Liveblog: Playoff hopes flicker

Bourque

Carey Price’s teammates blocked more shots than he did.

And now the Canadiens play a back-to-back on the road.

The worst power-play in the league was putrid again.

But Rene Bourque won the retribution fight.

1,036 Comments

1. calvee123 says:

Is it me, or it seems like price is really weak to the blocker side, and then he always drops to his knees which hurts his play. Now he is not responsible to score so the Habs would have lost this anyway cause they don’t score much.

2. cashbagg says:

Luckily we signed Kaberle…otherwise we may have been in 13th place…wait a sec…

fail.

3. Badwich says:

Price lovers don’t see le prix we pay on too many nights. It’s OK for a goalie to have a bad game every once in awhile. The most you lose is 2 points every once in awhile.

Price’s problem is that on many, many, too many nights he lets some absolutely softies in. Ever play in front of a guy who does that? It’s very demoralizing to say the least and it makes winning, with our lack of real shooters, almost impossible when it happens early and more than once.

Shouda played the Budda. He earned the start.

Give Price a long term BIG money contract? J’espere que non but that’s what he’ll be looking for. Let him find it elsewhere and let the Habs reap some real talent in return.

My guess is however that the word is already out there and the word is inconsistent.

Taberwitt

4. nellis13 says:

I actually think they didn’t play that badly. The PP was pathetic and CP got out goaltended, but assize from that Gomez is finally starting to look good (wtf?) and the team played tough… we actually won a fight.

5. 100HABS says:

People talking about house-cleaning and blowing this team up. That’s not what’s needed. You look at the teams of old that succeeded, the players played together for years and got a sense of loyalty and feeling at home (un sentiment d’appartenance).

What’s needed is patience. And a healthy Markov!

We also have some good prospects coming up – 6 in the world juniors.

• EastCoastHab says:

I agree with most of what you say but this year? Patience was 15 games ago. They don’t have the quality to compete this year, it’s the painful reality

• EastCoastHab says:

First time I laughed all night!
      Don’t hold back tell us how you really feel!

Thanks!

• HardHabits says:

5 players; Prybil, Gallagher, Tinordi, Bournival, Beaulieu.

IMO a blow-up is not needed but the team needs to sell this deadline and forget about the play-offs this year, try their best to trade Kaberle, Gill, Moen, and/or Kostitsyn.

Build with Plex, Cole, DD, Pacioretty, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bourque, Eller.

See what other players may garner picks. This is not a play-off team. They aren’t a very good regular season team. They haven’t been good since the pre-season. They have won consecutive games only 3 times this season if I am not mistaken.

As an organization they have had only one top 10 finish since the last Cup.

What’s it going to be then, eh!

• ManApart says:

Bro, I’ve been telling you for 3 years about what would happen. Are you still on the hope bandwagon? Face it, it’s over. You have to come to grips with reality for once in your life.

6. 1973Habs says:

Let’s not throw Price under a bus, folks. Without him, we might have only 20 points this year. It’s the rest of teh team that isn’t good enough to compete.
    That’s the GM’s business. Let’s make sure we get who we want to hire before we can Gauthier.

7. smiler2729 says:

Q: What the hell is a Petteri Nokalainen anyway?
    A: 2004 – 1st round (16th overall) by the New York Islanders

Was that a Milbury or a Snow?

Goats had to have him no matter.

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

Souray. Streit. Schneider. MAB. Wiz.

It isn’t friggin’ rocket surgery.

In other news:

Bourque was the Habs 1st star tonight; won his fight and hit the post.

9. alfieturcotte says:

FIRE GAUTHIER, FIRE GAUTHIER, FIRE GAUTHIER

The architect of this debacle is still employed and he still has time to leave his paw marks ont eh Canadiens dim future. We will not make the playoffs, trade our players and get some young talent or draft picks. Cammy for Bourque, is not trading for the future. Kaberle at $5mm/year, OMG!

Whatever he does, Carey Price is not worth $7MM for 7 years. He is good, but not that good. To lock up 7 years at Gomez like money is ridiculous. Who cares what the recent mistakes comps are (Rinne). Goalies are a 3-5 year max project. Win the Stanley Cup and then perhaps we can discuss a 6 year term.

• Mattyleg says:

What are the bad moves that Gauthier has done, according to you?
      What are the good ones?

(btw, Cammy for Bourque is about getting rid of an underperforming bad seed for a big body that can mix things up in front of the net, not about the future. You don’t trade away a $6m player for ‘picks’)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habsfan0 says:

Bad Move: Accepting employment from Club de Hockey Canadien.

Good Move: About to come, when he’s shown the door.

• HardHabits says:

I like the Bourque trade. Dislike very much the Kaberle one.

His summer make-over has been a disaster. He should stay his hand and start thinking seriously about the play-offs… for 2013.

• alfieturcotte says:

Have there actually been any good moves? Maybe Eller for Halak, but frankly, jury still out on that one.

Markov, Kaberle, SK74, Moore, O’Byrne, Pouliot, and the list goes on……

• bellcentre hotdog says:

Signing Cole this summer has proven to be a good move. I like the Cammy trade … Also a good move in my opinion.

But Gauthier has also made some terrible moves … His signing of Markov has to be one of the worst. 3 years at $5.75? C’mon man!

10. Gumby1964 says:

Maybe the players are intentionally tanking to get a good pick. Management can’t do anything about that. You can’t get rid of the whole team.

Ken Dryden: “There are two types of forwards. Scorers and bangers. Scorers score and bangers bang.”

11. Ferg says:

With the exception of Cole, Bourque and Subban tonight, who came to play?

Bourque stands up for himself, and by extension this organization in only his 2nd game, and this team supports him by shitting the bed again.

Cole sacrifices his body on every shift for a scoring opportunity and guys like Kostitsyn and Plekanecs float around like the quitters they are.

Subban drives me crazy but you can’t deny that he comes to play every night. And Kaberle, who was done in Toronto 5 years ago, gets 20+ minutes of icetime.

Good for Gomez and Gorges too. They did what they could.

You know, I think we all keep watching this team because we think they are an extension of the Montreal Canadiens teams we grew up with. We see Beliveau and Richard in the crowd and think we are watching Les Glorieux. But we’re kidding ourselves. These are not Montreal Canadiens. These are professional hockey players. And they don’t care who wins. All they care about is the paycheque and they know that win or lose, the money will still be there.

Geoff Molson, blow this thing up and blow it up tonight.

12. CHicoHab says:

This season might set a record for being shutout……….
    “take your time and hurry up”

13. EastCoastHab says:

So…where is my positivity??

I have tried to keep the faith, not listen to the crap and hold on to the shred of playoff hopes. Right now I have formally thrown in the towel.
    Now I have to take my boy to Montreal (from Newfoundland) for his birthday later this month. I would cancel but he would lose his mind.
    I wonder how he will feel when he sees the game? It’s gonna cost me a ton of cash for hotdogs and other things to keep his mind off the game!

Any body up for a game of Line Combos™?

15. thirdstone says:

How are we complaining about Price? Are you people serious? We get shutout, we don’t score on any of those powerplays, and we are down on the goalie that is very understandably starting to have bad games past the halfway point in the season in which he’s been one of the only bright spots? Come on guys, the ONE thing the habs have is the stud goalie of the future, and you bitch about him in a game that his team wouldn’t have one if he posted a shutout. Pathetic.

• HardHabits says:

Tell us how you really feel.

• Lizardking89 says:

Pretty much this. This team has one bright spot and that’s Price after that pretty much anyone on this team is expendable. This team needs a massive house cleaning time to get some competent hockey people in the front office and rebuild the right way. Not some half-assed rebuild thru free agency. Gainey and Gaulthier got the team into this mess and they need to be removed from this team as soon as possible.

• HardHabits says:

Price is not the Franchise. The Habs should start drafting goalies. Everybody needs motivation in the form of a replacement. Anointing him will create complacency where it never existed before. It’s human nature.

• Lizardking89 says:

I agree but as of this moment he’s pretty much the only bright spot on this team right now. Seems like this organization purposely trades away any goalie that has any shot at making the show so that Price is the undeniable number 1. That thinking isn’t healthy. When Price had a bonafide competitor for his job he sulked and had a lousy season . When all his competition was gone he had one of the best seasons of his career.

16. smiler2729 says:

Potty mouth!

Stop showing passion!

The millionaire hockey players might see it.

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

• aj says:

Its rather good that they should see it rather than using such kind, constructive crticism like “I think were losing games b/c we have a losing mentality.”

17. 100HABS says:

Got the chance (sic) to attend the game in a corporate box tonight. The highlight was when I saw Pierre Boivin and his wife (I assume) come out of the elevator. I was surprised to see him and said “M. Boivin! Vous êtes toujours impliqués?” They both chucked and he said “En tant que partisan”.

I thought that was cool. Also, there was no other highlight to remember on this night…

18. smiler2729 says:

How long ’til we get somebody posting their wishlist forward lines, defence partners and goalie pairings?

Example:
    Leblanc-Giroux-Bourque
    Y
    A
    W
    N

G’night.

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

19. slychard says:

Des rigoleur! Pas plus que ca!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

20. tippytoes says:

Price & first rounder for Halak

21. lavie says:

Carey Price’s teammates blocked more shots than he did.

Then, we go from there, and it’s not too late to know the fact that We Cannot Count On Carey Price!

22. powdered toastmann says:

Sign her now PG…she’s portly, truculent and can hold a note.

23. Dude of Dudes says:

sCAREY! sCAREY! sCAREY!

24. smiler2729 says:

Hey Boone,

Don’t even bother with ALN, really, what’s the point?

Just let us keep venting until Goats is soup.

Coming down again…

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

25. otter649 says:

Habs powerplay is the same as their shootout shooters as they get shots and opps to score but have no finishing touch and is reflective in the league standings with so many losses etc……

26. G-Man says:

Alas, Don McLean

A long, long time ago
    I can still remember how
    Those Habs used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make these lyrics dance
    And then Hab fans would be happy for a while.
    But then a cold night in January
    The Caps were being sanguinary
    Bad news for coach Cunnyworth
    The Caps goalie was Neuvirth.
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his wounded pride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the hope for Stanley died

So…

[Chorus]
    Bye, bye to the Stanley Cup Drive
    Watched the Habs drive me crazy; I’d drink until dry
    Watching les boys score no goals after many tries
    Thinkin’ this’ll be the day that they score
    C’mon guys; one more.

27. nickster13 says:

I wouldnt blame the staff or owner or coach, this one is on the players. The players havent lived up to expectations and most are streaky one-dimensional players sadly. So expect changes to be made. I am not dissapointed really, as this is our reality that i have accepted, and we can come back stronger next year. Rebuild Sens style!

28. PureGuava says:

Price sucks.

29. price365 says:

3 goals on the first 10 shots – our Goaltending maybe not as good as we think – the “D” had to be good only allowed 16 shots – as far as goals washington only had 9 more goals than the habs coming in our goaltending is a question mark – we out shot them 31-16 couldn’t score their “D” was weak – they’re goaltending was the difference that’s why they got the 2-points.

30. habsfan0 says:

Is it my imagination, or did things start going south on this franchise just as soon as owner Geoff Molson(and his merry band of lawyers) demanded that the site name be changed from “habsinside/out” to “hockeyinside/out”?

The hockey gods were NOT amused.

31. RiverviewCanadien says:

Yes he should have stopped the 2nd goal. But he should have been on the bench to start the game.

Budaj played well enough vs the Rangers to draw the Capitals. That is on Cunneyworth. Not a knock on Price (I have to admit, I was madder than a mosquito in a mannequin factory after that 2nd one). He was not the only reason they lost.

The team out front did not do enough. So in the end, everyone sucked (I never watched the 3rd, so maybe they poured it on – hahaha). Sure there were times where it seemed like they could get it done, instead, the Capitals backup goalie said “not tonight, none”.

Frustration is setting in big time. Almost seems like the players are playing, like they could be the next to go. Not a good dressing room right now. I don’t think I need to be an insider to know that. It just can’t be fun right now.

One thing that could change things around, is to name an “Interim Captain” (that is seeing Gionta is likely gone for the season). Sounds silly that it could make a difference. But I bet it can have an impact…ask Mike ;)

Got to admit, Bourque plays a hard game, he respects the boys club rules of the game. Knew what he did was dirty, took ownership for his OWN mistakes and acted on it (hey Bert is still playing, and on the Red Wings, a very respected club). That is a character player. Someone the Habs need, plays with emotion. I don’t think they have enough of those guys.

//end rant

Ahhh the Kovalev days always brought playoffs…and a great PP.

Can we call the KHL and borrow him for the rest of the season? (3,2,1…let the Kovy bashing begin)

32. duffy says:

I guess the reason there was no boo ing at the end of the game is because the place was empty.

33. manu07 says:

I thought price would have picked it up to prove he’s worth 7 mil a season. Guess not! But PG will lock him up tomorrow for that 7 mil for sure after this terrible performance. That seems to be the way he operates…backwards!

34. habs001 says:

diaz and weber would look great on davos..but not on the pp for the habs…

35. saskhabfan says:

Too bad we didn’t keep halak.Could you imagine a top line consisting of nugent-hopkins and yakupov?

36. habs001 says:

goal now 29th..and the only games we win this season is vs the bruins and leafs..lol..doesnt sound that bad i might take it…

37. icemachine says:

Well the Habs made Neuvirth look good. Improve his GAA to 3.05 from 3.23 and SV% to .894 from .886

Its time to switch to whiskey, we’ve been drinkin’ beer all night

38. habsperspective says:

Yep, firing Martin was surely the fix. Oh and trading Cammaleri mid game was also certainly necessary, and not a moment to soon.

Glad most also assume locking up Carey for millions, and millions, and millions, and millions of dollars will also guarantee this continued success weve revelled in since the seventies.

Let me know when the next round of inoculations occur, so I can get on that line of thinking.

Its seems medicoracy is not only contagious. But acceptable. That is if even you consider this product mediocre. Or should I say bi-product.

Genius, PG, pure genius.

• Mattyleg says:

I’m sure you realise that the reason they traded Cammy mid-game was because they wanted to let the Calgary game start so that it would count toward Bourque’s suspension.
      I’m sure you realize that and are just being flippant.

I’m also sure you realize that most of the fans were calling for Martin’s head, thinking it was the right thing to do as well, claiming to be better GMs than PG. Which is what people are still doing now.

I’m sure you realize all this.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

39. Bill says:

Randy:
    “Their goaltender played well”
    “They did the damage early”
    “The key was their goaltender was sharp”

Translation: Price under bus.

Full Breezer 4 Life

40. smiler2729 says:

So Eller and AK46 blew their load against the Jets…
    Kaberle blew his load in Toronto years ago…
    We have a vegan goat running the team…
    Poor Randy.

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

41. Mattyleg says:

Ha!!!
    My new favourite thing:
    Michel “I’m A Complete Idiot” Therrien speaking very quietly on L’Antichambre to make it look like he has it more together than everyone else!!
    Haaaaaaa!!
    That’s such a cheap ploy.
    Oh, manthat’sgood.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• mb says:

Hey, these guys are experts!!!

They just talked for 10 minutes about how the Habs PP needs to improve!!!
      Now I wouldn’t have thought about that, especially not after they’re 0-for-7 in a game!!

They’re so smart!

Please, please don’t tell me I need to insert the *sarcasm* specification.

42. habsfan0 says:

When asked by a reporter after tonight’s loss against Washington if he could have played better given the team’s dire playoff situation, Price responded with: “Just chill out.”.

43. mtlny says:

Who’s buying tix now?

44. manu07 says:

PG should resign. At this point everyone looks flat. Like they don’t even want to play. It’s a mess to watch this unfold. I would like to see PG just pack it in instead of trying to make a bigger mess of this team while he’s still running the show!

45. habs-fan-84 says:

This place is hilarious all of a sudden.

46. LL says:

Bourque was the 1st star for me. He took care of business.

The rest of the team didn’t.

• ProHabs says:

It was great to see Bourque win that fight. That is all that matters boys. Now lets go and beat the crap out of the Bruins in their next meeting and that will be like our Stanley Cup.

47. BLACK ICE says:

If Price would have had a shutout after 60 mins. How was the Habs suppose to win with NO goals?

The lot of ya blaming Carey are just pathetic!

• LL says:

B Ice, hating on Carey is recreation for some people. Let them have their fun. ;)

• deuce6 says:

He was outplayed by the goalie at the other end..Again..Simple..Sure we need to score, but he could have gave us a chance to come back and tie it up…He basically, by letting in 3 soft goals, gave us an uphill climb we couldn’t overcome…He has to be better than what he showed tonight, but that goes for the entire team..

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

• Bill says:

Well, since the Habs outshot the hell out of them, that is not an unreasonable thing to ask, and it would have gotten us a point anyway.

Maybe the Habs score a goal if they aren’t down 2-0 after 4 shots?

Full Breezer 4 Life

48. solomio says:

ok I think we’re all getting pretty sick of this now.
    Here;s who’s got to go. Simply sick to death of looking at Price & Suban losing all the time. Should be worth some good players and picks.
    Gill, Weber, Kaberle, Darche, Gio, Gomez,
    Who am I missing?

“I figure PG has one or 2 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

49. dre1744 says:

hopefully they can play awesome enough for the rest of the season to draft Grigorenko!!!!!!

50. smiler2729 says:

So Therrien, Bergeron, Gauthier and the other two are experts on fixing the Habs??

Their smugness is nauseating

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam

Hahaha. Gaston blasting the Kaberle deal. No friggin’ kidding!! I knew it from the moment it happened. If PG can flip that contract I might start believing again but this is looking bad for many years moving forward. No team in front of Price is going to get the Habs a whole bunch of high draft picks. Wait a minute!!!

Carry on. ;-)

52. jimmy shaker says:

Give the whole team a defib, put an electric shock collar on Price and use it everytime he sits back in his net, get MAB back here for the PP, Gauthier is gone, RC is gone, Crawford comes in along with Robinson…there that was easy!

Shaker

53. Hali_Hab says:

On the positive .. Closer to a top 3 pick! Maybe they can draft the ever elusive centerman thats been missing for the better part of 15 years now

• viper says:

that would be nice hali but heres the prob with that if we do get a top 3 pick we will just waste it on a big no name d-man with no upside…lol

• Nina76 says:

some people on this site are saying…oh good we are closer to the 3rd &5th picks……….so what they will be going to Hamilton for 2 or 3 years….what we need the most is Pierre Mcguire as GM Fire Gauthier & get rid of Ganiey.don’t let the door kick you in the a.. on the way out Gainey……..we need someone you has the balls to get rid of the garbarge players we have………I don’t blame Cole for being frustrated he is the only one that is playing for nothing when the other players are not even there…….STUPID!!!!!I also think that they make too much money, when we played hockey years ago money was not the issue they just wanted to play hockey & very proud to wear the CH logo that is not the case to-day MONEY IS & once they get it they don’t play…..WHY??? because money is everything to the the whole league

54. deuce6 says:

Pretty much sums up our PP:

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

55. habsfan0 says:

“Playoff Hopes Flicker”

Boone has a talent for understatements.

What’s next? “Looks like Titanic won’t stay afloat”.

56. Laramy87 says:

Moen-Darche-Blunder Gill-Gorges on the PP i bet we score…

Whatever, this is not like past years when i get really upset about the Habs losing. This team is not making the playoffs so a loss brings us closer to a better draft pick. It also makes us sellers at the deadling (hopefully) and we can get rid of dead weight and build for the future.

Price, Subban, Cole, MaxPac, Gorges and Eller are the keepers, the rest i do not care.

57. CHicoHab says:

Not blaming Price..But the team seems to play with a different swagger when he’s not in the nets……….

“take your time and hurry up”

58. mtlny says:

Good game…. Another step to a top 5 pick… They’ll screw that up too

59. Bill says:

Bergeron blames Price …

Full Breezer 4 Life

60. madhabsfan says:

only one person left to fire

61. Billyboy says:

This loss was entirely Price’s and the coach’s fault. The coach should have given him a regular hockey stick and put him on the PP.

62. JohnBellyful says:

I think the spring just broke on my panic button

63. Mattyleg says:

Man, we’ve got to fire PG immediately.
    He didn’t score one goal out there tonight.
    He didn’t put one goal in on the PP.
    Burkie would’ve got in three fights and checked four players face-first into the boards to earn a 20-game suspension!
    Get rid of PG!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• slychard says:

Teteux! Had I had a French keyboard the first e would have an accent egue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• powdered toastmann says:

Now why on earth would we want to do that?…One of the best Hab GM’s in the History of this franchise as was proudly proclaimed recently in a post by one of the delusional (to the bitter end) rose coloured spec set…he’s guided the Habs to the lofty position of 2 points out of last place…forget the ingenious moves/non moves he’s made during his glorious tenure…his team’s record speaks for itself.

• Mattyleg says:

Getting Erik Cole was a terrible mistake.
        As was securing Josh Gorges.
        Also picking up Campoli, the best of a decimated group of FA d-men at the season’s outset because of Gorges’ injury.
        Horrible.
        Tar and feathers!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• slychard says:

Matty, really, I’ve been on this site awhile and always like your input. You obviously are quite frustrated. So am I. So are all.
          Are you going to the next HIO summit?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• powdered toastmann says:

Cole (good)…Gorges(what was that?…first in the summer then later this winter)…Campoli huh, really???…that’s the point, he had ample time to make much better choices before the FA group was decimated (defence and 4th line) and didn’t…regardless, those rare good or fair to middling moves were not near enough to overcome the stupid ones/non moves (as evidenced by the quality of the current group). As mentioned above, look @ the team’s current position in the standings.

(and I do like the acquisition of Bourque/shipping out of Cammy move)

In our neck ‘o the woods we’re talk’n maple syrup and pink fibreglas insulation.

64. slychard says:

I just watched what I believed could have been the start of something good. NO. It was the beginning of the end. This is it. This is as good as it gets. The habs are sellers!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• Lizardking89 says:

Agreed time to sell at the trade deadline and rebuild the right way this time.

• viper says:

agree sly now we sell ..pg gets the axe at the end of the year .we get a top 5 pick and rebuild like we were suppose when gainey took over..but we can,t fire pg just yet because if someone new comes in now the habs might start winning and just miss the playoffs there for out of the top 5 in the draft..habsfanforever

65. matt jordan says:

good game
    exactly what i want out of a tanking team

• Mattyleg says:

Loooooosertalk.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• JohnBellyful says:

The thing is, with a rebuilding team, and that’s what the Canadiens have become, there will be many more nights like this one before the club finds its way, so if we fans find the Habs exhausting our patience now, imagine how enervated we’ll be after two, three years. Yoga might be the answer to help us get through more of the dark days that lie ahead. Yoga, and game night sedatives.

• MasterHab says:

But the Habs aren’t a rebuilding team. They should be, but they aren’t. What they are is simply a bad team that is going nowhere fast and that has absolutely no plan for getting better. I might have more patience if I believed for one second that the people in charge of running this franchise had the first clue about how to organize a proper rebuild. But as it is they’re still in denial about the need to rebuild in the first place!

66. RobertAlanFord says:

Why is Darche given ice time? Why did Cunneyworth break up the Eller, Kostitsyn, Moen line? Why does the pp try the same tricks over and over?
    Why, why,why???????!!!!!!!

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro”, Hunter S. Thompson.

67. Bill says:

And now I’ll listen to these blow-hards on L’antichambre, why do I do this to myself?

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Mattyleg says:

Friends don’t let friends watch the Antichambre.
      It’s actually the antichamber of hell.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• SnowManHabs85 says:

Die Hard Habs Fan? Will listen to anything Habs relate even insults and talks about the same thing to other fans online?? :P

“Responding to the media , or playing to the media, or listening to the fans is the quickest way to start losing” – Sam Pollock