Liveblog: Canadiens drop first game of California trip

HondaCenter

AUDIOLouis LeblancTravis MoenJacques MartinSaku KoivuRandy Carlyle

And they looked like crap in losing 4-1 to the 29th team in the NHL.
On to San Jose and L.A.
Looking grim, folks.

1,172 Comments

3 PP goals against, now that is a good game plan coach, we can learn from them.

Good night. And I won’t stay up again

2. Eaglefly says:

would anyone be upset if we trade Cammalleri/Diaz or Weber/and a 2nd round pick for Ryan ?

3. immortalhab says:

All of this would be easier to bear if the Boo-ins weren’t steam rolling everyone. JM is going to utterly destroy the team. Then he’ll lose his job. It’ll take someone extraordinary to put it back together.

4. Clutch10 says:

Move P.K to forward and unleash the beast!

5. kempie says:

This 403 forbidden stuff is really starting to p me o.

6. slychard says:

Moen ruffing up Koivu

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

7. Habbu says:

Time to push the panic button but no one in this organization can find it; and if they eventually do, it will be broken too

So. What’s it going to be then, eh? One more kick at the can with Gainey behind the bench!!

• Everlasting1 says:

The one who singlehandedly tanked their centennial year?

——————————————————————-
      Thus sayeth the Lord, “Destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks.” Amos 2:9

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

9. JoeC says:

JM is amazing,

this team plays hard for him, they all respect him
    “puke”

10. canadiens26 says:

Sometimes, more often than not, I think JM wants to get the ax.

11. bellcentre hotdog says:

Looks like the Montreal Softies … errr … Canadiens are just what the ‘Dying Ducks’ needed.
    Put a fork in the Habs, this game is over.

12. PureGuava says:

Unwatchable. G’night.

13. chartraw27 says:

Bonsoir mes amis!

14. jrshabs1 says:

Final thought…….booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Go Habs Go!!

15. Clutch10 says:

Powder play lol

16. solly says:

So sad to watch..Eller misses two shots on the net in 1st on ONE shift which leads to ducks possession..which leads to getting caught in def zone with line change going on and the goal. Subban gets an open feed on power play in 2nd…instead he passes back for set up but winds up for a shot in traffic moments later…Gionta misses net on partial break. This team is playing with no offensive vision. They are like robots doing the same things over and over. Works great when on pk, but not surprisingly terrible on pp. So sad to be a habs fan watching this unravel.

17. JIMVINNY says:

Really, I should be happy. If they can’t beat Anaheim, they’re going to go 0-fer on this trip, and someone will probably get fired.

I still hate it when they lose.

18. Cookies says:

The next time we get a powerplay, I think we should kindly refuse it and play 5 on 5.

19. canadiens26 says:

Hey refs, let em play!

20. ffenliv says:

I can feel it. this PP is money. Subban from the point.

21. duffy says:

THE MIGHTY MONTREAL CANADIANS/ THE TEAM THAT GUARANTEES THEY CAN END YOUR LOSING STREAK.

22. ooder says:

unbelievable… every single time this team has a chance to move up in the standings because teams that we are chasing lose they manage to ‘eff it up

——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

23. syrrosis says:

Subban totally tried hard. He’ll get him next time!

24. jrshabs1 says:

Did I really stay up ’till 12 to watch this? I’m off to bed, don’t care who wins. Sad!!

Go Habs Go!!

Keep giving them PP’s so we might learn how!

26. slychard says:

Tie a string to your front tooth, tie other end to knob, slam door shut, pull perfectly healthy tooth out, that’s less painful then watching the Habs play.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

27. Eaglefly says:

Un F- believable !! What an absolute disgrace !!

28. PrimeTime says:

P.K. needs to sit and watch for the rest of this trip.

29. Habsolutely says:

wow, so our one bright light, the PK, is now gone as well. nice…

How many goals has Subban been on for now?

31. Hali_Hab says:

This is beyond frustrating to watch. What garbage

32. RGM says:

“3P 20:00 They have 20 minutes to salvage the easiest game on the trip”

As we often say around….crap, goal….these parts, there are no easy games for this team. None.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

33. syrrosis says:

Milbury would be a great GM. Is he available?

34. JIMVINNY says:

why wasn’t perry called for going through Emelin?

35. Gerry H says:

Admit it. The PP just got worse with the end of the Pleks-on-the-point experiment.

36. Habbu says:

How about Geoff calls a press conference after this west coast trip; and appoints Patrick Roy as GM. Let’s get some passion back into this organization.

37. DLS HAB says:

P.K. is crapping the bed tonight. This is what happens when teams get physical against the smurfs, they fold. This team has no drive. They should be ashamed of their lacklustre play. Obviously J.M. can’t motivate the Habs against these weaker teams. It’s going to take Jacques being dismissed as well as some players shown the door. More effort required!!!!!

38. Hali_Hab says:

Yeah cammy is really easy to move with his 6 million price tag! I think it would be a little easier said than done.

39. habsfansince91 says:

I’m at the point where I’d rather do homework than watch the habs play

40. syrrosis says:

Gill is playing really awesome. Can’t wait for the third. Habs in the house!

41. Kfourn says:

This is the biggest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

42. Frank2468 says:

Wow 5 PP and no goal, I just had the feeling when the Habs blew 3 PP’s in a row that the Ducks where going to get one, and low and behold.

Can someone tell the Habs there’s a game going on, wakie wakie.

This display is pathetic and frustrating, anyway who is the top prospect in the draft to go first over all?

And the Markov situation is becoming annoying and boring at the same time. The Habs must be hiding something really bad, cause first he’s penciled in for tonight, and now not even tomorrow and no practice today either, therapy day again. It’s starting to look like it’s time to either fish or cut bait?

43. habs001 says:

maybe we need a third swiss miss…eller just does not show any scoring touch..he may need to play in the ahl like maxpac did…habs played games like today in the past 2 years but people forget because they have won them..there is a reason why this team has basically remained the same in the standings and goals scored for the past 2 1/4 seasons= too many marginal nhl players in the lineup

44. Sean Bonjovi says:

Mike Cammalleri could be traded for something better.

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
    – Sean Bonjovi

45. Flobomb12 says:

Does anyone else start to find the mess this organization is in funny after a while…. This is what no direction for year will get, a thrown together bunch of guys without a star player outside our net anywhere in site.

46. HabCez says:

Diaz seem to have only best quality shot at the net playing the point..
    he actually moved closer to the net and then wrist it..

ive seen us win draws on the PP directly to our players .. yet electing to one time it or shoot.. decided pass back to the point to set up….
    if setting up is not working.. try something diff..
    like they are all in robot mode…..

47. ffenliv says:

A commercial just aired on RDS advertising all-start voting, and Cammy’s name was used…

48. Habsbill24 says:

Leblanc should decline playing the next two games and request being sent back to Hamlton. Pacioretty should appeal his suspension and ask that the number of games be increased. Anything to not play with these turkeys.

49. syrrosis says:

Habs win 3-2 in shoot out. PP goes 1/11.

I do not think we should change a thing on our PP coach. Plekanic on the point will work soon! I can see the improvement over the last two months.

• Barts says:

You’re joking, right?

• Ian Cobb says:

Well if we can see how well things are working out now that Jarvis and Muller have moved on. Do you think Molson has noticed?

• Jim Edson says:

Nah, too busy with the new Forbes evaluation of his franchise!

Counting the cash first and worry about the product last!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

• slychard says:

You’re right all it takes is another 2 months and presto!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• Jim Edson says:

Good one Ian!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

51. slapshot777 says:

It seems to me that The Habs come out play ten minutes and then that’s it for the game. The rest of the night they’re just hanging on.

Will someone nail Budaj to his crease, he is a liabilty with that damn puck. Price he ain’t.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

52. chinahab says:

This team lost two top-four defensemen (Hammer & Wiz) from last season and didn’t replace them. So we started the year with just two top-four defensemen (Gorges & Subban, who incidentally is having a sophomore slump, but maybe it’s unfair to blame that on management). No wonder we have been so erratic.

53. HABSsince92 says:

The real goats on the PP JM and PG for making up this crappy team

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

54. riddler says:

Hey Suban. Stay on ur feet!

55. timothy13 says:

The Habs were quick to drop their lead against the Ducks. But if the team posts a L tonight the media might shed some of the blame. Sure the Habs have problems but why is the Habs play teams that are bottom feeders and the Habs end of with a big fat zero points. The media often jinxs the Habs. You do not have to report the Habs face a dying Ducks team because suddenly they gather life and bury the Habs. Good night and may the better team win tonight. Pray. Pray. Pray. Go Habs go!!!!!!!!!

56. Feraco says:

As painful as it is it’s still 2-1 the worst thing about all this is our “core players” are all in the line up. But correct me if I’m wrong the defense has been atrocious. 4 first yr D and one of the young D is on the 4th line, now the bench. Unfortunately there is no one else.

The team would be much better with Spach, Markov and Canpoli, but injuries are no longer an excuse. They have used that excite for years

57. kempie says:

I can’t believe I’m staying up to watch these two teams trying to outsuck each other. And speaking of suck, how does a team with Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Selanne, Hiller and Ben Maxwell end up in 29th place?

58. patrice brisebois says:

Even i couldn’t save this team. I’m signing with the Cirque de soleil. FULL BREEZER.

• HardHabits says:

It’ll be like Roman times. Instead of Commodus reenacting one of his father’s great battles in the Coliseum, Cirque de Soleil will reenact all the Habs great Cup wins with acrobats and everything.

59. Jim Edson says:

Euthanize this PP!

It is too painful to watch!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

60. duffy says:

What a waste of$ 65.000.000.00

61. Barts says:

If this continues, and we lose, how much longer can JM last after Boudreau and Maurice? I mean, he won’t be fired in California, but what if they go 0-3? It’s gotta be over right?

62. MikeL says:

Hate to say it b/c I love the little guy, but David Deshairnais does not belong on a top line in the NHL. He just doesn’t do enough to warrant the icetime he gets. Yes he’s creative. Yes he tries hard. But he is so damn small that even that isn’t enough. He is a supposed offensive player who has just over a half a point per game. That’s just not good enough. Not to mention he’s very predictable. i.e. extend his stick and skate to the outside.

Give Eller a chance.

63. The habs better make it worth our while for staying up for this 3rd period, because so far… not so much!

64. syrrosis says:

Good period – we just need to get some shots – go awesome guys!

65. HABSsince92 says:

BOONE STUBBS please make this the next poll………

What happens first?

1. The Canadiens win a game

2. The Canadiens score a PP goal

3. JM PG are fired

4. The Canadiens win the Stanley Cup

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

66. Habbu says:

Think I’ll feed the fish. They even look more bored than usual.

67. Bill says:

Can’t handle it. It’s 12:30 in the morning in the Maritimes and I work in the morning. Here’s hoping the Habs pull this one out. I’ll even take a loser point. Go Habs go … *yawn*

You guys make sure you keep obsessing and make some sarcastic comments for me, okay?

Full Breezer 4 Life

68. Eaglefly says:

It just can’t be that the PP is THIS BAD !! It’s unbeleivable !! Something has to change !!

69. Kfourn says:

annnnddddd I need another beer…

Subban is all about high risk low percentage plays. Sign him for 30 million 6 years quick.

71. Chuck says:

On the bright side, our power play isn’t well into in the single-digits like St. Louis.

• punkster says:

Trending though, Chuck.

Trending.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Everlasting1 says:

The numbers haven’t been impressive, but the Blues are generating the opportunities, just haven’t had the bounces. More than you can say about the Habs as of late.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

72. Bill says:

It’s almost as though Gomez were in the line-up … hmmm

Full Breezer 4 Life

73. JIMVINNY says:

Koive just tried to take out PK’s feet. Interesting.

74. punkster says:

I miss the Gomez years.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

75. patrice brisebois says:

Not one glorious outlet pass to be found.