Did the Canadiens ever need that one!

And they got it.

1,053 Comments

1. smiler2729 says:

You are the expert on constant negativity.

2. SLYDER says:

rangers pick up McCabe – who cares?

i hate the guy

3. RetroMikey says:

Won’t matter if Sopel comes in…he’s old and not the same player when he played in Vancouver.

We obtained a short term rental player, a gamble again by Gauthier.

Weber just too small too play on D and I cringe when I see him play on D.

Face it, we got serious issues on this team and the cracks are starting to show.

Too old on D and too short upfront is Gauthier’s recipe for disaster.

We had a great playoff run last year. I will be surprised if we eke into the playoffs and have the same run as last season.

Philly or Boston in the East folks, believe it.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

4. OneTimer says:

OK, so…the Hurricanes. Can anyone think of a more top-heavy team in the league? The team is Staal and Ward. And with the big, eerily pale center out, this should be an easy game right? Right?

- a Habs fan in NC

5. Danno says:

Hey! How’d you get a hold of the script? It’s supposed to be top secret.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. avatar_58 says:

Wait, isn’t Markov and Gorges nameplates still there? Last video I saw Markov still had a spot and we all know he’s done for the season, questionable for next.

Does this mean they are getting rid of Spacek or something, or that there’s just no room?

7. Josh says:

Oh Habs fans, you never cease to amaze me.

1st bit of good news in a while. Hopefully Sissy retires.

9. avatar_58 says:

Hell I’ll do it, I have street hockey pads and my glove is kinda ripped up. Should work better than Aulds though right?

10. Shiloh says:

I don’t want to see Weber traded – he is coming along. Sopel might have some gas in the tank. If he’s steady, maybe we could get him for another year at a good price. I love all the players from Thunder Bay, and that includes Alex Auld. But it might make sense to pick up somebody like Conklin as a solid backup – unless, of course, Gauthier pulls off a big trade which leaves us right up against the cap.

11. OneTimer says:

c’mon man, Spacek deserves more respect than that. He got beat up twice for his team this year…

12. Shiloh says:

Eric is pale, but it’s not so eerie – he’s Dutch. We have a good sized Dutch enclave here in Thunder Bay, many of whom settled in the Kam (Kaministiquia) River Valley to farm and raise dairy cattle. That’s where the Staals’ have a sod farm.

I have a buddy who worked on a sod farm just south of Winnipeg when he was a teenager. I was laying sod in my backyard a few years back so I phoned him up to ask for some tips. His response? “Green side up.” He’s a Leaf fan – very sad.

13. HabFanSince72 says:

I have a large laundry bag I could lend the Habs. Fill it with socks and put it in nets. No worse than American Airlines.

14. Da Hema says:

A bit on the harsh side, no HH? His best days are certainly behind him, but I’ve never observed him be a passenger on this team–unlike some other players.

15. shootdapuck says:

New superstar callup goaltender in STL.

Had a shutout last night!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

16. OneTimer says:

Cool story, dog. Was just pokin’ fun at “the best Staal”. Probably my favorite player that I hate.

17. punkster says:

Weak. Very lame response man. If you’re joking add a ;). If not then pffft.

***Subbang!!!***

18. xchicksxwithxsticksx says:

lol i was just about to comment something similar. we need someone to give price a break from nets, not make his workload larger. conklin is a much better choice.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

You’re about the only person at Habs I/O that is still doubting Weber from what I can read around here. Most people here seem pretty high on our 2nd rookie defencemen.

Philly then, Boston will screw it up like they always do.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

20. RJB says:

Spacek works his tail off and seems like a great guy. He doesn’t deserve that kind of talk.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” – Bilbo Baggins

21. punkster says:

Bitter, pathetic, loser mentality response. You’ve been drinking the Kool-Aid my friend, the Kool-Aid that has been mixed and served up by the so-called “realists” on this site. Everything is wrong with ownership, management, coaches and players. They brought in the Kool-Aid reference to denigrate those who try to squeeze some enjoyment out of life. They are the losers because they put so much of their lives into seeing the dark side, the conspiracies and the negatives in the world. Don’t go down their path HH. It’s fraught with danger. It’s evil and dark and completely devoid of life.

***Subbang!!!***

22. christophor says:

Silly. Besides, Habs are left with his cap hit even if he retires. 35+ contract there for you.

23. smiler2729 says:

Glasscal Leclaire breaks wind and he’s out, no thanks.

24. smiler2729 says:

The Conk hasn’t exactly lit it up in St.Louis (hence waivers!) but he could share all the bitchin’ about Price that Jaro musta spewed all season long…

Everyone thinks Habs are a lock for playoffs? Really? What’s was the hint – the last game against the leafs?

Add me to the list of those not sold out on Weber (of course, you are not surprised). What has he got that makes him so good? He will get eaten up by the bigger guys.

27. RetroMikey says:

You have not seen him play as much as I have in Hamilton where developmen starts there.

I’ll be surprised if he still is on our roster next season.

The guy is too fragile to compete in this big league, this is not the OHL and prone to many defensive lapses when under pressure.

If Philly then Boston screw up as you say, then what are you saying?  Our mighty Canadiens in the final?

If we cannot beat weaker teams like Toronto or Edmonton, we are not worthy to be in the playoffs.

That is, if we make it.

Not an easy game tonight, we are now sweating as a team.

We lack consitency on this team and they have not played consistent or dominationg 60 minutes of hockey for a long time.

Sure we have skill, but Plekanec, Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta are not finishers on this team.

We need to trade again and get players who are finishers and like to get dirty in front of the net.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

We have a nice mix of quality vets and rookies on our roster to carry the day, under the correct coaching staff.

After J.Martin put this train wrecked team together last year and took us on a very nice run into last years play offs. I have been very slow to be critical of his coaching ability to take this club to the next level. But it is now show time, to give the paying public their monies worth.

Yes we have been hit hard by the injury bug to key players this year. But we do have a very good farm team to draw replacement players from and we have picked up some more experience for our back end.

There is no excuse for this talented team to fall on its face this year. It is getting late in the season and it is now time for the coaching staff to get this team playing winning hockey with more consistency than the recent past.!

Come on Jacques, It is time to show us what your made of. Just ask PK to coach you on how to develop some more enthusiasm and intensity behind the bench.

29. christophor says:

Weber’s offensive game has never been questioned. The fact that he’s been sound defensively (i.e. you don’t notice him on the ice) is a very good surprise. If he can become even average in his own end, he can start focusing more on offense again next year and be a pretty good Dman. That Weber’s been able to step in and fill a defensive role is very promising because you know that’s not all that’s there.

A similar story for Subban, who was supposed to be terrible in his own end. If he has that down after this year, I think he’ll be due for an offensive explosion.

It just goes to show that nobody over the age of 35 that isn’t named Lidstromm should be signed to a contract in excess of 1 year.