Liveblog: Canadiens lose 3-2 to Panthers in shootout

Cole

Mikael Samuelsson scores the only goal of the third period to erase a 2-1 lead and send the game into overtime.

Canadiens had the best of the OT, four shots to Florida’s one.
On to the shootout.

DD: Outside of the post

Wolski: Goal

Plekanec: Save

Samuelsson: Save

Leblanc: Save

1. magictom says:

The good old days

2. magictom says:

Bill. Sorry that we got sidetracked All this for a losing season Just the way it works here. If you’re not pure even tho your family dates back centuries you get the remarks. My last name is bedard and we go back to the start but I’m not really québécois bcuz my mother was Anglo. I won’t be able to sleep tonite bcuz of that. Oh the horror, oh the shame. Lol. Bye everybody

3. magictom says:

I did meet magic Tom tho and that’s why I took the name. Que le monde s’accords puis on est bien ensemble. Excuser mon francais casser et mes meilleurs souhaites a vous et vos

• habsfan0 says:

Surprise Party…

Lunchtime Little Theatre…

They don’t make tv shows like that anymore.

Sigh.

• The Dude says:

How bout Johnnie Jellybean with Ted Zeigler on CFCF”ch 12″ in 1962

• habsfan0 says:

Ted Zeigler’s (Johnny Jellybean) show on CFCF was called: “Lunchtime Little Theatre”.

Sqwauk Box..

Morrie the Mailman..

Toomey the Duck.

• The Dude says:

Do you remember him as a character actor comedian on the Sonny and Cher show along with the guy that was later known as the Unknown Comic from the Gong show?

• Jim Edson says:

Never forget the “Fenortinizer” (sp)

Also the “Lineman from from Chicoutimi and his anglo wife Penelops”

” I am a lineman from Chicoutimi but I live in Montreal”
            (to the tune of Wichita Lineman)

———————————————————————-
            What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

They tell him what they want done and he works to make it happen through his subordinates while making sure that individual franchises play by the rules.

******** Translated if you haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 40 years your NHL team is becoming irrelevant in a sports mad city long behind MLB, NFL and NBA teams, you just tell the commissioner(who you gave a new contract at 7 plus million per) to make it happen and the rules are bent sufficiently to action the command.

4. magictom says:

I was on the show as it works out. I’m Anglo raised here. Let’s be friends. Salut les Amis Me being on the show. I’m wrong. Sorry I just realized it was romper room. Lol

5. magictom says:

The Habs should have a coach who is able to converse in both languages but the gm should just be fluent in the ability to repair the damage and stop the bleeding

6. alwayssunny says:

I thought the guys really played hard tonight. Price got outmatched by the guy at the other end as usual but at least we got a point.

• SnowManHabs85 says:

Outmatched? Clemmensen’s 27-29 saves better than Price’s 34-36 saves? You’re awesome.

“Responding to the media , or playing to the media, or listening to the fans is the quickest way to start losing” – Sam Pollock

• alwayssunny says:

You can count them up all you want but you just have to make one more save than the other guy. It’s a cruel game. That’s what separates the winners from the losers. I’m not saying Price is a loser but let’s face it, there were a couple of bananas.

• SnowManHabs85 says:

And thats why you’re awesome.

7. ProHabs says:

What ever happened to Raphael Diaz.

8. magictom says:

To habsfanimbecile. In English blow me

9. HabFanSince72 says:

A few Habs Inside Out memes:

1. When Kirk Muller was assistant coach last year everyone here wanted him to replace Martin. This despite an absence of head coaching experience at any level.

2. When Roy is mentioned, the same people will tell you he is inexperienced. Never coached in the AHL.

3. Roy is “emotional”, Muller is “intense”.

4. Cunnyworth is doing poorly because he was thrown under the bus (aka the French media).

5. The Habs will win when they stop being so French.

Anyone notice a guiding principle?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

10. magictom says:

Moi je suis québécois sans dessins mais je veux savior comment que ce relevant

11. naweed235 says:

Here’s the way I see when I look at the assets this team used through out this season… The needs are quiet obvious when you assign the players to a position where they are meant to play in on a good team:

1st liners: NONE

2nd liners: Desharnais, Cole and Pacioretty (The lather are both borderline 1st liners with a season in which they both over achieved)

3rd liners: Plekanec, Bourque, Leblanc and Gionta (You can argue for Eller here but honestly he has not shown enough for me to want him on this team. He is very inconsistent, often makes nervous and precipitated plays that result in unnecessary penalties and icings… Hell we were whining about AK46 being inconsistent…)

4th liners: White, Moen, Blunden, Darche, Geofrion and Staubitz

Forwards that have no business being in this league: Nokkelinen, Palushaj and Enquist (Gomez b/c of his ridiculous cap hit)

1st D-pairing: Subban

2nd D-pairing: Gorges and Markov (I know it’s too early to pass judgment on Markov’s return but logically he will not be his old self considering the 3 surgeries and the fact the he ain’t getting any younger)

3rd D-paring: Emelin and MAYBE Diaz and St-Denis

Defense men that have no business in the NHL: Kaberle, Campoli and Webber

Goalies: We are fine with Price and Budaj

Spots that absolutely need to be filled up this summer:
    - Atleast 2 first liners (Preferably a winger and a Center)
    - Even with plenty of players on our fourth line I would like to see a PK and face off specialist that has a mean streak
    - Big shut down defense man that can eat up big minutes on the 1st pairing with Subby

. If we can somehow manage to sign Parise as a UFA and Trade Eller and our 1st rounder to Carolina for Eric Staal we take care of the 1st line needs.

. Signing Gaustad as a UFA would take care of that 4th line

. Bryan Allen maybe for that shout down role?

=> Players that can be used as trade bate if anyone is willing to bite: Eller, Webber, Diaz, (Kaberle and Gomez … One can only hope) and Bourque

Did fans really chat FIRE GAUTHIER tonight?

13. magictom says:

Stock can’t even speak English

• SnowManHabs85 says:

Here I thought as a Habs fan he can’t even speak French :P

14. magictom says:

This is the first time that fans leave the bell centre after the second period and season tic holders are revolting. There’s pressure. I hope they respond

15. magictom says:

No need to panic. Insert the right players as indicated and we compete. Dineen turned that team around. Imagine what muller could have done. Players like that carry import and gravitas in the room when they speak You cannot as a player and especially as a young player not pay attention

• HabFanSince72 says:

The Cats play in the worst division in the NHL. They still suck. They’ve eked their way ahead of the Caps, Jets, Bolts and Canes, all of whom are having terrible seasons.

They will be out of the playoffs in one round.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

16. Bill says:

I do not understand one word Therrien says and I miss every second word Tremblay says.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• mb says:

Ah well, you’re lucky! ;)

• Timo says:

Most of what Therrien’s been saying is about how Habs bottom 6 are utterly useless when it comes to production. Basically, no secondary or tertiary scoring.

• habsfan0 says:

That might have something to do with the fact you don’t speak French.

Just a hunch.

• Bill says:

I speak French, actually, just not well enough to understand those guys. Therrien mumbles and Tremblay … I dunno. Yeah OBVIOUSLY if French were my first language I could understand them (although I know some Acadians who agree with me on this) but my point is that they are a couple of crazy-talkin’ dudes.

Full Breezer 4 Life

17. Bim says:

Misery likes company. Go Leafs Go! but don’t tank too much! Habs need a top five pick. As fans we need a top five pick after enduring this crap for 6 months!

18. magictom says:

Pj stock!!!! Court jester. Imbecile.

19. Bill says:

I think Brian Elliot is about to set an NHL record for save percentage, barring a late-season collapse.

I’m sure Jaro will be the first to congratulate him, right?

Full Breezer 4 Life

God PJ is a moron.

21. magictom says:

Once again. What a moron stock is. And he gets paid for babbling incoherently and being obviously anti Habs and oblivious to any sense of being impartial and by this I mean not falling upon his knees and willing to fellate any bruins fan

Just saw the highlight. White got his butt kicked pretty good in that fight.