Liveblog: Canadiens’ winning streak ends

329545-2

Second game of a road back-to-back.
A parade to the penalty box.
A couple posts hit.

And they never quit.

1. PrimeTime says:

At least at the bar the BOS TOR game is on as well. 2-0 B’s…..not sure who I want to lose??

This is BS. Nokia should have not been handed a game misconduct. If anything there had to be instigator penalties in the fights to both Callahan and Sauer.

Goon hockey is alive and well in the NHL and the Habs are the leagues little sacrificial lambs.

3. Danno says:

Tim Peel 3, Habs 0

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Da Hema says:

Peel will never call a competent game.

So, is there some reason why Gionta or Cammalleri can’t shoot one puck at that c*ck suckers’ face? What do we have to lose?

4. Chris F says:

I could not be more pissed off. Tim *F*ing Peel, I knew it was over when I saw that idiot pre-game. Game was determined as soon as he stepped on the ice. I think I just watched the worst period of hockey in my life, period.
    Blunden gets a clean hit, Rangers jump everybody and the Habs have four guys in the box. I realise the TMM penalty, but Come on!!! The boys have worked so hard to regain their season and then in a matter of 20 minutes a ref can end it all!! Pathetic.
    Sickening period, Rangers suck, how many minutes was it 5-5.
    I wish I was at MSG with a few eggs, TIM PEEL SUCKS.

5. Da Hema says:

Watching the remainder of this game is a moral dilemma for me. On the one hand, I want to support my team. On the other, I feel complicit in supporting a league that does its best to pave the way for American teams to win (e.g., the Bruins actually winning a championship series).

If more Americans actually cared about the NHL, the league would not be able to get away with this kind of officiating. However, Bettman and his crew know that more Americans watch Three’s Company reruns than the NHL, so there is insufficient public pressure to actually force the NHL to become a professional league.

6. HUDSONHAB says:

Do I watch or take a break and tune in later for the comeback? Hmmm….

….Hab4life….

7. WindsorHab-10 says:

JM on his way to coach of the year honors. When will our lovely owners wake up & realize that this guy has WORN OUT his welcome mat. DITCH THE IDIOT.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

8. deuce6 says:

I thought this league instilled an Instigator rule? and not to mention a 3rd man in rule..How we were down 2 men after that melee is beyond me..We are getting hauled down and we don’t get cherry time..What is it now? 6pps to None? Thanks refs..

I have no problem with calling everything, but there are 2 teams out there, stripes..

Who am I kidding? The refs have the NYR in their proline..

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

9. tippytoes says:

What a difference it is watching a game on tv from MSG. The difference is like night and day compared to the game from Ottawa. Why can’t all rinks allow cameras to be placed close to the ice so we can enjoy the games at home properly….the old forum used to provide an awesome broadcast where you felt close to the ice as well

10. kempie says:

“Probably the Canadiens’ worst 20 minutes of the season.”

Comeon Boone. You’re seeing this too right? How about “Probably the worst officiating since Game 3 against WAS two years ago”.

11. HNS says:

Habs can still win. Rags won’t make the playoffs. Pucks need to be shot at the officials. Maybe they’ll wake up or go off on a stretcher.

12. Habbu says:

I thought it was all Pearn’s fault those too many men penalties

13. JoeC says:

Can we go back to finally saying JM is a terrible coach and does not help this team at all? Blame the refs ALL you want, but the too many men AGAIN was JM’s fault, he doesnt know how to run a bench at all, and yet again it shows.

This team wont make the playoffs with JM as coach, or Price stands on his head like last year, i love you Price, but how bout fail a tiny bit to get rid of this terrible waste of space on the bench.

Lousy preparation to play this contest again coach.!! mentally you and your team have your head up your backsides.

Right back to playing dumb & stupid. Get rid of this coach, he can not get the job done. No emotion or preparation what so ever.

Need 4 goals to win if they don’t score anymore.

15. HabsInHamilton says:

A big second period and we’re right back in it! You guys are such pessimists! The biggest comeback in our history came against the Rangers!

16. LL says:

They regroup, and score 5 goals. This is what champion teams do.

F the refs

17. baruch says:

John Bartlett (new play-by-play guy on team 990) sounds happy with the score…what a fool. Someone fire him please.

18. arrow says:

Well that was a one-sided penalty-filled period. Habs must come out in the 2nd and score some quick goals, then maybe we can have a real match!

PK

To all those who says Bobo brought this team back to respectibility. Right. No respected team in the league would be treated the way Habs were treated by the refs tonight. And it all starts with a dumbo moron behind the bench. Where was the captain the rest of the period? The only time I saw Gionta was when refs was telling him that Habs will be getting 5 on 3. Habs have no leaders and again, it starts behind the bench. Sometimes it IS necessary to lose it get tossed out of the game. Spineless.

20. Habbu says:

I hate it when the fun stops.

21. Danno says:

It all went bad beginning when yet another Too Many Men on the Ice penalty reared its ugly head again.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

22. Propwash says:

I see whatcha doin’ there Boone….

_____________________
    Dooooooooooooooomed!™

23. kempie says:

Oh good. Coach’s Corner.

24. NLhabsfan says:

Another brilliant interpretation from the DUDE.. I bow to your thoughts however you deliver.

25. At least we’re not Columbus.. they’re losing 5-0 after first.

• slapshot777 says:

Is that suppose to make us feel better. Crappy reffing. I see where there is a too many men penalty, fine. Where did AK46 get one. You mean to tell me that The Rangers didn’t derserve the extra penalty for starting all the crap. Then a penalty on DD for hooking. I am still looking for that one. Then when AK46 goes in behind the net a Ranger pull back on AK’s shoulder yet no call. The Refereeing towards the Habs is always suspect with the calls we get as opposed to what is called to the opposing team.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

Welcome to the NHL. If you give a hit and the other team attacks you it’s OK because the refs are not there to mete out justice that’s what having goons are for. Right Don Cherry?

NY Rangers just pulled the Boston Maneuver on the Habs. The Habs are like this kid that every bully in town knows is an easy prey for his lunch money.

27. Laramy87 says:

I completely disagree with Boone, this game is far from over. If the refs decided to call a fair two way game (where was the instigating penalty on Callahan?) this game can be different. Subtract the penalties what are the shots and end-time minutes.

Lundqvist does not look all that sharp at all, and one goal its back on. Game is far from over

• LaSalle17 says:

Lundqvist doesn’t need to be sharp when he only faces 3 shots.

• slapshot777 says:

Bob Cole, that moron at the end of the period throws out the shots and if you didn’t know any better and listen to Cole you would swear that the Rangers were all over the Habs. Score should read Habs 0 vs Officiating 3

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

28. JayBee says:

All it took was a clean hit.

Thing is though, you gotta like how the Rangers went after Blunden and basically took over. Habs got absolutely destroyed. 16-3 in shots.

This is why having team toughness is so important. All it takes is a hit, a fight, etc…. some teams need the smallest of things to rally around.

29. 21272andme says:

sucks, but pretty sweet dangle from del zotto.

could you imagine any of our D jumping into the rush and making moves like that? spacek? gill? gorges? diaz? weber? only pk.

30. kempie says:

Tim Peel, Garry Galley and that brain-dead toad Bob Cole can all **** my ****. Screw this, I’m getting drunk.

31. NLhabsfan says:

No CALL.. what about holding… What about interference.. Jeez the refs are blind.

32. Yes Rangers fans. Clap. Your beloved referees have done a great job.

33. The Dude says:

Yeppers….the third period against the Sens was a coming out Habs party!

34. durocher says:

Well, “The Comeback” was against the Rangers. Maybe we can pull it off this time too?

35. habsfaninboston says:

That period was an abortion. Thanks refs!

36. The_Franchise31 says:

I don’t understand You Habs fans love dd so much…

37. TheMock780 says:

Cammy should never handle the puck. He’s a shooter and that’s all he should do. If there’s one player that the Habs might get something back for that I would trade, it would be him. He makes very poor puck decisions

38. ifitwasnt4kovalev says:

On June 30, 2009 he(MCDONAGH) was traded along with Christopher Higgins, Pavel Valentenko, and Doug Janik to the New York Rangers for Scott Gomez, Tom Pyatt, and Michael Busto.

busto will shine one day.

39. RGM says:

Well this hasn’t been particularly enjoyable. Refs’ idiocy early took the Habs flow away completely, and now we’re looking at about 40 minutes of garbage time.
    ———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

40. habsrpast says:

this game is over!
    habs stink!
    notice how habs only beat crappy teams.
    NO PLAYOFFS !

41. HNS says:

These officials share the DNA from Bettman’s hemorrhoids .

42. Habbu says:

Get Pricey outta there

43. Chuck says:

Cammy’s got hustle more there. Blown coverage has cost them 2 goals.

44. JIMVINNY says:

Maybe the habs just want to give us another 5-0 comeback.

45. NLhabsfan says:

Sickening…

46. WindsorHab-10 says:

Turn off the lights, the party’s over.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

47. durocher says:

Spacek and Weber sure back down easily

48. zozotheclown says:

Over, might be a good idea to get Price out between periods. Wasting his energy leaving him in, and it might spark the team taking him out.

49. Propwash says:

Over.

_____________________
    Dooooooooooooooomed!™

50. Danno says:

Goodnight Irene.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

51. habsfaninboston says:

Nice backchecking. NOT!

52. durocher says:

Looks like Cammy lost his check. Poor Pricey.

53. immortalhab says:

The rangers should get some credit for being classy. Clearly they could wield swords out there and no calls would be made against them.

54. darkhorse says:

Can somebody tell me, why Avery’s second shift of the game. in which he slightly bumps Gogres along the boards, is highlight worthy?

55. Jim Edson says:

DD two penalties in one period!

Controversy over! now JM can bring back Gomez and sit DD.

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

56. JayK-47 says:

It’s Fans Call the Penalty Night at MSG.

57. WindsorHab-10 says:

Penalty problems so far because we lack an enforcer. It doesn’t help that we have a clueless coach back there either.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

58. habsrpast says:

c’mon habs take more penalties.
    you’re so good at it.

so I guess the phantom Pearns was responsible for that”too many men on the ice” penalty?

wr5ong coach was fired.
    fire MARTIN PLEASE!

59. kempie says:

Funny how the Habs are always on the wrong side of this kind of incompetence. I’m still waiting for things to “even out” but they always seem to be on the wrong end of the shaft. That is one crazy coincidence.

60. No calls on Rangers? Ugly rats..

61. ifitwasnt4kovalev says:

hahaha no penalty on cole……did tortorella send the italian mafia after the zebras today or what ?

62. WindsorHab-10 says:

So far Price is the only one that showed up to play.
    JM still sucks.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

• dhenry1234 says:

Are you even watching this game? How do you expect the team to play when there’s 12 minutes almost down a man? They’re playing the best they can, and when they’re not short handed it’s a decent game.

If habs survive this period then I see a character come back tonight by les Boys

63. NLhabsfan says:

Hey DUDE don’t bother with your brilliant comments:)

64. JayBee says:

Well, the fix is in

65. Chuck says:

Kostitsyn pulled down with a free hand — no call.

66. JIMVINNY says:

They’re not even calling the obvious shit against the rags.

67. habsfaninboston says:

Looked like a trip on AK.

68. Habbu says:

Well that will be it for DD; when Gomez is ready to go

69. Pukes. These refs are pukes. So disgusted.

70. Kythehabsfan says:

DD penalty looked like a clean hit on the replay

71. The Dude says:

It was too good to last and can’t be a surprise that the true Habs are a Non Contender when playing a REAL NHL team like the Rangers.We are good at taking other teams Dead Weight players that have huge long team contracts ,great….

72. NLhabsfan says:

How do you get back into the game with you play it one man down all night.

73. novahab says:

Ths game is Fixed GD this is #$@ fixed . When the hell will they investigate the HNL head office for fixing games.Gary Bettman is a crook and should be sitting beside Bernie Madoff.