It was not to be

Vintage Kovy, and a season low 23 SoG total for the Canadiens.

PP continues to sputter … unlike Ottawa’s, which got great point shots from Sergei Gonchar, Erik Karlsson.

Yannick Weber?

1. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I thought he’s play’d well, he just hasnt put up the points but he’s worked hard and been effective.  It’s easy for JM to bench a kid but you don’t see him benching Gomez for his horrendous offensive output so far this season.

2. Danno says:

Get well soon my friend. Have a shot or two of Jagermeister. It’s good for your throat.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

3. J.J. of Turku says:

Hi,

It’s 1:25 am…

My wife must be proud of me :)

4. C3P1 says:

wait serious question…when do they award the october molson cup?

5. Danno says:

What time is it there JJ?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. Hockey Socks says:

There are a lot more missed shots nowadays than there used to be. As teams and coaches have adjusted to the post-lockout NHL, defensive schemes have become a lot more intricate and technical. Sticks are always in the shooting and passing lanes since its nearly impossible to take the body without taking a penalty. Most of the shots guys take are deflected or blocked – rare for snipers like Cammy or Gionta to straight up miss the net on a clean shot.

7. win4ce says:

Im a big Boyd supporter; love the energy he brings especially with a physical presence, but Boyd over Eller is the wrong move imo.

8. Keith says:

So Gio’s with Plek and Cammy. How long will it last?

9. PeterD says:
    “New starters: Pleks, Cammalleri, Gionta; Markov and Gorges”
    Good…now let’s see if that line can get going and if Gio and Cammi can start scoring.
  10. chcscs says:

Glad there’s a delay tonight so I can see the end of Mac – Western.

11. Shiloh says:

Benny Pouliot has really turned it up a notch. I think the reason he’s getting more room is that he’s hitting and playing an edgy game. It might mean he’ll pick up a few penalties playing that way, but it’s a good trade. After awhile he’ll be given a little more space to operate.

This will be a tough one to win. Prediction: Gionta scores before the game is 5 minutes old.

12. J.J. of Turku says:

Propably just my flu speaking, but I’d like to see Pyatt with AK46 & Gomer. He could lift their spirit?

13. C3P1 says:

fix you…goosebump time

14. Hockey Socks says:

He’s a healthy scratch tonight.

15. Landof10000lakesHab says:

Wondering how many goals Cammi, Gionta, and Gomez could have if their shots would just hit the net.

Is it just me thinking this is an issue? Watched the game last night – hard to understand so many shots going wide.

Hopefully the coaching staff addressed this today.

16. topher5468 says:

I like watching RDS even though I dont understand French but I can’t stand looking at Mario Tremblay., Im glad I cant understand him.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

17. MathMan says:

Oh heck, did Martin break up Gomez and Gionta? >.<

18. J.J. of Turku says:

Come on drop the puck…

I’m tired and I have a helluva flu. Hard to stay awake…

19. since1988 says:

If Eller is a healthy scratch who is playing with Gomez and AK…also kudos to JM for finally breaking up G&G clearly the other winger on that line was not going to make a difference after all his experimenting

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

20. Hockey Socks says:

He was doing what he was doing long before Jaro rose to leaguewide stardom. Alan Walsh is a brilliant agent and a pioneer for the technology-wary NHL.

21. dhenry1234 says:

I really can’t stand the ACC announcer…

22. MathMan says:

Is it the C?

Brian Gionta’s shooting percentage is 2.0. He is 328th and dead last in the league.”

No, that’s just bad luck.

23. C3P1 says:

the bell centre dj is awesome…

24. JIMVINNY says:

Eller benched?

25. Exit716 says:

It was a brilliant strategy for Halak and his situation, but now it’s just laughable that he thinks his Tweets will elicit the same response for other clients.

26. C3P1 says:

touche, mr. boone.  touche.

27. topher5468 says:

Anyone have a RDS link, I cant seem to find my regular one

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

28. Mike Boone says:

Not fair. Walsh does what agents do. He’s just indiscreet about it … or maybe all the publicity is part of his strategy. It undoubtedly helped get Jaro out of Montreal.

29. Da Hema says:

I could have asked you first. Sorry.

Then we agree the post is crap!

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

30. Aybara says:

Yea, sarcasm doesn’t really translate well on forums

31. C3P1 says:

or, he was in the perfect situation to get a new contract with linemates like sharp and toews…

32. Big Ted says:

I can’t stand how CBC is allowed to change the start times. If the game’s going to start at 7:25, they should just print up the tickets that way instead of milking the one program they actually get viewers to watch for another 25 minutes of air time.

33. Exit716 says:

Face off pushed back to 725? Why’s that? Awesome. Is that because the senile old fart Cherry wouldn’t be able to do two Coaches Corner segments for his bloated salary?

34. light_n_tasty says:

If Havlat sucks and is getting paid 5 mil, then maybe Alan Walsh is actually a very good agent.

35. Da Hema says:

Can’t say I agree the poster’s claim that s/he “dressed up as a GM, since he never was, and never will be 1″ is an example of “impeccable thought.” Such claims are better described as examples of “ad hominem argumentation.”

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

36. PrimeTime says:

it must suck to be you

37. C3P1 says:

he’s just a bad agent…like he was cmplaining earlier this season that Martin Havlat “wasnt being used correctly” by the wild, and his numbers were suffering.  Maybe marty havlat just sucks.  i dont think it’s a coincidence that his career year came alongside toews and sharp

38. NoTinFoilCups says:

Actually no he is not dead last. Give the guy a break. There are roughly 300 players who have not scored at all. Shooting % 0.

39. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Eller isn’t an NHL player, that’s evident.”

It’s only evident to you apparently.

40. Exit716 says:

Interesting sidebar to Alan Walsh’s Tweets. “No one f’n cares now that Jaro isn’t in Montreal.”

41. light_n_tasty says:

I don’t remember Gionta bailing on any breakaways.  Gomez, on the other hand…

42. punkster says:

Tony, Tony, Tony…

43. Jbird says:

Apron Basu tweets that he just saw Plek playing some soccer – “good Sign” he tweets.

44. Bryan says:

Shhhhhhh

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

45. Aybara says:

hehehe i love it.. well thought out post, impeccable.

46. Harani says:

Habs face-off will be pushed back to 7:25 because of HHOF ceremony in Toronto. Stubbs tweets that it was the NHL’s call.

“It must be love!”

47. habby state says:

only reason Eller is still on this team, is because of Gauthier’s ego.

he knows he made horrible trade(just like all his others), and trying to save face.

GAUTHIER: you have no face. we all know you got fleeced on every single 1 of your trades.

you’re not a competent GM.

so on Halloween I guess he dressed up as a GM, since he never was, and never will be 1.

man how he has killed this franchise, along with his side kick Gainey.

every GM in the league wants to traqde with him, so they can steal players and give nothing in return.

Eller isn’t an NHL player, that’s evident.  will never score, too thin, no talent, perfect for Hamilton.

actually looks worse than Sergei K.

would be nice if this team ever hires a REAL GM!

48. DearyLeary says:

It wasn’t more than a few days ago that I/O featured a great article about Gionta and Gomez’s numbers.  Gionta’s slump won’t continue.  His career has been close to a 10% shooter, everyone should just calm down a touch.

49. Jbird says:

If Gio had even a shooting percentage of 8.0 – which is still not that good – he’d have 4 goals and we would all be less freaked out by G&G.  Some would still be freaked out, but less so.  Folks like me would be content.

Its that letter getting in the way of his rocket shot! ;-)

50. scrowe21 says:
    Is it the C?:

annnnd its all Gomez’s fault..right everyone? last in the league, wonderful..

51. sidhu says:

Great hit here on Datsyuk:

I agree with the suggestion below to split up G&G — might as well see what happens separating them since playing together hasn’t yielded many goals, points, or chances.

My lineup:

AK46-Pleks-Gionta
    Eller-Gomez-Cammy
    PhD
    Moen-Lappy-Weber (D on PP)

Gorges-Gill
    Marky-Spaceman
    Hammer-Subbie Doo

52. punkster says:

We take the Ws wherever and whenever against whoever we can.

Not putting you down because the facts are clear in your chart but when I see the words panic and realistic in the same sentence I get all icky. I’ll just counter by saying realism is for analysts and panic for lemmings. We’re fans and hope springs eternal.

53. Castor says:

Yeah I think you’re saying what all of us are thinking. That’s what is so worrisome about the big four not scoring… but maybe they’ll get it going at just the right time…. Jeff Halpern can’t do everything.

54. Da Hema says:

You have drawn attention to some issues of concern. However, how often over the years have posters complained–with good reason–that the Habs abandoned points by playing poorly against teams they should beat? The mantra has been the Habs have played to the level of their opposition.

In this light, what you are merely saying is the bulk of games played by the Habs have have been against sub-.500 teams. Perhaps those teams are sub-.500 because they played (and lost to) the Habs. There is no reason to be concerned yet. As fans we should welcome the Habs playing the top teams.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

55. Hockey Socks says:

We definitely need to temper our expectations and stay grounded, but I could turn your argument around say that the Habs are proving to be a playoff team because of the fact that they’re winning the games that they should be winning.

56. Thrillhouse says:

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade, and I really like the way the Habs are playing this year, but we need to be honest — the quality of our opposition hasn’t been very significant so far this season. Points now are just as good as points in April, and we’re taking the ones we need, but things have been very easy so far.

Out of 13 games played:
     - Only a single game has been against a team with a record above .500 (Tampa)
     - Collectively, all of the team’s we’ve played against have a win record of .379

This doesn’t mean we need to panic — but we do need to be realistic about things. While our PP firing at 5% doesn’t really matter against the weak opponents we’ve faced so far, it WILL matter against better ones.

No good way to put a table on this site, so hopefully the following looks a bit clear.

Team            GP      Record    Wins    Losses    Win Pct
    ————— ——- ———   —–    ——-     ——-
    Senators         3        6-6-1      6        7            0.462
    Penguins        1        6-7-1      6        8             0.429
    Devils            1         4-10-1    4        11           0.267
    Lightning*      1         7-3-2      7        5            0.583
    Islanders       2         4-7-2      4        9            0.308
    Buffalo           2        3-9-2      3        11           0.214
    Leafs             1         5-5-2      5        7            0.417
    Panthers        1         5-6-0      5        6            0.455
    Coyotes         1         4-5-3      4        8            0.333
    ————— ——- ———  —–    ——-      ——-
    TOTAL           13     44-58-14  44       72           0.379

57. NightRyder says:

Gather in those cheap points while you can.

58. zozotheclown says:

Nicely done, its nice to see a nice table of what I’ve been thinking, that we really have had it a bit easy. The next 2 weeks should be more telling with Van/Bos/Phi/Nsh coming up. If G&G can get their act together though, I see no reason why we can’t go at least .500 in those games plaus win the other 2, making us 4-2 in the next 2 weeks… wishful thinking maybe. I do beleive though that our continued success really depends on those 2 getting into gear.

59. darcy1 says:

were we playing bad teams or just teams at the right time?  Pit, NJ, TB, PHX & BUF were all favs to made the playoffs this year, with 4 of 5 teams (Pit, NJ, PHX & BUF) placing in the top 4 of their conferences last year (& Ottawa was #5 in the East last year).

Not only that, but you have to figure Pittsburgh & Ottawa will pick it up and make the playoffs.. Buffalo & NJ may have dug themselves too deep a hole, but if Miller & Brodeur light it up in the next 6 months – even in front of mediocre teams – you can’t count them out.

I know that’s not saying much about the other 4 teams, but you have to win the games against teams that are inferior to yours.. which we haven’t always done in the past.

FYI – I’m not disagreeing with you, just playing devil’s advocate! :)

60. Hockey Socks says:

I feel the same way but I’ll refrain from commenting about it because he hasn’t played hockey since May.

61. Harani says:

Markov was brutal in that minute or so when Price was out. I know it’s going to take him a while before he vecome THE Markov but it was just bad to watch. Just bad! I have a feeling Vancouver is going to kill us on Tuesday…better not be the case.

“It must be love!”

62. TripleX says:

This team shows glimpses of it’s true potential but with JM at the helm?  What a miserable excuse for a coach and I don’t care how long he has coached or how many games he has won.  He is brutal.

63. howtathor says:

Gee, it only took 14 games for JM to ruin Subban. No Subbi-doos, no end-to-end rushes. He’s turned PK into Hal Gill!

64. coachdoug says:

Kovalev ruins the summit game!…Who invited him anyway?

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

65. gumper says:

Amen, brother. Been sayin’ this for a few games now while the rest of the attack dogs have been howlin’ after Gomer. I know Gomer ain’t playin’ up to snuff, but, in the past three or four games, I don’t think anybody in the top 6 has been playing as bad as Cammi.

66. habsfanmandy says:

Yes, Markov has come back from injury etc etc but he looked absolutely terrible tonight, losing every battle, avoiding contact, making bad decisions and should not have not been out there in the last minute and a half. What was Martin thinking?? Why is it so easy for him to bench Pouliot or Eller etc and not Markov??

The Habs looked dead tonight, confused, making bad decisions.

Gomez did seem livelier, as did Gionta, separately of course.

67. TripleX says:

Gill is now a -6 I think.  Picard?  A +7 and JM has him in the pressbox.  Brilliant!

68. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I think it was a conspiracy between Kovalev and the ref’s to ruin the summit game.

69. howtathor says:

In the last minute with the goalie out and your trying to hold the zone I don’t think Cammy is the man to have on defense  because he abandons the point.

70. TripleX says:

Besides Carey obviously, the best Montreal player on the ice was Gomez.

71. Harani says:

And Boone’s favorite stat stays alive thanks to Price. Habs the only team to not have given up more than 3 goals in regular time so far this season.

“It must be love!”

72. Lafrich says:

Spacek: HORRIBLE

73. BrianSkrudland says:

I agree that Markov was atrocious. Markov certainly struggled. Spacek made some mistakes, yes, but certainly made some big stops to help the team tonight. Thought he was good last night too.

74. light_n_tasty says:

Didn’t Spacek score?

75. Harani says:

If you just think Martin should have benched Markov, please go get your head checked. I’m serious, there might be a major problem with the way your brain functions.

“It must be love!”

76. coachdoug says:

Markov is brutal right now…but they have to let him play games to get in game shape…gonna be ugly for a while but he will regain his form and confidence…give it some time…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

77. BrianSkrudland says:

Agree. Agree. Agree.

78. light_n_tasty says:

No wonder we lost…

79. TripleX says:

Halak gets the win in a SO with 33 saves and 2-1 win.

80. Xtrahabsfan says:

Hey  I f you so called fans want to slam the Habs players then WHY DON’T YOU GO ROOT FOR ANOTHER TEAM;) Look-it,I think when you go and juggle line-ups like Martin did tonight it really throws the players off…STUPID MOVE ! lOST TO ANOTHER CRAP TEAM LEAD BY AN AGING FORMER  HAB,nice….

81. TripleX says:

LOL

82. Rainrocket16 says:

We really sucked the majority of that game..Carey was amazing! Defense is horrible as almost always. Damn Ottawa, I really hate Spezza, he dove on that penalty that made it 3-1. Darche made him pay later though in probably the biggest hit I have seen in a while!

Improve boys! Still doing good!

83. TripleX says:

LOL

84. habstrinifan says:

Totally agree but someone here called JM ‘one of the best coaches’ in the league. Guess one of the best coaches in the league cant improve a power play which is horrible, spent the pre-season preparing what?… all the players he worked in training camp are now in AHL, sees himself and Hal Gill as the reason they got to the semi-finals… what the heck i need another beer. This season is beginiing to take shape as it only can under JM… piddling mediocrity and impoverished offence… and overly rely on goaltender.

85. Xtrahabsfan says:

Ah, he beat the Bruins to boot who have been Hot! Halak is the best GoalTender IN THE WORLD… good thing we got a bag of pucks for him,eh!

86. habstrinifan says:

What? Markove didnt solve our power play? Geez I thought JM himself said when Markov returns it would be solved. And habs fans and analysts parroted the same… including so called ‘experts’. The geniuses (Perry Pearn) behind the power play are blameless.

87. Jbird says:

Goal and an assist +2 rating.

88. habsfanmandy says:

I don’t know what game you were watching but my head works perfectly fine thanks and how did you not notice Markov giving the puck away twice in the last minute when they had a chance to tie it?? He had a dreadful game. I love Markov, but he is just not playing well.

89. habstrinifan says:

The early season sheen has worn off Cammy and AK and Pleks. JM has them playing as confused as he coaches.

I mean when the day before a game you have Picard (plus player) practising ans Spacek( horrible) as spare and then put Picard upstairs and play Spacek.

I would be worried but someone said JM is one of the best coaches in the league so I am just gonna sit back and wait for his outstanding work to produce results.. NOT!

90. Harani says:

I just said that myself below (that Markov was brutal today). But no matter how bad he’s playing now, he is our all-star. Hasn’t played in a game since April 30. And he hasn’t been back for long. It takes a while to get back into game form, play with contact and adjust to the speed of the game. It’s andrei Markov we’re talking about not Dustin Boyd. Suggesting benching Markov is just absurd.

“It must be love!”

91. kempie says:

You are such a d1ck.

92. habstrinifan says:

Only smart thing you said was JM stooopid juggling. But rest of post is off base.

93. habstrinifan says:

Are you questioning JM, ‘one of the best coaches’ in the league.

94. king ddd says:

i dont f’in get it. if you pp cant score a goal with an extra man, what makes you think  you are gonna score a goal with a goalie out

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

95. Hockey Socks says:

Always too fancy. That’s the problem with this team. Simple hockey gets your offense going when its not working.

96. sidhu says:

Too little, too late

97. JIMVINNY says:

That wa a bad time to take the timeout.  He should have saved it.

98. Propwash says:

*sigh* Pi$$ed this game away.

99. ooder says:

cammalleri really really needs to wake up.

he can’t accept a pass.. bobbles the puck like crazy

can’t get a shot on net or though.. common he’s better then that

——————

88 is the new 23

100. twilighthours says:

I know he’s recoverimg, but Markov is horrendous

101. gK_HabsFan says:

CAMMY has been HORRIBLE!! !!

-GK-

102. Thrillhouse says:

agreed… in other years, we’ve tended to play down to our opponent’s level, and I don’t think that’s the case here, which is a refreshing change.

103. sidhu says:

There’s vintage Marky

104. Hockey Socks says:

Is Bieksa still on the block?

105. JIMVINNY says:

Holy terrible zone clearances, batman.

106. Propwash says:

Carey! Carey! Carey!

107. C3P1 says:

carey! wow!

108. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Price’s blood must be boiling right about now…..zero support

109. Keith says:

Pricey is doing ALL he can to keep us in this game and the rest of the guys are going through the motions.

WAKE THE F**K UP HABS!!!

110. king ddd says:

whats withte bieksa talks. imo hes an overrated defenceman. besides who do we have to trade

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

111. TripleX says:

Game over without Carey. Team looks confused wish we had a coach.

How long does JM justify this lineup especially Spacek what a stubborn doofus.

112. twilighthours says:

I’ll give that one some thought… but a trade I’d do in a heartbeat: Tony for a bag of pucks.

113. Norm0770 says:

Most of the players for the Habs just standing around admiring Price’s work.

114. sidhu says:

Boyd outmuscled for the draw, then loses his check, creating a 2-1 downlow.

Boyd on waivers please, White up from Hamilton

115. Propwash says:

Guuh

116. Shiloh says:

It’s horrible to watch – we don’t even get chances.

117. Keith says:

They are still in Buffalo.

118. Clay4bc says:

Man, this team looks awful. Good thing Price doesn’t.

__________________________

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.

– Bertrand Russell

119. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Why? Thats something a child would do.

120. ooder says:

that’s not true.. elliot’s senator’s chest crest probably has a few skid marks on it

——————

88 is the new 23

121. Exit716 says:

Christ Mark Lee is worse than Bob Cole.

122. RGM says:

I don’t know but have we scored on any of them since his return? One, right?

123. Keith says:

Where’s the call?? WTF?

124. duffy says:

Why in hell cant the 17 million dollar trio score a goal.”

125. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

PP?

126. sidhu says:

Darn – puck probably got caught up in all of the snow around the bench.

PhD line (as much as that moniker is getting overused) does look like our best again tonight.

127. forumghost says:

Thanks guys, but as stated JustinTV won’t work for me…guess it’s because I’m outside the country…it tells me I have to pay.

Thanks though

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

128. Propwash says:

Exactly, take whatever points we can, and run.

129. JF says:

Try firstrow or channelsurfing

130. forumghost says:

Please help, I’ve been reduced to watching the Leafs v. Sabers games.

Anybody, have an online link to them game…other than atdhe.net which only has a “Justintv” feed that let’s me watch for 10 secsonds before telling me I need to subscribe.  CBC streaming won’t work for me either as I am outside Canada.

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

131. Propwash says:

132. MikeMcLaren says:

HA!  Nope,  Here for the Summit!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

133. sag says:

Thanks a million.  Ive been to a few. We are always there for warm-up but have never gone to the morning skate. Thanks for the advice.  Knowing the city of Montreal, did you go to the MS on your way home to bed?

134. jbroderi says:

We are lucky to be where we are in the standings, for sure.  But we have to keep in mind that Gomez and Gionta will pick it up eventually and the power play will pick it up eventually.  With that, I think we can still stay in the top 6 teams in the East.  We won’t be number 1, but since when has that worked in the East??  :)

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

135. PeterD says:

Time to break up the Gionta Gomex pairing…

I would like to see Gomez with Cammi and AK46 for a few games…still skaking, passing, and defensively responsible (usually).

Move Pleks up to skate with Gionta and MaxLap…It is imperative for the team that Gionta gets going with some scoring and Pleks will do that…he just makes everyone around him better and more effective. MaxLaps is not shy to go to the front of thenet and get greasy inthere for the kind of goals we need to start scoring.

136. linp says:

Did you see Lapierre’s play the last few games? He is like chicken without a head, totally ineffective both offensively and defensively, can’t pass and can’t check. I would agree if it was the Lapierre during last year’s playoff.

137. JIMVINNY says:

Fuck these guys are useless in their own zone.  FFS, help your goaltender a little bit.

138. hablifting says:

lol, always the same line to your comments.  Price wasn’t at fault on either of those goals, thats very obvious.  No need to needlessly cheerlead.

139. pmaraw says:

agreed, i didnt see the 1st goal, but theres no way that one was on price.  the saves hes making are outstanding, he’s keeping them in this, but it doesnt look like the team effort is there tonight.

140. sidhu says:

Obvious penalty, anyone could have called that one

141. yathehabsrule says:

Six HIO summiteers at the pre game raffle,including a six-month old, all claiming to be Timo. It’s like the scene from Spartucus.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

142. Danno says:

That can’t be. I am Timo.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

143. Keith says:

No, I am Timo.

144. ShangaDoo says:

Timo is an urban legend. No one really knows Timo except Timo.

145. notbigbird says:

How could anyone Omit Timo?

146. linp says:

Get rid of Boyd. He is too weak as a center.

147. J.J. of Turku says:

Gill shouldn’t be paired with Pernie. Worked better with Gorges

148. Propwash says:

Cmon guys, pull your head outta your arses.

149. Hagar says:

$20 of my own money to the top 6 forward that scores a goal.

150. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’ll give Gomez an extra $150 if he scores a hat trick.

151. Clay4bc says:

If that’s what it takes, I’ll throw in 200 RMB myself…

But somehow I think they are not motivated by money – how much do they make combined?

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

152. sidhu says:

Hopefully the Summit folks are at least having a lot of hot dogs

153. Keith says:

NEED lots of BEER to watch this Sh*t show.

154. JIMVINNY says:

Don’t talk to me.

155. hablifting says:

Don’t cry.  Wuss.

156. Shiloh says:

Kovalev – controlling the action. At least half a dozen great plays that shift. He’s the best player out there tonight for the Sens.

157. Norm0770 says:

Habs have looked progressively worse over the last 2 weeks.

158. hablifting says:

Montreal scoring forwards are too small/soft, defence is too soft.  Not the fault of the guys on the ice, they are who they are.  I can’t fault any of them, my annoyance lies with the management team as it has for seemingly ever.

159. duffy says:

We need Brian Murray to tell Gautier to threaten these guys with major moves unless they start scoring .It seems to have worked for them.

160. Keith says:

The Senaturds are so much sharper than the Habs right now it isn’t even funny.

161. TripleX says:

OMG reunite Pleks and AK and have ONE line JM you idiot.

162. Hockey Socks says:

The Senators aren’t even playing that well. The Habs are just sucking hard.

163. Hockey Socks says:

PhD line is the only one playing decent.

164. C3P1 says:

yikes carey! try not to blow the goodwill that quickly

165. twilighthours says:

Habs look peewee B-slow tonight

166. Shiloh says:

I think the Bulldogs could do better.

167. Mr.Hazard says:

And to think Boone used to tout Price’s stickhandling skills! It’s a real shame, it was one thing he used to do better than Halak!

168. sidhu says:

Maybe we should start a fight to change the momentum — oh wait, we don’t have anyone who can really do that.

169. PureGuava says:

…Well at least we’ve been treated to some Kovalev tonight. Maybe we should give him Gomer’s jersey for the 3rd.

170. AH says:

What the frickin hell is going on???Our so called “top 6″ better wake up dam fast!! Ottawa’s a 500 team, wait until the big boys roll in…it’ll be ugly. And please don’t give me this “it’s a second game of a back to back BS!

Jm needs to bag skate the top 6!

171. Keith says:

Somebody please paste that Spazboy into the glass!

172. pmaraw says:

ya it sucks being 1st in the division.  it sucks losing the 2nd game of back to back when the 2nd one is an ambush game.  it sucks that kovalev looks so good playing against a tired montreal team.  but what really annoys me are…  sorry did you want some cheese also?

173. RGM says:

This is worse than the Columbus game.

174. Propwash says:

HAAAAAAAAAAA! Reverse jinx in action!

175. PureGuava says:

A pulse!

176. RGM says:

Signs of Life!

177. pmaraw says:

you were saying?

178. king ddd says:

haha! STF UP elliot thats a goal!

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

179. C3P1 says:

OLE!

180. Danno says:

Spatch!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

181. sidhu says:

Upside: it’s only 2-1

Downside: the score will give JM and others the impression we’ve actually been competitive

182. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Thank GOD!

183. Matt_in_TO says:

i’m thinking that hit Gonchar’s stick

- In Price We Trust

184. Hockey Socks says:

I recommend these PP units. The key is on the blueline – you need one creative QB and a shooter.

PP1

AK46 – Plekanec – Gionta

Markov – Cammy

PP2

Pouliot – Gomez – Halpern

Subban – Spacek

185. RGM says:

Maybe I should say such things more often. Hmmmm….. LOL

186. The_Salted_One says:

yup  Gonchar’s stick for sure

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

187. hablifting says:

Wait.  So you honeslty think this team can win the Cup?  The core of Cami, Gio, Pleks, Gomez, Markov and Subban is rugged enough to last 4 series?

Goaltending is not our issue.

The management (imo) needs to concentrate on improving the grit and size of our scoring players.  Without that I don’t believe we still have the ultimate success.  From what I’ve seen thats not a direction they seem interested in.

188. TripleX says:

So true.  This team has looked like crap for two weeks but JM is either too stubborn or dumb to see it.

189. pmaraw says:

that grit and size sure is helping san jose out eh? speed kills.

190. hablifting says:

How did that work against a big team that plays big like Philly the last few times?  Oh yeah, we were crushed.

191. BrianSkrudland says:

Sweet Jesus, people. It’s one game. It was exciting. Fast pace. Turnovers on both ends.

Carey was solid, again. God love Darche. Pleks is a force. Gomez showed some signs of life!

The Habs won’t win every game. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Have fun and don’t let this game ruin your night, for crying out loud.

192. coachdoug says:

You must be new around here…Some of these guys Ritalin prescriptions didn’t get filled…happens often…pretty much every loss…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

193. OneTimer says:

IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! TRADE MARKOV, TRADE PLEKS AND TRADE PRICE FOR HALAK BLOW IT UP!!

194. habstrinifan says:

If you havent seen a trend of mediocrity setting in you HAVE not been watching last 4 game sor so.

195. MikeMcLaren says:

No. *I* am Timo.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

196. Rugger says:

I knew Timo sir, and you are no Timo!

197. punkster says:

Timo lives!

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

198. Rugger says:

Here’s another clue for you all, the Timo was Paul

199. Da Hema says:

Timo is as Timo does.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

200. Shiloh says:

Or at least like Halak.

201. sidhu says:

Sit: Hammer, Spacek, Pyatt, Boyd (waive)

Play: Picard, OB, Eller, White

Eller-Pleks-AK46
    Cammy-Gomez-Gio
    Benny-Halpern-Darche
    Moen-Lapierre-White

Marky-OB
    Gorges-Gill
    Picard-Subban

202. Bob_Sacamano says:

Switch Cammy and Eller and I like it a lot.

203. Jbird says:

Not so sure about OB – but it would be sweet if those lines would work.

204. habstrinifan says:

like your d-combinations… why the hell did jm break up picard-subban.
    Really what coach, stands up and praises a player for having ‘earned’ a spot on the team through good work and then SITS him out next two games. Oh yes JM, ‘one of the best coaches in the league’ according to some poster here.

205. Keith says:

Ha, ha that was worth seeing the look of disgust on Big-Mouth Burke’s face lol!

206. Jbird says:

The goalies first ever win. We will always have the maple leafs to cheer us up.

207. Exit716 says:

Nothing is better after a Habs loss than seeing the Leafs Night In Toronto Burke Cam show the blow hard storm out of the GM’s bunker after another loss.

208. Keith says:

Better after a Habs win though. Especially against those same laffs.

209. Clay4bc says:

LOL

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

210. jew4jah says:

does the CBC make up their own 3 stars?

what they just showed was not the same as what RDS & yahoo posted.

211. duffy says:

Leafs lose ,another loser point for a loser team .

212. Jbird says:

At home, against the worst team in the league who had their third stringer, who got his first ever win,in nets and were playing their 2 time in 24 hours. The Leafs were made for nights like tonight!

213. Shiloh says:

Markov’s been out almost a year – it’ll take him a few more weeks to get his game where it needs to be. I’m more concerned about PK – he’s playing scared – getting nothing accomplished. Maybe he needs to sit a game out and let Picard have a go. Maybe sit out a couple of them and let O’Byrne have a skate as well.

214. PureGuava says:

Ya – I agree. I’d like to see Weber up for a couple too.

215. habstrinifan says:

Do you see a pattern here? We bring up a player. He plays a month or so for JM and lo and behold he loses all his ‘naturalness’ and becomes scared and another of JM’s handiwork. Now you want to assist JM in completely destroying another young player by benching him. Picard should have been playing .. he deserved to. There are other d-men who should have been ‘rested’. When oh when will we let our young players shine.. and err as they do develop.

216. TripleX says:

The Leafs got a point tonight.  The Habs?

After 13 games the Leafs have 5 losses and 13 pts.

After 14 games the Habs have 5 losses and 17 pts.

Woohoo what a joke the Leafs are eh?

217. hablifting says:

The koolaid is strong with some Habs fans ;)  Leafs will probably be close to us when it’s all said and done.  If we play them they way we did last time the rest of the way, they may even finish ahead.

Best not to point and laugh, we have our own problems.

218. habstrinifan says:

You are a sane voice tonight. I hate the Leafs but I also hate habs’ fans putting on their rose coloured glasses and ignoring the signs that our season play is looking uncomfortable like last year. Fix our house before we laugh at others.

219. topher5468 says:

Spatcho’s goal

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

220. Keith says:

Gio in the slot! Good goal imo!

221. Propwash says:

Jeeeezus, theyre reviewing it…

Nice reverse jinx NewfieDog! It’s GOOD!

222. Clay4bc says:

FORUMGHOST -LINK HERE

There are 3 links for the Habs game. Click the first one. It takes 15 seconds or so to buffer, and the page may say navigation cancelled while loading, so be patient.

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

223. sidhu says:

Summiteers — don’t go to Super Sexe just yet!

224. C3P1 says:

le but marque….MICHAEEELLLLLLLL CAMMMMMMAAAAALLLLERRRRIIIIIIIIII

225. pmaraw says:

pretty sure it was gio

226. pmaraw says:

if you look really closely at the replay, you’ll notice that gionta is doing the captain morgan pose when he tips the puck.

227. RGM says:

Oh for crap sakes.

*edit* The comment applied at first to the penalty call but equally to that botched opportunity.

228. Thomas says:

What the heck is up with Martin…scratching Eller, an mixing up the lines so much.  Of course nobody is gonna gel when they have different teammates every night…I know eller hasn’t done much, but c’mon, give the kid some ice time, see how it goes

229. Keith says:

What a joke call!

230. Exit716 says:

Nice call by Leggo on the trip. Idiot. Go screw yourself.

231. Hockey Socks says:

I can see how that was a penalty, but its weak. He nudged him.

232. Johnny_D says:

what a BS call to kill momentum

233. Mr.Hazard says:

DONT PASS IT TO HIM!!! NOT GIO!!!

234. The_Salted_One says:

and he MISSES THE NET!!!!    this is frustrating to watch…

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

235. Keith says:

Well at least we’re back in it. all may not be lost for the Summiteers, and us ;-)

236. Propwash says:

Cammi loves Italy.

237. Exit716 says:

Habs score four this period and win going away.

238. Clay4bc says:

FORUMGHOST -LINK HERE (In case you missed it)

There
    are 3 links for the Habs game. Click the first one. It takes 15 seconds
    or so to buffer, and the page may say navigation cancelled while
    loading, so be patient.

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

239. Hockey Socks says:

There’s a lot of hullabaloo about Halak’s success, but at this point I’m happy with the play of Price.

The thing that’s bothering me now is letting Boucher go. I was a JM booster in the summer, but its starting to seem like he’s hitting the panic button. I only hope that Kirk Muller doesn’t leave. Hopefully he takes over behind the bench sooner rather than later.

240. Vid says:

Spacek is getting shots on net finally.  Gorges is still missing the net like crazy unless you believe the commentators that he’s doing “slap passes”

Cheesy call on Plekanec…tripping…really?

Les boyz better pick it up next period otherwise Price’s hard work will be wasted.

241. tony d says:

Thank God we got a goal, cause Ottawa has been dominating and were definitely headed for a W. Our D is still a friggin mess in our zone. I look forward to the day when they can solve their zone issues. Anyway, let’s hope they can turn it on in the 3rd, 2 quick goals and who knows.

242. tony d says:

Carey has been solid and has saved their bacon on more occasions than I can count.

243. Propwash says:

Would be nice to see the Habs put in an honest effort in the third. Will it happen? Prolly not.

244. RGM says:

Milbury really is archaic in his thinking about the headshot stuff eh? At least he acknowledges that he’s not very bright at being able to discern what’s illegal contact to the head.

245. pmaraw says:

if he’s panicking after a 8-4-1 start to the season, then he has no right to be in the nhl period.  I see it more as experimenting with the lead.

246. Hockey Socks says:

He’s not archaic, he’s just dumb.

247. vic says:

They should try and shock Ottawa and check some one in our end.

Oh forgot JM doesnt like rough play.

Thats why Toronto used to beat the crap out of them in the playoffs

248. TripleX says:
    3P 20:00:

Does the team that played last night have any legs? Seventh man could help.

Not buying it Mr. Boone.  They phoned it in last game just like tonight. No excuses for two embarassing performances back to back.  The coach has to be asked some TOUGH questions even if they pull out a win.  Just brutal defensive zone coverage and the PP STILL sucks.

249. RGM says:

AK46: Five hits. How come I can’t remember any of them?”

Outside of Price’s play, is there anything memorable from this game?

250. Exit716 says:

Gonchar usually quits on plays like that.

251. _Habsoloutly_ says:

He’s not dumb, he’s just an idiot.

252. Hockey Socks says:

I’m inclined to agree, but the fact that his lines never stay together through the course of a game really doesn’t smell of smart coaching to me. Every player will tell you that they need time to get a feel for their linemates. I understand the LW auditions for Gomez and Gionta, but its spiralling into a complete jumbling of the first 3 lines. The AK46 – Pleks – Cammy line was fine.

253. TripleX says:

At least JM can’t blame Eller or O’Byrne if they lose this one.  How is Picard not playing?  The defense looks brutal.

254. Propwash says:

He’s not really capable of discerning anything.

255. hablifting says:

Actually he has it right as far as I am concerned.  If a player can’t keep his head up in the fastest league in the world, he is going to get crunched.

On that play with Thornton, he pretty much had a no win situation.  He was in a position to seperate the player from the puck.  He can do the following:

a) Let the player skate by (get crapped on by the coach and fans)
    b) Take a penalty by hooking or holding the player (see above)
    c) Go low with a hit and take a risk of injuring the players hip or knee
    d) Do what he did

I believe 100% that the intention of the hit was clean.

If Perron and his stupid dman (who made that suicide pass in the first place) are unable to protect themselves, they will pay the price.

At this point, every single hit is a risk with this ambiguous rule in place.  It will come to the point where players are so scared of hitting a guy and having it go wrong that they will stop.  I doubt the NHL will enjoy losing that many fans.

256. Mr.Hazard says:

AK46 had a solid forechecking hit near the end of the period, I noticed it.

257. Keith says:

And a meathead too!

258. Hockey Socks says:

Excellent PK.

259. king ddd says:

halak en route to another shuout ;)

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

260. Propwash says:

AK passed that way too hard

261. pmaraw says:

im happy for him.

262. Propwash says:

Yeah? So?

Hows the team in front of him doing?

263. king ddd says:

so am I

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

264. Hockey Socks says:

Pouliot’s flying, but I still see some bad habits. When he takes a shot, he spends a while admiring his shot instead of chasing down a potential rebound or to get into position.

265. habstrinifan says:

Both should go! We need imaginative and innovative coaches. Not plodding minds who stifle sour young players.

266. habs365 says:

JM likes playing mind games….once he wakes up….he’ll realize he’s coaching

267. Komihater says:

Soo tell me why AK was seperated from Pleks…

268. habstrinifan says:

Best thing for this team is to go through a tailspin which would get JM (and maybe Gauthier ) removed early  enough so that we can recover and make it into the playoffs.

I just cant see this team improving or the players (especially the younger players) developing under JM’s regime.

Maybe I am wrong and this is just 3 games. But it is beginning to look too much like last year.

269. novahab says:

Its time for Mr. Molson to call a press conference and call out the refs . He needs to put a little heat on this onesided cirus show.Price run through the net by Kelly no penalty are you kidding me the replay showing the ref looking right at it. Funny the refs sure didn’t miss anything on the Habs tonight. Its time for Molson to be a man and stand up a bit for the team and the fans who pay very large sums of money to watch their team get screwed night after night by the crooks in strips.

270. BrianSkrudland says:

Sometimes an exciting hockey game happens and you need to set your allegiances aside. This was fun and, at times, at break neck speed. The Habs showed signs of life. Gio was flying. Gomez looked fired up. Pleks, as always was a demon.

Hold on…need to refill with some tasty rum…   Where was I?

General thoughts:

1) PK – He’ll make rookie mistakes, but this kid is going to be terrific;

2) Pouliot – This cat is working harder than we’ve ever seen;

3) Halpern – Who’s been complaining about Moore or Metropolit’s respective departures lately? Not necessarily his best night, but a great acquisition!;

4) Price – Has the guy allowed more than a couple of bad goals all year? Get behind this guy, folks. He’s competing and keeping this team in games, despite the many defensive shortcomings of the squad in front of him;

5) Faceoffs – Aside from the ironically named powerplay, does anything else need more work; and,

6) Who was that smokin’ hot woman with the necklace sitting behind Coach Martin?!

271. TripleX says:

If it helps you sleep blaming the Hab’s ills on the refs then rock on dude.

But the reality is that this team has major holes and the coaching staff is only making the holes bigger.  The refs had little if anything to do with the loss.

272. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

I imagine Weber is brimming with confidence after his start to the season in Hamilton…..could be the right time to give the big club’s PP a kick in the arse

273. RGM says:

That’s good for a chuckle. As if ownership is going to get involved in criticizing officiating.

274. Harani says:

Nikita Nikitin is such a cool name (Blues Prospect)!

“It must be love!”

275. Courny12 says:

Do the Habs lose at every Summit game? Have a great time at Hurley’s Boone. It’s gonna be a bitchfest of epic proportions!!!

276. BrianSkrudland says:

Personally, I think that the Zamboni driver, along with hot dog vendors, should call a press conference too. The refs are ridiculous. Our guys get away with their fair share of nonsense too.

Anyone else dislike Ron McLean a great deal! He just seems to be so full of himself! Can’t stand his voice anymore.

277. BrianSkrudland says:

Are you the Habs stalker I’ve heard so much about?!

(THAT WAS MEAN. I WISH I COULD RETRACT. SORRY FOR BEING A SMART ASS. REALLY)

278. habstrinifan says:

While I am p***&^ re lost I may as well rant re all these dang ceremonies. Enuff already. We seem to lose after everyone of them. Just do the intro and drop the puck UNTIL we win at least the conference final.

279. Harani says:

Definitely wouldn’t consider myself stalker. I’m a fan and I love hockey. Love the Habs and the players, but a fan of hockey in generals. I do have my favorites that I closely follow. And I have a knack for random facts about the players. Did I mention how much I love hockey? And why would your comment be mean?

“It must be love!”

280. habstrinifan says:

She sits there so JM can make sure there’s nothing exciting in front of him… like hockey players using their skills.

281. BrianSkrudland says:

I pray that you are not so much of a dog to complain about a Remembrance Day ceremony. Really? are you that much of an ass?

I suspect you only made an error in judgement with that comment.

Likely, your thoughts are meant to reflect the overindulgence of other ceremonies the Habs are know to hold. Right?

282. habstrinifan says:

Take that back.. I didnt watch the ceremony (turned channel once turned game on and saw hint of ceremony) and forgot it was remembrance day time. My bad! Just fed up of all habs ceremonies though. Enuff of riding coattails of past heroes.

Ye son this one I am an a-hole. Wont be last time.

283. vic says:

Why bring up Weber and sit him?JM running out of chairs

284. BrianSkrudland says:

I figured as much. Don’t worry about it. It happens.

Imagine somebody on HIO they made a blunder?! Good on you, man!

Have a good night.

285. habs001 says:

nothing to worry about ..the habs are not an elite team and many of the delusional posters have to realize this…the goal is to make the playoffs …makes no difference what position we finish as we are capable of beating the top teams in a series but just as easily losing to any team …yes even the hated leafs would not be a easy series…we have at least 10-12 players that are on the team that the majority of posters would laugh at if they were on the leafs or any other team…..this is a 500 team that thru sheer effort and guts can be better and upset top teams … management knows that this team need some major upgrades and hopefully some of our juniortalent will do that but will take time…we are loaded with forwards that just do not have offensive abilities

286. habs365 says:

The cup will not be coming to Montreal anytime soon….Don’t let a loss hurt your sleep….you all come back now…

287. C3P1 says:

doesn’t matter to me…looked like cammy got a stick on it.  I really dont care, boone could have put it in it still counts, and it was huge

288. pmaraw says:

i dont think boone could’ve put it in…  no offence boone

289. C3P1 says:

meaning…if he put it in, it would still count.  dont matter who scores as long as, in fact, we score.

290. Castor says:

C’mon big boys…start stepping up.

- HIT THE NET!

- SOMEONE TELL GOMEZ TO SHOOT AND LET GIONTA WORRY ABOUT HIMSELF.

291. ProHabs says:

Ya but Gomez has no shot. Unless he is standing 2 feet from the net, any goalie can stop his weak shot. That is why they should have traded him this summer to Ottawa for Spezza.

292. sag says:

wacky is a nice way of putting it.  back to back games and half of the seasons games have been against 3 teams.  Thursday begins a stretch that will tell the true story

293. Castor says:

That’s why it’s okay that the big boys are struggling…now…but if they don’t get back in it starting tonight….this team is in trouble.

294. sag says:

Any word on Pleks?

295. MikeMcLaren says:

Pleks was firing one timers in the morning skate. P. K. was playing in net against Price. Sadly though that tells me nothing about what’s going to happen tonight.

If you’re ever in town for a game day try to time the Bell Centre tour for the morning skate – it’s very cool!

/\\ike

GO HABS GO!

296. habstrinifan says:

100 PERECENT right. JM panics too often.

297. habstrinifan says:

100 PERECENT right. JM panics too often.

298. Johnny_D says:

Total bullshit, ref that made that call was farthest away from the play\

299. hablifting says:

Move your f’ing feet Pouliot.. FFS man.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

300. habby state says:

bot do habs stink!

I picked them for 10th place, but I was wrong.

it’s 12th place for les crappies!

301. AH says:

Pathetic, we have no finish whatsoever. How many times have you seen us with a 2 on 1, and the open forward is Moen…aaargh!

302. sidhu says:

Put Price on a line with Pleks and AK46

303. iHeart Les Habitants says:

Plekanec’s great at creating offense while on the pk!

304. C3P1 says:

maybe he could harness his inner shane doan

305. MathMan says:

Martin is in panic mode, rouletting the lines when he didn’t need to change them in the first place.

Sometimes you wonder how this guy managed to get to 1000 games.

306. sidhu says:

GIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

307. Hockey Socks says:

THERE WE GO. LOWEST SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN THE LEAGUE, BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONE.

308. Propwash says:

Just can’t frikin put anything in the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s so frustrating to watch!!!

Then again…..

CEST LA BUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!

309. JIMVINNY says:

Boy did he, and the team, need that.

310. PureGuava says:

Finally.

311. iHeart Les Habitants says:

GIONTA WITH THE GOAL!!!

312. BrianSkrudland says:

Lots of time, folks!

313. The_Salted_One says:

FINALLY GIONTA!!!   now maybe that will help end your slump!!!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

314. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

HUGE monkey off his back

315. Jbird says:

Gio is such a bum.  ;-)

316. Keith says:

Thank F*&^ing GOD GIO SCORRRREEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

317. Danno says:

That giant Magilla Gorilla is finally off Gionta’s back.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

318. Mr.Hazard says:

Here’s a comment-provoker:

One goal was enough for the Blues to get at least a point tonight…

319. gumper says:

That was a terrific camera angle on the replay of the Gio goal. Look on his face as he focuses then gives ‘er was amazing.

320. Hagar says:

Well Gio, I’m good for it.

321. Propwash says:

C’mon guys, full throttle, lets goooooooooooo!

322. linp says:

Last game, AK and Gionta were getting in each other’s way. No wonder they split them up.

323. Keith says:

Wow, the national game on CBC. How long can I tolerate before I switch to RDS, hmmm??

324. Shiloh says:

Not in Thunder Bay – 1,000 miles from Trawna the Good and we still get the Loafs week after week after week …….

325. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I love drama! It makes ordinary hockey so damned … dramatic.

326. Hockey Socks says:

Scratching Eller seems to only be vindicating Pacioretty’s criticism of JM. The problem with this team right now is getting the most out of the most talented players. Putting Eller in the pressbox doesn’t remedy anything.

327. J.J. of Turku says:

This still feels weird, this Pernie and Hal – pairing on D…

328. MathMan says:

I am not a big fan of splitting Gomez and Gionta. Gionta’s getting tons of shots and chances, it’s only a matter of time before they start going in.

Now if he or Gomez scores the line juggling will be credited for it — completely incorrectly.

329. Keith says:

Put the grab on em and no call!

330. Keith says:

Playing dopey!

331. Propwash says:

Wish I could be at the game with the HIO crowd.

332. sidhu says:

Boyd > Eller?

333. Exit716 says:

Just high stick them next time and take out Neil’s one tooth.

334. Shiloh says:

Way to go Max – penalty was worth it.

335. Danno says:

Nice PK!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

336. Exit716 says:

How does the front referee miss the Subban trip, but the back one gets it?

337. sidhu says:

Maybe the presence of the Summit folks will be a good omen for our PP

338. Keith says:

Come on pp get a goal pllleeeaaasssseeee!

339. Danno says:

Come on boys. Do it for the Summiteers!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

340. win4ce says:

Excuse me as I barf after that PP..

341. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Man, PP is frustrating to watch…work in progress?

342. Propwash says:

FFS, can’t our PP do anything right?

343. Danno says:

Another bad penalty by Cammy…

Oye yoyoye

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

344. JIMVINNY says:

That looked like he went down really easy.  But what do you think is going to happen when we’re on a 5 on 3?

345. Keith says:

You gotta be F*&^ing kidding me? STUPID!!!

346. zozotheclown says:

Worst powerplay ever, It’s painful to watch. Cammy at the point is a huge mistake, he may have a good shot, but he can’t hold the zone at all. Already twice today and a couple times last game, that should have really gone better.

347. twilighthours says:

The MTL PP is, without question, the most frustrating thing in my life.

348. howtathor says:

Cammalleri is lost at the point. I thought Subban and Markov were much better. Cammy’s work in on the half boards.

349. sidhu says:

Chris Kelly, looking pretty good in this game.. a steal IMHO at 2.1m/year

350. Propwash says:

Did Markov even touch the puck???

351. Keith says:

Oh well, nice try Marky.

352. J.J. of Turku says:

I say Cammaleri can change places with Eller…

353. hablifting says:

So if you never liked the pickup of Cams, Gio and Gomez you’re not a fan of the Habs right?  Damn.

354. sidhu says:

Shot was right at him… sigh

355. Jbird says:

By the way he reacted – Absolutely.

356. JIMVINNY says:

Every comment you post makes it quite clear you’re not a Habs fan.  Has nothing to do with whether or not you like those 3.

357. hablifting says:

Your parents should ask for a refund for all the education they gave you ;)  Easily the least intelligent poster on this site.  How does it feel to be wrong everytime you press “Post Comment”?  Not a single thing I’ve ever read from you has ever come to pass.  Move along.

358. habstrinifan says:

What progress?

359. hablifting says:

JM is tossing salad tonight.  Interesting.

360. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Gomez with Laps and AKost? oh bloody hell

361. pmaraw says:

did the announcer just say that jm was trying to toss the salad?

362. sidhu says:

That’s the second time he’s used that phrase.  I don’t know if many people know what that term truly means.  I’d put the urban dictionary dot com explanation, but I do not want to get banned!

363. Propwash says:

We need a niiice greasy garbage goal right about now…..

*edit* instead we get a effin penalty

364. sidhu says:

Obvious call — gotta let the opportunity pass since the puck wasn’t there.

365. Shiloh says:

Spezza – 9.4. Sure he was hit – but what embellishment!

366. king ddd says:

f’in reffs!

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

367. Propwash says:

***K!

368. Hockey Socks says:

Can’t mount a comeback on the PK.

369. Mr.Hazard says:

We’re like the Leafs. Amazing start, then reality check.

370. sidhu says:

Kovalev just tossed our salad

371. Johnny_D says:

Ottawa mugs Pouliot … nothing. Spac hips Spezza … penalty.  Total BS!

372. Keith says:

I knew we’d get burned sooner or later. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

373. JIMVINNY says:

Gill’s 2nd goal of the night.  Too bad they’re in the wrong end of the rink.

374. sidhu says:

How about sitting Spacek and Hamrlik for 1 game + infinity.

Get OB and Picard in, I do declare

375. ooder says:

i just don’t get how the habs players have such a hard time putting the puck in the net.

i mean commmon.. just score.. gionta, gomez, cammy, anybody

——————

88 is the new 23

376. linp says:

When do we finally bench Spacek? May be we should fire JM first.

377. TripleX says:

What a rocket. Cammi was doing that last season.

378. Propwash says:
    3P Break:

Can I got to Hurley’s now?

Wouldn’t blame you Boone….wouldn’t blame you at all.

379. scrowe21 says:

thanks to all the dummies booing Kovy..damn. never understood that.

380. Shiloh says:

Guess my comment last week wasn’t so “stupid” eh Boone? I would have considered Kovalev for Hamrlik (and +600 000 on the cap) when Ottawa was desperate for a trade and Kovalev was languishing. Still not saying that it’s a no-brainer, but with our pp sucking so bad and Picard palying well I thought it was worth considering.

381. Keith says:

Go to Hurley’s and have a few for me Boone.

382. christophurrr says:

boone getting all sorts of airtime on cbc. “phd line” all night, and now “l’artiste”

383. Xtrahabsfan says:

Geese too bad the Habs didn’t acquire Peron for Halak ….

384. Clay4bc says:

I was one of the few who agreed with you then, and I still agree now. This team needs a trade.

Although that was a BS penalty that led to the third goal…

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

385. PureGuava says:

I miss Kovalev. 13 million for Gionta and Gomez – Kovy would have signed for 4.5, played two years for us, and then we’d have 18 million (counting hammer) come off the books at the end of this season. Now we’re married to two little dudes that are snakebit for the next 4 seasons….and did I mention the sky is falling?

386. Xtrahabsfan says:

They did last year and it seemed to work…different tender?

387. Propwash says:

I’d say, stick a fork en ‘em for the night.

388. Exit716 says:

Actually, Kovalev and his agent decided to play chicken with Gainey and he ended up in Carp.

389. PureGuava says:

You will never get an apology from Booner…

390. Exit716 says:

It’s a 3-2 Sens lead…says Mark Lee as the score is 3-1. God, these two clowns are making Cole look great.

391. Clay4bc says:

Or Oshie – he looks great as well. Looks like we got his weak sister instead.

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

392. hablifting says:

We can’t honestly believe that Kovalev would be a piece that moves us closer to the cup do we?

393. Harani says:

Sitting Eller in favor of Boyd was a MAJOR mistake!

“It must be love!”

394. Hockey Socks says:

On the bright side, no shutout for Halak tonight!

395. hablifting says:

Backes?

396. Propwash says:

Look who comes outta the woodwork blaming Price again, lol.

397. PureGuava says:

Chicken nothing. Kovalev thought he had a deal with Gainey, and slept on it. While he was sleeping Gionta’s agent contacted Bob. Does that not seem a little odd to anyone? – He approached us!!!

398. makka83 says:

Yes Kovy is what we need… You are always right!

399. Clay4bc says:

Not at all…but I’d take him for one year over Hammer, who I love, but looks old and like he’s lost a step. Picard deserves to play, and we need a spark for the offence.

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

400. PureGuava says:

Why not? He led us to the best record in the Eastern Conference two seasons ago when our goaltender had a meltdown in the playoffs.

“Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.” – Robert Anton Wilson

401. notbigbird says:

Kanata. Kanata.

402. TripleX says:

Splitting up Pleks and AK was far worse. Instead of one top line JM has created ZERO top lines. But bet no one calls him on it.

p>‘Cogito ergo doleo’

403. Shiloh says:

Kakka83 – knew you were lurking somewhere. Must be killing you the way Halak is playing…..

404. habstrinifan says:

JM’s a genius! I hear.

405. Castor says:

Yeah, that would have happened.

406. ProHabs says:

Spezza could have been had this summer, that was no secret. Salary wise and position wise, Gomez would have had to go the other way. The Habs could have thrown in another asset such as MaxPac, Maxwell or draft picks and the deal could have been done. Then the Habs have Pleks as center number1, Spez as a big (although soft, put he at least puts up points) center number1 and Eller as center number3.

407. punkster says:

Oh…wait, if you read some of the people here then you’r know JM ruined Spezza ;)

408. habs365 says:

Gomez would make a good 3rd line center…ottawa wouldn’t do that…if it was reversed the Habs management would go for it…they’ve already did…I think the fans actually thinks the Habs is gonna stay at the top in the standings…do they ever have a surprise coming…wait till they start losing 4 or 5 in a row my, my, my…all hell will break loose in Habs land…

409. VancouverHab says:

Huh? Lose our elite-calibre shutdown centre for a soft-as-doughnuts player? No WAY – no way — Martin countenances that move.

Write on the board a hundred times: ‘We don’t individual totals, we need WINS.” Which we are getting with the current lineup. Why the moaning?

410. habber86 says:

There is absolutely no way that trade would have ever even been remotely considered from an Ottawa perspective. On the one hand you’ve got Spezza, who is good for 90+ points and 30+ goals in a healthy season and is 27. One of the elite centres in the league. Sure he may be prone to some turnovers and lazy play, but so is Gomez…

On the other hand you’ve got Gomez…………

411. howtathor says:

At least Gomez went to the net!

412. gK_HabsFan says:

You all bitch about Gomez… What has cammy done for us lately???

Aside from the first 3 games of the season, he’s been INVISIBLE!!

When he’s not scoring… He’s one of the most useless players on the team IMO

-GK-

413. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

One of Cammy’s biggest fans (got the jersey, even the MacFarlane figurine) but he’s been very disappointing over the past few games.  Really looking for him to break out tonight…..

414. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Didn’t even look for the pass!

415. Keith says:

Yeah I’m getting a bit tired of the Senaturds and Buffaler as well. Bring on some real competition lol!

416. Keith says:

He needs to score. It’s gotta be killing him.

417. Shiloh says:

Gomer had some jump there – nice to see.

418. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Would’ve been nicer if he scored.

419. forumghost says:

Anybody, have an online link to them game…other that atdhe.net which only has a “Justintv” feed that let’s me watch for 10 secsonds before telling me I need to subscribe.

From the 10 seconds clips I get to watch it looks like a pretty good game so far!

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

420. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

they’re streaming it on cbc.ca

421. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I have decided that I will not bash Gomez and Gionta at all.

If they were floating, I would be mad – but they’re clearly trying.

It’s a work in progress. And I know 13 games have passed. But remember Cammalleri was a streaky player last year as well. Goals will eventually come by.

422. topher5468 says:

I made the same pledge regarding Benny and its worked out well, I hope this works

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

423. habby state says:

for 8  illion, you have to do more than try.

you have to score!!!!!!!!

424. topher5468 says:

At least Gomez is into the game tonight

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

425. JIMVINNY says:

That was a pretty play.  Gio shold have put a move on him, though.

426. Keith says:

What a beautiful set-up, sigh ((

427. zozotheclown says:

Gomez-Gionta-Cammy have to be really frustrated right now, talk about snakebit. On the plus side, I’ve already seen some very good things from all 3 today, some good speed and nice passing by Cammy/Plecks to get Gionta wide open. Hopefully they get that goal each pretty soon.

428. Keith says:

I think Gomer and Gio need to sacrifice some sticks to the Hockey Gods.

429. TripleX says:

Actually like how Gomez is playing tonight and I can’t stand him. Skating hard with some passion and driving to the net. To bad he can’t score to save his life.

430. Shiloh says:

Six minutes from now (7:59 EST) the International Space Station will be visible for about 8 minutes – travelling from NNW to ENE. Most of Eastern and Central Canada.

Maybe it will coincide with the 1st intermission.

431. The_Salted_One says:

Gionta, that could have been a lot worse than it was

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

432. Shiloh says:

Crap officiating again – Boyd was grabbed with a chance to score.

433. zozotheclown says:

Kovy looks like he came to play, not a good sign for us.

434. JIMVINNY says:

Gill tipped that in.

435. hablifting says:

Same story.  Habs get 10 chances and blow them all.  Sens get 3-4 and cash.  Gah.

436. C3P1 says:

another defection…sigh

437. VancouverHab says:

“Blow” is a pretty harsh way of putting it….

438. linp says:

Boyd and Lapierre are a bad combination, very weak defensively.

439. Keith says:

LOL! You guy’s really hate each other good don’t you?

440. Shiloh says:

Jo poikka – he’s a viitu for sure.

441. sidhu says:

UGH!

Halpern looks like a great signing, Boyd not so much.

We can all agree Gomer is not playing up to his salary hit, neither is Hammer.  Can’t wait to get his $5.5m off the books and (hopefully) put to better use.

442. Johnny_D says:

Well, the better team is behind so far… can Gio buy a goal plz?

443. J.J. of Turku says:

Hah! :)

That’s a good one!

444. linp says:

Why they still play Moen with Gomez? They don’t mix. They should call up Palushaj or Max Pac if they bench Eller.

445. J.J. of Turku says:

I guess we hate them in a positive way, if it’s possible?

:D

446. habby state says:

the better team is winning by far!

Ottawa is much better team than habs and will finish higher i8n the standings.

they have an awesome PP, unlike habs which is 30th in the league.

447. TripleX says:

At some point you have to question if it is the goalie or the shooters?  Defies logic that every goalie that plays the Habs stands on his head.

448. Hockey Socks says:

RDS guys using Mark Giordano’s new contract as a measuring stick for Gorges’ next one. Giordano’s getting 4-mill. Gorges is better in his own end, but Giordano puts up points. In the end, points count for more $$, so it seems like Gorges will fall in the $3 million range.

449. Norm0770 says:

Completely off topic, but I have NHL Game Center Live to watch the games here in Indy and all of the commercials have been the live feed from the Bell Centre, both audio and video.  The colour man and play-by-play guys talking about the lead in after the break, what players will be profiled… I even get to see the kids play during intermission.

I keep waiting for someone to tell a dirty joke during a commercial.

450. TripleX says:

Why break up the top line at all?  Pleks and AK were magic and now you risk losing that momentum.  Break up a line that was working to get another one going makes no sense.  Don’t even start with Eller……uggggggg JM.

451. duffy says:

Hockey hall of fame,Yesterday on the NHL network PHIL ESPOSITO was asked if he thought DON CHERRY would ever be inducted into the Hallof fame. PHILS RESPONSE ,  ” FOR WHAT ‘”.    PRICELESS.

452. hablifting says:

Looks like Cherry took it down a notch this year.  Good on him.

453. Norm0770 says:

I doubt they’ll call up Pacioretty after he called out the coach on live radio.

454. habby state says:

easy win for Ottawa tonight.

455. Keith says:

Kind of like us and the US.

456. Danno says:

That’s a Youtube moment. Is there a link?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

457. Propwash says:

There’s two more periods left ;)

458. JIMVINNY says:

For dillusional Ottawa fans, they’ll take their small victories whenever they can.

459. Propwash says:

Habs are 3rd in the league so far, Ottawa is 18th.

Habs are better

460. J.J. of Turku says:

It’s nice to neighboors you can hate…

461. Shiloh says:

They once asked Espo what he thought of Brad Park. His answer: “Just spell the name backwards.”

462. duffy says:

I dont know but it was on the Power Play show 4pm to 6pm .

463. J.J. of Turku says:

Would be a nice ringtone to a cellphone too… :)

464. Keith says:

Yes. It makes them feel needed lol.

465. Hagar says:

Max-Pac still hasn’t sobered up since telling his potential boss that he knows better than him and won’t play ball

466. gK_HabsFan says:

I feel you! But i think he’s trying to do too much with the puck!

I’d rather have Akost. on the point on the PP

-GK-

467. Shiloh says:

Yep – but at least it’s a start.

468. sidhu says:

We need, among other things, another top 6 forward BADLY

469. Johnny_D says:

Ref killed this … Habs were pushing and the last PK was bogus.

470. C3P1 says:

can we all be happy that we’re not the penguins? and we don’t have M.A.F. in nets? pulled after allowing 2 on 5…to the coyotes.  yikes in pitt

471. topher5468 says:

Glad Gomez is having a good time because he efin sucks

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

472. Propwash says:

Yaaay, another penalty.

473. sidhu says:

Another offensive zone penalty?!???!?!?!?!

Horrible game.  Just horrible.

474. JIMVINNY says:

It’s a bad penalty, but he’s trying.

475. Sanchin Films says:

Touching tribute, but somebody pull the CBC editors and graphics guys aside and teach them about title-safe area. You don’t put text and graphics all the way right or left, because some TV’s (like mine) will cut them off.

476. krob1000 says:

why is it 8:21 and the second just starting??

just noticed what boone wrote..

477. forumghost says:

I need to be within Canada to watchc the online cbc stream.

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

478. Keith says:

You didn’t touch it Spazboy.

479. BrianSkrudland says:

Gionta will tie it up as well!

480. Propwash says:

Time-Out!

481. iHeart Les Habitants says:

Do you see Gomez with the Howitzer? If only he hit the net!

482. Keith says:

Come on Habs…so close…

483. zozotheclown says:

Awful start, thank god for Price

484. Shiloh says:

JM calls a time-out! The Ottawa guys were beat and couldn’t change….

485. Keith says:

Pricey is doing it all for us. COME ON HABS! Do it for Pricey!

486. RGM says:

The usual HNIC delays almost lulled me to sleep too, but c’mon boys wake up it’s halfway through the second period already!

487. Chuck Chuck Goose says: