Eight in a row for the Bolts

RolosonMay14

Lightning goalie Dwayne Roloson. Phil Carpenter, The Gazette

The Boston Bruins have lost home-ice advantage.
But that’s  happened before this spring, right?

Tampa Bay scored three times in 85 seconds to take a first-period lead they wouldn’t relinquish.

And the one and only MAB blasted the third-period power-play goal that killed all hopes of a Boston comeback.

Tampa Bay is undefeated with Bergeron in the lineup during the playoffs.

Dwayne Roloson has won eight consecutive playoff games – first 41-year-old goaltender to do so since Jacques Plante in 1969.

And the Bruins end a 5-2 game two men short for trying to goon Victor Hedman.

As my man Dave Stubbs Tweeted: Horton & Lucic vs Hedman & Moore. Boychuk & Campbell vs Spacek & Pyatt. Crap now, crap then

Classy team.

And just like they were against the Canadiens, Bruins hopeless on the PP: 0-for-4.

So Claude Julien continues to prove what a brilliant coach he is. Seguin looked sharp, so he pretty much benched him for the 2nd period. Then he basically blames the loss on not winning faceoffs. The Bruins mgmt collectively will try and rush Bergeron back, they don’t give a FFFFF that this guy coming back early will/could be eerily similar to Savard rushing back last playoffs. How did that work out long term you bunch of idiots. Bergeron is one of the few bruins I like, and if they bring him back game 2 (or any time this series) it will show there complete disregard for players.

And of course the bruins had to finish the game with their patented, well we suck at hockey tonight, so how about lets fight. Unbelievable some people don’t realize how thuggish this entire organization is. I don’t doubt they have lots of talent on that roster, but all is negated with their complete lack of respect.

As someone else posted last night, Did Horton’s contract in Boston require that he become an idiot now that he is in a Bruins jersey?

Good job TBay, keep taking it to them. We all know a 2 game lead means nothing (aargh… that hurt to type)

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

2. pmaraw says:

im thinking timo is having a MAB breakdown

3. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

Ah yes, the so-called over-rated, over-hyped coach is now just three wins away from the big dance in his very first year. Must be the players. Surely can’t have anything to do with his coaching acumen.

Keep showin’ ‘em, Guy.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

4. king ddd says:

PG forget emelin, lure evgeni artukin, give him what ever he wants, it doesnt matter if he doesnt scoree as long as he does this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqxVnuAQTU. please sign him PG

5. habs365 says:

Bruins didn’t make good on their scoring chances–Tampa Bay did if Tampa can maintain their scoring percentage–Bruins will have a early exit..Not playing the Habs now–although the Habs did great–TB is a better scoring team..

6. habstrinifan says:

I am gonna make this last post and call it a NIGHT before I lose all sense of calmness at not having my habs in the playoffs.

I am not, as someone posted, kissing Boucher’s and Yzerman’s ass.

I have posted that the combination give Tampa Bay an incredible chance win the CUP in this relatively wide-open year. So I do admire the pair.

But I would feel just as confident in JM and PG, if they gave me the impression that they were open to ‘learning’ as Boucher and Yzerman are. Unfortunately, I fear that the HABS are being run my two men who are of the SAME closed and unprogressive MIND and who wont change and adjust in the next two years to allow the HABS to be an exciting and top flight team in the league.

I HOPE I am TOTALLY WRONG. How PG/JM address the scoring/grit needs of the team and Muller’s departure will give us some clue.

Thanks Boone for the Blog! I knew I would get into an argument. Man I hate PLAYOFFS without the HABS.

Night!

• Chorske says:

• I didn’t say you were kissing them. I pointed out that there seemed to be a mad rush to crawl UP them. And I explained carefully why I think that inclination is silly, and why I will cheer for TB with joy in my heart for Boucher (we were his first! and you NEVER forget your first), and great all-round guy Stevie Y, and Moore whom I would have gladly kept, and even *barf a little* MAB whom I was glad to see the back of. They are a hard team to dislike. But I won’t join the mad hand-wringing chorus bitching that it would have been better for the Habs to block Boucher’s progress (what kind of message does THAT send), or bring in a rookie unilingual GM into hockey’s most opinionated hothouse. Pff. Come ON.

• Chorske says:

HAH! Speaking of opinionated hothouse

• habstrinifan says:

I think you are not giving me credit for my optimistic points. I DO NOT dismiss JM as useless and ready to be taken out and put down. And I, like you, would not have wante dthe HABS to ‘stand’ in the way of Boucher.

But I ask myself why could Boucher not have been given a big raise and an assistant position with publicly stated plans for him to become the headcoach. If that was made and he turned it down then I cant blame anyone in the organization.

But do you believe that was the case. Not returning Larry Robinson’s call tells me NO.

• Timo says:

You aren’t wrong. We are stuck with JM and PG and as a consequence we will continue to be a middle of the pack stumbling-bumbling team with no chance to win the cup.

7. Always nice to watch the Bruins lose.

8. Jim Edson says:

WAH WAH WAH where’s the bsfanforlife troll now?

On the NESN and Boston Globe discussion boards calling for Julien’s, Marchand’s, Luchicken’s, Horton’s heads!

His “bioches” were outcoached, outplayed and outclassed by a team who played their game.

Do the “bioches” have the most inept power-play in the NHL?

BYW was that the first ever punch thrown by Luchicken from in front? Must have been!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

9. JD_ says:

Way I see it, any penalty earned in the last two minutes of a playoff series game should be fully played out, with the remainin’ time served at the beginnin’ of the next game.

Would put a quick end to an otherwise largely useless exercise that only the Broonz org seems to think has any real impact.

Although, admittedly, I would miss Julien’s well-rehearsed Whazzat? Dance. Quite the performance.

10. rocketsglare says:

Again, Boston with the bush league roughing to end the game.
    When is the league going to step in and and stop Boston’s de-
    liberate attempts to injure opposing players? What a shameful
    display of classlessness by the Bruins. I hope Horton and Lucic
    are suspended and a message is sent that such dangerous and
    reckless behavior will not be tolerated. Ya, right.

11. Keith says:

Have a nice microbrew Boone! I’m having a Picaroon’s Yippie IPA. Great stuff.

12. faninCalgary says:

Gary Galley (one of several ex-Bruins on CBC) says the Bruins were sending a message at the end of the game. What message, pray tell, would that be? We’re going to beat up on these guys because we can’t keep up with their speed and aren’t nearly as skilled?? That’ll work.

• Jim Edson says:

The only message was they got their asses handed to them and they wanted to go home!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Garry Galley sounded like he was about to cry as he rolled off all those excuses for the loss in the final minutes of the game. I also noticed that Dwayne Roloson was CBC’s first star, so I expect Elliotte Friedman to post a story on cbc.ca within the hour about how the Bruins dominated, but Roloson stole the game.

13. RJ says:

Broons are SORE LOSERS. First class fans too.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

14. habsfaninboston says:

So Horton and Lucic game game misconducts. What’s the point with seconds left in the game.

15. slapshot777 says:

We should all log on to the bruins site and stir it up that ought to make them cry tonight. No different then those morons coming on here to keep rubbing it in.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

16. Clay says:

Boone: ‘Dwayne Roloson has won eight consecutive playoff games – first goaltender to do so since Jacques Plante in 1969.”
    I believe he’s the first 41 year old to do that since 1969, not the first goalie.

__________________________
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

• DLHABSNUT65 says:

I do believe that Patrick Roy won 11 in a row in ’93! 4 in a row against Quebec (after losing the first 2), 4 in a row vs. Buffalo and the first 3 vs. NYI. I do believe that only tied the record so I say you’re right!

• Clay says:

Yeah, I remember that like it was yesterday…but I never dreamed we would not win again for this long (and counting).

__________________________

17. slapshot777 says:

Just listen to Cherry, what an idiot saying he is not an homer yet he is saying that Lacavalier should have gone off with Boychuk. I guess Cherry thinks that taking a punch to the head is reason enough to go to. What a f**king d**k.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

18. TheMock780 says:

Those stats on faceoffs show one thing: just how valuable Patrice Bergeron is to the Bruins

• Everlasting1 says:

They’ll be missing him big time unless Seguin steps up.

——————————————————————-
      Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

19. 4m3y2j says:

An old fasshioned ASS KICKING for those ANIMALS/COWARDS fromBEANTOWN.They were schooled by Tampa and it is going to continue.You can tell those cretins are scared because they pulled out the goonery at the end to send a message that will not affect Tampa.Boucher is too far ahead of that SIMPLETON Julien,I say Tampa in 5 but I am praying for a SWEEP!!

20. arcosenate says:

They’re nothing if not predictable, the cement heads just have to be throwing at the end eh? to me that’s just ridiculous that there are no suspensions for that crap at the end of the game. last time i checked punches to the head cause concussions as well.

but there’s no use complainin’ that’s what the league wants, more crap like that.

21. hansolo says:

Maybe the Bruins getting swept out in 4 will be the karma we’ve been waiting for…what a bunch of losers this Bruins team is. I know it’s only 1 game but the display at the end of the game has made me a Lightning fan for this series.

22. Toe Blake says:

Guy Boucher may end up being the most important guy that got away.

You don’t embarrass your opponent. Great coach!

23. Clay says:

Lucic should be suspended for that shit. So classless.

__________________________

24. Everlasting1 says:

Those cheap shots warrant major penalties if not a next-game suspension. There is no need for that, and the league shouldn’t tolerate it.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

25. Keith says:

Seabass is getting quite portly isn’t he?

26. Elephant Man says:

Same ol classless bruin BS.

I am not an animal, I just reproduce that way.

• slapshot777 says:

Boston are idiots, just think Julien is arguing with the refs over the calls. He hasn’t got any class. Then again Boston never did have any class. Just looking at everyone there tonight from Chiraelli, Neely on down, that look of discust and fustration was priceless.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

27. Surprised CBC didn’t put a couple Bruins on the 3 stars.

28. kempie says:

Thanks Boone, that was fun

29. LL says:

Typical Bruins. Shut-up Julien

30. Keith says:

Gooning it up as per usual. Such a classless organization.

31. TheMock780 says:

I hope Tampa wipes out Boston in 4…….and then loses to whoever comes out of the West cause I’ve never really liked Tampa Bay either

32. punkster says:

Typical Bruins.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

33. Propwash says:

Brutal, deflected 3 times it looked like.

Oh, here’s the goon show

34. Chorske says:

Garbage time. Anticipated suspensions: zero

Here we go.

36. And here comes those classy Bruins who can’t handle losing.

37. Keith says:

So what! You still lose gooins!

38. Toe Blake says:

We should be playing the Bolts tonight. If only our D remained even somewhat healthy.

MAB!!!

40. punkster says:

Bet the NESN site is melting down just about now.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

41. Keith says:

Put another one in!

42. Exit716 says:

3P Break Any guesses on what Cam Neely is texting?
    by mboone at 10:49 PM

“I Tarzan….You Jane….”
    “I need more bananas…stat…”

3P Break When does the gooning start?
    by mboone at 10:46 PM

The gooning doesn’t start because the Lightning won’t turtle.

44. habs365 says:

the Kaberle trade so far is making Burke look good

45. Gindan69 says:

Have to give MAB props, he’s a total money player.

• Duracell3 says:

As much of an AHL 3-4th D-man as he is, it is extremely fun to watch someone able to just rifle 105mph slap shots like its nothing from any angle.

46. Propwash says:

Watching Julien yell is like watching jello in an earthquake

47. punkster says:

I don’t know, I’m cheering for the Bruins in this series but man it’s sweet to see them get hammered tonight. I don’t like them but I’d prefer they make it to the Cup series then be absolutely humiliated by the west.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

48. Everlasting1 says:

The one-trick pony strikes again..

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

49. habstrinifan says:

Read back.. I did warn HIO MAB was having a good game!

50. Keith says:

And the CBC is all depressed. Poor babies ;-)

51. thorandresson says:

MAB!!

By the way, just checked Kaberle’s stats, he’s got no PP points with the Bruins yet, that’s both in the playoffs and the regular season, considering he plays on their top PP unit, that’s beyond pathetic!