Liveblog: Canadiens drop first game of California trip

HondaCenter

AUDIOLouis LeblancTravis MoenJacques MartinSaku KoivuRandy Carlyle

And they looked like crap in losing 4-1 to the 29th team in the NHL.
On to San Jose and L.A.
Looking grim, folks.

1,172 Comments

1. OneTimer says:

SO UGLY. GOODNIGHT.

2. JasonM says:

By far the worst game by the Habs this season.

3. C_exacte says:

The GM is a quiet, the coach is a quiet, the players all quiet, the most passionate fanbase in the NHL is becoming dead quiet. Good job crew, your team philosophy is rubbing off on everyone.

4. Rickly33 says:

This is bad, the team hasn’t changed that much, they should not be this bad, they stop playing for JM.

5. habbernack says:

All you guys that want to get rid of P.K. wanted to get rid of Price too eh. Bunch of loosers

ability is what you’re capable of doing.
    attitude determines how you do it

6. PeterD says:

How bad can a PP be?
    THis is the only team that plays better at even strength than they do on a Powerplay…go figure.

7. habstrinifan says:

Happiest Hab tonight? Pacioretty… that he’s not part of this.

8. Mike D says:

Boone, a suggestion for tomorrow’s ALN:

“Last night the Habs sucked and lost.

- by Mike Boone”

- Honestly yours

1 shot on goal and the 0-1-4 forecheck in the 3rd while trailing by 2.

If only the Habs hadn’t fired Pearn maybe we’d have still been in the lottery.

6 losses in the last 8 games.

JM will be vilified the next two years but in the future he will be considered a hero because he brought us to the holy grail.

Indirectly at least. The high picks will be crucial tot he turn around.

10. bellcentre hotdog says:

Garbage.

11. OneTimer says:

I’m starting to think…the Habs are doing it on purpose. Honest.

12. duffy says:

I imagine LeBlanc will be looking forward to returning to Hamilton after this debacle.

13. Habsolutely says:

0-6 on the PP so far. How freaking long will this go on before they realize something is wrong?

The saddest sack of sh!te team I have seen in a very long time. This team can rival any time Reggie Houle ever put together. Here is to another 2 years of sucking.

15. Corson27 says:

That Leaf troll Hockey Bob posted on here tonight that the Canadiens are the tonic for what ails the Ducks and then predicted Ducks 4-1. He might not be far off and his laffs easily disposed of these Ducks a few nights ago.

16. NorthernHab says:

Our young defense is continuing to kill us. When/if we get Markov, Space, and Campy into the mix, we will need a great second half to save this season. I believe it will happen… but I’m one of the pathetic pack that thought Gomer would have a 65 point season:)

17. Mr.Hazard says:

BTW, listened to the 2nd period on “TSN 990″…. It was absolutely HORRID! I don’t know who the “animateurs” were but both of them kept making mistakes and lame comments… I have never heard such incompetent commentating of a hockey game.

18. danhabsfan says:

And they are saying that Carlisle’s on the chopping block… really?

We need some fire and passion behind the Habs bench. Let’s try Keenan… he’s good for a year or two.

Please tell me Budreau do NOT speak French.

19. Just A Guy says:

how pro-active of the ducks. Want to protect the lead against the habs? Put them on the power play

20. Castor says:

Ok come one now. Martin has got to be fired. I mean now it just stands to reason…. December first and the team isn’t even 500?

21. syrrosis says:

Here it comes! Powerplay goal #4 for weber!!!

22. topher5468 says:

The Montreal Canadiens, just the tonic a struggling team needs

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

23. Clutch10 says:

Man Cammy is soft he needs to go back home and electrocute his muscles more

24. bellcentre hotdog says:

I believe syrrosis has lost his sense of smell.

25. immortalhab says:

It IS a coaching problem. Two weeks ago we played incredible hockey. JM makes too many idiot decisions.

26. ffenliv says:

This PP is money. I can feel it. Subban from the point.

/glitch in the matrix

27. Michael says:

Down by 2 goals with five minutes left, the Habs are using ONE forechecker. Are you serious, Martin?

28. habstrinifan says:

Maybe just maybe… they are NOT playing for their coach anymore.

29. PeterD says:

Can I get a “Fire the COach”…Please…anyone?
    This is a pathetic excuse for a team. And this is the first of back to back games…tomorrow could be really inresting.

30. Habsolutely says:

I don’t know about you, but I’m totally looking forward to tommorow night. ;-)

31. PureGuava says:

Has Cammy completed a pass in November?

32. syrrosis says:

10 blocks for gill – we should resign him for 3 years

33. ABHabsfan says:

Mark this day down; the game when we all knew for sure it all had to come down. I still had hope that the Habs would turn it around but not anymore. This is the worst display I have ever seen out of this team, not an ounce of effort out of any of these bums. I hope they are embarrassed. The “tank” faction is correct, blow it up

34. habstrinifan says:

Most lasting memory of this game…. GILL going down on all fours for approximately the entire P.K. Something quite symbolic for this team??

35. deuce6 says:

I think we should fire the stick boy…That may shake things up….

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

36. topher5468 says:

What if our team would have played

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

37. RGM says:

If only there was a popular former captain/assistant coach available…
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

38. ffenliv says:

Obviously this is getting a little bit ahead on the calendar, but if the cup drought reaches 20 years, we all have to stop chanting ’1967′ to Leafs fans, unless their drought gets to 50.

20 years, 20 years, it’s all brutal.

39. bellcentre hotdog says:

No shots. No heart.

40. Habbu says:

I can’t believe how bad P.K. is this year. Nowhere near the same player.

41. SKHab says:

I need counselling.

I gave up family time for this. This is a team that we must and are supposed to beat. Wow!

42. Clutch10 says:

fire Perry Pearn…

43. durocher says:

Don’t worry, our fourth line crashers and bangers will change the momentum in our favor… wait a minute

44. syrrosis says:

I smell a shorty!

45. durocher says:

We looked like a competitive team until we had the three PPs. It’s been all downhill since.

This is a horrible team that is tainting the franchise. Thanks, JM, PG, and Gainey, and all the underachievers wearing the beloved CH sweater.

46. syrrosis says:

Game saving play by pk. He had to take it.

47. danigord says:

just when i thought i couldn’t feel worse Boone lets me know we have 0 SHOTS in the 3rd

48. PureGuava says:

Does PK have to clear waivers when Campoli’s healthy?

49. Habsbill24 says:

I discovered Martin’s coaching goal. He wants to be the man who has coached the most NHL Games without EVER winning the Stanley Cup.

50. ffenliv says:

If PK keeps having games like this one we can forget about Hedman setting the bar for his contract.

51. Habsolutely says:

I can’t believe I stayed up for this crap.

52. kerrgte says:

What started out as a season with promise is now a season soon to be best forgotten
    They’ve become good at playing poorly, and rarely go for the win. Very poor motivation, poor execution, but they excel at inconsistency?

To correct this:
    1. No more little guys. Adopt the Philly rule – noone less than 6 feet and 200 pounds, unless they’re exceptional. It’s horrible to see these little guys (Corey Locke clones – all) being man-handled and rendered useless in every game.
    2. Review the coaching situation. (I think the players have had enough of this bird.)
    3. Stop with the line juggling. This is simply counter-productive to players who don’t work together at the best of times.
    4. Give these idiots shooting practice.
    5. Imbue a grit first ethic. Win or else. (I watched part of the Boston – Toronto game. I hate Toronto but they don’t stop trying.
    Boston looks great. Our boys, on the other hand, are not a team, just a bunch of not very good players playing an undisciplined, no system, pick-up game.

This should have been 2 points that are needed badly to get them back on their feet, but no, they stink out the place with this kind of poor, lackadaisical play.

53. syrrosis says:

I smell a comeback!

Protect that 2 goal deficit.

55. Hali_Hab says:

I will tell you what’s wrong with PK . The same thing that was wrong with spezza!

56. smiler2729 says:

Wow, I just got home from work and it’s 3-1 for the second worst team in the NHL…

Gauthier, DO SOMETHING!

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

57. topher5468 says:

Brian Heyward can’t believe we have no third period shots, I can

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

58. NCRhabsfan says:

Enough already! The PP has gone from feeble, to impotent, to grotesque. There is no excuse for this.The PP unit(s) have no plan, no idea what to do, no movement; it’s like all five guys on the ice collectively forgot how to play hockey at the same time. How can one of the best PPs in the NHL go from first to worst so quickly? And I don’t want to hear any moaning and dripping about Wiz or Markov, because frankly, that’s horse manure. There are plenty of guys on the Habs that should be capable of achieving better results even without Markov et al. Clearly doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result isn’t working. It’s time to admit that JM couldn’t coach a PP to a goal if the Habs were playing a blind girl guide team. If the Habs aren’t willing to fire JM, for the love of God, at the very least hire someone, anyone, that has some idea how to run a PP, because they obviously don’t have that right now.

It’s gross, it’s unworthy of this franchise and it isn’t necessary.

By the way, shooting practice for Gionta and Cammy tomorrow.Have any two players ever missed the net with more frequency than those two.Someone needs to remind them what the target is.

59. habsfanincalgary says:

This game is quite pathetic. Fortunately, I’m I live in a MT zone.

Jacques’ games plan does not seem to be working…the PP does not exist. Offensive chances stopped after the first period. And Jacques’ plans include very little offence.

WE NEED A NEW COACH AND A LITTLE MORE OFFENCE IN THE GAME PLAN!!!

60. Eaglefly says:

another great game by P.K. … what is the F matter with this guy ?

61. PureGuava says:

I’m just about pk’d out. He’s been awful.

62. The_Franchise31 says:

I don’t agree with everything JM does and he might get fired but this is not a coaching problem. Our team just sucks

63. danigord says:

and I stayed up for this thanks for the memories boys

64. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

Well, now comes Gauthier’s first real test. He will know he’ll have to make a move. But can he? Has he the balls or the ability? We will see before this week is out. But I assure you, his response will determine his future with this franchise.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

65. canadiens26 says:

Budaj couldn’t have picked a better soccer player to be on his mask!!!

66. Habsbill24 says:

No point in sacrificing good shut eye time to watch these lazy bums. When it comes down to watching Gill swim on the ice as our game highlight, well time to abandon ship.

67. Eaglefly says:

they just said the turning point of the game was the save by Hiller on Desharnais in the 1rst period … are they for real ? have they seen the Canadians play since ?

68. Jim Edson says:

This team has quit!

So obvious!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

69. Kooch7800 says:

Wow, this is pathetic. I knew the loss Of muller would hurt but this is insane. There needs to be serious changes on this team. From coaching to players. Turning off the game. I think I will do myself a favor and go to bed

70. immortalhab says:

I bet JM even makes sex boring.

71. danigord says:

when Darche is on your number 1 pp you are in big trouble

72. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

The Montreal Canadiens are truly divine, for they have the power to resurrect otherwise moribund teams.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975