Liveblog: Another W; Jets grounded 4-3

160351178_slide

That’s four in a row for your mighty Montreal Canadiens.
Best thing was it didn’t come easily.
The Winnipeg Jets, who were ridding a three-game winning streak of their own, fell behind 2-0 before battling back to take the lead.
A third-period goal by Tomas Plekanec, on the deadly Canadiens power-play, was the only goal of the third period.
Carey Price, who was shaky on the first couple Jets’ goals, made huge saves down the stretch.
Canadiens penalty-kill was great late, when it had to be.

Brendan Gallagher, with a goal and an assist, was the game’s First Star.

His linemate, Alex Galchenyuk, had two assists and was Second Star.

On to Ottawa.

1. Propwash says:

Gawd I hate getting gastro.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

2. Captain aHab says:

Back from the depths of stomach flu….good game! Quite frankly, if they keep playing that way, I’ll be happy win or lose. At least we’re done with the patented JM snoozefests.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

Mike–Next power play wins!

4. SuperHabFan says:

Never been a DD fan. Last year I felt Cole and MaxP carried him. He doesn’t have any speed. If you watch him live you really see how slow he really is out there. Definitely not a top center. Only problem is we don’t really have anyone else to replace him. I don’t see him here long term.

5. leni says:

Go ‘abs go les boys!

6. Muckbringer says:

Whos the next buyout or will there be one?

Conan: Almost 20 years of pitiless cumber! No rest, no sleep like other men. And yet the spring wind blows, Subotai. Have you ever felt such a wind?
    Conan: It’s never too late, Subotai.
    Subotai: No. It would only lead me back here another day. In even worse company.
    Conan: For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.

7. FunkyCrabChairNF says:

Nah, three more goals this game. OT or SO

8. Nina76 says:

STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BOX!!!!CAN’TWIN FROM THERE, STEP IT UP A LITTLE YOU ARE GOING TO SLOW…………….IBELIEVE!!!!!

9. Love TSN saying penalties against Peg are “suspect”…

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

10. habsfan0 says:

“I gather there are HIO server issues … again.”

Uh oh. Boone reverse jinx about to strike?

10 goals against us this year, 8 of them power play goals!
    Do you think we have to stay out of the box?

Where is Todd Gill when we need him?

• habsfan0 says:

Don’t you mean Hal Gill?

Todd absolutely sucked for the Laffs.

• morivera says:

Todd absolutely sucked for (insert any NHL team he played on)

• Muckbringer says:

He is a legend and i would take him anyday. Good deal too

• Muckbringer says:

Some questionable call thus far this year. Status quo. That beingsaid there giving them to us more.

See!,,

12. Ice Storm says:

In lighter news… Fleury and Pricer are killing me in my pool tonight… …so far (positive spin)

IN GALLY’S WE TRUST…

13. Trisomy 21 says:

For as long as Boone has been covering the Habs I’m surprised he thinks Ole is a victory song. Most ‘mericans might think that, but I’ve always known it to be a chant to liven up the atmosphere.

14. Castor says:

Boone. I think we’ve all said it fifty times. Ole ole is a celebratory cheer not one claiming victory.

Having said that… What the ole is wrong with Deharnais?

15. chanchilla says:

As an avid Desharnais fan i think this is the first game this season where he just looks bad, maybe his dog died or something.

16. Price does not loook sharp tonight. Seems like he is fighting the puck alot. Price needs to have a great 3rd period. C’mon boys!!!

• I say that and it’s like a morgue… I mean really guys, Price can be great, but sometimes he looks so average like he’s thinking about his money.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

17. JohnBellyful says:

Is there something happening with the gravitational field at the Bell Centre? Sudden surges in the earth’s pull have dragged down a few Habs.

18. Steven says:

This isn’t Price’s night so far. He gave up a softy in New Jersey also, but there’s still a period to go. He’ll probably/hopefully make me eat my words :P

The two Gallys look excellent tonight, and hopefully Cole gets going after that goal.

Even though we blew the 2-0 lead, this team looks so much better than last year’s. You’d have been able to put a fork in em at 3-2 last year.

19. B says:

I’m getting claustrophobic trying to read Boone’s comments inside that little box.

–Go Habs Go!–

20. Muckbringer says:

So, ikno i shouldnt be asking but who is out when pk comes back?

• chanchilla says:

you should make your signature longer.

• Muckbringer says:

Ok

Conan: It’s never too late, Subotai.
        Conan: For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm…..

• Bill says:

Right now it is Subban is effectively sitting. He could’ve been cleared yesterday and suited up by tonight no question. Therrien is making him wait. Sending a message.

But as of Saturday, it’s obviously Kaberle.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HardHabits says:

The message is show up on time to practice. He’s how many weeks too late?

No excuses!

• Muckbringer says:

I hear you but we dont know what its like in that situation. if we can assume anything this team and all its staff will continue to evolve

• Muckbringer says:

Thank bill, sorry for ever calling you a leafer btw. I get a bit randy at times

• morivera says:

It should be Kaberle, that would make the most sense to me too. We will see who they sit.

21. Danno says:

Unlike last season, it’s nice to actually believe we can still win even when Price isn’t having his best game.
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Muckbringer says:

How big a good pp is…
      Not looking forward to shootouts still

22. Jmo says:

Mr. Boone,

I’ve always felt that the Olé song is more of an enthusiasm-building song than a victory song. A contrast to explain my opinion:

The “Nanana…goodbye” song is a victory song.

The Olé song is more of a “If you’re happy and you know it…” song.

At least to me it is.

Well hopefully team regroups during intermission. Certainly not a standout night for a few players including Price. A good third period and 2 points are there for the taking.

24. Loonie says:

Plekanec, Gionta and Bourque have been dangerous on almost every shift since they’ve been put together.

• twilighthours says:

If there are lines to be juggled, this one should stay untouched.

• Muckbringer says:

Chucky,gally, and prust is magic as well

• Loonie says:

I think Bourque might get 20-25 in this short season. He’s just a step slower than the other two and that’s such an advantage for him in being able to trail them a little bit on the rush and get great chances.

25. Don Carnage says:

They just added the assist to Chucky on that last goal

26. calvee123 says:

Cole, would be pole, prust would be crust…….. Bahahahaha

27. Danno says:

Gallagher closing in on a Gordie Howe hat trick

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Muckbringer says:

I would change my av to tucker….

• Rad says:

We don’t want Gallagher fighting anybody. The kid would get eaten for breakfast.

28. morivera says:

Gomez just looks invisible tonight, nothing had changed since last year.

• Muckbringer says:

Olay!,,,

• Bill says:

Hahaha

Full Breezer 4 Life

29. Love our Russian blue line! Emelin and Markov having some chat time

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

30. habsfan0 says:

Grigorenko scores his first for the Sabres.

31. FunkyCrabChairNF says:

Its not that it looks like DD physically cant do it, it comes across as mental struggles right now. But thats through a TV screen…

32. Les Canayens says:

Just learned that René Gary Wayne Bourque is his full name.

33. morivera says:

Pens getting their asses kicked tonight by NYI, gotta love it

34. Don Carnage says:

MaxPac to DD is what Hair was to Samson

35. Habbu says:

DD c’ mon man get your poop in order…brutal

36. Ice Storm says:

DD is in ECHL form tonight…. Just sayin’

37. morivera says:

Pens getting their asses kicked by the Islanders. Gotta love it!

38. Seems like they came to life a little but a shame they lost the 2-0 lead, now fighting for the win… hate catch up hockey!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

39. 25insight says:

Desharnais just beasted the entire Jets team

40. FunkyCrabChairNF says:

Kaberle looked good on that power play. Finally. And what a play by Bouillon!

41. Ice Storm says:

A Serious question… How long does MaxPac stay with DD and Cole, if they don’t pick it up?…

42. calvee123 says:

Man, penalties costly along with Price guaranteed 2 crappy goals a game. I wish Price would do the stand out goaltend

43. Loonie says:

Galchenyuk will be this team’s next 100 point player. Book it.

44. Rooster says:

I’d love to see more of cole with the kids !

45. Don Carnage says:

2P 3:46 Premature Olélation
    by Mike Boone 9:07 PM

I almost spit my beer !

46. Bill says:

Galchenyuk should have an assist on that as well

Full Breezer 4 Life

47. Marc10 says:

Nice. We needed that goal by Big 72 and Mighty Mouse Gally!

Who wants it more?

48. twilighthours says:

Quote from my wife: Does Clitsome play with Semin? They should play on the same line.

49. Muckbringer says:

No ole..

50. Haberoooo13 says:

Cole scores when DD is not on!

Na Na Na Les Canadiens Les Canadiens

51. savethepuck says:

Hope that’s a monkey off the back goal that opens the flood gates for him.
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

52. habsfaninboston says:

…and Cole finally breaks out.

53. Blondie says:

Alright Cole! Getting untracked, look out now.

54. frontenac1 says:

Atta Boy Cole!!!

55. Propwash says:

Yessssss Cole breaks the ice !

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

56. Muckbringer says:

“Next goal” cole!,,,,

Gotta love it!

57. Bill says:

YESSSSSS

Full Breezer 4 Life

Good for COle, off the Schneid!

59. Don Carnage says:

Cole about time I was about to drop him from my pool

60. Ice Storm says:

Gallys on the PP = BEAUTY!!!

61. morivera says:

Everytime we win “We played great, this is the team we know and love, we deserved it!”

Everytime we lose “How come the refs hate us, we always get penalties called against us, every goal they scored was not Price’s fault!”

(rolls eyes)

62. At least they can score this year!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

63. Strummer says:

Nice shot Kabby!

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

64. Ncognito says:

Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!

65. patience is a virtue says:

just lost my justin tv link. anyone have a functioning online connection?

66. Ice Storm says:

Noticed a lot of “throw it forward” plays on face offs in O zone… Yet none too successful….
    Get er back Boys!

67. C-Sword says:

Give the Jets credits, they’re forechecking extremely well, Markov is playing badly tonight and Desharnais is just awful. What’s wrong with the ice, why is everyone falling?

Wow hard to figure out what kind of game the refs want to see. That last penalty on Wpg. was weak call, but miss the obvious delay of game.

Seems some refs really want to be noticed, not sure, but so inconsistent.

69. Don Carnage says:

I think the fact that PK is coming back has gotten to Price he must be dreading the low 3’s all ready

70. Muckbringer says:

Make up call!!!

71. Propwash says:

The true test for the team, coming back from adversity.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• Muckbringer says:

Hecks yes! In the face of adversity is alwasys sweeter!

72. Mondou6 says:

Does Price have a save tonight? (The one by Gorges doesn’t count.)

73. Barts says:

Jokinen should’ve been in the box. Wiley vet my arse, more like overrated turd.

74. PrimeTime says:

Shot of the game. No disrespect to Gallys

75. JIMVINNY says:

Terrible call on Galchenyuk, followed by a non-call on jokinen. Shockingly ends in a GA.