Excellent!

The Canadiens chase Tomas Vokoun and Carey Price gets another shutout.

Too early to talk Vezina?

1. Da Hema says:

You are indeed the Prince of princes!

2. andrewberkshire says:

Yet he still leads the team for points on the road. The problem is the Gomez line rarely produces, so opponents focus completely on Pleks on the road.

3. DearyLeary says:

Ferraro is awful.  He’s also a terrible colour commentary guy: he rambles on and on with little to no point.  He talks so much that you miss entire shifts of action from his partner calling the game.  In the end Ray’s not only wrong, but he hasn’t really said anything.

4. Antho says:

JMO – I like not having home advantage, it puts the pressure on the other team to win the first two games at home.

However, our reg. season stats suggest that home ice would be more favorable so we can get *another two many men penalty* sorry I mean the last change

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Our MVP forward Plekanec was also good on the road and home last year, this year with Gomez slumped and Pleks struggling to produce outside of the Bell Centre it’s been tough for the Top-6 generate any real offence.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

6. Da Hema says:

Why are the Habs so bad on the road?

Two-word answer: last change.

7. Bill says:

Re: the Hindle article, I was just looking at the different stats for the Habs at home and on the road yesterday, and even beyond the W/L/OT record it’s pretty dramatic.

2.89 GPG at home, 2.27 GPG on the road.

+16 as a team at home, -12 on the road.

0.76 PPG per game at home, 0.63 on the road.

Special teams are +3 at home, 0 on the road. They’ve allowed 3 SHG on the road in 30 games, just one in 34 home games.

The only thing that’s not dramatically different is the goals against: 2.41 at home and 2.67 on the road. I mean, obviously that’s still worse, but 0.2 GPG against is not as bad the 0.6 GPG for difference on on offense.

Why are the Habs so bad on the road? It can’t just be the line-matching, can it? Obviously any team has a harder time on the road – travel, hotels, crowd support – but the Habs have more difficulty than the other playoff seeds.

Full Breezer 4 Life

8. Chorske says:

At the end of the month I am interviewing for a job in Fort Lauderdale (maybe 20 miles from Miami?). Pretty damned excited about it too.

9. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I was at the the NYE game in Sunrise. As a poster alluded to below, it was quite surreal. The crowd was excellent, lots of energy in the arena, and record setting attendance to boot.

The BankAtlantic Center is actually quite the venue, though there is something peculiar about wearing shorts amidst palm trees while walking into a hockey game from the parking lot. The smoke breaks on a beautiful, warm, greenery filled patio were also an experience. And HUGE beers for decent prices.

The amount of francophones was unreal, and for ever 1 U.S. license plate, there were at least 8 Québec plates, with some more from Ontario (I actually did a brief survey, cuz I’m lame like that). Perhaps to force them to survive, Bettman will rearrange divisions, have them play Boston, Buffalo, Toronto and the Habs a combined 12 games a year, ALL in winter. They might double their revenues….

It would be nice if they had their own fans, as they’re my preference of who should survive from the south and southwest. oH wELL !

10. SLYDER says:

Fearless Prediction: (check the team stats) If AK46 and Cammy both hit 20 goals by the end of the season the habs will be sitting in 5th. If AK46, Cammy, AND Benny hit 20 goals – 3rd.

11. Mr.Hazard says:

Come on Habbies! Do your Papa G proud!

(It worked last time)

12. forskis says:

5 goals each for Cammy and AK46 in 18 games?  I think it’ll take more than that to take 5th place.  For the record, I want the Habs to take 5th…I want to see a 1st round matchup against the Pens and let the grinder teams below them try to wear out the Eastern powers.  I think they can do it but the key game will be March 26th at home against the Caps.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

13. OneTimer says:

If it makes you feel better, I’m around 34 years away from retirement 🙂

(but in my mind, I’m already there!)

14. Chorske says:

DOn’t give up. Broward County (Fort Lauderdale area) has some of the highest foreclosure rates in the USA. The housing in that area is actually pretty cheap.

15. OneTimer says:

2-0 Habs. Wisniewski, Plekanec (EN)

16. habsfan0 says:

“There’s a jellyfish and man o’ war warning in the ocean.”  “Check back later for live game blogging from a basement that is, sadly, about 1,300 miles north of Sunrise.”

Fortunately,Boone cleared out all the jellyfish & man o’ wars from his basement weeks ago.

17. TheDagger says:

Oh yeah? What if the Habs win 10-0 tonight and Cammy and AK both get 5 goals? What then? Ahhh

I kid, glad this is the end of the week for me.

18. _Habsoloutly_ says:

That game was awesome.  I was just up from the glass about 5 rows for that game.  When the Wiz scored the winning goal he came to the glass right in front of us and the team mobbed him, the crowd was going bonkers.  I had my sister and her husband at the game with me and they were freaking out at all the habs fans there.

19. sidhu says:

Good luck, Tom!

You should ask Chris Higgins where the good places are to go out.

20. hansolo says:

I saw last night’s Devils-Bolts game on NHL network this afternoon (even though I knew the result). It helps to see other teams play besides your own. One isn’t so emotionally involved. Watching that game today gives me a better feeling about JM’s “system.” I’m also looking at Gomez a bit more sympathetically… Vinnie has 36 points (admittedly in fewer games than Gomer). Gagne? 21 points in 45 games. The vaunted 1-3-1 forecheck either wasn’t there or didn’t do much against the Trap (which, by the way didn’t seem quite as boring today for some reason). MAB’s shooting percentage of 9.5% is at his career average, but his 21 shots in 9 games isn’t. Dominic Moore has 22 points but is -12.

It’s a small sample but I feel a little better now – i guess our coach and GM might, just might, know what they’re doing.  They certainly aren’t worse than average (probably better) and are probably doing the best they can with what they’ve got. Yzerman isn’t  yet the second coming of Sam Pollock, nor is Boucher on par with Scotty Bowman (although both obviously have potential).

So, does being calm and somewhat objective about your team lessen your status as a FAN?

What happens if Price scored more than Gomez?

22. MikeMcLaren says:

That’s only about 30 minutes or so from Sunrise… from what I heard they give out Panthers tickets at McDonald’s for free.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

23. Shiloh says:

Good luck!

24. jbroderi says:

Just a quick note about the trade deadline coverage on TSN.  Did anyone else feel that some of the panelists almost went out of their way to criticise Montreal, all but laughing at their chance to make any noise this year.

I’ll be the first to admit that Montreal isn’t cup favorites, and there are also glaring holes in their line-up that make a long play-off run less than likely.  What I don’t get is how the panel went on for hours about Richards to New York and never once really mentioned that the team is tanking big time. I think they pointed out montreal’s issues and forgot that other teams had them as well.  Before we give the cup to Kaberle and the Bruins, maybe we should realize that their scoring isn’t that special and they take dumb penalties.  Maybe the flyers are going to have trouble in nets as well, especially if they face a tough Miller or Ward in an 8 vs 1 match-up.  Do I even have to point out Tampas issues?? They gave up as many goals as they scored, yet they sit second.  Not really a juggernaut, but Brewer is Christ incarnate according to half the TSn panel.

I could go through the whole Eastern conference, but I am too lazy and no one will read the post anyway.  It just makes me so made when Pierre McTurd and the little short guy with really yellow teeth (ferraro) do nothing but rag on about Montreal’s issues, almost to the point of seeming vindictive.

What else should I expect??  Not much I guess, but the Habs will give whoever they play a tough series, and if they win, they will play another tough series, and so on..  The fact is, every team is close enough that a 3 game winning streak or losing streak can happen at any time to any teams.

T

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

25. zak says:

Last year Tampa didn’t make the playoffs, now they’re third in the conference

26. Habnofear says:

Stephen Hindel,so I’m guessing you work for Mr Gauthier…….

27. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

And in two years, they will be back to not making the playoffs. They have a two year window. No defense, no goalie solution beyone 1-2 years, and tons of money locked up on Lecavalier, Malone, Ohlund, and a good but aging St. Louis.

Also, Stamkos is an RFA this offseason. Wouldn’t wanna deal with the offer sheets coming in. Theyare built for short-term success, and a first round exit would be no surprise. They are this year’s Caps from last season.

28. jbroderi says:

He makes a few good points, but I think that even if they finished 3, they might only have one round of home ice advantage, which makes the point moot to a degree

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

29. darcy1 says:

totally agree.. but what else do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network?

Once the leafs miss the playoffs and we win around, we’ll be their sweethearts once again.

——————-
    ”If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever. ” Pat Foley (Blackhawks broadcaster)

30. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I was about 6 or 7 rows up directly behind Vokoun for that goal. Even caught it on HD video lol. Definitely lively. I love when we take over someone else’s arena. I have been to the Nassau Coliseum for the first Isles game this year, and all three games in Buffalo (i live in Niagara Falls, NY). Islanders game, of course, we owned that arena, which i liked for its crappiness, and even at HSBC I would say we had between a third and half the crowd.

Very cool to see it happen in Vancouver last week too. Might check out that late season game in Ottawa to see it again, makes me laugh.

31. DearyLeary says:

3rd best home record is nothing to turn your nose up at.

32. DearyLeary says:

They also have a Steven Stamkos who has another year in the NHL under his belt.  They also have a half decent keeper for the first time since Khabibulin.

33. DearyLeary says:

And I’d be the first one lining up to give an offer sheet up for Mr. Stamkos.  But rest assured, he will get signed by the Lightning, and it will be for a lot of money, and it will be long term.

34. mike g says:

Price will score his 1st career goal tonight.

Behind his net, comes out from the left side, shoots it over all 6 Pathers players, hits the inside of the right post and behind the red line.

4-2 Habs win.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

35. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

I’m not doubting their ability to re-sign him, but with Lecavalier on the books with a NTC, that can wreak havoc for years to come. Imagine having about 30 mil locked up on 5 players, one of which is not close to being worth the money (Lecavalier), 2 age 35 or over (St. Louis and Ohlund), and 4 of them with a NTC of some sort (Vinny, St. Louis, Ohlund, Malone). Aside from Stamkos, I dont think I would pay those rates for any of them. St. Louis is worth it now, but in 2014-15? ehh

36. hansolo says:

I agree…and I also don’t get why there are almost spiteful about the Habs. You can’t please everyone….

37. Mr. Habs says:

I hope Pouliot & Pleks wake up & score tonight. DD is due for a goal as well.

38. DearyLeary says:

I believe Calgary and Vancouver will be the darlings.  And we’ll no doubt be hearing a lot about the successful reconstruction in Edmonton, as they tell us how the Senators will be modelling their new team on Edmonton’s.  We’ll hear all the good news about how Toronto was ‘truculent’ going into the end of the season, and missing the playoffs by a hair.

Montreal will still be the worst team in Canada, and nobody in their right mind could possibly think otherwise.

The worst part is that the Montreal media criticizes the team just as hard, the only difference is that they cheer when Montreal wins, the rest of Canada seems to groan every time we win a game: a reluctant ‘good for you’.

39. Antho says:

F*$% Auld he stands inside the red line, these points are crucial down the stretch Price FTW

40. Bill says:

Why does it affect them so much more than the other playoff-bound teams?

Full Breezer 4 Life

41. jbroderi says:

that little twerp ferraro bugs me so much!!  He acts like he has a clue, then looks over at mac T and Pierre to make sure that they approve of the message.

I think Duthie should get him some Crest white strips though.  I knew he was full of crap but I figured he’d know how to brush and floss.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

42. Antho says:

Don’t mind Pierre McGuru he was a complete garbage player and now hes even more of a complete garbage analyst and commentator, him, Glenn Healy and Al Strachan should go and host their own panel titled: *#$%heads who know nothing about hockey

43. jbroderi says:

It does seem strange, especially as last year the records home and away were similar.  I just hope they can make some adjustments before the play-offs on the road.

I think JM is a little wiser soemtimes then he looks, or then we make him out to be.  Last year, Halak beat the Capitals, but the Canadiens beat Pittsburgh.

Hopefully him, Pearn and Muller can have a nice bottle of Port and figure this bitch out.  I wanna get up to Montreal for a game this spring, but am only allowed from the wife if we make it to the second round!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

44. king ddd says:

LMAO! tony single handly make l’anti chambre watchable. on last night l’antichambre the other guys were talking about a team in Q city. and tony goes “ya in like 5 years” and piss off the ohter dudes. hahha

** Buck Fruins **

45. HabFanSince72 says:

And if Tony wasn’t  THE most ignorant sports personality in Montreal (PJ Stock is Howard Freaking Cossell next to him), his prediction would probably have some value.

46. Thenumber11 says:

If it really is bench issues, in terms of working with the second change, maybe that ties into the nonsense that is our league leading bench penalties.

Something is rotten in the habs bench area. Fix it dammit!

47. HabFanSince72 says:

Vinnie: 7.7M

Marty: 5.6M

Malone: 4.5M

Kubina: $3.9M

Ohlund: $3.6

That equals a little under 26. Stamkos will get 7M.

48. andrewberkshire says:

Anyone wants to watch something about the Habs turn on TSN2

49. Rugger says:

Pitt has won a grand total of 3 more road games, Wash & TB 2 more.  Only Boston and Philly above them have done a lot better on the road and Boston sucks at home.

50. Mr.Hazard says:

LOL Boone. Nice video. Also, I have that same towel right beside me.

51. Mr.Hazard says:

Do people still not know about ATDHE? lol there prob will be more links once the game starts.

52. Antho says:

anyone have a link for tonight? p2p not broadcasting

53. Da Hema says:

But the playoff-bound teams are not all the same Bill. There is as much difference between the Philadelphias, Detroits and Vancouvers and the eighth-seeded teams as there is between the ninth-seeded and last teams in the conferences.

54. scrowe21 says:

Picard?????? WHY? Mara has been good, physical.. Weber has been good…I don’t get it…

55. kempie says:

I doubt that this will ever change. But, for me, it makes it that much sweeter when the Habs enjoy success, especially in playoffs. There’s nothing as satisfying as watching the looks on the faces of the McGuires, Cherrys and Healys as they struggle to choke down the shit tacos they’ve prepared for themselves. I love it.

56. Diriangen says:

<!– /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} –>

Nice one Booner… good phonetic imitation of Andrei.

Tonight’s a must win for the Habs!

I say Max Pacs gets a hat trick against the depleted Panthers.

Go Habs!

57. Rugger says:

Buff vs Car – hard to decide who to root for, guess anything that ends in regulation.

58. Clay4bc says:

If you think Pleks needs to “wake up”, you haven’t been watching.

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

59. kempie says:

Picard? Jesus Christ! sigh.

60. christophor says:

So if Atlanta somehow moves to Winnipeg, the suggestion is that Detroit moves into the East. Given that, it makes sense geographically that Detroit moves into the NE Division, Boston moves into the Atlantic, and NJ moves into the SE division to replace Atlanta.

61. flanman says:

http://www.atdhe.net – the replacement for the website with the similar name. it’s exactly the same.

62. Antho says:

offtopic….damn the flyers are stacked

63. Wayne says:

Boone, there’s no other way of saying this. You’re a treasure.

64. Habs_love says:

“All I can say to the young players is, enjoy every moment of it. Just enjoy every moment of it.” – Lemieux

65. SeriousFan09 says:

Pleks is great at the Bell Centre this season, but the issue is he’s short on point production for road games.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

66. Mr.Hazard says:

Actually…. You just game him/her the old link!

67. Shiloh says:

Maybe it’s just to get Picard a game. He probably shouldn’t sit for longer than two weeks.

68. Mike Boone says:

Can you believe I get paid for this s—?

69. Wayne says:

I know. It’s pretty sickening to see that. But, they’ve had pretty stacked teams before and hit the wall.

70. Wayne says:

Probably that and nothing else. Besides, if he poops it up, Martin knows how to bench players.

71. Kain292 says:

No. No I cannot.

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

72. Clay4bc says:

What happens if Darche scores more goals than Gomez?

Oh, wait…

__________________________

73. flanman says:

atdhe.me – lol that’s the new link.

74. HUDSONHAB says:

I dreamed of being a snowbird one day but the economy has been kicked so bad in the last 5yrs were I live, I won’t be retiring any time soon, let alone to FLA. 🙁

….Hab4life….