Liveblog: Boston 6 – Canadiens 3

PKBruins

Well, that was fugly.

And after battling back to an unlikely 3-3 tie, the home team conceded three unanswered goals in the third period.

The Canadiens went more than 12 minutes before registering their first shot of the game.

The Canadiend dressed four NHL defencemen – five if you count Jarred Tinordi – but the Bruins had a 40-30 shot advantage and kept the puck buzzing around Carey Price, who stopped 19 of 22 shots, and Robert Mayer, who was beaten three times on 18 shots.

The Canadiens outhit the Bruins 38-22, and Douglas Murray blocked six shots.

Jarome Iginla scored twice and had six SoG. No Canadien had more than two shots.

The Bruins scored on four of six power plays. The Canadiens were 2-for-7, including P.K. Subban’s laser during a 5-on-3.

The Canadiens will announce player cuts after the game.

•  •  •

Shout-out to an excellent broadcaster and a good man: Ted Bird.

My New Brunswick homeboy got the sack at TSN 690, where few of the surviving on-air “talent” are fit to shine the Birdman’s shoes.

Ted is too good to be out of action for long.

1. Sportfan says:

LOL at comment relating Malcom and AK

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

2. Harditya says:

Wow trolls are out in full force, since when were Stanley Cups won in pre-season? It’s a wonderful opportunity for kids to make a case for themselves. The record in pre-season is by no means an indication of how good or poor a team is, if that was the case then the Panthers should have won the cup in 2011, and Detroit would be going for a lottery pick. Jeez.

3. twilighthours says:

Last night’s game was a fun watch. This game, not so much.

4. The Dude says:

Looks like Subban’s gonna cost us this game.

5. TheDagger says:

Haven’t lost your jinx abilities over the summer Boone

6. habs1992 says:

Trolls are out in full force tonight SMH

I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

7. Sportfan says:

How many of us are liking DD?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

8. The Dude says:

Fournier with the Win over Mc Quaid ..yeah baby

9. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Wrestling’s supposed to be returning to the Olympics.

10. Danno says:

Unremarkable boxing demo

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

11. J.T. says:

McQuaid and Fournier…at the ballet. Everything was so beautiful at the ballet…

12. CharlieHodgeFan says:

This habs lineup tonight will never win the Stanley Cup.

Heh heh, gotta say negative and unintelligent things – it’s the fashion around here.

13. Alvin says:

Mike..that TSN morning show ( in Montreal ) with or without Mr. Bird is just terrible.
    Nobody there with a gift of intelligent gab, little if any sporting knowledge or insight, a terrible lack of professionalism and their collective dead air is a welcome relief.
    Mr Bird’s working there had to have been a real chore for him.
    No doubt he’s better off.

14. Bill says:

Haven’t been able to pay attention, but I would imagine that HIO is already starting to melt with the wrath of the anti-Price and DD factions, haha.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

It’s amazing. Technically, these games shouldn’t even be on TV. They are the start of training camp. I love watching them, but people have to see them for what they are.

Who’d have thought guys could play cold in a warm up game?

15. Old Bald Bird says:

I just realized how much I didn’t miss all the Price bashing over the summer.

16. db says:

DD is gonna have another tough year, I hope I’m wrong but if he does I don’t want to see briere and max dragged down…

17. Danno says:

Bold prediction – The game goes into overtime with nobody scoring.

Then a Subban vs Subban shootout decides the game.

Make it so…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

18. Habilis says:

I know it’s only preseason. I also know that Price is our best shot at wining this year. And I know that Mayer is slotted as the backup in Hamilton for a reason. So why does our 4th string goalie look so much better than our number 1?

I know that this game means nothing, but I honestly won’t have patience for a sub-par Price this season. With the Olympics on deck and what happened to end last season, with the contract he has, it’s go time for him. If he does struggle, I’m converting to a “Price Troll” full time. There, I said it.

Rant over.

• Kfourn says:

So you’re only on part time duty right now? Who do replace for full time troll….The Dude…well at least you can form sentences I suppose

_______________________________________________________
      Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

“It’s sad when our rookies have no NHL experience before they jump up to the NHL.” – nunacanadien

• Habilis says:

I’m honestly not. You can check my profile if you don’t believe me, Price is my favorite player. I was a goalie when I played and I have the utmost respect and admiration for anyone able to stand in front of those NHL missiles night after night.

But I am sick of waiting for Price to get to that next level. If the Habs are going to have any chance at a Cup in the next 5 years, he has to start playing to his potential. Now is the time for him to step up, IMO.

• Kfourn says:

It was a tongue in cheek comment mostly directed at the dude…sorry just a little testy with all the hotheads on tonight…I agree that Price didn’t look solid tonight though, but it’S pre-season best to just sit back and enjoy

_______________________________________________________

• L Elle says:

Price, usually, doesn’t look great in preseason. I’d be worried if he did.

Mayer is showcasing himself. But, worry, if you must. :)

• Habilis says:

True enough. I’m not really worried because I know how meaningless this game is, especially to an entrenched starter like Price.

I’m just ready for the good Price this season. Anything less will be disappointing in my eyes, both for the Habs and for the Olympic team. Because I truly believe that he’s the most talented Canadian goalie in the NHL right now, he just has to play like he can and prove it.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

The thing is, if you threaten to become a troll, no one cares. If you get frustrated with Price and shift your focus to other aspects of the game, maybe you bring something worth reading. Trolling is for kids. I’m going to try to focus on the young players, and close my eyes when things go badly in nets. I’ll open them when things go well, but I won’t discuss goaltending once the season starts. It’s my resolution.

I am going to try to avoid all comment on Price, either way. There is nothing more to be said, at least nothing original to be said. It gets tedious.

19. habs1992 says:

Price looked Terrible, DD is slow and small, not liking anything I see tonight, but hey. Its still 3-3 that is a positive.

I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

20. youngwun says:

One thing we can take from these last two games is that we have no problem scoring goals again like last year which is good to see.

21. scavanau says:

Very impressed with Mayer. Very composed.

22. Mad Habber says:

Haven’t seen much but Leblanc looks slow..

• Kfourn says:

Then you’re not looking very hard. Leblanc is one of the best forwards out there tonight.

_______________________________________________________

• scavanau says:

What game are you watching??

Edit: He has improved greatly

• Kfourn says:

The one where leblanc is controlling the play, solid along the boards and reading the play well…or do you not understand hockey?

_______________________________________________________

• Mark C says:

Would you say that while under oath?

23. Propwash says:

As much as I hate winter, I can’t wait to get out and start skating (badly) again and shoot pucks at the net.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• The Jackal says:

Winter is the best season! Hockey, football, the holidays, New Year’s, reading week, the super bowl, the Olympics….

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

24. PeterD says:

Liking … Lablanc – he’s getting involved and looked good on the PK.
    Also liking Deitz…looks good on the PP
    Not liking. ..Murray

25. Adidess says:

That Dietz kid has some skills

26. jrshabs1 says:

2P 1:02 That’s good to see: Lucic doesn’t scare Douglas Murray
    like it or not that’s why Murray is here….I like it.

Go Habs Go!!

27. zorro says:

Mayer looking good, Mayer looking better than Budaj ?
    May or may not be a back up.

28. The Dude says:

Mayer looks good man …better than PrimaDonnaPricey

29. Danno says:

Mayer looking good

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

30. DipsyDoodler says:

Are these refs also juniors?

31. Adidess says:

You know what? Tinordi needs to stay, sorry!

I am no scout but really think kid is ready

32. johnnylarue says:

Nice goal by the Patches/Briere/DD line, but I don’t know if I’m sold on Patches as a “designated shooter”.

The kid obviously knows how to put the puck in the net, but he strikes me as more of an opportunistic scorer as opposed to, say, a guy with a lethal wrist shot/one-timer/what have you.

33. Small_Town_Boy says:

This site has become putrid …

Dat’s wha me tinks

34. PeterD says:

Douglas Murray skaing like a zamboni.
    So how does MB move guys like him to make room for Tinordi?

35. Mark C says:

Really looks like LL has his mojo back.

36. jedimyrmidon says:

Loui Eriksson is also playing? No wonder the Bruins are dominating.

37. Adidess says:

What a save by Price, I mean Mayer

38. Hobie Hansen says:

Now that Briere, Desharnais to Pacioretty goal was a beaut!

39. HabSgt says:

Price suddenly looks great out there!

40. The Dude says:

Nice stop ..follows pick well !

41. D Mex says:

MaxPac wearing an “A” tonight – not Brière or other vets.

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

42. Ghosts of the Forum says:

New season, same Boone reverse jinx!

43. Bozo McBozo says:

Oscar makes the save!

44. Nina76 says:

Is this and indication of what to expect again this year…….PLEASE!!!!!
    THANK YOU RDS you are the only station I watch because this station is the only one that shows Habs games ALWAYS!!!! SEE GAME, LISTEN TO 690 Go Habs Go

45. Danno says:

I hope Mayer is Meilleur

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

46. habsfan0 says:

I think Daniel Briere will be a very pleasant surprise this year.

47. L Elle says:

Now the fun begins. Subban vs Subban. heh

48. Bozo McBozo says:

OK, new kicker. I would have pulled Carey too after tying the game!

49. Clay says:

Great goal!

__________________________
    ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

50. habsfaninboston says:

Sweet. The line clicked that time.

51. Danno says:

Tic-tac-toe!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

52. Mark C says:

Bad shot by the Tinman leading to that breakaway.

53. Bozo McBozo says:

Here we go again! Price is just spankin’ it!

54. habs1992 says:

3-3
    I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

55. Danno says:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: CHILL! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

56. crabvader says:

DD needs to do what he did to get the job in the first place: Tireless forecheck and puck control, no hesitation.

When he was coming up, he was hungry. Seems he’s lost that lustre.

We have depth at C… He better pull a rabbit out of his hat and soon. He’s someone the pre-season will kill.

57. kalevine says:

I used to pay no heed to pre-season stench but the one that began in pre-season 2011-2012 lingered right thru the season

58. habs1992 says:

Why is this game the top headline on TSN.ca, it is preseason.

I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

59. Small_Town_Boy says:

So Boone, Price did not stop a cross ice one timer on a PP … LMFAO

Dat’s wha me tinks

60. ABHabsfan says:

What a short, quick wind-up and shot by PK. Big difference from the John Daly-esque wind-up from years past. It seems the best d-man in the league is now even better

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
    Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

61. habs1992 says:

This realignment does not help my faith in this team one bit. SMH.

I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

62. Bozo McBozo says:

Price better get his ass in gear and score!

63. crabvader says:

You have much to learn, young one.

PK to Malcolm.

64. Danno says:

Nice!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

65. Propwash says:

So a preseason game dictates how well the season is gonna go. I guess we should all pack it in and not watch the rest of the season.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

66. Small_Town_Boy says:

Price lets in a goal on a screen & all hell breaks lose ….

Dat’s wha me tinks

67. habs1992 says:

SIGH………… Gonna be a long year.

I support Carey Price
    “Habs Insider”

68. crabvader says:

I remember one pre-season, Price said to chill out when he played bad.

He had his best season as a Hab that year.

I’m no Price lover nor am I a hater. But reserve the freak out energy for the season.

69. jedimyrmidon says:

To be fair to the Habs, on average, their lineup is far, faaar less experienced than that of the Bruins. The Bruins brought a very good line in Iginla, Krejci and Lucic (the Habs are using Moen, White and Leblanc against them) and Thornton-Paille who are part of one of the best 4th lines.

70. The Jackal says:

Thank god it is the pre-season or many posters would be blowing a coronary by now.

71. Mr. Biter says:

I like Price but the second goal was badddd. However Bruin high sticks Bruin and Habs get a 4 min minor which led to the goal was a Chris Lee call.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

72. L Elle says:

I had really missed the Price Haters…not.

Where were some of you *cough*Clay*cough*The Dude*cough* last night when Fucale was déculottée by Grigorenko? ;)

73. Small_Town_Boy says:

Gorges needs to go. Useless he is!

Dat’s wha me tinks