Liveblog: Another home-ice stinkeroo

Wideman

If the Super Bowl is this boring …
Impossible.
Nothing could be as boring as the Caps-Canadiens matinee.

How bad was it?

The Capital had TWO penalty shots … and cashed one of them.

Scott Gomez didn’t score, so he’s made it a calendar year since his last one.

1. durocher says:

Let’s look at PG’s moves during the season:
    Campoli – effectively a 7th D at best
    Nokia – sitting
    Kaberle – liability
    Bourque – can be productive

That’s 3 bad moves out of 4.

Get rid of PG (and BG) now before the screw up the team even more before the trade deadline.

• RGM says:

You forgot two major ones:
      1. Markov gets a 3-year deal for nearly $6M per season and doesn’t play a game.
      2. Scott Gomez is still a Montreal Canadien.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
      “Scott Gomez, a potential Hall of Fame player, has two Stanley Cup rings and a Calder Trophy that says ‘I’m a player whom any authentic NHL coach will rely on to fix a game problem.’” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

2. remi_10069 says:

I’m officially a Sens fan now. This is a f’n joke. RC calling out the refs in NJ was an amateur move, they will make you pay and they are.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Cole get moved as I imagine they are going to get huge offers for him and he may say “get me the f outta this loser fest”

pipes

3. matt jordan says:

backhand drop pass at the blueline by Kaberle….
    good thing he’s around for two more years after this

If I was a GM, i wouldn’t trade for Kaberle, Rutherford was right, what a plug. No way any sane GM would acquire that contract.

good call by the ref too

4. Booyacaja says:

At least PK and Price will be cheap cheap CHEAP

5. durocher says:

Can we start selling yet?

6. RockinRey says:

Good nite. PG if that doesn’t make you sick i dont know what does. It is officially make yourself gag time.

7. krulmadden says:

When was the last time the Habs had 2 penalty shots against them in a game??

8. RGM says:

Y’know sometimes we Habs fans get accused of getting outraged too easily or judging things prematurely. If you go back to the thread where the discussion of the Kaberle trade took place you’ll see that pretty much everybody was bang-on in denouncing this atrocious acquisition.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

9. ogilthorpe says:

Did anyone else hear 990radio.. Rumor was that Gauthier had a pending trade which would have moved Subban, Gorges and Pleks for Lecavalier last year but was waved off because of the pending Tampa move that never happened….. Thank God Gauthier never got that one going… Whewww!!!

10. Habbu says:

Remember the Cole signing…..an important piece of the puzzle….. He looks like the only piece on the board right now…

11. Bripro says:

Well, that’s it!
    Oh look, “Tin Cup” is playing on the Golf channel.

12. Captain aHab says:

PG enjoying the cold tofu platter.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

13. HAHAHA Look at this Molson! Look at this!!

THIS IS YOUR RESULT. If you don’t think a change is needed, well shame on you for calling yourself an owner!!

14. The Dude says:

Two penilty shots in one game,lol….Nice Slapper!

15. t1tan5 says:

Wow! That was a professional shot. Roof-daddy.

16. manu07 says:

If that display by Kaberle doesn’t warrant a call from Molson to PG. not sure of this guy will ever get fired.

17. krulmadden says:

I hope Cole sticks around next year. And Gionta hands him the Captain’s C.

• RGM says:

Josh Gorges. He should have been made captain last year.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

18. Habs fan in SF says:

i don’t know about y’all, but i’m all about the drive for nail yakupov

19. Booyacaja says:

What is this NHL 12? Another penalty shot???

20. habsfan0 says:

2 penalty shots against same team in same game. Record?

At any rate, a Sumo goalie would have stopped it.

21. Adidess says:

Dear Kaberle, GTFO!

22. Captain aHab says:

Excellent play Kabs!

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

23. Booyacaja says:

Subban has a back of steel lol

24. Renegade says:

I’d like to trade all of the current posters on here for new fans. You guys are a disgrace.

Is it frustrating to watch them lose? Yes. Do some changes need to be made? Maybe. Am I glad NOONE here has any pull to make these changes? Hell yes. Do I still cheer for the team game in and game out? Yes, thats why Im a fan.

This team is having a bad season, but EVERY team has its bad seasons. It almost seems like Montreal fans feel entitled to having a team that is always in the top 16, but that won’t happen in a salary cap based league (which isn’t a bad thing either, every team has a chance from game 1 of the season). To just give up on them and think the team needs to be blown up after ONE bad season is absurd.

• jimmyb001 says:

Renegade- “do some changes need to be made- maybe” MAYBE! What are you PG in disguise?

billy jackson

• Da Hema says:

I understand your point. However, if I were paying the exorbitant ticket prices to watch half the team’s millionaires floating around the ice, avoiding physical play, and waiting for the season to end, I would be extremely angry. Some of the players on this team are, well, frauds. They are paid substantial sums of money to put in a good faith effort. How many of them are doing that?

• JohnBellyful says:

So you’re the GM of HIO? And I thought PG was secretive. Anyways, you might want to check my contract. There’s a no-trade clause. Sorry.
      As for my being a disgrace, check out clause 4.36.21. As long as I’m not an ABSOLUTE disgrace, HIO says I can stay.

25. Booyacaja says:

If only everyone battled like Cole.

Can we clone Cole?

27. TomThompson says:

Love the cheers for Gomez haha.

28. Habbu says:

Ok boys since we don’t have any, we can’t goon it up, so spend the rest of the game & try to set Gomez up….. It’ll be fun and sad at the same time.

29. LL says:

This is like watching the same movie 50 times. But just in case the ending is different this time, I’ll keep watching.

30. Booyacaja says:

Kaberle leads all habs Dmen in points… How is he the problem?

31. Booyacaja says:

Poor Gomez. He just isn’t that good, period. Not hos fault he hit the jackpot payday. I hope he scores just so everyone shuts up.

32. danhabsfan says:

That’s all she wrote for today… maybe I’ll be back tomorrow.

Anyone else feels like Boone’s slacking off today?

34. Adidess says:

People who say the team should tank make me laugh. What have we been doing? I like seeing Gomez and Kaberle out there with so much ice time…
    The only thing, we’d have to drug up those scouts pretty hard to make them leave with any good notes on the players we’re showcasing.

35. manu07 says:

Well then see ya campoil. And see ya weber.

36. Hali_Hab says:

Anyone on here ever see brendan Gaunce play? That’s who I would be after in the draft

37. danhabsfan says:

Hey Boone… Hence the “tomb” comment.
    I think people should stop going to the Bell Centre, that may be the only way to send a message to the powers that be that something needs to be done.

• Da Hema says:

I agree. Molson could care less if 21,000 fans show up with bags on their heads — so long as they pay.

• Bill says:

I’m sure they know it needs to be addressed. I really doubt Geoff is sitting up there thinking everything is a-ok.

It’s important to keep supporting the team when they’re sucking eggs. It’s not like they want to suck.

Full Breezer 4 Life

38. twilighthours says:

Budaj flopping around. Come on… no one actually thinks he’s better than Price.

39. EricInStL says:

For all those of you who are way to young to remember, there was a time when the Canadiens used to beat up on DOA teams coming into the Forum. Well I guess we know how the Atlanta Flames, Oakland Seals and etc felt.

BTW those idiots who are screaming every time Gomez touches the puck are great ambassadors to future (if any) free agents.

Great job sheep…. hope you feel big.

• t1tan5 says:

I don’t know about others, but when I was at the Buffalo game, I genuinely wanted him to score.

• RGM says:

As I said earlier, if players come into Montreal thinking that being the worst player on the team while being the highest-paid player is acceptable, good let them sign elsewhere. All you need to do is look at Erik Cole and how warmly he has been received. He produces, the fans love him. Gomez craps the bed, he deserves the Bronx cheers.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

40. FlyingFrenchie says:

I’m surprised that the Maple Leaf segment of our fan base isn’t blaming Price for this clunker.

41. Geeraffe says:

Only one Flame was a minus in 3-1 win last night. Guess who? So I’m tolerant with Bourque.

Kaberle has one thing down pat – the little stick flip after he watches the puck go in his own net.

The Montreal Canadiens. Where hockey players go to retire.

43. P-Habby says:

Is it too early for a Nail vs. Mikhail poll question?

44. JF says:

I think we were shut out by Washington the last time we played them last season. This’ll make three in a row.

45. Habbu says:

Why not bring up the entire Bulldogs squad for one game? That way every player gets some extra rest for the drive to the playoffs.

46. Bripro says:

The Titanic is taking on a lot of water now.

47. manu07 says:

Kaberle gomez and plec for carter?

48. YESSS!! HENDRICKS!
    GAME OVER. WOOO. Few more games and sell! sell! sell!
    Management overhaul!!

49. danhabsfan says:

And that’s the game… dispicable
    Blow this thing up… It’s time for new brain-thrusts

50. durocher says:

Pleks didn’t have Laich, Emelin had to go over and support

See, HD, you just have to be patient. If there is one sure thing in this world is that Habs will get scored on in the third more often then their opponents.

52. Booyacaja says:

Boooooooo- daj

53. Captain aHab says:

See ya tomorrow! Can’t wait for them to trade Subban and Leblanc for Redden.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

Cole seems to be completed exasperated

55. durocher says:

Keep playing LL and Palushaj, they’re hungry, unlike….

56. What the heck Caps cmon score already and end this game!

57. Booyacaja says:

Wow durocher, had no idea Kovy could throw bombs like that!

58. Captain aHab says:

Habs are gonna trade the entire Desharnais line for Carter in the hopes of catching Columbus in the standings.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

59. Mr. Biter says:

Really wild prediction. Gomer scores this period.

Mr. Biter

60. Booyacaja says:

Come on score a freakin goal!

61. Habbu says:

Imagine the excitement……….Who’s it gonna be? Which one? All the analysts & their second guessing…….Mikhail or Nail? Mikhail or Nail? Mikhail or Nail?……oooooooooo can’t wait….

62. durocher says:

If the Habs are in the running for Carter, what would it take? Maybe Pleks and Kristo?

Bourque-Carter-Gionta
    MaxPower-DD-Cole
    [AK46 or a UFA]-Eller-Leblanc
    [?]-White-Blunden

63. Did the Habs lose yet? Shutout! Shutout! Shutout!

64. club_de_hockey says:

Habs 1-16-3 when trailing after two? What about when leading after two?

65. The Dude says:

Kovalchuck can throw em eh!

66. RGM says:

20 minutes left until we can all start booking our reservations for the anniversary celebration tomorrow!

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• P-Habby says:

I’m already booking my reservation for next year’s 2 year anniversary…

• RGM says:

Hopefully the celebrations next year will centre in a different town!

———————–
        GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

67. twilighthours says:

Stop insulting mediocrity by calling this game mediocre.

68. Habbu says:

Cassie the highlight of the telecast ….

69. Richard B says:

Im really cheering for gomez. Its not sarcasim. Go gomez. Hes no worse than the rest of the team.

• jimmyb001 says:

“no worse then rest if team”. You gotta be kidding! He is the worst!

billy jackson

• FlyingFrenchie says:

Never judge a book by its cover…unless it doesn’t have any pages.

• RGM says:

A quick look at the stats sheet under the G column suggests otherwise.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• FlyingFrenchie says:

On Gomez’s stat’s sheet there is no G Column

• RGM says:

Exactly.

———————–
          GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

70. Bripro says:

So CBC’s reporting that the Habs and Kings are the two teams in the running for Carter.
    Say goodbye to three of our top six.

71. FlyingFrenchie says:

Bell Center Press Release: In order to add more excitement to Canadien’s hockey, fence painting competitions will be held during the 1st and 2nd intermissions. Elephant rides will be available for the kids. Also included for added thrills… a Scott Gomez dunking machine.

72. Captain aHab says:

Fear not the Cap is back in da house after a gorgeous time outside.

—————-