Liveblog: Senators 5 – Canadiens 2

Canadian Tire Centre

Takeaways:

• Nathan Beaulieu did not looked out of place. But the only youngsters with a shot to make the team are Jarred Tinordi (the only Canadien to play all six exhibition games) and Michaël Bournival.

• The EGG line (Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk) lookedout of sorts … and not at all like three guys who will be the second wave of the power play this season. Two penalties each for Eller and Galchenyuk. The Gs combined for ZERO shots on goal. And Eller was 2-10 in the faceoff circle.

• Good for Ryan White, who hung in gamely with ferocious Chris Neil and was ready to go with massive Matt Kassian. White had 27 PiM.

• In three preseason losses to Atlantic Division rivals, the Canadiens have been outscored 16-9

•  •  •

Kevin Allen of USA Today has the Canadiens finishing fourth in the Atlantic Division, behind Boston, Detroit and … Noooo! … Toronto.

•  •  •

From Maritime Ronn:

Danny Kristo sent down to Rangers affiliate Hartford Wolf Pack.

Sather should have no worries until January:

Historical Hartford Snow Fall History:
5.8 days in January – 12.3 inches total.
4.7 days in February – 11.0 inches total

December may become an issue, as overnight lows average below freezing at 21.3F with snow possibilities.

1. zip by says:

i know its only exhibition – but don’t you think these millionaires could arrive at camp with the skill: “how to make a pass”?

2. Mavid says:

I am sooooo confused..WHY did we get more??

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

3. Feraco says:

Bournival may not make the team but he has looked very good. I’m sure hell get called up as he can create chances and keep up with the play.

4. Bill says:

Nice hands Thomas.

Also, can somebody explain the reason for the game misconducts for me?

Full Breezer 4 Life

5. zip by says:

when Boone sounds like my junior high vice principal re: White’s hair – you know that nothing has been accomplished in the past 60 years and we are indeed all going to hell in a proverbial handbasket

6. 25Stanleycups says:

TSN Top 50 Players.

8 Weber
    6 Chara

7. johnnylarue says:

Ah, pre-season fighting. Sinus-clearing stupidity.

8. Un Canadien errant says:

Good on Whitey, hanging on for dear life there. Maybe tire Neil out with that wrestling match, he won’t be such a giant pain the rest of the game. Meanwhile Travis Moen gets the easy prey.

• slapshot777 says:

Apparently that holding got him 2 +10 how he got that I will never know

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• Mavid says:

I did not get the feeling he was hanging on for dear life..just trying to get his opportunity to get a punch in..I think he is just a good a fighter as nucklehead

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

• Un Canadien errant says:

I think he did a good job tying up Chris Neil, and yes he was looking for an opening, but he wasn’t going to give him an opening in return. I do think Ryan is a good scrapper (hello to you Johnny Boychuk), but he’s gone up a weight class or two in the past and gotten concussed for his troubles. Chris Neil is a tough nut to crack.

9. Savardian Spin-o-rama says:

Pateryn…brutal.

10. 25Stanleycups says:

TSN Top 50 players.

20 Keith
    19 Doughty
    17 Sutter
    14 Lundquist
    11 Karlson

11. Eddie says:

players have to find their timing that’s what the pre-season is for.

how many power plays has Eller been given in the last 3 seasons in Montreal? which is the entirety of his NHL career.

power play is about confidence and decision making, which is a product of real game experience.

12. Danno says:

Only Sens are allowed soccer goals

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

13. slapshot777 says:

Boone how is that a kick from that distance, common man get real

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

14. Un Canadien errant says:

Monsieur Boone, why no “Play-by-Play Beta” this evening? If it’s not deployed I can’t grouse about it not being as functional as it would be were I in charge.

15. slapshot777 says:

Brutal call, just brutal

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

16. 25Stanleycups says:

TSN Top 50 Players

Letang 33rd

Subban 27th

Quick 22nd

17. twilighthours says:

@bill again….I sort of am a contrarian. You know?

18. B says:

Eller and Dumont combined were zero for 9 on 1st period faceoffs. St.Pierre won 5 of 6.

–Go Habs Go!–

19. johnnylarue says:

Therrien gets his share of… let’s call it ‘abject hatred’ from us for showering DD with powerplay time at Eller’s expense, but I find the PP really exposes the greenness of the EGG line. They have a really hard time establishing puck possession in the O zone. (Anecdotally speaking, I think most of Larry and Chucky’s goals come off the rush.)

Of course, this will improve with time and experience, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the DD + Plecky lines continue to enjoy the bulk of the powerplay opportunities for the foreseeable future.

DD to me indeed has an offensive creativity and puck sense about him that is superior to Eller. I think the problem I have is that, when Eller is going well and doing many other things which DD cannot do he doesn’t get the reward of more PP minutes.

I fully understand that the strengths of DD”s game require he get linemates that can finish and get pp minutes. His game is offensive creativity with puck control. My issue with DD is that beyond that, there isn’t a great deal else.

20. 25Stanleycups says:

TSN top 50 NHL players.

Number 51, Carey Price.

So far Bobrovsky, and Rhinne in the 40’s

Schneider, Luongo, and Anderson didnt make the list either.

• mrhabby says:

Where is subban

• 25Stanleycups says:

The only hab on the list 27th…looking to see what other D-men they have in front of him, so far it looks like Karlson, Letang, Webber, Doughty.

• doogie says:

Doug McLean said Subban isn’t in the top 6 D-Man for the Olympic team. He didn’t like Subban nor Letang making the team.

McLean, wasn’t he the guy who tried his best to ruin Columbus?

• 25Stanleycups says:

That is a sad hater remark. Our best HAB bare none, easily top 5 all around D man, whos gonna get a hell of a raise. Hopefully we can afford him, and we dont need to match some ridiculous offer sheet ala Shea Weber, not that i feel Subban would ever put the Habs in that situation.

• slapshot777 says:

The Habs will never get any recognition no matter how good the players are. Subban could win the Norris 5 years I a row. Still wouldn’t make a difference. The majority of these people picking this sh!t are from the states or Toronto. The guys from the States are not picking players of the Canadian teams and the guys from Toronto are not picking guys from the Canadiens or Senators if they can get away with it.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• 25Stanleycups says:

Considering 23 of the 30 teams are based in the states, it probably goes without saying were there from.

However they stated 7 eastern conference coaches & GMS, and 7 Western conference coaches & GMS were doing the voting.

21. mrhabby says:

Feel preseason has gone on way to long…play 3 games max and get the season started earlier and end it earlier….christ..

• johnnylarue says:

Yeah, I think the lock-out made the pre-season artificially exciting last year. Finding it pretty hard to care this time around.

Especially when we have all of 1.5 scoring lines dressed for this game…

22. sane hockey fan says:

Boone’s whining is in mid-season form.

23. slapshot777 says:

Galley has got to skate there and not take the lazy approach and hold. Those plays will only make him ride the pines or watch from the press box.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

24. Bill says:

Ok, that was not holding.

Full Breezer 4 Life

25. H.Upmann says:

Beaulieu looks good out there

26. zip by says:

Diaz looking tentative and awkward – not at all like last season

• slapshot777 says:

I think Diaz is worried about his job. He sees the talent from these young defenseman and rather than concentrate on his game he is playing the position out of fear of losing his position.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

27. mrhabby says:

Sens maybe a douche organization but murray is an excellent gm…makes fine moves…very wise.

28. Propwash says:

Ryan could be a really good replacement for Alfie…

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

29. zip by says:

welcome to the bigs Dietz

Wow, nice move by Ryan and a great finish.

31. B says:

The lay-an-egg line did not do much with the PP time.

–Go Habs Go!–

32. Bill says:

That is the second really brain-dead penalty I’ve seen Eller take on the PP this pre-season.

He’s not doing much to earn that PP time we all wanted for him.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• christophor says:

To be fair, all I saw was “2 minutes for using your hands to push a guy while you don’t have a stick”. I didn’t see holding and I think the refs really look for holding penalties, consciously or not, as soon as a player drops his stick.

And I’m not a refs-hate-us conspiracy theorist.

• punkster says:

Key word there…pre-season.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
      but…
      ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• twilighthours says:

Eller still has such a long way to go to be the player so many think he already is.

• christophor says:

I think most of those people you’re talking about think he’s a good player who shows a lot of promise. But it helps your drive to go against the grain to interpret those who disagree with you as more extreme than they really are.

How else should I interpret your silence when he makes good plays like setting up that goal and your loudness when he makes minor mistakes like taking penalties? Who’s being unreasonable now?

• twilighthours says:

My drive to go against the grain to interpret those who disagree with me as more extreme than they really are…?

Well I’ve never been called that before.

• punkster says:

U been outed Twi…U a Eller hater, clear as day bro.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
            but…
            ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• twilighthours says:

I guess that’s the end of the story, eh punk?

• christophor says:

Just a minor drive, like looking to criticize consensus, which is usually a good thing but can have bad side effects. – e.g. People are saying good things about this Eller guys and so I’ll subconsciously magnify his mistakes.

• Bill says:

I think he means you’re a contrarian.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• punkster says:

christopher, I think either you’re confusing twi with someone else…or…well, the alternative is too frightening to consider.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
            but…
            ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• B says:

Now you’ve done it.

–Go Habs Go!–

• twilighthours says:

@bill, why use one word when you can use thirty?

@chris, if you’d like a full scouting report on Eller, including all my personal feelings and predictions, you’ll have to scroll through all the old comments. You might be surprised at what you read. Until then, you’re free to think what you like about me! Cheers.

• christophor says:

Twi, I’m taking yours and these guys’ word for it. I must have someone else in mind, since I’m associating certain posts with your username. Apologies. And even if I’m right, I’m really a pot calling the kettle black, since I’m often a critic.

Edit: and I appreciate the crack about wordiness. Bang on in this case.

• Bill says:

@Twi, I was setting you up to say “No I’m not” … you blew it buddy …

Full Breezer 4 Life

• twilighthours says:

@chris, no worries dog. And since you’re curious, here’s a high-level summary (middle-management style):

Eller is a blossoming hockey player, very good at matching up and neutralizing his opposing centre. I thought he was the swing factor against the senators last year – when he got hurt, our series was over. I think he’s a fantastic athlete, but his hockey sense leaves something to be desired – specifically, the use (or lack thereof) of his wingers. I doubt he’ll ever be a good goal scorer, with 22-24 goals his upper boundary. And I don’t think he’s done enough to deserve the best wingers in the team yet (although he’s got some damn good ones, so as soon as he learns to give them the puck once in a while, things will be copacetic).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled grumbling about pre season.

• christophor says:

Now that you say it, I do recall that fox-face together with the idea you just proposed of Eller being the swing factor in that series.

I think 24 goals would be a very good year for Eller at his peak. His upper bound, I think, is a poor man’s Joe Thornton.

Did his play leading to the first goal of the game warrant anything? Seemed like a real ticky tacky call. Not to say he can’t play better, but as Punkster says this is pre-season.

Amazing the difference of calls from Pre-Season to Playoffs. Regardless of whether or not Eller held him, the fact they call it now, but wouldn’t consider calling it in the playoffs is just so hard to figure out.

34. slapshot777 says:

All the so call experts with there predictions. They pick the Habs to finish out of the playoffs, yet pick teams like the Leafs, Flyers and even Sabres to make the playoffs. Habs not getting much respect. Even when they do good it always seems to be an excuse why or a fluke.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

35. zip by says:

liking White so far in exhibition

Good shift by Whitey.

37. Mavid says:

Cannot wait till Parros gets his hands (or fists) on some of these tools

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

38. Mavid says:

I thought Tarnasky got the better of nucklehead

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

• slapshot777 says:

Tanarsky did get the better of the fight he popped Neil twice in the head and even knocked off his lid. That is why Neil wanted to try and get back at him.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

39. Bill says:

Pateryn … you make a better door than a window.

Habs D, please stop screening your own goalies.

40. Bill says:

Read an interview with Ken Holland yesterday. He was asked if he was worried about his team moving into the East since they don’t carry an enforcer and the East is so tough.

I found that funny because people are always posting here about how much bigger and tougher the teams from the West are: “the Habs would get crushed by those big Western teams”, etc.

He answered no, by the way.

41. Danno says:

Nygren!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

42. Psycho29 says:

I was flipping this morning and on Sportsnet they were discussing the Kessell 3 exhibition game suspension…..
    Doug McLean said it was an embarrassment. Nick Kypreos said it’s not a suspension, it’s a gift…

43. Hobie Hansen says:

Hanging out with Jess Rusnak eh Boone, watching hockey, how did you get your job again? ;-)

44. Habilis says:

“The wrestling thing has gone on for 10 minutes. My pressbox neighbour, Jess Rusnak of TSN 690, says it’s to pump the tires of a WWE show coming up here”

Boone you sly dog! I bet you picked that spot just to make Timo jealous. Heck, I’m jealous!

Well played sir.

45. Hobie Hansen says:

Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 1m

Pat Hickey just told me he’s not really expecting the Habs-Sens rivalry to get too ramped up tonight. Wipe off your facepaint, guys.

Saw some comments thinking the Red Wings were on the downswing. Not sure I believe that, that team had a big obstacle to overcome with the loss of Lidstrom. As the season went on they got stronger, and nearly knocked off the eventual Cup Champions. That team is still a top contender in my view.

WIll be interesting to see if the different conference style of play is a factor for them.

• Hobie Hansen says:

The Wings have the possibility of catching some of the gooned up teams in the Atlantic division off guard. They are like the Jacques Martin Habs, speedy and disciplined, but only much better.

• Habfan10912 says:

Ya think they have enough tough heavy weight fighters in their lineup? Sounds like that’s the new formula.

• B says:

Of the teams in the new Atlantic division, only Florida and Tampa had less points than the Red Wings last season. Detroit had one more point than 9th place (and out of the playoffs) Columbus last season. I don’t think they are the juggernaut they used to be and I don’t see them as a favourite to win the Atlantic this season.

–Go Habs Go!–

47. Alvin says:

To tell you the truth that’s a fine squad of players HABs are icing tonight. Don’t know who Sens are putting on the ice but if it is a comparable, in terms of rookieness, should be a damn fine game.

Spezza apparantly didn’t skate today and had the city in a panic, thought i heard though that no injury, just day off.

Hope Krob enjoys the game tonight, hopefully the kids put on a show for him.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Agreed! I was typing a response to his post earlier in the day but that damn work got in the way again! Hope he has a great time cuz I know he and his kid were upset about the rookie squad tonight, hopefully they put on a good show!

• Habfan10912 says:

I enjoyed the building when I visited. Many good places to eat. On the hockey side, Eller will step it up tonight and that Bornival fella. .

50. Marc10 says:

Ah the Sens. I wonder if the officials will butcher the game like they did in the playoffs last year? Non goals that counted. Faceoffs on the wrong side… Flagrant goalie interference. Good times… Not.

51. JO says:

Tonights game is just a game to decide some more cuts for MT and if Ottawa gets nasty. Could be a few upper Body injuries for the Habs!!

HIO MEMBERS SUMMIT CHARITY RAFFLE, ITINERARY & LOCATIONS

“Some fantastic raffle prizes this year folks!”
    Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

53. HabFab says:

Good gravy, the pacifists are taking a beating in today’s poll!

54. Highspeed969 says:

Anyone know of reliable streaming sites for hockey? Thanks

55. Danno says:

Are the Sens a rinky-dink franchise?

Take a look at how they sell tickets and judge for yourself:

Senators Fight for Ticket Sales

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

56. kerrgte says:

i really don’t see the point of icing an all rookie squad. MT should know his players quite well by now.

Ottawa is icing a mix of vets and rookies. Look out for Neil to do some damage.

57. Mark C says:

I thought Danny Kristo was going to win the Calder this year?

58. on2ndthought says:

Haven’t had much time recently, this phase only lasts until June. Is anyone else very worried about Tokarski clearing waivers? I thought he looked really solid in pre-season.

“a cannonading drive”

59. Maritime Ronn says:

Danny Kristo sent down to Rangers affiliate Hartford Wolf Pack.

Sather should have no worries until January:

Historical Hartford Snow Fall History:
    5.8 days in January – 12.3 inches total.
    4.7 days in February – 11.0 inches total

60. Maritime Ronn says:

Boone says:
    ” …I’m ceding the top two spots to Boston and Detroit.”
    —————–
    Well, I’m not.

Why does Detroit get a pass from so many and ‘a given’ to make the playoffs?
    Forget about history, pedigree, and the past, and look at what they have done lately, and what they have today.

Last year, they were 1 point away from finishing in 9th place and out of the playoffs in the West.
    1 single point!
    Their PP was 15th in the NHL, and their PK was 12th.

Their line-up looks good if history matters, yet the many guys have several miles on them.
    Alfredsson turns 41 in December – Datsyuk is 35 – Zetterberg turns 33 in a few weeks.
    The Detroit D is nothing to write home about, and besides Kronwall, is suspect at best.

This Detroit team also played in the ‘soft’ Central Division last year, but will have to put up with the physicality of Toronto, Boston, Buffalo, and Ottawa in the same Division, along with rough and tumble Conference rivals in Philly and Columbus.

They never had to deal with this kind of overall physicality in the West.

Detroit will be lucky to make the playoffs this year and will get an 82 game rude awakening.
    Welcome to the East.

61. Ron says:

Free Center Ice until Oct 19 2013. $160 for the season after that.

EDIT: Begins Oct 1

62. Ron says:

Free Center Ice until Oct 19 2013. $160 for the season after that.

63. Hobie Hansen says:

Hey Kristo was demoted before Thomas!

64. piper says:

Looks like it’ll be Travis and a bunch of kids against the sens tonight.
    Should be fun to watch.

65. JUST ME says:

Mathias Brunet of la Presse just reported that Danny Kristo has been sent to the Amercian league by the Rangers. I doubt that this is any surprise since it would have been a long shot for him to do good in an 82 games schedule. He may be 23 years old but still…

• shiram says:

So your saying he is older than Louis Leblanc and he has not played a single NHL game??
      #BUST

• Strummer says:

I thought the injuries and holdouts on the Rangers may have created an opportunity for him to start in Manhattan

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• johnnylarue says:

I don’t know if his reputation as a “party kid” was blown way out of proportion, but the first thing that came to mind when I heard he’d been traded to NYC was, “That can’t be a good thing for a kid who likes to party.”

I guess the Chris Higgins Career Collapse is still fresh in my memory.

66. Ghosts of the Forum says:

I think the Senators are a far better team than the Red Wings

• johnnylarue says:

They do appear to be trending in different directions. Certainly, Ottawa acquitted themselves nicely considering the significant list of injuries. Which you might say is one of the hallmarks of a “strong” team.

That said, while it’s logical to want to draw conclusions from last season’s results, is it wise? A lot could have happened over the course of those 38 canceled games… For every team that finds a way to get ‘hot’ for 40 games, there’s another earmarked for a late-season collapse or a series of unexpected slumps.

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

Good point, but when I look at their depth — especially on defence and in net, they’re looking awfully solid to me.

And, I’m sure I don’t need to tell anyone this, Bobby Ryan is a huge upgrade on Alfie (at this point in their careers).

The only potential weakness I see is secondary scoring. Turris isn’t quite the player everyone thought he was going to be…

As for Detroit, they’re solid as always, but don’t have the same level of dynamism they did. But I’m more than happy to have them in the division — even if it makes the Atlantic tougher, it’s worth it to see more of Datsyuk :)

• DipsyDoodler says:

Nah Detroit squeaked into the playoffs last year and beat us due to our injuries and some very bad refereeing. OK and #31 had a few problems.

Trust me on this one: Ottawa are not good.

• johnnylarue says:

Gah!! I’d completely forgotten about the Bobby Ryan Factor. I’ll concede that on paper, Ottawa definitely looks pretty good. Can’t argue that, really.

And I’m also stoked to see more of Detroit and Datsyuk. Classy team, great coach, entertaining style… what’s not to like! It would be pretty nice to have a rivalry with a team in the Atl division that isn’t about avenging a season-ending/life-threatening injury, in any case.

67. 123456 says:

16th

That’s a fact JACK.

68. Propwash says:

As with any other exhibition games, I’m not going to look too deeply into this one.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• johnnylarue says:

I actually like that Therrien has decided to ice two different for these back-to-backs. It should help to alleviate any stupidity that might have spilled over from the playoffs.

69. Mavid says:

no rivalry, they are getting way to much credit for a fluke series..a nice solid win for our Dogs otta shut them up for a day anyway

#stupidsensshouldgoaway

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

70. Mavid says:

#octothorpe

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

71. mdp2011 says:

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
    Despite Ryan Callahan and Carl Hagelin missing the start of the season, Danny Kristo still cut by the Rangers. Ouch.

72. Thomas Le Fan says:

Ottawa? They got lucky. Yeah that’s it. Lucky. They still have one of the worst team nicknames in pro sports, unless being named after someone overpaid and useless is a good thing plus their logo makes no sens and that’s a fact Jack. Too bad they didn’t get lucky there. Go Habs!

There is no crying in baseball, “i” in team or “chuck” in Galchenyuk.

73. commandant says:

WHL East Division Preview

A probable top 10 pick (maybe top 5) and some good defence prospects.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

• BJ says:

I would love to see Draisaitl end up with the Habs. I photographed his father when he played in the DEL (Germany), he was an excellent player and his son will be even better. He’s a big strong forward and unbelievable passer.

74. commandant says:

Let me be the First (edit: second) to welcome back Boone’s live blog.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

75. johnnylarue says:

Proof that there’s no such thing as a free lunch on NHL Center Ice.

76. Ron says:

We do get to listen to the laffs crew giggle and squirt on laffs TV when they play. Such fine phrases as here come the blue bombers when orr and that other freak come on the ice.

77. Mavid says:

not sure about the tires but I was told you can use Canadian Tire money..but I have yet to verify that

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

78. Hobie Hansen says:

You can use it to buy beer. One hockey bag full equals one small beer.

79. johnnylarue says:

Worth it!

80. Bill says:

I was under the impression that Boone was a hippy …

Full Breezer 4 Life

81. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

If only he could.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

82. Mavid says:

he does alright??

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

83. Strummer says:

perhaps his hair could improved by an application of your weed wacker?

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

84. johnnylarue says:

I think it’s safe to say the Bulldogs don’t stand a chance against the Sens this season.

85. johnnylarue says:

Yes. Here’s hoping he comes home with armloads of pre-broken tools from China’s crappiest factories!

86. Un Canadien errant says:

The obsolescence is built right in!

I would never for an NHL game anymore unless Habs are in a Stanley Cup finals. That’s where I draw the line.

88. Maritime Ronn says:

Hi florida
    The Habs drafted Fucale but he would not be ready to challenge for at least another 4 years

89. 25Stanleycups says:

By the time that happens again, you won’t be able to afford the 5K per seat minimum charge.

1. Already established – don’t tell me that Bouillon, Diaz and Murray come ahead of Tinordi.
    2. Dream on
    3. Not a difficult feat to achieve
    4. 50-50. I would not be so quick because he will probably be getting more attention this season
    5. Price will start having his groceries delivered
    6. Gallagher needs to get meaner and dirtier
    7. Doubt it
    8. I would re-sign Prust
    9. Beaulieu / Tinordi will replace Diaz/Bouillon (please make it so)

91. Ron says:

Nice list of hopefuls. I agree with all these and if they all come to bear fruit we should go far in to the post season.

92. Ron says:

What did you think of Whites hair last night, did it have enough flair for you ?

it is not silky smooth.