/song wasn’t linked during the last two Caps games.

17. The Jackal says:

Is anyone else as PO’d as I am that Boston lives?
    There is no justice in hockey. The Bruins did not deserve the cup last year and that Flopper has too many horseshoes up his behind…. I don’t get it, it must be large enough now for Semin to come through easily!!!

• smiler2729 says:

Dude there is no one here that is rooting for Boston.

_______________________________________________
      Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes

• LizardKing12 says:

I can’t believe how lucky Thomas is. He must have the worst positioning in the NHL yet somehow everything works in his favor.

18. smiler2729 says:

Just sayin’…

A team is supposed to take on the personality of their coach and the Caps play NOTHING like Dale Hunter.

Too many European softies, yes, European softies, jump all over me with all your PC BS but it’s true, the North American style player sets the tone for the playoffs and OV, Backstrom, Semin, Johanson etc. ain’t following the path the foot soldiers lay (Chimera, Laich, Brower, etc.)

Honk if you agree.

Boston is not any better than a very average Capitals hockey club.

Again, just sayin’ is all…

_______________________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are gutless weasel pukes

19. ZepFan2 says:

Looks like the Caps are limp and with no Semin to show for it.

———————————————————————-
    “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

20. Adidess says:

To go extra time and not get to see Semin come through is disappointing. But hey, hope the Bruins get it in the behind next time.

——————————————–
    A big Centreman, please. Thank you!

21. H.Upmann says:

You just KNOW Semin will deliver next game…. I want to see Semin EVERYWHERE

22. punkster says:

Game of Thrones! I love Sundays.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• ZepFan2 says:

The Killing and the Borgias as well.

I agree Sundays are great. My PVR on the other hand hates Sundays.

———————————————————————-
      “Bring it on home, Bring it on home to you…” – Plant/Page

Bring it on Home

• GrimJim says:

and if your PVR konks out you can read my wife’s recap/reviews on thevoiceoftv.com

• Un Canadien errant says:

The Killing is stultifying. I started watching it because I trusted AMC based on their other series, but they whiffed on this one. All the false leads during the first season, we knew that whoever they were investigating in one episode wasn’t the killer, that they’d figure it out in the last one. Then the fishtail ending of season one, to milk another season out of this mess. Now word comes that the killer won’t be revealed until the last episode of the second season. So no point in watching until the last episode, maybe the last fifteen minutes. Everything until then will be misdirection and manipulation and ridiculous plot twists and dead ends. And rain.

———————————
        How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

23. C-Sword says:

I’m glad Hamerlik did not re-sign with the Habs, he has been horrible this series/season.

Hopefully, the Kings will finish the Canucks off tonight. Still wishing for a Flyers VS Kings cup finals.

24. habsfan0 says:

“Hands up, anyone who thinks the Caps have a prayer in Game 7.”

President Obama.

25. habsfan0 says:

Oh well..let’s go Kings!

26. habstrinifan says:

Nothing goes right in hockey this season.

27. habsfan0 says:

Hamrlik on for game winning goal. Where have I seen that before?

28. The Jackal says:

I hate these Bruins ARRGGG why!!!!!!

29. 69HABS says:

BYE BYE CAPS …

30. habsfanforever7631 says:

Semin failed all of us!
    Don’t worry he’ll come back bigger and better in game7.

31. Propwash says:

Frig sakes…….

_____________________________
    “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
    Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

32. The Cat says:

Yes Bruins still alive!

33. habstrinifan says:

craps.

34. habstrinifan says:

First playoff game I am nervous…. want Caps to end B-s season so badly.

35. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Do you remember when watching a game was never about wishing for a team you hate to lose, and was never a small-minded, vindictive exercise in negativity?

Me neither.

36. Propwash says:

Whew…..

_____________________________
    “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
    Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

37. Adidess says:

Imagine Semin comes through in extra time. It would be the culmination of more than 24 hours of sexual metaphors flying all over this blog.

——————————————–
    A big Centreman, please. Thank you!

38. The Jackal says:

Come on Caps, just one goal!!! ROAR!

39. Bozo McBozo says:

Could have drafted Claude Giroux? Boo hoo freakin’ boo hoo hoo!!!

40. Propwash says:

Guess that’s part of parity eh Boone?

_____________________________
    “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
    Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

41. habsfan0 says:

I wonder if Jack Edwards is nervous about now.

42. RGM says:

I pick Johansson to score the GWG. Kid has played a great game.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
    “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

43. Adidess says:

If the Bruins go down, I’m gonna release my inner Semin!

——————————————–
    A big Centreman, please. Thank you!