Liveblog: The Claude Giroux Show

Claude_Giroux_11-07-2010

The NHL’s best francophone leads Philadelphia to a 3-1 win over the team no longer known as the Flying Frenchmen.

1. HabCez says:

Anyone knows when AK coming back?

Better yet… anyone know when our PP coming back? :D

My prediction.. we are gonna squeak into the playoffs..
    with or without the ‘Suit’ JM

2. Bripro says:

Time for another coach firing.
    Who’s it gonna be this time?
    Sooner or later, we’re gonna run out of coaches.

3. homerbowen says:

We are;
    - too soft
    - too slow
    - too small
    - too timid
    - poorly coached
    - poorly managed
    Did you see the Bruins and Red Wings game, now those are hockey teams.
    No playoffs this year so get ready to jeer, I repeat jear, the Laffs cause thye will be in.

4. LL says:

I like the real PK better. Smiling, energetic, in-your-face, sometimes making mistakes, but making great plays as well.
    Now, he’ll start a rush and then just stop as if he’s hearing a voice in his head, “PK, now remember, you have to be defensively responsible, first.”
    IDK maybe it’s just his sophomore slump or he’s ruined. ;)

5. JasonM says:

- Lost countless battles in the 2nd, where it matters most.

- A PP that kills their momentum, instead of being rewarded, they are punished.

- Many… many floaters. Cole wants it… where is the hustle from the other forwards?

- Defensive prospects are regressing instead of progressing. Turning down a notch as the season goes on or “the system” is once again “assimilating” their talent?

6. SeriousFan09 says:

Think JM might throw caution to the wind and consider adjusting his PP lineups tomorrow?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

7. tippytoes says:

Prediction- loss on Saturday = major move on Monday

• HabsFansince49 says:

If firing the coach is the major move, great news. Otherwise the youth keep dying…

“I don’t hate the man. I believe he should not be the coach”.

8. Marc10 says:

Bag skate. Bag skate them until they puke turkey.

9. twilighthours says:

Well if they win against ‘Burg all will be forgiven. Call me crazy but I think it will happen.

10. Tis Himself says:

You want to know what it’s like to be violated by a Penguin? Tune in tomorrow night!

• habstrinifan says:

LOL.
      LOL.
      I always suspected any bird who wears a tuxedo to be suspect. I will never look at a penguin with innocence again.

What’s a penguin anyways? Is it a bird, a foul, a specie of the Don Cherry evolution strain.

11. Muckbringer says:

Ill take the blame for this one. as i was leaving work by boss said we suck and were down 2-0. i checked the score and it was 1-0. i gave him the D-X. by the time i got home it was 3-1.

perhaps it is i who sucks it

12. Tharsis says:

man that was terrible…absolutely

———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

13. habstrinifan says:

I am really really worried about this FRANCHISE. It is going down a road which has never been recovered from by any Montreal Sports team.

MEDIOCRITY DELIBERATELY, BUT STUPIDLY, NURTURED BY A MANAGEMENT AND COACH ANTIPATHETIC TO SPORTING EXCITEMENT.

14. Bripro says:

Well now, that was fun!
    Time to bring my eight cans of Guinness to our friday night poker game, and hog them all to myself.
    The others will be rolling anyhow! ;)

15. Tis Himself says:

I refuse to let the Habs suckfulness depress me on the day after Thanksgiving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIiXE_TQ8w

16. Habitant in Surrey says:

…well, on the positive-side, at least My guilt is slightly assuaged …instead of apologizing to My Son on His return from school for not telling Him about this game, I can with a clear conscience tell Him it was best He had not watched

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

17. Marc10 says:

So many candidates for the Golden Turd Award.

What is wrong with our D? Only Yemmy the Tank seemed to want it back there. Were they beaten on every dump in… I just couldn’t believe the amount of times they gave up. PK must have quit on half the plays in his end. Gorges was right there with him. WTF?

Giroux pretty much owned the show. Flyers look like a playoff team, even without Prongs! Habs… Not so much.

18. WindsorHab-10 says:

Pathetic performance by an equally pathetic coached team. If you can’t beat the Flyers minus Pronger & Jagr, might as well polish the golf clubs. Shame on you.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

19. Danno says:

Staying at work would have been more enjoyable. And that’s saying a lot

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

20. Tis Himself says:

That was one hell of a complete display of abject suckitude if ever I was one. Go Leafs Go!!!

21. SLYDER says:

this was a great game – another perfect penalty kill – this is a win in JM’s books

22. RGM says:

Face-off specialist Nokelainen won as many draws as he scored goals. Unfortunately he didn’t get 7 assists to match the number of draws he lost.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

23. punkster says:

The whole team looked sluggish but the most telling sign, today and against the Hurricanes, has been the play of PK. He’s been slow to react, coughed up the puck a number of times, fallen often and generally looks out of gas. Cammy looking better, more engaged but still missing the shots. Price, fine when supported. The rest…meh. Get back on the plane and get some sleep.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

24. Habsolutely says:

“when does Gabby get fired?”

I’m betting sooner than JM.

25. Corson27 says:

I am sick and tired of mediocrity.

• Benoitr says:

I’ve been reading this HIO for quite a while and biting my tongue. I can’t believe all the fair weather fans on this site. Everybody blames the coach and Scott Gomez for everything. If JM had a goaltender in Ottawa he would have won a cup. This team isn’t that talented, yet JM keeps them competative. Who do you think is going to do any better with this group? Guy Boucher? You’d be all over him too. Cut the team some slack and try chearing them on instead of bashing every single thing they do. This is nothing but a bitch fest from people who haven’t got a clue about running a team.

• habstrinifan says:

You had me until ‘chearing’!

• HardHabits says:

Give me a fucking break kid. Go bury your nose in some deep shat like AB does and then tell us how the Habs are out-chancing their opponents.

I can tell you how not to run a club.

Don’t give up a blue chip D man for a washed up over priced has been.

Don’t trade away picks on players you don’t eventually sign.

Start trading players with dumb ass over paid contracts (Cammy, Gionta, Plekanec, Markov, Gill, Spacek, Moen, Gomez) for picks and rebuild proper.

I guess you think being a fan of a team whose average is 16th over-all since 1994 is something to get excited about?

Nice first post. Hopefully it’s your last.

26. Danno says:

Explosive diarrhea

________________________________________

27. MICP says:

tomorrow night the penguin butt kicking

at least it will be fun to cheer Crosby getting a couple of goals, assists and being the number 1 star.

28. idle says:

Must be nice to be a non Gomez player in Montreal. You don’t have to be accountable for the way you play because it is all the Coaches fault. And of course Gomez.

29. Bozo McBozo says:

This team just flat out sucks and can’t compete on a regular basis!

30. JIMVINNY says:

Well, way to show up for 20 minutes, losers.

31. LL says:

Post game :

“We didn’t play a full 60 minutes”

LOL at the OLE, OLE by Flyers’ fans. Adding insult to injury.

32. Bozo McBozo says:

Pull Price. F’king pull Martin!!!

33. Worst performance since Pittsburgh, tons of no shows. Only Cammalleri has really brought it and he’s been shoved around too easily.

______________________________
    Seriousfan09 has started a Movember team named McPhee’s Irregulars. Donate to him, or me or the team to raise money for a great cause!

34. theox_8 says:

maybe ill hold off and not buy tickets to montreals western road trip this year?

35. TheMock780 says:

Can’t wait for Crosby and Malking to dominate this team tomorrow night. I feel really bad for Price/Budaj already. And yet JM will never be fired as long as his buddy dating back to Ottawa, PG, is running the show

36. Pucknut says:

Nobody on the Habs wants the puck.

When things are not going well no one wants to step up & try to be the leader/hero.

More worried about being the goat

37. Jim Edson says:

Hey Boone, Philly 3 No Show Habs 1 when does JM get shown the door?

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

38. Habitant in Surrey says:

…this Fan’s eyes mist when I see Giroux score, imagining the wouldas & couldas

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

39. Bozo McBozo says:

Tomorrow Night at the Bell Centre: Sodomized by Penguins!

This team sucks.

41. Bozo McBozo says:

Personally, I’d rather pony up $100 to see a group of reenactors perform great moments in Habs history!

42. Habitant in Surrey says:

…really discouraging
    …this game is giving Myself thoughts to change My screen name to Timo II

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

And with the Habs firmly in 20th place come trade deadline Bob Gainey forces PG’s hand and they trade Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi and a 1st for Vinny Lecavalier.

Final outcome. Habs miss the play-offs by one goal losing to the leafs 5-4 on the last game finishing 9th in the East.

All summer people talk about the Habs were only one goal away from missing the play-offs.

44. twilighthours says:

I like how shots are 10-3 flyers in 3rd

45. scavanau says:

Does anyone know how to apply the Heimlich maneuver?

46. Bozo McBozo says:

This team’s history is just that, history!

47. VancouverHab says:

Big YAY–Gill on the PK: textbook!

Big BOO — DD on the “trip” (real lame attempt at weak check) for the 2nd man down.

48. Chuck says:

I vote that they play Gill 50 minutes per game and just lay him in the slot.

49. JIMVINNY says:

That needed to be a one timer.

50. idle says:

Hall Gill: Mcquire’s Monster of the game

51. Jim Edson says:

Habs look like they want to get this over as soon as possible and blow town!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

52. ZimHabwe says:

If it is of any consolation to you all, our PK is really good.

53. RGM says:

Sad, sad effort. This is a problem of preparation for the game. We know where the responsibility for that lies.
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

54. Matt. says:

Injuries are the problem, Canadiens are missing their highest paid player.

Or they suck, one of the two

55. JIMVINNY says:

Gill is a 3 on 5 god.

56. Chuck says:

Gill is a stud on the penalty kill.

57. Habsolutely says:

When Gill lays down on the ice it’s like someone cut down a Redwood in front of the net.

58. Bripro says:

I just wish either Habs’ team A or team B would show up and stay there.
    If they suck, they should always suck, and do what some here are saying.
    Tank and draft pick.
    Otherwise, if team A shows up and plays like they did when they trounced the Flyers two weeks ago, then they should show up and keep showing up.
    Stop messing with my head!

59. LaSalle17 says:

Wonder if Boone has a cardboard cutout of Giroux next to his t.v.

60. JIMVINNY says:

Why can’t Gill be mean more often? That’s how you need a 6’7″ guy to play.

61. TheMock780 says:

And this type of play is occuring even before the Habs usual late December doldrums when they head out of their long road trip that they never do well on.

62. LL says:

When it rains, it pours.

A frikkin’ 5 -3

And some of you suckers left work early or juked class for this crap.

64. HabCez says:

Yay Penalty Kill!
    No wait..
    im confused…

65. LL says:

All the Flyers need is a cardboard cutout of any Flyers’ goalie in front of their net.

66. Bozo McBozo says:

Too much suck; too little luck!

67. LaSalle17 says:

Enough about f*&?ing Giroux!! I would much rather have Pleckanec over the one dimensional Giroux

68. Chuck says:

Perhaps the Habs should play the 1-3-1.

69. JIMVINNY says:

down two goals with 10 minutes left, and the only line using a two man forecheck is the fourth.

70. Danno says:

Okay. Time for a garbage goal.
    A nice greasy one.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

71. Bozo McBozo says:

The Habs suck, but those ice clearing bimbos are kinda hot!

72. Neutral says:

Not hard to figure out guys – we’re a two line team – two line teams are .500 at best – who have we got on the 3rd and 4th line that can score a bonus goal now and than – AK he’s injured – sometimes moen – so really we have 7 forwards to carry this team even when they’re healthy and a young defence – nothing to bring up from Hamilton – Don’t blame it all on the coach – we are what we have – put it this way – don’t think stanley cup unless there’s a miracle we don’t know about…..

73. Chuck says:

Too much reacting, not enough anticipating.

74. mrhabby says: