Liveblog: Still 0-for-Cunneyworth

Wheeler

The losing streak reaches five.
Scratching P.K. Subban and Lars Eller didn’t help your Montreal Canadiens.
Maybe nothing can.

What a difference two months makes: the Canadiens’ first visit to Winnipeg was their most lopsided win of the season.

What a difference a coaching change makes. Not.

1,074 Comments

1. BramScott says:

Too much negativity, how about some inspiration.
    Find The Torch, Burn The Plans
    “Dream this dream if you can/ Find your way through the sand/
    Sing like you already own it/ Our birth and right is to show it
    Find the torch, burn the plans/ State your case in your land”
    Paul Weller

2. habsfan0 says:

I think Randy Cunneyworth will utter his first words in French during press conference. “Merde.”

• 1973Habs says:

Or he could say. I gotta leave the press conference, I’m meeting my friends Colin Dubbin and Tab Arwet at a bar. Bye!

• JohnBellyful says:

Sounds awfully familiar …

• Everlasting1 says:

That should please the Quebec Nationalists, and media alike.

——————————————————————-
      “For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night, and will smite all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the Gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD.” Exodus 12:12

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

3. Chuck says:

So… any bets as to how many F-bombs Boone drops in ALN?

4. 1973Habs says:

Enjoy your X’mas turkey PG, it’s your last as our GM

5. piper says:

They must get rid of PG and start the tank now. cammy should be first to go, trouble is he probably has less value than gomer now.

6. hansolo says:

Merry Christmas, er, sorry, Joyeux Noël, tout le monde!

7. LL-not the hockey player says:

The only bright spot is this wasn’t a home game. The boobirds would’ve had a field day.

8. Badwich says:

Well we showed them!!!!

Yep, we don’t need Eller or Subban. That’s for sure. We don’t need their effort, skating ability, puck handling, one on one battles, passing, rushing. Naw, none of that. The smurfs are what this team is about.

Perhaps the coach wanted to silence the French and English media who are always complaining about Eller and Subban

I hope Eller and Subban tell the Hab management to shove it and play where their considerable talents might be appreciated.

Taberwitt

9. roady says:

why hio why ? e-mail me or something…do it now please ..!!! What have I done to be banished why…not funny anymore ..

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

10. Eric37 says:

Can I say something rational?

They miss their Captain.

E.

Blunden and Leblanc were our best forwards, while Gorges and Emelin put in yoeman service on the back end.

I’m not sure what that really means in terms of the rest of the players.

12. Billyboy says:

Only 3 forwards who have played 15 + games are not in the negative column and Eller is one of them. PK is the top point getter on defense and they both get
    scatched. Brilliant! Eller is the purest stick handler on the team but is never used on the powerplay and the power play has stunk all year. Sure he makes the odd mistake as does PK. but they should
    not be scratced ahead of about 12 other players on this bush league team. How about scrathing -permanenty,. Gautier,and the entire
    coaching team

13. roady says:

why are my posts not being uploaded ….I demand to know why ????? Have some balls HIO………tell me why…now

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

14. HabsTrueBlue says:

I just hope Eller and Subban get back on the ice next game. If the Habs are going to suck for the rest of the season (and they are) then their top young potential stars like Eller and Subban need to get the ice time despite their occasional mistakes. Weber needs to get back on defence as well. Weber and Subban are 23 and 22 years old playing the hardest hockey (skating) position. Now is the time for patience and development. They should also keep Leblanc in the NHL.

15. davecessna says:

At this point, the most intelligent thing Price could do for his career is ask for a trade. The time is ripe too; I doubt anybody would blame him for deserting. People eventually let go of their bitter hatred for Patrick Roy.

16. MTLCANADIENS says:

its either we make a block buster trade, or hire a new coach because this isnt working.. our pp was terrible, the 4min pp was a joke, players cant handle a pass.. only thing we have is PRICE right now showing up every night

17. roady says:

what is happening ppl…wtf

take your drink to the end of the bar buddy…come on now, don’t be a fool…

18. JohnBellyful says:

It’s apparent the team no longer draws inspiration from In Flanders Fields, you know, the part about taking up the quarrel with the foe and holding the torch high and all that. Instead, the players seem to have fixated on a line earlier in the poem: ‘We are the Dead.’

19. AndyF says:

They’re gonna run out of people to bench or fire, if this keeps up.

Seriously, 3 guys out there tonight don’t belong in the NHL: Darche, Blunden, and Weber. That’s a whole line of nothing.

20. JF says:

This has to be the worst game the Habs have played all season. Either they’ve already quit on Cunneyworth or he’s a terrible coach. Emelin had some energy, and Price, but pretty much no one else. Do the players even care that the Winnipeg fans were laughing at them?

21. duffy says:

This team would have a hard time competing in the AHL.

22. tough to be a Hab fan tonight. benching players…hmm guess there is more going on in the room than realized. Subban gets on the veterans’ nerves? Well they went out and showed him..and Eller whats for…NOT. Kaberle and Campoli should sit out the next one. Cammy too..On a positive LeBlanc was impressive. Cunny doesn’t seem to motivate – the GM is next…curses..

23. Chuck says:

This team needs players who can control the puck possession. Too many guys are giving it up too easily… WAY too soft on the puck.

24. temekuhabs says:

Merry Christmas !

25. Captain aHab says:

Here’s what’s going to happen folks: Price will leave and the Habs will draft a goalie with their lottery pick.

26. krob1000 says:

I don’t blame Cammi…I blame Cassie…ever since that nail kit segment or whatever…yeesh he has been brutal with the puck, without the puck, really not himself…but more importantly Boone could you please update us on his grooming…I mean how is the 6 million dollar’s manicure looking?

27. Habsbill24 says:

Ths team s not worth the time watching anymore. The Fat Lady has sung. La mort!

28. Rickly33 says:

Merry Christmas everyone, new year hopefully

29. idle says:

Winnipeg fans having a great time. Must be nice to watch your team win a game.

30. Lafrich says:

The good news is I will save money when I cancel my cable

31. topher5468 says:

Price was heading of the Ice before the time ran out, can’t blame him, His team didnt show up at all

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

32. Mondou6 says:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

33. PureGuava says:

Bring back Kovalev.

34. gmur says:

Last time I saw something like this was the meltdown a couple of seasons ago after a loss on the 26th of December. I guess this team was overrated this year.

35. habsfaninboston says:

lol. Price makes a beeline to the dressing room.

36. Just A Guy says:

Price needs to call this team out, let them sit on something for the christmas break.

37. Chuck says:

Think they’re happy to have their team back?

38. Clay says:

Great fans in Winnipeg though. I’m very pleased to see hockey back there. :)

__________________________
    “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau.

39. Captain aHab says:

Blunden gives Price a snow shower

40. Wops says:

and blunden snows carey ahha

41. 1973Habs says:

So the 3 stars…Campoli, Weber and…who else?

42. ABHabsfan says:

Time for football, I’ve got the Texans -6.5

43. Mondou6 says:

This team is incapable of being embarrassed by their own play.

44. Wops says:

Must be PK’s fault again…. Campoli is awfulllll!

45. habsgod says:

these guys should be asahmed of themselves wearing the most famous jersey in the world and playing like this!!!robinson ,lafleur,dryden ,roy,gainey the rocket ,big jean should probably tell these guys if you continue to play like that and digrace that crest on that jersey pack your bags request a trade and get the hell out of mtl!!

46. Captain aHab says:

Wow….what a beatdown.

47. gmur says:

the jets? a cessna could have taken the habs tonight…

48. hansolo says:

I don’t know what AK46 did to end up on the 4th line.

49. 1973Habs says:

If WPG scores 1 more goal, I don’t think we can comeback.

50. LimestoneHab says:

4m3y…very classy. Worst post ever!

51. Barts says:

I’m going to vomit if I have to keep watching Weber.

52. axxerd says:

Nice shot of the bench… Cammy laughing trying to talk to Leblanc. Leblanc just looked pissed.
    —-
    Newfoundland’s biggest Habs fan. Hands down.

53. Lafrich says:

The Habs make the Jets look like the Harlem Globetrotters

54. TomNickle says:

Pretty sad when you lose 3-0 and your goaltender was the game’s best player.

55. 1973Habs says:

Cammy’s laughing on the bench?

56. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry to digress, but how do people feel about re-gifting?

I’m fairly sure my mother in law has never given me a xmas present that wasn’t either a re-gift or something they got in the 70% off bin at Winners.

I don’t actually care as I think giving gifts to adults who aren’t your spouse is silly.

But why I bring it up – should Pierre Gauthier be thinking about re-gifting this holiday season?

57. ed lopaz says:

I have heard that Cunneyworth rewards hard work.

that leaves us with about 5 or 6 players for Ottawa.

58. JohnBellyful says:

It hardly seems fair. RC had to scramble to get a morning practice in before going on the road and Winnipeg gets a sell-out for holding one tonight.

59. Lafrich says:

I’d make a line of Cole, and ummm…hmmmm…can he just play by himself?

60. 1973Habs says:

Hey! we just had a scoring chance. WooT!

61. noni says:

Be careful what you wish for.
    Very, very careful.

62. Rad says:

Cole still trying. What a warrior. We don’t deserve him on this team.

63. Bertuzzi says:

The only question now is will the Habs break the shut-out?

Just kidding.

64. JayBee says:

Has Pavelec had to make a single difficult save tonight?

65. vic says:

I wonder who will say we have to play 60 mins,I hope whoever says that is asked when do you play the first minute.
    Cuningworth was put a lose lose situation no time to work with the team and they took advantage of it.No pride on this team
    get rid of as many as you can and start over with a new GM

66. gmur says:

Just having some malicious fun…

This team:

james wisniewski, roman hamrlik, francis bouillon, stephane robidas, ryan McDonagh, ryan o’byrne, mike komisarek, sheldon souray, jaroslav spacek, brett clarke, ron hainsey

matt d’agostini, mike ribeiro, arron asham, alex tanguay, guillaume latendresse, benoit pouliot, maxime lapierre, chris higgins, mikhail grabovski, sergei kostytsin, saku koivu, kyle chipchura, dominic moore, jeff halpern

halak sanford

… would beat the horsespit out of the team on the ice tonight.

67. habsfan0 says:

Hey…PJ Stock is bilingual. Maybe he can coach the Habs.

68. bighabber says:

I think “Management” wanted to see if there was anybody else was worth keeping besides Subban and Eller, that’s way they’re sitting.

69. jo_maka says:

“Continues à jouer tout seul, Louis. Papa doit préparer le souper !”
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

70. bellcentre hotdog says:

They may have some shots, but the Habs have yet to generate even one good scoring chance.

71. 1973Habs says:

C’mom guys, all we need is 4 goals in 6 minutes…no problem!!! (he says as he opens up his 3rd bottle of wine..so drunk he’s thinking it’s 1977)

72. JohnBellyful says:

Cunneyworth responds in French to first question after game: ‘Nous sucer.’

73. Habbu says:

And to all………….a good night………..for I simply cannot watch anymore.