Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust

Armstrong

Colby Armstrong, bought out by the Leafs, has signed a one-year contract with the Canadiens for $1 million.
Rugged Rangers forward Brandon Prust has signed a four-year deal with the Canadiens for $10 million.

And Francis Bouillon, a Michel Therrien favourite, is coming home to Montreal to shore up the defence corps.

The signings don’t put a huge dent dent in the Canadiens’ salary cap: Armstrong, one season for $1 million (the Leafs are still on the hook for another $1 million with his buyout); Frankie the Bull, one year for $1.5 million; Prust gets $3 million the first year, followed by two seasons at $2.5 million, then a final year at $2 million..

•  •  •

The D: Gorges, P.K., Markov, Emelin, Bouillon – plus Kaberle, Diaz, Weber, St. Denis.

Not the 1976 Canadiens, but there are worse defence corps in the league (hello, Leafs!)

•  •  •

Armstrong has injury issues. Sprained ankle and a concussion last season.

But he’s a lifelong Canadiens fan who says signing is “a dream come true”.

The Gordie Howe Rule: You can NEVER have too many players from Saskatchewan.

Canadiens have two: Moen and Armstrong.

Former Armstrong Penguins teammate on Twitter: Congrats to @armdog for his signing avec les Canadiens ! He will fit great there! #salut! #bestteamguy

Forwards with sand? Check.

Lack of depth at LW? Check.

Rugged Dman? Check.

And of course:

1,057 Comments

1. commandant says:

Cedrick Desjardins and Mike Blunden sign 2 way deals. Both are probably Hamilton bound.

There is your starting goalie for the Bulldogs.

NHL Free Agency and Trade Analysis now.
    Team By Team Prospect Reports coming soon

2. The Jackal says:

Today’s signings, I think, are much to the approval of Habs Professor, we got some NAG today folks.

3. Cedrick Desjardins makes his return!

4. slapshot777 says:

Didn’t Jagr say last year before he eventually signed with Philly that he was interested in playing for the Habs because it was a better hockey environment.

• neutral says:

This is just another Jagr game. same thing went on last year. don’t believe anything till he signs on the dotted line. my guess he’ll be back in Philly.

5. OK people. Armstrong I get. Ties with Therrien, good height and solid weight with some good points capability if he stays healthy. Not expensive and a good gamble. But the Bull? He’s 5’8″, 37, doesn’t put up numbers and we need a two way defenseman with size? Hello? Anybody out there? The Swiss sheese haven’t got it so why bring back the Bull and don’t get me going on Prust. Another RW who may not take cra… but he’s not a heavyweight (at 6’2″ and 195 pounds he’ll be meat for a 6’4″ 220 pounder) that’s what I thought we needed? Prust doesn’t put up numbers and we have to score goals people! Oh and um… the LW is an empty bus right now….

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• Cal says:

The Bull hits like a 6′ 2″ 220 lbs Emelin. That’s good enough. The team overall is bigger and tougher. Last season’s no-push-back team is gone. Are the Habs perfect? No, but they will be improved enough to contend for a playoff spot.

• If I’m playing the Bull, he’s a full 6 inches shorter and he’ll hit me in the stomach. Confused on that one. I know Bergevin is filling some hopes until we bring up Tinordi and others, so I’m just gonna watch for entertainment value this and maybe next year, since it’ll be tough to repeat the 15th place finish of this year. Who wants to bet Edmonton goes deep into the basement again to get another high pick?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

• mrhabby says:

Heavyweights play 2 minutes a game. Habs need players that are tough have grit both armstrong and prust have that. Frankie brings toughness but at 37 that could be an issue. Armstrong and Frankie are stop gap measures I think. By this time next year, I think the team will look alot different with some elder vet’s gone. Mb is far from done.

• Lizardking89 says:

Exactly. Both Armstrong and Prust are great additions they’re tough and can provide a bit of offense Bouillion is a two way d-man that also provides some sandpaper. All of those guys provide much needed character, size isn’t the be and end all.

6. boing007 says:

Frankie goes to Hollywood. Sorry, Montréal.

Richard R
    Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

7. Habbu says:

MB…..one last chore…….get our brother Boone a contract….

This whole team plays much tougher next year with Moen, White, Prust, Boullion and Armstrong in lineup. Gionta gets a bit more space, heck maybe Gomez has rebirth (ducks and hides). :)

• shootdapuck says:

Rebirth in the AHL!!

Gomez and Kaberle should be given the chance to light up the AHL!

Show their true abilities!

Worked wonders for Souray!
      =================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”
      ” I have a pet peeve”

9. Hobie Hansen says:

Prust was a picture perfect signing for the bottom 6. Allen went pretty cheap to the Ducks, I would have signed him for $12 mill for 3 years if that’s what it would have taken.

I’m hoping Bergevin signs another defenseman who can eat up a lot of minutes before we’re done here. Preferably of the tough variety, we’re still missing that sheriff in front of Price.

Maybe they’re thinking Tinordi will be ready?

10. boing007 says:

Viva Espana!
    Leafs Still Suck!

Richard R
    Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

11. habs001 says:

Jagr was good for the flyers but he seemed to run out of steam as the season hit the last part..he also has groin injury issues..

LOL Doug Maclean is ripping Burke a new one on how he is doing dick squat. I don’t think Maclean is any brilliant analyst nor GM but great hearing a Toronto centric show ripping Burke!

13. secritagentman says:

Sorry Louis but it looks like you’re Hamilton bound. Get the experience you should have gotten last year.

Still think there’s another trade coming. Can’t see Bourque as 2nd line material, nor Armstrong or Moen.

• shootdapuck says:

and Weber possibly Diaz to Hamilton as well!

Good time to clean all the AHL quality out of the Habs lineup!

=================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”
      ” I have a pet peeve”

14. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

#68

15. solomio says:

I’m thinking overall and for a longer term Hudler is the guy but if not coming our way then short term Jagr will be fun to watch with Pleks and Gionta hopefully.Left wing on Pleks line is the only major hole to fill.Frankie the Bull at 36….ummm I’m not too sure about that but when he did play with the Habs, in his youth, he was pretty darn good, although small, was never intimidated.
    Armstrong and Prust just really good picks. Both can play good hockey and at the same time they don’t put up with any guff.
    Whats the word on a back up goalie?

“I figure Bergevin has 3 or 4 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

16. holypricehabsman says:

Thanks habfab, I was just curious with the #’s.

17. habsfan0 says:

It’s now confirmed that Mike Boone’s last day at the Gazette will be August 31. No word on what happens to this blog.

• HabFab says:

Did he say it today on Melnick’s?

• habsfan0 says:

Yup. Confirmed.

• HabFab says:

Forced retirement but I’m hoping that as this is a financial success for them, that maybe Boone will get a subcontractor deal to stay here as Ringmaster of the circus.

• habsfan0 says:

I hope that’s the case as well. But if it isn’t, maybe we can take a poll here as to who we’d like to see run this blog,especially during a game.

My vote’s with Timo.

I really hope the same Frank!

• Lizardking89 says:

Man that sucks. I hope he sticks around HIO as well.

• shootdapuck says:

That really blows!

Hope there even is a liveblog moving forward!

Bloody beancounters!

=================================================
            The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
            “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”
            ” I have a pet peeve”

That is not good news to me. When I first found this website, I spent the first few months pretty much only reading Boone’s blogs and the links provided. I then started reading the comments and got familiar with the “Commentariat”. I have no knowledge of the details, but I will say this. I have not searched out Gazette articles in the past a great deal, but as a result of Boone I was often linked to the Gazette.

I had the good fortune to meet Mr. Boone last year at the Summit, albeit a handshake and a good wish, but I hope nothing but the best for this gentleman who has done a wonderful job providing this incredible Habs website for the fans.

I wish you well Mr. Boone, I trust and hope we see you at the Summit! You have done an incredible job with this site!

CHeers, and Probst!

• HabFab says:

When the rumors first started, it was the week after Red Fisher retired (no coincidence thinks I) and it was announced that 23 members of the editorial (writers) staff of the Gazette would be let go over the next few months. As much as possible thru retirements was also mentioned.

• Caper says:

Damn. Gonna miss him.

• Cal says:

TSN Radio, perhaps, with a link to Boone’s Live Habs Games blogs?
      We can only hope.

18. RobertAlanFord says:

Hearing Jagr two years (still just a rumor)
    my weekly Habs analysis:

19. Caper says:

We now have character and looks like an identity as well. I see Armstrong splitting time on the 4th line and pressbox however it is a decent move if he stays healthy. He is also a true good guy with lots of character.

We overpaid for Prust however that is what Montreal has to do due to taxes issues. With the money he is being paid I think Prust will see more time on the 3rd line than 4th. I can see him playing with Bourque and Eller. Prust will also see time on the PK as he is very good.

Great to have the Cube back as well. We don;t have that true heaveyweight however we are looking good when playing Boston.

Love to see Jagr. If that gets done I think we are set and then the attention turns to Gomez and Kaberle. I still believe Kaberle can be useful as the additon of toughness could help his play plus I believe he still has some good play left in him.

• hockeyscout101 says:

Like your post-In terms of team toughness, this is the step in the right direction. I know that Therrien likes to have a tough guy (HW) on his roster so don’t be surprised if that comes soon. The Habs were right in there for Parros, but he chose Florida. The East is getting a bit tougher, with the Islanders signing Carkner and Boulton today. I stil think Montreal needs that HW.

20. habstrinifan says:

Geez guys! I leave the computer to go chop veggies and come back and you have me googling “Cube” and looking on youtube for his fights.

Dont do stuff like that to a guy.

21. holypricehabsman says:

Habfab I mean

22. holypricehabsman says:

HABfan, where did you get that #? are you already counting out price and subban money? Because even with counting the assumed contracts for them, I am thinking maybe 5 mil to play with, not that we want to cap out at all. And this is before we even deal with gomer and kab

• HabFab says:

-Rounded off the unsigned RFA’s at $14 ml and they are Eller, Diaz, Subban and Price. See PK and CP coming in around $10 and that leaves Eller and Diaz $4 ml. Eller over $2 ml and Diaz under.
      -With the players (17) we have already under contract, that left $6.3 ml for 2 UFA’s.
      -Spent $5 ml on 3 UFA’s dropping Lebanc ($1.17) to the AHL.
      -This leaves us with 23 players and $2.5 ml. We send Weber to the AHL and we have $3.3 ml and a roster spot.

23. HabFab says:

We have $3,300,000 left.

So suddenly we have a whole lot extra grit with Prust, agitator in Armstrong for next to nothing, suddenly Moen and White don’t have to be the only two who have to do the dirty work. Boullion is a nice extra addition, he isn’t Allen or Jackman but he also isn’t a Weber, Diaz or Kaberle.

The grunt work suddenly is far more shared.

I have many Leaf buddies living in Southern Ontario, two of the most respected leaf buddies I have texted me today and congratulated me on getting Armstrong. Both guys loved his signing in Toronto and recognize he had some freak injuries and the concussions but loved what he brought to the lineup when playing.

MB had clearly put a stamp on what kind of team he wants. While we don’t have the “heavyweight” some yearn for, this is not the end of the world. Heavyweights fight heavyweights, those aren’t the scraps we need to win. What we have is a third and fourth line with real sandpaper now.

All players signed today also know how to play hockey.

Love the change in attitude in team. Visiting teams just got a wakeup call.

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

Totally agree, a lot of grit and these guys can play. Armstrong at 1m/year is very low risk, he obviously wanted to come to Montreal because I assume he could have got at least the same money somewhere else. We didn’t lose anybody important and improved the team, hopefully we can sign Price and Subban for reasonable prices.

• crazyhabsfan says:

I’ve had a few Leafey text’s as well.. I hope he can stay healthy. He sure seems PUMPED up though doesn’t he! Grew up a Habs fan, could you imagine playing in TO…lol

When I heard him say that the Leafs told him he could no longer play and that he said no better place to show otherwise than Montreal, I admit I was very happy to hear.

25. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

DarrenDreger:
    TooToo agrees to Detroit. 3 years $1.9 per [via Twitter

26. crazyhabsfan says:

ANOTHER Swede heading to Detroit.. Samuelsson 3yr/6M

27. matt jordan says:

I really hope the Canadiens change the defense of this team with a trade. Last year’s group of defenseman flat out sucked and adding the Cube does not really address anything. The Habs need size on the bottom pairing and at least another guy to play in the top four as I am not convinced on Diaz or Emelin being top four defenseman as of yet.

Subban, Gorges and Markov (If he’s healthy) are all excellent defensemen but they lack size… If the Bruins and Kings have shown anything having huge bodies in the lineup counts for the long haul. I do not want Yannick Weber playing beside Markov on the second pairing…

Tomas Kaberle is a plug who only Gauthier Apologists seem to see any value at all. If there’s no trade option for him he’ll look good as a Bulldog.

I should have patience, there’s a lot of summer left! And thank gawd Gauthier was fired before he did a full Rejean Houle remake of this team!

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

I think a mobile defence corps is more the issue…just look at the Kings D corps itself. They have a bruiser in Greene, but it’s built around 6’0″ guys who can move (a la Doughty).

Guess that isn’t saying much, though is it? Find big guys who can move well. But I think Markov and Subban fit into that category very well. And I’d take Gorges over a lot of guys twice his size any day. Emelin is turning into a beast and is only going to get better. To be honest, I think our D is pretty solid. Bullion as a depth guy…well, he was a depth guy on one of the most successful defensive squads last year. So I think he’ll be solid.

Kaberle to the Bulldogs — yes sir! Unless someone like the Oilers is willing to take him on as they have cap space. And that’d be a helluva PP they’d be able to run with him.

• Mark C says:

In a world where Dennis Wideman can get $5.25M for 5 years, Tomas Kaberle has value at 2 years and $4.25M.

28. holypricehabsman says:

I wish we had the new CBA so we could just buy him out with the buy out amnesty, and free up that cash for a new big signing! Otherwise we we miss out on all the big names in the free agency, and this year there aren’t many big names so the more time passes, the less likely we will get one

29. Dr.Rex says:

The talk has been quiet regarding Hudler and Garrison.

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

I’m guessing Harrison goes to the Canucks with Salo gone. I’d still be up for signing Hudler for somewhere in the area of 3.5 mill for three years. I think he has more offensive upside than he’s given credit for. Detroit definitely, and successfully, cultivates defensively minded forwards.

• Dr.Rex says:

Hudler is more then capable of being a top 6 forward. Unfortunetely 3.5 per for 3 years wont get him……SOmeone will give him close to Leino money.

30. frontenac1 says:

Was hoping for Allen.That’s a pretty good price eh Commandant?Oh well,Frankie the Cube it is then.

31. habstrinifan says:

I tink we should go after Hannan or Salvador now.

32. golesboys says:

In the last week: White, Emelin, Moen, Prust, Armstrong, and Cube. Can’t wait to roll into Boston with these guys. Sandpaper!

33. frontenac1 says:

Hey easy on the Kingston chirps! I”ll let Kirk know!

34. sreuel says:

It is quiet in leaf land must be working on big deals. Not like us who keep Gomez and no results

• Lizardking89 says:

Gomez is unmovable so you can forget about that right now. We have 3 options when it comes to that turd. Buy him out, bury his lazy ass in the minors or play him next year. No sane GM will touch this guy.

• Duracell3 says:

Because the Leafs are known for big results lol.

• LA Loyalist says:

I don’t think there is anyone on here who wants Gomer gone more than I, but that said, management HAS to wait on the new CBA to see what options are available.

We need to just set Gomer aside as an issue until that time. I know it’s frustrating. We are all still processing last years journey through hell and we can’t really embrace the new team until the healing is complete.

That said, if Gomer comes to training camp, I’m thinking pitchforks and torches.

35. D Mex says:

nhl.com : Bryan Allen headed to ANA : 3 yrs / $10.5M

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

36. doug19 says:

Glad habs didn’t pay big money for a name player 35_40 who likely would not help down the road. As for Gomez his style is redundant,can he adapt? Gretsky or Lafleur’s style may not work in today’s game. But they were creative and could adapt and excel.

37. Adidess says:

Dave Morrissette on LCN saying Michel Therrien wanted C. Armstrong and F. Brouillon on board because he doesn’t know his current group of players and needed some allies in the dressing room.

I hope it’s because the GM thinks Francis can still help this team (though he’s 36), and Amstrong is a true bargain at $1M (low risk, high reward potential).

I have to say Michel Therrien is the only decision of the new GM i’ve had to lament over before accepting (kinda)…

• habstrinifan says:

I hope Michel has already spoken to his players and devloped some sort of rapport with them so that this assumption is a dumb one.

38. sreuel says:

Need to free up Gomez money teams like Islanders need contracts to make cap hit. If happens look what we can get

39. thehabsfan29 says:

Really Hope we land jagr.

So much for landing allen. he just signed with the ducks
    3 yr/10.5

40. aj says:

Seems to be quiet right now. Not much reports coming in. 3 signings so far and the best is still yet to come. I think this free agent frenzy shopping will continue for the next 2 more days.

In my opinion, if Parise and Suter do want to be signed with the same team, the best option/s they have will be either Minnesota or Detroit.

EDIT: In terms of Martin Brodeur, I don’t like the idea he’s looking for another team. 19 seasons he’s with the Devils and for him to test the market is pretty much a big “f**k you” to the city of NJ. I would love to see him back in a Devils Jersey.

• Mad Habber says:

I don’t get that. He has been loyal for 19 seasons and he is getting up there in years, by all accounts it looks like the Devils are going to have to go into a retooling phase. Why shouldn’t he be looking for one more chances at the cup?

• Un Canadien errant says:

Well no, the Devils had first crack at him, they’re balking on signing him for two years. They shouldn’t be low-balling him.

41. English is not a Crime says:

Bergie seems to be going fast and furious after the guys with the most work ethic. You can never have enough of the lunch bucket guys on your team if you ask me, so I’m all for all of the moves he’s been making so far. If nothing else, it makes the team tougher to face when they don’t give you a shift off and their role players can defend themselves and dish out some annoyance here and there.

42. frontenac1 says:

Just got home from a great,hot weekend in Montreal and I find out we signed Prust,Frankie and Armstrong?!!! Man,I’m sold on Marc BIG TIME!!!

• English is not a Crime says:

Add Emelin and Moen as re-signings to that list for that matter.

• Kooch7800 says:

I like the grit we added but still not sold on our defense. I like Frankie B but I am not sure he is the only d we need to shore up back there. We also need to score some goals.

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• LA Loyalist says:

Being grittier up front helps the D a lot. If the wings are working in their own zone and not just floating looking for the outlet pass, of course we are going to have a better breakout.

Happy to get the Cube back. That said, I think the signings so far are management’s clear admission that they are buying a year or two for the kids to develop and probably expecting another decent draft pick next year.

My hope for the team this year is to work hard, be opportunistic, and be miserable to play against. If you float you sit. I think that’s a realistic expectation until we can build up our skill level.

• Kooch7800 says:

I agree the grit helps out the D. I just think that is still a big weak spot. In saying that this is the first day of free agency and MB addressed some issues with the habs bottoms six.

3rd line now Moen-Eller-Armstrong…that is a pretty fast energy line that could pot some goals

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• boing007 says:

The better the D, the more opportunities open up to score goals.

Richard R
        Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

43. kempie says:

FFS, we couldn’t afford that? WTFF?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, Bryan Allen gets three years at $3.5M per year from ANA.

• naweed235 says:

difference is that we would have to pay 4M for 4 years to get him… now that is TOO much… Taxes taxes taxes

• kempie says:

Bergevin better be about to pull a monkey out of his shorts or something then. This is our D this year? Boullion? No offence to FB but not what we need right now. I need a drink if we’re going to have to brace for lots of Diaz, Cube, Weber & Kabs. Truly hurlworthy.

44. sreuel says:

How come no purst comments not even from Boone

45. habstrinifan says:

TSN doesn’t show a salary for Brookbank in Chicago. Can you trade rights toady and if so wer ehis rights traded to them. Maybe then we may still be dealing with Chicago … Bourque for Brookbank.

46. Duracell3 says:

Armstrong? Really? At least he only gets to embarass us for a year.

• He hasn’t even played a game for us yet, give him a chance. I think he’ll rebound. However I am still waiting on the “other” important news.. When is Gomez being traded :D

• Duracell3 says:

Did he learn how to hit without his elbows yet? I’m glad we’re picking up the leafs garbage now. If you want someone tough try and at least get someone who isn’t a cheap shot artist who gets tossed around by everyone (Fedetenko for God’s sake) in the leauge when he isn’t turtling.

I actually hope they try and put Gomez on waivers. It may be in poor taste to humiliate him, but I’d like to see as much room as possible to get someone worthwhile.

The new roster is starting to come together! Therrien is getting the players that will get the job done for his style of coaching. A few more signings to go yet though. PK & Price included.

For Oct 27th Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments
    Don’t miss out this year friends.

48. holypricehabsman says:

My last post might sound like I am disappointed, quite the opposite, habs are the big winners today by far, no overpayments, respectable guys signed, but I hope mb doesn’t stop here, one medium sized trade, 1 big signing, and then we can relax

49. temekuhabs says:

Jagr was offered money comparable to what Philly gave him, don’t know if he really wants to come here

50. aj says:

Are the Habs interested to Jagr?

If they are, what are they waiting for? Get this guy signed A.S.A.P.

51. Sami Salo signed for 3.75 M per in Tampa Bay?? Ouch, I am happy with Gorges at 3.9, thank you very much.

52. holypricehabsman says:

I like bouillon, but I gotta say, I was somewhat hoping for souray to be our d signing, if nothingness but to give us that point shot on the power play again. I like Armstrong, prust, but we need one more for our top 6 without using up our budget we have set for price and subban. I can’t wait for the new CBa so we can finally drop gomer. Hopefully we can also trade weber, I can’t stand a guy that can’t even lift the puck with a shot like he has.

• crazyhabsfan says:

PK can drop bombs too, if they’d set him up on the left side for the PP…

• Duracell3 says:

I beive it will be Markov/Subban, Kaberle/Weber(if he dresses) the way things are shaping up for the PP. We have 7 D signed now so I imagine there won’t be any full time help coming.

• habsinthegap says:

I like the Bouillon signing for the character and leadership he brings along with the low dollar cost. Souray still has a heavy shot but I think Bouillon has always played a bigger game despite their size differential. Good short-term pickup for the Habs.

53. D Mex says:

McGuire just finished the opening segment on the Melnick show.
    Among other things, he states Latendresse is presently at 15% body fat.

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

54. Gumper Knows Best says:

You just gotta feel sorry for poor Mr. Horny I gotta do a deal Brian Burke. Sitting on the side lines watching the parade go by. Not to worry. The idiot will do something to get his face in the media. Just can’t wait what moronic move it will be.

55. Psycho29 says:

Great Signings…..Armstrong…..Bouillon….Prust……More to come!!! This team is on the way back.

BTW: Saw a lot of Italian flags this morning….You can now take them down and celebrate Canada Day again….

56. habstrinifan says:

let’s get Scott Hannan

57. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

laughs make a move.

58. RobertAlanFord says:

F!!!! McClemment to the Weeds. He was on my wishlist.

my weekly Habs analysis:

59. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

who is your source? Jagr in a habs jersey and MB asserts himself as THE GM you dont **** with!!!

60. temekuhabs says:

Frankie B, built like a brick s***house, doesn’t back down, solid first pass, character

61. temekuhabs says:

Like the Armstrong signing, ( for the simple reason he was Habs fan as a kid) gotta love a guy who WANTS to play for us, can’t wait for him to play them Laffs 6 times

62. habstrinifan says:

Imagine Colby Armstrong’s first game against the Leafs. Burke says to heck with truculence. He’s signing couple medics.

This guy is mean and has pedigree. His first two years in NHL were fabulous. He’s gonna bounce back from that ankle injury… anyone with ankle injury knows it takes a while to restore the strength there.

63. jols101 says:

Been a Habs fan for 30 years but need some help from you guys about Bouillion. I can’t remember that far back lol. What can we expect from him? What does he bring to the table besides being a hometown guy? 5″8″ 200 lbs sound like a brick sh*thouse. Enlighten me on this guy, Anyone?

• bleublancrouge says:

5’8″ cannonball

I would change my name to bluewhitered but I don’t want to start a controversy

• Jonson says:

as solid as the come, pound for pound one of the toughest players youll find. he can hit like a 7 footer and just a great defender. im so happy he is back!!!

• habstrinifan says:

Truculence. He aint big but he backs up his teammates big time.. that is my lasting impression of him.

And he’s stocky and strong.

• wildwilly says:

Good team player. Positionally sound. Tends not to be noticed… Isn’t flashy but won’t mess up. Makes some decent hits.

• K-hab25 says:

He lays alot of brutal hip checks, decent puck mover and can take on the same size guys a guy like White can. Overall a really good teammate and good bottom pairing guy.

Proud Pricebot since 2006/2007

• Psycho29 says:

On You Tube search Bouillion vs Darcy Tucker.
      It will bring tears to your eyes. (Well it brought tears to Tucker’s eyes)….

64. disgustedhabsfan says:

My sources telling me Jagr will be signed.

65. Habilis says:

Three great and “truculent” additions for a 5mil hit on a 70mil cap. Nicely done MB.

66. jon514 says:

What a difference a year makes. With the exception of DD, Gio, and Plek there is not a forward on the habs under 6′ and we’ve got 6 players (Cole, Patches, Bourque, Armstrong, Moen, Eller) 6′ 2″ or bigger.

Now we just need to add some size/skill/grit on the back end.

Home run would be: Ship out Weber and Kaberle and bring in Suter.

67. like a boss says:

rumour is that top 2 teams for Jagr are habs and oilers

68. Roger Ramjet says:

Franky’s coming home.

Always liked Bouillon.

69. aj says:

@ K-hab25

“Jagr – influenced by Plekanec?”

Hopefully it does happen. I was listening to Brandon Prust when he was interviewed at RDS after the signing. He said that his ’1st choice’ was Montreal. Really? – Prust’s first choice is Montreal or maybe “I choose Montreal b/c ‘ma copine’ likes me to be here”.

He could’ve got a better offer sheet to any other team. Lucky for the Habs though, he agreed to sign here.

• K-hab25 says:

I really think Jagr could bring back the 70 point Plekanec. Combine those 2 with 25 to 30 goals from Gionta and you have the makings of a really good second line. Maybe even could challenge the Pacioretty – DD – Cole for the top line, production wise. Add to that the gritty bottom 6 we now have and we could challenge Boston for the division. Health permitting. :)

Proud Pricebot since 2006/2007

70. hockeyscout101 says:

Hey just imagine if we had Steve Ott for lets say our center down the middle for the 3rd or 4th line. Have a line of Moen and Ott together. Montreal really likes Steve Ott and oh lets say they package up Eller and some other pieces to get him…

71. Gumper Knows Best says:

Bergevin Dudley Carriere

HOME RUN TODAY

Congrats.

The negatives don’t have a clue about character and what that means. One short term contract to cool the Darche politics, one that will be a steal if he stays healthy, and another that will make everyone grow 3 inches
    All around character and no phonies.
    Everyone will be accountable and if management don’t get rid of the slackers, the boys will.

THIS TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR
    Sorry negative leaf nation infiltrators

How is Boston better today? And we will never ever again live that beat up embarrassment.
    DD, Pach and Coley must be going wild!

72. The Dude says:

Please hockey gods…please deliver us Evgeny Artyukhin and all will be forgiven! And if ya don’t,take a hike you Pandora’s open box of prima donna squab !

73. habstrinifan says:

Who the EFF is running the Canadiens? Merlin the Magician. I come home from the Y and headline reads we have signed Prust;Armstrong, and Buillion.

And on top of it all Burke is still writing half of Armstrong’s salary.

Way to go Bergevin. No outlandish superstar signing yer… but you have made this team damn better.

Don’t worry folks.. True we haven’t added a big time scorer, but the atmosphere for a more productive and feisty and kick-ass team is there and it will show u in more scoring from the folks we have.

Bergevin you are too cool! Where have you been last 20yrs man.

MB is gonna fleece someone before this is done. I hope it’s Glen Sather.

Love it!

People wanted us to sign French guys.. LOL… who knew Bergevin’s strategy was to sign guys who wore HABS logo on their diapers like Armstrong.

74. habsfanforever7631 says:

Imagine PG was still here?