He’s big, he’s bald

He’s beautiful.

Alex Auld makes 30 saves on Carey’s night off

1. Bob_Sacamano says:

I wish CET could move to eastern time for the games during the week. Yet 1 AM on a saturday or sunday is perfect.

2. VancouverHab says:

“We few: we happy few…”

:–)

3. AH says:

Amen to that Timo I’ll be hoofing it here shortly too. The 7 PMers suck!

4. JIMVINNY says:

Damn my inability to detect sarcasm on the internet!!!!!

5. CHsam says:

Agreed. Its too easy to make him a scapegoat. He and Pleks are two guys you can use in so many situations. I think while we all fantasize for the big no.1 centre, we’re forgetting that we got some good pieces right now. I mean other teams not only have to worry about Gomez or Pleks, but also AK, Cammy, and Subban… and Markov etc.

6. BJT says:

If I’m correct, that would be what is known as a “reverse jinx”, yes?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

7. jbroderi says:

They can focus on Spatch all they want, but as soon as markov comes back and Spatch can focus on his defenseive game and the penalty kill and log a little less minutes, you’ll see him bounce back to a valuable status on the D.  I like O’Byrne’s skill set, but I’m not sure if he has the mental make-up to play a critical role on the D night in and night out.  He never really progressed in 3 years.  You can blame JM all you want for not giving him a chance, but lately I am inclined to think that maybe JM had a point.  Him and Picard (who HAS been playing well) are the only two question marks, not Spatch

Gorges   Gill

Hamrlik   Spacek

Markov    Subban

Picard should be number 7.  You can mix and match the markov and Spacek pairings, but i think these are the 6 you have to go with!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

8. punkster says:

He’s just messin’ with us JV.

9. punkster says:

We gotta keep up the good fight VH. I’m with you.

10. andrewberkshire says:

They have the least % of their arena filled at 60.3%. However from what was reported last season their attendance didn’t change when Kovalchuk was traded.

11. andrewberkshire says:

Devils are averaging 14,002/game, or 79.4% of capacity.

Detroit is claiming to average 19,136/game, or 95.4% of capacity.

But ESPN’s stats don’t include actual attendance, just tickets sold, and many teams buy chunks of their own tickets and give them away for free in order to boost numbers.

12. JIMVINNY says:

Idiocy at it’s finest.

I don’t care about Pouliot. I just love your avatar.

Crap. Alberta should move to eastern time. Forgot to set my PVR to tape the game and wife doesn’t get home until almost 6 so will miss the first period. I am getting pretty tired having to race home from work to catch games.

15. christophurrr says:

i believe the sad sack sens flames and oilers all got help from the league at some point in the last 15 years

16. SeriousFan09 says:

Chris Lee to call the game? No sneezing on the Islanders tonight folks.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

17. SeriousFan09 says:

About the same chances as Glen Sather signing a reasonable FA contract.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

18. VancouverHab says:

With whom will you replace him? I mean a player of equal character, Cup rings, speed, skill & competitiveness, and who complements our Captain perfectly, AND is available right now.

19. andrewberkshire says:

I wonder as well, but I highly doubt it. The Canadian franchises have been holding this league up financially for years now.

Buy me out too, Bill. And I won’t cost half as much as Gomer.

When I watchi highlights from Detroit and NJ home games there never seems to be anyone in the stands. So I would safely add these two team on the list.

22. andrewberkshire says:

The new avatar is a tattoo I got on Tuesday, its all about harmony, Steve!

I’ll respect my elders as always. Don’t know how many rounds I can buy though, saving for a wedding in July.

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Thrashers were toast for any kind of attendance the second Kovalchuk left town, wouldn’t be surprised if they’re 30th overall this season for the gate.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

24. Former Jets Fan says:

If the loonie ever drops in value again, I wonder if the Canadian teams will get the same help those sad-sack franchises have been getting.

Exactly, Andrew.  BTW, what’s up with the new avatar?  Are you trying to stir the national pot!

As well, I believe it’s your round at the Summit.  I’m bringing my wife this year so I trust that you will be respecting your elders:-)

26. andrewberkshire says:

Bluejackets, Islanders, Thrashers and Coyotes all averaging under 12,000 per game. Terrible.

27. JasonM says:

Auld will be our starter come December Steve.

28. JasonM says:

Pouliot will not score this weekend!

29. andrewberkshire says:

Tampa Bay had 2 owners, one wanted to trade Lecavalier, the other didn’t. One tried to do it anyway, the other went to Bettman, who intervened and stopped the trade. According to the internet anyway. I’ve never read a real report on it other than hearsay.

30. jbroderi says:

hahaha.  th difference is this ass looks far from useless, unlike the leafs!!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

31. VancouverHab says:
    • Red Berenson
    • Glenn Hall
    • Doug Harvey & Jaques Plante
    • The Plager Brothers
    • Original six expansion team & made the Cup Finals for the first few years
    • Classic crest that hasn’t changed (same with Philly) since they joined in ’67 — unlike the Canuckleheads who alternate years between hiring a new bad coach and wearing a new ugly crest.
    • Gave us Todd “the Difference” Ewen
    • Took the unfortunate Doug Wikenheiser (whom we cruelly mistreated) and brought him to the cusp of his true greatness — until he was smashed in a freak tailgate accident.
  32. Former Jets Fan says:

Re: Columbus.  They’ve been under 10k several times already this season.  But the death knell for that franchise will be when Rick Nash says enough is enough and demands a trade.  What was he thinking resigning long-term there?  He is “The Ideal Winger for G&G”.

33. dhenry1234 says:

wait whats this about bettman vetoeing a trade for Vinny to montreal?

34. jbroderi says:

Everyone get their flu shot yet??

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

35. VancouverHab says:

Ha ha!

36. andrewberkshire says:

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about Auld getting the start, he has to play sometime.

37. VancouverHab says:

In that case, thank God for Gary Bettman.