Liveblog: Canadiens lose 2-1 in OT

Plekanec

Filip Kuba ends a crazy game in OT.
Ottawa deserved the W.
And they’ve caught the Bruins.

Without Carey Price and Josh Gorges, this is 6-1 in regulation.

The Canadiens had a season low 14 SoG to 33 for the Senators

1. JoeC says:

WHY IS CAMPOLI EVEN ON THE ICE IN OVERTIME WTF, Cunny in tank mode?

2. HabFanSince72 says:

Blunden, Campoli and Eller on the ice.

Tankapalooza.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

I am so happy to contribute some of my taxable earnings to the CBC. Perhaps in the future I could also contribute some money to the study of Gargantuism in Mice.

• twilighthours says:

A lot of good comes from the CBC. Just not hockey night in canada

• Michael says:

HNIC drives me crazy, but unfortunately, we taxpayers have no say in this. HNIC is financed by private advertisers, and takes no funding from taxpayers. CBC actually makes money from HNIC, not the other way around. I don’t know if that will make you feel better, because you’re not paying its bills, or worse, because it means HNIC is not accountable to you.

All of the Decision Makers, Upper Mgmt who run HNIC draw salaries from the CBC.

Sorry it may make some money for the network, but it takes money to make it. And the money they have to start with comes from me. The fact they refuse to provide equal representation for various Canadian teams makes me sick. I see your point, but they owe it to Canadians to do a better job.

• Michael says:

I was under the impression that HNIC’s budget is entirely provided by private advertisers and that it is not tax-funded at all. Perhaps I am incorrect. Regardless, I agree that its editorial stances are unbecoming of a Crown Corporation.

4. JoeC says:

This looks like there showcasing Price to trade or something? Because this team would lose again an OHL team without Price in net, wow.

5. scavanau says:

HNIC – “Weber with the push” on Niel. ???

6. Adidess says:

Man, the only time our defense has a bit of an edge is when it’s PK and Gorges out there. Otherwise it’s ping pong hockey in our zone!

7. L Elle says:

Wanted Ad:

Calder Cup winning Goalie in search of a Team to backstop.

8. athanor says:

The problem with Chris Lee is not so much the penalties he calls as the ones he doesn’t call. He is totally inconsistent.

9. 69HABS says:

Yes Healey, poor Ottawa has no luck tonight. They only had 9 PP’s

10. Mondou6 says:

Lambada = The Forbidden Dance

HIO = The Forbidden Server

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /wp-content/cache/supercache/www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone/liveblog-canadiens-at-senators/index.html on this server.

11. Habsolutely says:

apparently I have entered the Forbidden Zone.

12. Bill says:

CAMPOLI WTF WAS THAT PLAY

Full Breezer 4 Life

13. Habbu says:

A 1-1 game…..and yet I find myself zzzzzzzzzzzzz off quite often.

14. mrhabby says:

Gorges 1star.

15. RH says:

I’ve lost count of the penalties…

Stick to counting Habs SOG’s then.

16. Adidess says:

What a sloppy game. Winning a few games is fine even if you don’t need wins. Winning playing this way is the worst for the fans!

17. joeybarrie says:

Genius CBC announcers saying Ottawa is doing everything right. Yet Ottawa goes 0 for 9 on the PP, and are tied cause of a shorthanded goal… Yup, clearly they are very pleased with their game….

18. RockinRey says:

The Habs have to retool and get 4 capable lines to compete with the elite of the league and two more stud D or PK an Gorges will burnout before they reach late 20s.

19. twilighthours says:

It’s early in his career, but Leblanc has shown little to indicate that he will be something more than a bottom 6 player

20. scavanau says:

A whistle with no associated penalty!

21. petefleet says:

Anybody got an internet feed that works?

I would love to see the OT and shoot out.

******************************************

“It just goes to show how difficult predictions are, especially ones made about the future.”

RGM
    ***Habs Forever***

22. Captain aHab says:

They haven’t played well enough to deserve this game.

—————-
    Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

23. RH says:

That is the absolute WORST rule to ever be implemented.

24. Boomer says:

Holy **** HNIC just gave a compliment to a hab player, josh Gorges

25. Bill says:

White would go with Neil, but he really shouldn’t.

I’m wondering what new and special kind of ‘roids Neil found last summer?

Full Breezer 4 Life

26. Mondou6 says:

Lousy hockey, another crappy gimmick ending, and more points we don’t need.

Great.

27. RockinRey says:

LL heard footsteps on that clearout opp.

28. Bill says:

Leblanc not having a great night. Too bad, I usually like his game a lot.

Lots of Habs really bailing on plays where they might get hit, or is it just me?

Full Breezer 4 Life

29. Captain aHab says:

Our top only line is playing like shit tonight.

—————-
    Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

• Bill says:

Yeah, but they haven’t had a chance to get into the game much … no flow, eh? They’ve sat on the bench for long PK stretches.

Full Breezer 4 Life

30. Hey! 13 shots! What’s the lowest shot total for a Canadiens team in a game?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

31. blu_blanc_rouge says:

Leblanc should be playing big minutes in Hamilton and developing …not 5 minutes

32. Bill says:

Check out DD going down to try and block the point-blast.

Gutsy little dude, right?

Full Breezer 4 Life

33. novahab says:

The Habs are drunk. These guys had to be drining all the way to Ottawa on that bus. This is to cool the Habs are loaded and still tied lol.

34. Mondou6 says:

Our roster is so horrible. Half the guys on the ice tonight are barely regarded as NHL players.

35. RockinRey says:

This theme of being outshot is a problem with the inability to get the cycle and win battles in the opponents end and is frustrating to watch.

36. Laramy87 says:

Healy is a tool

37. joeybarrie says:

Nothing like winning and your team is fighting for a top spot in the standings. But I’ll tell you what, I’m enjoying the game when I cheer when we score and don’t instantly get angry when they score. Its a win win…. Only problem is waiting for October again.

38. 69HABS says:

The CBC tools could not wait for Ottawa to tie it up. Hey their funding comes from there right. Now they can’t wait for the Sens to take the lead!

39. ogilthorpe says:

Thank Bettman for screwing up the game and rules so that we don’t know up from down at any given moment…

40. Mondou6 says:

I hate how RC never argues with the refs. After the calls tonight, a coach should be going nuts on them.

RC is as quiet as JM was.

41. HabFanSince72 says:

We’re not very good but, you know, Ottawa aren’t very good either.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Our offense misses Markov and Kaberle. Say what you will about Kaberle, in the offensive zone he adds alot.

43. Dulljerk says:

No, the Habs aren’t tanking. It’s called honour and professionalism. And all you so called fans who wished for it are nothing more than shameless hacks. Disgusting.

“Is the little dog going to yap, or is he going to bite?”

• Shameless hacks? Geez, wishing that our team gets a bright young superstar is a shameless thing to do? LOL ..right

Honour and professionalism? Really? We’re getting outshot 29-11 for god sakes

• Dulljerk says:

Typical moron talk. That’s why you aren’t in the NHL. They would boot your bum out the door of the Montreal dressing room.

“Is the little dog going to yap, or is he going to bite?”

• Duracell3 says:

Yet Scott Gomez remains.

I’m sure his “backchecking” at 5 kmph is highly regarded.

Also, the fact you can’t distinguish the mind of a player on the ice from a GM is pretty comical.

• And you are in the NHL?

Look bud, I am not trying to be rude, but this team really isn’t competitive. I want the boys to win as much as you, I am a die hard fan. I want them to go deep in the playoffs or at least compete every second like they did in the playoffs last year. Till Game 7 overtime, they didn’t give up. The only true top 6 forwards I see on this team are DD-Cole and Pacioretty. And yeah Plekanec. Rest can barely put up 40 points. That’s a big problem in today’s NHL. Are we really going to attract a UFA in this position we are in? No, but do we have a chance of pursuing a franchise forward with a draft pick? YES – THEN WHY BLOW IT.

• Dulljerk says:

That’s because you don’t understand pride and honour. You’re the problem, not the players.

“Is the little dog going to yap, or is he going to bite?”

Why don’t you explain all the shotsblocked by Montreal players, explain what honour that is lacking.

• Dulljerk says:

Hello, like I said “They are not tanking”, they have pride and honour. Which I like. Not sure what you read here.

“Is the little dog going to yap, or is he going to bite?”

• Dulljerk says:

Not sure if you are referring to my post, but I’m glad they are NOT tanking. I’m glad they have pride and professionalism. I’m disgusted at the fans who want them to tank, they’re the problem.

“Is the little dog going to yap, or is he going to bite?”

• issie74 says:

Really,what a jerk P.J.Stock is. He is as bad as Benoit Brunet.

NorthTOHab

44. Propwash says:

That was scary. Thankfully Price is OK.

45. blu_blanc_rouge says:

We need a loss more than a win

46. twilighthours says:

I like RC’s style. A lesser coach would have sat campoli for the rest of the game. RC goes right back with campoli on the next shift. Telling PG “hey, this is the team you’re giving me, I’ll play them.”

47. Cmon Ottawa, score already.
    I can’t believe I actually thought Ottawa would help us tank. Friggin’ 0/8 on the PP.. no dedication at all, they deserve to get raped in the playoffs.

Look I know a lot of people hate it when I post comments like these but as a fan I’d rather have the 3rd overall pick than have extra garbage points that don’t mean shi* going into next season.

48. Bourque’s time will come. He’s been buzzing and just hasn’t had the hands on his last 12 or so chances.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

49. 69HABS says:

Those A-holes with the paper bags on thier heads

How is Price getting a shot in the neck a wake up call?

51. Bill says:

Pricey … I know you are cool, but please start wearing one of those dorky neck protectors, k dude? It’s not like tape on your glasses.

Full Breezer 4 Life

52. L Elle says:

Bishop getting cold down there.

53. 69HABS says:

Big Ben is getting a workout tonight

54. twilighthours says:

Campoli – beauty

55. mrhabby says:

Campoli is just shit….christ.

56. Sit Campoli…. what a useless…. besides 4 posts it was about time they scored. Thank you Mr. Lee.

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

57. 69HABS says:

U had to know that was comming right?

58. Captain aHab says:

Campoli beeeeeeeeeeeeeelows!

—————-
    Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

59. Bill says:

… we can haz good draft pick??

Full Breezer 4 Life

60. Mondou6 says:

Yeah, Neal slashes at Emelin when he’s on the ice. Emelin gets pissed, and then they blame Emelin.

61. scavanau says:

Be thankful you don’t have to watch NESN

62. Rad says:

Emelin going to steamroll Chris Neil next time he gets a chance.

63. Kimberly2u says:

The refs are trying to prove how awful the turds are…and they are awful

64. shootdapuck says:

The comment came from Boone’s live blog.

65. 69HABS says:

What are these Refs trying to prove tonight?

66. twilighthours says:

Guys chris lee is awful but he also made the right call on dd.

• Bill says:

Which is fine, just after you make a bunch of bad calls it starts to get ridiculous. He’s like a Pee Wee ref or something! Actually, that may be insulting to Pee Wee refs and I don’t wish to be that.

Full Breezer 4 Life

67. mrhabby says:

Hysterical…lee.
    Seen this so many times.

68. HabFanSince72 says:

What prompted this comment: “Is there a bigger tool on TV than MacLean?”

If this refers to the Ron MacLean who is on HNIC then the answer is obviously no. He is not even the biggest tool on Coaches Corner.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

69. ogilthorpe says:

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF LEE!!!!!! is there NO PRECEDENT for reviewing a refs calls?????????????

• alwayssunny says:

They review them. But it is a joke. It is another reason why the NHL is a bush league though. To go along with the “good ol’ boys” who run the league. The league is a joke compared to other top level sports leagues. The refereeing is beyond a joke but I dont evn blame them. This sport has been around for well over 100 years and there aren’t even clear rules or penalties.

• Bill says:

Ha, sad but true … 100 years and no-one knows what the rules are.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• alwayssunny says:

The worst thing is that they are less clearly defined than ever before. And we have 2 referees and two linesmen, It’s so haphazard now. How many times do we hear GMs and coaches and players complaining, never mind fans. Hockey is a very simple game. By “clamping down” and adding more eyes on the rink they have actually made things much more complicated. It is such a mess now, the officiating needs a complete overhaul It doesnt help when even Shanahan, the top of the discip[inary chain, is saying the other day “uh well I’m not really sure what goalie interference is either but they (the governors) told me to keep calling it like I’m calling it.” This league is governed by neanderthals with money.

Chris Lee for Mayor of any NHL city other than Montreal.

71. Propwash says:

This is such a joke

72. scavanau says:

OH! THAT Chris Lee.

73. Mondou6 says:

HAHAHA….

CBC: “Chris Lee was in the other zone, but he was EMPHATIC about making that call.”

74. Habsolutely says:

Chris Lee making calls from the other zone.

75. jedimyrmidon says: