Liveblog: Leafs win 3-1 – Carlyle is 2-0 against Canadiens

KaberleLeafs

The Anaheim Ducks beat the Canadiens 4-1 in Randy Carlyle’s last game behind their bench this season.
In his first coaching Toronto, the Leafs won 3-1.

The visitors, who still have a shot at the postseason, were dominant after giving up an early goal to Erik Cole.

Mikhail Grabovski, who kills the Canadiens, scored the winner and an insurance goal.

1. aj says:

From the looks of things, it maybe that the Habs might settle for either Grigorenko or Forsberg come draft day.

I wonder if Molson is playing eeny meeny miny mo on who he should pick between them.

2. Mr_MacDougall says:

Price doesn’t produce enough offense.. he is the reason this team doesn’t score goals. He needs to work on his shot.

3. habstrinifan says:

I must be a huge arsehole. Listening to CNN in the background as I read the posts. Here am I feeling all messed-up and suffering cause the dumb HABS lost to the dumb and ugly Leafs.. and CNN reports the story of 20 mth girl found alone in field.. MOM, DAD, SIBLINGS…. all killed by Tornado.

I gotta get real!

4. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

I agree with Burke, U pay to watch a game and it is you’re right to BOO

AND to bash Carey Price this season is just foolish.

5. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

I agree with Burke, U pay to watch a game and it is you’re right to BOO

6. biggreenpuffin says:

Where was Staubitz and White after phaneuf nailed Cole into the boards from behind? I thought they were going to be tougher and stand up for each other, I guess they forgot what they said in their interviews after the wild game!

7. CHicoHab says:

What’s Cherry’s problem? Carlyle’s from Ontario…………

“take your time and hurry up”

8. mrhabby says:

why is everybody pissed. the kids are playing to get experience …we get a great pick in june , make a few signings and hopefully get respectable again…

i wonder if Geoff Molson hates losing..i hope it burns a hole in his gut..

9. HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t think Gauthier is the problem, although I still belive he should be fired.

I think it’s apparent that Gainey is still running the show. And the show stinks.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Cal says:

Any proof of that? I see BG being blamed for PG’s team. He’s been GM for what, 2 years, yet all here insist he’s running things?

• PEC Hab says:

Would be fine if Gainey was running the show. Five Stanley Cups, schooled by Roger Neilson, Sam Pollock, Scotty Bowman, Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire. Won a Stanley Cup as GM in Dallas. Stanley Cup finalist as a coach in Minnesota. Nailed Bobby Orr on his first shift with the CH. Had a double shoulder separation in ’84 against the Islanders popped back in and back on the ice. One of the greatest captains ever, revered by teamates and opponents. Speaks decent French and can handle all the media with ease. Yeah I can see why we wouldn’t want him running the show. Has one bad trade, although in his defence he got glowing recommendations from Lemaire and Robinson about Gomez as a Devil, and at the time McDonagh was just another HS defenceman that we all love to hate. Call me crazy but if Gomez was still a 60-70 point guy, would that suddenly make Gainey smarter in your opinion? Maybe Gomez took his 60 million guarantee and has given up? Is that on Bob forever? For crapping on Gainey we should all have to endure 45 years of crap ala the Leafs, where they have always crapped on their legends.

10. punkster says:

Well on the bright side we had a good laugh here tonight.

I mean they’re so predictable I don’t know why anyone would be surprised or even angry.

It’s like a well timed comedy routine, a repetitive shaggy dog story with a ridiculous ending.

Embrace the comedic moment folks and just ride this vaudeville show to the strains of its circus calliope.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

11. novahab says:

They say it ‘s tough for players in Montreal because of the media. In India they burn down the players houses when they lost in field hockey. Now that’s a tough place to play.

• ABHabsfan says:

Or Columbia, lose at soccer and get a bullet

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

12. Mr_MacDougall says:

Anybody see Cherry RIPPPPPP Burkey?

13. The Gonk says:

Didn’t like Eller’s game. Leblanc neither, he was easily pushed around too. Thought Campoli did okay for a change. Someone please paste Grabowski but good – PK had a near miss. Too bad.

14. Mr_MacDougall says:

Cole got the “Tank Memo” and shut the game down, atta boy Cole!

Well I have to buy some beers for laff fans tomorrow…sigh

16. aj says:

This game should have gone through OT if it wasn’t for that dumb move by Cole. He went in to make a 6-man advantage only to blow it off by slashing Phaneuf’s stick that became a penalty, WTF! What a dumbass :)

17. CHicoHab says:

I say we get “Nonna Maria” to coach next year!!

“take your time and hurry up”

18. novahab says:

I think the fine people who pay those outrageous prices to watch this mess. They should get some torches and pitchforks and go to Molson’s house. Maybe then Jeoff might address the people and understand they might not be happy.

19. twilighthours says:

This team might just be as bad as 2001, it’s true.

20. CHicoHab says:

Is Gionta still with the Habs???????????

“take your time and hurry up”

21. jedimyrmidon says:

At this point, it’s normal that they are losing. Look at the forward lineup. It’s almost completely filled with AHLers and 4th liners. They are playing a whole slew of young players instead of playing them in Hamilton to give them experience (even though they’re losing pretty frequently). Isn’t that what folks wanted? It’s a good idea considering where in the standings they are. It’s only a bad idea if it gets to their head and doesn’t motivate them to improve in their development.

22. L Elle says:

I think Price’s save % actually went up after this game. LMAO

Blame away, good night!

23. longtimehabsfan says:

There is no team here. It has broken down in the worst way. All we see are individual efforts, which we find admirable but are not a part of winning hockey. The frustration has taken over. I find it incredible that we are a one line team when at the start of the season we were hearing how we would have three lines that could score. I’ve seen many great Habs teams and I’ve seen some pretty bad ones. But I’ve never seen one like this. One that has been completely mismanaged by everyone from the top on down. I see a complete lack of hockey intelligence in this organization. It’s on the ice, behind the bench, and in the front office. I wish I knew how to fix it but I’m not that hockey smart. One thing I do know is that if I owned this team I would hold everyone working for it accountable. And that’s what is lacking.

“It’s a moo point. Like a cow’s opinion, it doesn’t matter. It’s moo.”

• Mondou6 says:

Agree 100%. Everything is a disaster, and I don’t even know where I’d start, but it wouldn’t be with anyone currently employed by this team.

24. novahab says:

Keeping CC is just another disgrace. I guess we will have to put up with this digrace untill the end of the year. Yes they will get a one or two first rounder but then I am sure that player will turn out to be a bust.

25. Propwash says:

Throwing my weight into this quickmeme trend going on…..

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

26. blu_blanc_rouge says:

Carey Price – First team all star team tank nation

27. sreuel says:

As long as Molson is making a profit he won’t do much. He won’t even go on radio to address the fans that changes will be made because they won’t happen

28. alfieturcotte says:

Grabovski would have looked good in a Canadiens sweater. As would Ribiero, McDonough, O’Byrne (paired with Emelin), Pouliot, Cammy, and a line up without Gomez, Kaberle, Bourque…..Why management is allowed to stay notwithstanding these horrid moves, I do not understand.

Fire GAINEY, FIRE GAUTHIER, FIRE GAINEY, FIRE GAUTHIER

16-0 for 92 points is doable… right guys?

30. habstrinifan says:

Lotsa joking around but this really sucks. And why do we call up Enqvist from Hamilton? How is that at least finding out what our farm has.

31. HabFanSince72 says:

At least the Canes got a point, Tampa and the Isles got two.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

32. RGM says:

Dumbass Cunneyworth is thinking about his boss tonight: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36fhg3/
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
    “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

33. novahab says:

Some idoit threw something on the ice, Boone your lucky you didn’t say that with me standing next to you. I guarantee your lights would have gone out. It is called a dead fish and it mean the ref stink just like the fish. Good for them and they should bring more to throw on the ice.They should throw fish at the refs. They should get the game stopped and cause a riot . Maybe then someone will get some balls in management and stand up.

34. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

And people make fun of what Milldorky done on Long Island. Thanks Gainey, U started all of this nonsense!

35. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

Tech prob .. LOL

36. mb says:

So, I guess that means no practice whatsoever before morning skate on Tuesday? Why would they need to practice, right?

37. AH says:

I sure hope Molson is enjoying this crap. What a frickin’ disgrace. And of course another ex-Hab absolutely burns us. When will this nightmare end???

38. mrhabby says:

laffs still lose as lightning win…

39. habstrinifan says:

WTF happened from the middle of the first period. The HABS just changed into a lower gear almost as if they were standing still.

40. bus driver says:

can we blame this game on Gomez, maybe someone should tell these guys that there was a game tonight

41. danhabsfan says:

Grabs loves to play (and beat) the Habs. Good for him, Habs treated him badly

42. homerbowen says:

Wow…we are not very good, because we lost to a team that is not very good. Outplayed by the laffs in our own barn….sad, so sad. Future looks bleak with a coach from the Q probably behind our bench next year.

43. mrhabby says:

the core of the team against a full squad…bound to lose.

44. Bill says:

Eller, Leblanc, and Bourque got victimized all night.

Also, did Pleks really go 1-13 on faceoffs, wow.

Full Breezer 4 Life

45. Laramy87 says:

I hate watching Habs game with Leaf fans, they still think their team is god and those calls were all Legit.

Well they just beat a 15th place team so rejoice lol.

46. Propwash says:

Hey Another Bad Season.

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

47. habstrinifan says:

I am bummed!!! It sucks losing to LEAFS!

48. jedimyrmidon says:

At least the Habs are solidifying their place at the bottom.

49. twilighthours says:

It’s alright boys. This just sets the stage for that last game in Montreal where Toronto has to beat the habs to make the playoffs.

And we will roll over then, too.

50. novahab says:

Here another thing we as fans have suffered years and years of this team getting screwed by the refs. I am so sick of the classy team that takes this shit. Scotty Bowman didn’t take it. Fot F^%$ sake someone stand up I don’t care if were last. I was the coach they be hauling me back on the bench. If I was a player they be through me out because my finger would be right in the refs face. When the crooks know they can call what they want and nothing will be said then you get what you got the last two games.

• Mondou6 says:

Yeah, I agree. At some point, someone has to risk fines and say very publicly that we’ve gotten jobbed by bizarre calls and non-calls all year.

Just rattle off all the suspicious decisions, take the fine, but keep broadcasting it. At some point, the refs will have to stop the BS.

• twilighthours says:

We sorta did that already, with molson’s open letter to Gary bettman, and air canada threatening to pull its sponsorship over the Chara pax incident. Didn’t get us anywhere

51. Bill says:

The powerful Boone jinx is alive. After Price’s 39th save, he said “this will be 40+ for Price”. Guess how many saves he finished with.

Full Breezer 4 Life

52. duffy says:

YOU CAN ALWAYS STOP YOUR LOSING STREAK WHEN YOU PLAY THE MONTREAL CANADIANS.!!!!

53. Okay, Tampa won , so the Laffs are still 12th….
    …but RDS doesn’t know that.

54. Bill says:

Carolina picks up a point in OT loss, we are 3rd last with a bullet!

Full Breezer 4 Life

55. topher5468 says:

One goal, this team sucks

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

56. jedimyrmidon says:

Meh, they didn’t deserve to win anyways. Simply atrocious. But that’s not unexpected.

Look at Campoli and Kaberle’s icetime. They can’t be trying to win.

• gumper says:

Not sure who you’d give their icetime to. PK and Josh already playing as much as they can handle. Ditto Yemelin. Weber? Yikes. Like I’ve been saying all year, this is not an NHL calibre defence.

57. longtimehabsfan says:

Will somebody please tell me how Pierre Gauthier is still employed?

“It’s a moo point. Like a cow’s opinion, it doesn’t matter. It’s moo.”

58. The Dude says:

GIVE GRABS AWAY FOR NUTHING AND SIGN GORGES FOR $4 million per,F_CK!

59. twilighthours says:

Watching kaberle try to pinch is the funniest thing in hockey.

Never gets the puck. Never gets the man

60. Bozo McBozo says:

I think the guy who tossed the fish was trying to tell us this team is scrod!

61. Captain aHab says:

They have so given up on the year….it’ll be something else when they are mathematically out of it and let go of the rhetoric.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

62. Bill says:

The problem with getting haunted by ex-Habs is there are soooo many of them.

These guys might actually be worse than the 2001 Habs y’know.

Full Breezer 4 Life

63. hablifting says:

Heh. Figures. Grabs with 3 points. Yet another of the Habs managements terrible moves.

64. danhabsfan says:

OMG… I think this team just lost Price after next season… we will really be hurting after that

65. gumper says:

Guys that showed tonight:
    Price, Subban, Cole, DD, Patches, Gorges, Eller.
    Everybody else….meh.
    Can’t wait to turn the page on this season.

66. Ice Storm says:

That fish thrown on the ice… A crappy
    Nuf said!!!

67. Bozo McBozo says:

Yea, Grabs sucks! This franchise sucks way, way more!

68. tote-road says:

At least one fan thought something was fishy about that penalty.

69. That penalty is pure frustration by Cole. Subban runs end to end, plays over 30 minutes a night, that says it all. Total rebuild keeping the core. Thank God for Cole, Max-Pac, P.K. and Emelin, including Price. Really that’s it except for some upstarts like Lars, LL and a couple of other bodies. F….!

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

70. danhabsfan says:

I think the fish means the Habs stink

I am not going to even be mad at Cole for this one. He is the only player on this team that gets a pass from me.

72. C-Sword says:

What a selfish play by Cole

73. ffenliv says:

I have NEVER understood why that’s called a penalty. Cole just got 2 minutes for Phaneuf not have a grip on his stick.