Finally, a laugher

But they’re cryin’ in the Nation’s Capital.

What a horrible team.

And they’ve quit on their coach.

1. ProHabs says:

Don’t kid yourself, every team in the league would be talking to the Sens if Fisher became available. The more teams that want him, the higher the price goes. It probably would take a first round prospect. Maybe Fisher is not worth that but it probably would be the market value for him. End of discussion.

Would they take Gomez and his charming personality?

3. king ddd says:

i know, but i doub the sens would just give fisher to us

4. andrewberkshire says:

For a career 3rd line center getting paid 4 million a year? Please…

5. Propwash says:

It’s why I see these “Molson should call out the officiating!!!!!!!1!” rants, and roll my eyes. All it will do is cost him money, not worth it for him.

6. king ddd says:

probably first rd, tinordi or leblanc *+

7. Bill says:

I would love to have Fisher. How much would it cost?

Full Breezer 4 Life

8. Bill says:

That article is BS. People are so scared to admit that racism exists. Well it DOES. Other rookies hit other players, celebrate goals, and chirp. I haven’t heard a word about them. What is different about PK that people take notice? Hmm … let me think.

Full Breezer 4 Life

9. Matt_in_TO says:

I figured Lombardi would have been fined more but I guess the league realizes the officials screwed the pooch on the call.

– In Price We Trust

10. twilighthours says:

I want to hear the Professor call out for more veteran youth.

11. Bill says:

Letting my little boy stay up late to watch the game, hope the Habs put on a good show for him. He is a seven year old goalie who worships Carey Price. I myself am concerned that the Habs won’t be up for a road game against a crappy team. Still enjoying Gomez’s resurgence and emotion. Hoping for big things from AK46, who I maintain has been having a good year.

Full Breezer 4 Life

12. Mike MacPhee says:

I agreed that the article, except for the glib rejection of the racism aspect.  The author clearly indicates that Evander Kane and Wayne Simmonds don’t get the same abuse because they play according to the mandated script.  The Buffalo player who scored the winning goal against the Habs made the same gesture as PK  and no one talks about it.  No one. Deep-seated racism is a factor here, and people better wake up and realise that they’re holding PK to a standard that other players are not held to. It’s time to stand up for PK.  The whole discussion needs to end.  Let him be who he is – an immensely talented young player who is and will be, a star for a long time.  No more questions about his celebration; no more tolerance for players who hypocritically talk about respect.  Respect is letting people be themselves.   Nuff said.

13. Wencz says:

Gillis states that “you can forget the idea that Subban’s race is playing a part” [in the criticisms towards him].  I wonder.  For instance, I took a look at some of the game winning goal celebrations by Taylor Hall this year … they are very, very similar to Subban’s from the other night.  Not a peep.

To make his point about race, Gillis refers to how Kane and Simmonds don’t elicit the same type of reaction as does Subban.  Maybe what that means is that while it’s ok for a black man to play in the NHL, the truth is that its only OK if he plays the game a certain way.  I might be wrong.

But I think it’s wrong to so quickly dismiss the issue of race as at least one factor that is playing a role.

14. SeriousFan09 says:

A pity Lombardi based his rant on suspected bias by Mike Murphy rather than what it was, general incompetence of the league on managing strong officiating, without consequences for calling bad games. Only conspiracy in the NHL is that they’re set up to sweep all controversy under the rug and perform hatchet jobs on anyone who questions status quo.

15. christophor says:

Why puff daddy when p diddy works perfectly with the letters?

16. GrimJim says:

Boone,

Don’t worry about Forsberg. The way the league is going, if the Avs sign him, he’ll be picked off waivers by Phoenix…

17. WarHero says:

That PK article was a great read, thank you Mr. Boone!

So … the Sens feel good about having Brodeur in the pipes and Slowvalev back in the line-up …. it’s their D they should really be worrying about. They have been so pourous as of late.

18. punkster says:

OMG. Someone mentioned this down below. Habs-Professor must be simply giddy with excitement at the number of Dawgs in the lineup now. NAG indeed. We’re not going to be able to keep him down if the team goes on a winning streak.

***Subbang!!!***

19. JIMVINNY says:

Neil dwarfs White.  Regardless of what their stats say.  White is nowhere near Neil’s fight class.

20. olematelot says:

Sorry, but it was a good play, he gained the line and then made a nice delay to allow PK to get into position for the pass. Smart play

21. JIMVINNY says:

I’m kind of hoping Max doesn’t play.  This is one of those games where grit matters more than scoring, so having White in the line-up would be better, I think.  Besides, if Max does play, I could see him taking a hit early, and then not playing for the rest of the game anyways.

22. joeybarrie says:

You are clueless. You have obviously never played any kind of team competitive sports. Gomez’ play is the reason PK had time and space to score. PK had the talent to score. GREAT TEAM EFFORT.

Good block by the Def. and great play to get it to Gomez.

Gomez brough the puck in perfectly to give himeself two options, and Gomez faked towards a shot or pass to the left. He froze the def and did it with simple positioning and movement.

But then again, I would expect you to have seen these things. By the way, if it was any other player on the team, such as Pyatt or Moen, do you think the def would have given him such room. Its a good thing the professional players on the other team know how good Gomez is, and what he can do when he has the puck. But then again I guess you think its a co-incidence that our team beat Wash and Pitts, and they only did it cause Cammi and Halak were hot…

Let me clue you into something…. The guy who score…… He needs someone to give him the puck, why do you think they count BOTH assists????

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

23. StevieRay says:

There is no way in hell that Gomez made a great play to get the pass to PK as been stated by some . There was at least 20 feet of open ice between Gomez and the defender .. PK was open .. a no brainer play ..great goal by PK ..

Gomez needs to thank PK since it was Gomez’s only point in the last 5 games ..nuff said !

24. StevieRay says:

exactly .. I hope they just let White play his ame .. theer is no need for him to acept Nel’s challege if it occurs .. white is a tough hombre ..correct .. but he’s not a heavyweight and should stay out of that stuff .. maybe just “pick on some one his own size ” If he plays like Darche .. go to teh corners , go to the net , fight for the puck .win battles along the wall .. he’ll be just fine .. but don’t ruin the kid so soon by having him think he can duke it with the Big Guys ..

25. twilighthours says:

Oh PK this, PK that.

People either get it or they don’t: He will soon be the best Canadiens’ defenseman since Chris Chelios.

26. Shiloh says:

These kinds of games make me nervous. Ottawa has nothing to lose – if they suck, it’s expected.

27. PeterD says:

Not going down the Gomez/PK trail today..man we wasted a lot of energy and bytes yesterday on that …time to let it rest and move on to tonights game.  Sorry if I annoyed anyone yesterday with my comments…no offense meant.

28. Matt_in_TO says:

White might not be big but he is one tough hombre.

– In Price We Trust

29. avatar_58 says:

….eh? White isn’t a big guy. Neil would eat him

30. Matt_in_TO says:

I hope White is playing tonight and knocks the crap out of Neil.

– In Price We Trust

31. Hockey Socks says:

I see a strong resemblance between the Senators and the Leafs. Both had dominant, Cup-contending teams with some star players, but both put their stock in aging vets in an effort to keep winning instead of placing their stock in smart drafting and development.

I see the Kovalev and Gonchar signings to be like the Jason Allison and Eric Lindros signings in Toronto’s dramatic crash. Alfredsson seems to be going the way of Mats Sundin too.

32. CHsam says:

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but the boys need to take THE SYSTEM to Alfred F. and his Murray’s sorry sack of crap team. Goaltending, defense, smart passing, skating, and for the love of Boone- people infront of the net.

Looks like the Bulldogs are here. North American Grit. I bet Habs Prof is beside himself.

33. BoomBoomMax says:

Hey Mr Boone, here is a possible nick name for the Pouliot-Desharnais-Darche line… P-D-D ——> The Puff Daddy Line. I know, I know…

34. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I think your comment with your tagline sums it up perfectly for me. Was it an $8,000,000 pass? No. Am I happy with the start that Gomez has had to this season? No. But seriously, is it so hard to give him credit for anything? It wasn’t a highlight for the ages, it was a nice play that led to a great shot, and a winning goal. I say nice job, boys.

35. likehoy says:

white’s not that much smaller 6’0 200lbs to 6’1 210lbs

– Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

36. likehoy says:

so when Gomez skated the puck into the zone, slowed down to have the dmen back off of him and create 20 feet of space, to fake a slapshop with a no look pass to subban means nothing?

I forgot hockey was an individual sport.

– Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

37. PeterD says:

If the habs think this is a gimme game we are toast…that seems to happen when we play lower level teams like (close your eyes) the Leafs, and Islanders.  I never understand or accept how we seem to rise to the challenge against the stronger teams but fall flat against the poor teams.

38. Gormdog says:

The NAG movement! Had nearly forgotten…

39. Bill says:

I can’t believe Max is even considering playing. Rib injuries are incredibly painful … I bruised mine once and was on the couch for days popping codeine (good times). Skating and playing at full speed? He is one tough hombre. But he shouldn’t go. Everyone knows he’s hurting and he’s just a big target out there. One slam into the boards or a dirty butt-end or cross-check and he’ll be on the shelf.

Full Breezer 4 Life

40. CHsam says:

Nubile and Gentile ? maybe ?

41. Matt_in_TO says:

If it were the playoffs is a no brainer but I agree he should rest up tonight.  Nice to see him putting the team first though and I’m sure he’s got medical clearance.

– In Price We Trust

42. habs001 says:

ottawa played on the road last night so would should be able to win this game. our road record is poor as we are 21st in the nhl in road points.

43. Habsrule1 says:

Anyone going to the game? I’ll be in section 118.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

44. New says:

Watching Gonchar stand indecisively frozen in last years playoffs was I suspect enough for the Pens. He is skilled though. Kovalev despite his detractors can turn it on if he feels like showing people how good he still is. Alfredsson can draw penalties without incurring the diving penalty – why, who knows, but he still can. If those three decide to play it would be a long night for the opponent. The problem is that you can’t guess when they will decide to do that.  They are here playing for the money, nothing else.

45. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Since Gomez isn’t scoring goals, isn’t it his job to make nice passes to set up goals? I mean what are we paying the guy for? His great post game quips to Dave and Pat?

46. Chuck says:

Conversely, RetroMikey must be on meds considering how much talent has been raided from his beloved Bulldogs.  :)

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

47. notbigbird says:

I hope we can keep on discussing this for a long time.

48. zak says:

In the Calgary paper the goalie Backland was also aware of Gionta coming down the left wing so he was anticipating a pass. He also said that P.K. made a great shot. Cudos to all involved.

49. SeriousFan09 says:

Unless someone gave Forsberg some bionic legs, this is going nowhere, like his last 3 comeback attempts. Absolutely magnificent player but his body could not withstand his playing style.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

50. WarHero says:

Agreed …. if only they invented the bionic foot …

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67’s Live Blog & Facebook

51. RJB says:

Saku Koivu press conference in Montreal, Elliotte Friedman tweets “I’ve never seen Koivu this emotional in a media setting”

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” – Bilbo Baggins

52. Robert L says:

Forsberg is not subject to waivers as he did not play in the Euro or KHL this season.

53. Mike MacPhee says:

Nuff said.

54. Propwash says:

So, now we know what happens when a coach or gm complains about the reffing. The thing is, nothing will change after this incident.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

55. petrov14 says:

Oh no, not Martin F. Brodeur……..wait……who the hell is MIKE Brodeur?????

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

When you say “resurgence” do you mean going from playling like a $500K contract at best to perhaps being worth about 1.5-2 mil? That kind of resurgence?

57. zak says:

got the players mixed up

58. Shiloh says:

I agree with you about AK – even on nights when he wasn’t involved offensively he’s been skating and hitting. Speaking of kids and their favourite players, my almost 9-year old grandson loved Zednick. When Zed was traded he asked me what team he went to. Then he told his Dad he was going to cheer for the Capitals now on.

59. punkster says:

Exactly!

***Subbang!!!***

60. ProHabs says:

I agree. And also I was looking at the list of NHL rookie all stars that are going to be at the game this year and didn’t even recognize half the names. Subban doesn’t make the team and I bet Subban is the only rookie playing 25 minutes a game this year. If race doesn’t explain him not being included, then what is the reason.

61. JIMVINNY says:

You mean Karlsson?  Henrik Karlsson in the back-up netminder in Calgary.  Mikael Backlund is a rookie forward for the Flames.

62. king ddd says:

Lmao! i just watched last night’s antichambre. Tony marinaro is badass. hes there against 3 french dudes from RDS. He says ” Ryan White is the futur max lapierre, hes gonna do the same thing but better.” all of a sudden all the french guys get offended.  that was awesome

63. OneTimer says:

Can we ship you out, Timo? What team wouldn’t want an ultra-negative ‘fan’ like you?

64. ProHabs says:

Open discussion. It has been proven over the years that there are alot of very stupid GM’s in this league. Trust me, one would give up a first round prospect for him if they think their team has a shot at the Stanley Cup. Every team is desperate for some scoring. 45-50 points from your 3rd line center is not bad at all. Remember that is what we are getting from our supposite 1st line center (and we will be lucky if he even gets that, at a price of 7.5 million). End of discussion part 2

65. punkster says:

Timo and a draft pick and we might…MIGHT…get crosby.

***Subbang!!!***

66. Bill says:

Who’s “we”? Did someone give you the job of speaking for the entire site? Somehow I doubt it.

Full Breezer 4 Life

67. OneTimer says:

As fans, it’d be nice to see some emotion from the coach and/or management sometimes. But maybe they just know (unlike us) that in the long run, it’s best to just keep your mouth shut and play…

68. Bill says:

Wow, you are still going on. All I did was object to you attacking one of the longest-standing members of the site. And actually, all I really objected to was you using the plural pronoun, implying that you speak for everyone., which you clearly do not. So then you just attack someone else? Smarten up, speak for yourself, and try posting opinions about hockey instead of personal attacks. If that is possible. I’ll gladly take Timo’s “negative” hockey thoughts over your inane, personal insults.

Full Breezer 4 Life

69. Mike Boone says:

Do you suppose the Great Antonio said that because he knew the other panelists would gang-tackle him?

70. TheMostCupsPeriod says:

Careful OneTimer, I’ve learned that these are “true” fans……

Pick apart the team daily, yet pretend to be fans…true fan!

71. Danno says:

I love the way he rubs his fingers and thumbs together in a gesture of greed for the Mise au Jeu commercial

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

72. Fisher……13G 8A -12 77Hits 896:16TOI $4.2M
  73. Kostitsyn..12G 13A +9 86Hits 720:29TOI $3.25M
  • OneTimer says:

Longest-standing members, huh? I seem to remember a ban in the springtime…also, you prefer Timo to my “inane, personal insults”, that’s fair enough, but tell me, what does that clown bring to this site?

EDIT: anyways dude, my beef’s not with you. I’ll let it go now. Let’s watch the game, go Habs go!

• Bill says:

Well, I find him pretty funny myself. And I just don’t like to see people attacking other posters without provocation. Okay, peace, consider it gone, game is off to a great start.

Full Breezer 4 Life