Finally, a laugher

But they’re cryin’ in the Nation’s Capital.

What a horrible team.

And they’ve quit on their coach.

1. zak says:

In the Calgary paper the goalie Backland was also aware of Gionta coming down the left wing so he was anticipating a pass. He also said that P.K. made a great shot. Cudos to all involved.

2. Matt_in_TO says:

I hope White is playing tonight and knocks the crap out of Neil.

- In Price We Trust

3. Robert L says:

Forsberg is not subject to waivers as he did not play in the Euro or KHL this season.

4. Hockey Socks says:

I see a strong resemblance between the Senators and the Leafs. Both had dominant, Cup-contending teams with some star players, but both put their stock in aging vets in an effort to keep winning instead of placing their stock in smart drafting and development.

I see the Kovalev and Gonchar signings to be like the Jason Allison and Eric Lindros signings in Toronto’s dramatic crash. Alfredsson seems to be going the way of Mats Sundin too.

5. OneTimer says:

Longest-standing members, huh? I seem to remember a ban in the springtime…also, you prefer Timo to my “inane, personal insults”, that’s fair enough, but tell me, what does that clown bring to this site?

EDIT: anyways dude, my beef’s not with you. I’ll let it go now. Let’s watch the game, go Habs go!

6. CHsam says:

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but the boys need to take THE SYSTEM to Alfred F. and his Murray’s sorry sack of crap team. Goaltending, defense, smart passing, skating, and for the love of Boone- people infront of the net.

Looks like the Bulldogs are here. North American Grit. I bet Habs Prof is beside himself.

7. Bill says:

I can’t believe Max is even considering playing. Rib injuries are incredibly painful … I bruised mine once and was on the couch for days popping codeine (good times). Skating and playing at full speed? He is one tough hombre. But he shouldn’t go. Everyone knows he’s hurting and he’s just a big target out there. One slam into the boards or a dirty butt-end or cross-check and he’ll be on the shelf.

8. RJB says:

Saku Koivu press conference in Montreal, Elliotte Friedman tweets “I’ve never seen Koivu this emotional in a media setting”

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” – Bilbo Baggins

9. Bill says:

Yeah, but I like AK already … one of the few fans of his I think.

10. andrewberkshire says:

Carrie Underwood… meh. Not my type.

11. petrov14 says:

Oh no, not Martin F. Brodeur……..wait……who the hell is MIKE Brodeur?????

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

When you say “resurgence” do you mean going from playling like a $500K contract at best to perhaps being worth about 1.5-2 mil? That kind of resurgence?

13. zak says:

got the players mixed up

14. Shiloh says:

I agree with you about AK – even on nights when he wasn’t involved offensively he’s been skating and hitting. Speaking of kids and their favourite players, my almost 9-year old grandson loved Zednick. When Zed was traded he asked me what team he went to. Then he told his Dad he was going to cheer for the Capitals now on.

15. punkster says:

Exactly!

16. ProHabs says:

I agree. And also I was looking at the list of NHL rookie all stars that are going to be at the game this year and didn’t even recognize half the names. Subban doesn’t make the team and I bet Subban is the only rookie playing 25 minutes a game this year. If race doesn’t explain him not being included, then what is the reason.

17. JIMVINNY says:

You mean Karlsson?  Henrik Karlsson in the back-up netminder in Calgary.  Mikael Backlund is a rookie forward for the Flames.

18. king ddd says:

Lmao! i just watched last night’s antichambre. Tony marinaro is badass. hes there against 3 french dudes from RDS. He says ” Ryan White is the futur max lapierre, hes gonna do the same thing but better.” all of a sudden all the french guys get offended.  that was awesome

19. OneTimer says:

If Timo counts as a First Rounder in the draft of bitter, negative Habs “fans”, I guess you’d qualify as a 3rd or 4th-rounder throw-in…you want in on this deal?

20. Bill says:

Well, I find him pretty funny myself. And I just don’t like to see people attacking other posters without provocation. Okay, peace, consider it gone, game is off to a great start.

21. C3P1 says:

that’s what hockey is about, I remember staying up late to watch when I was (less of) a kid.  kudos

22. C3P1 says:

okay guys, he goes home to carrie underwood every night.  NOW this discussion is over

_________________________________________________

23. andrewberkshire says:

Mike Fisher has topped 50 points ONCE in 11 NHL seasons while recieving top 6 minutes and PP time in nearly every season. He’s overrated as all hell because he’s the only Senator in team history who could forecheck effectively. He’s a 3rd line center on a good team. No team in this league is so desperate for a 4 million dollar 3rd line center that they’d give up a first rounder AND a prospect. NOW its the end of discussion.

24. Wencz says:

Are rookies selected by the league?

25. ProHabs says:

Don’t kid yourself, every team in the league would be talking to the Sens if Fisher became available. The more teams that want him, the higher the price goes. It probably would take a first round prospect. Maybe Fisher is not worth that but it probably would be the market value for him. End of discussion.

26. OneTimer says:

Can we ship you out, Timo? What team wouldn’t want an ultra-negative ‘fan’ like you?

Would they take Gomez and his charming personality?

28. king ddd says:

i know, but i doub the sens would just give fisher to us

29. andrewberkshire says:

For a career 3rd line center getting paid 4 million a year? Please…

30. Propwash says:

It’s why I see these “Molson should call out the officiating!!!!!!!1!” rants, and roll my eyes. All it will do is cost him money, not worth it for him.

31. Propwash says:

So, now we know what happens when a coach or gm complains about the reffing. The thing is, nothing will change after this incident.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

32. king ddd says:

probably first rd, tinordi or leblanc *+

33. Bill says:

I would love to have Fisher. How much would it cost?

34. Bill says:

That article is BS. People are so scared to admit that racism exists. Well it DOES. Other rookies hit other players, celebrate goals, and chirp. I haven’t heard a word about them. What is different about PK that people take notice? Hmm … let me think.

35. Matt_in_TO says:

I figured Lombardi would have been fined more but I guess the league realizes the officials screwed the pooch on the call.

- In Price We Trust

36. twilighthours says:

I want to hear the Professor call out for more veteran youth.

37. Bill says:

Letting my little boy stay up late to watch the game, hope the Habs put on a good show for him. He is a seven year old goalie who worships Carey Price. I myself am concerned that the Habs won’t be up for a road game against a crappy team. Still enjoying Gomez’s resurgence and emotion. Hoping for big things from AK46, who I maintain has been having a good year.

38. PeterD says:

If the habs think this is a gimme game we are toast…that seems to happen when we play lower level teams like (close your eyes) the Leafs, and Islanders.  I never understand or accept how we seem to rise to the challenge against the stronger teams but fall flat against the poor teams.

39. Mike MacPhee says:

I agreed that the article, except for the glib rejection of the racism aspect.  The author clearly indicates that Evander Kane and Wayne Simmonds don’t get the same abuse because they play according to the mandated script.  The Buffalo player who scored the winning goal against the Habs made the same gesture as PK  and no one talks about it.  No one. Deep-seated racism is a factor here, and people better wake up and realise that they’re holding PK to a standard that other players are not held to. It’s time to stand up for PK.  The whole discussion needs to end.  Let him be who he is – an immensely talented young player who is and will be, a star for a long time.  No more questions about his celebration; no more tolerance for players who hypocritically talk about respect.  Respect is letting people be themselves.   Nuff said.

40. Wencz says:

Gillis states that “you can forget the idea that Subban’s race is playing a part” [in the criticisms towards him].  I wonder.  For instance, I took a look at some of the game winning goal celebrations by Taylor Hall this year … they are very, very similar to Subban’s from the other night.  Not a peep.

To make his point about race, Gillis refers to how Kane and Simmonds don’t elicit the same type of reaction as does Subban.  Maybe what that means is that while it’s ok for a black man to play in the NHL, the truth is that its only OK if he plays the game a certain way.  I might be wrong.

But I think it’s wrong to so quickly dismiss the issue of race as at least one factor that is playing a role.

41. Mike MacPhee says:

Nuff said.

42. Bill says:

Wow, you are still going on. All I did was object to you attacking one of the longest-standing members of the site. And actually, all I really objected to was you using the plural pronoun, implying that you speak for everyone., which you clearly do not. So then you just attack someone else? Smarten up, speak for yourself, and try posting opinions about hockey instead of personal attacks. If that is possible. I’ll gladly take Timo’s “negative” hockey thoughts over your inane, personal insults.

43. SeriousFan09 says:

A pity Lombardi based his rant on suspected bias by Mike Murphy rather than what it was, general incompetence of the league on managing strong officiating, without consequences for calling bad games. Only conspiracy in the NHL is that they’re set up to sweep all controversy under the rug and perform hatchet jobs on anyone who questions status quo.

44. CHsam says:

Nubile and Gentile ? maybe ?

45. Mike Boone says:

Do you suppose the Great Antonio said that because he knew the other panelists would gang-tackle him?

46. christophor says:

Why puff daddy when p diddy works perfectly with the letters?

47. BoomBoomMax says:

Hey Mr Boone, here is a possible nick name for the Pouliot-Desharnais-Darche line… P-D-D ——> The Puff Daddy Line. I know, I know…

48. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I think your comment with your tagline sums it up perfectly for me. Was it an $8,000,000 pass? No. Am I happy with the start that Gomez has had to this season? No. But seriously, is it so hard to give him credit for anything? It wasn’t a highlight for the ages, it was a nice play that led to a great shot, and a winning goal. I say nice job, boys.

49. GrimJim says:

Boone,

Don’t worry about Forsberg. The way the league is going, if the Avs sign him, he’ll be picked off waivers by Phoenix…

50. TheMostCupsPeriod says:

Careful OneTimer, I’ve learned that these are “true” fans……

Pick apart the team daily, yet pretend to be fans…true fan!

51. likehoy says:

white’s not that much smaller 6’0 200lbs to 6’1 210lbs

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

52. likehoy says:

so when Gomez skated the puck into the zone, slowed down to have the dmen back off of him and create 20 feet of space, to fake a slapshop with a no look pass to subban means nothing?

I forgot hockey was an individual sport.

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

53. WarHero says:

That PK article was a great read, thank you Mr. Boone!

So … the Sens feel good about having Brodeur in the pipes and Slowvalev back in the line-up …. it’s their D they should really be worrying about. They have been so pourous as of late.

54. habs001 says:

ottawa played on the road last night so would should be able to win this game. our road record is poor as we are 21st in the nhl in road points.

55. punkster says:

OMG. Someone mentioned this down below. Habs-Professor must be simply giddy with excitement at the number of Dawgs in the lineup now. NAG indeed. We’re not going to be able to keep him down if the team goes on a winning streak.

56. JIMVINNY says:

Neil dwarfs White.  Regardless of what their stats say.  White is nowhere near Neil’s fight class.

57. olematelot says:

Sorry, but it was a good play, he gained the line and then made a nice delay to allow PK to get into position for the pass. Smart play

58. Chuck says:

Conversely, RetroMikey must be on meds considering how much talent has been raided from his beloved Bulldogs.  :)

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

59. JIMVINNY says:

I’m kind of hoping Max doesn’t play.  This is one of those games where grit matters more than scoring, so having White in the line-up would be better, I think.  Besides, if Max does play, I could see him taking a hit early, and then not playing for the rest of the game anyways.

60. notbigbird says:

I hope we can keep on discussing this for a long time.

61. joeybarrie says:

You are clueless. You have obviously never played any kind of team competitive sports. Gomez’ play is the reason PK had time and space to score. PK had the talent to score. GREAT TEAM EFFORT.

Good block by the Def. and great play to get it to Gomez.

Gomez brough the puck in perfectly to give himeself two options, and Gomez faked towards a shot or pass to the left. He froze the def and did it with simple positioning and movement.

But then again, I would expect you to have seen these things. By the way, if it was any other player on the team, such as Pyatt or Moen, do you think the def would have given him such room. Its a good thing the professional players on the other team know how good Gomez is, and what he can do when he has the puck. But then again I guess you think its a co-incidence that our team beat Wash and Pitts, and they only did it cause Cammi and Halak were hot…

Let me clue you into something…. The guy who score…… He needs someone to give him the puck, why do you think they count BOTH assists????

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

62. Habsrule1 says:

Anyone going to the game? I’ll be in section 118.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

63. StevieRay says:

There is no way in hell that Gomez made a great play to get the pass to PK as been stated by some . There was at least 20 feet of open ice between Gomez and the defender .. PK was open .. a no brainer play ..great goal by PK ..

Gomez needs to thank PK since it was Gomez’s only point in the last 5 games ..nuff said !

64. StevieRay says:

exactly .. I hope they just let White play his ame .. theer is no need for him to acept Nel’s challege if it occurs .. white is a tough hombre ..correct .. but he’s not a heavyweight and should stay out of that stuff .. maybe just “pick on some one his own size ” If he plays like Darche .. go to teh corners , go to the net , fight for the puck .win battles along the wall .. he’ll be just fine .. but don’t ruin the kid so soon by having him think he can duke it with the Big Guys ..

65. Matt_in_TO says:

If it were the playoffs is a no brainer but I agree he should rest up tonight.  Nice to see him putting the team first though and I’m sure he’s got medical clearance.

- In Price We Trust

66. SeriousFan09 says:

Unless someone gave Forsberg some bionic legs, this is going nowhere, like his last 3 comeback attempts. Absolutely magnificent player but his body could not withstand his playing style.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

67. twilighthours says:

Oh PK this, PK that.

People either get it or they don’t: He will soon be the best Canadiens’ defenseman since Chris Chelios.

68. New says:

Watching Gonchar stand indecisively frozen in last years playoffs was I suspect enough for the Pens. He is skilled though. Kovalev despite his detractors can turn it on if he feels like showing people how good he still is. Alfredsson can draw penalties without incurring the diving penalty – why, who knows, but he still can. If those three decide to play it would be a long night for the opponent. The problem is that you can’t guess when they will decide to do that.  They are here playing for the money, nothing else.

69. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Since Gomez isn’t scoring goals, isn’t it his job to make nice passes to set up goals? I mean what are we paying the guy for? His great post game quips to Dave and Pat?

70. Danno says:

I love the way he rubs his fingers and thumbs together in a gesture of greed for the Mise au Jeu commercial

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

71. Fisher……13G 8A -12 77Hits 896:16TOI $4.2M
  72. Kostitsyn..12G 13A +9 86Hits 720:29TOI $3.25M
  • WarHero says:

Agreed …. if only they invented the bionic foot …

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67’s Live Blog & Facebook

• Shiloh says:

These kinds of games make me nervous. Ottawa has nothing to lose – if they suck, it’s expected.

• Gormdog says:

The NAG movement! Had nearly forgotten…

• Fansincebirth says:

funny, me and all my little Sens fans coworkers were talking about that today and the general concensus is he’s gone before the all-star game…..their words, not mine

• SeriousFan09 says:

Bulldogs romping Conneticut Whale 7-3, D Brendon Nash with 1G, 3A, C Ben Maxwell with 2G, 1A and RW Aaron Palushaj with 1G, 1A. C Gabriel Dumont with 1A to break an 8-game pointless streak but was ejected with a boarding major, D Brett Festerling has an assist, RW Alexander Avtsin has his 4th assist in his last 5 games, but D Mathieu Carle is without a point tonight.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• habsfaninboston says:

He looked good on that PP.

• JIMVINNY says:

And Kovalev goes offside on a 5 on 3 PP.  What a shocker.

• Larry says:

What a class guy Koivu is. Hab for life in my books.

• t1tan5 says:

That’s some pinpoint shooting by AK. What an angle!

• habsfaninboston says:

Wow!  AK from a tough angle.

• Mark C says:

This is a real good line right now, love what Eller adds to Pleks and Ak47.

• Danno says:

Oh Brother Andrei! There art thou!

• C3P1 says:

just imagine how awful it would feel if the bell centre cheered when jonas gustavsson made a save…ugh

• C3P1 says:

OLAYYY, OLAYOLAYOLAY

• JasonM says:

Hey Boone, the site terribly slow tonight. In case you didn’t know. :)

• Chuck says:
    “A post, a wide-open net, and two 2-on-1’s.It could be 6-1 by now. But it ain’t.”
    I stand corrected.
  • MathMan says:

At 6-1, they may start setting up Pleks for the hatty (you can’t jinx a hat trick right?)

• Danno says:

Habs are sitting the catbird seat.

• SUMO says:

It would be nice to see one of the call-ups score or Gill or Weber. These guys haven’t popped one yet.

• Rugger says:

I have a theory – the guys are trying extra hard on offense so that the puck goes into the net before it gets out to Wiz to shoot.

• Clay4bc says:

You just can’t teach that kind of commitment. Lucky for us he opted for the home-town discount. Too bad that I missed the 5th goal because the gov’t here strangles the Internet periodically.

• FormalWare says:

Pleky’s a class act, and should be an All-Star. But ONLY Saku is Saku.

• Larry says:

I hate to say it because I am not a violent man but Chris Lee has a face you just want to punch.

• andrewberkshire says:

The ref in close was Lee, the far out ref was Auger. Both refs are among the worst at their profession in the NHL.

• olematelot says:

Probably got beat up a lot as a kid

• andrewberkshire says:

You’d think with how badly Ottawa is getting outplayed that they’d be called for all the interference, guess not. Gill had to bowl over a guy to chase the puck.

• JIMVINNY says:

And here we go with the penalty parade.  Um, where was the hook?

• Clay4bc says:

I love Pleks diving to stop a pass at the blue-line in a 5-1 game. He never quits. Great player to have on this team. Kind of reminds me of Koivu in terms of heart.

• olematelot says:

nope, Auger

• 134 says:

Dang. And I just ate all the wings… I hope I don’t end up throwing them up

• Bugs says:

Friggin Poolio’s gonna make a maniac outta me. He INSISTS on feathering the nice pass to Darche instead of RIPPIN IT… Good golly, SHOOOOOT, ya sunavabastich; nevermind Darche!

• andrewberkshire says:

Reminds me a lot of Koivu as well. Beauty play at the end of a period.

• JasonM says:

Ok, SONDAGE…. as well all know… seems like Heatley won his bet on parachuting out of Ottawa…. so… when willl Cluston get fired? I say he’s gone before the all-star game.

• Da Hema says:

Would provide some extra motivation instead of Wiz scoring by driving the puck right through you.

Wiz must lower those shots.

• JasonM says:

Man is the defence of Ottawa TERRIBLE

• Larry says:

Habs have to tread lightly here. I have a bad feeling some pecker head is going to try to go after a key guy and take him out. Subban or Gionta

• Rugger says:

About 10:30 tonight?

• HFX-HabFan says:

I love how the ref right in front of Gill doesn’t call it, yet the guy miles away seems to think it’s an infraction.  It was Lee, wasn’t it?

• JVF says:

I know he’s small, I know he’s not the fastest, but I love the smarts & the heart DD brings to the team. We need that. And I think he can be great with Pleks on the PP.

• JasonM says:

Nice save Price

• petrov14 says:

Koivu “I was asked if I expect to get a standing ovation and I said I don’t know,” he said. “(But) the way they treated me and the support that I got, I should be the one standing at the red line and applauding for them and giving a standing ovation for the fans. They’ve surprised me often over the years, so, getting a really positive, overwhelming reaction tomorrow would obviously feel good, and that would not surprise because that’s happened before too.”

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

• Sheldon says:

The “truth” don’t mean squat in this age bro. Your efforts to refute it just prove the converse. “There may be other bums I wipe, but mine is ..”

• SensFanSpezza says:

Fortunately, nobody here has long-term memory.  If they did, they’d all be lurking in corners with red faces.

• joeybarrie says:

Has that been a good rule for you to live by, When someone says your wrong it must mean you are right…. Sounds like you use it all the time.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• joeybarrie says:

I would suggest that you get facts instead of hearsay. ESPECIALLY when you have been a member for only 28 weeks, and we dropped Kovy ALOT LONGER THAN THAT…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• Sheldon says:

Dude was sporting some serious “Kovy” wood from what I’ve been told.

• joeybarrie says:

Who TOLD you that on a blog????

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• joeybarrie says:

You have me confused with someone else… Again, I said I like him, and of course i loved him on our team. But I was not one of his biggest supporters.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• kempie says:

He’s worth it.

• habstrinifan says:

Nice!

• habstrinifan says:

Do I see a trend developing? Young players are ‘taking over the team’. Finally!

Desharnis is surprisIng me. Wanna see him play lots and against the Phillys and Bostons. If he keeps getting more and more comfortable I think we gonna have a clone of one of my favourite past habs… P Mondou. Mondou was silkier and didnt have to scrum like Desharnis does but they both have nice puck handling. I think Desharnis is faster than Mondou was but then again Mondou was so smooth he did everything effortlessly.

• Danno says:

Clouston. We have a problem…

• Sheldon says:

Beating the the Sens is merely a testament to “genderhood!

• HardHabits says:
    1st Point
    If I want to write a paragraph I should be able to. Why must I twist and turn so that I may? Is this a philosophical question?

2nd Point
    The Habs were great tonight.
  • SHUTTemDOWN says:

Expected the Sens to be in dire straits…Philly hangover. But such domination?

I felt oddly at ease watching this game…  kind of, this is too easy.

Must say though; Me likes!

All seemed involved considering the circumstances.

Goals were well executed w/precision passing… WOW

What’s with all the broken sticks? Max P could’ve made it a season high 8… They must go through a ton.

Why do players like these so much? Weight? Flex???

• HFX-HabFan says:

I hope he takes #6 (worn in Belleville in junior) when Spacek leaves in the summer of ’12.

• OneTimer says:

can’t tell if serious…but if you are…we’re in 2011 here, what do jersey numbers have to do with it? What do the numbers 99, 66 and 87 make you think of?

• Robert L says:

Players aren’t given a choice of numbers. Most new players joining the team are stuck with their training camp digits until they merit better, or have put in enough to time to ask for a better available one.

I could see P.K. in #27!

• scrowe21 says:

Dumbest post I’ve read in awhile. You’re probably joking though…. ?

• HFX-HabFan says:

This should favour us as the game wears on; the Sens’ fatigue will catch up to them by the third.

• HardHabits says:

Not a bad game. 2-0 and it looked like a rout. Ottawa scores and builds momentum. Game on. Good end to end hockey. Two periods to go. Kudos to MaxPac for playing hurt.

• OneTimer says:

So the Sens really took it to us after their goal. But you know what, at least this push-back is happening now, and not in the third period. I hope Martin addresses this in his locker room speech, and the Habs come out flying in the 2nd.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Typical panic by Habs when they’re scored against while holding a lead.

• Mike Boone says:

You are not wrong.

• win4ce says:

Not the same Ryan White I saw in preseason

• JVF says:

Is it just me or does Engqvist seem a little slow?

Giooooooooooooo!

Nice feed by Gomer.

• Keith says:

GIOOOOOOOO!!! Breaks the drought!

• Mark C says:

Another outstanding pass by Gomez, placed in the only area Gionta could have scored from.

• Danno says:

And yet another gigantic goal by our tiny giant. Giiiiiiiiiiooooooooooonnnnnntttttaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Clay4bc says:

Yeah, because one good pass justifies the highest salary ever paid to a player on this team.

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

• OneTimer says:

ha ha ha, I’m not a huge fan of the salary either, but hate on, hater

• OneTimer says:

we’ve got a game folks!

• Mark C says:

Why did Gill go that high in the O-zone? He has to pass that man off to Gomez.

• C3P1 says:

CA-REY! — 74

• HFX-HabFan says:

I’m thinking Regin and Eller have a bet going for this game: whoever is on the losing team owes the other guy a tin of those Danish butter cookies that only ever seem to be available around Christmas time.

• RGM says:

Ever since that Kelly goal the momentum has totally changed – this was on its way to being a complete romp. Brodeur can’t stop a beach ball but we have had no shots since the second goal!

• Chuck says:

A post, a wide-open net, and two 2-on-1’s.

It could be 6-1 by now. But it ain’t.

• JVF says:

Silly goal. Silly way to let a team that’s totally out of it back into the game.

(Sigh)

Can there be no easy ones anymore? Ever?

• JIMVINNY says:

Geez.  Seems like one team thought this was going to be a cakewalk.

• bigdave says:

Spacek and Webber together again?

• HFX-HabFan says:

Double post.  But it might have been that funny.

• Clay4bc says:

Game links for the needy…

__________________________

• olematelot says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t they been together for quite some time

• olematelot says:

Sloppy, sloopy,sloppy

• olematelot says:

Gotta get their feet moving, Ottawa has been the better team

• Danno says:

It’s never that easy with this team. You just know the missed chances are going to bite us in the you-know-where

• habsfaninboston says:

Also a 4 on 2 and Wiz missed the net.

• bigdave says:

Boone you sure?

• JVF says:

I’m watching Center Ice and coming from Denis Potvin, I don’t know what’s more painful — His bodychecks of yore or his color commentary now.

• JIMVINNY says:

That’s how to start a period.

• OneTimer says:

man I really hate Gomez, eh guys?

• notbigbird says:

Let me be the first to say it and save a bunch of guys the trouble. That was a very ordinary pass by Gomez, and he’s sure not worth $8mln.

• OneTimer says:

what’s done is done, let it go… I for one am happy to have Gomez on the team. Hater!

• Clay4bc says:

You’re right – I will let it go. It’s pointless to argue with a child, as all you do is engage in name-calling instead of putting forth a rational argument. Good day to you.

• Chuck says:

You’ll let it go… but not until you get your last licks in, right?

• Clay4bc says:

I’m fairly certain that you don’t grasp the meaning of the word “hate”. Funny how you call me a “hater” though. I do not “hate” Gomez at all. Quite like him, actually. I just think he is vastly overpaid, and the money he makes could be used (much) better elsewhere.

• punkster says:

Hmmm. Beer + girlfriend + Habs = on pace for a fun night!

• Habhopeful says:

I hate neil, but noone deserves a stick to the eye

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

• Fire_Laraque says:

What the hell??? ATDHE isn’t workin??? anyone has another one?

• Habnofear says:

he only gets points when he play the Habs!

• andrewberkshire says:

Two of the worst refs in the NHL working this game… great.

Chris F Lee. We’re done.

• Aybara says:

Does anyone have a link for the game?

• HFX-HabFan says:

Looks like I’m stuck with the Ottawa announcers (Dean Brown with Denis Potvin, not Garry Galley…didn’t Potvin used to be the colour guy for the Florida Panthers?)

• Trenton_Romulox says:

Pouliot!

Edit: And that pass from Darche deserves some props.

• C3P1 says:

sens announcers calling max pac pouliot…noobs — 74

• OneTimer says:

BOOM! goes the dynamite!!

• andrewberkshire says:

Kovalev only has 18 points this year? ouch.

• Keith says:

Let’s go before the blizzard takes off the cable.

• andrewberkshire says:

Welcome back Pouliot! And Bugs must be goin’ nuts!

• win4ce says:

White and Enqvist look very similar out there, getting confused

• JIMVINNY says:

This Brodeur certainly isn’t a hab-killer….

• HFX-HabFan says:

Yeah. It sucks for Ottawa these days.  Got their butts handed to them on all sides of the scoreboard last night, and it looks like they’re in for a long night tonight.

• Keith says:

Almost another one! GO HABS GO!!!

• punkster says:

If that was Gomez and not Max this place would be livid. But how does Brodeur save those?

• olematelot says:

huh, I didn’t see a broken stick till after the whistle, he disguised it well

• JIMVINNY says:

It broke on the shot he fanned on.  You could see it on the replay.  He then shot the puck again, with the broken stick, and then finished breaking the stick after the play was dead.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Great feed from Darche.  Love how the Ottawa games always have huge contingents of Montreal fans.

• joeybarrie says:

POU POU POULIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    WHATS UP BUGS????????????
    There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• punkster says:

Poo Poo Pouliot!

Antichambre has found a new messiah.

• Keith says:

POULIOOOOOOOT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• habs4ever2894 says:

did anyone else just see JM show emotion? wow.

• Trenton_Romulox says:

Mike Brodeur is looking like Marty Brodeur out there.

• C3P1 says:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE — 74

• andrewberkshire says:

WOOOOOOO!!!!!! What a start!!!

• punkster says:

HA!

• Danno says:

Oh yes! Flush those Senaturds! Plecky worth every penny!

• JIMVINNY says:

Patches probably deserves a penalty for playing that puck with a broken stick….

• habsfaninboston says:

Good start. Let’s hope they keep it up this time.

• JasonM says:

Pacioretty is actually LAUGHING at the show Neil provided on that high stick.

• olematelot says:

It wasn’t an act, the stick caught him in the eye area, I doubt Patches was laughing about that

• Da Hema says:

One would think if any player on Ottawa would fake an injury to get an early shower it would be Loafalev.

• Chuck says:

He rolled around on the ice and went to the room for not even being cut?! Loser.

• Clay4bc says:

Say what you like about Neil, but he’s not a diver. He has many poor qualities as a player, but that isn’t one of them. He’s hurt if he’s doing that.

• MikeL says:

Looks like it actually hit his eyeball.

• habsfaninboston says:

Max Pac. Thank you for coming back so soon.

• Propwash says:

PATCHES!!!!!!

• RGM says:

Methinks Bryan Murray’s going to be putting up a want ad tomorrow morning.

• Danno says:

Patches the Brodeur killer!

• habstrinifan says:

I think they did it with less gusto/fanfare, which was nice… to show some respect for Ottawa. All good athletes are like that… you empathise with the opponent’s players’ when they have had as bad a night as Ottawa’s did.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’m also willing to put money on the fact Cherry doesn’t mention the Bruins.

• larisalapointe says:

Unfortunately Larry, you missed it!

• Matt_in_TO says:

I don’t think Gomez high-fived PK when he skated by the bench….

- In Price We Trust

Now that was a SHOT!!!

Another goal by not-an-all-star Subban

• Danno says:

A converted touchdown is a nice amount of goals.

Ellllllllllliiiiiiiiiooooootttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! Ellllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiooooootttttttt!!!!!!!!

• Propwash says:

PK overdid the stick twirl.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

How much you wanna bet Cherry chastizes Montreal tomorrow for running up the score?

Great save by Elliot.

• Danno says:

Save some goals for tomorrow night guys!

• punkster says:

Can we play these guys more? Please?

• oshawahabsfan says:

Way to go Eller dont take any of their sore loser shit

• Samovich says:

In Ottawa Dean Brown, their play by play man sounds like Bob Uker In ” Major League” !!!

• FormalWare says:

Did I just hear Brunet conclude a sentence with “…avec le ‘Bye-Bye’ au Bryan Murray, apres cet match”, or something to that effect? This could, indeed, be that straw…

• Danno says:

Whew! WE WIN YET ANOTHER NAIL-BITER!

• 134 says:

And the chicken wings are now well digested.

• Chuck says:

The guys owe Price a shutout.

• Larry says:

Do Subban and Price only do the triple low five at home? Or did I miss it?

• Propwash says:

Anybody still wanna fire Gauthier? I hear Cory Clouston is looking for a job.

• SUMO says:

Make it 8!!! Get one more!

• FormalWare says:

Gotta say it, if Mr. Boone won’t: Benny is playing like his hair is on fire!

• MathMan says:

One more goal and they’ll have scored 4 on each goalie. Ouch.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

So what are the loser’s gonna criticize PK about tonight? Not celebrating enough after his goal?

• Bill says:

Ooh, this is glorious.

• Danno says:

Nobody cares what he says anymore.

• punkster says:

What the heck was that about? Our Mr. Gill is getting a reputation out there.

• JIMVINNY says:

I bet that that sequence was nothing more than GIll coming to PK’s defence.

• JasonM says:

Putting Gill with Subban is a good combo. I know his contract ends at the end of the season. If he keeps this up and shows brilliance in the playoffs, he should get another contract. Perhaps for 1y

• olematelot says:

they’ll say he doesn’t care anymore

• Chuck says:

You mean like the Bruins did the other night?

Subbang!

• Propwash says:

PK PK PK PK PK PK

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

• punkster says:

Damn…he used the big windup. Oh well, maybe it’ll work for him now. Good one!

• JVF says:

The Senators have turned into a pathetic organization — Three Russians killed them.

First, Yashin, then Kovalev and Gonchar.

• JasonM says:

Love how Free Wings was provided by the midway point of the game. That doesn’t happen a whole lot does it.

• Chuck says:

Pleks is kinda good.

• rogieshan says:

I like Price, but I voted for Plekanec as team MVP at midway point. Here’s a guy who is living up to his contract.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Should see more minutes for our grinders as tonight goes on; save our big guns’ legs for the Ducks game tomorrow.

• Propwash says:

Boone, do you think Ottawa’s problems echo the issues the Habs had under Carbo?

Neil is such a douche.

• nick says:

Was that Neil who cross checked MaxPac from behind?

• olematelot says:

I still vote Price, Pleks close second

• C3P1 says:

the fact that he got blasted by the flyers last night may have had something to do with it haha

• Da Hema says:

Fall off the bike, get back up I say!

• Bill says:

Woooooo!!

• B says:

Elliot has lost 10 games in a row.

• Propwash says:

YAAAY PLECKYYYY!

• Keith says:

I hope that buries the Turds! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pleky!!!!

• Matt_in_TO says:

Yep, he doesn’t deserve to go to the all-star game….

- In Price We Trust

• joeybarrie says:

Best part is this Ottawa announcer along with Potvin was saying how happy he was that they did such a great job responding to the goals against last night, and now you can see how they respond after the Habs score the first two….

YEAH, I can see that 130 penalty minutes after losing 6-2 is GREAT…. And look how great they are answering tonight…. WHAT A DOUCHE.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• Keith says:

Nice to have the lead but just DO NOT back off now. Still lots of hockey left to play.

• C3P1 says:

see max pac on the bench after? “that was a bad goal.” haha oh patches you tell ‘em

• Mark C says:

Another nice move and pass by Gomez, he’s having a great game. Nice job of re-grouping the team by JM.

• OneTimer says:

exactly. let’s see if the Habs have actuall learned anything from being in this position in the past

• doogmac says:

winchester is no goon. i wouldnt even call him an agitator.

• Da Hema says:

I wonder why Brodeur started in the first place. Elliot, it seems to me, has played well in the past against us.

• B says:

Hamilton 3 at Connecticut 3 in the 2nd. A goal and 2 assists for Nash.

• JVF says:

OK, how bout we score the next one this time? And then, POUR IT ON!!!!

• Bill says:

That’s what you want to see after they let the Sens back into it.

• 134 says:

Seriously, I can never relax with this team.. I’m still nervous even it is 4-1

• HFX-HabFan says:

White could be our Cal Clutterbuck in a few years.

• andrewberkshire says:

I really love it when our fans boo teams in their home arena. I also REALLY love Plekanec!!!!!!

• habsfaninboston says:

Pleks!  Worth every penny.

FREE WINGS!!!

Plecky worth every penny!

• Da Hema says:

Hmm. One would think the poor f*cker would be due for a win then!

• HFX-HabFan says:

Ottawa is dog tired.  You know Neil will try taking runs at anyone and everyone, as long as they’re not the same size as him.

• SensFanSpezza says:

Hey!  Stop slagging Juha Lind!

• Sheldon says:

That may be true, but this organization has no problems parting with the Benjamins. I don’t give a RAD how Gomez plays, its just not right pulling down Lafleur coin with Juha Lind output. That shit is wrong by God!!!

• SensFanSpezza says:

According to their season average, the Habs won’t score again until after the All Star game.

• SensFanSpezza says:

Don’t know about that.  Saku’s crying at coming home.  Maybe he’s your guy.

• Sheldon says:

He’s tan! He’s rested! He’s ready! Yes, your newest (retread) Hab is Sergei Samsinov!

• Sheldon says:

Nah. In horseracing Saks is a loser. I love him but he ain’t gonna even show at the Belmont!

• JIMVINNY says:

they’ve already started trying to goon it up.  That was called interference, but it was really a totally late, totally unnecessary hit.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Expect to see Neil’s fat pouty face trying to stir stuff up the rest of the night.

Not that I miss him, but is that pesky embarassment to hockey (Ruutu) not in the lineup tonight?

• Propwash says:

Doolys looks like a rocking place. On pace to shut down in the near future I’d bet.

• Sheldon says:

Really?, Kovy offered tonight’s crowd the promise of hockey genius  and in the past you were one of his biggest supporters. Would you like to edit prior posts?

• joeybarrie says:

Kovalev with almost 17 minutes of ice time and 4 of them on the PP, ZERO shots.

I like him, but im not missing him. We have Kove Lite in AK anyways…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• Gormdog says:

It feels weird saying this but… I’m happy JM is our coach!

If we had a run and gun coach and style of play, these injuries would be far more decimating than they have been so far. Complain all you want about a boring system but Jacques is able to plug in quite a few “low talent” players into his system and still keeps his team playing better than .500 hockey.

I wish the Habs had a more aggressive style… I really do… But all that dissapears when i have to choose between losing 6-4 or winning 2-1…

• PeterD says:

I agree with you on this…I would prefer to have a run and gun style but we haven’t had the scoring finsihers to take that style seriously…we haven’t had a legitimate 50 goal scorer in a long time…no Lafeur, Gretzky, Kurri, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby, etc…So with the lack of goal finishers we need to take the scoring when we can get it and play defensive shutdown hockey in order to win.  I have to think even if we had Scotty Bowman (arguably the one of the greatest coaches we ever had) was our coach he would adopt a defensive style as well given the players we have on our roaster.

Having said that I still really love the flat out end to end play we see from time to time…just wish we could bury a few during thoise short periods of exciting hockey.

I wonder somtimes what we would look like as a team if Scotty Bowman was our GM for the past 10 years?

• xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

the canadiens are a character team. when one player goes down, there is always someone who steps up and helps the team to press on. i think the team just has to keep playing as a team and they will be able to take on ottawa no problem.

• ZepFan2 says:

I looked quickly at your post and read…V.P. of League Oops. lol

• solomio says:

You guys see where the league fined LA Kings VP Lombardi 50 grand for calling out the V.P. of League Ops ( Mike Murphy ) for a disallowed goal?

Murphy used to play for Kings and when he applied for their GM position got turned down for the job.

Think there might be a conflict of interest there?

You know I may just agree with you who question the motives of the leadership of the NHL. It may very well be rotting from the inside out.

• B says:

A change of scenery can make a difference. Wisniewski was -18 for the Islanders, since then he has 10 points in 10 games and is a -1 for the Habs.

• Captain aHab says:

I would take a couple of these minus guys on the Habs…I think they’ve just had it with losing and need a fresh start.

• ooder says:

50 grand for saying his mind and just saying the truth..

what a joke.. pathetic bush league.. complete turn off…

i am sooo pissed about this

apparently hitting someone in the head with their stick is cheaper then venting some frustration

——————

88 is the new 23

• Larry says:

I have a hard time believing that below .500 stat. They must have had some horrible losing years from 1909 to 1940 because every era from 1940 to the mid 90s they were, with rare exceptions, near the top of the league year in year out.

• Mark C says:

That stat must be only road games.

• Wamsley01 says:

Seasons: 93 (1917-18 to 2010-11)

Record (W-L-T-OL): 3086-2004-837-76 (7085 Points)

• JIMVINNY says:

Yeah, something’s missing from that sentence.  Considering the Habs have played something like 6000 games in their history, those numbers don’t make sense.

• Bill says:

First?!

• JIMVINNY says:

That was an ugly, ugly, ugly shift.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Apparently the Blue Jays have unloaded Vernon Wells’ mammoth contract; gives me hope that there could be a taker out there for Gomez.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Not the best time to discuss it but three more years with Gomez? No thanks.

• StevieRay says:

Money mighht be tight especially if Price has another year and 1/2 like he’s having.. he might want 6-7 mil a year … we might not have room Gomez …

• StevieRay says:

• HFX-HabFan says:

Engqvist…c’mon man, you could have taken 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 34, 36, 37, etc.  Why such an ugly high number?

Here’s hoping White switches from his previously-worn 53 to 25.

• ProHabs says:

Man when you take a high ugly number like that, you are pretty well telling management that you don’t want to be in Montreal for a long time.

• JIMVINNY says:

Here’s hoping people realize this ins’t the 50’s, and the number on the back of the jersey is a method of identifying a player from a distance, nothing more.

Fuddle Duddle!

• Propwash says:

I’m on pace to head out to pick up my girlfriend in 1/2 hour. After that, I’m on pace to get some beer after, and watch the game.

• punkster says:

Oh great. The “on pace for” discussion again. Just what is Carbo on pace for at this particular moment?

• C3P1 says:

god damn it…miss one at one end, give one up on the other — 74

LOL.  Sarcasm.

• JIMVINNY says:

Well we’re missing one of our top goal scorers, and our TWO best defencemen.  The pity party’s that way.

• Da Hema says:

It is fitting a poster with a Spezza avatar would whine and snivel–just like the actual player. No offence buddy, but would you mind at least changing your avatar if you must grace us with your presence? Jason Spezza is puke personified.

• SensFanSpezza says:

Well that wasn’t very sporting, with the Sens best player out.  And one of their top defensemen too.

• Sheldon says:

It’s not like the gladiator dude opened the tilt. God, hope the Habs haven’t wasted two weeks worth of goals on these geezers.

• solomio says:

And lets remember, before this game gets underway, that it is,imo, up to the coaches to get the team motivated, focused and up for this game. It is an important game. If the Habs come out soft and lackadaisical we’ll know who hasn’t done their job…and vice versa.

• Robert L says:

Gimme a break! This isn’t some Hollywood movie. The players shouldn’t need a coach to motivate them in the NHL.

• punkster says:

So does this mean you’re not trashing JM tonight?

• christophor says:

Yup, neither Gionta, Cammy, or Andrei were on it at all for the first third of the season.

• Josh says:

40 points in 52 games for Gomez isn’t bad. The first 30 games shouldn’t be counted because Martin destroyed his line by having Sniper Moen on it for as long as he was.

• habs001 says:

finally easily beating a bad and tired team …we should be doing more of this…auld could have played but it was an easy night for price…the 3 players we need for playoff success ak46,maxpac and pouliot looked good…i would keep white in the line up for sat game…

• SHUTTemDOWN says:

34 shots; Easy?

Confidence in Auld- zero.

Confidence in Carey- Priceless.

• JIMVINNY says:

Wow.  Betrand actually defended Koivu.  Wonders never cease.

• Propwash says:

Dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!

• JIMVINNY says:

I was all ready to start screaming at the screen, and apparently so was Boone.  Changed his original comment, though.  Bertrand must have shocked him too.

• HFX-HabFan says:

It just irks me having guys wearing football-type numbers when there are lots of lower numbers available.  I guess you could call me old school, though I’m likely younger than you by a few years.

• JIMVINNY says:

I get that, I really do, but on a team like Montreal, that has been around for so long, most of those lower numbers have at least some history attached, if they aren’t already retired.  If this were Nashville or Atlanta I’d agree, but for a new player on the Habs, he risks a lot less picking a rarely or never used number.

• Trenton_Romulox says:

I hate to be THAT guy, but there’s a good reason to use wooden sticks. Hang in there, Pacioretty, you’ll get ‘em next time.

• Habnofear says:

It’s Blow-Out time………………………………………………………………………..

• t1tan5 says:

When it’s Plek on a 2 v 1, I know he’s going to pass and when it’s Gio, I know he’s going to shoot.

• Trenton_Romulox says:

Well that changes things a bit. Horrendous defence. Why the hell was it Gionta back there? Subban and Gill both going after the same area and doing nothing, fantastic.

• avatar_58 says:

Where would White go? Sit Pyatt/Darche?

• GrimJim says:

On the other thread, one of the reporters said that White would play if MaxPax can’t, so I would guess that Pouliot moves up to the Gomez line and White slots into the Desi line. so AK-Pleks-Eller, Gio-Gom-Pou, Darche-Desi-White, Pyatt-Enq-Moen

Or if you don’t want to break up the 50s line chemistry, put White right in with GG

• Bill says:

Ugh, figured that would happen after they missed those three glorious chances in a row. Lucky they had such an awesome start … can’t go to sleep against these guys.

• t1tan5 says:

Can’t hang that one on Price. What a defensive collapse that was.

• DearyLeary says:

I hope none of the Habs are feeling this is a gimme, like a lot of the people commenting the last couple of games seem to believe.  After getting spanked most teams come out with some real bite to their game, and we’ve been known to have soft games from time to time, especially away from home.

• 24 Cups says:

Ottawa’s stat page.  And you think we have trouble scoring goals.

• PeterD says:

Remember Wiz was – 18 when he came on board…I wouldn’t mind picking up Mike Fisher (- 14) or Phillips (- 20) for the playoff drive but would not want to ytouch Gonchar unless Ottawa were to pick up half his salary, but that ids very unlikely to happen unless they kick down to the AHL and then bring him back before the trade deadline…ain’t gonna happen.

• B says:

Fisher comes with 2 more seasons after this one at $4.2M per.

• JIMVINNY says:

Only one forward over 17 minutes (pleks), and only two d-men over 21 (Wiz and Hamr).  Perfect first game of a back to back.

• Fansincebirth says:

Clousten is going to pay the price for a bunch of lazy, over paid assholes

• Propwash says:

Price or Auld tonight?

• PeterD says:

I would say Auld tonight and Carey tommorrow at home…really would not be good if Auld gets the home start and chocks again.

• C3P1 says:

I would def say price.  he played unreal last game and he got his rest monday, he didnt really do anything when he played.  we need this game

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

• twocents says:

Key players down…

More points.

• punkster says:

Odd isn’t it? Or is it?

Good teams have leaders who fill the void and secondary guys who will step up when needed. Interesting team we have here.

• Larry says:

Ottawa has never really been a sports town and i think if the Sens are not winning and not trendy they are going to have a heck of a time filling those seats going forward.

• Fansincebirth says:

This city (Ottawa) absolutely blows when it comes to sports which is one of the main reasons I can’t stand the Sens. The fan base are nothing but a bunch of arrogant, no nothing assholes who used to cheer for someone else. They are the epitomy of bandwagon fans and live for the moment.

• JIMVINNY says:

Pleks will never be a Selke candidate until he learns how to win faceoffs.  He can be absolutely terrible in the circle.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Neil the big man, going after Gomez.

• t1tan5 says:

Random fact: our road record is 11-11-1.

• habs001 says:

before this game that was only good for 21th in road points…we improve on this stat =excellent shot at division win

• JIMVINNY says:

Weak goal, but I’ll take it.

Anyone else getting 504 gateway errors on a regular basis?

All the time.

• notbigbird says:

How come some teams can never seem to find a good goalie to save their lives? How come the Habs always seem to have good goaltending?

• Rugger says:

Okay Wiz, now hit him on the other side with a slapper.  And maybe hit Eller too.

• FormalWare says:

HAR! Love the way you think, Rugger!

• joeybarrie says:

Did you see the guy cheering for the Habs in the Sens jersey on our 6th or 7th goal???

Thats the stuff i hate, when you give up on your team and start cheering for the opposition. Kinda like alot of people did in 1993 when the Nordiques went up 2-0 on the Habs.

• Da Hema says:

What kind of a coward pussy hits a guy in Pacioretty’s state (especially since everyone knows what happened to him). I hope the Habs score 15 goals against Ottawa.

• C3P1 says:

what a doosher

• Gormdog says:

Ironically we would probably have more francophones!

• habsfaninboston says:

No goal on that PP but that was some great puck movement.

• Larry says:

I do feel a bit bad for Clouston. He looked like he wanted to cry there at the end. They have indeed quit on him.

• Habnofear says:

Max Pacs is in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JIMVINNY says:

Unfortunate, but if anybody deserves it…

• HFX-HabFan says:

Gomez with two helpers halfway through the game.

• Da Hema says:

Heaven’s Sake! I hope Neil isn’t hurt!! What would Ottawa do!!!

• HFX-HabFan says:

MaxPac ensuring that Neil doesn’t pull any crap.

• FormalWare says:

Gotta work on that shot, Lars. Right now, it’s Either hard Or accurate.

• JasonM says:

Well he WAS laughing, I saw it and I don’t care if it’s an act or not. I found the rolls amusing as well.

• JIMVINNY says:

Should have been a penalty there.  Pouliot got hooked for sure.  But they get the one on Moen.

• habsfaninboston says:

Good confidence builder with the injuries we have.

• habsfaninboston says:

Good to see White respond.

• oshawahabsfan says:

Nice to see the team trying to score goals for once, rather than sitting on a lead.

• C3P1 says:

will we see auld in the third?

• Chuck says:

Man, that was a pretty weak-assed call.

• JIMVINNY says:

That was inevitable.  No way we were going to get through two entire periods without a Chris Lee call.

Weak call on Gill.