On to Game 7

millu-big_75074

Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

What a war of attrition the playoffs are.
Latest casualties: Mason Raymond and Roberto Luongo’s confidence.
A homer series is one thing. But this is absurd:

Three games in Boston: Bruins 17 Canucks 3.

Boston scored four goals in 4:14 of the first period – fastest in league history –  to turn Game 6 into a laugher.

Tim Thomas made 36 saves.

Bruins were 46-28 on faceoffs.

Shawn Thornton led both teams with seven hits … in 10 minutes ToI.

Even the Boston PP looked great, as did the PK.

Can anyone remember a team winning the Cup while sucking this bad on the road in a final?

Canadiens, you may recall,  won twice in Boston in the first round and lost another two in OT.

I’m just sayin’ …

1. weiweiss says:

hello,welcome to http://www.proxy4biz. com,i hope everyone will more like them because of there have more nice top goods and cheaper price in there,thanks

2. abhot says:

.http://voguecatch。 com
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF,COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you

3. cvfvghghgf says:

Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF
    COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you
    ur friends’adress by EMS,DHL,UPs
    click my link under here!

• sally122 says:

The narrative that no one’s talking about is how the last three series have seen the goaltender opposing the Bruins completely implode.
      I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Andromeda2002 on–s’e’ek’c’ou’ga’r.c óm–.it is the first and best club for y’ounger women and old’er men, or older women and y’ounger men,to int’eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch’eck ‘it out or tell your friends!

4. RetroMikey says:

Latest poll by Bostons fans which Canadian team they hate.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

5. boing007 says:

Richard R
    There are 551 comments and so far I’ve read about 40. How do I get to page two? Am I missing an app or something?

6. shootdapuck says:

How is Murphy going to justify this one?

Late hit, player without the puck and a serious injury!

Sounds like a carbon copy of his justification for suspending Rome.

Logical but improbable in the Jacobs controlled NHL!

… the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that “the league” is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office.

Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

7. habsperspective says:

Wait could the parity defined NHL, having us accept mediocrity for two teams not worthy of a Stanley Cup title.

8 Goals, by Vancouver in 6 games, and 2 of them by Lapierre? Equaling the Sedins combined.

Only 1 MVP in this series however.

HAB fans put your egos aside, and recognize who clearly is the better of the two teams.

A win by Boston, only keeps the notion alive, that they did lose to the eventual champion, and only by virtue of 3 OT loses, the final one in Game 7. Also, they will still hold on to the dubious title of last Canadian team to win the Cup.

And honestly can you say youd rather have ex Habs Lapierre, Higgins, and Vigneault win the cup over Calder cup finalists Ryder, and Julien?

Montreal has owned Boston since the beggining of time when it comes to hockey, why hate on such a team. Tim Thomas is the epitome of a hockey player, and if he only deserves a Stanley Cup championship ring. Then im okay for that!

Heres to the Vancouver Canucks loosing in Game 7.

• Everlasting1 says:

Talk about ego. Or is that delusion?
      No one can truly state unequivocally, that any one team is the best in the league at any given time throughout the season, and every team has an aquilles’ heel and/or weakness. Oftentimes, the deciding factor in a game or series can be a fortunate (or unfortunate) bounce/rebound of the puck, and sometimes all the luck seems one-sided.
      As bleak as it seems for Vancouver taking this thing, I’ll offer one ray of hope. It’s one game, and anything can happen. And Vancouver has earned the home-ice advantage.

——————————————————————-
      ” There were giants on the earth in those days; and also after that (The Deluge), when the Sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” Genesis 6:4

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• pat s says:

habsperspective–what are you talking about–if boston wins so what, we lost to them and now lets hope our management does something about it to give the habs a chance to win the cup. And if they don’t, and lets say the bruins or flyers win next year stop this whining and crying and start criticizing the habs management for not giving us a team that can win

At one time being the GM of Montreal was a high risk job, you can be fired anytime, now I think its the safest job in the NHL b/c it seems hab fans always blame the other teams and never look at the mistakes the habs do on a continuous bases.

• RetroMikey says:

Got to agree, Boston has played the better of the 2 teams and I bow my head to them for giving an effort in this series to make it at least entertaining.
      Here’s to Boston to win in tonightt (my prediction 3-1) and the series and let the riots begin in Vancouver.
      So let’s all show some sportsmanship people on this site and not whine and complain about Boston all the time or keep repeating “what if….” if we won Game 7.
      Boston has the the goaltending of Thomas (unstoppable), size and skill that took them vary far in the playoffs while we lacked the size which would not make us go very far in the playoffs.
      Get the popcorn out, it’s going to be a great game.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

8. MathMan says:

Yes, Thomas has been great, and the Bruins have needed him to be in spite of putrid opposing goaltending, but how often does a team face three goaltending meltdowns in a row?

But the narrative is going to be about Thomas and how we’re expected to believe that the Bruins are great and big and tough and intimidating and elite. *sigh*

9. habsfan0 says:

If Luongo chokes in Game 7 and the Canucks lose, I have 2 questions: 1)Will Luongo be able to leave town without getting lynched? 2)How many people in Vancouver will commit hara kiri?

• Marc10 says:

I’m not too worried about Canuck fans. Most of the good folks in Van I know have, what is at best ‘a casual relationship’ with hockey. They might watch the odd playoff game or attend a regular season game if tickets are on offer, but they don’t leave and breathe the stuff like we do back East or out in Alberta.

They’ll happily go back to their snowboarding and hiking and muesli eating without missing a beat. :-)

“To be irreplaceable, you have to be different”.
      Andy Warhol

Go PK Go!

10. showey47 says:

Should the canucks be asking for a boychuk suspension? A player was seriously injured who was in a vulnerable position and was no where near the puck. That was the criteria of the rome suspension. I know nothing will happen but the canucks should be asking the league why their player was suspended due to an injury caused by an interference play and why the bruins player won’t be.

• Duracell3 says:

I think you’ll find the NHL keeps a rubber stamp that reads “hockey play” for related matters on their desk.

• Bad Digestion says:

NHL head office is a complete joke, they will never punish Boston. Refs are garbage , zero integrity , shame on all of them…
      They should have handed Boston the cup right away , instead of wasting peoples time with this BS…

• pat s says:

stop this whining about going to the principle office–this the way boston plays–if they didn’tplay this way they would 50 percent of their fan base–so what they play rough,maybe other teams should play the sameway –sure lets start playing the play nice billy european style—only in montreal people want this type of b/s hockey

• issie74 says:

Somebody should be sued for not stabilizing the player.His injury could be made worse by moving him.

NorthTOHab

11. _Habsoloutly_ says:

So how can you be a ref and cash your check in good conscience after watching the rookie douchebag Marchand punch Sedin in the face 4 times with not calling a penalty???? Just f*cking disgraceful!!

12. CHI-TOWNBRUSTER says:

Montreal / Chicago would have been s-o-o-o-o much better than this crap. Montreal is the class of the league, the essence of a hockey team….speed, talent and togetherness, never give up and play with heart….THESE ARE TRUE SC ATTRIBUTES. I don’t understand what the fans in these cities (Boston/ Vancouver) see in their teams. Neither deserves to win….The Beantown Rats have a pretty ignorant fan base…same with Philly. They seem to hate Canadians and especially French Canadians yet are ignorant to the fact that they have a pretty good nucleus of stars that are French. Boston is a team of cowards and cheap shot artists.
    I guess Vancouver will accept any team if they will win one for them.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Maybe it’s the alchohol talking, but I agree with your post.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

The latest Mtl-Chicago game was the best hockey game ive seen all year. And the score was 2-1.

Can’t but feel the NHL, like most western companies is run by incompetent management that only understand the “What” question, and never graps the “Why”…

• hdcase says:

Too bad Roman Hamlik decided to embellish the hit to the face he may have taken. Instead, Chris Kelly scores and the Bruins go on to play the seventh game of a Stanley Cup Finals.

hdcase

• B915 says:

CHI-TOWNBRUSTER….Montreal class of the league? Boston cowards and cheap shots? You freakin moron….you have no class

• issie74 says:

I agree,Montreal-Chicago was the best game I saw last year,two teams who could skate and play hockey,no craziness.

But the hot dog salesman needs money.

NorthTOHab

13. AK_PK_Usay says:

It was on this site, one of the writters said, and im not sure if exact quote…

“In 94, vancouver was facing a jam-packed NYR team, that was basically the edmonton oilers bought with hard cash…
    In 2011, Vancouver may be the favorite, but is facing a team that has a way with reffing… so don’t count out the bruins”

I dindt think bruins had any chance, boy was I off.
    A) Vancouver is overrated,
    B) Bruins should let the refs hold the cup if they win, cos thats better than having the crowd.
    C) Habs rock, a depleted habs team took the Goons to game 7 OT, goons needed 3 ot games…

I wish Vancouver good luck, but if they don’t grow balls or heart by wednesday…

14. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Damn, looks like I need to make a trip to the liquor store tomorrow. I’m gonna need all the booze I can take to cope with a game seven.

15. Marc10 says:

If you’re Boston and you lose the Cup, you can say you were beaten by a better team. If you’re Van, you can say you choked the choke of chokes.

D’ya think Loo will have pressure on in Game 7? What a finish… Come on Nucks.

“To be irreplaceable, you have to be different”.
    Andy Warhol

Go PK Go!

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Boston players or coaches making eloquent sentences and praising the opposing team?

Media: So coach Julien, do you feel you weren’t physical enough?
      Neanderthal leader: Well you know, we have a game plan, and as long as daddy “C” tells those refs to stop calling the game, we will follow our game plan.
      Media: Daddy who?
      Nean…:My daddy always said, you aint got much brains, but you can never go wrong with introducing talented players to the stanchion…

• Duracell3 says:

He was good enough in the Olympics, and has been at home thus far, it’ll be interesting for sure.

16. Caballero says:

If there is a team that can win on the road in this series it is Boston. We better get ready here. Tim Thomas and a bunch of neanderthals are about to win the cup.

• Steven says:

You just gotta believe until the bitter end, man.

Well, on the bright side, if they win, then we can say their only win in forever was mostly from the refs, and then we can assume they’ll be a much weaker team as the years go by = another 30 year drought

17. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I really wish I was in BC watching this. Maybe all that BC bud would help with the tension..?

18. D Mex says:

Mark Recchi, MD, interviewed post-game by Elliott Friedman on HNIC :

EF : So Mark, what IS the cure for the common cold ? …

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

19. _Habsoloutly_ says:

All I can say is guys like Marchand are lucky I’m not an NHL coach. Cuz their scumbag careers would be cut in half.

20. J Haul says:

Those refs had zero grounds to toss Max like that. He just scored and was sitting on the bench, minding his own business. That was ridiculous.

21. HabFanSince72 says:

We now know for a fact that we will have the worst Stanley Cup winner in modern history.

Worse than the 2009 Penguins.

Worse than the 2006 Canes.

Worse than those Leaf teams from the 60’s.

Two shit teams that embody the opposite of greatness.

22. ooder says:

empty net and wiffs on the puck and then misses the empty net..
    aaah vintage higgins

——————
    Gomez: 36 and counting!

23. VancouverHab says:

No way we want the Canucks to win. Hockey will become like soccer if that happens…mark my words. Diving is poison.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Are you f*cking blind?? why is it you can’t see the diving that the Bruins do???

• VancouverHab says:

Look, even the Canucks’ homer media are up-front with their revulsion at their team’s deliberate diving: in fact, the biggest sportstalk show has been commendably repudiating what is openly a team tactic (i.e. it is coached.)

Comparing the Bruins’ few embellishments to the Canucks’ serial trickery means that you are like some Vancouver fanboi…

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

You know why Sedin embelishs a cross-check from 6’8 Chara?????
          Because he is a first line player who shouldn’t have to put up with that $hit. Maybe if the refs called everything they should be calling against daddy Cambells Bruins, teams wouldn’t have to embelish as much. Ever think of that Einstein??

• VancouverHab says:

The Caucks have been diving ALL YEAR LONG — game in, game out. Any touch and it’s “head snap” time. This series is hopefully the time when the refs give payback for the unmanly ones playing them for patsies all year.

Defending the Canucks for cheating like soccer players is pathetic, and bad for the game. It’ll be a Pyhrric victory if they do (God forbid) win.

And like I said, even the homer Canucks media are honest about deploring this. Should make hockey fans sick.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Hate to break it to you dude. but EVERY player in the NHL who gets a high stick to the face does the head-snap. It’s nothing new, and it’s nothing you can limit to any certain team.

• Duracell3 says:

I know right, Raymond dove all the way to the hospital.

24. VancouverHab says:

Lappy gets tossed in Garbage Time? Sounds like an axiom to me….

Seidenberg is fully healthy, still knows how to crosscheck like a Bruin.

26. JohnBellyful says:

We need to prepare for the very real possibility that Bruins – “spit” – will win the Cup. I don’t know if HIO provides free counselling for its members but it should. I worry about my emotional state come Thursday morning. The will to live will have all but disappeared. I lived through the Dark Ages of the Big Bad Bruins – “spit” – and the Broad Street Bullies – “spit” – and in each case it was the Habs who restored integrity to the sport. I don’t see this version of the team performing that same heroic deed.
    This could turn out to be worse than climate change.

• Duracell3 says:

If it was just between Montreal and Boston….I don’t even consider 24-5 or 24-6 a rivalry. But I do understand your distaste for teams having the rulebook swept under the rug while they play, either way, it isn’t like this team will be good in future seasons, and as recently as this season crosschecks to the head after the play are still often penalties.

• JayBee says:

I’ve made peace with them winning. They deserve it. I just can’t root for the Canucks. They represent everything I hate in a hockey team. I won’t root for the Bruins either….I’ll just hope they lose.

27. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Schneider or the guy I paid for 11 more years?”
    bahahahahahahhahaha

28. Bill says:

I don’t know how you can go back to Luongo. I mean, if you’re the coach, I guess you can’t be blamed for going back to him. He’s the highest-paid player, the number-one guy … if you go to Schneider and lose, you look like an idiot, but if you go with Luongo and lose, you were just doing your job.

But if I were the coach and went back to Luongo I wouldn’t be feeling too confident about it!

Full Breezer 4 Life

29. Psycho29 says:

Is Mike Gillis usually that red? Looks like he’s about to blow a gasket…

30. habsperspective says:

Bah, I for one would rather see 73 with a cup then yapper!

31. CHsam says:

WOW. Wtf. Marchand just jabbing Sedin after the whistle. Ridiculous garbage.

32. punkster says:

here comes the “we-never-should-have-gotten-rid-of-Max” comments ;)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• LL says:

Even though he’s wearing a ‘nucks jersey, he still plays like a Hab. Don’t want him back, but glad he’s doing well.

It’s only making me miss the Habs even more. October P-ster. ;)

33. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I agree Boone. I’m not a huge fan of Cameron Diaz, but that flick looks funny. I’ll probably take the wifey to see it. We saw Super 8 last night.

Wow nice to see Vancouver take advantage of the early goal and keep momentum through the 3rd.

Can this team actually play a good home game again after full crapping of the bed in Boston again?

35. HabFanSince72 says:

Both teams suck.

Bruins are a bit more loathsome.

36. Bill says:

If the Bruins had more Krejcis and Bergerons and Thomases this would be a lot easier to take. You could be happy for those guys. It’s just so hard to like Lucik, Chara, Marchand, Recchi, Ference, Horton, Thornton, Boychuck, and especially Jabba the Claude. They really are a bunch of classless morons.

In fact, if they win the Cup – and I would say it is a virtual certainty at this point – they will become the most unlikable Champions in all sport since maybe the Yankees of the 70s or Leeds United of the late 60s. They might be even more unlikable than Mike Tyson.

Full Breezer 4 Life

37. punkster says:

This is disgusting hockey. Hacking, slashing, interference, cross checking all ignored on both sides by the worst officiating I can recall in a SCF in years. I don’t buy this crap. To me, neither team has the traditional hockey skills to be here. They depend on cheap shot artists and garbage players. Sure they both have some skilled players but without the goons being allowed carte blanche and the refs exhibiting utter incompetence these two teams would out in the early rounds. The modern NHL; a mix of WWF and UFC with utterly useless officiating.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

38. Kramby says:

Vancouver needs to piss off Thomas, when he is mad he plays like crap. Same as Chara, piss him off. Make them mad and they stop playing hockey.

So Gillis trades a 1st round pick, Michael Grabner, Steve Bernier for Ballard and Oreskevich. Yet they hardly play him down the stretch. I realize he didn’t look good last game, but you give away all that in the offseason and don’t use him?

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

40. Duracell3 says:

Anxiously awaiting more joke commentary on how great the officiating has been under the circumstances in the series.

• JohnBellyful says:

So much attention is paid to teams drafting future prospects but exactly what method does the league employ to ensure the cream of the crop among minor league officials make it to the NHL?
      Maybe it should try to generate the same sort of excitement for its next generation of referees and linesmen, and fans could anxiously project who will make the cut. “Skates fast, but dismal at breaking up fights.” “Nice baritone for announcing penalties, but arm action weak.” “Never gets in the way of the players.” “Best puck dropper for face-offs in 25 years.”

• Duracell3 says:

I’d just be happy if you had officials who call the ACTION, not the result. I can’t even blame the canucks anymore for embellishing at this point. The refs literally will not call anything when the game is close unless it’s so blatant that they’d get booed if they didn’t.

Then they have the nerve to complain about how players aren’t “playing their style”, this by former players who could barely skate, as if they’re supposed to do anything intricate with a guy molesting them or someone holding their stick, but these plays can be just disregarded in debate by saying it’s the playoffs. After whistles this includes anything where you don’t make the other person fall over or connect your stick to at least the front of their helmet.

If your game is all about cross checks and facewashes, then I guess it isn’t too bad to have the rule book thrown away.

41. JohnBellyful says:

Over/under 550 comments for a Bruins victory. A Bruins victory!

42. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Game seven? I’m a little bit perplexed. Do I root for the diving, embelishing Nucks? Or do I root for the scumbag, cheating Boston Bruins? Well…my wifey is from BC, so I guess I’m behind the Nuckter’s.

43. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Looks like Torres broke his stick on Kreci’s crotch. LOL

44. geo_habsgo says:

Watching this horrible cup final series is just making me love what we all have in the Canadiens. We have a hockey club that is filled with heart from head-to-toe who never quit even when the odds are stacked firmly against them. Watching Vancouver look like a completely destroyed and deflated team tonight makes you admire the tenacity of our Canadiens who fight tooth and nail to ensure and compete until the bitter end of a game.

While the Bruins are looked at as a tough rough and tumble team, they rely more on between the whistle hits and slashes than in-game truculence. Habs, for all of the knocks on their lack of size, never shy away from a physical game and find ways to win playing the body and by showcasing their abundant skill. With the acquisition of a few players with some size and grit this team can and will be over the top contenders. The time is fast approaching and I absolutely love being a Habs fan right now.

• Caballero says:

Your optimism is almost contagious!

But regarding this game tonight. This kind of reminds me of what happens when you rely on someone else to do your dirty work. Obviously we all (well many of us) want Vancouver to win, but ultimately we want Boston to lose more than anything, and I look forward to meeting Boston in the regular season and the playoffs next year. Also, I would hate to be in Lou’s skates right now.

45. punkster says:

Way to blow the mo, Nuks…Torres!

***Subbang Baby!!!***