Liveblog: California split

Plekanec

The Canadiens take three of a possible six points on their west-coast swing.
Solid effort in L.A.
Cancel the order for for Fire JM tee shirts.

1. christophor says:

Intro of the Canadian Assoc. Press (i.e. nhl.com, tsn.ca, and everywhere else) recap says the Habs defeated an undermanned Kings team.

Richards and Mitchell?

How about Patches, Markov (Campoli, Spacek, Gomez, White)?

The Kings also just got Penner back.

Seriously, journalists should be more clued-in than the average fan.

2. Laramy87 says:

Why does JM dress 7 d man, then have Weber and St. Denis barely play? Dress 6 d man and Palushaj. I would rather have Palushaj on the 4th line instead of Weber and St. Denis on D instead of Weber. Basically sit Weberm Emelin can play the point on the PP.

And Milbury, what can you say. This guy should NOT be on any panel. To say fine the ref for the call and PK for the embellishment for a hit from behind. Are you f***in kidding me. Go back to Boston and suck on Chiralli’s you know what somemore. And while your there stay there.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Don´t listen to that moron. He doesn´t even deserve my hate. He´s just a very sad, thick man. Meanwhile I am still waiting for Shanahan to suspend himself for being an idiot. Any news on that?

3. BKAK72 says:

MARKOV

More surgery and “out three weeks” … sure.

I have mentioned before the guy was visibly limping in Toronto when walking with AK46 to the hotel from the ACC following the morning skate of game #1. How anybody on this organization could have missed that is beside me. That’s a lot of cash tied up to a guy that isn’t going to (and can’t) make a difference this year.

As an aside my t-shirt remains “why did you hire JM, fire JM now”

– HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

4. kmachabs27 says:

too many chiefs not enough indians on this site

5. Habby says:

I guess today feels a little like ’93?

The drive for 25 is alive!

6. bel33 says:

I think I’m really starting to want to smash Mike Milbury in the face!
    He’s ten times the ass that Don Cherry’s ever become. I hate watching hockey on CBC now… and I’m only watching it because my wife was watching as well and I couldn’t tune it to RDS.

He and PJ Suck are useless….

7. HabFanSince72 says:

Kris Letang should not have been allowed to return to the game after being hit by Max Pacioretty. He is still out with concussion symptoms as per RDS.

You would think that after letting Crosby return after concussion and losing him for so long they would have learned their lesson.

What an incompetent organization! 5 straight number one or two draft picks is the only reason they are a powerhouse.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Others say they are brilliant because they were smart enough to tank but I am completely with you on this. This is ridiculous and being lucky to get Crosby and a Cup after they sucked so badly before? They deserve no credit for that.

I hadn’t heard about Letang having symptoms. Whatever happened to the quiet room policy, that hit and the bloody nose, it was obvious he took a shot in the head how can that not mandate the visit.

As for the Penguins, they are truly idiots if they haven’t already learned their lesson. Again, you won’t hear any of the CBC or TSN comment on this.

8. smiler2729 says:

Does anybody even care about Andrei freakin’ Markov anymore???

Done!

Nice signing, ghost, classic!

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

9. habsfan1001 says:

I have to agree I hate Boston more than any sports team in the world BUT I don’t want TO to get ahead of us because I have to listen
    to all them gloat. So go Boston go the last time I will ever say this I hope

So what’s the word on Gomer?

11. Danno says:

Why does Ottawa play Washington at the very time we need them BOTH to lose to stay in 8th place?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”