Liveblog: The Claude Giroux Show

Claude_Giroux_11-07-2010

The NHL’s best francophone leads Philadelphia to a 3-1 win over the team no longer known as the Flying Frenchmen.

1. tippytoes says:

It’s been the same garbage for the past 18 yrs!!!

–check the standings,, mediocre or worst, no one in the top 10-15 scoring.
    -for a hockey market that really cares and understands hockey this shouldn’t be happening

2. New says:

The Flyers hit the Habs and they folded.
    First time for everything.

3. namgel says:

Why did ears have to mess with the powerplay. Even without Muller he could have said “Remember how we did it last year ? Yes ? …OK keep doing it that way.”, Him and his sidekicks totally destroyed one of the better powerplays even without Markov.

4. otter649 says:

As Jimmy Buffet sings it’s five o’clock somewhere…..

5. Danno says:

Beavis and Butt Head now playing on MTV

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. SeriousFan09 says:

What a game to watch when I have my sister visiting, ugh.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

7. theox_8 says:

i would almost rather do the dishes than watch this

Kirk Muller is our answer next year please,
    with LaDuceure and Cunnyworth. Hard to keep the faith.

Gomez can not play for Martin’s system. It is not him that is our biggest problem. Next year Muller will have him playing well again. No team work out there. They all have their heads down playing this poop.

9. JIMVINNY says:

yay. a shot.

10. Bill says:

Why is everyone so pissed? You guys need to compare the rosters of these teams and chill out: the Habs are just outgunned, plain and simple. The Flyers have much better forwards and much, much better d-men. Their only weakness is where our only strength is, in the net: and it’s not like the Habs can break through to exploit that weakness.

That’s a much better, much more aggressive, and much better managed team. The Habs are doing their best, so why complain?

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Jim Edson says:

Bill outgunned is one thing but putting in an honest effort is completely different!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

11. JoeC says:

Anyone else think this team isnt playing for there coach anymore?

12. MICP says:

dismaying ease????

were protecting a 2 goal deficit, duh

13. ponyboy says:

No push from Cole or Patches. Team looks full of turkey, no LIKE turkeys, especially on the PP. When Price has to make key saves on a PP, you know things are bad. Quite a boring games really……Why has St Denis only played 1:33 going into the third? Is he hurt by chance? Oh right, we HAVE NO FOURTH LINE!!!

Has Cammy won a puck battle down low this season? Man he looks weak on the puck.

Do or do not, there is no try.

I am really upset that Gomez isn’t in the line up. I was looking forward to seeing him on every other shift for the 3rd period.

15. Ron says:

They will bounce back next game, they are just going through the Gomez withdrawl syndrome.

Let’s just say that there wont be a Stanley Cup parade on St. Catherine Street any time soon.

17. theox_8 says:

M.Boone- “maybe an early one….” , maybe in your wildest dream

18. Kelectro says:

I’m on this site all the time, but never thought to register until today. All I wanted to say is that the way the team is playing is making me really upset. It’s almost like we’re waited for Markov to save the day. He probably won’t, as good as he is. The problem is far bigger than that. I’ve lost faith that Martin knows how to use gifted players.

I have one more thing to say, I really, really don’t like seeing Darche on the ice ever. Seems like a nice guy. But damn he stinks.

19. Bob_Sacamano says:

Five PPs with the game being 0-0, 1-1 or even being in a one goal lead. With a “normal” PP we would still have a chance to get at least a point. Well, JM keeps playing Pleks and Diaz on the point. Gorges has already 10 points, Emelin had 27 including 7 PP goals in 52 games last season. Give them a f*****g chance!

• JoeC says:

No , JM knows all, didnt you know? he doesnt need any help.

FIRE JM

• ponyboy says:

EXACTLY!!!! JM is so lost with no ability to admit when he is wrong. Even coach Wally of the BC Loins stated he learned to change his ways this year because of the new mindset of younger players, and look where they are!!

Do or do not, there is no try.

20. Habsolutely says:

How about this, when Giroux is on the ice, someone shadows him and doesn’t leave him wide open to kill us. JM?? Anybody?

So on way to my friends before we head out for dinner, suddenly the idea of asking them to turn on RDS for 3rd period doesn’t seem as important.

22. Boomer says:

Putting Pleks on the point in the PP against any team is Iffy at best… against the Flying pumpkins who are the most aggressive team on the pk and often create two on ones….(Two on ones vs Pleks) is retarded…

Boom baby!

23. Jim Edson says:

Old traditions come back to haunt!

Blow a lead, give up a goal late in the period and take a too many men penalty!

Ready for a steady dose of Darche in the 3rd as they protect the loss?

Well done JM!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

24. jmsheehy19 says:

PP is 13.3% for November, including tonight. We had a good stretch in the middle, and have looked about as bad as can be over the last three. What is going on?

25. Hali_Hab says:

I really wish they would not make the playoffs. Trade some vets keep the youth and get a good draft pick. Instead of finishing in 8th spot and remaining a 500 hockey team for another 20 years

26. Danno says:

I blame it on too much turkey.

The one holding the note pad behind the bench.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

27. duffy says:

This team is a disgrace to the city of Montreal.,

28. Danno says:

This is one of the biggest letdowns in a season riddled with lunchbag letdowns.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

29. Bill says:

Giroux is a game-breaker, and he broke this one. It happens, let’s get over it. We just resent it because we don’t have one of those elite players.

Also, about passing him over in the draft … it’s not like it was an obvious pick and we were all indignant when it didn’t happen. If the Habs had drafted a small Quebecois forward at the time everyone would have been screaming about how puny the forwards we already had were.

Full Breezer 4 Life

30. JoeC says:

This loss is all on JM yet again.

Price is the only reason this “system” does anything for the last 2 seasons, and before that Halak.

JM is not a good coach, he just gets lucky with good goalies.

If we did not have price, we would not make the play offs, playing this type of boring stuff.
    No power play.
    Forwards playing D
    D playing forward
    Sitting on a 1 goal lead.
    Martin riding Price into the ground.
    Poor coaching!
    Waist of my time watching same old same old.
    SAD

32. ooder says:

habs have had periods where they dominate and outshoot the opposition like the flyers just did.
    want to know the difference between the 2 though… the habs rarely end up scoring 3 goals and usually have nothing to show for the dominant period.
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

33. christophor says:

fans like you are the reason there’s rampant homerism in the media.

34. Feraco says:

I didnt want to say anything but…Gomez is laughing behind the scenes!

Get well soon 11

Molson Ex mon ami

35. dhenry1234 says:

worst 20 minutes this season for the Habs.

36. Habsolutely says:

U mad bro?

37. twilighthours says:

It’s fascinating to think that there are people who think this powerplay is actually better than its percentage indicates.

38. christophor says:

David Fischer

39. immortalhab says:

19 shots on us in the second. If my beer league team allowed that many in TWO periods, we’d lay off the juice until we regained the momentum. I’m going to send the Habs our games for analysis.

Anybody who thinks Markov is going to make a difference on the PP hasn’t been watching the Habs for the past 3 years.

41. joe-hab-nuno says:

F’ing Giroux. Always some player on each team that burns us.

42. Habsolutely says:

Is it just a coincidence our PP disappeared around the same time Muller did?

43. The Pickle says:

The more I watch Weber play, the more I feel like he layed his whole paycheque on the Flyers…

44. joe-hab-nuno says:

If anyone is interested in live streaming with the iPhone , I just found a site where you can do it. I just signed up and tried it and it works. The site is www4.hockeystreams.com. Like I said it i registered and it free ( so far)

45. habaholic68NJ says:

The pathetic PP has already cost its the game. No creative movement, coupled to defensive pressure on the puck carrier makes it easy to defend and shifts momentum. Garbage coaching, strategy, personnel to execute. Unless this is fixed fast, the season is lost.

*Listen to my instrumental tribute entitled “Habs at War” at http://web.me.com/ptolias/Music/OtherOriginalMusic.html

46. Danno says:

Looks like it’s time for another Pearning.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

47. SeriousFan09 says:

PP is draining momentum more and more with each game played. They know they can’t score, Diaz and Weber can’t hold the points.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

48. MICP says:

The period was set up 4 seconds in when Pleks slashed Simmons.
    The flyers took over from there including have more shots on our own pp.
    Flyers are just too good.

49. Bozo McBozo says:

The 3rd period is gonna be a Darche-a-thon!

50. Bripro says:

Boone, you summed it up.
    The Claude Giroux show. aka The Gong Show.
    What a mess!

51. LL says:

Horrible period. They look as tired as I feel with this BS afternoon game.

52. J.J. of Turku says:

Hmmmm…

Now Nokia has to score a hat-trick & GWG for Palushaj.

53. Chuck says:

The way that this team Jeckyl-and-Hyde’s from period to period drives me crazy.

54. ZimHabwe says:

Ummm…….I blame Gomez for not playing. Yeah, that’s it. This is all Gomez’s fault.

55. Marc10 says:

Nice play Gorges… Ouch! All quit on that one!

56. HabsFanMTL says:

hope nobody took the day off of work for this LOL

57. immortalhab says:

I hate this . . . Price works miracles, then the team expects him to win the game for everyone. Instead of a red light, they should dim the lights and put a spotlight on the idiots who made dumb plays that let the goal happen.

58. SLYDER says:

Ducks Blackhawks – Switch!

59. kerrgte says:

Offence? Not yet – will they wake up in the 3rd?

60. Bozo McBozo says:

The team just sucks and does not deserve to make the playoffs!

61. Pitiful. Maybe JM will raise his voice from whisper to conversational loudness and fire up the team during intermission. Oh, who am I kidding, he won’t talk in the locker room.

62. theox_8 says:

phillies top guys showed up for this game, would be nice if ours showed up at least once a week!

63. SLYDER says:

Well the habs have officially ruined my day off

64. JasonM says:

All the bounces.

• Jim Edson says:

Nothing to do with bounces!

It’s a lack of participation!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

65. Habsolutely says:

It’s always fun getting beat by a guy you passed up on in the draft..

66. JIMVINNY says:

does this team have any pushback at all?

67. TomNickle says:

Somebody here named TomNickle was adamant prior to the season starting that one Jakub Voracek would be more effective offensively than one Jeff Carter.

Voracek now has 15 points in 22 games. Carter has 6 points in 11 games.

It’s early, I know, I know.

That trade was the worst deal Columbus could have possibly made. A first round pick AND Voracek for Carter. Paul Holmgren is giggling in the pressbox. Scott Howson is in fear for his job. Just sayin.

68. idle says:

Canadiens 0 – 5 on the powerless play

69. JoeC says:

NOW Subban looks at the F:ing puck.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS DEFENCE.

70. Danno says:

Habs look like they’re zonked out on tryptophan.

Too much turkey.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

71. jmsheehy19 says:

So… Worst period since the Pittsburgh game

72. ffenliv says:

I’m at work, listening to the Team 990. As if the colour guy they have isn’t bad enough (can’t say names, contradicts himself a lot..), the powerplay is awful. At least I’ve got Giroux in my pool.

At one point, the Team 990 colour commentary guy said that the Flyers’ powerplay was successful because it was patient, and sat back. And then in the next sentence, he tried to make his point more, by saying that by pressuring hard, they were successful.

73. HabSgt says:

The Bell Centre should have a gong installed for power plays. What was the record number of gongs before they carted off an act?
    Seriously. Unbelievable.

I’ve fallen & I can’t get up. Call Dr. Recchi.

74. The Pickle says:

Im watching delayed on PVR so I’m a little late on this, but holy crap Yannick Weber sucks. He took a simple pass and turned it into a perfect breakaway for the Flyers. I’ve never seen a worse play, not even in Peewee.

• Just wait until you get to the part where he turns into a statue in front of the net and watches the Flyers scores. And then PK does the exact same thing a few minutes later, because I guess he thought being a lazy, poor defenceman looked fun.

75. HabsFanMTL says:

markov is due back very soon…..i think if we lose today and tomorrow markov is back the following game