Liveblog: Still 0-for-Cunneyworth

Wheeler

The losing streak reaches five.
Scratching P.K. Subban and Lars Eller didn’t help your Montreal Canadiens.
Maybe nothing can.

What a difference two months makes: the Canadiens’ first visit to Winnipeg was their most lopsided win of the season.

What a difference a coaching change makes. Not.

1,074 Comments

1. Neutral says:

Imo the lines should be

Kost – Pleks – Cole
    Max-pac – Desharnais – Gionta
    Cammy – Leblanc – Moen
    Nokelainen – Eller – Darche/Blunden

2. If I was Price I’d leave the rink and pack. Right now lol

3. danhabsfan says:

Merry Christmas Habs fans
    at least you will have 4 days of not worrying about the “game” and normal blood pressure.
    See you after the break…
    Here’s to Good health and to a good Habs team again
    Merry Christmas

4. Mondou6 says:

The more I think about it, the more asinine it is to bench PK and Eller as some sort of “message”.

RC has a crap team, if he has any prayer to win a game, it’s to shake something up by benching one of our high-priced dogs.

Kicking the youngsters has been done 100 times already. Enough with that.

5. doogie says:

What’s the story on our Captain? Is he out for a significant period of time or what the heck?

* * * * * * *

I keep waiting for Shutt-Lafleur- Lemaire to jump over the boards!

6. gerry says:

bag skate tomorrow morning until cammalerri pukes

• TomNickle says:

No no no. Gerry, it isn’t Cammalleri’s fault that he has no passion, desire, work ethic or courage.

It’s Gauthier’s fault for not having acquired enough size.

7. Does anyone remember in the last 50 years, when the Canadiens organization was in such a dire situation? The players are stressed, fed-up, given-up. The “Interim” coach has been sacrificed to the Office de la Langue Francais in this stupid province and Molson has a serious asset problem. Where to go from here?

Promote the Youth, Support From The Veterans and Remember the Heritage!

Oh Randy… in the end, lack of endorsement by Molson is blessing in disguise for you. By the time this season is over you will be begging to have nothing to do with this team.

9. Wops says:

I think Cunneyworth is about to cry

10. Rad says:

Not fair to Cunneyworth to give him this team. The first thing management does is criticize his lack of french. They were just using him to try and quiet the masses, which is “us”. But it’s backfired with this losing streak.

11. habsperspective says:

Whod make a good GM in Montreal.

12. bighabber says:

shots 25-25, surely some of those were icings that we missed on.

13. Habbu says:

Judges should pass sentence on convicted felons by instead of having them do hard time; make them watch every minute of all the remaining Habs games.

14. I don’t even see any signs of frustration. No hitting, no shoving.
    They don’t want to win. This team has given up.

15. Chuck says:

Price has the best outlet pass on the team.

16. 1973Habs says:

Chant of “Where is P.K.”. nice.

17. ed lopaz says:

they should make Gauthier take a shift and force him to go to the net and get mugged like Leblanc just did.

it just sickens me that there is no one to protect our skilled guys.

and the skilled guys play like they know no one has their back

18. 1973Habs says:

JM is sitting at home, drinking some fine vino, collecting a nice paycheque and laughing his a$$ off.

19. gerry says:

keep drinking the kool-aid, fefans, nothing will change

So I wonder, what questions our “tough” and “merciless” media will be asking these players after tonights game? I bet there won’t be a question like “how can you justify making millions of dollars and permit yourselves to simply not put any effort out there”. Maybe there will be another Jessica who has a pair. Then again, maybe not. After all, Michael Cammalleri is such a charismatic fella.

21. danhabsfan says:

The Habs are so bad, that they always make the other goalie look great… Terrible!

22. Mondou6 says:

Serious question: If you were Price, what would be your thought process about whether or not you sign here?

Would you just take the highest bid? Any teams you wouldn’t go to?

23. TomNickle says:

Haha. Habs website says “Rise Together”.

Might wanna get that message through to some of the players before you ask that of the fans.

24. 1973Habs says:

What if PG was fired and replaced by JM as GM?

25. Captain aHab says:

Just came in after missing most of the game….I gather I didn’t miss much. To think that if Randy Cunnyworth had been French, we’d be on a 4 game winning streak.

26. Habsolutely says:

I’m starting to think the tank is in.

27. Rad says:

Winnipeg not even trying now. Just out for a leisurely skate here in the 3rd. They’ve got more important fish to fry next game.

28. gumper says:

Blenderizing the lines? Try electro-shock therapy. Actually, not a bad idea. Think I’ll try it myself. Might improve my mood. Well, that’s me out. Hope to God I’ve got the willpower to stop watching this train wreck. At least until they can string together at least one win.

29. This team just can’t win without Gomez

30. port elgin says:

There’s still time…

31. LimestoneHab says:

With the first pick in the newly formed hot potatoe league…we are proud to select Michael Camellari

32. deuce6 says:

Rooting for the Habs is like your dog dying and your mom saying you can keep him.

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

33. port elgin says:

If only Gomez was playing….

34. Habbu says:

These guys have not been good for goodness sakes, so cancel their Christmas and bag skate them for 4 days.

35. TomNickle says:

Emelin makes an almost perfect first pass everytime he gets the puck in our end, plays physical, doesn’t take BS in front of our net.

Why was he scratched again? Oh right, to get Rafael Diaz into the bloody lineup.

Ha.

Best comment as of late on Exnordic:

everytime Cherry checks in a motel, the curtains disappear

37. theflower says:

So who are they going to bench in the next game? Wow unbelievably hard to watch!!!

38. Prairienewf says:

OK, enough of this line shuffling. It’s time to put Kovalev and Koivu back on a line together and straighten this mess out!

Yis! Dem wus da days by’!

39. 1973Habs says:

The way the Habs are playing, we may not hear “olé olé olé” at home for the rest of the year.

And to think that there are people who live on minimal salary all of their lives. These guys should be skinned alive.

41. ogilthorpe says:

Everyone turn to tsn2. Canada beating Switzerland 4-1 in wjc pre-tournament game. It’s fun watching when the team you like is actualy winning a game. Go team Canada!!

42. Wops says:

Cunneyworth is a mess

43. Mondou6 says:

I wish Youppi would eat Cammalleri.

44. bighabber says:

We can probably get the large bucket of pucks for a guy as good as #68.

45. habsgod says:

PATHETIC!!!! in all the 40+ years i’ve watched this team this is the worst i’ve seen! please,please mr.molson save us from further disaster and please fire gauthier as soon as the plane lands in montreal! call your friend pierre macguire and hire him immediately! ,also tell trevor timmins to do his homework and get ready to make a lottery pick in the top 5 ! and if by chance we get lucky tell him to draft yakupov or griorenko and don’t draft anymore defenceman we need an impact player a forward like yakupov or grigorenko!

46. Rad says:

Hello Bob Gainey — and how do you sleep at night Sir?

Edit: “And the Emperor has no clothes”

47. immortalhab says:

I hope the next GM will take down gainey’s retired jersey and wipe his ass with it, then go wrap it around Gauthier’s face to remind him what his trades smell like. Then he can squirt some KY on Molson, in an attempt to pull his head out of his rectum so he can see how his team has been ruined. Then on the first Powerplay in his new reign, he should call down to the bench and tell Cunneyworth it’s Youppi on the taking the face off or he’s coached his last period. The rest of the players will be cardboard cut outs of our heroes. None of what I said would look worse than what’s already happened. At least those of us who turn the TV on would have something to talk about.
    Thank God the world juniors are coming up!!

48. 1973Habs says:

Thought Weber could skate faster than that. Almost a breakaway.

49. danhabsfan says:

Do the Jets have more short-handed shots than the Habs PP shots?

50. Prairienewf says:

Love you Boone. Love the way you sugarcoat things. lol.

51. JohnBellyful says:

Wonder when Boone’s goin’ to change the name to LiveBlahhhg!

52. port elgin says:

I’m switching over to the nature of things on cbc, should be more exciting than the 3rd

53. gumper says:

Remember the good old days, back when they had a guy called Jacques Martin coaching the team. In those days, children, the team would often be able to play opponents to a regulation draw, thereby coming up with a point after the OT or SO loss. Man, those were the days.

Mr. Molson, I believe it’s your move…..

54. ed lopaz says:

if Gainey is in Winnipeg he needs to speak PUBLICLY about Cunneyworth.

Someone like Gainey needs to stand up for the coach.

Then after the trade freeze, the Habs will need to make a big trade.

Maybe Cammy is gone.

I smell comeback!!!

• JohnBellyful says:

Yeah, I was tryin’ out a new cologne.
      Actually it’s Come Back, what your true love says as you’re goin’ out the door and she catches that musky scent you’re wearin’.

56. Mondou6 says:

I’m glad for Muller’s sake that he didn’t step into this mess. No coach can fix this.

57. kholdstare says:

I said Muller wouldnt get the same heat because we know who he is. Someone said I was crazy and that Kirk Muller spoke French, RDS guys just said Kirk wouldve gotten a pass, and that he wouldve known to learn a phrase or two to appease the fans.

• Clay says:

Did anyone give Cunny a moment to learn a phrase or two?

__________________________
      “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau.

• kholdstare says:

Im not sure, did he get to sleep or eat in that time? This isnt like teaching the guinea pigs from the commercial to say row. It would take what maybe an hour or two to learn a phrase at most. Just saying, pretty sure he had two hours in the past week, I could be wrong.

• Clay says:

My point went over your head, obviously. The bitching and moaning over an ‘Anglo’ coach started he moment the move was made.

__________________________

• kholdstare says:

Then start your own comment if it has nothing to do with mine. I said the RDS guys said Kirk Muller wouldve known to learn some phrases. You are the one who brought the timeline in, and if RC was in the running you think he wouldve learned a thing or two since september. Especially with the beginning the habs had.

You know all the bitching and moaning as you succinctly put it has another side and you keep fueling the fire, bitching and moaning about how it isnt fair to him.

• Clay says:

A little touchy, are we? Unhappy with the ethnicity of the coach, perhaps?

__________________________

• kholdstare says:

No just with idiocy

• Clay says:

Fortunately for me your ill-informed opinion means nothing to me.

__________________________

• kholdstare says:

Don’t cry. Shh shhh its ok
            They do matter I know, if they didnt you wouldnt keep commenting on them.

58. topher5468 says:

I want to go to bed, why shouldn’t I. I really don’t want to watch anymore of this. If i only could…

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

59. Eric37 says:

4 days off after this game. For me too. I need a break from this mess.

Read Boone’s in game analysis with a baby crying in the background. It fits.

E.

60. BramScott says:

“It’s the system, hate the system, what’s the system?”
    The Jam
    Saturday’s kids

61. Habbu says:

Even though I am watching this game by myself; I have decided to put the paper bag over my head just in case I catch myself in the mirror.

62. Prairienewf says:

FEARLESS PREDICTION! Habs will be on fire after Christmas! Shouldn’t be a problem with all the coal they’ll be getting in a few days.

63. gmur says:

Too many coasters. Moen and PaxPac coasting too ? This team is losing its way fast.

64. Laramy87 says:

Will a 4 day break help lol

65. Danno says:

I really miss the days where we’d win one, lose one, win one, lose two…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

Kaberle and Campoli have a combined +12 Corsi and a +17 Fenwick. I’ve got a +3 Wisers and +4 Rickards Red.

Things are lookin’ up!

67. MilaKunis says:

Is this how Leafs fans must feel like?

68. JayBee says:

What a mess.

Bruins win the Cup while knocking off Montreal in OT in game 7 after a 2-0 series deficit. The Leafs look like they’re playoff bound and now the Habs are in rebuild mode.

The good thing about the bad days back when we had Hackett and Manson is at least the Bruins/Leafs weren’t winning cups….and the expectations for the Habs were not as high.

This is disgraceful. I’m still laughing at the fact that we brought guys from the Senators organization to run and coach this team. There are like 5-6 guys from the Senators organization that were apart of this storied franchise. That right there makes me want to vomit.

I think I’ve hit rock bottom as a fan. I’ll never stop rooting for this team though…

69. JohnBellyful says:

There’s gotta be a way we can make this game worth watching in the third period. How about the first one to post after the Canadiens make four passes in a row beyond their blue line wins? And the prize is …

70. 1973Habs says:

If Vets really have enough of P.K. Is it possible they refuse to play well until he’s gone? (traded..sent back to Hamilton)
    Any thoughts?

71. Just A Guy says:

and to think the 3rd might be worse, last period before being able to run away from it all… for now. Habs are treating this game like a bunch of drunken assholes expecting to be forgiven in the morning. The only players that look interested in playing hockey are Emelin, Weber, Leblanc and Blunden.

72. Mondou6 says:

Highlight of the night…Sara Orlesky. Can they just show her for the 3rd period?

73. ogilthorpe says:

Switched to watch team Canada play a pre wjc game on tsn against Switzerland. Even though there kids, they look to me like they could destroy the Habs as of right now.