Liveblog: Another W; Jets grounded 4-3

160351178_slide

That’s four in a row for your mighty Montreal Canadiens.
Best thing was it didn’t come easily.
The Winnipeg Jets, who were ridding a three-game winning streak of their own, fell behind 2-0 before battling back to take the lead.
A third-period goal by Tomas Plekanec, on the deadly Canadiens power-play, was the only goal of the third period.
Carey Price, who was shaky on the first couple Jets’ goals, made huge saves down the stretch.
Canadiens penalty-kill was great late, when it had to be.

Brendan Gallagher, with a goal and an assist, was the game’s First Star.

His linemate, Alex Galchenyuk, had two assists and was Second Star.

On to Ottawa.

1. frontenac1 says:

Keep yer heads up boys! Those lads from the Peg are pretty big!

2. punkster says:

Every time Boone mentions waiting for or getting his “game notes” I can’t help but hear this tune:

***SUBBANG BABY!!!***

3. Guitarsg1000 says:

Ok well just enjoy the game jab fans!!!

4. Andy and the habs says:

“good in the room”. “Let him stay in the room,” said the best hockey coach ever, “because he’s no f—ing good on the ice.”

That is too funny.

5. Propwash says:

Boone just said it best.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

6. JayK-47 says:

Funny how the team’s stats change by not playing in their zone for 2 periods.

7. Guitarsg1000 says:

Sounds like crap about Pk and I think that this should be a great game tonight.!!!.

8. heartandgoal says:

Hey Sportsfans,
    Been over a year since I’ve posted here and somewhere along the way I lost my avatar/profile pic. Now I can’t seem to figure out how to change it back. Any pointers?

9. McKanadiens says:

I thought this was appropriate: The Ballad Of P.K. Subban.
    Glad to have him back!

10. L Elle says:

I watched the clips not looking for anything, therefore, I found nothing. ;)

11. VancouverHab says:

Scott Gomez: the gift that keeps on giving the haters in Habsville. In pure and perfect absolute irrationality, it is claimed that he is simultaneously so weak that he is utterly useless yet so powerful that he ruins the team he’s on. He’s Emmanuel Goldstein on skates. Horkheimer and Adorno wrote a book about the phenomenon: you might read it for profit if you haven’t already. You’ll recognise H-I/O and L’Antichambre if you do.

Anyway, Gomez doesn’t “miss an open goal” in the clip. He “gets himself into perfect position crashing the net, pulls the puck back with skill and just as he is about to press it over the line he is illegally and forcefully hooked from behind causing his balance to shift and make the final touch a physical impossibility.”

But facts of physics and laws of nature never got in the way of a good pogrom, now did they.

• Clay says:

Come on man – drop it already. No one here hates Gomez. What we hate is a 7.3 million cap hit for a useless player.

__________________________
      ☞ The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard Feynman ☜

• Bill says:

I give you credit for lending HIO some intellectual flair, but the Orwell allusions and references to Adorno and Horkheimer are comically out of place here, haha. Just pitched a tad too high for this place … maybe try some sexist jokes?

Just kidding you man.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• VancouverHab says:

Thanks, Big Bill: and that is just my way of having fun with saying what I believe.

The sexistist (neologism mine) bit I have come across recently is the “Shut Up Steve” Cheerios advertisement. Never fails to cause intense back & forth in class.

• Born in a Bad Year says:

Actually he was pushed off balance by Ryan O’Byrne…

• HardHabits says:

I used to hate Gomez. When he was good. When he was a New Jersey Devil. I used to hate Gomez real mad.

Then he signed a mega-contract with the Rangers that was way north of what he was worth and his game went proportionally south as a result. His game roamed so far he fell off the map.

The he became a Hab, touted as the impact centre they so desperately needed. Were we ever in for a surprise… and it wasn’t good. Forget about mentioning McDonagh.

Gomez. I don’t feel sorry for him. He had a long career and parts of it were actually notable… the early parts.

He nose dived hard as a Hab and it was made worse because of the salary cap and the CBA. Habs fans are just glad that the Gomez episode is over. Hopefully the lesson will forever be learned and etched in our collective Habs memory… to not be repeated again.

12. deuce6 says:

The article on PK by TSN is so far from the actual players’ mouths it isn’t fit…Where is Ryan White’s comments about he is excited to have “Sooby” back in here helping us out or Cole’s “It’s great news”??? Typical Toronto sports casting..What Gorges actually said is that its a relief that we don’t have to deal with the same questions over and over again..
    BTW, all of these interviews were on “game day” when players tend to be in a zone..So yea..Mountain from a mole hill..
    ——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

13. Mavid says:

TSN is a joke..and don’t get me started about the comment section..their mods must have been smokin the drapes..they allow total crap comments, and leave off anything smart or insightful..have not posted on their in a couple of years..this is the only place to come for the real deal..

14. habsfan0 says:

“For some reason, the liveblog went live a bit early.”

Premature livebloging can be a problem when one reaches a certain age.

15. habsfan0 says:

Grigorenko vs Galchenyuk on the weekend.

Should be interesting.

16. Loonie says:

Like I said earlier. In my opinion…….IF players currently on the roster aren’t happy to have Subban back ON THE ICE with them, they’re the ones with the me first attitudes. He makes them a better hockey team on the ice, and if they don’t like that he’s back, it’s them who need to check their attitudes.

• Danno says:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• HardHabits says:

This whole players/nonsense in the room dialogue is rubbish. It’s a non-story. It doesn’t exist.

I am talking from experience. I have character. I have been arrogant at times in my life, but I’ve always been my own worst enemy. Now that I know how to tone it down and not take people’s bait, I could care less how much I rub certain people the wrong way. It’s their problem not mine. The more they doth protest the more they shoot their own selves in the foot.

Subban will mature. His haters will show their true colours but they are online, in the streets or hiding behind a keyboard… and not in the Habs locker room.

The only thing players will give Subban a hard time about is if he plays like crap. If he plays well and contributes to the win, they’ll all love him… warts and all.

17. byrneoNL says:

Desharnais is killing me in my hockey pool. He’d better show up tonight! He’s found that pea-soup fog patch that used to follow AK46 around the ice for a dozen games at a time. Hopefully he gets rolling tonight, already.

18. heartandgoal says:

The current TSN.ca headline is just brutal. Such a fuss, and it’s entirely created by the press. As far as I’m concerned, they’re the only cancer in the room. J.Gorges nearly swore when he was asked three PK questions in a row. I don’t blame him.
    I, for one, am not looking forward to all the ammunition that RDS docu-series is going to give to all the armchair GMs out there.

• Bill says:

For once we can’t quite blame TSN, as they are running a story they picked up from the Canadian Press. I mean yes, they are doing everything they can to juice the story … so I guess we can blame them.

Back on the subject of TSN, some of the reputedly bigger a-holes in the NHL play for Toronto: Kessel and Phaneuf. But every story on TSN about those guys pumps them up. It is getting old.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Loonie says:

“We’re excited to be getting him back”

Wouldn’t be too hard would it?

• Hobie Hansen says:

“I’m also gonna blame our two A captains, Gorges and Markov, for playing into the hands of the press so easily. If ever there was a time for one of their cliches … but noooooo. The reporter held out a match and they poured gasoline on it. ”

That’s what caught me, especially from two veterans. They know what they’re saying.

• HardHabits says:

TSN can literally go bend over and ram themselves hard. They have less a clue about what is going on in the Habs dressing room than they had about the contract negotiations. They are a Torornto-centric shill factory who know where their next pay-check is coming from. Hello. RDS and TSN are owned and operated by the same media concentration that owns every other media related enterprise in Canada.

This is not about reporting facts. This is about providing commentary. It’s the needed soap opera (the controversies) because the documentary (the actual games) are too high brow for the average beer sedated couch potato waiting for his next fix of hot-button information to digest all its own.

19. SmartDog says:

Scott Gomez missing an empty net!
    …for someone else. Priceless!

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

20. Mavid says:

I am looking forward to tomorrow night when Prust teaches that nucklehead Neil a lesson or two..

21. Danno says:

Depending on his facial expression, Marc Bergevin could be a stunt double for either Spock or Gilligan.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

22. Hobie Hansen says:

Most of us agree that TSN and a few other media outlets love to over glorify the PK Subban situation. They know the more talk about Subban not getting along with teammates = more interest by the public. And more interest by the public = more $$$ down the road.

However, Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges and Eric Cole know exactly how their words and responses will be perceived when heard by the public. Hockey players are the kings of responding to reporters in a way that will not stir up controversy – by giving bland, generic and positive answers. They are trained at a young age on how to address the media.

So it’s a bit surprising that the three veterans sort of hummed and hawed over the questions about Subban and were anything but positive about his return. Even after being asked PK questions 1000 times.

Ryan White was the only guy who gave the typical positive answers and seemed bright eyed about his teammate’s return.

I hope this does not come across as me not being happy Subban is back. I wear his T-Shirt in my beer league softball games, showboat around the bases, and absolutely love the guy. I’ve also got his jersey and everyone in my office knows he’s my favourite player and craps on me about it all the time, I live in Ottawa.

The only reason I’m posting this is because if someone on HIO even pondered for a second that there might be riff between Subban and his teammates they’d have posters calling them a trader, racist or whatever else.

I hope it all settles down, I think it will, but there’s no question there are some people in the Montreal organization that are a bit uneasy about Subban.

• donmarco says:

I made the mistake of comparing PK to Gary Carter, my all time favorite Expo, on TSN (worst chat room EVER). as of 6 PM i was leading in minuses. i like PK, think we’re better with him, and hope he plays his entire career here.

• naweed235 says:

well said sir… I’ve been seeing this trend with the team RE. Subban for a while but every time I brought it up here… well you said it…
        PS. Tell that to Trinifan hehe

• punkster says:

I hope this doesn’t come across as me not being happy with your comment but…

Man, you’re no better than the TSN commentator on this video.

Hummed and hawed? Anything but positive?

Talk about making, buying and drinking the Koolaid that TSN sells.
      ***SUBBANG BABY!!!***

• punkster says:

Look in the mirror.

***SUBBANG BABY!!!***

• savethepuck says:

I watched all these interviews on HabsTV, not a few choice clips picked out by the media to stir up a controversy. Didn’t seem nearly as controversial to me listening to it myself.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

• punkster says:

Come on Hobbie, you’re better than this…don’t buy the shiznit TSN is trying to push. That clip, aside from the commentator voice over and comments, was anything but negative. These TSN asshats are doing their “best” to paint PK as a cancer in the room. Their chief analyst, Bobby Mac, blew it when he said first that the offer fro MB was $3.0M per year, then days later said PK would be traded…they’re in cover yer azz mode now.

Don’t believe the hype!

***SUBBANG BABY!!!***

• Hobie Hansen says:

Punkster – I did personally find some negatives from it. Do I think it’s enough to be a distraction once Subban settles back in, no. Does it change my love for Subban or the Habs, no.

But I can also read between the lines.

I’m the first one to call foul if I think something is BS. I am well aware the Toronto media loves to pile on when there’s even a sign of a controversy in Montreal. On the other side of things, it is pretty funny how people believe that every TSN employee works all day on coming up with ideas on how to make Montreal look bad.

23. Say Ash says:

Hey, how come Joe Beef is allowed that name?

24. montrealtilldeath says:

Kane vs Prust? Hate to burst the bubble of the person who chose Prust over Kane in a fight. Kane comes from a family of boxers that I know. No contest. Go Habs

B–
    Are you going to ask PK to join you in the press box tomorrow night in Ottawa for some live blogging!

26. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Word on the street is that PK has shown up overweight.

Well, he does look like a teletubby in Boone’s photoshop, and a rumour based on a photoshopped picture is as good as the ones the TSN hacks get paid for.

27. Ozmodiar says:

1. reporter asks stupid question about PK
    2. player gets annoyed at stupid question
    3. reporter thinks player is annoyed at PK
    4. reporter hacks together a few paragraphs about it
    5. HIO Canada goes nuts
    6. reporter gets a shiny nickle for his work

28. Mavid says:

Budaj Just in case you forgot..I hate the Sens I hope we beat them soundly so I can say we beat them with our backup in the net that is what they would do

29. Galchenyuk says:

LOOOL at Gomez missing the net. That just made my day. hahahaha

Go Habs Go! (@leojl8 on twitter)

30. LA Loyalist says:

Ok. Coming to Montreal for march 11-14, will take in Habs-Panthers game wed 13th – have ONE night free for dinner, I’m thinking Joe Beef, but I am open to suggestions? We’re staying in old Montreal. Cost doesn’t matter :-)

Thanks!

31. Habfan4lfe says:

Haha that pre-game bid gave me a good laugh.

32. Bripro says:

Here’s the twitter update on PK, the Habs and the new fake Plekanec twitter account.

To translate and summarize:

- PK discussions matched the Habs discussions, i.e. over 15,000 tweets
    - Most occurred the hour after his contract announcement, i.e. 7,500/hr
    - For the 5 days prior to the contract signing, the ratio of those looking to trade him vs signing him was 2:1
    - Individual tweeters had a greater impact than the media. Renaud Lavoie’s tweets were re-tweeted 4 times (referencing the Canadiens) more often than the NHL, which was only mentioned 313 times
    - Stubbs, among others, was duped by the fake Plekanec “@Plek14″. It already has over 6,000 followers, since last night
    - And this one you have to look at the link, where André Roy comments on how big MB’s couillons are regarding the PK contract.

33. nbhabs says:

TSN will do anything for readers, now their story is how much of a chilly reception the media got from the players today when asked about Subban. Really, they must be done talking about how great the Leafs are.

34. adamkennelly says:

PK is a very good player. He did nothing wrong in trying to maximize his paycheck. Habs got away cheap because PK realized he had no leverage. Perfect contract – and I expect if he performs well after year 1 – they will sign him long term at higher dollars. His teammates may not like him, but pretty sure they like winning and he makes this team much better.

35. Psycho29 says:

So that punk Ryan O’Reilly is still holding out in his contract dispute with Colorado?
    How dare he think he is bigger than the team?
    My sister’s gynecologist’s cleaning lady knows someone in Denver whos cousin knows someone very close to the team.
    I have it on good authority that this kid is not liked by his team mates. He plays his music a little too loud and thinks he owns the room…I hope they let him sit out the season….
    ;-)

36. Sportfan says:

I hope Budaj is ready he is playing a couple of games this week, or well its at least safe to assume!

37. Habilis says:

Huge 6 days coming up for our beloved Habs. Between now and the Superbowl kickoff, there are 4 games to be played against 3 solid teams and 1 smashmouth defenceman to be brought into the mix.

I’ll be the first to go on record. The Habs will be 7-1-0 at this time next week. Book it.

Edit: Also, the Niners will be polishing their 6th Lombardi trophy, Kaepernick with the MVP. :D

• K-hab25 says:

I hope your first prediction is correct and your second is wrong. I live in Nor Cal, Niners fans are hard enough to put up with as it is. :-)

• Habilis says:

LOL. TBH, if I’m speaking with my brain and not my heart, it’ll probably be a close, physical game. I’m actually really looking forward to it. Been a Niners fan since the age of 8 so you’ll excuse me if I hope you have to put up with the fans for a few more weeks. ;)

As for the Habs, that’s also a heart prediction. Realistically, 5 or 6 of the 8 points would be awesome, anything more is a bonus.

• HardHabits says:

You might as well call “Shutout” with a few minutes left in a game where Price hasn’t let in a goal yet.

If you’re so sure go lay down some hard cash on a Mise au Jeu ticket.

Nobody here would be against a 7-1-0 record after 8 games. Thing is there are 12 periods of hockey to play between here and then. Let’s take it a shift at a time.

If we need cheerleaders there are plenty of beautiful women in Montreal who could fit the bill.

• HardHabits says:

Both Mackenzie and now Friedman have pretty much repeated the same thing I said yesterday after the deal was notched.

• 24 Cups says:

Jane – Hard not to play the ‘what if’ game after reading article #15.

Might be the only mistake that Bergevin has made so far.

• JF says:

Steve – There was a lot of discussion at the time over Bergevin’s not hiring Larry Robinson. My position at the time was that if Robinson had really wanted the job, he would have found a way to get here for an interview, despite the problems at his home. Reading the interview with him, I did not get the sense that coaching the Habs was a priority. The other argument I made at the time was that Therrien has to feel comfortable with his assistants and that the final decision was up to him. For now the D is doing OK.

38. christophor says:

RE: media sensationalism

Watch the interviews and you’ll see clearly that whoever wrote that article about PK was decided about it before he/she interviewed anyone.

The article takes quotes, especially from Gorges, out of context and completely skews the tone they were delivered in. Gorges comments were completely normal. The article makes it sound like he was righteously pissed.

• Steeltown Hab says:

TSN has gone downhill, no more credible reporting and always trying to make a story.

Dreger has become TML management’s media puppet also.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

• Nick1357 says:

I created an account just to comment on how ridiculous that story was. If you actually watch the video there is, in my opinion, nothing from the players that indicated any negative feelings towards PK, only towards the reporters for constantly harassing them about him. They just want to focus on playing hockey, as they should. Absolutely ridiculous ‘reporting’.

39. Danno says:

I wonder how Markov would have answered:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

40. Say Ash says:

Budaj tonight, Price tomorrow?

41. von says:

Gotta love the media sensationalism. If it wasn’t unprofessional, Gorges probably would have said “Now that he’s signed, can you stop f%^&^&^8 asking us about it everyday?”

Like, what do they expect? All the players are going to jump up and down for joy? Perhaps they were expecting to be asked, sounds crazy, but about the game they’re playing tonight?

_________________________________

“Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

42. Habilis says:

Ok, who’s the clown who voted for the Leafs 29 times in the poll?

Never joke about liking the Leafs! The Forum Ghosts are always listening…

43. SouthOttawaHabFan says:

Marko Dano seems like a viable 2nd round prospect, he’s playing in Slovakia at the moment for Slovan Bratslava in the KHL. Only 5,11 but he plays like an “undersized wrecking ball” according to scouting reports. I wonder if he would be a good fit for the Habs……..

I will defer to Commandant, he’s got the final word on prospects around here.

44. commandant says:

Georges Laraque’s house raided by police

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• von says:

First reporters question to every player: “Did you hear the latest about Georges Laraque? Have you talked to him? What do you think about this fraud accusation?”

lol
      _________________________________

45. Ali says:

Why is this referred to as a holdout? He was without a contract. How many of his teammates would play without a contract? I don’t get the cold reaction he’s getting. And this is for wanting a LONG TERM contract?? so strange.

• Steeltown Hab says:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. Media is a joke, and not impressed Gorges used that terminology, especially being a leader in the room.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

46. Habs_4_ever says:

P.K.’s message to Markov and all the other haters.

————————
    “Leave the gun, take the cannoli.”

47. Danno says:

Can we start calling it The System©?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

48. jimmy shaker says:

Why the cold shoulder for PK? Suck it up boys, Carey will be thankful……come to think of it, why isn’t price doing really any interviews at all so far this year?

Emelin/Markov
    Gorges/Subban
    Boullion/Diaz

Not a bad d core at all.

Shaker

49. PeterD says:

I am concerned with this “wait and see” attitude towards PK…the team wouldn’t be doing that for player acquired in a trade…it seems there may be a sense that PK won’t fit in with this group and coaching staff.
    I guess we’ll see soon enough…but I am concerned we could still see a PK trade before end of season.

• davelecave says:

really? you think that if we acquired a player in a trade that hadn’t played in 9 months, hadn’t undergone a physical evaluation and had never learned the systems used by the coaching staff, that player would be thrown right in?

• Mats Naslund says:

I’m not.

This is what happens when lazy journalism meets mass media.

Now you have every troll out there quote mining out of context answers about how the team of hockey players who just held out for months for more money dislike an individual for doing the same thing. Absurd.

You get a few comments about being glad that the issue is settled and focusing on hockey – and that turns into the team hates PK. The sky is not falling. Websites just need headlines.

50. Mattyleg says:

I’ll be there tonight, folks!
    Cheering my guts out from the Grey seats!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

51. SteverenO says:

Flabbergasted…

I though he was a good coach.
    Todd McLellan head coach of the San Jose Sharks is using Scott Gomez on the PowerPlay. After two games Scotty has played 9 minutes and 38 seconds with the man advantage, almost 5 minutes per game.

I doubt if anyone is surprised that during those 9 minutes and 38 seconds the Sharks have scored exactly ZERO times.

I would have thought that everyone involved in professional hockey would have noticed that Gomez` is a PowerPlay killer. There was a time last year when I posted that the Canadiens PowerPlay would NOT have been any less effective if Gomer went out there WITHOUT a hockey stick.

To think that these coaches get paid so well and don`t even bother to do any homework at all. This is even worse than playing Frankie Bouillion on the penalty kill unit.

regards,

Steve O.

52. savethepuck says:

First time on here today, read the previous thread by Hickey, that was obviously put on here to stir some $#it. Didn’t bother to read any of the comments. Let me guess “there’s obviously a problem with PK in the room”. The players are preparing for a game tonight, that’s what should be on their minds, not answering questions about PK. Until he gets in the room and suits up, they shouldn’t be asked questions about him and they probably shouldn’t answer them either. Let’s get excited about watching the Habs hopefully winning their 4th in a row tonight.
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

• K-hab25 says:

Actually alot of the posts were about how the team is obviously happy he’s back. I, like you, thought there would be alot more posts about PK not being as well liked as some think, but there really wasn’t that many. Good though, this whole topic is beyond it’s expiration date, time to move on.

53. ClutchNGrab says:

It’s really not a big thing, but you can guess that those kind of thing happened with a still young Subban more than one time and it can rub some veterans the wrong way

First 20 seconds:

54. Danno says:

Oh lord, please don’t let PK be misunderstood

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

55. bwoar says:

So, will we hear the sound of Lars Eller proving himself tonight?

“thoroughbred”

56. Habfan10912 says:

Looks like a perfect fishing spot.

———————————–

57. aemarchand11 says:

Markov priased Galchenyuk so the argument that his sense of humor is why he answers questions about PK is not accurate. Personality conflict there, and it seems the team wants Subban (Like Hal Gill said) to be somone hes not.

• The Cat says:

Its not very diplomatic for a veteran, even less for an assistant captain to not welcome back a player.

• K-hab25 says:

Gorges said he was happy to not be talking about one player, he wears the other A. Why are you guys trying to make it out like Markov is the only one who has issues with this PK situation. I’m sure all the veterans are pretty tired of talking about PK all time, especially when the team is playing so well.

• The Cat says:

I dont know, most players on most teams regarding such issues would say ‘its an unfortunate side of hockey, its a business, anyway glad its over, we welcome him back, itll help the team’ Is that so hard?

• K-hab25 says:

Ya I agree, I was surprised there wasn’t more of the “PC” answers being said, but I do think they’re just be sarcastic. I don’t think there’s any animosity towards Subban.

• Habsrule1 says:

Cause he couldn’t possibly make jokes only sometimes. I guess people are either always serious or always not.

Wow….just wow.

Go Habs Go!!

• Luke says:

yes, two sentances written down without the question or situation cited to provide context sure does paint a vivid picture.

Who asked Markov the question? How was the question phrased. How many people had already asked the same question? Have the been pestering him with PK questions since the season started? Did he take a puck in the nuts during practice and was tryuing to get to the treatment room? Was he late for an appointment and trying to get out of the room? Was he cranky because his favourite team, the Red Wings, lost last night?

58. Danno says:

Scotty still can’t put it in

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

PK Sunbeam

60. ed lopaz says:

You guys who don’t like fighting should not look at this.

Prust might want to go after someone else, and leave Kane alone.

But Matt Cooke was such a tool, he deserved what he got.

61. RobertAlanFord says:

Lmfao @ Gomer and What’s with the PK picture?

62. ponyboy says:

Habs continue great play at home. Predict 4-1 victory once again. Last line change will be the difference this evening.

63. Danno says:

Does the image above symbolize how PK’s popularity will eclipse all the negativity surrounding his contract talks?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

64. Chris1138 says:

Looks like Markov really hates Subban: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUIlZPolpdA

–| Brad Marchand | Starley Cup Chanpiar 2011 |–

65. Bripro says:

How did Gomez miss that?
    He had the puck on his stick. And he was standing at the net.
    Which means someone brought the puck into the zone, unless it was him.
    Missing the open net. That’s very uncharacteristic…..

66. Hobie Hansen says:

Yikes. 2 tickets in the 200 level, ends, for The Canadiens and Sens in Ottawa on a Monday in February = $318.00. Throw in some parking, beers and food and it costs $500.00 for a guy to take his woman to a hockey game and sit in average seats. LOL CRAZY!

• von says:

I hear you, I was thinking about visiting some family in New Jersey and seeing the Habs play there in March… Lower level near the end was $135 a piece. I was pretty surprised to see how few tickets were available.

_________________________________

• Luke says:

That’s why you gotta go with a buddy. At least he’ll pay for his own seat!

67. frontenac1 says:

That Floating PK head is pretty creepy.Brings back some of those bad trip memories of the 1970″s.

68. Say Ash says:

Halakians and Pricebots, pick your sides: Markov or Subban!

69. wall2bay says:

So apparently Markov can’t say 2 words about PK’s return meanwhile PK praises the guy during the conference call?

Not even, “happy it’s over” or “nice to have him back”? Sounds like somebody else not named PK has a selfish problem!

70. Say Ash says:

Whoa, whoa, Boone. I thought Leblanc was the saviour.

• Bill J says:

Nooooooo

Jesus Price is the savior
      Leblanc’s the next great Franco Hope
      MaxPac is Wolveretty, as he’s made of Patchamantium
      Subban is the Subbanator.

You’d think this was some horrible Wrestling lineup.

71. ed lopaz says:

Hey Boone,

great photoshop!

is it the same lady still doing that work for HIO?

72. The Jackal says:

It is all it is. I bet these guys are tired of being asked about this “saga” for the last few weeks, just after the lockout ended.
    And the triple-low-fives are great, I hope to see many this season.

73. savethepuck says:

Go to HabsTV and listen to all the players interviews in their entirety. Your impression will not be as negative.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

74. Phil C says:

Eller has been handed a golden opportunity to play his way into the lineup. Quite the opposite of a raw deal. He has four weeks to prove he deserves to play every night. If they bench him after that, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.

75. alfieturcotte says:

Any idea why center ice is not picking this game up? It is not on NHL network.

76. red13am says:

Unfortunately no TSN out for me. But the game isn’t blacked out, it’s just not playing at all. Only showing the listings for games.

77. Bill says:

“Kyle Wellfed” ahahaha!

Full Breezer 4 Life

78. FunkyCrabChairNF says:

He didnt miss. He burned price like he should have. Gorges just made an UNBELIEVABLE play.

79. Dunboyne Mike says:

Scroll down for a couple of links below.

80. SouthOttawaHabFan says:

I did not know that here was a Law against malicious cowardice………..

the Lucic incident still makes my blood boil.

81. Trisomy 21 says:

ahh nice thanks

82. commandant says:

That too.

The unit should stay together, with PK on the second unit on Saturday.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Considering the call, a respectable comment. No? :)

84. Komihater says:

Exactly, when was the last time we won a game that price didn’t have to steal or even play badly in. That show a hell of a lot.

85. 25insight says:

Great point Shiloh, price is exceptional on more games than people give him credit for, even if he lets in 3-4 goals. Teams get hot, and teams have good snipers.