Excellent!

The Canadiens chase Tomas Vokoun and Carey Price gets another shutout.

Too early to talk Vezina?

1. flanman says:

atdhe.me – lol that’s the new link.

2. Chorske says:

DOn’t give up. Broward County (Fort Lauderdale area) has some of the highest foreclosure rates in the USA. The housing in that area is actually pretty cheap.

3. OneTimer says:

2-0 Habs. Wisniewski, Plekanec (EN)

4. habsfan0 says:

“There’s a jellyfish and man o’ war warning in the ocean.”  “Check back later for live game blogging from a basement that is, sadly, about 1,300 miles north of Sunrise.”

Fortunately,Boone cleared out all the jellyfish & man o’ wars from his basement weeks ago.

5. TheDagger says:

Oh yeah? What if the Habs win 10-0 tonight and Cammy and AK both get 5 goals? What then? Ahhh

I kid, glad this is the end of the week for me.

6. _Habsoloutly_ says:

That game was awesome.  I was just up from the glass about 5 rows for that game.  When the Wiz scored the winning goal he came to the glass right in front of us and the team mobbed him, the crowd was going bonkers.  I had my sister and her husband at the game with me and they were freaking out at all the habs fans there.

7. SLYDER says:

Fearless Prediction: (check the team stats) If AK46 and Cammy both hit 20 goals by the end of the season the habs will be sitting in 5th. If AK46, Cammy, AND Benny hit 20 goals – 3rd.

8. Da Hema says:

You are indeed the Prince of princes!

9. andrewberkshire says:

Yet he still leads the team for points on the road. The problem is the Gomez line rarely produces, so opponents focus completely on Pleks on the road.

10. sidhu says:

Good luck, Tom!

You should ask Chris Higgins where the good places are to go out.

11. DearyLeary says:

Ferraro is awful.  He’s also a terrible colour commentary guy: he rambles on and on with little to no point.  He talks so much that you miss entire shifts of action from his partner calling the game.  In the end Ray’s not only wrong, but he hasn’t really said anything.

12. Antho says:

JMO – I like not having home advantage, it puts the pressure on the other team to win the first two games at home.

However, our reg. season stats suggest that home ice would be more favorable so we can get *another two many men penalty* sorry I mean the last change

13. hansolo says:

I saw last night’s Devils-Bolts game on NHL network this afternoon (even though I knew the result). It helps to see other teams play besides your own. One isn’t so emotionally involved. Watching that game today gives me a better feeling about JM’s “system.” I’m also looking at Gomez a bit more sympathetically… Vinnie has 36 points (admittedly in fewer games than Gomer). Gagne? 21 points in 45 games. The vaunted 1-3-1 forecheck either wasn’t there or didn’t do much against the Trap (which, by the way didn’t seem quite as boring today for some reason). MAB’s shooting percentage of 9.5% is at his career average, but his 21 shots in 9 games isn’t. Dominic Moore has 22 points but is -12.

It’s a small sample but I feel a little better now – i guess our coach and GM might, just might, know what they’re doing.  They certainly aren’t worse than average (probably better) and are probably doing the best they can with what they’ve got. Yzerman isn’t  yet the second coming of Sam Pollock, nor is Boucher on par with Scotty Bowman (although both obviously have potential).

So, does being calm and somewhat objective about your team lessen your status as a FAN?

14. SeriousFan09 says:

Our MVP forward Plekanec was also good on the road and home last year, this year with Gomez slumped and Pleks struggling to produce outside of the Bell Centre it’s been tough for the Top-6 generate any real offence.

15. Da Hema says:

Why are the Habs so bad on the road?

Two-word answer: last change.

What happens if Price scored more than Gomez?

17. MikeMcLaren says:

That’s only about 30 minutes or so from Sunrise… from what I heard they give out Panthers tickets at McDonald’s for free.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

18. Bill says:

Re: the Hindle article, I was just looking at the different stats for the Habs at home and on the road yesterday, and even beyond the W/L/OT record it’s pretty dramatic.

2.89 GPG at home, 2.27 GPG on the road.

+16 as a team at home, -12 on the road.

0.76 PPG per game at home, 0.63 on the road.

Special teams are +3 at home, 0 on the road. They’ve allowed 3 SHG on the road in 30 games, just one in 34 home games.

The only thing that’s not dramatically different is the goals against: 2.41 at home and 2.67 on the road. I mean, obviously that’s still worse, but 0.2 GPG against is not as bad the 0.6 GPG for difference on on offense.

Why are the Habs so bad on the road? It can’t just be the line-matching, can it? Obviously any team has a harder time on the road – travel, hotels, crowd support – but the Habs have more difficulty than the other playoff seeds.

Full Breezer 4 Life

19. Shiloh says:

Good luck!

20. Chorske says:

At the end of the month I am interviewing for a job in Fort Lauderdale (maybe 20 miles from Miami?). Pretty damned excited about it too.

21. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I was at the the NYE game in Sunrise. As a poster alluded to below, it was quite surreal. The crowd was excellent, lots of energy in the arena, and record setting attendance to boot.

The BankAtlantic Center is actually quite the venue, though there is something peculiar about wearing shorts amidst palm trees while walking into a hockey game from the parking lot. The smoke breaks on a beautiful, warm, greenery filled patio were also an experience. And HUGE beers for decent prices.

The amount of francophones was unreal, and for ever 1 U.S. license plate, there were at least 8 Québec plates, with some more from Ontario (I actually did a brief survey, cuz I’m lame like that). Perhaps to force them to survive, Bettman will rearrange divisions, have them play Boston, Buffalo, Toronto and the Habs a combined 12 games a year, ALL in winter. They might double their revenues….

It would be nice if they had their own fans, as they’re my preference of who should survive from the south and southwest. oH wELL !

22. jbroderi says:

Just a quick note about the trade deadline coverage on TSN.  Did anyone else feel that some of the panelists almost went out of their way to criticise Montreal, all but laughing at their chance to make any noise this year.

I’ll be the first to admit that Montreal isn’t cup favorites, and there are also glaring holes in their line-up that make a long play-off run less than likely.  What I don’t get is how the panel went on for hours about Richards to New York and never once really mentioned that the team is tanking big time. I think they pointed out montreal’s issues and forgot that other teams had them as well.  Before we give the cup to Kaberle and the Bruins, maybe we should realize that their scoring isn’t that special and they take dumb penalties.  Maybe the flyers are going to have trouble in nets as well, especially if they face a tough Miller or Ward in an 8 vs 1 match-up.  Do I even have to point out Tampas issues?? They gave up as many goals as they scored, yet they sit second.  Not really a juggernaut, but Brewer is Christ incarnate according to half the TSn panel.

I could go through the whole Eastern conference, but I am too lazy and no one will read the post anyway.  It just makes me so made when Pierre McTurd and the little short guy with really yellow teeth (ferraro) do nothing but rag on about Montreal’s issues, almost to the point of seeming vindictive.

What else should I expect??  Not much I guess, but the Habs will give whoever they play a tough series, and if they win, they will play another tough series, and so on..  The fact is, every team is close enough that a 3 game winning streak or losing streak can happen at any time to any teams.

T

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

23. zak says:

Last year Tampa didn’t make the playoffs, now they’re third in the conference

24. Habnofear says:

Stephen Hindel,so I’m guessing you work for Mr Gauthier…….

25. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

And in two years, they will be back to not making the playoffs. They have a two year window. No defense, no goalie solution beyone 1-2 years, and tons of money locked up on Lecavalier, Malone, Ohlund, and a good but aging St. Louis.

Also, Stamkos is an RFA this offseason. Wouldn’t wanna deal with the offer sheets coming in. Theyare built for short-term success, and a first round exit would be no surprise. They are this year’s Caps from last season.

26. jbroderi says:

He makes a few good points, but I think that even if they finished 3, they might only have one round of home ice advantage, which makes the point moot to a degree

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

27. darcy1 says:

totally agree.. but what else do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network?

Once the leafs miss the playoffs and we win around, we’ll be their sweethearts once again.

——————-
    ”If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever. ” Pat Foley (Blackhawks broadcaster)

28. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I was about 6 or 7 rows up directly behind Vokoun for that goal. Even caught it on HD video lol. Definitely lively. I love when we take over someone else’s arena. I have been to the Nassau Coliseum for the first Isles game this year, and all three games in Buffalo (i live in Niagara Falls, NY). Islanders game, of course, we owned that arena, which i liked for its crappiness, and even at HSBC I would say we had between a third and half the crowd.

Very cool to see it happen in Vancouver last week too. Might check out that late season game in Ottawa to see it again, makes me laugh.

29. DearyLeary says:

3rd best home record is nothing to turn your nose up at.

30. DearyLeary says:

They also have a Steven Stamkos who has another year in the NHL under his belt.  They also have a half decent keeper for the first time since Khabibulin.

31. DearyLeary says:

And I’d be the first one lining up to give an offer sheet up for Mr. Stamkos.  But rest assured, he will get signed by the Lightning, and it will be for a lot of money, and it will be long term.

32. mike g says:

Price will score his 1st career goal tonight.

Behind his net, comes out from the left side, shoots it over all 6 Pathers players, hits the inside of the right post and behind the red line.

4-2 Habs win.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

33. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I’m not doubting their ability to re-sign him, but with Lecavalier on the books with a NTC, that can wreak havoc for years to come. Imagine having about 30 mil locked up on 5 players, one of which is not close to being worth the money (Lecavalier), 2 age 35 or over (St. Louis and Ohlund), and 4 of them with a NTC of some sort (Vinny, St. Louis, Ohlund, Malone). Aside from Stamkos, I dont think I would pay those rates for any of them. St. Louis is worth it now, but in 2014-15? ehh

34. hansolo says:

I agree…and I also don’t get why there are almost spiteful about the Habs. You can’t please everyone….

35. Mr. Habs says:

I hope Pouliot & Pleks wake up & score tonight. DD is due for a goal as well.

36. DearyLeary says:

I believe Calgary and Vancouver will be the darlings.  And we’ll no doubt be hearing a lot about the successful reconstruction in Edmonton, as they tell us how the Senators will be modelling their new team on Edmonton’s.  We’ll hear all the good news about how Toronto was ‘truculent’ going into the end of the season, and missing the playoffs by a hair.

Montreal will still be the worst team in Canada, and nobody in their right mind could possibly think otherwise.

The worst part is that the Montreal media criticizes the team just as hard, the only difference is that they cheer when Montreal wins, the rest of Canada seems to groan every time we win a game: a reluctant ‘good for you’.

37. Antho says:

F*$% Auld he stands inside the red line, these points are crucial down the stretch Price FTW

38. Bill says:

Why does it affect them so much more than the other playoff-bound teams?

Full Breezer 4 Life

39. jbroderi says:

that little twerp ferraro bugs me so much!!  He acts like he has a clue, then looks over at mac T and Pierre to make sure that they approve of the message.

I think Duthie should get him some Crest white strips though.  I knew he was full of crap but I figured he’d know how to brush and floss.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

40. Antho says:

Don’t mind Pierre McGuru he was a complete garbage player and now hes even more of a complete garbage analyst and commentator, him, Glenn Healy and Al Strachan should go and host their own panel titled: *#$%heads who know nothing about hockey

41. jbroderi says:

It does seem strange, especially as last year the records home and away were similar.  I just hope they can make some adjustments before the play-offs on the road.

I think JM is a little wiser soemtimes then he looks, or then we make him out to be.  Last year, Halak beat the Capitals, but the Canadiens beat Pittsburgh.

Hopefully him, Pearn and Muller can have a nice bottle of Port and figure this bitch out.  I wanna get up to Montreal for a game this spring, but am only allowed from the wife if we make it to the second round!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

42. king ddd says:

LMAO! tony single handly make l’anti chambre watchable. on last night l’antichambre the other guys were talking about a team in Q city. and tony goes “ya in like 5 years” and piss off the ohter dudes. hahha

** Buck Fruins **

43. HabFanSince72 says:

And if Tony wasn’t  THE most ignorant sports personality in Montreal (PJ Stock is Howard Freaking Cossell next to him), his prediction would probably have some value.

44. Thenumber11 says:

If it really is bench issues, in terms of working with the second change, maybe that ties into the nonsense that is our league leading bench penalties.

Something is rotten in the habs bench area. Fix it dammit!

45. HabFanSince72 says:

Vinnie: 7.7M

Marty: 5.6M

Malone: 4.5M

Kubina: $3.9M

Ohlund: $3.6

That equals a little under 26. Stamkos will get 7M.

46. Mr.Hazard says:

Come on Habbies! Do your Papa G proud!

(It worked last time)

47. andrewberkshire says:

Anyone wants to watch something about the Habs turn on TSN2

48. Rugger says:

Pitt has won a grand total of 3 more road games, Wash & TB 2 more.  Only Boston and Philly above them have done a lot better on the road and Boston sucks at home.

49. Mr.Hazard says:

LOL Boone. Nice video. Also, I have that same towel right beside me.

50. Mr.Hazard says:

Do people still not know about ATDHE? lol there prob will be more links once the game starts.

51. HUDSONHAB says:

I dreamed of being a snowbird one day but the economy has been kicked so bad in the last 5yrs were I live, I won’t be retiring any time soon, let alone to FLA. :(

….Hab4life….

52. Antho says:

anyone have a link for tonight? p2p not broadcasting

53. Da Hema says:

But the playoff-bound teams are not all the same Bill. There is as much difference between the Philadelphias, Detroits and Vancouvers and the eighth-seeded teams as there is between the ninth-seeded and last teams in the conferences.

54. scrowe21 says:

Picard?????? WHY? Mara has been good, physical.. Weber has been good…I don’t get it…

55. kempie says:

I doubt that this will ever change. But, for me, it makes it that much sweeter when the Habs enjoy success, especially in playoffs. There’s nothing as satisfying as watching the looks on the faces of the McGuires, Cherrys and Healys as they struggle to choke down the shit tacos they’ve prepared for themselves. I love it.

56. Diriangen says:

<!– /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} –>

Nice one Booner… good phonetic imitation of Andrei.

Tonight’s a must win for the Habs!

I say Max Pacs gets a hat trick against the depleted Panthers.

Go Habs!

57. Rugger says:

Buff vs Car – hard to decide who to root for, guess anything that ends in regulation.

58. Clay4bc says:

If you think Pleks needs to “wake up”, you haven’t been watching.

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

59. kempie says:

Picard? Jesus Christ! sigh.

60. christophor says:

So if Atlanta somehow moves to Winnipeg, the suggestion is that Detroit moves into the East. Given that, it makes sense geographically that Detroit moves into the NE Division, Boston moves into the Atlantic, and NJ moves into the SE division to replace Atlanta.

61. flanman says:

http://www.atdhe.net – the replacement for the website with the similar name. it’s exactly the same.

62. forskis says:

5 goals each for Cammy and AK46 in 18 games?  I think it’ll take more than that to take 5th place.  For the record, I want the Habs to take 5th…I want to see a 1st round matchup against the Pens and let the grinder teams below them try to wear out the Eastern powers.  I think they can do it but the key game will be March 26th at home against the Caps.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

63. Antho says:

offtopic….damn the flyers are stacked

64. Wayne says:

Boone, there’s no other way of saying this. You’re a treasure.

65. Habs_love says:

“All I can say to the young players is, enjoy every moment of it. Just enjoy every moment of it.” – Lemieux

66. SeriousFan09 says:

Pleks is great at the Bell Centre this season, but the issue is he’s short on point production for road games.

67. Mr.Hazard says:

Actually…. You just game him/her the old link!

68. Shiloh says:

Maybe it’s just to get Picard a game. He probably shouldn’t sit for longer than two weeks.

69. Mike Boone says:

Can you believe I get paid for this s—?

70. Wayne says:

I know. It’s pretty sickening to see that. But, they’ve had pretty stacked teams before and hit the wall.

71. Wayne says:

Probably that and nothing else. Besides, if he poops it up, Martin knows how to bench players.

72. Kain292 says:

No. No I cannot.

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

73. OneTimer says:

If it makes you feel better, I’m around 34 years away from retirement :)

(but in my mind, I’m already there!)

74. Clay4bc says:

What happens if Darche scores more goals than Gomez?

Oh, wait…

__________________________

75. OneTimer says:

if they go cold he will, don’t doubt it for a second, but the good news is, it doesn’t look like that’s happening any time soon

76. Shiloh says:

I think he heard you.

77. andrewberkshire says:

Just puttin’ it out there.

78. Storm Man says:

I have G-Money turning the red light on before the end of the weekend.

79. Keith says:

The guys have alot of jump tonight. Now if JM could show a little emotion when a call doesn’t go our way…

80. andrewberkshire says:

Hal Gill is a +3 tonight. 1st star?

81. Bugs says:

Odds of Picard sittin next game.

Call’em.

I got 87 to 4.

82. Wayne says:

Those are big Kostitsyns… (bada Subboom)

83. Bugs says:

Nee, Peec-Meen talks like dees.

84. TomNickle says:

Why is Eller in the NHL?

Wow.  He’s a difference maker.

85. HabFanSince72 says:

Holy Moly the Panthers are bad.

86. Shiloh says:

Nice little exchange between AK and Eller. Do not split them up, Jacques.

87. CHsam says:

Max Pac getting dinged in the ribs and nuts for this net presence. Love it.

And ELLER + AK… good sh*t

88. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Turn them loose Jacques !! No sittin’ back …let ‘em play… ffs…!!

89. punkster says:

Star Trek:The Next Generation

Episode 43

Picard: Hmmm, 3-0 in the middle of the third quadrant. Uncharted territory. Launch a probe Commander Data.

90. TomNickle says:

You’re being nice.

91. Mr. Habs says:

Gill will score again before Poo Poo will

92. Mr. Habs says:

JM doesn’t want to run up the score on a bad team :)

93. Da Hema says:

I liked the euphemisms for Max-Pacs balls below. How about “he took one in the huevos!”

94. andrewberkshire says:

Is it just me or are zone clearances effortless tonight?

95. rut1212 says:

The D really have to get used to one of their players actually being in front of the night.

96. kempie says:

I take back all my moaning earlier about Picard in for Mara. He’s been very solid.

97. solomio says:

Yup Vinny noticed the same thing. About 4 attempted head shots against the Habs within a 5 minute span

98. The Teacher says:

Wow, indeed!

99. Mr. Habs says:

I hear ya Jim

100. OneTimer says:

a little top-heavy, but wow! O_O

101. andrewberkshire says:

I concur. I’d like to see us pop a few more too if only to boost some stats.

102. OneTimer says:

wordplay!

103. Mr. Habs says:

MEOW, Purrrrrrrrrrrrr

104. Bugs says:

He knows Jack Marty is gonna use the kids a lot tonight to test their mettle and that’ll leave him with less ice-time.

105. Da Hema says:

“No answer for Hordichuk?” Sure there is. Wrap him one on the wrist. He won’t be a dickhead after that.

106. kempie says:

Tonight I’m inspired to cast a vote.

107. JIMVINNY says:

He’s preparing for the inevitable third period turn-over which will spoil his ——- for the umpteeth time this year.  I don’t know why I can’t say it, because Pierre just did, but I won’t be blamed when it actually happens.

108. topher5468 says:

Nice turnover Gomer,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

109. Mr. Habs says:

Get some Florida hottie to rub them for you Maxy

110. andrewberkshire says:

Hahahaha.

111. samTHEman says:

3 goal lead. Cmon PK bring out your creative spinoramas and end-to-end rushes

112. RGM says:

It’s like watching a different person in the white jersey with the 46 on the back.

113. Da Hema says:

10 years and running….

114. punkster says:

60 minutes Andrew. 60 minutes.

115. Mr. Habs says:

Carey seems bored :)

116. topher5468 says:

They do Andrew but Fla is playing terribly right now, all kinds of turnovers. I think we are playing them at the perfect time, with all their chnages in all

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

117. Keith says:

Crazy Hab fan’s in Florida, keeping that team afloat.

118. topher5468 says:

Just no letting up, right Andrew, A full 60 would be awesome

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

119. punkster says:

Denise Milani?

120. andrewberkshire says:

I agree, but its nice to see the Habs own lesser competition for once, as opposed to the last game where we sat back and let Evander Kane shoot from whereever he wanted.

121. habaholic68NJ says:

It is so obvious that Pleks and Cammi need a big body.

122. JIMVINNY says:

I’m seeing a lot of jumping hits, elbows, and general dirty plays by the cats.  Pussies are showing their claws…

123. Shiloh says:

When AK plays like this, he’s a top-3 forward on almost any team.

124. Chuck says:

That would be cool.

125. MikeMcLaren says:

It’s great to see with the Canadiens up 3-0 and complete dominating against an admittedly depleted Panthers team that Timo’s posts are as insightful (or is that inciteful) as ever!

Oh wait, he’s not posting anything here right now?

The Habs *must* be winning.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

126. andrewberkshire says:

Indeed, JM has been making very good personnel decisions of late. I questioned the Picard move as well, but it seems to be working out great.

127. andrewberkshire says:

He took a couple shifts after and looked fine, just had to wait for the shooting pain to fade away I suppose.

128. Wayne says:

We’re leading right now so I’d say 2 max as well.

129. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

nice try by Gomez there

_____________________________ Know someone getting married in the Edmonton area or having a special occasion? Visit my dessert blog to order. http://www.fabulouslydeliciouscreations.blogspot.com/

130. zak says:

Heard the CLANG and thought it went off the post.

131. OneTimer says:

haha, dude got banned. good work mods!

132. Danno says:

Hey what happened to George Carlin?

133. CBrady12 says:

While I agree the guy was an idiot…I don’t understand how you can ban someone just for calling a shutout…Pretty strong on the censorship IMO

134. Da Hema says:

HIO is a fount of practical knowledge!

He went the way of the Newfie Dog/Cool Ice Price

136. JIMVINNY says:

Beauty.

JM couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag.

138. Da Hema says:

Eller, Subban, Weber, Pacioretty. Ruined.

Jarwhoslav Lackswhat?

140. punkster says:

Next it’ll be DD. Oh where does the madness end?

141. Da Hema says:

It’s a tragedy of monumental proportions.

142. Mr. Habs says:

Volk’s turn again

143. zak says:

Benny takes a penalty, he’s benched. Other players take a penalty and they keep playing. A JM double standard.

144. andrewberkshire says:

Eller!!!! Woooooo!!!!

145. Da Hema says:

Well, the shot went off Pacioretty’s post….

146. Mr. Habs says:

HE HE HE

147. kempie says:

Lar Zeller!

148. TomNickle says:

That Eller trade may turn out to be as big of a homerun as the Gorges/Pacioretty deal.

149. punkster says:

F’n JM. He just ruins these kids!

150. Mr. Habs says:

Yeah, it makes me sick. I hope they don’t queeze into the Dance!

151. The Teacher says:

Is it just me or does he seem happier with Eller because he knows he is Eller’s first choice for a pass whereas on any other center’s line he is always the second option?

152. punkster says:

Hmm, guess not.

153. ABHabsfan says:

Flip over to the Bos-TB game if you want to see a different style of goaltending from CP. How TT makes saves is beyond me. He just went behind the net to stop the puck, missed badly, then fell over the net trying to get back. It’s comical but apparently he gets it done.

154. Wayne says:

… even without the Markov accent. Badaboom…

155. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s only half of it, the other half being Zdeno Chara bailing him out. Last season showed the difference Chara makes for the Bruins when he was playing well below par.

156. kempie says:

Giving George Carlin a bad rep. What a mook.

157. zak says:

good play on words ” the shooting pain”

158. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

No mercy…put it to them Habs !!

159. larisalapointe says:

I always wondered what that would feel like.  What things I learn on HIO. :)

160. ABHabsfan says:

I think that is “nail on head”

161. andrewberkshire says:

I think that makes 4 times where it looks like Patches can barely move where he ends up being fine with no major injury this season. I think he might just like faking us out.

162. shorthanded says:

Boone, you’re having WAY too much fun with these little videos :))

163. JFriedman says:

When does Boone come back…. Markov isn’t adding any insight to the game.

164. andrewberkshire says:

Was an accidental play on words. I was trying to describe the pain of a big hit to the junk. You know where your legs stop working and your stomach turns and you feel like you might throw up? Ugh… worst ever.

165. habs001 says:

leafs flyers tied in third….pp 6-3 for leafs…what else is new

166. Rainrocket16 says:

Shhhh!! Don’t give out the Bruins special recipe!

167. Da Hema says:

Good. I was away a few times, and didn’t see him on the ice.

168. Shiloh says:

Lots of DD love on RDS as Boone indicates, but they rarely, if ever, have much nice to say about AK46. CBC, on the other hand, may not even realize that he’s in the league.

169. Danno says:

Need subtitles for Boone’s video

It has an Ingmar Bergman quality to it.

170. OneTimer says:

in case you haven’t noticed, we’ve got a handful of trolls that just stir up trouble around here, using a variety of different aliases. This guy was a member for like 24h, so it’s clear he created this account to troll it up during this game…If it was an established member doing the same, I’m sure the response wouldn’t have been as harsh.

Also, why the F are you saying the ‘s’ word?!

171. Da Hema says:

Is Max-Pac gone now after that shot to his love apples?

172. andrewberkshire says:

I have to think if that was Tim Thomas and not Carey Price the ref wouldn’t have waited 10 full seconds to blow the whistle.

173. Da Hema says:

The great ones make those saves look easy, don’t they?

174. OneTimer says:

wow did you wait long enough to blow the whistle there, ref, you quack?

175. kempie says:

S l o w e s t  w h i s t l e  e v e r

176. RGM says:

Ridiculous. Carey had that for at least 3 full seconds. Did the ref expect him to move it to put it back in play???

177. Mr. Habs says:

FF sakes Ref, wait a little longer will ya!

178. Kain292 says:

What’s that about fond police?

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

179. HFX-HabFan says:

Pretty sure Torrey was the Panthers’ first president and GM.  I think that’s how Denis Potvin got associated with Florida as part of their broadcasting team up until a few years ago.

180. andrewberkshire says:

Can you imagine the trolling here if the Nords come back?

181. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

I really hope that the Nordiques come back so that all those fake Habs fans can leave us in peace. That guy on RDS was frustrating to watch, glad not to be the one interviewing him.

You know Boone’s Quick Hits is going to be anti-climactic. He’s gonna go on about how the Panthers suck, how we shouldn’t be planning the parade and how Tampa is another ball of wax.

Yep. Boone’s gonna make the trolls blush tonight.

Funny how he calls it Quick Hits. It’s all about marketing metrics after all.

183. Mike Boone says:

Once again, the Timo Memorial Obnoxiousness Trophy goes to …

184. ABHabsfan says:

I think he took it in the plums. Jump on your heals, Max.

185. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

It’s so frustrating to watch, must be 10 times more frustrating to keep their cool on the ice when they know they are getting short changed by the refs.

186. andrewberkshire says:

Pouliot and Subban both get called for everything and can’t draw a call to save their lives. It’s ridiculous.

187. kempie says:

Typical. I’m used to it now.

188. punkster says:

Nope…higher.

189. punkster says:

Knee

190. Shiloh says:

I thought it was the boys.

191. vic says:

I see JM is building Weber confidence as a young player

The winner for the most retarded comment tonight goes to…..

193. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I think you forgot to put ‘joking’ at the end of your post. Right?

194. kempie says:

Lower body for sure

195. JIMVINNY says:

right in the junk.  I HEARD that one.  He is probably in a lot of pain right now.

196. Danno says:

The Puppet hour. LOL!

197. Danno says:

C’est un but magnifique de Lars Eller!

198. Mr. Habs says:

I’m watching a day in the life of Carey Price on TSN2 …. Awesome.

199. sholi2000.com says:

That was great.

PVR x timer

My Canadiens!

They Call Me Shane

200. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Oh hell ya! One of the reasons I bring my wife is to drive home since she doesn’t drink.  I’m usually three sheets to the wind by the time the games over.

201. Danno says:

Wow. What a bargoon! Those seats would cost about $140 each at the Bell Centre. And you’re paying about $35 each. Leaves more money for chips and beers! Cheers!

202. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’m in section 132, it’s about 25 rows up a couple sections to the right of the Panthers bench. I have a thirteen game season ticket package I get every year, it costs me about $400. Instead of thirteen individual games, my ticket guy lets me take 6 games with two tickets and one game with a single ticket, that way my wife and I get to see six games together. I get my pick of games, so I take the two habs games, washington, pitts, detroit, chicago.  I love it.

203. Danno says:

Bon match!

204. _Habsoloutly_ says:

The beer and food is actually kind’ve pricey here, I think that is how they make their money.  A beer is like 7 bucks I think.  I usually get these big bubba cans of Heineken they sell for $12 each.

205. Danno says:

Just out of curiosity, what’s a beer cost? A can of Molsons at the Bell is $10.10

206. SeriousFan09 says:

Hey thanks for losing to the ‘Ruins Tampa Bay not like Habs didn’t give you half your front office, pay for your welfare team to exist while you suck up lottery picks

207. Mr. Habs says:

If the Habs have been doing this all year as they are expected to, we would be fighting Philly for 1st. Yeah Yeah Yeah “IF” :)

VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE>!

I would realy like everyone to read this link. I sent it to Gary Bettman’s office and the players assosiation.

209. Antho says:

versteeg pops one in against the former team!

210. habs001 says:

will ak46 be resigned if he pulls a playoff 2010 fiasco this year..based on what he has shown when he plays well this year even a playoff no show may warrant a resign…

211. Curtis O Habs says:

3.5 million for 2 years.

212. TripleX says:

As I replied to a post below.  No team can afford to pay a bottom six player 3.6 million plus.  Not going to happen.

The top six are Pleks, Cammi, Gionta, Gomez, Maxpac and ?.  Pouliot and AK are both too talented and too expensive to play bottom six minutes.

Quit with the superstition.

I am thinking it.

214. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

For Carey’s sake …don’t even think about that word….

215. OneTimer says:

what a save!!!

216. SeriousFan09 says:

Canes have to fall out and I don’t think that’s going to happen. Ward, Staal and Skinner will carry them.

217. TomNickle says:

Buffalo would have to fall out as well and I wouldn’t bank on that happening.

218. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Carey ! Carey !  Carey !!!

219. Wayne says:

Habs / Leafs conference final… you read it here first folks.

220. Antho says:

Was watching both games they are playing very well with lots of intensity and grit..loved seeing Aullie KO thats scumbag Hartnell

221. Chuck says:

Dammit! I want my wings!

222. punkster says:

Bite your tongue, wash your mouth out with soap and go to your room.!!!

223. Da Hema says:

Three posts tonight! One by Pacioretty, another by Kostitsyn, and Picard hit Pacioretty’s post.

224. Larry says:

They have been pretty darn good the last 5 weeks or so

Friggin’ hilarious. Two posts in a row. Good thing we’re leading 4 zip.

I gotta say this though. Nice to see the Habs stringing together wins against teams they should beat, on the road at that. OKAY. There are more Habs fans than Panthers fan in the arena but technically the Cats have the last change so…..

226. habs001 says:

7-3 pp in favour of the leafs…next game for the habs same pp stats except for the flyers…how few pp chances we are getting in ever game and a team like the leafs are 2-1 most games lately…

PG doesn’t know what he’s doing.

228. HabFanSince72 says:

Look at the standings.

229. JIMVINNY says:

That puck had top corner written all over it.

230. TomNickle says:

That drop pass by Bernier was SK74 like.

231. TomNickle says:

Jacques trying to get Cammy going by putting him with Eller.

232. punkster says:

Let’s see…Moses was Habs GM, King Herrod owned the Bruins…12BC.

233. HabFanSince72 says:

Nah. Always hope Boston lose.

234. Larry says:

JT changed my mind on AK. Yes he is frustrating, appears to float so often, but he will get you 20-25 goals without half trying, and not many 3rd and 4th liner types can do that.

235. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Two crazy posts, should be 6 nothing

236. JIMVINNY says:

Ridiculous.  Two huge dingers within a span of 20 seconds.

237. Caper says:

No way. Won’t happen.  Carolina and Buffalo. Laffs and Blueshirts miss out.

238. Bugs says:

Trivia: last time two consecutive Hab shots rang off different posts?

239. punkster says:

He’s the main reason I backed off trashing anybody on the team these days. As frustrating as some can be at times most of the talented ones redeem themselves in the long run.

240. OneTimer says:

PK is perfect since we acquired Sopel, am I right?

241. Da Hema says:

The odds remain strongly against them doing so.

242. TomNickle says:

Are they playing the post game?

I think this is on purpose.

243. punkster says:

Patches, AK…wow. More of this!

244. Mr. Habs says:

The Posts workin up a sweat

245. andrewberkshire says:

Habs 2 minutes for leading.

246. Bill says:

See, he’s so good!

Full Breezer 4 Life

247. JIMVINNY says:

What a load of crap.  Another 4-0 call.

248. TomNickle says:

Funny that same official didn’t seem to care when the exact same check was made on Pacioretty in the 2nd.

249. Larry says:

The Leafs. Can you imagine. Edmonton made it on the last day of the season a few back and went to game 7 of the Final. Philly last year got in on a shootout win. You get in and anything can happen. The hockey Gods have kicked Leaf fans for decades, what if they decide to pay them back in one fell motherload?

250. zak says:

Hope Boston keeps winning. I rather play Tampa in the first round

251. TomNickle says:

We won’t be behind Pittsburgh much longer if we keep winning.

252. Larry says:

The only problem with Tampa is they are a weak market team. So the refs will really sear us.

253. HabFanSince72 says:

Leafs are going to make the playoffs.

AK46 making me look stupid for wanting him traded.

255. JIMVINNY says:

Sopel has a hunched-over look to him.  Almost as if he’s using too short a stick.

That stick save was UNREAL!!!!!

256. TomNickle says:

That Carey chant is the loudest I’ve heard in that building since they were throwing rats on the ice.

And yeah, he should be a Vezina nomination.

257. spcbrass says:

Where has this 3rd line been?

Funny thing is just a few weeks ago everyone was going on about how all these guys were impersonating top 6 forwards.

258. OneTimer says:

Moving into 9th place, everything as planned

259. Caper says:

Laffs win 3-2. I can’t go to work or listen to the radio tomorrow. Parade on Yonge tomorrow.

260. andrewberkshire says:

Lost in the last couple of games is how excellent Cammalleri has been defensively. I’ve never seen that from him before, he’s even played some PK duty.

261. Mr. Habs says:

Remember when Ryder was asked to play more defensively

262. TomNickle says:

Speaking as someone who shreds him to bits when he plays poorly defensively I will agree that he’s been a lot better without the puck lately.

263. Exit716 says:

Florida is easily the worst team in the Eastern Conference now.

264. HabFanSince72 says:

They don’t even care. At least the Islanders and Sens sort of do.

265. Mark C says:

Have you seen the lineup Ottawa is running out there these days?

266. TripleX says:

I like AK as well, always have and his brother to.  But I can’t see it happening if he plays as a seventh or eighth forward.  No team can afford 3.6 million plus for a bottom six.

Do I think AK is a bottom six?  Nope, but obviously JM does and that means so long AK.

267. Exit716 says:

Remember two years ago during the great 100th anniversary free fall, how the Panthers dismantled the Habs 5-1 on TSn and McGuire was laughing his ass off? Geez Pierre, this Red Army team you talked about now looks more like some third rate sqaud from the Belarus B League. Red Army my ass. The only thing red in Florida is the ink on the Panthers books. Fold this team already.

268. Jdub1985 says:

Good. Boston and Washington win. makes a Montreal/Boston matchup more of a certainty!

269. Wayne says:

That’s true, eh?

270. SHUTTemDOWN says:

First one in 99 games.

99 problems but a goal ain’t one.

“The sh*t is CHESS!NOT CHECKERS.” Denzel W.(Training Day)

271. habs001 says:

k46 looks happier on the ice hopefully not because he is thinking that based on his recent play another 10 game vacation is coming…

272. PrimeTime says:

Just said the same thing to my brother

273. andrewberkshire says:

Andrei Kostitsyn has now scored or set up 4 straight game winning goals.

274. Rugger says:

They looked more like a pre-season team than a tanking team, too many new players not in sync but putting the effort in.

VancouverHab is really Gomez’ mom. Leave her alone. She’s just defending her son. ;-)

276. Shiloh says:

Isn’t he beautiful to watch when he plays like this? I’ve liked the guy ever since we took a chance on him after his diagnosis. I’ve cheered for him tirelessly – which hasn’t always been easy. Eller is a sneaky good centre – he gets to places so quickly and makes passes in tight quarters.

277. HABSsince92 says:

Great win for the boys tonight…..nice to c Price get another shutout.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

278. Mr. Habs says:

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NO LEAFS IN THE PLAYOFFS

NO LEAFS IN THE PLAYOFFS

NO LEAFS IN THE PLAYOFFS

279. Mr. Habs says:

Living here in Toronto that would be unbearable to deal with!

280. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Haha, I said to my wife the day we moved here from St. John’s – “if god forbid I ever look out my window and there’s a Cup parade going down Yonge, we’re moving again, end of story”

281. andrewberkshire says:

It’s amazingly pathetic that you feel the need to dump on the team’s best player in order to prop up Scott Gomez. Whether Gomez deserves criticism is irrelevant, if you can’t do it without trashing another player you need to strengthen your defense. Plekanec is a better player than Gomez, he makes his wingers better than Gomez does. This is undeniably true to both casual observers and astute statisticians. For you to argue otherwise is beyond ridiculous.

282. salshabs says:

Gotta agree its been so nice and quiet these last 5 years. No Leafs in the playoffs.  You have to live in this area to really appreciate how f#$king obnoxiuos Leaf fans, and the Toronto media get when they make the playoffs.  CBC will be absolutely unwatchable! Its 24 hrs of mind numbing man love for their heroes. PULEASE, DO NOT let the Leafs make the playoffs!!!

283. Bill says:

Yeah, that Plekanec, he’s been a real weight on the team all year long.

Full Breezer 4 Life

284. arcosenate says:

Man I would sign that guy no matter what, he would be a huge piece moving forward.

285. VancouverHab says:

You can say that of the Pleks line now, dude–you’ve been sleep-eating your pillow after reading Jack Todd articles again…

286. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

Boyes… Boyce is a bum and he plays for the Leafs. But I get your point and agree. No cap space tho unless we would have unloaded Kost. Gomez is immovable.

287. arcosenate says:

So I think I figured out what Pierre MacGuire would have done as Habs GM, he would have traded Price, Eller and Schultz for Halak. Speaking of Eller, he is going to be a real dandy, he’s so smart, fast and big enough that you can just see what a great player he could be. His defensive play is calm and steady, he seems to be able to slow the play down a bit and make the safe play. Imagine if he played on a team with no problem scoring goals like the Habs do? No pressure to provide offence and time to just develop? Anyway, is Zack Parise a UFA this year? He would be a real big acquisiton would he not?

288. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I live near the Buff, I don’t wanna deal with that but its looking likely. Personally I could see both Toronto and Buffalo making it. Carolina is not better than Toronto. Just a matter of whether Toronto has run out of time or not.

289. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I was having Parisé dreams earlier this year. He is an RFA, Devils are hard against the cap but might try and squeeze him in, further handcuffing themselves.

290. andrewberkshire says:

Andrei Kostitsyn playing at his potential is amazing. And it’s much more often than not this season that he’s played very very well.

291. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I would enjoy that. I hate Boudreau and all the Ovi man love. We own them. Another playoff loss to us could have the Habs almost solely responsible for Boudreau being fired. That alone would make the season a success for me.

292. JD_ says:

The hell was that?

Panthers’ puck possession was so abysmal, they should all be IV-ing Robitussin®.

C’mon, look alive, the Habs are tryin’ to get ready for the playoffs.

Good on Carey. Lovin’ it. Little concerned with Snubban whackin’ him on the back of the head at the end of game – could lead to a major rift in the dressin’ room – but otherwise, you know, lovin’ it. Guys came to play and didn’t get sucked into the BoredomVortex™, which was seemingly the case a couple of days ago.

Good times™.

I am all for the Maple Leafs making the play-offs. They’d get the Flyers and that would be a good thing. Think about it.

Plus it would give Boston an even crappier pick.

294. oshawahabsfan says:

He will finish with likely 20 more starts than Thomas, which should factor into the Vezina voting, A lot more work and a lot more impressive considering the personnel missing. Boston’s D isn’t all the great to begin with, if they were without Chara and whoever their second best is all year, they’d be nowhere near the top of the division

295. Antho says:

Awesome post agree with you 100%

296. habs001 says:

with the lines going well recently it looks like halpern has to stay with the plecks line…maybe this is where a boyce would have helped

297. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s a great stat, he and Eller are really flying together.

298. Chuck says:

Just the way I like it! (another win… not the boring part)

299. SeriousFan09 says:

I enjoy the misery of the Leafs as much as the next man, but this year I’m behind them for the fact that we don’t need Boston getting a high pick again.

300. jimhasbeen says:

hey itd be great if the leafs squeaked in and knocked off philly.

anybody else hoping for another first round with wash? 4-5 seed perhaps.

that would surely throw boudreau for a loop

301. Rugger says:

i’d prefer to see the Sabres in 8th to see if Lindy Ruff can whine enough to get the ref’s to penalize Philly out of the play-offs

302. jimhasbeen says:

heres to a southeast sweep on saturday.

we have to be due for a win against tampa.  i feel like we havent beat them since carey’s usain bolt impression

303. forskis says:

I have always wanted to keep AK46 on the team…it looks like AK46, Eller and Moen have some good chemistry…I hope PG gives AK46 another year or two contract and see what Eller, Moen and AK46 can do together over a full season.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

304. Mr. Habs says:

Lucic, that humpback MO FO

305. Wayne says:

Thanks for the laughs, Mike.

306. oshawahabsfan says:

Seriously, is Montreal the only team that can beat Boston, this is getting to be really annoying

307. Shiloh says:

Those who were calling for Eller to play a few weeks in Hamilton weren’t dissing the kid. At some point he needs to get the minutes. Now that he’s getting a regular shift with Moen and AK, the problem is solved. Speaking of AK – what talent he has. I like the line he’s on – a nice mix of speed and toughness. Ak and Black Snake Moen may be our two biggest forwards.

308. iwardhabs says:

That’s a string of wins we’ve needed.  Good momentum heading into a match with a possible first-round opponent.  Solid fundamentals tonight – against a weakened team, for sure, but a helpful expreience nonetheless heading down the stretch.

309. SeriousFan09 says:

The 4th of his career, 1st since he played for the Leafs in 06-07.

God I’m fixated with stats tonight.

It’s called tanking.

311. HabFanSince72 says:

Not a very informative game. Panthers mailed it in.

312. TomNickle says:

Maybe but the Habs are only four points back of a team without their two best players and 3 back of a team that haven’t yet figured out their identity.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that #3 v. #6 matchup.

Man is this place gonna boring tonight. Ho-hum another win.

314. zozotheclown says:

He might not get the Vezina, but I think he deserves serious consideration for the Hart. I know doing that is rare, but just think where Boston would be without Thomas… roughly in the same place, while us without Price….yeah.

315. Bill says:

Carey Price full value for the shutout, and the Habs were good. Obviously, the Panthers are not exactly the ’81 Islanders, but I’ll take it!! AK46 is on a roll, not just the scoring, he’s been playing great. That Carolina game I watched in Montreal he was a force at all times, with and without the puck.

Full Breezer 4 Life

316. Antho says:

Congratulations to telephone pole Gill for scoring his first goal! LOL

317. andrewberkshire says:

Hal Gill gwg!!!

318. Wayne says:

Wow. Count Chocula looks ecstatic.

319. JIMVINNY says:

He wasn’t busy, but he still made some fantastic saves.  Well-deserved SO.

320. ItsBadForYa says:

SHUTOUT!!!

321. Thenumber11 says:

Anyone else think that hit on Wiz might have hurt his shoulder or something on that big hit?

There’s been at least 3 times where he’s open on the point, the other Dman isn’t pressured and the passing lane is open… but the elect not to send it to the monsterous shot of Wiz.

Could be nothing at all, just something I noticed was going on. :/

322. Larry says:

Carey must be close to the league lead in shutouts?

1 Henrik Lundqvist NYR 8
    2 Tim Thomas BOS 7
    3 Carey Price MTL  7 (after tonight)

324. Mr. Habs says:

Should have had one last game but we won’t go there again

325. andrewberkshire says:

1 behind Lundqvist.

Possibly but for the moment I beg to differ. He is playing lights out. How long can he maintain it is for time to tell but Leafs fans are correct in being optimistic with him in nets.

327. TomNickle says:

Hamrlik’s best game of the year.

328. punkster says:

Maybe not our best D…but close.

329. Mr. Habs says:

Gomez’s new roll – “INFORCER”

330. Da Hema says:

Did Max-Pac get it in the package?

331. SeriousFan09 says:

Reimer’s just the latest flavour of the month for Leafs Goaltending. They’ve gone through how many “No. 1″ goalies in the last few years? Vezina Candidate 47B will be pushed aside for one of their other prospects like Rynnas or Scrivens next year.

332. salshabs says:

Hate the Flyers too, but the Leafs!!! Yea, it would be worth it…as long as they lose the next round.

333. andrewberkshire says:

How great would it be if the Bruins and Flyers were out in round 1? That sounds like make-believe.

334. Mr. Habs says:

Lets give him 60 games to see. He was very lucky with his glove tonight.

I just watched the Leafs-Flyers highlights and that looked like it was a very entertaining game.

Now everybody here hates the Leafs but as a Canadian I like to see as many Canadian teams in the play-offs as possible so I am hoping the Leafs make it. That kid Reimer looks great.

This should be interesting.

The best thing about the Leafs meeting the Flyers in the 1st round is you know both those teams are going to beat the crap out of each other and as much as I love laughing at the Leafs miseries there is no team in hockey I hate as much as the Flyers.

Seeing the Leafs upset them in round 1 would be totally awesome.

336. Shiloh says:

Is Max going to have to change seats in the choir?

337. Storm Man says:

MaxPac takes one in the pills ………… ouch

338. OneTimer says:

No respect by lil’ DD. Everyone says he’s too small to make it in this league, and there he goes again making them look stupid. What a punk!

339. kempie says:

Nice n greasy

340. 24moreCups says:

DD nice!

341. VancouverHab says:

Uhm…except that was a good PP…

342. TomNickle says:

Scott Clemmenson will have nightmare`s tonight.

Wow, what a bad goal.

343. Shiloh says:

Nice play by Desharnais – just getting the puck was excellent.

344. Storm Man says:

Wow weak goal….. Time to bring someone from the stands to play goal lol.

345. Bugs says:

I’d like to submit my boy’s pass as Assist of the Year.

Thank you.

346. The Teacher says:

Beautiful goal by Desharnais.

347. topher5468 says:

Halpern, shoot the damn puck

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

348. andrewberkshire says:

Amazing.

349. RGM says:

Bowling shoe ugly!

350. OneTimer says:

Pleky looks really sharp on the point, and, as others have pointed out, he’s less likely to get burned by a breaking PKer than say…Hamrlik. I like it.

351. Da Hema says:

Heheh. Wow.

352. Shiloh says:

Give Eller some pp time and glue Gomer’s behind to the bench.

353. TomNickle says:

yahoo sports game logs by season.

354. TomNickle says:

I was able to track 28 of Gill`s goals in his career.

The record of his teams when he scores is 22W – 1L – 2T – 3OTL

355. Shiloh says:

DD, AK and Cammy – Pleks and Wiz on the points.

356. Danno says:

Get the JM puppet out of your tickle trunk Mr. Boone. That should be good for some giggles.

357. CHsam says:

I’m happy that in Eller we have a budding centre. Can’t believe peeps in the minority actually slag this guy.

358. Mr. Habs says:

Don’t let the foot slip off the gas peddal boys, full steam ahead

359. punkster says:

Jeez, if we bust a thousand posts on this thread Boone will think it’s all due to his Jim Henson act. Expect a few additions next game to the Puppet Master’s collection.

360. samTHEman says:

Cammy – Pleky – Pacioretty

a Czech between 2 Italians.

361. VancouverHab says:

Putting Halperin with Pleks (& a still-struggling Cammi) is doing to that line what similar playing-up-of-third-&-fourth-liners did to a certain other centre earlier ….

362. Storm Man says:

Sounds like something you can buy from a street vendor at 4am in Montreal.

363. Mr. Habs says:

Gill on the PP , C’Mon JM

364. punkster says:

Holy crap Tom, where do dig this stuff up? Awesome.

365. CHsam says:

I LOVE that Eller AK Halpern line. Eventually hope to see Leblanc come up for 3rd or 4th line.

366. Mr. Habs says:

U DA MAN TOMMY BOY :)

367. andrewberkshire says:

WOW DD!!

368. JIMVINNY says:

what a goal.  Weak by Clemmy, but pure desire by DD.

369. olematelot says:

DD with a rocket

370. Danno says:

Wee Dee Dee with a greasy little garbage goal!

371. Mr. Habs says:

OK, as I was sayin earlier, DD got a goal, now for Pleks

372. crabvader says:

Agreed.

373. andrewberkshire says:

Aw crap… Pactches hurt?

374. DearyLeary says:

~7:40 puckdrop.

375. habs001 says:

while we hate the bruins and thomas based on all stats  thomas has to win the vezina…rinne is having a great yearalso

376. Mr. Habs says:

It is BS to give the V to a goalie who plays 20 less games than the next in line.

378. SPATS says:

After watching the video at the bottom, All I can say is – take the rest of the year off Sid….

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

379. The Teacher says:

Just watched it…very sad…..very important to watch it with eyes and minds open..

Looking back at my youth, knowing I was very lucky not to have suffered the same fate, given the fact that I can recall two incidents where I “saw stars” literally.

380. gmd says:

Boone you have the best one liners. “…where attendance barely exceeded an Italian wedding.” Brilliant!

381. habs001 says:

it would be great but it would be greater if one day we had a team that can beat 4 tough teams in a row and not hope at upsets and missing the tough teams to get the cup…we did make it half way last year…

382. The Teacher says:

You mean like ’93?

383. andrewberkshire says:

Name one team that’s beat 4 top teams and won a cup. It rarely ever happens. Every cup winner gets good fortune.

384. TomNickle says:

Very nice!  And yeah, probably.

385. Da Hema says:

For all we know, he never scored as a Bruin….

386. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s going to play 8 NHL seasons with guys who can’t come close to matching his talent level?

387. Da Hema says:

So that’s what happens when you’re censored now. I thought a bolt of lightning from Boone’s arse was the punishment against those with potty-mouths.

388. Mr. Habs says:

Didn’t see it. Wow, scratch that idea then.

389. EricInStL says:

Then make mine a double please….Winning….

“A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject”–Winston Churchill

390. Rugger says:

He must have lost to the Habs at least once when young Hal scored for Boston.

391. Thenumber11 says:

It’s true! Me and my buddy played a lot of NHL 11 last term, and he’s a leafs fan… If I’d ever score with Gill it was a “Gill-Goal”, meaning I won. No matter what.

It’s scientific fact.

392. VancouverHab says:

“Shouldna”? No way — it was an elite effort to chip the puck through in behind the D and sprint it down, but that was just a bridge too far, getting there ahead of the goalie. (Even the RDS announers credited him on the play…)

393. Da Hema says:

Didn’t Booner write Vokoun is getting $6.3 million per season?

394. db says:

+100.  Seriously

395. andrewberkshire says:

Gill scoring DOES in fact mow the lawn.

396. Wayne says:

Good point. There must be some natural law out there to support that.

397. TomNickle says:

And Gionta you mean?

Pacioretty’s been our best forward for about 15 games now.

398. samTHEman says:

AHAHAHA rolling naked in poutine?

399. andrewberkshire says:

I wish I had your depth of vision, punkster.

400. Mr. Habs says:

How much does he make per?

401. TomNickle says:

Just my opinion, but I think that kid is the next Rick Nash.

402. SeriousFan09 says:

Boone Bobblehead Theatre! Coming to Broadway Next Year!

403. andrewberkshire says:

More likely that a couple games with Pacioretty and Gomez is dragging him back to production.

404. SeriousFan09 says:

Unless he doesn’t pan out. More impressive junior players have added up to nothing in the NHL.

405. Danno says:

Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing anything

406. samTHEman says:

LOL that’s roughly an average 2 goals a season

407. EricInStL says:

On RDS, they showed a shot of a tanned Dad, his trashy wife (think not so hot wives of Terrbonne) and their 2 “lovely” daughters who might have a career in a certain industry that is famous in Montreal. No it’s not serving poutine….

408. TomNickle says:

In five years he’ll look like a genius for where he selected Nik Bjugstad.

409. TomNickle says:

Is it possible to lose a game when Gill scores?

410. andrewberkshire says:

Absolutely not if he keeps this up.

411. Storm Man says:

That AK46…. What a great move by PG :).

412. zak says:

What’s happening with darche

413. TomNickle says:

Gomez must be reading HIO.  Seeing that even his most loyal fans are starting to turn on him must have lit a fire.

414. Habnofear says:

Hornacuk is hitting evey thing out there …even his own guy’s,lol

415. punkster says:

I know. I can see it in their eyes.

416. Exit716 says:

Mr. Boone. If Dale Tallon is such a hockey genius, how come he’s traded for Sergei Samsonov twice?

417. EricInStL says:

Really ????

You should have read what I really wanted to write..

GO AHEAD. MAKE MY DAY.

418. Da Hema says:

What’s remarkable is that Hal Gill has scored 34 goals in his career….

419. andrewberkshire says:

Gomez and Pyatt are both gonna score tonight. I can feel it.

420. kempie says:

So he shouldn’t be playing in HAM then?

421. Da Hema says:

Too much money….

422. habs001 says:

plecks line so far have been dominated

423. EricInStL says:

If you would’ve said Pomez, I would have rotfl….

424. Aybara says:

A little late, does anyone have a link?

425. samTHEman says:

Gomez?

426. Mr. Habs says:

A nice backup to Carey?

427. Thenumber11 says:

Did I just see Pyatt make his way through 3 panthers? Hell ya.

428. topher5468 says:

Thats why Pleks is great, awesome d zone coverage

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

429. andrewberkshire says:

So, about Eller sucking…

430. andrewberkshire says:

DeBoer has been messing with Vokoun all year. Not a happy situation for him.

431. JIMVINNY says:

That line is really growing on me.  And AK is flying.

432. Castor says:

For the, I don’t know, 30th time this season I must again say that OLE OLE is not a cheer of victory like “nah nah goodbye” but simply a celebratory cheer.

433. Mark C says:

What? The “system” can lead to goals.

434. JIMVINNY says:

That was a quick hook for Vokoun. Hard to fault him on either goal, I guess Deboer just wants to shake things up.

435. flanman says:

Alright, 2 goal lead. Fire up the system!!

436. samTHEman says:

Pleky’s line need some size and punch, someone strong that can get the puck out of the corners and dish it out. Pacioretty or Pouliot. But that would leave Desharnais alone…

437. CHsam says:

That’s the AK i like !

438. OneTimer says:

So…about Gomez bringing down AK…evidence seems pretty conclusive, eh?

439. punkster says:

JM ruins the kids, no question.

440. EricInStL says:

Complete the sequence…

Panthers, Pirates, Panthers,________

441. habs001 says:

gill and moen with a point…now if pyatt gets a point the hat trick

442. EricInStL says:

OBJECTIONAL COMMENT DELETED

443. andrewberkshire says:

WAY too much money.

444. Danno says:

Gomez woulda, coulda, shoulda. Didn’t

445. kempie says:

What’d I miss?

446. Da Hema says:

Once Price gets a new contract, there will be little money for anything other than an Auld-type back-up.

447. Bugs says:

Say, that Kostitsyn goal, it was like the puck had a mission, eh?

448. TomNickle says:

Maybe all of those people who said let him get used to the speed of the game were on to something.  Hmm…………

449. Da Hema says:

Hal has scored 34 goals in his career. I’m willing to bet all the teams he has played for have a combined 34-0 record when he scores.

450. Storm Man says:

That is why PG get’s paid to run the Habs are the rest of us don’t.

451. habaholic68NJ says:

Poutine?  Is that the french word for prostitute?

452. punkster says:

Ya but we all know we’d do a much better job ;)

453. Storm Man says:

Yah open tryouts with the little money we will have for a back-up.

454. Danno says:

Where are you sitting and how much did it cost, if you don’t mind my asking… Have fun!

455. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Take it from me, the habs games here in south Florida are insane!  It’s like being back in Montreal, french people everywhere, Quebec lisence plates, habs jerseys.  I call it Bell Center south.  The last hab game here set a record for attendance at the Bank Atlantic Center, the place was filled to the rafters.  We drown out the Panthers fans when they start cheering “go cats go”  its comical.

456. sidhu says:

Very satisfying win — Eller looked great, so did AK46.  DD continues to prove people wrong — never a bad play to put the puck towards the net.

457. DearyLeary says:

I’ll go through this again.

Halak is very likely going through an adjustment to playing first horse for an entire season.  He’ll likely be a good goalie for his career, but Price always had the tools to be a great goalie.  Management rolled the dice, but I think the odds were always on Carey’s side.

Halak is smaller than Price, so he has to move more to be as effective.  Playing a starting keeper’s workload for a still young keeper can be a difficult adjustment.  I think he’ll be better next year, and if the Blues stay healthy it’ll help even more.

The Blues are also one of the few weak teams in the West this year, which can’t solely be attributed to Halak’s less than stellar play.

He might also be a goalie prone to fatigue his entire career (he certainly showed signs during the playoffs), which would be unfortunate.

458. TomNickle says:

We’ve been playing defensive hockey all the way back to Alain Vigneault.  Selling high has a lot to do with it too.  Most goalies are of the flash in the pan variety.

459. Da Hema says:

I humbly suggest Halak sucked against Philadelphia last playoffs.

460. Mr.Hazard says:

BTW what happened to Halak? Why do goalies keep playing well here, then leaving, then sucking? Theodore, Huet, and now Halak?

461. samTHEman says:

he was HOT then COLD then getting WARMER then injured and now….i think he’s back?

462. Bugs says:

You forgot Roy.

Uhh…nevermind…

463. Jdub1985 says:

He got outplayed by a third string goalie in Boucher …. oh I said it.

464. Mr. Habs says:

HEY, don’t open up that can of worms :)

465. JIMVINNY says:

Oh no you di-in’t…

466. Bugs says:

He sucked against Philly when he filled in for Carey two years prior too.

467. Danno says:

Boone, you must continue with the puppet shows. I think you’re on to something.

Get yourself a Jacques Martin bobblehead — or get someone from the HI/O props department to construct one. Nothing fancy. It doesn’t even need to have any moving parts. It can just stand still like a figure from Madame Tussaud’s Wax museum. People will mistake it for the real thing.

Make sure it has a note pad always at the ready…

468. andrewberkshire says:

*cough* Sopel *Cough*

But the PK is perfect since he came over so whatever.

469. JIMVINNY says:

If not for several late-third turnovers, he’d be over ten for sure.

470. Wayne says:

Wow Jim! A post that doesn’t have “F@*& ‘n refs” in it? I’m impressed.

471. Mike Boone says:

You should hear Markov trying to do my accent

472. samTHEman says:

Boone some ethanol and a joint then give us take 2!!

473. MikeMcLaren says:

Worst. Russian. Accent. Ever.

Hahahaha!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

474. Shiloh says:

7:00 or 7:30 tonight?

7:30 ce soir.!

476. WarHero says:

7:30, I beleive.

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67’s Live Blog & Facebook

477. Danno says:

Boone, stop feeding the hampsters that no-name crap. HI/O server can’t handle the puppet show traffic

478. FormalWare says:

He had better be nominated, anyway. Or I’ll cancel my subscription!

479. Larry says:

I think so. Considering his two best dmen are out.

480. larisalapointe says:

Vezina!

481. larisalapointe says:

The next 17 games could make the difference. Fingers crossed.

482. Larry says:

I think you are right

483. Thenumber11 says:

I still think it’ll go to Thomas. Not that I want it to by any stretch, but he’s the favourite.

484. db says:

Agreed, for a 2nd rounder… good pickup for the Sabres.  Is he signed next year?

485. habs001 says:

boyes 2 goals in 2 games for sabres…boyes instead of halpern on the plecks line could have looked good

486. habs001 says:

sometimes it is hard to predict what pick up helps you…i remember some of the more knowledgeable posters here were laughing at burke for signing mcarthur

487. Larry says:

I never thought of that. Oh man that would be sweet indeed.

488. Caper says:

That would be nice. Still the laffs hi-lite in the last 7 years.

489. OneTimer says:

Did I hear that right, Florida needs 26M just to hit the cap floor next year? Possible destination for Gomez?

490. JIMVINNY says:

Gomez and a 2nd rounder for a 7th rounder might do it.

491. Danno says:

Boone, give Markov a vitamin. He’s looking mighty pale.

492. Rugger says:

Mike, being married to a full blooded Italian, I have seen several Italian weddings that outdrew the Atlanta game.

493. Sehs says:

That made me have a good chuckle.

494. habaholic68NJ says:

Boone the puppet master.  Nice schtick on AK46.

495. TomNickle says:

There are only 6 of em.  And three have seen limited action.  Hard to be close to the bottom.

496. habs001 says:

versteeg 2 goals vs leafs…sabres leading in carolina..bruins tied with tampa

497. TorontoHabsFan says:

If you’re talking about Sportsnet Ontario, it basically is.

498. Caper says:

Sportsnet is unreal. Might as well call it Laffs TV1

499. drivefor25 says:

I’m watching the TSN feed on atdhe.me

Fan since ’71

500. punkster says:

Easy now, his stats tick me off but I can’t stand the constant negativity and bashing of any of the team. Patience is a virtue.

501. VancouverHab says:

Ahh — well, thank you!

502. kempie says:

I see nothing close to the sellout crowd they were expecting.

503. OneTimer says:

hal gill??! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

504. andrewberkshire says:

Someone needs to sit him down and staple him to the bench. Habs don’t go to the net!

505. Danno says:

The gall of Gill to show such guile!

Now has one more goal than Carrie Price!

506. DearyLeary says:

HAHHAHAHA… God bless Hal.

507. JIMVINNY says:

Good play by Gomez to get to the front of the net.  Whether he got the stick on it or not, he was there.

508. Shiloh says:

Gill’s 34th career goal – and he only needs five more this year to catch Gomer.

509. punkster says:

Putting himself in front of the net like that. SHAMEFUL!

510. punkster says:

;) (I get tired of the G-bashing here so I’m anti-bashing)

511. salshabs says:

Leafs already have 4 PPs vs Flyers.  Leafs/fans never complain about reffing, they get all the calls they want…

512. Danno says:

Hal Gill our new offensive powerhouse.

513. kempie says:

Price looking very calm on a few tricky saves.

514. VancouverHab says:

I missed the play: what happened? (If this is humour, then never mind…)

515. Mark C says:

Nice catch, he has been going to the net more lately.

516. andrewberkshire says:

You know, he’s so selfish!

517. punkster says:

By golly, you’re right!

518. Da Hema says:

Hal should get the Norris now….

519. EricInStL says:

Comon on Gill, YES I WON THE HALL GILL GOAL POOL !!!!!!!!

520. andrewberkshire says:

Thankfully I think JM has found the right forward combos, and Gomez seems more engaged. He’s coming on with Pacioretty and Gionta.

521. Mr. Habs says:

Gill score & Gomez ???? LMFAO

522. flanman says:

Skillsy!!!!

523. punkster says:

I think it hit Gomez. If so it’s his fault Gill doesn’t get his first.

524. larisalapointe says:

There you go, secondary scoring!

525. kempie says:

And the place goes wild!

526. Shiloh says:

Hal GILL!!!!! Nice pass by AK!

527. Mr. Habs says:

Poo Poo can’y stand up ..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Goal!

528. punkster says:

You noticed.

529. andrewberkshire says:

GIll? Really? YES!!!!

530. andrewberkshire says:

He knows it too, I can see it in his eyes.

531. JIMVINNY says:

two guys hit each other in the face, only the Hab gets sent to the box.  SHOCKING.

532. punkster says:

That penalty was Gomez’s fault.

533. Mr. Habs says:

Already? C’mon

534. andrewberkshire says:

Could that ref wait any longer to blow the whistle?

535. larisalapointe says:

Marinaro and his Mise au Jeu….time to go to the kitchen.

Boone, the Markov shtick is hilarious. What other live blog has such creativity? LOL

536. Mr. Habs says:

GAME ON!

537. Wayne says:

Well, don’t know what you guys think but I wouldn’t expect more than what we saw the other night. Not a fearless prediction, either.

538. t1tan5 says:

The Habs dont have 41 home games this season. We have 45 since every time we play in Florida, the arenas are filled with Habs fans!

539. samTHEman says:

Too many positives tonight. Therefore…

Habs took 75% of the penalties in this game! Again too many penalties! 3 out of 4 :P Jokes

540. The Teacher says:

Ditto, take 2 if he needs to..Take his lifetime off if he has to.

541. Larry says:

The next month is going to be really interesting

542. samTHEman says:

Props to Desharnais. 4-5 inches shorter than Gomez yet protects the puck behind the net 10x better than our dear friend Gomez

543. andrewberkshire says:

He hasn’t been doing his standard ‘hold the puck too long and then lose it’ in the defensive zone. He’s been moving it quickly and efficiently out or to other players.

544. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Great win …solid effort and the shut-out for Price…well deserved, way to go Habs !!!

545. avatar_58 says:

As it should be. He’s not 40-50 yet, he can take it.

546. HabFanSince72 says:

Price is starting tonight, even though Alex Auld is 2-0 against Florida this season.

My guess is Price is starting every game until we qualify for the playoffs.

… from a basement that is, sadly, about 1,300 miles north of Sunrise.

Ah c’mon it’s a gorgeous day here in Montreal.

At least this isn’t one my posts that you’ll plagiarize. But then again it is very flattering to read my comments appear as your ideas. :p

548. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I am gonna have to disagree, you must need to spend more time on during the day when the children haven’t met their bedtime. Its disheartening sometimes. …at least it seems worse during daylight.

But whiners like to whine more than happy fans like to share happy thoughts. Comment sections on all news sites are evidence of this. A great big bitch forum, all of em.

549. Caper says:

Love in on Sportsnet. F–k me.

550. TomNickle says:

Leafs just beat the Flyers, plan the parade.

551. punkster says:

Giant killers.

552. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

What would be really awesome is if the Leafs making the playoffs depended on that last game versus us, and we knock them out like they did to us a few years ago. That way they finish 9th and Boston gets a not so good pick. It’s win win for us

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

554. TripleX says:

In a 4 to 0 game why did JM play Hammer more than any other Dman at 22+ minutes?

Why did Gomez lead all forwards with 19+ minutes again?

Why does PK get limited PP time?

555. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Atta boy Larry !!

556. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Hordichuk seems to be quite the garbage player, he’s been throwing dirty hits all night.

557. olematelot says:

All those who said Eller needed time in Hamilton…..prove

558. Shiloh says:

Nice goal by Eller – great pass by Moen. He won’t get an assist, but the play began with a good backcheck by AK46.

559. VancouverHab says:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

560. JVF says:

Michel Forget, a “great” actor?

I didn’t know…

561. andrewberkshire says:

Vokoun done already? Well there goes my goalie stats for the week.

562. HFX-HabFan says:

Wow, what a shot.

563. smiler2729 says:

The War Room as seen through eyes of my Blue Jacket fan wife after the non-goal Sunday vs. Nashville.

Toronto SUCKS

564. Shiloh says:

Boom!! Great shot by AK – a laser. He’s been playing so well the past couple of weeks.

565. Mr. Habs says:

AND some of us wanted to throw AK out with the trash ….

566. Danno says:

“I shoot puck. I score goal.”

The Belarusian Beast comes alive!

567. Mr. Habs says:

AK our sniper … WOW

568. JIMVINNY says:

What a rocket!!!  and that’s two more points so far for AK.

569. EricInStL says:

Winning.

570. Chuck says:

Up and running now. Thanks!

571. Mr. Habs says:

WOW, talk about a quick whistle

572. samTHEman says:

hey if anyone ever complains of their ice-time or hits a scoring slump, stick em with gomez for back to back games then take them away. booya

573. Wayne says:

“Gomez germs”?

574. andrewberkshire says:

Philadelphia pays it’s 3rd line centre 6.5 million per season. Detroit’s 3rd line averages over 2.8 million each. The Penguins pay their 3rd line center 4M per season.

So as usual you’re absolutist statement is under-researched and flat out wrong.

You state opinion as if it is fact. Maybe you should try a IMO once in a while. AK on the 3rd or 4th line is moot. JM likes his pairs and right now it’s working.

The Habs are doing it at the moment so your theory is proven incorrect, again.

576. TripleX says:

And all three teams face major cap space problems.

Which is my point.  It is a perilous move in the cap era.

As per usual you are full of incorrect bluster.

577. SeriousFan09 says:

Partly why the Habs take a lot of undisciplined penalties IMO, it’s just sheer frustration that the zebras don’t give a damn about calling an even game.

578. andrewberkshire says:

Pouliot gets massively interfered with, no call. Pouliot fights for the puck with an off balance Panther, penalty. Why.

579. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

My thoughts exactly.

580. Mr. Habs says:

Why? I’ll tell ya why?  ^*()^)^ &()&   ()_)&_ (__& . |That’s why :)

581. andrewberkshire says:

I actually loved it the other game when Gomez blew a gasket and got ejected for unsportsmanlike when he tore the refs a new one.

582. The Teacher says:

POOOOOOOO POOOOOOOO tsk tsk

583. Mr. Habs says:

They call that but let the Pathers interfernce slide?

584. Kain292 says:

That was fan-@#$%in-tastic. Nice shutout for Price, nice to see AK has awoken from his hibernation period. All-in-all a great team win. And how ’bout Gill?

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

585. OneTimer says:

tabarnac, Pierre Houde (who I like) just said the s-word (in French)…blame him…

586. OneTimer says:

Ouch I think Patches got sacked by Picard’s slap shot

587. Bugs says:

Did the Pac-Man get it in the badabazing bag?

588. Thenumber11 says:

If I might ask, where would you be getting said TSN stream?

589. HFX-HabFan says:

Interesting: on my TV, the TSN Habs regional feed is showing the FoxSports Panthers announcers.

Confusing:  on my computer, it’s streaming the TSN Habs regional feed.

590. SeriousFan09 says:

Hordichuk needs to get Subbanged.

591. andrewberkshire says:

Wait, Hordichuk is back in the league?

592. The Teacher says:

atdhe.me not working?

593. Chuck says:

Anyone got a video link for the game?

594. Wayne says:

Boone Witch updates from the International Space Station

LOL

595. kempie says:

I’m not sure what’s creepier: the Boone Witch updates from the International Space Station or the AM79 bobblehead Conky routine. Very funny stuff though. “Freezing my ass off, only part of my lower body that hasn’t been injured. Woah, what happened? Am I in surgury again?” Couple of good belly laughs already.

596. HabFanSince72 says:

Bugz’s boy with the o-zone pen. It’s becoming his specialty.

597. Mr. Habs says:

Carey got rid of the Big F-150 …. Damn …LOL… His girl sure is nice to look at! I glad he didn’t throw his shoulder out when his finger got stuck in the ball :)

598. olematelot says:

Bullshit call

599. JIMVINNY says:

Pouliot gets hauled down, no call.  Panther falls cause he can’t skate, send Pouliot to the box.

600. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I second that vote. Some people are just ridiculous.

This goes for all aspects of life, not just sports: people have an opinion in a debatable topic, defend it rationally for a while, so on. However, once their point is just disproven or is moot, they continue to cling to it so stubbornly for so long. This is not necessarily because there is any evidence backing them at all, but being wrong makes them feel dumb or insecure, hurts their pride. So they have to bring it up agaaaain and agaaaain and again at any opportunity they see even if it makes them more foolish.

There are what, 4 rookies on this team playing as well or better than anyone expected them to? Yet we have to hear this ‘JM ruins young players BULLSHIT over and over.