Liveblog: Super Sunday

Gomez_Monkey

The Canadiens got a power-play goal.
They got a shorthanded goal.
And the W lifted them into 14th place.
Lemme hear you say Wooooooo!

Carey Price was very sharp to earn the shutout.

A goal by Scott Gomez would have been the icing on the gateau.

But it was not to be.

Biggest news of the day: Huffington Post reports René Angelil has bought Schwartz’s.

There goes the Plateau …

1. slapshot777 says:

@ kerrgte

I guess you must know something that everyone else don’t. Funny I didn’t see your name on the scouting dept for the Habs. Your either a typical bandwagon fan or a troll.

If you don’t like what the Habs are doing fly the f*ck and cheer for another team who you think might have NHL players in their pipeline.

Based on your professional opinion which means sh!t.

• Propwash says:

I’m pretty convinced that at least a third of the people on here are fairweather fans, granted, there hasn’t been much to cheer about this year.

_____________________________
      Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• citizenSanto says:

only ⅓ Prop?
        check your figures again, you might have misplaced a decimal.

—————————————
        Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are. — Augustine of Hippo

• kerrgte says:

Competitiveness today means really big talented players. Louis L, Galagher, need the protection of big forwards to give them room There aren’t enough big talented players in the pipeline.

Look at Boston as the model of success.

Tho Pierre has said he thinks the team is too small, I wonder if the UFA market will provide the talent pool needed.

2. Agreed Boone. That’s what happens to us in the third. Sitting back instead of attacking. Wouldn’t see the Boooins doing that as much as I loath them. We need to carry it out, not just shovel it out. That should be disallowed by the coaches!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

3. ont fan says:

If anyone is interested Kyle Stanley is tied for the lead in golf.<The same guy who blew it last week

4. Cape Breton says:

Go Habs Go!!

5. MICP says:

When was the last time that the Habs either outscored an opponent or were “even” in the third period?

Even against Detroit we were outscored in the third.

6. Gettin sloppy

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

7. That series didn’t look good! Gotta TAKE IT OUT, not ice it!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

8. smiler2729 says:

Schwartz’s is one of the best oldest places on the Earth for classic MTL smoked meat

9. Bertuzzi says:

Price is awesome!*

(*Disclaimer: when there is no pressure.)

10. kerrgte says:

gomer, hoe u like the echl next season. what a tool!

11. Rad says:

Leblanc looks like he works his butt off on every shift.

12. slapshot777 says:

Like I’ve said before the Habs are not a bad team. With a good draft coming up and hopefully a good signing here and there in the offseason this team can make a 180 degree turn around and make a push for top spot.

Everyone talks about Boston how good they are. They got there only with a lot of help from Burke. The Habs get a real good player from this draft with all the good talent we have in the pipeline coming up and this team has a real bright future for a long time.

I have been a Habs fan for a long time and I have seen the good times and now the bad times. Now I think we are going to turn the corner and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. We will have very strong and dominating team in the very near future and more sooner than later.

We have kept menchioning players like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, LL, Pulashjai, Eller, DD, Emelin, Price, Subban, and Diaz.

Remember we still have also close to making this team will be a Danny Kristo. Remember him?

We also have a Mac Bennett, Ellis, Greg Pateryn, these players can also be impact players. Avstin can also be a good player. This is all in addition to what we will do in this upcoming draft.

Pacioretty, will be out power forward for hopefully many years to come. Boston will once again become our bitches. As will Taranna and the rest of the League. The drive for 25 is getting close. I can feel it. Just have patience guys, this will all work itself out.

13. RGM says:

Quel arret de Price!
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
    “Scott Gomez, a potential Hall of Fame player, has two Stanley Cup rings and a Calder Trophy that says ‘I’m a player whom any authentic NHL coach will rely on to fix a game problem.’” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

14. Propwash says:

“Carey can’t make the big saves”

Riiight…..

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

15. Danno says:

Price just did his finest Tim Thomas impersonation

Fine flipping & flopping

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. Cape Breton says:

Even with the win today we still suck. What are we, 27th overall?

17. danhabsfan says:

Price!.. arrested for robbery

18. smiler2729 says:

You guys and Booneblog are my lifeline to the game, I’m on my iPhone just south of Buffalo, NY on I-90… headed to Columbus after my wife’s dad passed away this morning after a lengthy illness

Thanks for the chuckles and the distraction! It’s appreciated

• slychard says:

My mom’s on a dementia bed and countdown as we speak. Soon I’ll have to visit family in MTL to bury her. (not going while she’s still kicking so not to recognize me) Not a coward I just prefer to remember the woman who gave birth to me as a pleasant memory of my youth. Strong and beautiful. I go by her bed side is nothing but motion, in my book. I understand. I come here for reality relief. Hope I help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Kiss my hAbSS!!!

19. boonie says:

Sorry, for those of us not in Montreal – Schwartz’s would be?

20. Let’s hope they play like the first two in the third. Always a nail biter and yes the last three losses really hurt us. So much silly stuff in the management suite this year. Throwing RC to the language wolves days after bringing him on…

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

21. Danno says:

A baboon riding a baboon.

It must be springtime at the zoo.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

22. JayK-47 says:

If Allan Walsh respected his clients, he wouldn’t tweet like a douchebag and put them on the spot. He only care$ about him$elf.

23. smiler2729 says:

Rene Angelil, the Moroccan pickpocket

24. Gerry H says:

As God is my witness, if that freakazoid impressario so much as puts a fresh coat of paint on Schwartz’s, I’ll hunt him down and force-feed him a month’s worth of extra-fatty, while withholding his Lipitor.

25. Davery12 says:

The Pic with the monkey on Gomez’s back is priceless….thought it was James Duthie for a minute…lol

26. ogilthorpe says:

Does anyone have a U.S. link for the superbowl and the commmercials??

27. Rad says:

Any minute now, I’m expecting VancouverHab to put in a cameo appearance.

28. matt jordan says:

i’ve never wanted an NHL player to score his first of the year in February more than Gomez

get one Gomer!
    than retire in the offseason

29. Propwash says:

Bye Bye Schwart’s, hello Nickles……

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

30. As c’mon Habs001, give them some credit. They are skating, having fun and getting the breaks. This is a back to back for Montreal too. Just came to play today….

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

31. habs001 says:

More reality check tues vs pitts…but we need to win next sat..

32. Rad says:

That’s a great picture of Gomez with the baboon on his back!

33. ooder says:

so according to PRice’s interview he hasn’t had a coach that he could actually talk to in his NHL career. Cunneyworth is the first guy that Price actually had an open relationship with as a coach.
    also, he mentioned how the team didn’t even get to say good bye to Cammalleri…
    wtf is wrong with the people in charge of this organization??? seriously if true, this is mind boggling
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

34. Hey Boing007, (chest thump) I luv you form Celine!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

35. habs001 says:

The players still want to win and every team wins a game once in a while…this jet team looks bad but it is their final game on a long road trip…

36. As for those Subban haters, you haven’t a clue. Wheeler pushed Price into his net and nobody did anything except Subban. Wheeler is garbage and needed to be called out. That’s why Price and Subban are close, he has his back. You’d think that Gill would do something? Not even, he is useless and needs to go. Nice guy, but why not use his size like Chara and pretend he did nothing. So, good for Subban. RDS is far better to watch than HNIC anyways, with their hatred of all things CH and yes, we do have a good core and need better management not to get rid of some of the talent on the team.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

37. smiler2729 says:

Even through the inconsistency, I like this team under Cunneyworth, they seem to be way more alive than under Martin

38. Mavid says:

Price…”when your a young guy on this team” he is only what 24..wow

39. RGM says:

Cool feature interview with Price on CBC.
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

40. To all those people who said Max Pacioretty would be a 60-point player at the most in his prime..
    Well he’s 23 years old and he’s on pace for 62 points.

41. boing007 says:

Nonstop Celine Dion background music?
    It’s bad enough that they play her at my Laurentian Bank on St-Lawrence all day long. Could become an epidemic.
    Oy Vey!

Richard R

42. slychard says:

I do love to see the Habs win. It’s a great feeling. But the hope of making the play-offs are slim to none. Barring a miracle. The pratfalls of tanking, especially in this next draft, is the no sure-fire prospects of the draft this year. Nail? He’s not big enough. Roy’s boy? Big center, yes. And all the others. Can be a crap shoot. No Lemieux or Crosby in that crop. Point is this draft is like shooting dice. You have big centers on your team? Go for Nail. No prob. But our team is diminutive enough as it is this would be a fiasco of a pick up. We need size. We need grit. We need a miracle. This off season will be one to remember. It is very crucial to this organization.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

43. Mavid says:

i am sure some of you said you were not going to watch?

44. habs001 says:

price and pk on team canada this spring?..maybe gorges..

45. Mavid says:

PJ giving Kudos to PK…naw…must be another flashback..
    and then this
    Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp-content/cache/supercache/www.hockeyinsideout.com//index.html on this server.

46. boing007 says:

‘Huffington Post reports René Angelil has bought Schwartz’s.’
    Oy Vey!
    What’s next, poutine?

Richard R

47. punkster says:

Oh great. Schwartz’s is now guaranteed to go on…and on…

***Subbang Baby!!!***

48. Kimberly2u says:

Why couldn’tthey have played like this yesterday and got 2 points?

• I said the same thing and don’t get it. Some days they play like ghosts and other days they’re just out there moving the puck around during the power play in control and having fun. I like when they’re having fun. Makes me giddy like a kid.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

49. Adidess says:

@habs-fan-84
    Wait, didn’t Wheeler invite PK by dropping the gloves first. My God, what do people want from PK? I thought ‘he should fight to back up his skills’, according to many here and on TV.

50. HabsFanMTL says:

does PK throw punches? or push punches lol , he looked like rockem sockem robots

51. Rad says:

MaxPac is going to be better next year!

52. punkster says:

I like these kids. Eller, Leblanc, Palushaj, PK, Emelin, DD, Pacioretty, Price, Diaz, White…pretty good base to build on.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

53. Rad says:

Who is this team in red, and what did they do with the Montreal Canadiens?

54. Well good to see a strong game from the Habs. But we are still tanking!

55. Mavid says:

either I had a 70’s drug flashback..or the site changed and then went back…not quite sure..

56. Puck control, rock solid at center ice….

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

57. manu07 says:

I really like PK. Dispute the occasional hiccup. It’s about time Habs had a player that will occasionally make a dirt ball move and stand his ground after.

58. RGM says:

Where was this club yesterday?

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

59. habs-fan-84 says:

PKs going to get trashed by CBC for the way he dropped the gloves there. He was already punching before Wheeler had his gloves off

• showey47 says:

Then maybe wheeler should have dropped his gloves instead of just shaking them on his hands.But then again who really cares what cbc says.Everybody knows if PK played for the leafs or bruins he would be immortalized by them.

60. krulmadden says:

Go Habs Go!!

61. Laramy87 says:

Im liking this Palushaj – eller – leblanc

It seems like anyone who plays with Eller has chemistry

• Mr. Biter says:

Wharever they gave Palushaj before the game I want some. Best game he has played while with the big club ever.
      Also Gomez probably wrestling with the monkey in the dressing room right now. Tabernac get off my back.

Mr. Biter

62. Now why can’t we play like this everygame? A little moxy, standing-up for ourselves, scrappy in front of the net? This is what I remember.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

63. boing007 says:

Richard R

64. Stuck_in_To. says:

With a three goal lead, can they afford to concentrate on trying to setup Gomez? ; )

65. RGM says:

Wheeler’s a chump.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

66. NightRyder says:

Wheeler must have learned how to fight in Boston.

67. HabsFanMTL says:

uh oh, its that dreaded “3” goal lead going into the third thing again………gulp!

68. otter649 says:

Interesting watching The Jets #39 the one with the real long stick who depending on the circumstance will choke up on the shaft or play with the full length of the stick……

Now, here is the team (Wpg) that needs a goaltender.

70. slychard says:

There were 2 players obstructing the goalie view in that last goal…excellent.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

71. immortalhab says:

Play Leblanc more! Every game!

I see what they’re doing. Playing relatively well to reignite hope. Fat chance.

73. danhabsfan says:

PK’s on his game
    Price is on his game
    The whole team looks better than they have in a long time

74. Danno says:

I knew it.

If Gomez would have touched that puck it was guaranteed not to go in.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”