P.K. and Price and playoffs are nice

Habs vs. Blackhawks

Game of the year!

1. boing007 says:

Richard R
    How do I navigate to page two? I don’t see any arrows to click on.

2. WindsorHab-10 says:

The way this team stunk during their 3 game shutout losing streak, I dign’t think they could come back & beat the likes of New Jersey & Chicago. I must admit that I’m very impressed that the guys came through during a must win situation not once but twice.

3. Robert L says:

Not that this game needed any more stories to make it a classic, but Marty Turco, the Hawks backup, was caught on film making a bet with a Habs fan at the Bell Centre during the game. Anyone listening to Team 990 last night might have heard a caller named Robert phone the story in..

Clearly, Turco was just having himself some fun. Either that or he’s after Tony Marinaro’s spot in the Mise Au Jeu ads.

Turco paid up, crossed out the word “Habs” that the guy wrote on the bill so that it read “Turco Rules.”

Let’s see what the NHL’s fun police has to say about this!

4. Rusty says:

The “codes” of this league make the NHL such a out-of-time place. Now I read that P.K. fears that he will draw criticism for his celebration. But if a player lands punches on another player’s face and hurts him badly, he is acknowledged by his team, by morons like Cherry and Milbury and by the entire hockey establishment. Celebrate a play-off clinching goal – face critics. Hurt somebody – you are a hockey guy.

Rusty Stubb

5. Rainrocket16 says:

No Doubt Carey should win the Hart!! He has won all of ours!

6. habs001 says:

the key for the habs is to produce this type of effort on the road…i think it is pretty clear that we just cannot score so all of our games will be like tonight but the problem with that it will leave the team too tired unless we can win a series in 4-5 games

7. punkster says:

Concerned about that “celebration” between Price and PK at the end there. Looked to me like Price put a bit too much into that hit, like he meant to hurt him. This could go much deeper than we realize. Trouble in the room? I hope not.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

8. habs001 says:

pitts only one point out of winning the division…islanders may have a big say as they play both teams…it is less likely we finish 8th and play the capitals ..but we can still play bruins,flyers or pitts… we may need 3 points to finish 6th as sabres play flyers at home and columbus on the road…

9. RiverviewCanadien says:

One of the best games I have watched all season.

Merci Les Gars!

10. WindsorHab-10 says:

Attnention Leafs Nation:
    FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.

11. HNS says:

One word……..Cisco

12. Bill says:

Hahaha, I am LOVING Sportsnet East right now! Ten minutes in and they’re STILL talking about the Leafs! It’s a James Reimer/Nikolai Kulemin love in! The cup is in Toronto next year for sure judging by how happy these guys are.

EDIT: and they spent 30 seconds on the Habs win after the eleven minute Leaf-fest.

EDIT EDIT: they went back to it, nice to see.

Full Breezer 4 Life

13. punkster says:

So, can I pick a tag line or can I pick a tag line?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

14. observer says:

price saved this game. subban is a near one man team. cammaleri starting to awaken. got to stop losing all those power play faceoffs in the opponents end AND all those shorthanded faceoffs in habs own end. they cant get the puck away from the offense and clear the zone with the one exception – subban when he gets the chance to.

lucky to have won tonight now philly has dropped to #2. and as i said hawks now in serious danger of not making the playoffs their lead is down to 2 points over dallas who holds tiebreaker over them and has colo twice and minn to play while chicago plays st louis tomorrow night then 2 games with detroit who love to finish the job the habs just started in eliminating the defending cup champs.

15. Komihater says:

What an exciting game! kinda makes me jealous of what entertaining hockey were missing out on here in the east.

16. longtimehabsfan says:

PK. He wants the puck when the game is on the line. nuff said.

“It’s a moo point. Like a cow’s opinion, it doesn’t matter. It’s moo.”

17. sane hockey fan says:

As a rookie, PK is 6th in goals for dmen in the NHL

18. Bill says:

It was one of those games where the best players were the best players. Outside of Price, that hasn’t happened enough.

Price is a robot or something this year. I know he doesn’t have the stats of the top five goalies, but honestly, how could he playing in this system?? If he faced the same kind of shots as Thomas, he’d approach 50 wins.

Speaking of Price and the temptation to rest him, I say he can sleep when he’s dead like Jon Bon Jovi. 6th place is worth fighting for, he didn’t look too tired to me, and there will be days off before the playoffs start.

Full Breezer 4 Life

19. Angela Morales says:

CAREY AND PK WERE AMAZING TONIGHT!!! OFF TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

20. savethepuck says:

It’s obvious by watching them that PK and Carey truly like each other. I sincerely hope that they are best buddies and teammates for many many years to come.

21. rocketsglare says:

What a game. Both teams should be commended for their play. Carey made possible P.K.’s heroics in OT with a third period performance that will long be remembered. That goaline save was sick. Great game. Great win. Playoffs here we come!!!

22. topher5468 says:

I cant believe i read somewhere that PK was classless during his celebration. With all the crap this league has to offer, he just put his team in the playoffs, great job PK, celebrate any way you choose, within reason of course

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

23. habs365 says:

good game – little shaky in the 3rd – carey and PK – all I can say Excellent job – thank the lord we kept carey – he’s the best – and a big congrats to the whole team tonight…..

24. Rainrocket16 says:

HELL YEAH!!! Great win by a great goaltender and a great group of young talent!!

25. Shiloh says:

Just saw the OT – PVR’ed. What a pass by AK46. What a shot by Subban. But maybe even better was the work he did to draw the penalty.

• habitual says:

Yes, AK is a very good passer. Great game.

Notice that on the winning goal Cammy took the faceoff? Love Pleks, but once again he was dismal on faceoffs. Don’t know why he takes them.

26. yukonhab says:

Best game of the Year! End to end action was a pleasure to watch

Playoffs in the air. Two top lines clicking with support cast .

A King Carey leading the charge!

Price 31

27. doogie says:

I love the Habs and despise the skank Leafs. Is tonight a great night or what!

28. Strabo says:

Well, the Toronto Sports Network is in trouble now. The Habs are in and the Leafs are out … Losers Since 67! It just never gets old.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

29. olematelot says:

Observer where are you. Needing some comic relief

30. 4m3y2j says:

This was hi level playoff intensity,a great prep game for the intensity that is to come.I would love to see these two teams meet in the finals,what a series that would be-

john slattery

31. Congratulations to the Habs for making it to the dance. Wish we had Markov, Gorges and MaxPac to be true contenders but it is what it is. Bring on anybody and enjoy the ride.

32. slapshot777 says:

How many games have the Habs had a penalty called against them in O.T. If I remember correctly the last time the Habs had a penalty called against them was in Buffalo and the Sabres won it in O.T.

It wasn’t even a bullshit call, it was a legit tripping penalty. I know Toews and Quinnville don’t think so, but if the call was reversed I think Quinnville would have taken it.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

33. dbsanfte says:

If tonight’s team shows up to the playoffs, anything is possible

34. BeachHabFan says:

great game, pk redeemed himself for the dipsy-doodle mess ups in the first with a fantastic effort the rest of the game. we looked like we had two top six lines for the first time since max went down in the cha-tastrophe vs. the bruins. If price can keep playing like that………

yes – Too many penalties and too many shots on carey, but why change? I will leave that to JM to fret over. Playoffs here we come. Wife (the Laff fan) and I are at the ACC Saturday, now we can relax and get hammered and make a scene in our conflicting jerseys.

I have to buy a new chair for the play offs, lost my edge completely now, what a year.!!!

Very tough year, for the nerves, doctors and the nurse’s. But we kept on plugging away.!!!

We will be in the conference finals boys and girls, but we may ware out a few more seats on the way.!!

Much fun still ahead folks.!

36. SeriousFan09 says:

My favourite remark was overhyped junior scoring star we should trade away before people figure it out before he entered the AHL and finished a First Team All-Star.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

37. ooder says:

kostitsyn and cammy… lethal forwards.. ak is rounding in form at just the right time.
    gomez had a pretty sick game..
    subban well… pure awesome
    Price…. not human

——————
    GWG = game winning gionta!

38. JohnBellyful says:

Great. Best game of the year and I missed it. So what was the HIO turning point? Who was the unsung hero? Who wants to send the Leafs flowers?

39. thepriceiswrong says:

Look at the TSN Homepage.

Top story about the leafs.
    Not even a mention of the habs clinching.

They will probably cover the leafs annual April Golf Tourney before they turn to Canada’s “Real” team

40. larisalapointe says: