Pacioretty, Gomez key Canadiens’ win

upload_feedback

The Canadiens finally broke into the W column with a thrilling OT conquest of the Ottawa Senators.
The Habs roared back from a 3-0 deficit keyed by two Max Pacioretty goals and an equalizer, in the dying seconds, by Scott Gomez.
Erik Cole cinched the win in the Shootout.

The Gomez line, with Max-Pac and phenom Brendan Gallagher, was the Canadiens best, with 19 of the team’s 33 shots – plus two posts by Pacioretty.

•  •  •

Interesting chat with  Dany Dubé after the game.

In addition to being impressed by Brendan Gallagher, the 98,5 FM analyst liked what he saw on the back end from Jarred Tinordi, Alexei Yemelin and Raphael Diaz.

Mark this down for future reference: A pressbox consensus is forming on Diaz:

He’s better than Yannick Weber.

•  •  •

Video of Brendan Gallagher:

Max Pacioretty:

Jacques Martin:

A fitting end to a very entertaining hockey game in Ottawa.

Filatov: Save

Wide

Max-Pac: Wrister shelf!! What a night

Spezza: Goal

Gallagher: Wide

Daniel F.: Wide

And Cole wins it!!

The Canadiens roared back from a 3-0 deficit, with Scott Gomez tying it up in the dying seconds with the goaltender on the bench.

And Max is back … big time.

Gomez was good, too.

And Brendan Gallagher did not look out of place with the big boys.

19 shots on goal for that line.

1. durocher says:

Cole makes it look easy.

2. krob1000 says:

Sportsnet says we lost, and HIO says Gomer scored the tying goal in the dying seconds……..it was a toss up but after long consideration I am choosing to believe that Gomez really did score a goal…and the game is in a shootout….I hope HIO is right because common sense says no friggin way…did he pass the puck into the net???

3. durocher says:

Max Power = best Hab tonight

4. ooder says:

what a shot by max!

——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

5. HabFanSince72 says:

Lawson won’t be there to bail Price out in the regular season.

6. Everlasting1 says:

That’s why Gomer is paid the big bucks. The clutchmeister.

——————————————————————-
    “And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the Dragon, and the Dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not. Neither was their place found anymore in Heaven. And the Great Dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the devil and Satan which deceiveth the whole world, he was cast out into the Earth and his angels were cast out with him.”
    [Revelations 12:7-9]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HardHabits says:

Nice of you to quote possibly the most insane piece of literature ever published. And by insane I mean crazy in a negative way.

• Everlasting1 says:

Drop the act of your well read well versed literary facade.

——————————————————————-
        [Revelations 12:7-9]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HardHabits says:

Hilarious. Look up psychological projection.

• Everlasting1 says:

Look up psycho babble.

——————————————————————-
            [Revelations 12:7-9]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HardHabits says:

You mean your comments?

• Everlasting1 says:

One must first learn to interpret. THEN deny. Or else you’ll look foolish.

——————————————————————-
            [Revelations 12:7-9]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HFX-HabFan says:

It’s Revelation, not Revelations.

• HardHabits says:

And he says to me, “Drop the act of your well read well versed literary facade.”

I love this site. I am telling you. Funnier than a barrel of monkeys.

• el heffe says:

–one must quote the expressions of sage men before them in order to shade the ignorances that shame them within–some guy on the bus

Charge it to the Underhill’s.–Chevy

• el heffe says:

The Bible has dragons? maybe i will give it a read.

Charge it to the Underhill’s.–Chevy

• el heffe says:

like living in a compound in Colorado marrying your 12 year old cousin crazy? or just wasting an nfl sunday listening to the fables of a sock puppet crazy?

Charge it to the Underhill’s.–Chevy

7. durocher says:

Great moves by Yemelin, pass was to no one though.

8. Duracell3 says:

Go-Go Da Costa~

9. DEANDALLEY says:

See, I said that Gomez would have a great season!

Gomez – Our Hero!

It is all for nothing if we don’t win the Stanley Cup!

• HardHabits says:

You are by far the most bi-polar person on the Internet.

• Everlasting1 says:

What’s YOUR excuse?

——————————————————————-
        [Revelations 12:7-9]

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Bill J says:

Says the guy who alternates between a Tankoligist & Non-tankoligist attitude on a sometimes weekly basis.
        ;)

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

10. Good work from Gomez. thats what he needs to do, get his nose dirty in front of the net

• uh-oh, looks like Bill has got some sand in his vagina.

• Bill J says:

Nah, just a fly buzzing around, I plan to swat it when I get a chance.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• tell ya what Bill, I’m here to talk about the habs, not argue with you. How about we agree to disagree and not reply to each others comments..?

• HardHabits says:

Bill J. Undercover thought police.

• Bill J says:

I will reply to whomever I want, including you.

I tell YOU what, speak to me with at the very least a neutral respect, and I will not engage you very much. Go back and read my initial reply once again, and realize I was in no way rude or condescending to you. Simply highlighting how DEAN was being sarcastic, and you chose to start an argument.

Sorry, I do not sit back when people spit on me, like I said several times to you. You would not speak to me the way you do here, directly to my face.

• HardHabits says:

I kinda like the 3 Ring Circus that you, Dean and BJ bring to the table.

It’s way more entertaining than listening to Berkie expound his views with his I’m a University student know-it-all hauteur.

:twisted:

• Bill J says:

HH – You’re more then welcome to join the party if you wish.

At least you do not resort to childish metaphors to try and insult others, I respect that. Don’t always agree with you granted, but I still respect you.

• HardHabits says:

Um Bill. You’re a nice guy and all but Dean AKA Newfie Dog AKA The Rock AKA numerous other banned ID’s makes _Habsodouchely_ look like _Habsolovely_

In this instance DD is starting. And you BTW are acting condescending.

• lol. ok, I’ll just ignore your stupidity the same as I do Dean Dalley. anytime you want to meet let me know, I’d be more than happy to tell you what a f*cking loser you are straight to your ugly face. please, meet me and threaten to punch me in the face.

• same goes for you HH, please let me know when you have grown a pair and are willing to call me a “douche ” to my face.

• Bill J says:

HH – Dean made a joke, HabsoDouchey (good one) chose to be blind and not see the sarcasm. I only highlighted the sarcasm (that is what I was referring too about being condescending.

Pardon me after having being berated by a HabsoDouchey for the better part of an hour, for losing my composure a bit and perhaps allowing myself to be a “bit” condescending “now”.

;)

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• Yes HH, Bill Jackass feels the need to defend Dean Dalley at every turn. he’s a pathetic loser cut from the same mold.

• Bill J says:

Thanks _Habsolousy_ – keep piling on more offensive posts. Eventually you will be gone, and we can move on from your childish behavior.

• Bill J says:

Every Turn ? Clearly you missed me calling Dean a troll a few days ago… Yup that’s me, defending Dean at every turn.

That’s like you accusing me of being Bugs’s bosom buddy, people who’ve been here long enough know that Bugs & I do not get along either, BUT… I still prefer him over you, go figure eh.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• why don’t you just meet up with me Bill..? scared? or do you prefer attacking me on the internet? I offered you an olive branch and you continued to insult me. shows just what a pathetic pos you are. you are a waste of my time. I piss on scum like you.

• Bill J says:

HH: Regarding Dean, I believe he is miss-understood. I miss-judged him.

HabsoLousy on the other hand, is exactly what you labelled him.

• HardHabits says:

Habso. Lighten up. I am in no way angry. And seriously, you could never draw me into a fight.

You’re young. You want to have a pissing contest. No problem. I am sure you can pee farther than me. There. You win.

Why hate?

And how come I don’t get any love for calling you _Habsolovely_?

• ummm, dude, I’m not young. I wish I was. I tried to be cool with you, and get along and you return the favor by calling me a douche. what do you expect me to say to you?

• HardHabits says:

And seriously dude. Chill.

Take a tip from Yeats. And I paraphrase. “It’s like how it was back in the day. We’d all take the piss out of each other on-line and then meet up at the summit and laugh about it over beers.”

———

Edit: to answer your question. It was a picture of contrasts.

But if you want the Hard Hab Hit, you act like a douche when you get abusive. If you can’t handle that than I suggest reading some material I have been getting into lately, the concepts of Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg. I recommend you check it out.

• Bill J says:

Habso – RE: HH’s edit above, I FULLY agree with him.

If you look back on tonight, this started with YOU coming at me. AGAIN, I only highlighted that someone made a sarcastic post. Didn’t insult you in any way while highlighting it either.

The same thing happened when we first exchanged words, but then it was Bugs you put me into a relationship with.

When you’re mad at someone, however irrational your anger is. You do tend (and not just with me) to act like a Douche.

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• I disagree HH. From my point of view it seems as though you have some grudge against me because of some past disagreement, same as Bill. I’m trying to be the bigger man here and call a truce with you two, but you guys seem to want to fight with me at every oppurtunity. I’m here to talk about hockey.
          i’m open to other peoples opinions and I expect others to be open to my opinion.

• Bill J says:

Habso… I do not make planned fight arrangements, children do that in school yards.

Should you be so lucky as to meet me face to face one day & you choose to speak to me the way you do here… I assure you of this, it would not go as you advertised tonight. ;)

If you want to add an avatar here, read this and follow the steps

• No Bill, you insult people on the internet and hide like a girl when they call you out…as I said Bill, I’d be more than happy to call a truce, agree to disagree and not reply to each others posts. but you don’t want that. you want to attack me and threaten me and call me names on the internet because you disagree with my opinions..? Once again, I am willing to let it go and not respond to your posts, why can’t you do the same..?

• Bill J says:

Because I will reply to anyone I want, That is not me trying to be confrontational.

The problem is that YOU can not seem to act mature enough & reply to me with the same initially granted respect I offered you.

I am not turning your olive branch away, I am merely not accepting the terms of your olive branch.

Why can’t you just speak to others with a bit more respect ?

11. SnowManHabs85 says:

Ah man, less than a few seconds left and Gomez ties it? The one pre-season game. RDS!!!

“Responding to the media , or playing to the media, or listening to the fans is the quickest way to start losing” – Sam Pollock

12. durocher says:

Gallagher right near the crease on that goal. He’s a keeper.

What’s his likely destination, back to junior?

13. SeriousFan09 says:

Having two power forwards available to crowd the crease this season is going to turn some close games, as it did tonight.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

14. SnowManHabs85 says:

Who tied it???

15. VancouverHab says:

“Le tres beau travaille de Gomez” (le annoncer Quebecois…)

(“et le deuxieme effort….”)

16. habsfaninboston says:

Gomer ties it.

17. dhenry1234 says:

GOMEZ SCORES????
    Hell has frozen over ladies and Gentleman

18. durocher says:

Nice “intentional” bank off of Alfreddson! ;)

19. punkster says:

Well, well, well…

***Subbang Baby!!!***

20. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

woooo!!! YESSSS!!

21. Danno says:

Wow what?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

22. durocher says:

There we go!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Danno says:

What the heck is going on?
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

24. HabFanSince72 says:

So is there any good news?

25. Hobie Hansen says:

Yemelin just got here man?

26. durocher says:

Must admit I was skeptical of Gallagher because of his size, but he can play. I’m impressed by him.

27. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

i’m happy that gomez is having a good game:) he needed that

28. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

its Ottawa… compared to Montreal, everything is lame. its just the way it is…

29. durocher says:

Fight may not have accomplished anything for the team, but I think it did for Tinordi, a young guy whose trying to prove he can throw down with NHL’ers. I think he acquitted himself quite well.

30. Danno says:

Three stars so far Pacioretty, Lawson & ————–

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

31. Mark C says:

Galleagher is an A to B kind of player, and B is generally the other teams crease.

32. EricMelvin says:

Aagh! Bruins score 6 tonight, that means they’ll score…492 goals this season, we can’t compete with that! Let’s concede the season and move the team to Bali. It’s the only rational thing to do.

xkcd.com/904/

33. Hobie Hansen says:

Nice hit by Yemelin. Habs playing rough….wow!

34. good game by Lawson so far.

35. durocher says:

Max Power is the best forward on the ice tonight

36. habsfaninboston says:

Tinordi appeared to handle himself well.

37. durocher says:

good job by Tinordi, he got the decision there. The take down by Smith is a chump move

38. Hobie Hansen says:

THERE WE GO! Great scrap by Tinordi against Smith.

39. JIMVINNY says:

Patches with another post. He’s flying out there. I’d say he’s got his place on the second line.

40. habstrinifan says:

Would be great to see Gallagher get a goal!

41. habstrinifan says:

Is Cole injured?

42. durocher says:

Max Power skating hard on the back-check. Gotta love it.

43. ooder says:

so no online streams for this game?

——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

44. I wonder how the 3rd and 4th lines are going to look like. Eller and DD both Centers, and both 3rd line material. Maybe AK – DD/Eller – Darche. I’d like to see Blunden on the 4th possibly.

45. scrowe21 says:

Carey Price’s numbers through 61:04 of pre-season action: GAA is 6.89, Save percentage 77.4

Terrible.. pre-season or not, thats bad. Budaj better be good for them.

Soooooo happy to see MaxPac bury those two. He showed great patience on the breakaway ( awesome pass by Lawson )

46. Hobie Hansen says:

It will be interesting to see how the last paring on defense turns out? Is it guaranteed to be Spacek and Yemelin or do Diaz and Weber have a shot at putting one of them in the press box?

There might be an extra spot to start the year if Markov is hurt but if he’s healthy, I wonder who sits and who dresses?

47. Hey Mike, the team scored 3 goals against Dallas while Price was in net, then they changed to Lawson and the momentum was lost.

48. EricMelvin says:

Just realized that the exhibition commentariot lacks a lot of regulars with experience too, hmmm…

xkcd.com/904/

49. DEANDALLEY says:

In 61:01 of play The Habs never scored a goal for Price.

Shades of 2009/10 …

It is all for nothing if we don’t win the Stanley Cup!

50. EricMelvin says:

@ the Bell we’d have three babes in tube tops. FTW.
    xkcd.com/904/

51. Propwash says:

So, is it time to blow Price outta the water yet? Seemed to be the in thing to do 2 years ago….

• Bill J says:

Was the in thing last year at this time too.

The Habs have some pretty brutal “fans” it’s a good thing they have rational fans too.

52. habstrinifan says:

“They’ve come to life, keyed by Gomez and Max-Pac”.. or power-play illusion?

53. AK_PK_Usay says:

Pretty impressed by Lawson

54. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

Price will come around. Let him get the mistakes out now when it doesn’t count. “chill”

55. Mark C says:

Max Pacioretty will score 30+ goals this year.

56. durocher says:

Put Lawson at C between Pacioretty and Cole!

57. Danno says:

Pacioretty is going to be a monster this season!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

Looks like Price is going to need to pitch shut-outs for the Habs to get wins this season.

59. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

assisted by lawson:)

60. Propwash says:

Patches was definately missed last season.

61. JIMVINNY says:

LOL. Lawson with the long bomb….

62. AK_PK_Usay says:

WOW LAWSON WHAT A PASS!!!

63. habsfaninboston says:

Nice assist from Lawson.

64. Oh man, that was sweet. great pass by Lawson.

65. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

PATCHES AGAIN!!!

66. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

i hate how these announcers keep saying ” they will go to the box for 2 minutes or less…”

67. durocher says: