Domination … again

And a comeback W.

Wow!

1. win4ce says:

In his defence he did coach Florida who barely qualified to play in the NHL

2. scrowe21 says:

^ Pretty much exactly what I was going to say..Maxpac can be the power forward we need in a year or two. I think Gainey was also talking about Weber and Carle.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

3. geo_habsgo says:

Lol you’re probably right but its that 18.24% that worries me. Kovy is the Enigma after all.

4. Bryan says:

I think MaxPac will make it as a Hab.

Deharnais and Maxwell don’t fit in the team’s plans right now.  We’re too deep at centre.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

5. geo_habsgo says:

That’s interesting. I can see us getting rid of a lot of them before they crack the Habs roster. We seem to have given up on some. Maxwell will probably be an NHLer but i doubt it will be in a Habs uniform. Same for Max Pac it just seems like we don’t have the space or the patience for them anymore. It is a little disheartening but what can you do?

6. habs001 says:

it may be unfair but ak46 and pouliot playing well like moen,boyd,halpern,lapps, or pyatt but  producing like them will not be enough…we have players in the ahl who can hit,check and grind and not score…we cannot have 8 forwards who have limited scoring touch on the team plus gomez who may score 15 goals…ak46 and pouliots job description is not to play and produce like bottom 6 forwards…

7. Ayan_SB says:

“Didn’t specifically name  them, and also noted that they wouldn’t necessarily be playing for the Habs.”

David Desharnais for example?

8. geo_habsgo says:

Great. Amateur hour.

I’m joking cool info!

9. yathehabsrule says:

Bob Gainey was on during the second intermission of the Bulldogs games. He noted there are 6 or 7 players on the current roster that will be in the NHL within a year or two. Didn’t specifically name  them, and also noted that they wouldn’t necessarily be playing for the Habs.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

10. nightmare_49 says:

The refs for tonight’s game are the Montreal duo of Dave Jackson and Marc Joannette. Jackson is coming back from a serious injury last season and is from the West Island while Joannette is from Verdun.

11. yathehabsrule says:

Weber from Pacioretty

Here’s the gamepage.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

12. Sakus Evil Twin says:

Beer Buzz ahoy!

AT 6:05

For some reason… and desperately unlike Buffalo – I love watching Habs/Sens hockey.

Awnyhoo. Hello Commentariat.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

13. Da Hema says:

My advice would be to stay with him, but don’t hit him or anything like that. The probability is 81.76% that he will sleep through the game.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

14. geo_habsgo says:

I always have this irrational fear whenever we play against a team with a former Hab on it that they will know exactly how to score on Price and make us pay. Hence, our game against Kovy and company is really scaring me right now even though Kovy has been the epitome of crap his first few games.

15. Da Hema says:

I think your speculation has merit. Gainey is experienced in bargaining, so he no doubt would have known Kovalev’s agent would not accept the first offer–no matter the substance of the offer. I was surprised Gainey made any offer, but you are right there was a loud contingent of fans who thought Kovalev was some superstar rather than an aging, egoistic pouter whose very presence in a locker room, like a wet-vac, sucked whatever team enthusiasm existed right into a dark vortex.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

16. Bob Barker says:

I doubt he would have offered Kovalev a 5-million dollar contract if he didn’t want him to sign it. What would Gainey say if he had signed it? “Damnit! Called my bluff”

He just wasn’t willing to wait while other free-agents got signed.

17. yathehabsrule says:

Then Kadri gets his first pro goal on a crappy bounce. Leaf fans will be told he skated past three players to score.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

18. Da Hema says:

Welcome! As the old saying goes: it takes a thousand voices to tell a single story…or some crap like that.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

19. Chuck says:

Forgot to post this last night, but a great song selection by the Buffalo
    production staff to serenade the Sabre faithful out of the arena after
    the Sabres collected 1 out of a possible 8 points in their first four
    games: “Up” by Shania Twain.

It’s ’bout as bad as it could be
    Seems everybody’s buggin’ me
    Like nothing wants to go my way

Yeah, it just ain’t been my day
    Nothin’s comin’ easily…

There’s no way but up from here

20. Bill says:

Yes it is. I live in Moncton, actually, just drove here for the show.

Full Breezer 4 Life

21. scrowe21 says:

Maxwell is rackin up some points in his first 2 games in Hamilton..

Robert Mayer scored on his own net. lol

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

22. tbovs says:

Mr. Carrie Underwood

GO HABS GO

23. tbovs says:

I play like ol’ muffin head Erik Lindros…head down lumbering through everyonel…must be why I’m not playin in the NHL and why I can’t remember my name….sometimes….OR….I just suck….sometimes.

GO HABS GO

24. HFX-HabFan says:

Boone is quite right, Fisher always gives us a hard time and is a thorn in our side.

25. yathehabsrule says:

Joe Benoit had 144 points in 185 games, He left the Habs for two seasons to serve in WWII.

When he came back, his linemates Toe Blake and Elmer Lach had a new guy on the right wing…

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

26. HFX-HabFan says:

Welcome aboard, and as others would say, keep your head up.

27. HFX-HabFan says:

Maybe it’s a like a Claude Julien against Montreal thing: too many fond memories of your former employer to have that “killer instinct” to get the job done.

28. tbovs says:

My first post after 3 years of watching and reading and i decided to actually formulate an opinion and put a virtual signature to it.   The senators are playing like TBay right now with a hefty forecheck and grinding line that can score(mr Carrie Underwood).  They are going to have to play tight and Price will have to be on his toes(or knees or whatever he uses to make the save).  Price should start (barring injury or mental lapses) the first ten games in a row to give them and him some confidence and a decent record to start with.  Then you can go to Auld for a break for back to back games or so.  Lets hope they do that so Pricey can get his game grooved.

GO HABS GO

29. HFX-HabFan says:

Didn’t realize you’re in Halifax.  Rainy day here today.

30. Chuck says:

He sounds like he went to the Rick Jeanneret School of Hockey Announcing… and failed.

31. Les-Habitants says:

So AK46 is already a top 100 most productive Canadien ever?  Not bad…especially, if he continues at this pace.  Gotta say, getting Sergei out of town was a great move on our part (assuming he was an aspect in distracting his brother..and not even mentioning Boyd).

Looking forward to this game…another big one against a tight divisional rival.  Would be very satisfying to knock em down

32. scrowe21 says:

Jacques Martin against Ottawa

4-13-1. Cory Clouston against the Canadiens: 7-2

Thats brutal..

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

33. scrowe21 says:

Who got the second goal & assists ? I missed it. I find the play by play guy is really good, aside from the dumb line at the first.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

34. Bill says:

A reporter from La Presse claims Vincent Lecavalier was there.

Full Breezer 4 Life

35. Bill says:

Yeah, I’m pulling for Price to have another great home game AND get the win, he deserves it. Loving his start, he just looks confident this year.

Full Breezer 4 Life

36. Bill says:

Ha, no, professional. Neptune Theatre in Halifax. I’m looking forward to it – I’m a Shakespeare guy – but my previous live experiences have been the Royal Shakespeare Company and Rupert Goold, so I’m trying to keep my expectations reasonable. Just like I try to do with JM’s offensive strategy (that was a joke).

Full Breezer 4 Life

37. yathehabsrule says:

You sure know when the Dogs score though! LOL

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

38. Willy the bum says:

Ha ha!

39. Willy the bum says:

My hope goes out to Price, may he bring his win on home ice and shut those Leafs fans and its tidbit gif.  Yeah, I said “its”.

40. Bill says:

No lie, I was at a show in NYC last spring, checking HIO between scenes, and accidentally swore loudly when the Capitals scored. People were mad, but c’mon, it was the playoffs!

Full Breezer 4 Life

41. punkster says:

Will this be a professional performance or a painful high school “must attend”?

42. HFX-HabFan says:

My favourite part of last night’s win was in the dying seconds: Ruff sent out his goons, and Gaustad, who has 9 inches and 55 pounds on Gionta, went after our captain.  Hal Gill came to his captain’s defense and tied up the big lug.  What a teammate.

These guys play for each other.  That will go a long way.

43. Willy the bum says:

I just hope that the actress who plays Juliet would say, “Oh Romeo, where are thou?”, and you scream out, “YEAH, HABS SCORED!!!” as you looked on your phone.

44. yathehabsrule says:

Mike,

Stubbs also mentioned on Twitter, that Doug Harvey made his debut on this day in 1947.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

45. punkster says:

OK, that solves that one (wipes hands).

Now, was there more than one shooter in Dealey Plaza?

46. Bill says:

Going to a production of Romeo & Juliet, so missing the game. I’ll follow the game on HIO from my phone, so if everyone would be as descriptive as possible with their posts, that would be great, thanks 🙂 If Martin is the coach Boone says he is, I’ll be expecting to hear about another solid defensive effort.

47. JD_ says:

Thought a lot about this one, back in the day.

Gainey wanted to sign Komisarek. That much is clear.

Don’t think, however, Gainey wanted Kovy. He was goin’ to rebuild the team and couldn’t have this hugely talented, albeit chronic underachiever in the room. At the same time, Bob had to be careful how it played out with the public.

Unlike Komisarek’s deal – which was open for around a week, if I recall – the offer to Kovy came off the table almost as fast as it hit it; i.e., the moment Kovalev’s agent hesitated, possibly just to confer with Kovy on term and/or salary, Gainey pulled the offer. Very, very shortly after that, the Gionta deal was announced.

Why would Gainey do that? Cause Kovy was immensely popular in Montreal – recall the marchers with their placards – and Gainey did not want to be seen as havin’ gotten rid of him.

So, history has us believin’ Gainey tried, but Kovy went elsewhere on his own accord. I am almost 99% certain, this was not the outcome Alex anticipated. Look back at how bewildered he was, after the fact. Think he might have been overseas when this happened.

Yeah, I’m theorizin’, but the circumstances and timin’ surroundin’ what went down back up the overall shrewdness of Gainey’s move.

Machiavelli would have been proud.

48. Chuck says:

There’s a reason why he’s broadcasting AHL games. Or maybe they’re grooming him to take over from Bob Cole.

49. mdl says:

HNIC National Game tonight: Does this mean we will be spared having to listen Bob ‘Maple Leaf’ Cole?

50. yathehabsrule says:

According to RDS’ Renaud Lavioe, Kovalev says his knee is still not 100%, and his challenge is having to play with it.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

51. notbigbird says:

I’m trying to plan my evening. At what time is the server scheduled to go down?

52. notbigbird says:

What if both Kovy and Komo had taken the money? Thankfully, they were greedy.

53. yathehabsrule says:

Yeah Avstin got banged up by a Rochester player, who then felt the wrath of Alex Henry.

Sanford took a puck to the throat during the Friday skate, so he’s missing his start.

Bulldogs play-by-play guy on Marlies goalie: “He’s 0-1-0, with no shutouts” Ya think!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

54. scrowe21 says:

Listening to the Bulldogs game on the radio…is there ever any streams for their games? Avtsin and Palushaj BOTH out with injuries already.. bummer

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

55. Chuck says:

I labeled myself as being from Montreal so that I could take the survey… then messed with all of the answers to teach them a lesson.  🙂

56. MikeMcLaren says:

Ladies and gentlemen!

In your red corner, weighing in at 175lbs of pure heart, everyone’s favorite big little man, oh captain, my captain: Brian Gionta!

In your… other red corner, weighing in at 225lbs of pure talent, everyone’s favorite enigma, Alex Kovalev!

Very psyched to see this bout in person tonight.  I’m sure Alex will go for some razzle dazzle in front of his favorite crowd – one that may well boo him.  And of course, my hope here is that Gio’s scrappy work ethic gets it done tonight.  It would be nice for the captain to help secure a home win for his goaltender and remind everyone that sometimes opportunity knocks in funny ways.

Oh what could have been, huh?  Still an interesting game of “what if’s”.  What if Kovy took the money?  What sort of adventure would we see with Kovalev on Gomez’s wing?

So far, I think most would agree that the club is probably a fair amount better off without Kovalev and Komisarek.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

57. MikeMcLaren says:

Same thing happened for me just now when I selected “Outside of Canada.”

I guess they *don’t* want to hear from me after all!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

58. Keith says:

Ya know, I could really care less what some laffs blog like Pension Plan Puppets thinks of Carey Price and the Canadiens (and no I didn’t read the article because I really don’t care)and the last time Price won at the Bell Centre. As someone wrote below, they should count the last time they made the playoffs, or the last time they won the cup. Now THATS alot of days we’re talking about.

59. yathehabsrule says:

It did that yesterday too.

“Oh you’re from Ontario? Never mind!” LOL

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

60. MikeMcLaren says:

Well the next time I’m in Ottawa I know where I’m going to try and get a discount!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

61. 1010 says:

Terrible call on the Letang hit. Totally feel Comeau’s at fault on the play. And it’s a disturbing call to say the least. Refs will be making these calls to get the message out and it will definately be costing teams games. Trying to end head shots in hockey is going to lead to a lot of problems

I heard the genious Bob McGowan say that if they can do it in football then they shouldn’t have any problem in hockey. Well, he’s wrong. It’s a much faster game and a lot of these calls are gonna get screwed up. Everybody wants head hits out of the game-of course- but the cost will be high.

The refs make a lot of costly mistakes as it is and those numbers are about to go a lot higher. And it will be the Laps type of player who will never get the benefit of the doubt on these hits. Even if the ref suspects the hit may have been a little high these guys will get called.

GO HABS…

62. yukonhab says:

I would recommend McLaren’s on Elgin. Big TVs and Good beer, plus not alot of noise

63. arcosenate says:

Yes, apparently Ontario filled up quickly today. Anyway, I’ll take my insight to the grave now.

Go Habs.

64. Shiloh says:

You have to adopt the attitude that every night’s the night. But you have to set one rule – never during a close game.

65. secretdragonfly says:

Sounds like they’re using Google translate.

66. Mr.Hazard says:

That sounds incredibly stupid…

67. secretdragonfly says:
    secretdragonfly's picture

Anyone tried to take the Habs Inside/Out
    survey on the right-hand side?  I got as far as the second question
    (province of residence) and got this weird message.  Glad to know my
    collaboration is precious.

We thank you for your precious
    collaboration; it is greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately,
    we have reached the number of participants your profile.

68. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

BAHAHAHAHAH

Don’t worry bud, patience, you’re due.

69. helluva habs fan says:

I was wondering about that myself. Two slashes, one for each ankle… and he strolls around laughing about it afterwards. I guess they’re not reviewing it because there was no major penalty? I think they’d rather keep his name out of the papers all together, so sweep this one under the rug. How about the Letang hit he got a game misconduct for? I thought that was clean and totally the fault of Comeau who mishandled the puck and was looking down. Will he be disciplined?

70. helluva habs fan says:

The Canadiens have a great opportunity to get their season on the right track tonight. I’m hoping we see the Gomez line shake some of the early season jitters and start finding some chemistry out there. If they can start clicking along side the plucky Plekanec trio, less time will be spent fighting tooth and nail protecting one goal leads.

Price has been Steady Eddie out there, which is very encouraging. He’s kept all the games close and given his teammates a chance to win each and every night. It’s a good thing too, since the two wins to date have been squeakers. I’d like to see Jacques Martin keep using him and let him really establish a groove he can carry through the season.

Although the Canadiens have had trouble getting puck in the net on the PP, at least they’ve had no trouble getting pucks on the net. In the absence of a quality QB like Markov, this is exactly what they need to keep doing. Keep shooting and those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities will start going in.

71. habber86 says:

I like watching games at Pub101 (pretty good beer prices and nice projector and tv’s) in the market, and Hooleys on Elgin is a pretty good spot.

72. notbigbird says:

Is tonight the night?

This is exactly what I keep asking my wife.

73. Rob Maguire says:

Where is a good place to watch the game in Ottawa?

74. Philly-Poo says:

Hiya folks!

Well, its been a little while since I’ve posted here, I’ve been a little busy with school and mid-terms, and this isn’t even about tonight’s game… Anyways… I’m watching hockey highlights last night, and something that transpired in the Rangers VS. Leafs game REALLY caught MY attention, and, I’m also hoping it got the attention of those in charge of disciplinary actions in the NHL.  I will point out that I find it slightly disturbing that I’m about to defend a Maple Laugh, but, this must be said.  Sean Avery during the course of the game appearently wasn’t too happy with Komisarek, and at one point delivered one slash, followed by another slash on Komisarek’s legs.  The second slash sent the tree down, and Avery got a two minute penalty, and that was that, I didn’t hear any talk about further disciplinary action.  WTF, seriously?  As I recall, in preseason, Cammalleri did pretty much the same thing to that NYI rookie, AND got a one game suspension.  Shouldn’t Avery, who is most definitely a repeat offender get at LEAST one game?  If Avery doesn’t get suspended the NHL will once again prove their competancy, or there lack of, for dealing with issues in their own league…