Eight in a row for the Bolts

RolosonMay14

Lightning goalie Dwayne Roloson. Phil Carpenter, The Gazette

The Boston Bruins have lost home-ice advantage.
But that’s  happened before this spring, right?

Tampa Bay scored three times in 85 seconds to take a first-period lead they wouldn’t relinquish.

And the one and only MAB blasted the third-period power-play goal that killed all hopes of a Boston comeback.

Tampa Bay is undefeated with Bergeron in the lineup during the playoffs.

Dwayne Roloson has won eight consecutive playoff games – first 41-year-old goaltender to do so since Jacques Plante in 1969.

And the Bruins end a 5-2 game two men short for trying to goon Victor Hedman.

As my man Dave Stubbs Tweeted: Horton & Lucic vs Hedman & Moore. Boychuk & Campbell vs Spacek & Pyatt. Crap now, crap then

Classy team.

And just like they were against the Canadiens, Bruins hopeless on the PP: 0-for-4.

1. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Tyler Seguin starting to show why the Kessel trade was a MASSIVE ERROR!!!!

2. NLhabsfan says:

Ahhh crap

3. danedmunds says:

USA… USA… USA

go habs go

4. Toe Blake says:

I just refreshed this screen and a big cockroach came running across it. Is that the HIO motiff for when the Bruins get scored on?

I am looking forward to cockroach corner!
    Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

6. Elephant Man says:

Man I love seeing those piss-yellow wearin, ugly face havin, too much beer drinkin, depressed bruin fans.

I am not an animal, I just reproduce that way.

7. smiler2729 says:

Boone, really, what the hell is a Tukka Rask?

A fishing maneuvre?

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

• Everlasting1 says:

Sounds like a new model of a fishing lure lol

——————————————————————-
      Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

8. Clay says:

Kaberle may be playing himself right out of this league.
    Good on Burke for fleecing the B’s like that.

__________________________
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

Bob Cole sounds depressed now!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

10. smiler2729 says:

TB may as well be wearing bleu blanc et rouge

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

11. Mullie01 says:

Worse trade: Kessel or Kaberle? At least Humpty Dumpty isn’t killing the Leafs in the playoffs…

12. Toe Blake says:

To be fair, Kaberle is a much better player when he plays in games that don’t matter like those of the Leafs!

13. Steven says:

The Bruins aren’t playing against Brian Boucher anymore. This game can very realistically be over already.

14. habsfaninboston says:

WOW! Bye bye Timmy?

• GUNKA DIN says:

Kaberle, another cast off from the playoff tradition of the Laffs. If they ever did make the playoffs. What were those Broons thinking of?

Nobody is ever gonna beat Henri Richard’s record for Cup rings.

15. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole. hahahahahhahahhahaha. As I said earlier, I am fully enjoying watching the Bolts SMOKE the Bruins!

16. smiler2729 says:

3-0! TIMMY! TIMMY! TIMMY!

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

17. zozotheclown says:

WOW, what the hell Boston, I love this!

18. Keith says:

The rout is on! WOOO!

Ole ole ole
    Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

20. Toe Blake says:

Bruins are total fuckleberries!!!

21. Propwash says:

TEEEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEE!!!!!!

22. Toe Blake says:

Claude Jullien and Pierre McGuire don’t have a half inch hair between them!

23. zozotheclown says:

A lot of TB love in here, maybe we should name the place BoltsInsideOut for the next few weeks, I could go for that lol. Go TB!

24. habsfaninboston says:

Hope TB keeps pressing and not sit back protecting the lead.

25. smiler2729 says:

So F*CKING SWEET! I can’t tell ya…

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

That’s the floppy we know and love!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

27. smiler2729 says:

Buh-bye BOSTON!!! Ya get what you deserve in the end.

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

28. Toe Blake says:

Die Jack Edwards! Die!!!

29. LL says:

Price woulda had those…………

30. Keith says:

Yes again! Bury the gooins!

31. _Habsoloutly_ says:

bahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha. looks good on ya Bahston!

32. Propwash says:

Wow, 2-0

33. Toe Blake says:

Screw the Bruins!!!

34. _Habsoloutly_ says:

SAAAWEEEEET!!!!! Chara standing around like a dummy. Luv it!

35. Keith says:

YES!!! Go Tampa!

36. Toe Blake says:

Go Bolts go!!!

37. arcosenate says:

The Bruins are a decent team but man they’re ugly. Surprised they aren’t covered by radio only. Faces like cans of crushed arseholes. Anyway, that’s my take so far.

38. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Damn!! Vinny!

39. habs365 says:

Artyukhin is a good 4th liner and tough.

40. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Stamkos, as i’ve said, I have a kidney I’d trade to get him on the Habs.

41. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Wow, Tampa really does look like the Habs, giving the ruins way too many oppurtunities in the slot.

42. Toe Blake says:

MAB is on the ice? I knew I was missing a garden gnome on my lawn!

43. Toe Blake says:

Claude Jullien ain’t no Bep Guidolin!

44. Toe Blake says:

René Rancourt is a poor man’s Captain Morgan.

45. Propwash says:

Raincourt totally sounds like The Cowardly Lion

46. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Classy Bruins fans, booing a dead guy. I’m sure the “USA” chants will be next.

• Clay says:

Come on man…they were ‘Boo’ing as in ‘Boogard”
      Even they couldn’t be that scummy.
      Lol at the “USA” chants though :)

__________________________

47. Toe Blake says:

Have to go with the only Flying Frenchmen left in the tourney, i.e. the Bolts!

48. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Marchand has a Mohawk.”

lol, I’d say what I thought about that, but you’d probably delete it.

49. Keith says:

That was like 2 seconds of silence. Cretins!

50. Keith says:

Go Bolts! Go Boucher! Go Martin and Vinnie!

51. HabsFan2 says:

“If the Canadiens were playing, I’d be on RDS.”

It is on RDS.

———————————————-
    I have come home.” – Patrick Roy

52. Propwash says:

This should be an interesting series.

53. Exit716 says:

Friedeman is the only decent part of the Gong Show known as Hockey Night in Don Cherry’s Pants.

54. Exit716 says:

Thomas’s comments as a Michigander never being east of Niagara Falls are classic.

As poorly as Kaberle has played this playoffs and poorly to finish the reg. season, he will be in for a rude awakening when signs his next contract.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

56. Everlasting1 says:

@ HardHabits

re·al [ree-uhl, reel]

1. Anything that HH can see, hear, touch, taste, lick, suck, etc.
    2. Whatever HH is able to comprehend and/or deny.
    3. What HH conjures up while under the influence of psychedelic-induced substances.

Used in a sentence..
    Anon: ” What is real, HH?”
    HH: ” What my momma, the education system, CNN, my elected officials, and my fave reality tv show confirms for me every day. I’m keepin’ it REE-UHL, yo.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

57. NoTinFoilCups says:

Signing off until Tuesday. Hopefully there’ll be some Habs news by then. This is still a Habs site as far as I am concerned.

• The Cat says:

Whats wrong with discussing anything not habs related?

58. G-Man says:

So, people, if Bs fan is going to sully our pages with pro-Brucking Fuins smut, I say we make this page Bolt Central for the series.
    Go Bolts!

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’m fully behind the Bolts. Partly because of my hate for all things Bawston, but moreso because I just like the Bolts. You have the feel-good story of Roloson, an older goalie embracing his oppurtunity to to do his damage in the playoffs, you have St. Louis (how could anyone not like him?), you have Vinny stepping it up and playing some great hockey, you have Boucher who is a product of the Montreal organization, and you have the coup de gras, MAB! Go Bolts go!

• nek25plus says:

Good on ya! (even though i hate the bolts too)

59. LL says:

I don’t hate Boston, what I feel is worse….nothing.

I don’t hate/love, like/dislike or care if they beat Tampa or not. Chara’s hit drained all the emotion out of me in regards to the Bruins.

But I will be cheering for SJ or Vancouver.

60. Mark C says:

“When Guy Boucher was pre-scouting the Bruins, he paid special attention to Boston’s first-round matchup against the Canadiens. In Montreal, Boucher saw a team much like his own.

“I think we’re very close to what the Montreal Canadiens are,” said Guy Boucher. “They’ve got good goaltending. They’ve got a lot of speed. They’ve got guys who can put the puck in the net. I think that’s what we are. When we looked at that series, it’s very similar to what, probably, we’re going to see in this series.”

Like the Canadiens, the Lightning play a smothering trap that gives opponents little space in the neutral zone. Where the Canadiens looked to sharpshooters such as Mike Cammalleri, Tomas Plekanec, and Brian Gionta to provide quick-strike offence, Boucher will turn to Martin St. Louis, Steven Stamkos, and Vincent Lecavalier. While Carey Price stood tall for Montreal, Dwayne Roloson has been even sharper for Tampa Bay”.

Even Guy thinks Montreal and Tampa are similar.

• OneTimer says:

The big difference: Habs’ star forwards were snakebitten when it counted vs. Boston, but the Bolts’ Big Three must be doing something right to have made it this far.

• The Cat says:

The words habs forwards and snakebitten have gone together too much in the recent past. The habs need more size down the middle.

61. solsub says:

Looks like Eller’s out 4-6 months due to shoulder surgery. Read it over at HF Boards:

62. smiler2729 says:

F Boston… that’s about all I can muster when I think of NHL hockey these days.

“If the Bruins played the Taliban, I’d root for the Taliban”

63. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Can’t wait to see the Bolts smoke the classless Boston Bruins. It’ll be good to see all the Bruins fans that post here crawl back down their holes.

• ManApart says:

I wouldn’t talk too much, the Habs have been golfing for 2 weeks now because of those very same Bruins. And as far as calling them classless Bruins fans, kettle meet pot.

• G-Man says:

You are sure you are a fan of the Habs, right?

• ManApart says:

I am a fan. The guy is just embarrassing. He’s trying to call the Bruins down, when they’re in the 3rd round after having knocked Montreal out 2 rounds ago. It’s like a Leaf fan laughing at the Habs for not making it past the 1st round. If you see anything untruthful in my statement, let me know.

Also, if you’ve ever seen this guy’s posts you would understand why I’m calling him out. It’s really hard to be a Habs fan, knowing that he is one too.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

hahahahahahahaha. wow. what a delusional pos you are. Go back to bashing Carey Price and the habs management you tool.

• G-Man says:

It’s just that the Brucking Fuins are the Habs biggest rival and the thuggery they displayed this season deserves nothing but scorn. I hope they are smoked in 4.

• LL says:

Explain how you are a fan. You show up only after losses, you criticize every aspect of the team. You hate our goalie to a point where you compliment every other goalie in the league and never Price, unless it’s a backhanded one. Let’s not start about Eller, PG, etc.

You are totally transparent ManApart, but if fooling yourself floats your boat, what the heck.

• That’s rich considering you spent all summer and most of this year trashing the Habs who made it just as far as the Bruins.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

He’s not a Habs fan, anyone who spends any amount of time here knows that. He hates me because I’m one of the few here with the balls to call him on his trolling, Price bashing nonsense. He’s a clown who lives in mommy and daddies basement.

• Ton says:

Are you kidding me, manapart is 110 years old, he’s seen the best and attending every stanley cup parade they have had……..extremely knowledgeable but not liked on this site for his split personality…………………….tough position to be in but he’s taking medication to help him pull through.

• WindsorHab-10 says:

A Habs fan praising Boston?

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

• OneTimer says:

Pot calling the kettle black? How is he being a hypocrite? Is it classless to wish for our most hated rivals (and I’m clearly not including you in that ‘our’), who eliminated us in a very close series and who gooned it up against us all year, to be swept and humiliated by the Bolts? Explain that one to me please.

64. Keith says:

Now if CJAD could cover the game too… Glad yer back Boone!

65. Without looking at the point totals, as someone else mentioned recently, Joe Thornton has had a coming out party in these playoffs. He’s contributed at key times of course, but aside from offensive contribution, his compete level is much higher than I’ve ever seen, or at least since the World Cup before the lockout. His defensive play has been elite all playoffs, and personally I’d rate him right up there with Roloson, St. Louis and Kesler as Conn Smythe candidates.

I’ve always been a detractor of Thornton because I’ve always found him to play lazy when it matters, not this year. The way he’s been cutting to the net is just awesome.

• The Cat says:

You know I never got how he got the blame when Nabokov always got off. Nabokov was always outdueled by the other goalie he was facing. So I agree with Don Cherry in that Joe got the choke tag unfairly.

Someone earlier was talking about the Gomez trade being worst ever. You can make a case for how bad the Thornton trade to San Jose was. Granted Boston got some warm bodies back, but Thornton is still a big impact player. Not to mention the big centre man everyone is looking for. Sturm, Wayne Primeau and Brad Stuart. Kind of reminds me of the Roy trade, we trade great player get bodies with pulses back. Not saying Thornton is anywhere near Roy, but team trades best player and gets nothing significant in return.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

66. ManApart says:

Just found out about Boogaard. Very sad news. He was a great person by all accounts and struck fear into anyone who played against him. The only one in the league who could take on Chara.

67. Exit716 says:

Twitter is excellent.
    Read this post from Mr. Respect Mike Richards.

MRichie18 Michael Richards
    Apparently if you don’t pay your comcast bill they just shut you down, a phone call would of been nice.

Poor Mike. Can’t afford cable on his $6 million per year salary. I hope his boss Mr. Snider doesn’t garnishee his wages…
    Richards appears not only to be a punk, but also an idiot.

68. naweed235 says:

As much faith as I lost in Karma after the B’s beat the Habs there is a little part of me who likes to think that all this happened just to lead to a big finale where the Goons get beaten down and humiliated so badly that it will all be worth it! :)

69. HabFanSince72 says:

Your daily quiz

A. If the Bruins win the cup will Claude Julien become:

1) the worst cup winning coach since Jean Perron?
    or
    2) the worst cup winning coach of all time?

Patrice Bergeron is listed as day-to-day with a “mild” concussion. Which leads to a few questions. What does “mild” mean in the world of concussions, and should Bergeron even play during the rest of the playoffs seeing he has already had two previous concusssions?

There is going to be tons of pressure on Boston’s best forward to suit up. He centres one of the top lines, leads the team in scoring and is an ace face-off performer. In fact, his absence could turn out to be the tie-breaker in the series. In the old days, it would be very simple – get out there and put the team’s needs first.

Alas, the world is not that simple anymore in today’s NHL.

• BsFanforLife says:

If I may, I can answer the question about the concussion thing. In an nutshell, concussions have 3 grades, Grade1 or “mild”, Grade 2 or “moderate”, and Grade 3 or “severe”. They are based on a couple of things: whether or not there was loss of consciousness, length of unconciousness and the length of amnesia to the incident. There was no loss of conciousness in Bergy’s case and so he gets a grade 1. Pacioretty’s concussion was indeed “severe” or a grade 3 because his loss of conciousness was around 5 min or longer. I would like to stress that grades have NOTHING to do with length nor severity of the lingering symptoms but they do give an idea of how long you SHOULD be out with such.

• TOEmastro says:

What the problem is, is that these official reports are using the old standards which BsFAN outlined above.
        Since 2009, the new standard (Canadian Red Cross) classifies a concussion based on time to recovery and time to come back

Olé, olé, olé oleé

• BsFanforLife says:

I was using the information from the AANS and other sources that I used when doing my thesis on Sports Related Head Injuries for paramedic school.

• issie74 says:

Thank you Dr,Recchi,as a person who has actually dealt with concussion,I have to say you have helped make it so simple to understand.

• Mark C says:

Only if all Boston fans understand this. The whole “he must be faking because one can’t have a ‘severe’ concussion and watch a movie four days later”, was insufferable to hear as a Habs fan living in NE.

71. Jonson says:

anyone see the interview with Joe thornton and pierre mcguire at the end of game 7? Joe was hilarious. he really made mcguire and all the analysts look stupid.

72. naweed235 says:

It makes me sick knowing that pathetic excuse of a team is still in the playoffs… I also find it scary that I have developed such a hate and disgust for the Boston Goons this year… Normally I’d like to think that I am a reasonable person and I would not mix up sports with real life matters but MAN DO I HATE THAT TEAM with every cell in my body!
    anyone else feeling this?

• Jonson says:

not at all, why are they goons? cant everyone just understand that boston is a great team with a whole lot of depth. great D and a great goalie. everyone on here is overlooking that fact. i know as habs fans we are supposed to hate the bruins. but as a hockey fan we should see how good they really are. they are not overrated and they are not a bunch of goons. they are a hard working aggressive team. lets cut the bull and realize that they are very very good. and montreal took them to game 7 overtime. montreal is a great team as well and if it wasnt for all the injuries we would prob have been in bostons position right now.

• naweed235 says:

they are a classless, big mouthed, bunch of morons lead by idiots like Marchand the rat, Dr. Rechi, Hunch back lucic, big Ape Chara, flying finger up his bum ference and the list goes on…
        The only guy coming close to respectable on that team is probably Bergeron…
        need I say more?

• BsFanforLife says:

There are plenty of things about the Habs that turn the stomachs of Bruins fans. But there are Bruins fans that are respectful of your teams successes in the past. Not all, but some. Clearly though you are not a Montreal fan who recipricates the gesture.

• issie74 says:

You are so right,Ference showed us that respect.

• BsFanforLife says:

I never said that Ference’s actions were acceptable. Even as a Bruins fan I thought it was pretty Bush league. But to lump ALL Bruins fans in one group as a bunch of souchebags would be the same as me coming on here and saying that every person that signs in on H I/O is nothing but a riotting, police car torching hooligan. Which is far from the truth and you and I both know that.

• Bill J says:

Do you mean your media’s obsession with imaginary dives?

• BsFanforLife says:

Theres more than just the diving

• naweed235 says:

sorry buddy… all good points and you seem to be a respectable B’s fan if there is even such a thing, but I don’t think there is anything in this world that could change us Real Habs fans opinion about those classless morons… maybe it’s because The Canadians organization is all about class and respect and the Bs are just on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to this…

• BsFanforLife says:

Ive never come here to change your opinions of the B’s. I am not a Habs fan in any sense of the word but I DO enjoy attempting to understand both the Habs fans’ “side of the story” if you will and to have intelligent hockey conversations with fans of other teams. Oh. And to annoy HabsFanSince72 who seems to like to try to tell me to leave everytime I show up. lol

• Jonson says:

as much i think marchand is a (deleted) i would LOVE to have him on the habs! one hell of a hockey player.

• BsFanforLife says:

If it makes you feel any better, I actually respect the skill that Subban has and he will be a hell of a defensemen for years for you guys. Its the parts of Marchands game that you all dislike that i see in Subbans game he uses against us that make me think hes a (deleted) too. But I also know talent when I see it

• issie74 says:

Nick Lidstrom came out and gave Subban props as a player months ago and then Thomas called him out on Boston radio.
            Personally I think will stick with Lidstrom…he has class.

• naweed235 says:

BTW stop pretending you are a Habs fan… Although for a Boston fan you sure are surprisingly respectful :)

• Jonson says:

pretending im a habs fan? dude you know nothing about me. dont question my love for the habs or the knowledge i have about them. i follow the habs like a religion and believe that they are very very close to being a championship team. all im saying is that you can hate the bruins all you want but if you dont believe they deserve to be where they are right now then you are delusional. i dont like them either at all but i watch enough hockey to know that they are a very good hockey team.

• BsFanforLife says:

Well said. And actually I agree that Montreal is very close to being a serious contender. See? Bruins and Habs fans can get along haha

• ManApart says:

Good response Jonson. Except the part where you say Montreal is very, very close to being a Championship team. They are not close at all.

• J_P says:

Maybe because Chara violently hit paccioretty into the stanchion, and despite what people think, it was clearly both malicious and intentional.

Maybe because Chara didnt even get suspended one game for the aformentioned hit.

Maybe because Ference flipped the bird to our fans?

Maybe because Recchi accused our medical staff of exaggerating pacciorettys injury?

Maybe because ference hit Jeff Halpern, who recently came back from a concussion, with a blindside hit behind the play?

Maybe because Boychuk tried to hit jeff halperns head into the stanchion?

Maybe because they accused us of diving only for chara to take the biggest dive I have ever seen in the first period of game 7 from the eller crosscheck?

Maybe because the league disciplinarians son plays for them so they get preferential treatment?

Maybe because the chairman of the board of governors, the guy who quietly extended bettmans contract, owns them, so they get preferential treatment?

Seems like a lot of very valid reasons to hate the bruins to me…

• naweed235 says:

haha yes Jp… that pretty much sums it up pretty good… although I could add plenty more to that list

• OneTimer says:

Nice little summary. And that’s pretty much only for the 2010-2011 season.

• Jonson says:

CHARA incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9Xy2UnWc i didnt see any of you complain about that one. its a hockey play it happened way to fast .

Ference should have been suspended no doubt about it.

Recchi said sorry and claimed that he was trying to the attention away from his captain.

Ferrence should have been called a penatly for sure.

Chara didnt Dive he was pushed head first into the game. IM glad Eller did that but dont think Chara was diving.

thats hockey if you dont like hockey than watch something else.

• BsFanforLife says:

1) Is this Chara? Cause last time I checked the only one who knew what Chara was thinking was Chara himself. And Ive said on here before that if he HAD been suspended I would have been equally ok with it as him not being suspended.

2) I refer back to the part where I said Ferences action was Bush League earlier in this thread.

3) Recchi was wrong as I said

4) You cant hit someone blindside when they are skating face on at you so let it go

5) When did Boychuk try to deliberately place a head in a stanchion? And frankily its pretty crazy to keep bringing up stanchions and hits along that section of the boards when the offensive player should ALSO know that going into those sections of the ice you are in a bad place for getting hit. Not saying its their fault but you cant use the stanchions as a 6th player.

6) Ok. Well PK grabbing onto a stick and looking over at a linesman and then falling over to try to draw the hooking penalty cancels that out.

7) Take your tin hat off. Just because Gregory Campbell is on our 4th line and getting 6 minutes a night in the playoffs doesnt mean the B’s get a pass. Colin has nothing to do with our suspensions or fines and I dont remember anyone making any of these claims when he was a Panther.

8) as far as Chairman of the board. see above.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Take your tin hat off? You are truly (deleted). Not surprising you’re a Bruins fan. Ummm it is a DOCUMENTED FACT, yes, a DOCUMENTED FACT that Cambell was sending emails to the refs about calls he “didn’t like” against his son, while his son was a Florida Panther. and when I say DOCUMENTED FACT, I mean because it was documented in a court of law. So get your bruins head out of your bruins (deleted).

• BsFanforLife says:

Please. By all means. Send me your documented facts, links, emails, whatever. If ou can show me them then I will by all means retract my previous statements. Im a big man and can admit if Ive made a mistake in something Ive said. So send them my way.

• ManApart says:

You don’t come on here often. Don’t mind Habsolutely B’s fan. He’s a clown. Even Habs fans are embarrassed by him. The guy never had an intellegent conversation in his life. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’re best off just to ignore him.

• LL says:

You don’t come on here often. Don’t mind ManApart B’s fan. He’s a clown. Even Habs fans are embarrassed by him. The guy never had an intellegent conversation in his life. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’re best off just to ignore him.

• ManApart says:

I’m sure if B’s fan would look at the majority of my posts, he would quickly determine that my post is truthful and accurate and yours isn’t, but what else is new really.

• LL says:

Everyone has their own version of the “truth”…so for once I agree.

• nek25plus says:

Hey…let’s admit that Chara has changed this year for the worst. He seems angry and reckless. He’s never been skilled player, he uses his size and reach to his advantage in a battle. But, the Pacioretty hit was definitely a charge, with intent to injure. The puck was already in the corner when he makes the hit. He had many other options and he chose that one. That is why I say he has changed, in the past he would have made the smarter play and not made the choice he made. I used to respect him for the player he was, big and difficult around the net with a hard shot from the point. He is not a player of skill and should not be a Norris trophy candidate. He is, Hal Gill with a shot.
            The league will not punish these players on these teams as they are desperately trying to build the U.S Markets. The struggling markets, which include Boston can’t afford to have their so called “stars” out of their lineups. But you can bet if Matt Cooke makes that hit he’s done.
            Players have admitted that the league is soft on Boston, and if THEY think that then there must be some truth.
            Mark Recchi…is a jerk, following script. Ference was looking to get back on his teams good side. Good for him.
            I ask how it is possible that the NHL misses all that? Because they need these markets to start to regain their form, they are pressured by the high performing($’S) Canadian markets.
            Can I ask why you are on this site? Just to argue with fans who you know are not going to agree with you? Or because you don’t have this kind of interest in your teams market.

• secretdragonfly says:

You aren’t the only one.

• kempie says:

Feeling it loud & clear.

• Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I agree, I always hated the Bruins, but always had a respect for them, up until this year, that is. It was that 8-6 beatdown that did it for me. I don’t mind the odd tustle now and then, but when they were going after non-fighters, taking their runs at PK, CP and MaxPac, my stomach had turned by the end of that game, the respect was gone. I also agree with jonson that they’re a very good team, but I’m really hoping the Lightning knock them off, even if we have to hear from all the haters praising Stevie Y, Boucher, MAB, Moore et all…

• issie74 says:

I am ashamed to say,I have the same feeling toward them.

It started with the game they played against Dallas.

The next day I heard that awful little man (Jack Edwards)interview with Doug McLean on the fan 590,saying that he has the ear of the Boston players and that they were all in agreement..this was the way they have to play to be successful the rest of the way.

Then came the game with the Habs(I should say the brawl).

The NHL had a warning of what was to happen and did nothing.

Which makes me wonder..is it because Jeremey Jacobs who is the owner of the Boston Bruins is also the Chairman of the Board of the NHL.

This means Bettman,Campbell etc etc are employed and paid by him,

• volcano62 says:

I feel the same way.

73. Danno says:

Will go seven games

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

74. Jonson says:

to anyone who thinks tampa is gonna win this series is wrong.

• SeriousFan09 says:

I have a feeling Tim Thomas’s luck will run out this series. He can’t send rebounds into good scoring areas forever and expect his teammates to bail him out.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Mark C says:

I kind of agree, but Roloson is playing way over his head. Roloson’s SV% is 0.029 points higher than in the reg. season with Tampa.

• Jonson says:

Luck?? i really dont see it as luck. thomas is gonna be a 2 time vezina winner. whatever he is doing its working. he has great defense in front of him so im not to worried his rebound control. what about ROlosons luck? or i suspect you dont think he has any luck?

• BsFanforLife says:

Personally, its not a case of Thomas putting rebounds into scoring areas as it is where his defense is at the time he does. Games 1 and 2 of the MTL series he put quite a few in play and his defense was caught overplaying the puck along the wings. The defense stayed home and those rebounds suddenly werent an issue. And rebounds being placed in scoring areas is an issue EVERY goalie goes through. It is the defense in front of him that makes the difference in those cases.

• ManApart says:

Oh, you said Philly was going to eat him alive, for his so called rebounds. You couldn’t have been more wrong. Thomas’ success has nothing to do with luck. He has played very well and seems to get better as the playoffs move along. He outplayed Price, who most Habs fans thought was the better goalie, and helped the Bruins get over their garbage play in the first 4 games.

• He actually didn’t outplay Price according to the numbers, but ok bub.

• ManApart says:

I know the numbers and also watched the games. I’m not saying Price was bad overall, nor did Thomas outplay him by a large margin. Just in the end, in the clutch moments, when the big saves were needed Thomas was there more than Price. It’s those little edges that make all the difference in a close series like that one.

For seriousfan to constantly say it’s just luck that leads Thomas to Vezina trophys, Save% records and great playoff play is just ridiculous.

• Clutch moments? In Game 7 in OT Thomas was beat 4 times in the opening minutes only to be saved by defensemen or for the puck to wobble slightly off to one side. Price was beat by a deflection that barely missed hitting him, that’s the definition of luck.

As for people saying a lot of Thomas’s success is luck, it’s partially true and partially not. For a goaltender he’s not even in the top half of the league as far as skill goes, or technique. However he benefits from a defense that’s very good at clearing rebounds, and he has a compete level that most goalies don’t have. He thrusts himself in front of pucks and his unorthodox style leads to players shooting right at him, much like with Hasek.

It’s great that you watched the games, good for you. I’m guessing no one else watched them on this site you must know more than all of us.

According to scoring chances, among other numbers, it wasn’t even close between Thomas and Price. Thomas was massively outplayed in that round, and the only reason Boston won, was in fact they got the bounces, ie: luck. It was probably the closest playoff series of the last few years. If the Canadiens would have won it would have been luck too, the teams were far too evenly matched for either side to claim they outplayed the other by any real margin.

• BsFanforLife says:

Andrew – if youre using stats like quality scoring chances and things to say that Price was the better goaltender then that means the rest of the Bruins outplayed the Canadiens. Cause you dont get those scoring chances with out outplaying the other teams defense.

• Last I checked B’sfan, Price is part of the Montreal Canadiens team, and Tim Thomas is part of the Boston Bruins team. So yes, there was a gap between the goalies and a gap between the forward corps of both teams, while the defense was essentially even, and the overall competition was even.

• ManApart says:

There were large portions of that series, where Boston was asleep and Thomas was the only one keeping them in the game. To say Thomas got massively outplayed by Price is not accurate at all. In 3 overtimes as well as that crazy game 4, Thomas got the better of Price, Not to mention game 3. In every big key moment of the series Thomas made the saves and Price didn’t. To me, that signals Thomas had the edge in goal during the series.

• kempie says:

Then I must be wrong too.

• You’ve been so bang on in your predictions thus far… *rolls eyes*

• Jonson says:

8 of 12 thank you very much. not that it means much, some luck obviously and some chosen from the heart. but to roll your eyes at me… i think its a little much.

75. RockinRey says:

Of course because this is Hockeyinsideout afterall!