It was not to be

Vintage Kovy, and a season low 23 SoG total for the Canadiens.

PP continues to sputter … unlike Ottawa’s, which got great point shots from Sergei Gonchar, Erik Karlsson.

Yannick Weber?

1. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I thought he’s play’d well, he just hasnt put up the points but he’s worked hard and been effective.  It’s easy for JM to bench a kid but you don’t see him benching Gomez for his horrendous offensive output so far this season.

2. Danno says:

Get well soon my friend. Have a shot or two of Jagermeister. It’s good for your throat.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

3. J.J. of Turku says:

Hi,

It’s 1:25 am…

My wife must be proud of me 🙂

4. C3P1 says:

wait serious question…when do they award the october molson cup?

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

5. Danno says:

What time is it there JJ?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. Hockey Socks says:

There are a lot more missed shots nowadays than there used to be. As teams and coaches have adjusted to the post-lockout NHL, defensive schemes have become a lot more intricate and technical. Sticks are always in the shooting and passing lanes since its nearly impossible to take the body without taking a penalty. Most of the shots guys take are deflected or blocked – rare for snipers like Cammy or Gionta to straight up miss the net on a clean shot.

7. win4ce says:

Im a big Boyd supporter; love the energy he brings especially with a physical presence, but Boyd over Eller is the wrong move imo.

8. Keith says:

So Gio’s with Plek and Cammy. How long will it last?

9. PeterD says:
    “New starters: Pleks, Cammalleri, Gionta; Markov and Gorges”
    Good…now let’s see if that line can get going and if Gio and Cammi can start scoring.
  10. chcscs says:

Glad there’s a delay tonight so I can see the end of Mac – Western.

11. Shiloh says:

Benny Pouliot has really turned it up a notch. I think the reason he’s getting more room is that he’s hitting and playing an edgy game. It might mean he’ll pick up a few penalties playing that way, but it’s a good trade. After awhile he’ll be given a little more space to operate.

This will be a tough one to win. Prediction: Gionta scores before the game is 5 minutes old.

12. J.J. of Turku says:

Propably just my flu speaking, but I’d like to see Pyatt with AK46 & Gomer. He could lift their spirit?

13. C3P1 says:

fix you…goosebump time

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

14. Hockey Socks says:

He’s a healthy scratch tonight.

15. Landof10000lakesHab says:

Wondering how many goals Cammi, Gionta, and Gomez could have if their shots would just hit the net.

Is it just me thinking this is an issue? Watched the game last night – hard to understand so many shots going wide.

Hopefully the coaching staff addressed this today.

16. topher5468 says:

I like watching RDS even though I dont understand French but I can’t stand looking at Mario Tremblay., Im glad I cant understand him.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

17. MathMan says:

Oh heck, did Martin break up Gomez and Gionta? >.<

18. J.J. of Turku says:

Come on drop the puck…

I’m tired and I have a helluva flu. Hard to stay awake…

19. since1988 says:

If Eller is a healthy scratch who is playing with Gomez and AK…also kudos to JM for finally breaking up G&G clearly the other winger on that line was not going to make a difference after all his experimenting

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

20. Hockey Socks says:

He was doing what he was doing long before Jaro rose to leaguewide stardom. Alan Walsh is a brilliant agent and a pioneer for the technology-wary NHL.

21. dhenry1234 says:

I really can’t stand the ACC announcer…

22. MathMan says:

Is it the C?

Brian Gionta’s shooting percentage is 2.0. He is 328th and dead last in the league.”

No, that’s just bad luck.

23. C3P1 says:

the bell centre dj is awesome…

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

24. JIMVINNY says:

Eller benched?

25. Exit716 says:

It was a brilliant strategy for Halak and his situation, but now it’s just laughable that he thinks his Tweets will elicit the same response for other clients.

26. C3P1 says:

touche, mr. boone.  touche.

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

27. topher5468 says:

Anyone have a RDS link, I cant seem to find my regular one

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

28. Mike Boone says:

Not fair. Walsh does what agents do. He’s just indiscreet about it … or maybe all the publicity is part of his strategy. It undoubtedly helped get Jaro out of Montreal.

29. Da Hema says:

I could have asked you first. Sorry.

Then we agree the post is crap!

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

30. Aybara says:

Yea, sarcasm doesn’t really translate well on forums

31. C3P1 says:

or, he was in the perfect situation to get a new contract with linemates like sharp and toews…

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

32. Big Ted says:

I can’t stand how CBC is allowed to change the start times. If the game’s going to start at 7:25, they should just print up the tickets that way instead of milking the one program they actually get viewers to watch for another 25 minutes of air time.

33. Exit716 says:

Face off pushed back to 725? Why’s that? Awesome. Is that because the senile old fart Cherry wouldn’t be able to do two Coaches Corner segments for his bloated salary?

34. light_n_tasty says:

If Havlat sucks and is getting paid 5 mil, then maybe Alan Walsh is actually a very good agent.

35. Da Hema says:

Can’t say I agree the poster’s claim that s/he “dressed up as a GM, since he never was, and never will be 1” is an example of “impeccable thought.” Such claims are better described as examples of “ad hominem argumentation.”

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

36. PrimeTime says:

it must suck to be you

37. C3P1 says:

he’s just a bad agent…like he was cmplaining earlier this season that Martin Havlat “wasnt being used correctly” by the wild, and his numbers were suffering.  Maybe marty havlat just sucks.  i dont think it’s a coincidence that his career year came alongside toews and sharp

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

38. NoTinFoilCups says:

Actually no he is not dead last. Give the guy a break. There are roughly 300 players who have not scored at all. Shooting % 0.

39. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Eller isn’t an NHL player, that’s evident.”

It’s only evident to you apparently.

40. Exit716 says:

Interesting sidebar to Alan Walsh’s Tweets. “No one f’n cares now that Jaro isn’t in Montreal.”

41. light_n_tasty says:

I don’t remember Gionta bailing on any breakaways.  Gomez, on the other hand…

42. punkster says:

Tony, Tony, Tony…

43. Jbird says:

Apron Basu tweets that he just saw Plek playing some soccer – “good Sign” he tweets.

44. Bryan says:

Shhhhhhh

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

45. Aybara says:

hehehe i love it.. well thought out post, impeccable.

46. Harani says:

Habs face-off will be pushed back to 7:25 because of HHOF ceremony in Toronto. Stubbs tweets that it was the NHL’s call.

“It must be love!”

47. habby state says:

only reason Eller is still on this team, is because of Gauthier’s ego.

he knows he made horrible trade(just like all his others), and trying to save face.

GAUTHIER: you have no face. we all know you got fleeced on every single 1 of your trades.

you’re not a competent GM.

so on Halloween I guess he dressed up as a GM, since he never was, and never will be 1.

man how he has killed this franchise, along with his side kick Gainey.

every GM in the league wants to traqde with him, so they can steal players and give nothing in return.

Eller isn’t an NHL player, that’s evident.  will never score, too thin, no talent, perfect for Hamilton.

actually looks worse than Sergei K.

would be nice if this team ever hires a REAL GM!

48. DearyLeary says:

It wasn’t more than a few days ago that I/O featured a great article about Gionta and Gomez’s numbers.  Gionta’s slump won’t continue.  His career has been close to a 10% shooter, everyone should just calm down a touch.

49. Jbird says:

If Gio had even a shooting percentage of 8.0 – which is still not that good – he’d have 4 goals and we would all be less freaked out by G&G.  Some would still be freaked out, but less so.  Folks like me would be content.

Its that letter getting in the way of his rocket shot! 😉

50. scrowe21 says:
    Is it the C?:

annnnd its all Gomez’s fault..right everyone? last in the league, wonderful..

51. sidhu says:

Great hit here on Datsyuk:

I agree with the suggestion below to split up G&G — might as well see what happens separating them since playing together hasn’t yielded many goals, points, or chances.

My lineup:

AK46-Pleks-Gionta
    Eller-Gomez-Cammy
    PhD
    Moen-Lappy-Weber (D on PP)

Gorges-Gill