Get out the broom

Canadiens score 10 goals on their Florida swing and sweep the Lightning and Panthers.

Ten names on the scoresheet both nights.

And that doesn’t include Cristobal Huet, who made 40 saves in a game the Canadiens led 3-0 after five minutes.

Canadiens have taken seven of a possible 10 ponts on what is traditionally a tortuous holiday road trip.

How hot is this team?

Michael Ryder scored a goal.

That’s hot.

1. Bean says:

Unfortunately, a lot of people who’ve been through chemo and radiation have weaker immune systems, even long after they’ve been declared cancer-free.

It might have something to do with Saku regularly getting sick.

2. PattyBoy31 says:

I want to see it….YESSS!!! they just scored again

3. PattyBoy31 says:

Sorry, right when Ryder scored I clicked Flag as offensive on your post 😛 I didn’t submit it but I’m not sure…

anyways, as i was gonna say RRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEERRRR!!!!!

4. HabsProf says:

Anyone not thrilled for Ryder? We all love the Big Newf!

5. Steiner says:

Look at that smile on Ryders face.
    It says it all!

6. Blitzen says:

Now try and bottle up the neutral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

7. Rugger says:

RYDER RYDER RYDER

8. Mattee. says:

MICHAEL FRIGGIN RYDER! HAHAHAHA AND THE FANS LOVE HIM!

I Heart “System.”

9. Keith says:

Good start! GOAL!!! Saku set it up!

10. gohabzzzz says:

AWESOME!!!!!

11. PattyBoy31 says:

I’m wondering the same, I’m trying here: http://www.channelsurfing.net/ but its not loading for me, its US only I think

12. HabsProf says:

Can anyone tell me who isn’t better with more talented linemates?

GL may have 11 goals now but he only has 2 assists. Not trying to criticize him, but someone with those types of stats clearly needs someone to set him up.

13. PattyBoy31 says:

Well I’m listening via NHL.com because my stupid satelitte (american) isn’t covering it. But….we’re getting starchoice + RDS soon :)

Anyways, good we scored, was it another bang in?

14. Ed says:

Gui Gui Gui Gui Gui Gui. How many goals did Lafleur score at ages 19 & 20?

15. Blitzen says:

What a friggin key goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

16. Mattee. says:

GOAL GOAL GOAL!

I Heart “System.”

17. Habs-Kat says:

Gui! Gui! Gui!

18. GrimJim says:

Oh God, not the flu again. Don’t they get those frigging shots?

19. mcLovin says:

socpast. google it. u need the sopcast player and a pc.

20. Ian G Cobb says:

Sure hope they keep the same lines, just to see if we can build some chemistry. Watch for Ryder to start having better flow with these two linemates.

Hope Huet stayes between the pipes and does not try to handle the puck more than he is capable of. This team will be on him a lot quicker behind the net.

D has to make first pass out crisp, this squad picks off 1st passes out of the zone best in the league.

We can play with these guys no problem ! If we stay out of the box and move it out of our end with speed. Should be a good one!!

21. gohabzzzz says:

where can I catch the game online for free?

22. Habs-Kat says:

Thats what I think will take to break the Panthers.

23. Ed says:

In 2006-07, Montreal’s PP was 1st in the league at 22.8%, with 86 PPG & 6 SHGA. This year it is 3rd at 23.3%, with 40 PPG & only 1 SHGA. It continues to clip along, & 2 obvious reasons are the play of Kovalev & Markov. Their scoring %’s this year are 18.0% & 16.1% respectively. Last year they were 9.1% (Kovalev) & 4.7% (Markov). What a difference a year makes.

The PK has slipped from 13th last year at 83.5%, with 69 PPGA & 17 SHG, to 24th this year at 79.7%, with 31 PPGA & 4 SHG. This is an area that needs to be improved.

24. Blitzen says:

How about we try to make them lose their cool by slamming a few of them in the boards early on? Tell Lats, Laps, Komi, Kosto and O’Byrne to go to town early. Come on…soften up Jokinen a little. That would certainly be more fun than watching the Habs trying to go through the neutral zone…

That or just pretend you’re dumping the puck and slap it in a Panthers’ gut.

Dear Lord…I just know this will be a borefest.

25. Keith says:

Looking forward to an exciting game…er…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not the G .D Panthers and Jack Martin’s smothering, like being smothered in honey defensive system? So much for it being exciting. GO HABS GO!!!

26. PattyBoy31 says:

maybe Ryder but I think it’d kill Huets confidence and put price in a LOSE/LOSE in the shootout. I miss the Hat-trick against Toronto ryder :(

27. The Teacher says:

ad nauseum ad nauseum

28. doogie says:

Ok, here’s the radical move- take out Huet out for the shootout and put Price in. He covers the bottom of the net so well and, considering Huet’s groin, Price moves better and faster laterally across the crease.

Put Ryder on the shootout list, at least he “shoots” rather than “dekes” Can you imagine how his confidence would go up if he netted one in the S.O.!!

C’mon boys, big effort tonight!

29. DYCSoccer17 says:

Is it me, or does Saku get the flu several times every year? I think this is the second time this year that he has had the “flu”, although he didn’t miss any games the first time.

Him and Rivet are notorious for not being able to stay healthy. After enough years of this, one has to think that hygeine is playing a part…

Here’s to a thrilling 0-0 tie!

30. JB_15 says:

Florida played well last night, and we came out totally flat against Tampa. First period will set the tempo. We got lucky on more than 1 goal last night, and I hope the team is focused. A win against the panthers is going to be harder to come by than against Tampa, and the team cant look as lazy as they did at the start of the previous match. Here’s to an opening 5 minutes of skating hard.

31. Higgins21 says:

So Saku has the flu? Chipper will be in for sure.

Trackbacks for this post