Lindy Ruff

That’s why he’s the longest-serving coach in the league.

What a gutsy move.

And a heartbreaker for the Canadiens.

Brilliant road game for 57 minutes.

Pominville:Easy goal

AK46: Wide

Stafford: Save

Cammalleri: Leg save

Vanek: Goal

Dude. I’ve been watching the team since ’73. True, Price played well the 1st two games of the season but face it, he plays great when benched for a while but doesn’t carry the same intensity to the next game(s). I wish he did, but he doesn’t.

2. GrimJim says:

And funny. You have to give him that. Timo is often funny in his negativity

3. t1tan5 says:

Timo is not a troll. He is extremely negative ALL the time unless we win 933-0, but a troll he is not.

4. twocents says:

Pouliot did have a hit on Monday and was not on the ice for either goal against. If you didn’t noticed, no one on the Habs scored. That why it was a shutout.

On Saturday he had 4 shots on goal, 4 missed shots, a hit and 3 blocked shots. He earned that point.

In case you missed it, he had his bell rung on Monday too, and still was involved in the play as much as anyone on the Habs, right till the end of the game.

5. t1tan5 says:

Hey, at least you’re honest 🙂

RABIB —You have your priorities in order my friend, education is very much overrated.

7. oshawahabsfan says:

Come on Timo, neither of them have the Gill sexy PK pose

8. t1tan5 says:

To be quite honest, I think you would hate them too.

9. matmacat says:

no doubt.

10. SarahMc33 says:

hey now, I know lots of girls who hit harder than laps!!

11. SarahMc33 says:

white works for Jaro

12. Mr.Hazard says:

So basically, at this point, if we go the rest of the season playing .500 hockey, we have a 0.500 chance of making the playoffs. The better our record, the more our chances increase, to the point where if we win 100% of the remaining ganes, we’ll have a guaranteed playoff berth.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

13. oshawahabsfan says:

Volchenkov with two really dirty hits in the same game last night versus Philly. No call on either play, absolutely ridiculous! The replay of the hit on Gagne shows the referee looking directly up the ice at the play. Gagne then gets 19 minutes in penalties for going after Volchenkov himself, and Volchenkov gets nothing of course. This is where Campbell has to do his job when the refs are too incompetant to do theirs on the ice. Two hits in one game like that should equal a suspension for each one.

14. boy from school says:

nice post. made me laugh.

15. Danno says:

Don’t pay no never mind to skool. You dont nead no book learnin’. Only hawkey watchin’ And beers.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. t1tan5 says:

IMO, white pads are better for hockey since it is harder to differentiate between the pads and net/boards/ice. In a game of inches, I think it provides a competitive advantage.

17. B says:

Price played 11 games in November and the team scored 2 or less in 5 of those games. Halak played once in November stopping 30 of 31 shots in a 1-0 loss to Calgary. I don’t think Price was the reason they beat Phoenix 4-2 in November, he had only 20 shots that night, but he certainly did have a great game against Nashville.

18. avatar_58 says:

I love that Price could comb his hair different and everyone holds their breath 😀 I wonder if NJ fans do this to Marty?

19. andrewberkshire says:

Baiting for replies HH?

20. t1tan5 says:

I have a midterm tomorrow. Screw it, there are so many stories for tonight’s game that I can’t miss it! Price back in nets with white pads, Cam completing the first line, and MAB on the PP. Can’t wait!

21. likehoy says:

it wasn’t that great, but it did take 7 minutes out of my life.

– Team Halak V.S. Team Price…Montreal Canadiens Fans are similar to 14 year-old Girls going through Puberty.

22. Danno says:

My favorite TV theme song is Hawaii Five-O

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

23. RiverviewCanadien says:

Go get ’em Price, Cammalleri, Bergeron et all!

24. SeriousFan09 says:

How about in November when he played so well all the team needed to do was score but couldn’t go above 2 goals a game for most of the month? Nashville was one of his greatest games ever, right after he got the team their win in Phoenix. More examples there as well.

Team not scoring in front of Price has cost them more than anything.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

25. Gormdog says:

So many idiots on this website… It’s amazing how many of you have only been watchign this team for a couple of weeks… First 2 games of the season? Anyone? Or is this truly the terrible level Habs fan have reached…

26. Iceberg84 says:

Great video unrelated to hockey to help you pass the time between now and 7:30. A TV show theme song medley performed by a really talented musician:

Price will play amazing tonight and steal the game, however next game they MUST play Halak, because Price cannot string two good games in a row together yet in his career.

28. likehoy says:

i rather have the pussy hitting, agitating maxim lapierre and his 6g 6a and 152 hits this year than tom pyatt’s girly figure skating with 1g 3a and 23 hits this year.

29. mbplekfan says:

You mean his ability to hit the bar after the game??

Lapierre’s physical play is poor for a player of his size. He hits like a girl.

30. likehoy says:

tom pyatt replacing laps!? he better do something useful for once! otherwise i’d prefer lapierre’s ability to hit

31. linp says:

Pouliot has been playing with our 2 best forwards and has been given 20 mins. ice time. He was lucky to have an assist 2 games ago. Last game, he recorded no hit, no shot on goal and was invisible the whole game. He better starts to skate or we need to change our 1st line.

32. Game 7 says:

My friend just sent me this site and you’re going to love it. It has all those stats you try so hard to work out. In fact it has it for all sports, but here it is for the Habs

Seriously it’s awesome (and not my site, just really amazed at the detail).

33. mbplekfan says:

Finally Lapierre see’s the inside of the pressbox on game night. Unfortunately he is replaced by MAB.

I’ll take off an underperforming third line center and add in an undersized power play specialist.

Buffalo is shaking in their boots at this coaching genius.

Hopefully Lapierre will take this move to heart and return to the form of last year. His regression and deteriorated play is a major factor in the poor performance of our third and fourth lines. Mgmt expected better from this player but he hasnt performed.

Ryan White will almost certainly take his spot next year.

34. HabsRadio says:

I like the choice of Price in nets tonight.  Lower pressure and a bigger challenge.  Look for the team to rise to the occasion.

Some great discussions about this week’s games:

Check out for a fresh take on all things Habs. Blogs, Discussions, and of course, the Podcast!

35. B says:

He is still recovering from the bang he took to the top of the head when the Habs brought him up too quickly.

36. avatar_58 says:

Oh sorry….thought the game started already

37. SeriousFan09 says:

I can hear the oyoyoyoys from here.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m sticking with standard home jersey, my CA 15-16 jersey failed to make anything happen so I went back to the one I wore when we started the LA Kings comeback.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

39. avatar_58 says:

My Roy is shootout-lucky. 😀 Seriously, they win ’em all. I say go with CAC Carey – it should give him good luck!

40. longtimehabsfan says:

Just heard it on Team990.  Interesting.

41. Mr.Hazard says:

Providing Price plays well, I have a good feeling about this game. And I didn’t have a good feeling about Toronto or Ottawa. Price just has to play well. COME ON, PRICE, SHOW YOUR STUFF.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

42. Mr.Hazard says:

Wait wait wait. Did our winning-streak-ending-back-to-back losses coincide with Lapierre’s return??? Can someone confirm this?

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

43. Captain aHab says:

Max Lapierre sits tonight. Pyatt in.

44. twocents says:

Well, I was actually referring to your point about them needing to skate and work hard. I have a feeling you know that though.

Having said that, if little Bergy can help pop one on the PP, and avoid causing one in our end, I’ll at least refrain from disputing his purported awesomenss.

45. HABSsince92 says:

What jersey do i wear to the game tonight………93 Cup Patrick Roy, 70s style Ken Dryden, or Centennial CAC 1915 Carey Price?

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

46. twocents says:

You are bang on in your analysis, Timo.

But, I will correct you on one point, once again: Pouliot did not record a point in the last game. But, he hasn’t gone 2 games without a point in 15 games. In fact, he has only gone 2 games without a point twice in his time here and has never gone 3 games without a point in Montreal. He has 8 points in his last 10 games. He is hardly the problem.

Furthermore, he doesn’t make millions, he is paid 800K to be tied as our second leading point producer(tied with Gionta, behind only Gomez) and tied as our number 1 goalscorer(Gionta again) over the 30 games he has been here.

47. ken says:

When is Max P back with Hamilton?  Anyone know what his injury is?

48. jlot64 says:

Cammi and MAB are big parts of the powerplay even if they are not scoring bc they are legitimate threats that teams have to defend.  With all due respect to Darche but it’s much easier to cheat away from his coverage to close another lane than it is to leave cammi.

49. Norm0770 says:

Pouliot isn’t making millions, but still 10 times more than I make…

50. SeriousFan09 says:

Go Price! Shut the Sabres out, you’re due kid!

Looking forward to some Pleks/AK/Cammy magic tonight, might be a bit rusty but having Cammalleri changes that line’s dynamic a lot, Pleks has a finisher and Cammy is good at setting AK up.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

51. K-hab25 says:

Maybe it has to do with the 2 horrible games Halak has had against BUF this year, giving up 5 goals in each game. Price on the other hand has a win 2-1 in OT and a loss 1-0. So who would you start?

52. CHsam says:

GO Carey GO!

53. HabFanSince72 says:

Surprisingly, Cammi has not scored much on the powerplay.

He has only 4 PP goals, same as Markov and Pouliot who’ve played fewer games, and  fewer  than Metro (10) and Gionta (8).

54. jbroderi says:

I don’t care if the start Sean Majumder in goal, I just want to win the game.  Lets get a fresh thread going.

“Do the day and let the day do you” JB

55. Iceberg84 says:

Considering the way Montreal has played against teams not in a playoff spot in recent history, this game is a must win. They’ve only got 9 games left to clinch a spot at this point and that needs to start now. But if they can’t beat Buffalo I don’t see this team doing much in April anyway, so this game will be an interesting test and hopefully a preview of Montreal’s first round matchup since they probably won’t do too well against Washington or Pittsburgh.

56. ed lopaz says:

everyone agrees with you.

57. yves_on_habs says:

That’s right…. alot of losses this season can be attributed to the team’s lack of offense.

Let’s hope Cammalleri and MA Bergeron bring some spark to the power play…. and let’s hope we get some power play chances!!!

– Yves –

Blog –

Twitter –

58. avatar_58 says:

Well alright but I can’t really skate well

59. forskis says:

I agree that Halak is not the reason the team has lost two in a row…however, the Leafs made him look awful in the shootout…anyway, I would have played Halak tonight and Price tomorrow, unless they want to keep Price away from the home crowd until he gets his consistency back.

The PP has gone 1-11 or so in the two games and the pucksterbating habits have come back to this team…JM better tell his players to get the puck off their sticks and towards the net.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

60. Danno says:

I agree. WE need to start scoring some goals.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

61. thepriceiswrong says:

What the hell is wrong with you people? IT DOESNT MATTER WHO PLAYS IN NETS TONIGHT.

Halak is not the reason we lost 2 straight, and Carey wont be the reason we snap out of this mini-slump.

The problem has been on the PP (which will get a boost with Cammy and Bergy) and overall system play (i.e. long stretch passes vs puck possession and dominating down low which is where we have had success).

It is the TEAM that needs to make a change.The goalies are both doing their jobs. It is clear Halak has claimed the No. 1 status for now (which I think is important to choose one going into the playoffs), but that does not mean Price can’t do his part as well.

62. SlovakHab says:

I am sure either Carey will do well if he starts. We need to score early and take the lead and we won’t be riding a 3-game L streak.

63. ed lopaz says:

clearly halak’s play is not the issue here – another reason why I would play price tonight.

just give halak a night off and let’s see if price can help turn this around.

the guys on this site who fight back and forth halak vs price forget the primary objective:

64. jimhasbeen says:

what would happen if we put price in halak’s equipment?

the team can’t tell the difference and they play well in front of him?!

its foolproof!

65. Danno says:

I agree it’s a good move to give Price a shot tonight, but Halak did not lose those last two games. It was a lack of effort and execution on the part of the rest of the team that cost us those games. Especially the power play.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

66. linp says:

One-timer is what was missing in our PP and we have two one-timer specialist back.

I think what is critical is that we need to force the play at the start and establish a lead. JM’s system works much better when we have a lead.

Trackbacks for this post