Liveblog: First home win of the season

Subban-Flyers

Man, just how bad was Perry Pearn?

AUDIO of General Manager Pierre Gauthier in French and English

Best part of this W?

It shuts up the radio pundits .. for a while.

1. Shane1313 says:

Look, don’t worry I’ll slow down the wagon. I’ll even stop for a minute, to give some of you a chance to jump on.

2. jo_maka says:

So it appears that the real savior for Mtl will be His Horny Softness…it’s only fitting when working the back end I guess.

Awful pun, but at least the kids will be better.
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

• SPATS says:

It took me a while, but for those left wondering
      Horny=Randy
      Softness=Ladoucer
      Pun? 50% pun 50% literal translation
      100% keep your day job ;o)
      Great win, can’t wait for the Brooooins

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

• jo_maka says:

You got 50% of it, but it’s not a joke if I have to explain. That was not the pun.
        It’s all good though. They should keep firing people. Works like a charm. :)
        _________________________________
        Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

3. Habby says:

So grateful for this win. We needed this.

I think we might see more trouble in Flyers land with Pronger out. Don’t know how much that hurt them tonight but I am just happy for this win.

More of the same tomorrow, please.

The drive for 25 is alive!

4. PrimeTime says:

4th good game played this season but only 2 wins to show for it. Phili wasn’t good tonite but so nice to show for this one…..at least in the last 2 periods. Good to see some forechecking and not protecting a lead. Hope to see the same effort vs BOS but will be a much tougher games! Both teams will be up for it……can’t wait :)

5. kenzie420 says:

I feel sorry for JM lol he looked like he wanted to cry during the post game interviews. This win means nothing if they cant keep it rolling.

When times get tough, just remember, at least I’m not a leafs fan!! go habs go

6. chartraw27 says:

Watching L’Antichambre in Edmonton. Can someone punch that idiot BJ Stock in the face for me. I cant stand that jerk. He is hating on Max Pac. What a douche!

Pearn got fired because he was the defense coach and IMO the assessment was that that was the area where the Habs were playing the weakest; defensive zone coverage, especially given that 3 of the D men are new to the NHL.

Hopefully Ladouceur will continue his enthusiasm behind the bench (and I suspect between periods) as it obviously transferred to the team.

Another thing I noticed was they were much more aggressive on the fore-check which also made them look and play a lot bigger than usual, certainly more than when they are back on their heels.

• JohnBellyful says:

Speaking of heels, the team could use a passing coach. It’s depressing to see so many passes into the players’ skates; equally frustrating is having passes made to stationary players along the boards with the defence pinching in and stripping them of the puck.
      But a win’s a win so all’s right with the world.

• slapshot777 says:

Anyone notice how Ladoceur looks something like Rick Green.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

8. V says:

Best move of the night… firing Pearn. Sent a very strong signal that something needs to change.

Also put JM on notice… we may all be friends, but if we don’t get better you will be gone. PG has one of the top 3 jobs in all of hockey and probably has loads of friends. I don’t see him sacrificing his job for one friend that is not getting the job done. He showed tonight he will fire friends if things don’t get better.

Does not mean they will get better, but it’s a start.

9. JohnBellyful says:

Way to go.
    Great game.
    Nicely done.
    Congratulations
    (I’m savin’ my WOOHOO! for tomorrow night’s win)

10. t1tan5 says:

If we could dump Gomez this off-season and get a more effective 7.5 million dollar player, I think we’re in serious contention for 2012-2013.

11. habsolutely416 says:

good win tonight, hopefully they can build off it.
    those fans at the game that chant “hey hey hey, goodbye” need to shut up. not only does it sound stupid, its disrespectful. especially when its only our 2nd win of the season….

ill be in the slot ;)

12. Best move of the night. Putting Darche on the forth line.

I hope this is the start of a very long winning streak.

Congrats to Price.

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

13. C_exacte says:

LOL, NHL.com can’t spell Habs!!! Habes!! oh those league offices in Tarahnto

I think PJ Stock was checking his HIO iPhone app because he repeated my post at OCTOBER 26, 2011 10:13 PM…

mind you poorly translated into French.

15. WindsorHab-10 says:

I don’t believe what I just saw. WOW. Great to see Max Pac back. Congrats Price on your 100th win but my #1 star was Eric Cole.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

16. JoeC says:

See Gomez, even though Cole is overpayed, see how he played? he skated, he never gave up, and went to the net, and passed the damn puck, Gomez you shoot too much IMHO and your shot sucks

17. gerrybell says:

i cant wait to see our new 8 million dollar 4th line centre!

g
    b

18. gerrybell says:

who knew Perry Pearn was holding this team back so much?

19. gerrybell says:

i think i need to take full responsibility for the habs slow start. i drafted Cary Price as the top goalie in two separate hockey fantasy drafts at the start of the season. the good news i benched him for tonight….

g
    b

Stock is even more pathetic en francais than on CBC.

21. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Weird, during the drought I was an optimist, now I’m going to post a pessimistic comment. But is anyone else worried about Gionta?

Other than that, great game, great win.

Cole carried the team tonight. Max was great obviously, but when they were playing like sh*te in the first, it was Cole who put the team on his shoulders and was going the hardest. Hope it’s a sign of more to come!!!

Bring on those Bs!!!!!!!

22. Psycho29 says:

PJ Stock on L’Antichambre…Time to change the channel…..

23. Habbu says:

Bring in Donald Trump; he’ll fire the whole bunch of em….

Now, what are these clowns going to yup about on l’anti chambre?
    Man, I have no life.

25. habsfaninboston says:

Boone, thanks for the reverse jinx prediction.

What a pleasure to watch the team play like that lines 1-4. Poor Emelin, will he see the ice in Boston?

27. duffy says:

FIRE JM before tomorrows game and we win for sure