He’s big, he’s bald

He’s beautiful.

Alex Auld makes 30 saves on Carey’s night off

1. Matt_in_TO says:

We heard ya the first 50 times

– In Price We Trust

2. lemess says:

Wow – haven’t seen that many asses since the leafs game

3. Bill says:

If I win Lotto Max I will personally buy out Scott Gomez. No need to thank me, I’m taking one for the team.

Full Breezer 4 Life

4. Matt_in_TO says:

That could go down as the only good thing Bettman has done

– In Price We Trust

5. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Why is Mike Komisarek on the cover of Boone’s Guy Lombardo album?

6. Exit716 says:

Blame Bettman for the Halak trade. Bettman vetoed the Vinny to Montreal trade at the draft in June 2009.

Price would have gone the other way along with Plekanec.

7. dhenry1234 says:

Thanks Bill

8. jbroderi says:

WOW, sorry about all those posts.  My computer at work sucks and it froze.

9. Bill says:

Not much to tell. Tavares says he played Subban over the past four years, and he hasn’t changed. Says he talks smack during games to try to distract players. Also says Subban will be one of the best defensemen in the league before too long, and that he always plays hard. That’s it in a nutshell, unless I missed something.

Full Breezer 4 Life

23. jbroderi says:

24. jbroderi says:

25. jbroderi says:

26. jbroderi says:

27. jbroderi says:

28. sag says:

Great four habs fans preview….again.  GG’s high quality photoshopping is always funny and their writing is as sharp witted as it gets….unless you are offended easily….or your name is Mike Ribiero…

Hey Boone, I know you are into doctoring pictures on photoshop too…..how about a HIO monthly photoshop contest a la The Mercer Report. You could dangle some free tickets or guest appearances on your podcasts as prizes.

Tonight I am keeping the remote in my hand for any McGuire chatter.  I cannot stand hearing him say JM’s name.

On another note. All the banter a few days ago about Montreal being above the Hockey cheerleader thing.  There are girls in the Molson Ex zone that get you cheering, frolic about, and wear sexy outfits.  Whats the difference?

Some people are uptight about Auld getting the start tonight.  Hey, he is the back-up.  Price can’t go for all 82 games.  Barring injuries, I think a 70-12 split would be great.  In that case, I think it would be a job well done.

I loved Mike’s line about the Lotto Max.  It kind of puts Gomez’s insane contract in perspective (even though I’ve come to accept it as part of our reality going forward:-)

30. habs001 says:

we need the pp to function and secondary goals like last game…the goaltending has been very good and overall the d play and pk also solid…but without the pp there is a scoring issue and that can cause close games to go either way….we dominated the islanders yet it was only a goal game as their pp vs pk was +2..based on the games we could be 8-1 but we could also be 2-7…

31. dhenry1234 says:

anyone feel like summarizing in english that article about PK being a trash talker?

32. notbigbird says:

Every guy I know wants to keep his boys.

With a win tonight, it puts us in 1st place in the 30 team league.

It has been many years of trying to put this Humpty Dumpty back together again. Great management has put this club back to a competitive position.

Yes it is early, and many ups and downs to go yet. But we will be battling for a top spot this year. And we are watching great hockey again.

34. Willy the bum says:
    “Alex Auld against the Islanders: 1-3-1″
    Thanks a lot, Boone.  :(
  35. Willy the bum says:

Good observation, jB.  Just hope not to expect Auld saving the day by himself…

Playing a rematch against the Islanders could mean a tough night for the Habs, so better watch out.  Do not assume they will watch Tavares only, there are a few players that can skillfully play.

Wish the Habs luck!

NEXT FRIDAY BOYS AND GIRLS

2010 HIO Fan Summit Itinerary Nov. 5th and 6th in Montreal

FRIDAY
    Nov. 5th, We are watching the Habs vs  Sabers game at Hurley’s Pub
    1225 Crescent St.  on big screen around 6pm. Name tags will be given out.

SAT. morning, Breakfast will be at Chez Coras 1240 Drummond St. at 8:30am

SAT.
    at 10;30 Bell Center tour and Habs Hall of Fame tour. The “Rockets”
    granddaughter Cathrine Richard is putting on the tour for us this year.

SAT.
    at 2:45 Pregame meal and The Bob Gainey Children’s Foundation Raffle at The Baton
    Rouge Rest. 1050 Mountain St.

Don’t forget to bring along something to
    contribute to the raffle please.

Across the street at 7pm our Habs take on Kovalev and the Ottawa Senator’s

After
    game celebration. We have the second floor of Hurley’s Pub reserved for
    us. And like every year our Gazette leaders will be there to celibrate with us.

Everyone is welcome, so see you all in Montreal.

» Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

37. PrimeTime says:

Any GM will tell you, a good trade is when both teams benefit.

38. ZepFan2 says:

Congrats to Halak for the great start. I hope he goes on to win the Vezina this year!

With that being said, I hope Price goes on to win both the Conn Smythe and the Stanley cup this year!

There, love for both Price and Halak. My work is done.

————————————————————————

“Analyst: And I will say things you already know, five seconds after you yell them at your television.”

39. jbroderi says:

The only concern I have with Auld starting is if the boys get off to a slow start and give up a quick one.  If they can control the play like the other night and Auld gets in a save or 2, i think we can get Auld his first win with us, but a slow start and an early hole might change things.  I think Auld is a very servicable back-up.  There were a few years there where it looked like he might steal a starting job, but couldn’t keep up the pace.  I think 15 to 20 games this year will give him enough action to not be rusty.  If he can finish a little above 500 in nets, then he is a good pick-up!

40. Willy the bum says:

Here’s another Auld’s puns: Auld-oh!!!

41. Chorske says:

Haha, hey, you heard JM, Price is young, he can handle the workload, etc

42. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Pull up your trousers and stop presenting yourself as an a… well okay, it would be a cheap avatar joke and your point is well made. The habs are a better team right now. May it still be so by february!

43. Chorske says:

Good post.

44. Chorske says:

Agreed. I might not have agreed back in July, and I certainly wouldn’t be agreeing if the habs were off to a losing start. But for now, I agree.

It does confirm a few things, though, doesn’t it. How well Halak is doing, I mean. The anti-Halak crew don’t really have a rock to stand on anymore.

45. Chorske says:

But that’s a false comparison. The real question is, would we be better off with no Price, no Eller, but with Halak. And possibly no Plekanec. That is the real discussion. Asking us if we’d rather have Halak back than get a kick in the nuts is a bit silly. :)

46. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Such pot stirring gone astray. Halak was a fine habs goalie, and he did a lot for this team. I wish him all the best. Price is a goalie who looks like he might be able to do a lot for the team, and I desperately hope for the best. It’s looking good now and we all want to be won over longterm.

The team is fast and exciting, and with Halak in nets, the record would not be better. Gauthier’s gamble is looking good, and if Price can prove himself consistent over a season, then everyone’s a winner. I like Eller as a pick up and improvement on offence, and Price has been all you could hope for so far.

The Halak trade may prove to be history or tragedy, but either way, it’s Auld news now.

47. Chorske says:

I can’t see anyone with fully functioning brain cells making that trade.

We got Eller for Halak. Now you would consider reversing the trade, and thowing in Price AND White. Perhaps as a Stupidity Tax?

Which GM was it said, quickest way to lose a hockey game is to listen to the fans?

48. CharlieHodgeFan says:

No one. Why do you ask?

49. jbroderi says:

haha, not trying to ruffle feathers, but just last month so many people were saying how gloomy it was with out Halak.  I was just trying get the point across that we’re OK without Halak!

50. jbroderi says:

this would never happen, nor would i want it to happen, but the scenario at least makes us think that we have some good pieces and that as good as halak is, I’d take Price and Pleky over Halak and whoever they could have signed for 4 million

51. DearyLeary says:

Seriously?  We’re tied for first in the conference and people still want to talk about this ish?

52. light_n_tasty says:

sar.casm.

53. habber86 says:

I think Theodore was already well on his way to withering and dying in Montreal before he left management no choice but to ship him out. I often think about the excellent calls that Gainey has made not to re-sign guys. People love to complain about who we don’t pick up, but that’s actually proven to be one of Gainey’s strengths…

54. king ddd says:

id do it for halak and backes or perron or oshie or  id add a pick and get halak and jhonson. btw that was  just to answer your question. but no id keep my boys

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

55. jbroderi says:

who here would trade Price, Eller and White for Halak back??

56. Matt_in_TO says:

I can honestly say that’s the worst thing anyone has every called me.

– In Price We Trust

57. Sami says:

Great album cover !!

58. boneheadslanger33 says:

Because you’re in TO and this website can detect and deter pot-stirring closeted Maple Leafs Fans…

59. TheDagger says:

Going out on a limb but I think there will be more than 7 other Habs fans…

60. howtathor says:

Theodore

61. Matt_in_TO says:

Why is it that everytime I type http://www.habsinsideout.com in my address bar I’m directed to http://www.bluesinsideout.com?

– In Price We Trust

62. SoupStrainerMcPhee says:

Poetic post!

63. Hockey Socks says:

Blues are one of the Original 12 teams and have had 14 Hall of Famers on their team at some point or another. Brett Hull rose to prominence with the Blues and he’s one of the most prolific scorers of all time. They were consistently competitive for over a quarter-century (winning 7 divison titles) despite never winning the Cup.

64. longtimehabsfan says:

Yours truly will be in the building tonight with 7 other Habs fans.

65. PrimeTime says:

I agree we don’t need a thug, waste of cap, but we do lack some size and as much as I enjoy our speed & skill game, a long playoff run will slow us down. Hopefully Eller or Benny will be able to fill space in front of the net by then.

66. avatar_58 says:

Hell until a few years ago I thought they relocated. No idea they still existed.

67. nick says:

Meh… Who’s spot is some thug supposed to take? We’ve had our Laraque… Thanks but no thanks.

68. boneheadslanger33 says:

How are the Blues one of the greatest franchises in the NHL?

69. sholi2000.com says:

Way to go Halak, I hope you and Walsh make a ton of money and enjoy your time on the one of the all time greatest franchises in the NHL :0

Game Night

Go Habs Go

I hope the Canadiens fans at Nassau are nice and loud.

They Call Me Shane

70. jbroderi says:

not quite as sketchy as starting price 82 games in a row!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

You’d think he’d take boxing lessons, pump it up, get meaner, come back back for pay back. Not Komi. He’d rather hide behind the ref.

We do need someone to protect Markov though. Somebody had to take out Cooke, allegedly clean hit or not. Same goes for Grabovski.

72. mbplekfan says:

Gainey’s luck holds as another cast off withers and dies.

Souray, Ryder, Higgins, Kovalev, Komisarek…

73. DearyLeary says:

Yep, it was like breaking a puppy’s spirit.  Now he just mopes around the ice and picks up his paycheck.

74. TommyB says:

Komisarek…man, how far he has fallen.  From being behind the bench with the Habs coaching staff while re-habbing an injury, to being benched for the third period by…Ron Wilson.  Sometimes people make really bad choices, and it’s looking like both Komi’s decision to sign with Toronto, and Toronto’s decision to jump at his availability, were both among the not-so-wise variety.  Komi’s like the little kid in the neighborhood who got beaten up by the resident bully, and spends the rest of his days hiding around corners and in the bushes while walking home from school.  One tune-up from Lucic, and he’s never been the same.

75. Propwash says:

I think starting Auld is sketchy at best. Hopefully history won’t repeat itself.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.