Canadiens drop opener 2-1

Michel Therrien

Way too little, way too late.
Brian Gionta scored on a power play to make a game of it late in the third period.
It brought the crowd to life for a mildly entertaining final six minutes.

The Canadiens were outshot 26-22 and outplayed for most of the game.

Carey Price may have been faulted for the Nazem Kadri goal that opened the scoring. But the Canadiens’ goaltender had no chance on the Tyler Bozak shot that made it 2-0.

Both Toronto goals were on power plays.

The Canadiens PP struggled until the late-game flurry.

Florida is at the Bell Centre on Tuesday.

1. Haborama says:

Let’s take a poll: chances of a 0-48 season??

2. Haborama says:

Where’s Kovalev when you need him…………..

3. boing007 says:

I was a bit put off when the announcer did not repeat the phrase mesdames messieurs, vos Canadiens de Montréal in English. Other than that, I didn’t see anything dynamic about the approach to outlet passes and such. Also, too much dumping the puck. Boring! Not very impressive entertainment. In fact, it was a joke. The rinks are still too small and they are strangling the life out of any possibility of entertaining hockey. Bring back Carbonneau.

Richard R
    Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

4. Boomer says:

Take a Deep Breath… Hold it for a moment…. Exhale…
    repeat 3 times.

5. Loonie says:

Jaromir Jagr wanted to play here. 4 points tonight.

6. Propwash says:

Glad I changed my sig when I did…

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

7. 69HABS says:

Why are people making excuses here? The Leafs had the same amount of time to get ready for the season as the Habs did!

• Loonie says:

Exactly. And the Leafs actually had more roster turnover than the Habs did.

This “give it a few” and “it’s a new coach” stuff is ridiculous. The Leafs were on the road, without chemistry, starting a bad goaltender by NHL standards.

The Habs reaction was to sleep for two periods, play their worst defenseman more than four others, feed ice-time to a line that wasn’t generating anything offensively, play the fourth line early and often in the third period while trailing by two goals and the players and coaches made zero adjustments to the penalty kill after the Leafs made adjustments on their powerplay.

Great start.

8. dr zgembo adislic says:

We can write off this season, the hardest thing for me wasnt the mistakes we did it was for not showing any passion nothing, nada, rien, nichts,…that was horrible. I expect those millionaires to be ready for any given game this game was a smack in the face to every habs fan they do not deserve to wear these colours anymore.

\\m//

• NCRhabsfan says:

We’re tanking to get the #1 pick. It helps if you don’t fool yourself that you’re any good early. Go right for awful from day one. Maybe the Habs could wear Oiler jerseys for the rest of the year just to keep them in the right frame of mind (if they wore Leaf jerseys everyone would know they were going to finish last but trade the 1st overall pick for a prima-donna)?

9. Propwash says:

Guys…guys….what happens if the team wins two….maybe three in a row after this one???

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

10. Haborama says:

I think that now is the time to take a serious examination of MB and his moves as GM, and weather or not he has any kind of place in this organization. I honestly cannot think of a good move made by him.

He hired a useless, defense-oriented coach (JM only with a temper) when Marc Crawford was available……

He drafted a gutless, floating tinkerbell (Valeri Bure 2.0 IMO) as our franchise player, and somehow receives near universal praise, WOW, REALLY, I THOUGHT THAT KIND OF THING ONLY HAPPENED IN DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATIONS, O WAIT WE ARE ONE!!!!!!!

He made little effort to toughen up our team apart from signing one enforcer, an aging agitator, and a 5,8 DEFENCEMAN!!!!
    I just saw the team that I grew up loving getting pushed around by a bunch of wimpy blueandwhite have-nots. I seriously dbout that we are tougher, in fact we seem less tough.

He has not shown himself to be a good GM, The Gomez buyout is something that an average GM would have done in the summer of 2011.

And the PK mess is just awful, HE HAS HAD 9 MONTHS TO SIGN THIS GUY, WTF, SERIOSLY!!!!!!
    MB is either lazy or harbouring an unnecessary hatred for our second best player.

When we pick 1st overall this summer he will probably bypass McKinnon and Jones and go for that little tyke Drouin, God am I ever dreading THAT ugly moment……

Face it folks, we are living the darkest era in our teams history, I lived through the late 1990′s and early 2000′s and I can attest to how bleak that was, but this is worse SO MUCH WORSE. It almost makes one wonder if Gauthier is still pulling the strings somehow…….

THAT IS ALL

This year is just a development year for the Hab’s anyway! New management, coaches and system.

From the GM, coaches, farm and the Hab’s roster. This year is a getting to know you year, where everyone tries to fits into the organization.

This half season is our training camp for next year is all.
    All tickets should be at no cost!

12. aj says:

WE WANT PK!!
    ((clap, clap))
    WE WANT PK!!
    ((clap, clap))
    WE WANT PK!!
    ((clap, clap))

13. Frank2468 says:

Well I guess it’s easier to criticize the circus when your not in the center ring. I’m waiting for M.T to implode like he did in Pittsburgh. Bet by the end of next week he wishes he was back on L’antichambre. I’m waiting for M.T to try and discipline P.K like he said he would if he was coaching the Habs back on L’antichambre. If M.B doesn’t sign P.K soon and the Habs lose 2 more games the noose will tighten for sure lol

14. Loonie says:

I’m a little bothered by the lack of effort. But all I’ve seen for months is “I have faith in Bergevin if he chose Therrien”. “Therrien must have learned from his mistakes if Bergevin hired him”.

Second largest time on ice for the Habs tonight belonged to Frankie F’in Bouillon.

I don’t care what lessons Therrien’s learned, that’s stupid. That is the equivalent of the Senators giving 22 minutes to Benoit.

Unacceptable.

• twilighthours says:

Settle. There are plenty of people on here who always disliked the therrien hiring. Maybe even the majority.

And who would you have played 22mins instead of bouillon?

• Loonie says:

Gorges, Emelin, Diaz.

Any of the three instead of Bouillon. Gorges though limited offensively brings more in that department than Bouillon, as do Emelin and Diaz.

You really don’t question Bouillon’s ice time? And I ask because he’s no better than a #6 on every team not named Islanders in the NHL, if them.

You can’t generate offense and he has 15 minutes through two periods and another 7 in the third? His career high in points is 22

22.

• NCRhabsfan says:

There was an usher that once played house league they could have used… It wouldn’t have been any worse.

15. alfieturcotte says:

We had a dismal 2012 to determine that what our team lacked was offense. So who are our 2 top free agent signings — Pruse and Armstrong. Not to knock these 4th liners, but why in the world did MB fail to focus on the top 3 lines? Surely there were some players out there with real offensive punch (heck Kovy was available until this week and he got 1G 2A tonight). Meanwhile, MB where is PK. More PK and a lot less Kaberle would certainly be a step in the right direction. For all the praise folks lavished on MB, I am not at all impressed with the team roster. The bright side is another poor season at least sets us up for a top draft choice. And folks, make no mistake, with this team, we are headed there.

16. Lafrich says:

A few comments:

I think I can speak for all of us when I say…ewww…

Did anyone spend any money to see that? Cause I would be demanding it back.

We waited 9 months fior that?!?!

All right, That is all.

17. jedimyrmidon says:

Hopefully PK looks at his team and sees that they need him, and, moved by their plight, takes a step in MB’s direction and gets signed to a contract…

One can only dream.

18. LizardKing1967 says:

Frankie the Cube plays over 22 minutes. Guess they replaced P.K. with him.
    They tried to make him look bigger out there.
    Unfortunately, didn’t work.

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!

19. CCL says:

Oh no. we’re not starting the excuse thing already. the better team won tonight. wait and see if they’re any better Tuesday.

20. WindsorHab-10 says:

Just one game I know, & first game to boot but that damn Kaberle is absolutely useless. On the pp carrying the puck, he was slow & just not interested or lazy as if we were up 2 goals in the game. If I had to choose between Kaberle & Gomez, I would have kept Gomer.

• NCRhabsfan says:

Gomer’s cap hit was higher and the Habs are trying to get someone to make PK an offer that will net them a bunch of draft picks – there was no way they were using up their only “go now and leave us be” card on Kaberle. Letting Gomer go was the proverbial lesser of two evils.

21. doug19 says:

Oh Baby! Nothing. So many of the habs are not game ready could barely accept a pass. Hanging out in the gym does not seem to help hockey skills. So Paxman can pull a sled what happened to the skating. Cole usually starts the year off bobbling the puck in his feet.
    Kaberle oh man send him to Hamilton. Diaz has been playing but is not nearly as good as last year.Emilin and Borque were pretty good and the plug played ok and Price was sharp he will need to be with this group. Could have got a point or two with Subban! PJ Stock says the offered him2.5 over two? What dopes,the price just went up. Playing your cards close in negotiating is good if your holding something, MB holds nothing!

• NCRhabsfan says:

Maybe MB knows there is no future with the current bunch and is hoping someone will give PK a big enough offer sheet that he can get a decent return in draft picks. That’s where the future is, not with this bunch.

22. aj says:

Guys, this is Game #1!

People are complaining how they suck! We need to wait and see how they will improve later on.

Everything is brand new. They are in a lot of pressure since this is a shortened season and it will tame time to have them n’sync.

Galchenyuk and Bourque played with heart Tonight. Good goal by Gio. Price did his job well. The rest, especially the Desharnais-line was sloppy tonight. Plus, Therrien and staff would have to change their approach on coaching this team. Their system is not working at the moment.

If there’s anyone to blame tonight, it should be Therrien himself!

• Loonie says:

Yes. Michel Therrien and the style of play were BRAND NEW.

Except they weren’t.

If I’m PK I wait and fleece Bergevin. Hell, Therrien already did, why can’t Meehan?

• jedimyrmidon says:

Agreed.

Yes, they didn’t look good and people will extrapolate for the remaining 47 games, but this team should improve. They’re NOT going to look like this all season.

I just wish the Habs could hold possession long enough to allow Gally to use his skills, but as it was, they couldn’t maintain possession and the puck always seemed to end up on a Leaf stick.

• aj says:

Honestly, the kid was playing well. He looked in game mode than the rest who sat their asses during the lockout. I think he got 3-4 goal attempts, all wrist-shots. That’s good for an 18yr old.

• NCRhabsfan says:

Really? Was he on the ice? I thought he was invisible. He played so well they moved him from line to line and eventually sent him out with the 3rd and 4th line grinders. How has that worked out for our past “skill” players? Better he plays first line minutes and lights up the OHL than wastes a year floating around the periphery on the third or fourth line becoming a “defensive” player.

• NCRhabsfan says:

System has nothing to do with it; this is just a bad team. Blaming it on the system won’t make it better. With less than a minute to go the Habs had at least two guys and maybe three on the ice that have to jump to reach 5’9″. It’s kind of like sending out 5 wide receivers to play offensive line for a goal line push in the NFL. It cannot work. This was the Leafs they lost to, what happens when they meet actual NHL calibre teams?

• aj says:

This is NOT a bad team! They don’t have PK at the moment! Give it time to have them grow into the system. Plus, a few adjustments like not taking too many penalties, I think they’ll be ok.

• NCRhabsfan says:

No, this is a bad team. A really, really bad team! They finished dead last in the Division last year and they just lost to the team that finished second to last – that is how you define bad. At home, they mustered no offence and the pre-game festivities were far more fun than anything the team did on the ice during the game. Someday we will have a good team again and you will look back on this sorry lot and say “Thank goodness those losers don’t play here anymore, they really were bad.” The Habs are sooooo far from being a good team they can’t see it from where they are.

• Boomer says:

It’ll take a while for the system to sink in. 6 Days is not enough time. It is an unfortunate situation where every game counts and they don’t have much time to learn and become used to this new system.

23. Habitoban says:

Watched the whole game with my right eye closed. take THAT Bettman!!

24. ProHabs says:

Unbelievable that in a short season where every game counts that we have our best defenceman sitting in Toronto. PK and Markov would be gold on the PP together and this new management team couldn’t find a way to sign him. Ridiculous.

25. LizardKing1967 says:

Well, first game in over 250 days. Most of these guys haven’t played since last season, and any of them who played in Europe can’t compare to NHL caliber. Both teams sucked. We just sucked more.

First game
    New coach
    new system
    3 new D pairs
    new 2nd line
    new 3rd line
    new 4th line

gotta give them at least 6 games to gel a little.

And we gotta sign P.K.
    3 years – 3 mil per

Price played great for an injured dude.
    Gorges, Diaz and Emelin played well
    Boullion played too much (but reletively decent)
    Markov looked rusty
    Kaberle, well, was Kaberle
    Cole, Max and Desharnais played ok, just outta sync
    Pleks, Gio and Chuck were NEW linemates – not too shabby
    Moen, Eller and Bourque were good
    Prust, White and Armstrong were NEW linemates – good energy

All in all, mostly everyone looked out of sync with each other, but we had to expect that.

Next up: Kovy scores here on Tuesday

Jim-Out

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!

26. temekuhabs says:

Looks like Galchenyuk will be back in Sarnia, Bourque looks like he wants to play 2nd line
    We need PK on the PP
    Pricey is fine

• Loonie says:

If #27 goes back to Sarnia it will be because this team’s a dumpster fire. It won’t have much if anything to do with him.

• LizardKing1967 says:

Chuck played fine tonight. 18 year old playing his first NHL game for the most historic franchise in history. Didn’t you see his face when he was holding the torch during ovation? Looks like he lost his lunch several times before he got out there. Probably lost it after too.
      No way they send him back yet. Gotta crap out bad in a couple straight games for that.
      He was kinda creative a couple times tonight. Let him get his nerve back.

Drive for 25. 2012-2013. Max-Pac for Conn Smyth.

I BELIEVE!

• WindsorHab-10 says:

We just need P.K.

27. Boomer says:

I’m anxious to see this “new system” but I won’t judge it by tonight’s performance, they only had 5 or 6 days to try and implement it. Not saying that’s why we lost, just saying. it is what it is.
    I know it’s blasphemy to say this and I apologize in advanced but Toronto did play well defensively.

28. Loonie says:

Bergevin: Michel, the draft is really top heavy in talent this year but not much good beyond the top five or ten.

Therrien: Well if you want I can play our fourth line when we’re trailing in games and for good measure I can use Francis Bouillon like he’s Shea Weber. What are you going to do to help me?

Bergevin: Well I can hold firm and avoid giving Subban a contract. Anything else?

Therrien: Yeah, since we know how well shooting from the outside, not forechecking and relying on one line did last year, I’ll just have the team do the same stuff and that should help secure that pick.

Bergevin: Awesome. Really appreciate it buddy.

Therrien: No problem pal. Hey by the way, can you believe these schmucks in the media and the fans believed that I’ve changed?

Bergevin: Haha. No I can’t. You’re my ticket to three great draft classes. You’re worth your weight in Gold.

Therrien: Thanks Marc. Funny you should say that, I’ve got the gold suit polished up for Tuesday night against the Panthers. See ya there! And hopefully I don’t see PK.

Bergevin: You won’t. Signing him after one loss would be seen as a weak and a reactionary move. I’m gonna milk this cow as long as I can.

29. New says:

I enjoyed seeing them on the ice again and for a few minutes they looked pretty good in their own end. Not bad for the first game with the new coach. Price is awesome.

30. Stevie.Ray says:

Leafs had 12 players go overseas, plus a handful in the AHL.
    Habs had 8 +Gally,

We looked sloppy. couldn’t give or receive a pass. No energy. Overskated pucks. Ugly, ugly hockey. We’re very rusty. We needed someone who could be dynamic like P.K., but in reality, he probably would have looked sloppy too.

• boing007 says:

Sloppy perhaps. But at least it would have been a passionate, all guns blazing sloppy.

Richard R
      Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

31. PeterD says:

So this is our new “system”?
    Is this the same “system” being used in Hamilton?
    Habs are in trouble folks…silver lining is a high draft pick in a pretty food draft year….

Galchenyuk (Chuckie)…needs to play tougher and do some hitting or he will be in Sarnis in less than two weeks…he can’t just float around the outside of the play and hope the puck comes to him…he will need to get his nose in there and get the puck for himself.
    Bu hey, he’s only 18 and still learning the game…let’s give him time to mature and get more physicality into his game.

• NCRhabsfan says:

He should be in Sarnia tomorrow morning, but not because of anything he did or didn’t do, because there is absolutely no point in having him with the team this year. Why burn a year off his contract? This is a bad, bad team with no hope of winning anything. Don’t waste Galchenyuk on this bunch.

32. Harditya says:

The entire team was soooo sssllooowww out there. No denying they need to find their legs back, but gosh Diaz and Kaberle freak me out each time they are on the ice. Subban needs to be signed asap, he’s too valuable to this club.

33. Sean Bonjovi says:

One Step Closer!!!

Andrei Markov look like THE Andrei Markov though.

• Haborama says:

are u high!

• Loonie says:

Glad somebody else saw it. Markov was the best player on the ice tonight by a mile.

• savethepuck says:

Agree 1000 pct Tom. I thought Markov was easily the best ( or at least close to the best ) Hab on the ice tonight. The only people that didn’t see that are those who see what they want to see instead of what is really happening on the ice. They are the posters that think he’s fragile and over the hill and should be traded for picks or even bought out. I think it’s ridiculous.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
        Carey Price

• Loonie says:

I think he should be traded. I said to my wife last night that it would be great to see him win a Cup.

Trading him now or when he’s proven healthy would be the best thing for him and the franchise provided he’s open to it.

34. Habitant in Surrey says:

…well, that was a cold splash of reality

…but Ya gotta give it up to the MuppleWeeds …under Carlyle this is what We should expect as a norm from the Weeds …a markedly more sophisticated defensive system and work ethic
    …We were not only outplayed tonight, We were also out-coached tonight

35. NCRhabsfan says:

So, we waited 9 months for THAT….?

What a complete dog of a game. The NHL should be refunding the sponsors and people that paid for tickets and apologizing profusely. That was not entertainment.

This is a very bad Habs team. I think the turd stopped smelling over the summer, but it is pretty clear why this team finished 15th last year, and why it will this year. 0-48 is possible, although I suppose Carey may steal a game or two. No offence again in Montreal and no offence in Hamilton. Bergevin has a pig on his hands and no way to improve it.

Send Galchenyuk back to Sarnia. The Habs don’t want him exposed to this bunch. There is nothing to be learned in Montreal this year. Maybe Gallagher should head back to Hamilton as well. Not sure he can profit from being with this bunch of losers either. This is a truly horrible Leafs team that just beat the Habs in Montreal. What can you take from that other than true sorrow that they settled at all!

• aj says:

They are not in game form. Plain and simple. But you can’t blame them for sucking up!

Price was the only guy guarding the net and the rest seems to be still in lockout vacation mode (except Galy and a few others who played in Europe).

I’m not mad. The next 2-3 games will determine how this new Habs team will gel properly.

36. duffy says:

50 minutes of misery ,ten minutes of Hockey, This organization DOES NOT deserve the Fan support it gets . Is Gomez still available .

37. The Dude says:

Habs in last place already….

38. VancouverHab says:

A team with with Deharnais (!) as the number one centre is simply not serious. Whatever the reason for playing him in that spot, it is not a hockey reason, so look elsewhere.

39. Chuck says:

So I think that I just heard Meehan smile a little…

___________________________________________________

40. Harditya says:

Please sign Subban asap I am getting a headache watching Kaberle.

41. mrhabby says:

Thoughts.

Iam glad it’s only the 1st game..
    Sloppy, out of sync, rusty.
    Price in mid season form.
    I thought prust , bourque, played best.
    Need subban attitude.

42. HabFanSince72 says:

First preseason game. Boos in the 2nd period. A bit pathetic.

The only think that worries me (since we were never going to contend this year in any case) is Markov’s skating.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

43. jedimyrmidon says:

Boullion being used waaay too much out there.

Habs need to find their legs.

Top line was atrocious tonight.

44. 69HABS says:

So, what’s this new system MT has? Seems alot like the last 3 yrs …

Markov is expired.

This team will miss PK dearly ….

• savethepuck says:

I thought Markov looked like one of the better Habs on the ice tonight, but maybe that’s just me.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

45. savethepuck says:

Someone made a sarcastic remark on here the other day re Kovalev being a good mentor for Huberdeau, well they each have 1 G and 2 A’s tonight in their home opener. I’m from Saint John so a little biased towards Huberdeau ( and Beaulieu too ). I was a big Kovy fan too.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

46. kempie says:

Holy Raphael Kaberle Batman. Both picked right up where they left off. Frankie da Cube looked better than expected, so did Borque. Hope they send Gally back so I can see him in Belleville on the 2nd and so I don’t have to listen to Hughson murder his name anymore.

I wish this team had a young, energetic puck moving dman who could eat some heavy minutes and who is solid on the power play.

47. The Cat says:

First game of the season and already HNIC is kissing Carey price’s ass…Quotes from the game: “Great save by a great goaltender!” “Scrivens had to make a good save”, and after the mention of the 3 stars, Maclean says: “Honourable mention to Carey Price”. It was an ok game by Price, but not a game worthy of such compliments.

• Chuck says:

The team played a crappy game and THAT’S what you had a problem with?

___________________________________________________

• savethepuck says:

He’s one of the few that still want Halak back. Has his blinders on regarding Carey during games. Doesn’t realize Habs kept the better goalie the summer of 2010 instead of keeping the goalie who played better for a couple of months.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
        Carey Price

48. Habilis says:

Well that was ugly, no doubt. But it was game 1 after a lockout. I’ll reserve judgement for now.

That being said, I like Cube as much as the next guy but if he’s playing 22 minutes a game, we got problems.

49. Haborama says:

fire Therrien

Trade Galchenyuk

trade for anyone who is better then our best

tell patches to grow some balls…….

I really don’t know what to say………

50. frontenac1 says:

Both Teams Sucked but Habs sucked more.Glad I’m Hammered. Saludos Amigos!

51. twilighthours says:

First impressions:

Gionta looked active. As did desharnais. Bourque was solid too.

I liked Emelin and gorges. No surprise that josh showed up.

White, Prust, and Armstrong were involved. They ran around a bit, but did their job.

Curious to see therrien use white, Armstrong, etc on the pk when plekanec and Eller have shown they can get the job done with big pK minutes.

Did they even dress? Diaz, Eller, moen, plekanec, all hard to find.

Neith patches nor cole had the zip.

You know? For a puck moving defenseman, kaberle neither carries nor passes the puck very well.

Price was great. Markov was just a “meh” for me.

Too many left shooting defenseman playing the right side…

Just one game though. Not much can be read into it.

The doom and gloom crowd on here is pretty doomy and gloomy.

52. habs001 says:

Bad teams lose these type of games and there will be plenty of them this year…Habs will have a very good draft pickt his year …It looks like the same organization will have the lowest scoring AHL and NHL team…I know Cole gets off to slow starts but he looked terrible….

53. Saintpatrick33 says:

PJ Stock is a douche of epic proportions. 1 goal against an AHL goalie we’re in for a long season.

54. theox_8 says:

I can understand it’s only one game : however this is a shortened season almost half so uninspired hockey like this to me just seems very disheartening

55. Chuck says:

This site refreshes slower than molasses in a Montreal winter.

___________________________________________________

56. Loonie says:

22 F’ING MINUTES FOR BOUILLON.

This is the NHL Michel. He should be no better than your #5 defenseman?

Carlyle(former Norris winner) played the hell out of his guys who were in game action during the lockout. Outcoached, outplayed, outhustled. Oh yeah, against a team that couldn’t play their way out of a wet paper bag.

57. danhabsfan says:

Who picked those Stars… Are they high!

58. Bill says:

Actually one of the worst Habs performances I’ve ever seen. They looked putrid. Disgusting. No one had a good game except maybe Price. That was awful.

That Desharnais is a real superstar.

“Toughness” added a lot.

Can we sign PK now?

59. Boomer says:

aaaaaannnnnnd let themedia circus begin!

60. Habbu says:

No shots for the last 3 minutes; when you are down by a goal?????

61. theox_8 says:

Brutal. That is all.

62. Hammer says:

Gonna be a looooong year!

63. hablifting says:

Defense is not the issue here, hasn’t been in a while. The problem is the same as it’s always been. Our centers are trash. End of story.

64. habsfan0 says:

Plus ca change…

65. Mavid says:

only one game…

66. Propwash says:

Watch for the parade in downtown Toronto.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

67. Puck Bard says:

“I think statistics of one [loss] doesn’t equal a trend”

68. dazzer says:

If it was a sellout, it sure didn’t sound like one.

69. durocher says:

1) Please get rid of Kaberle and Diaz.
    2) Sign PK

70. Did they announce the attendance tonight? Was it a sellout?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

71. shootdapuck says:

Boone, hope may be fading but so is the facade of the contending Laffs!

72. Propwash says:

Hail Mary time

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

73. Stevie.Ray says:

A blackhole of a game. Sloppy. But we’re within one, and stranger things have happened.

74. topher5468 says:

Good for Gio,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

75. Propwash says:

Man, I wish The Gazette fixes this mega lag on their HIO server.

____________________